Rotterdam ~ Abn Amro World Tennis Tournament [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rotterdam ~ Abn Amro World Tennis Tournament

alisia
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
David is seeded no3 and is in the Toad's half of the draw :p

[1] Robin Soderling (SWE) - [WC] Robin Haase (NED)
Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) - Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE)
Ernests Gulbis (LAT) - Thiemo de Bakker (NED)
Marcel Granollers (ESP) - [6] Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)

[3] David Ferrer (ESP) - Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Viktor Troicki (SRB) - [WC] Thomas Schoorel (NED)
Marin Cilic (CRO) - Qualifier
[WC] Jesse Huta Galung (NED) - [5] Jurgen Melzer (AUT)

[8] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) - Qualifier
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Michael Llodra (FRA)
Andrey Golubev (KAZ) - Qualifier
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP) - [4] Tomas Berdych (CZE)

[7] Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) - Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR)
Qualifier - Gilles Simon (FRA)
Florian Mayer (GER) - Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) - [2] Andy Murray (GBR)

FerrersLinda
02-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Are David and Jarko dating?:p

Edda
02-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Vamos, Ferru!

ariel2
02-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Yeah,it's getting really awkward, no? :lol:

Carol96
02-06-2011, 08:01 AM

:haha:

Draw could be worse... I'm glad he's playing Rotterdam rather than SA as a) he got a bit of time off to recover from the AO and b) it's a more prestigious tourney being a 500 rather than a 250.

VAMOS Ferru!!!

alisia
02-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Tommy & Rafa will get jealous if they are :p

FerrersLinda
02-06-2011, 01:50 PM

If you love someone .... set them free.:dance::p

Anyway, I agree with Carol. Rotterdam is the right choice. I feel for the tournament director in SA though. It's gonna be hard for J'burg to get high profile players to show up.

Sommarsverige
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM

And I know some other people who may be jeolous, including me :p

alisia
02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
If you love someone .... set them free.:dance::p

Anyway, I agree with Carol. Rotterdam is the right choice. I feel for the tournament director in SA though. It's gonna be hard for J'burg to get high profile players to show up.

:devil:

Totally agree about him making the right choice not sure about him heading off to South America afterwards tho :rolleyes:

FerrersLinda
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Tennis Plaza – Activities 10:00 - 23:00
Ladies Day of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament.

During the entire day the shops and horeca facilities are opened. Numerous activities can be attended, such as autograph sessions and fashion shows, you can have your picture taken with topplayers from the tournament, live radio-broadcasts are produced and you have a chance to win exciting prizes.

Programm Tennis Plaza
After first match Fashionshow
16.00 - 16.15 hrs Fashionshow with David Ferrer and Richard Gasquet
16.15 - 16.30 hrs Signaturesession with David Ferrer and Richard Gasquet
Afternoon Performance Jaap X factor
18.30 - 18.45 hrs Signaturesession with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
18.45 - 19.00 hrs Fashionshow

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Signature session? Who cares? Head to the runway! I demand lots of pictures from whoever is in Rotterdam.

ariel2
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Fashion show with David Ferrer. I'd love to see what the professionals do with his hair.....let alone the rest of him. :devil:

Carol96
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Fashion show with David Ferrer...:lick::drool::hearts:

Perhaps it's a good idea I am NOT in Rotterdam... :devil: I mean, how to keep ones' hands to ones'self :shrug:

This one certainly tops the Rafa Armarni shoot in my book!!

Oh yeah, as for the tennis ;)he should know how to play Nieminen by now!!

Sommarsverige
02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I discovered it yesterday on the Rotterdam site that Ferru would take part in this fashion show and was about to drive to Rotterdam directly....

I was so mad about myself, because I was so much thinking about going to Rotterdam some weeks ago, but then decided against it :( Stupid decision, I know :devil:
But I mailed some friends who are there and I really hope they did a good job and made some pics for me :worship:

FerrersLinda
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
07/02/2011
DAYSESSION

Centre Court
11:00 uur Llodra / Zimonjic - Bopanna / Qureshi
followed by: David Ferrer - Jarkko Nieminen
followed by: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Grigor Dimitrov
followed by: Ernests Gulbis - Thiemo de Bakker

Carol96
02-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Go for it Ferru!!!

xohxmyx
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
well that didnt go well did it?

I dont think he really wanted to be there....at least I hope he didnt want to be there and played like that on pupose otherwise...what the hell was that!?!?!

Edda
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Vamos, Ferru!

FerrersLinda
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
:speakles:

nalbyfan
02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Don't undersatand, what happened to Ferru ?? He was injured ? Very dissapointing result. Next tourney : BA where he has a lot of points to defend

FerrersLinda
02-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Could he just have been trying to get a 500 tourney out of the way? :scratch:

Oh well, come over to this side of the world David, the weather is pretty good here.:D

Carol96
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Whaaatt happened??? :confused:

I had to take Ye Aged One (aka my bad tempered Mum) to a hospital appointment... queued 20 mins for a parking space - only one was really tight and I blooming scraped the car against a pillar :devil: (Goddamit - major regional hospital and they have c**p parking *steam comes out of head*) Hope it doesn't mean a whole rear door respray :(

Then arrghh D loses? (Sorry David) poor guy hasn't anything to do with my stuff!!

OoooK - He can go and praccy lots and lots on lovely clay in lovely warm South America and be totally acclimatised for the Golden Swing. Ah David on clay - nuffin like it, eh? (OK, there is Rafa on clay, ha ha, but we are a David thread ;))

alisia
02-08-2011, 05:49 PM
He was obviously missing his no1 boy Snr Robredo :p

FerrersLinda
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Whaaatt happened??? :confused:

I had to take Ye Aged One (aka my bad tempered Mum) to a hospital appointment... queued 20 mins for a parking space - only one was really tight and I blooming scraped the car against a pillar :devil: (Goddamit - major regional hospital and they have c**p parking *steam comes out of head*) Hope it doesn't mean a whole rear door respray :(

Then arrghh D loses? (Sorry David) poor guy hasn't anything to do with my stuff!!

OoooK - He can go and praccy lots and lots on lovely clay in lovely warm South America and be totally acclimatised for the Golden Swing. Ah David on clay - nuffin like it, eh? (OK, there is Rafa on clay, ha ha, but we are a David thread ;))

Hope you don't have to get your whole rear resprayed.:bolt:

He was obviously missing his no1 boy Snr Robredo :p

Do they still talk? I thought they'd had a falling out a few years back when Tommy sneaked a peak at the decolletage of one of David's fans?:p

alisia
02-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Do they still talk? I thought they'd had a falling out a few years back when Tommy sneaked a peak at the decolletage of one of David's fans?:p

:speakles: Is that why they don't play together anymore :eek:

Sommarsverige
02-08-2011, 08:51 PM

:lol:

Our boy withdrew from Buenos Aires with "personal reasons." I hope everything is okay with him and his family :worship:

cobalt60
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Ahha; that most likely explains his wandering mind on the court. Hope all is ok too.

Linda- how much does "respraying one's rear end " cost these days? Hope it isn't as much as a face lift :p

Edda
02-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Sorry to hear David lost! Now I have nothing to watch this weekend.

Carol96
02-09-2011, 07:29 AM

I'm going to call the insurance company today... wish me luck!!! :banghead:

I hadn't heard about that David - Tommy upset. Anyone fill me in on what actually happened? David always seems such an easygoing guy usually, so there must have been something up :shrug:

I hope David sorts out whatever these "personal motives" are. Maybe that contributed to his Rotterdam loss... There must be a good reason for him withdrawing as he'll drop his 125 whatever finalist's points and with yesterday's loss, I think he will drop from #6 again unless Berdy does something totally stupid. Also he's too much of a competitor to withdraw for a little thing, plus don't the ATP fine players if they don't have a good reason?

Come back full of enthusiasm and fire, Ferru!!

alelysafina
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I hope it's nothing too serious and that he's back in action soon :)

Carol96
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Looks like he's just exhausted himself....

Marca: El español David Ferrer será baja en torneo de tenis ATP 250 de Buenos Aires que se disputará la semana próxima, anunció el director de la competición, Martín Jaite.

"Es una pena no poder contar con David. Después de sus largos encuentros en el Abierto de Australia quedó agotado físicamente. Le deseamos lo mejor y que regrese pronto a las pistas", dijo Jaite.

The Spanish David Ferrer will be low in ATP tennis tournament in Buenos Aires 250, which takes place next week, announced the contest director, Martin Jaite.

"It's a shame not to have David. After his long meetings in the Australia Open was physically exhausted. We wish him well and return soon to the tracks, " said Jaite.
(don't you just love Google Translate!!)

Edda
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Aw, David! I hope you recover soon and all will be well with you! You are such a good and tough competitor.

nalbyfan
02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Hope he can defend his title in Acapulco

Edda
02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope so too! I enjoyed watching the Ferrer/Ferrero final last year! They are my favorite players, along with Roger and Rafa.

Carol96
02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I hope so too! I enjoyed watching the Ferrer/Ferrero final last year! They are my favorite players, along with Roger and Rafa.

Edda - we are of the same mind :wavey: (apart from Roger - I totally respect him as a player: I mean who can't - he is amazing, but I can't take to him as a person as I do with David, JC and Rafa. Like I just can't take to Andy Murray.)

This is totally off topic I know, but I am really warming to "young" Dolgo - there's a lovely feature on the ATP site just loaded...

FerrersLinda
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Linda- how much does "respraying one's rear end " cost these days? Hope it isn't as much as a face lift :p

No idea, haven't needed to get mine "resprayed" just yet. :p

Looks like he's just exhausted himself....

Marca: El español David Ferrer será baja en torneo de tenis ATP 250 de Buenos Aires que se disputará la semana próxima, anunció el director de la competición, Martín Jaite.

"Es una pena no poder contar con David. Después de sus largos encuentros en el Abierto de Australia quedó agotado físicamente. Le deseamos lo mejor y que regrese pronto a las pistas", dijo Jaite.

The Spanish David Ferrer will be low in ATP tennis tournament in Buenos Aires 250, which takes place next week, announced the contest director, Martin Jaite.

"It's a shame not to have David. After his long meetings in the Australia Open was physically exhausted. We wish him well and return soon to the tracks, " said Jaite.
(don't you just love Google Translate!!)

Actually that's the first Google translation that I've read that actually comes seriously close to the original.

Exhaustion at the beginning of the season? Hmmm :scratch: .....

cobalt60
02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
He shouldn't be physically exhausted but maybe personal meant something unexpected and there's some mental anguish. Man I could be a writer like hubby if I keep this speculation up :lol: :p

Edda
02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh, poor Ferru! I hope he will be okay.

I have a curious attraction to the Spanish players, especially David, Rafa and Juanqui. I think it is because they are so close to their families. It is always so touching when David and Rafa go into the stands to see their families and when Juanqui does his special tribute to his mother after his matches.

Carol96
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
link to the Fashion Show vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz17MWuBrpo

David looking adorably shy at around 0.41 and 1.19....:hearts: (LOL to the girlmodel who has problems keeping her hands of Richard G!!!):D

ariel2
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
link to the Fashion Show vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz17MWuBrpo

David looking adorably shy at around 0.41 and 1.19....:hearts: (LOL to the girlmodel who has problems keeping her hands of Richard G!!!):D

Oh yeah, just noticed Richie didn't know when to turn and head back on the catwalk either. They both just lingered showing off their duds - model was lucky they didn't know what they were doing. ;)

Pirata.
02-11-2011, 11:59 PM

:speakles: Is that why they don't play together anymore :eek:

I saw them going out for dinner with Feli and Nico in Cincy last year (so many advantages of staying in the player hotel :drool:) so I hope there's no fight. They were all joking and laughing together, it didn't look like they were on bad terms then.

I hope David is just taking the week off to rest and will be okay to try and defend Acapulco.

Edda
02-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Rest well, Ferru!

Carol96
02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
from David's site he and JC are celebrating JC's birthday... hola to both of them!!

Edda
02-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Happy Birthday, J.C.! I knew that Ferru would be celebrating with him. They are such good friends. The Spanish players have a special friendship. I think that is why I like them so much, especially David, Juan Carlos and Rafa.

Ad Wim
02-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Exhausted? David? Impossible! He had two weeks off after the AO, so that's a strange reason.
Not convinced that he will play Acapulco. No sense going to 1 clay court tournament and then go back to HC, right?

But let's hope it's nothing serious and it was just precaution that he didn't play BA. He could have only gained points if he made the final anyway.
Acapulco is more important, hope he plays!

Carol96
02-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh yes, David will be back...

Ja,David kommt zurück am besten..

Fuerza David!!

nalbyfan
02-18-2011, 11:50 AM
He'll play DC with Nadal, Verdasco and Lopez (see l'Equipe)

Edda
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
How exciting! I can't wait!