Nadal's strength, his greatest weakness? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal's strength, his greatest weakness?

hasanahmad
01-26-2011, 03:38 PM
He plays with aggression and his never say die spirit and aggressiveness gives him the winning performance. Is it acceptable that this style of play also leads to injuries and niggles. I mean you look at federer who has a relaxed style of play which is opposite to Nadal. Would Federer have been prone to injuries just like Nadal if he played the same way? Is it acceptable that Federer will probably play till 35 while in the top 10 and Nadal will retire by the time he is 35

the cat
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
He plays with aggression and his never say die spirit and aggressiveness gives him the winning performance. Is it acceptable that this style of play also leads to injuries and niggles. I mean you look at federer who has a relaxed style of play which is opposite to Nadal. Would Federer have been prone to injuries just like Nadal if he played the same way? Is it acceptable that Federer will probably play till 35 while in the top 10 and Nadal will retire by the time he is 35Agreed. Rafa's punishing style of play is taking a toll on his body. I just hope Nadal can hold up a few more years and stay healthy so he can continue to play great tennis. But I do have my doubts about his health. :(

tests
01-27-2011, 06:10 AM
same old card, different day.
Last time people said nadal was finished, he won 3 straight slams.

I fully expect nadal to rebound from this and win a few more slams this year. I see him winning 13 slams when all is said and done.

careergrandslam
01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
rafas style of play is his strength and his weakness.

he lives by the sword and he dies by that same sword!

its the way he will always be, he wont ever change.

just gotta accept it and get on with life i guess. but its hard!

BlueSwan
01-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Not this again...

Nadal has NOT been injury-prone. How many tournaments have Nadal missed due to injury over the last 7 years? Half the tour have suffered far worse injuries than Nadal. Real injuries that have kept them out of the game for several months at a time. It's true that Nadal is less injured than Federer, but compared to the rest of the tour, Nadal can not be considered particularly injury prone.

It is far more likely that Nadal will fade by his late twenties due to his huge reliance on his impressive physique, than due to a career threatening injury.

mgasol
01-27-2011, 06:51 AM
rafas style of play is his strength and his weakness.

he lives by the sword and he dies by that same sword!

its the way he will always be, he wont ever change.

just gotta accept it and get on with life i guess. but its hard!

its hard to be a dulltard :awww: