Winter Indoor Season 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Winter Indoor Season 2011

soulage
01-29-2011, 01:31 PM
It's time for the small winter indoor season. Arno's schedule should be Zagreb, Quimper, Marseille, off or QDubai and then why not Cherbourg.

He starts in Zagreb vs Kukushkin, i saw him play last year and it's a good baseliner in a good day he hits a lot of winners. He won his first title in indoor last year in moscow or St peterburg :confused: Well a good indoor player. He plays doubles with Kas again a new partner :lol: he wrote on his facebook that he worked on his forward game and the volley and that his sensations was quite good so there not great :lol:

Fat Camel
01-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I live in StPetersburg, saw his game alive.
He is ok at all shots, i didnt's see the weakest link in his game, but i hope Arnaud will find it, this is an opponent, whom he can beat.

Via
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
a guy who won in st petersburg doesn't sound like a guy he can beat :lol: but good luck!

Fat Camel
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Arnaud plays doubles tomorrow against two big german guys Mayer and Berrer.
Not good, that his single match is on Wednesday:( No time for rest if he win...

soulage
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Arnaud plays doubles tomorrow against two big german guys Mayer and Berrer.
Not good, that his single match is on Wednesday:( No time for rest if he win...
If he wins one match we would be already happy no time to think to the next one :lol: Tough match in doubles, Berrer and Mayer are big servers 3 germans and one french on the court he will feel alone :lol: Good luck to the little french guy :)

Fat Camel
01-31-2011, 06:52 PM
If he wins one match we would be already happy no time to think to the next one :lol: Tough match in doubles, Berrer and Mayer are big servers 3 germans and one french on the court he will feel alone :lol: Good luck to the little french guy :)

Yeah, you are right, i am always too optimistic about Arnaud:)

Fat Camel
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
But every year there is some big weeks for Arnaud in singles;)
2010 - Auckland and almost second week of USOpen
2009 - Fantastic finish of the season with great victiries over Tsonga, Haas.
2008 - Wimbledon
2007 - Grass season before Wimbledon (i had so much hope for Wim, when i saw that Arnaud plays with a qualifier, my reaction was like - Not Nico...not Nico...and he got him. Anyway, he won in doubles, so no regret)
So even if Clement is not in a good mood, suddenly anytime he can make a hot streak:worship:

Fat Camel
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
They won 6:4;3:6;10-6!!:clap2:

So Arnaud plays against Kukushkun the second match of the day on Court 1.

soulage
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Good for doubles :) Well court 1 tomorrow means no streaming but doesn't matter i have a meeting at that time :lol: It will be tough but good luck to him :)

Via
02-01-2011, 11:15 PM
the guy can play doubles :cool:

but we cannot predict when he'll get hot again in singles so i'm not looking beyond one match either.

Fat Camel
02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
the guy can play doubles :cool:

but we cannot predict when he'll get hot again in singles so i'm not looking beyond one match either.

That's the main point: we cannot predict. Arnaud can get hot in winter, in summer, in autumn, always in different time. So i hope that something good will happen before each tournament:rolleyes:

Fat Camel
02-02-2011, 01:06 PM
He won 6:4; 6:3!!!:clap2:

But that wasn't easy at all! He was winning 5:2 with two breaks but was rebroken once and had big problems serving for the match.
After 0-1 in the second set he faced 4 break-points, bu saved them all. Then Kukushkin had 0-40 but it was his turn to disappoint Arnaud. I thought Arnaud could be tired but after this game he got some rest, won his own serve giving no points to Mikhail, no problems after:worship:

Gasquet tomorrow. Arnaud leads 3-1, but it was in 2006, 2007. Good luck to Arnaud in singles, in doubles...in everything:)

Kezzi
02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
He won 6:4; 6:3!!!:clap2:

Good luck to Arnaud in singles, in doubles...in everything:)
:woohoo:

:yeah: Allez!

Kezzi
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Arnaud on Facebook:

C'est toujours bon pour le moral une victoire comme aujourd'hui ! Même si je n'ai pas été assez régulier, il y a eu de bons passages notamment en phases offensives. Il faudra donc que je sois plus constant demain contre Ritchy (Richard Gasquet) car c'est un adversaire d'un tout autre calibre. Je tiens à vous remercier pour vos encouragements ! Arnaud

soulage
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
yes a win :D and thank you Fat Camel for your report :) It looks it has been a bit lucky according the stats he was not amazing on serve :devil: but a win is a win even badly. He posted again on his facebook saying it was an average match he was not regular but some good moments in offensive passages. He says he will need to be more constant vs Ritchy and he thanks us for cheering him :D

C'est toujours bon pour le moral une victoire comme aujourd'hui ! Même si je n'ai pas été assez régulier, il y a eu de bons passages notamment en phases offensives. Il faudra donc que je sois plus constant demain contre Ritchy (Richard Gasquet) car c'est un adversaire d'un tout autre calibre. Je tiens à vous remercier pour vos encouragements ! » Arnaud

Fat Camel
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Tomorrow at about 2 Arnaud plays on Center Court! Yes, that means streaming!:)

And he plays doubles "After suitable rest". They care about his old body:angel:

Ad Wim
02-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Wow, didn't expect this one. Kukushkin was on fire indoors end of last season. Gasquet isn't unbeatable either...

Fat Camel
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Guys, what happened to Arnaud??
He even didn't start the game!!:eek: :sad:

"Fourth seed Richard Gasquet advanced to the quarter-finals after fellow Frenchman Arnaud Clement pulled out with a shoulder injury before their match."
Noooooooooo......Poor Clement :sad:

Kezzi
02-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I also don't know. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hopefully it's not too bad. :sad: Guess we're causing him bad luck, last time when we went to Marseille, he was injured as well. :awww:

Fat Camel
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Hope everything's ok and he'll play in Quimper...
It started so well, win in singles, win in doubles:(

soulage
02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
The old body calls him back :sad: He wrote news on his facebook

« J'ai malheureusement été contraint de déclarer forfait aujourd'hui en raison d'une inflammation à l'épaule qui s'est réveillée. La douleur est trop vive pour que je puisse défendre mes chances. Prendre le risque d'aggraver la situation n'est pas une bonne chose non plus ! Je vois le médecin demain pour en savoir plus. Je vous tiens informé... » Arnaud

His shoulder pain wake up and he was not able to play without risks. He will see the doctor tomorrow. This shoulder is really a big problem since last year but even with pain he was playing it's rare to see him give a WO :eek: It must be quite serious this time and i think he will not take risk for Quimper as he surely wants be ready for Marseille. The shoulder for a tennisman that sounds very bad :sad:

He doesn't enter Dubai Qualies so some chances for Cherbourg. Well now we have to wait about the injury.

Via
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
an injury is worse than a loss. i hardly remember him ever forfeit a match either. at least now we have facebook to find out more :worship:

(but can we have something other than 'like' a news item? how can we 'like' the injury? 10 people like his injury so far :rolleyes:)

soulage
02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't remember his last WO his single either :confused:

He just withdraw from Quimper that was quite expected let's see if he will be able to play Marseille where he's not in the MD. If there is more than an inflammation that would be tough for him.

Fat Camel
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I checked all his playing activity, if i didnt't miss anything, it's his first W\O!
And same about retirements, almost zero, i found one in Basel in 2003 vs Nalbandian.

Kezzi
02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
His first?! In all those years?! WOW! :worship:

Marine
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM
On FB:
« Les nouvelles sont plutôt rassurantes ! Je dois faire des soins dans les jours qui viennent pour chasser l'inflammation. Malheureusement, je suis contraint de déclarer forfait pour le tournoi de Quimper à mon grand regret ! J'aurai beaucoup aimé faire ce séjour en Bretagne... Je reste cependant optimiste pour Marseille la semaine suivante ! »

News are rather reassuring. He has a treatment for the next days, so he can't play in Quimper.
He's still positive about marseille next week.

ps: he made me laugh about quimper. He's disapointed not to play in bretagne ! oh really ?? lol (he must have been"contaminated" by nolwenn's new album ! :lol:)

soulage
02-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Well doesn't sound so good :confused: I hope for him he will be ok for Marseille and for Kezzi too if you still go there. Yesterday in lequipe he said it was an inflammation acromio-claviculaire and that he ver had so much pain in the shoulder :sad:

Via
02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
he better plays marseille for kezzi, fans here seldom get disappointed not seeing him in tournaments that he commits to. (though higherlaw did one year when the us summer was screwed)

Kezzi
02-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Ahhh, thanks guys! :hug:
I hope he'll play, but it seems we only bring him bad luck when it comes to Marseille :sad: Last time we went there he was also injured and took off to Paris. :awww: Saw Llodra today, he said bonjour to me when he walked past our group, but I didn't want to ask him about Arnaud. He already thinks we only come for him, so now he knows that's not true, cause Arnaud isn't here. :p So I'm not mentioning Arnaud to him, I'm not there just for Arnaud, so he shouldn't think that. :lol: Especially since he plays with Zimonjic ;)
But if Arnaud is optimistic about Marseille, so am I. :)

soulage
02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
No news about the shoulder but he entered Cherbourg in three weeks.

Fat Camel
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
So as i read here the thread about Marseille, he is IN even without a WC, so now everything depends on his shoulder.

soulage
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM
It gives him extra time without playing qualies he can start tuesday let's hope the shoulder is ok and he won't withdraw :angel: and let's hope a good draw :lol:
The good news for Kezzi is that for the moment Gilles and arno are still in :angel:

Fat Camel
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
It gives him extra time without playing qualies he can start tuesday let's hope the shoulder is ok and he won't withdraw :angel: and let's hope a good draw :lol:
The good news for Kezzi is that for the moment Gilles and arno are still in :angel:

Yeah, hope that's not that tournament, where he will finally get the evil draw :devil:
Good luck to Arnaud, TOP - 100 miss him very much ;)

Fat Camel
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Reprise en douceur aujourd'hui, cela va beaucoup mieux déjà ! Je privilégie cependant le physique et le travail au niveau des jambes et des appuis pour reposer encore un peu l'épaule... »

This is from Arnaud's facebook. I'm not very good at French, but "cela va beaucoup mieux deja" - that definitely means he feels much better! :D And, as i understood, he will work on other physik components for his shoulder to rest.
Waiting for a better translator:wavey:

soulage
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
You are great in French :rocker2: he says exactly what you have understood. he only restarted the training today :eek: that things are better but he prefers to work the physic and his legs to rest his shoulder.

It sounds that if it hasn't been Marseille he would have withdraw. He surely doesn't held the racket since Zagreb so we can't expect too much of his tennis there :devil: . Well he doesn't take a WC so why not try and see :angel: Boris is in the US and Ramos starts only the 21th i assume Bruno is helping him :)

Kezzi
02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
It's indeed good news. The most important is that Arnaud is still in though. I saw Gilles a few times last week and even if I didn't see his match, I would prefer he rests if something is bothering him. We all know how it went with the knee, missing him for 1-2 weeks isn't so bad as half a year. :)

Via
02-12-2011, 05:43 AM
he should want to play in front of his 'home crowd' more than anything, or any one of us :lol:

is it possible that his serve given the condition of the shoulder, will be even worse than on other occasions :devil:

maybe the right arm is slowly disintegrating (shoulder over-compensating for the elbow and so on) :awww:

Fat Camel
02-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Good news - qualifier in the first round!:)
Nevermind Berdych in the second, if he pass the first, it'll be very nice!

Fat Camel
02-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Edouard Roger-Vasselin is his opponent. He has 1-2 record with him in challengers, but the only one on hard last year in Cherbourg Clement won!
So looks like a good opportunity, good luck Arnaud:)

soulage
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
All the match vs ERV have been tough like last year in Cherbourg. ERV seems in good shape and often do well in Marseille he was the only one ta take a set to Mika last year. It won't be easy for our old guy as usual indeed :lol: The good thing would be already to play without pain. He doesn't play tomorrow even in doubles they really give him extra time :).

Fat Camel
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
All the match vs ERV have been tough like last year in Cherbourg. ERV seems in good shape and often do well in Marseille he was the only one ta take a set to Mika last year. It won't be easy for our old guy as usual indeed :lol: The good thing would be already to play without pain. He doesn't play tomorrow even in doubles they really give him extra time :).

But there are almost no not tough opponents, so Roger-Vasselin sounds nice between the others;)

Via
02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
But there are almost no not tough opponents, so Roger-Vasselin sounds nice between the others;)

i have to agree, he can't ask for more :)

on the other hand, roger-vasselin can't ask for any better than getting arno either :lol:

Fat Camel
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Tomorrow plays on center court at about 13.30!
I don't like the thing his doubles match is only 2 games later...on the same old center court.:confused:

Fat Camel
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
It was a very poor match....All he had was a 1st serve, un all other cases he lost everything he could. It was somrthing in the 1st set, but after...Shoulder :( :sad:

Via
02-16-2011, 01:55 PM
he even had a first serve ???

:eek:

Fat Camel
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
he even had a first serve ???

:eek:

Yeah! I don't know how but he had 7 aces and won 81% of poinys on his first serve!! :eek:
And it's very good news that he can serve.

Ad Wim
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Why the hell is he playing doubles now? He is injured, right?

soulage
02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
It was a very poor match....All he had was a 1st serve, un all other cases he lost everything he could. It was somrthing in the 1st set, but after...Shoulder :( :sad:
A bit expected no training a shoulder pain no miracle :lol:

His audio interview http://www.open13.fr/interviews.html the title is it's one of my last Open 13 :sad: I will come back later to do a summary.

Why the hell is he playing doubles now? He is injured, right?

It's Open 13 special for him and he's old he prefers playing injured than no more. They won in doubles :D

soulage
02-16-2011, 05:55 PM
So a little summary he knows that he was not at his best but he loves so much this tournament that he tried especially because it's one of his last open 13. Even if today things go wrong in his game and he didn't take big pleasure on court he was happy to see his family and friends. He has no goals in the ranking and try to be ready for his main goal like GS. If he can live few great moments in the year it would do again his year. He hopes his shoulder will go better there is a little worry but it's a start of an inflammation if it last long he would have to find solutions with doctors but it's normal the body is tired with age. He still have the desire to play.

Fat Camel
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
He has no goals in the ranking and try to be ready for his main goal like GS. If he can live few great moments in the year it would do again his year.

But if he wants to play GS, he needs to be in TOP 100 (except RG, where he can always get WC).

And about the desire to play i can just say::woohoo:
Thank you, soulage!

Via
02-17-2011, 12:00 AM
:awww: every year can be the last

i wonder how kezzi went??

Fat Camel
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Tomorrow they are first on the center court (12.00) vs another french team - Roger-Vasselin and Paire! Good luck, guys!

And Arnaud finally got his place on the main page of my computer:)

Fat Camel
02-18-2011, 02:28 PM
They won 6:3;6:2!!:)
In the second set they won all the points on serve, even on Arnaud's:D

Next are another Frenches, but more tough, of course - Benneteau and Tsonga! Maybe the dispute between Clement and Benneteau, who'll play DC doubles vs Austria.

Fat Camel
02-19-2011, 04:10 PM
« C'était mieux aujourd'hui ! Plus réactif sur les jambes, mais encore du pain sur la planche ! Sinon le double était solide, comme mon partenaire ! Je suis content que l'on poursuivre notre chemin en double dans ce tournoi qui me tient particulièrement à coeur ! »

He says, that he feels much better, his legs are more reactive, but there is still pain in (i don't know the main word of all this note - what is planche maybe shoulder?). His and Mahut's play were very solid! He is very glad that he still continues playing here, because this tournament is in his heart! (i'm not sure in my translation, but some kind of this)

They are playing in some minutes. I'll watch, i hope.

Fat Camel
02-19-2011, 05:27 PM
3:6;4:6.

I hate these types of matches...Arnaud and Nicolas had 0 of 8 realisation of bp, and Tsonga\Benneteau 2 of 3. They didn't use their chances in the first game of the match (0-40), in the last game of the match (15-40) and in some other 2 games. And no streaming, even on centre court:(

Lesliem
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
« C'était mieux aujourd'hui ! Plus réactif sur les jambes, mais encore du pain sur la planche ! Sinon le double était solide, comme mon partenaire ! Je suis content que l'on poursuivre notre chemin en double dans ce tournoi qui me tient particulièrement à coeur ! »

He says, that he feels much better, his legs are more reactive, but there is still pain in (i don't know the main word of all this note - what is planche maybe shoulder?). His and Mahut's play were very solid! He is very glad that he still continues playing here, because this tournament is in his heart! (i'm not sure in my translation, but some kind of this)

They are playing in some minutes. I'll watch, i hope.

Your french knowledge is impressive :)

"Avoir du pain sur la planche" is a french expression. It means in the context that he still has a lot of work to do to improve his level. A lot of training is to come ! In my english dictionnary they translate this by "We've got a lot to do" or "we've got a lot on our plate" ;). He doesn't talk about pain.

Fat Camel
02-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Your french knowledge is impressive :)

"Avoir du pain sur la planche" is a french expression. It means in the context that he still has a lot of work to do to improve his level. A lot of training is to come ! In my english dictionnary they translate this by "We've got a lot to do" or "we've got a lot on our plate" ;). He doesn't talk about pain.

Thank you!
I just read "pain" - and forgot it's not English. I suppose it's bread on French:)

soulage
02-19-2011, 06:18 PM
3:6;4:6.I hate these types of matches...Arnaud and Nicolas had 0 of 8 realisation of bp, and Tsonga\Benneteau 2 of 3. They didn't use their chances in the first game of the match (0-40), in the last game of the match (15-40) and in some other 2 games. And no streaming, even on centre court:(
poor stats indeed :o But doubles with No Ad rule is a lucky story sometimes. Pity for Arno and Nico :sad: It's 2 years now he didn't won a double title either. His doubles ranking also sucks while he's better in that discipline than many others good ranked guys :mad:

Now it will be challenger with Cherbourg next

Kezzi
02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
I would make the same mistake. ;) But sometimes I do notice quite a few of French words which are written the same in English, just pronounced differently. :)

We have a similar expression in Dutch, it's not to express that there's a lot to do, but that you have to work to get 'bread on the table'. So in other words make money to take care of your family. :)

Too bad about the match today, I also hated it that there wasn't a stream. I saw their first round and I just love them as a team. :D

Via
02-20-2011, 01:48 AM
thanks for the news and reports :worship: (and french lesson)

i guess he still doesn't see himself as a doubles player, hence not a lot of effort to raise his ranking. but we see that as his chance to play on longer. is he ever going to see this?

soulage
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
his last message on facebook

« Bonjour à tous, j'ai repris l'entrainement plus poussé avec beaucoup de frappes et l'épaule tient bien le coup pour le moment ! C'est rassurant et cela va me permettre d'être vraiment bien préparé pour le Challenger de Cherbourg la semaine prochaine. En ce qui concerne la selection de l'équipe de france de Coupe Davis, je suis forcément déçu de ne pas avoir été retenu, mais je respecte le choix de Guy bien sur ! »

He's training and the shoulder is ok for the moment.

Fat Camel
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
He was in semifinal last year - 33 points to defend.

From one side he wants to play DC, but from the other he can lose a lot of positions and it will be very hard to battle them back during the clay season:(

Good luck to Arnaud and his shiulder!!

Fat Camel
02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
The Cherbourg draw is published!
Arnaud is third seed, german SE Seifert in the first round (lost in Wolfsburg semifinal today). Robert may be in the second, have no idea about quaters, but i think Dimitrov in semifinal.

Hope he'll finally win some matches in a row this season;)

soulage
02-26-2011, 08:36 PM
The german guy is a nobody :confused: but it seems he played the tournament of his carrer in Wolfsburg with this semi coming from qualies and beating guys like Andi Beck. For Arno it would be a bad loss considering the bad ranking of that guy. Well we'll see now we can't do any plan for our veteran :lol:

Via
02-27-2011, 12:40 AM
he needs to be injury free, then he can think about winning against the 'nobodies' :lol:

if he does reach the semi-final, it would be cause for our celebration :)

soulage
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
He doesn't play before wednesday and didn't enter doubles. Maybe he asked to start late ?

Fat Camel
02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
He doesn't play before wednesday and didn't enter doubles. Maybe he asked to start late ?

This season he started on Wednesday in a lot of tournaments!
But maybe you're right.

Fat Camel
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
4-6 6-7...2 hours of the pain to my nervous system...:sad:
He didn't realise his chances...:( Almost all the double faults came in the decisive points, in the same momets Seifert put aces. Don't want to write anything more now...

soulage
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
4-6 6-7...2 hours of the pain to my nervous system...:sad:
He didn't realise his chances...:( Almost all the double faults came in the decisive points. Don't want to write anything more now...
I just see that he had an early break in the second set and had 2 set points at 5-4 15-40 in the second. I didn't follow so i can't give more informations than you did. Well really poor loss the kind of loss who must put you down :help:. I found strange he didn't play doubles it would have help him to play matches maybe a pain which could explain this serves stats :unsure:. Now indoors is ended and he will play two outdoors hardcourt tournament with Le Gosier and Miami qualies.

It's tough to be a veteran and always losing :p. In a way it's good to continue if he has still the desire but i'm' not sure an all season like past weeks especially with pains would be the most interesting for him and for us :lol: if at least he was playing doubles :angel:. Soon he will have a dramatic ranking in single :sad:

He's alt in Casablanca which surely means he will do the all clay season. It's not this who will help him to find an average form :devil:. Last year he was playing too much and now we have very few things to follow :awww:. loss in first round follows loss in first round.

Fat Camel
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I just see that he had an early break in the second set and had 2 set points at 5-4 15-40 in the second. I didn't follow so i can't give more informations than you did. Well really poor loss the kind of loss who must put you down :help:. I found strange he didn't play doubles it would have help him to play matches maybe a pain which could explain this serves stats :unsure:. Now indoors is ended and he will play two outdoors hardcourt tournament with Le Gosier and Miami qualies.

It's tough to be a veteran and always losing :p. In a way it's good to continue if he has still the desire but i'm' not sure an all season like past weeks especially with pains would be the most interesting for him and for us :lol: if at least he was playing doubles :angel:. Soon he will have a dramatic ranking in single :sad:

He's alt in Casablanca which surely means he will do the all clay season. It's not this who will help him to find an average form :devil:. Last year he was playing too much and now we have very few things to follow :awww:. loss in first round follows loss in first round.

Yeah, i forgot to say about 15-40.
He will fall to somewhere around 115 in the rankings, still close to TOP 100. But we can't make any wishes for clay season if he loses everything on hard:sad:
I hope this is still the consequences of shoulder injury and when he will be helthy..ok, i shoudln't say anything about future:devil:

Fat Camel
03-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Yeah, i forgot to say about 15-40.
He will fall to somewhere around 115 in the rankings, still close to TOP 100. But we can't make any wishes for clay season if he loses everything on hard:sad:
Le Gosier will be very tough, cause there will play losers fron IW, and i think no explanations needed for Miami:D
I hope this is still the consequences of shoulder injury and when he will be helthy..ok, i should not talk about future:devil:

soulage
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes he should be around 115-120 next week but he has points to defend from IW and Miami which should put him around 130#. Then clay he's not for him :lol: I don't know what he's not playing the challengers on harcourt instead of clay :confused:

He stopped 10 days because of his shoulder and what is sure is that he has not a normal serve and not a good game. If he still has a pain nothing good will happend if he's free pain he surely need time to find the rythm and confidence but i'm not sure losing and losing is an help. I hope he will post some news on facebook.

So we wait the grass season to hope betters days on that forum ? :lol:

Fat Camel
03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
So we wait the grass season to hope betters days on that forum ? :lol:

I hope for this and at the same tine still want the other root to follow:)
I think, he wants to be 100% ready for RG, that's why plays a lot of tournaments on clay.

soulage
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
yes but he plays the all season on clay since many times and only won one match since 2005 in RG :devil: I mean he wants to play RG even if it would need a WC but he could play only few tournaments on clay because two month is too much for him :lol: The grass and the indoors are the best surface for him so harcourt would be more logical.

soulage
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Poor boy today he was sick he has a flu :sad: http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/dma_une_-Challenger-de-Cherbourg-Arnaud-Clement-elimine-au-premier-tour_44096-1713007-fils_filDMA.Htm

That's why he play on wednesday i think he's not lucky. They write he was slow without energy. When things goes wrong all go wrong.

Fat Camel
03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Poor boy today he was sick he has a flu :sad: http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/dma_une_-Challenger-de-Cherbourg-Arnaud-Clement-elimine-au-premier-tour_44096-1713007-fils_filDMA.Htm

That's why he play on wednesday i think he's not lucky. They write he was slow without energy. When things goes wrong all go wrong.

Oh know...:sad: At least there is an explanation...No pain, not poor form, but stupid illness.:devil:
Waiting to read Arnaud's comments on facebook.

Marine
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Poor boy yes, but I prefer that, it puts me at ease !!!

Le Gosier will be a lovely break after cherbourg and the flu ! :)

Via
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM

i'd rather he's sick too, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have other problems still lingering :sobbing:

i hardly remember arno being sick, or retiring in a match. this year really every thing goes wrong!

soulage
03-03-2011, 05:34 AM
he spend two days in his bed. he deceived http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuLocale_-Tennis-Arnaud-Clement-malade-quitte-deja-le-tournoi-_40751-1713272------50129-aud_actu.Htm

Challenger de Cherbourg. Le Français, physiquement vidé par une grippe, n'a été que l'ombre de lui-même face à un joueur Allemand classé au-delà de la 1000e place mondiale il y a 8 jours. Heureusement, il reste Dimitrov.

L'analyse
Arnaud Clément était-il au niveau hier soir à Cherbourg ?

NON. « On se voit après le match... si je tiens encore debout. » Il fallait sans doute voir un signe dans cette petite phrase. Malade, le Français n'a été que l'ombre de lui-même. Lent, incapable de bouger ses jambes, de se dégager sur la balle... Dans ce qui a été le plus mauvais match du Challenger depuis le début de la semaine, Arnaud Clément s'est incliné contre un joueur classé au-delà de la 1000e place mondiale il y a encore 8 jours. Alors certes, Stefan Seifert reste sur une demi-finale au Challenger de Wolfsburg. Cela lui a d'ailleurs fait gagner 422 places à l'ATP. Mais sans ce résultat qui a offert une entrée dans le tableau final de Cherbourg, pas sûr que l'Allemand, au niveau de jeu pas forcément flamboyant, aurait passé les qualifs... « Je n'avais pas d'énergie, physiquement, j'étais vidé, concède Clément. Une grippe, c'est crevant pour l'organisme. Si ça avait été un tournoi à l'étranger, je ne me serai pas déplacé. C'est pour ça que j'ai demandé à jouer seulement le mercredi. Avant, ça n'aurait pas été possible. J'ai passé deux jours au lit. »

Déçu, Clément l'était forcément mais en salle de presse, le teint blanc, ila surtout affiché un certain fatalisme. « J'ai donné le maximum avec mes petits moyens. Et malgré ça, je peux presque m'en sortir au deuxième set. Alors c'est un peu triste de partir là-dessus. Je n'aime pas ça. A Marseille, je n'avais pas pu défendre mes chances à cause de mon épaule. Ce n'est pas une bonne période. »

http://www.ouest-france.fr/of-photos/2011/03/03/sl_1584388_1_apx_470_.jpg