Is it just me? Dolgopolov's Movement [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is it just me? Dolgopolov's Movement

Mountaindewslave
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
or is Dolgopolov's movement (when he's focused at least) absolutely amazing? I swear how he moved last night against Murray, probably the most enjoyable player to watch thus far this Australian Open, he really flys around that court

Sri
01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I liked his play. Good to watch. Movement is good, so is the variety. And its nice to watch somebody place, change pace and use angles instead of bashing it all day.

He needs to improve shot selection and consistency though. Should come with experience.

tkr
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not just you! A thrill to watch a young player that is not a ball basher...

Haelfix
01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Dolgo has great movement. It actually reminds me of a younger Federer in that he has the same gracefulness and light feet (actually kind of a combo between Hewitt and Fed). It looks like he's skipping across the court at times and his acceleration is pretty amazing.

Stensland
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
definitely great stuff. i love his overflowing exuberance when he hustles around the court like a maniac. reminds me of the innocent 06 version of baghdatis, full of joy and ready to take on whoever comes their way. hopefully he can keep it up.

ApproachShot
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes he has very good movement, but also great anticipation. These, combined with speed make him as effective as he is. I do think there is a downside though - namely it appeared to me that he was rushing through some of his points. Much of this boils down to shot selection and consistency; as Sri said, I expect these to be refined with more experience.

Roger the Dodger
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Dolgo has great movement. It actually reminds me of a younger Federer in that he has the same gracefulness and light feet (actually kind of a combo between Hewitt and Fed). It looks like he's skipping across the court at times and his acceleration is pretty amazing.

His movement is great. However I was more impressed by how he kept changing the tempo of the match and was more interested to control the points (even with Murray). That's the mark of a player interested in enlarging his repertoire. Also, great angles; one shot was almost Nalby-like in execution.

The Magician
01-26-2011, 08:07 PM
This is shaping up to be a great bandwagon :worship: Dolgo ran into Clownga who tanked and Soderling who is terrible on this surface, and while it's impressive he kept it together mentally to beat these guys he's far from a consistent top 20 player and the next GOAT :rolleyes:

ballbasher101
01-26-2011, 11:06 PM
He moves well and has got a lot of shots in his cabinet but that is not good enough if he can't do it week in week out. I hope he kicks on from here and not look back.

Macbrother
01-26-2011, 11:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching him, lightning fast around the court with explosiveness off the forehand.

thehotstuff66
01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I like his movement as well and he does remind me of a young federer. let's hope he can have at least some of fed's success if he stays motivated.

Rafa#Uno:-)
01-27-2011, 08:36 AM
no the guy moves great

shank
01-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Dolgopolov is my new favorite player to watch. Wawrinka is good to watch too.

philosophicalarf
01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
His mother was a gymnast, won gold at Euros once. Something of that in his build I think.