Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

Silvester
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Quick question..I'm planning a trip to Europe this June, it just happens to be during the two weeks of Wimbledon so I was going to try and make it to London for a day or two and attend a few matches.

I was looking online for tickets, and it said you have to fill out a Ballot before December to even try and get a ticket.

Is there any other way? I also read theres 500/day available I think at a ticket office on the grounds but those must sell out fast in the morning? anyone have experience with going to WImbledon?

ApproachShot
01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, if you queue early enough in the morning then you can get tickets to the show courts - otherwise just a ground pass with access to outside courts is still absolutely worth it!

TheBoiledEgg
01-26-2011, 03:05 PM
500 a day are for each show court. There's about 6000 tickets in total per day, most are ground passes.
For a ground pass you should be ok queuing up around 6am.
And overnight for a show court ticket.

MIKETM732
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I submitted my paperwork for tickets this year for the first time through the public ballot system. Did anyone receive their ticket notifications yet? I'm not sure if I didn't luck out or if I just haven't received it yet here in the US.

Thanks.

Sinerra
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I havent heard anything either yet. Do they also send something if you dont get any tickets?

Sombrerero loco
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
i´m going 5 days!:D

_A_
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes, if you queue early enough in the morning then you can get tickets to the show courts - otherwise just a ground pass with access to outside courts is still absolutely worth it!

sorry, but what is early enough? day before or early morning like 6-7 am?

ibreak4coffee
05-20-2011, 05:45 PM
sorry, but what is early enough? day before or early morning like 6-7 am?

I queued a couple of times at 8am and got inside with a ground pass no problem. This was on a weekday though - I'm sure on weekends 6am might be a better choice

_A_
05-20-2011, 06:28 PM
I queued a couple of times at 8am and got inside with a ground pass no problem. This was on a weekday though - I'm sure on weekends 6am might be a better choice

and do you have experience with central/1/2/3 court?

Agrajag
05-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Is there any way to buy ground passes online? I would love to see some early round action...

wtdanceisthrough
06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
You can't buy ground tickets online, you can only buy them on the day of play. "The Queue" is a tradition at Wimbledon and has been for decades... I've got there at 8am or so before and still managed to get into the grounds before start of play.

This year, I will be going probably on every single day from days 2-11 (i.e. not the first day or the finals days) and queueing up for ground tickets, then hoping for some good resale tickets (£5 show court tickets sold inside the ground after 3pm)

Agrajag
06-02-2011, 10:01 AM
You can't buy ground tickets online, you can only buy them on the day of play. "The Queue" is a tradition at Wimbledon and has been for decades... I've got there at 8am or so before and still managed to get into the grounds before start of play.

This year, I will be going probably on every single day from days 2-11 (i.e. not the first day or the finals days) and queueing up for ground tickets, then hoping for some good resale tickets (£5 show court tickets sold inside the ground after 3pm)

Thank you.

ibreak4coffee
06-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Has anyone had prior experience queuing the first Saturday of the Championships? I'm fine with just getting a grounds pass, but are there more people in the queue because its a weekend or not as many as you'd think since the majority of matches on outer courts are doubles?