AO: What final match-up would you like to see most? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO: What final match-up would you like to see most?

Pipsy
01-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Personally I think Murray vs Djokovic would be a really interesting match-up as they haven't played each other for so long despite both being top 5 players continuously during that time.

For me, the worst final would be Pics vs Federer as Fed has an 11-0 record which would in all likelihood is a portent of a one-sided match.

Thoughts?

LleytonMonfils
01-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Djokovic Murray. Something different for a chance. A real opportunity for both and I think it would be a fun match up to watch.

Murray and Federer would be good too and I think Andy wold be up for the challenge. It'd be much sweeter beating Roger to get his 1st Grand Slam.

TMJordan
01-27-2011, 01:35 AM
The time has cometh for the MULE final. :worship:

Andresito
01-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Ok, this is insane, but...

I would like Federer to win, but the best final is Andy vs. Novak.

Yazoo.C
01-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Either Murray vs Federer or Murray vs Djokovic.

It would be amazing win for Murray if he beat Fed to win his 1st GS (but I 'm not holding out much hope). Murray vs Nole, I think if Murray loses that one it will hurt him a lot.

But I'd probably prefer to see a Murray vs Djokovic Final, they have never played each other in a GS before and it has been a while time since the last time they last played.

Chopin-lover
01-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Murray vs Federer

Jimnik
01-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Djokovic-Murray would be fascinating as a slam final to see who has the superior nerve on the biggest stage.

coonster14
01-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Murray vs. Djokovic for sure, it is about time that they:
1. Played each other again (haven't played since April 5, 2009)
2. Played each other in a grand slam

bobrocks
01-27-2011, 03:28 AM

I agrre 100%. I want Fed to win the tournament, but at the same time it seems a Murray/Djokovic GS final is inevitable. Why not now?

guga2120
01-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Before the tournament started the best final for tennis would be Andy/Novak. Hopefully that's what it is.

tests
01-27-2011, 03:54 AM
i want to see a fed/murray final. I wanna really know if murray has the balls to take it to fed.

Bagelicious
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM

I agrre 100%. I want Fed to win the tournament, but at the same time it seems a Murray/Djokovic GS final is inevitable. Why not now?

Count me in this camp. Sure, I'd love to see Fed win again, but I've seen him win 16 times, so... Murray-Djokovic would be really interesting to watch (hopefully).

Bagelicious
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
i want to see a fed/murray final. I wanna really know if murray has the balls to take it to fed.

He hasn't managed it in a major thus far...

Gandalf
01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I want Roger to win, so I voted for Federer/Ferrer; but I'd probably want to watch Federer/Murray or Djokovic/Murray more...

bayvalle
01-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Fed-Murray. It will drive more people to see the match live (in contrast to the Nadal-Djoko match last US Open which reportedly failed at the tills). Will the Scot get hold of a slam trophy for the first time? Will Fed be able to annex a 17th title, in which case will he shed another tear of joy again? AO needs the Swiss guy on Sunday to lend glamour to the occasion.

A Fed-Ferrer encounter would also be inviting - would Rafa be present in the box to see the match? Would Rafa rather cheer on Fed than on a countryman? Those things.

Bagelicious
01-27-2011, 08:34 AM
:lol: I know that if the final were Federer-Ferrer, everyone expects a walkover by Fed, but wouldn't it be hilarious if Ferrer somehow pulled off the upset?

tennis2tennis
01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I really wouldn't mind anyone so long as Ferrer doesn't get over awed at the idea of playing in a final!

Arkulari
01-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Roger vs Pics

Gladiator
01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Since Nadal is out, Murray vs. Djokovic final would be the best. Both players have been playing so well in the tourment. Also, we would love some change.

Murray absolutly in the favourite to reach the final, Fed/Djo have almost the same chance.

So, Go nole for the first ever MURRAY DJOKOVIC SLAM FINAL

Jimnik
01-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Looks like most of us will get our wish.

Surely MAndy won't screw up now.