Last Grand slam Nadal lost where he clearly wasnt injured? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Last Grand slam Nadal lost where he clearly wasnt injured?

sexybeast
01-26-2011, 10:59 AM
All Grand slams I can remember Nadal lost because he was injured or extremly fatigued:

2011 AO Nadal fights with one leg against Ferrer
2010 AO Nadal retires against Murray with injury
2009 UO Nadal clearly was destroyed by Del Potro because he was injured
2009 RG Nadal obviously lost to Soderling with an injury
2008 UO Nadal was extremly fatigued against Murray because of the olympics and the schedule
2008 AO I am not sure here is the injury excuse was used when Nadal was destroyed by Tsonga, do you remember what was the reaston Nadal lost this match?
2007 UO Nadal was supposed to once again be injured against Ferrer in R4
2007 Wimbledon Nadal was tired by the schedule and rains, unfair schedule gave Federer this victory (despite Djokovic retiring in the SF against Nadal after 1 hour)
2007 AO Gonzalez destroys an injured Nadal, remember this one really well
2006 UO Youzhny defeated an injured Nadal...

Here is the one I clearly remember Nadal losing without any injury excuses:

2006 Wimbledon Federer fairly defeats an unexperienced Nadal

In which matches Nadal was clearly injured?

I would say I could clearly see Nadal was injured:
2011 AO
2010 AO (only the 3rd set, Murray would destroy him anyway)
2009 RG

Maybe 2007 Australian open he was tired after 5 sets against Murray but Gonzalez would still destroy Nadal the way he was playing in that tournament.

FairWeatherFan
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Stunning coincidence that Nadal is always injured/tired when he loses.

philosophicalarf
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Aus 2010.

green25814
01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Getting injured is part of tennis. It doesn't excuse losses. If you can't stay healthy its a detriment to you as a player. Same if you're 'tired'.

Arakasi
He was injured in all of them. Obviously. :rolleyes:

Surcouf
Wimbledon 2007

Arkulari
01-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Kick the guy when he's down... :o

swebright
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Earlier losses = he was outplayed. I don't think he looked injured when Gonzo beat him. But he seems clearly injured during AO 2010, 2011. 2009 RG = not look injured.

Polikarpov
01-26-2011, 11:07 AM
He's always injured or fatigued when he loses. Whether grand slam or a MM tournament. We all know that he's unbeatable when he's healthy.

Kiedis
01-26-2011, 11:09 AM
US Open 2008.
At the beginning:

What's about your knees?
"I am fine," Nadal said. "I feel very well physically."
http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ssf/2008/09/us_open_nadals_knees_no_longer.html

Murray defeated Nadal
"It's part of the game, no? He play better than me and he beat me. I had my chances. If you remember I had 3-1, love-30, no? So I had a big chance in that moment of the match.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/usopen/2707880/New-York-laments-Rafael-Nadals-US-Open-exit-Tennis.html

Australian Open 2008
Rafa is defeated by Tsonga

"We have to accept today he played unbelievable," Nadal said. "Playing the ball very hard every time, serving unbelievable. In the backhand he didn't miss not one. Forehand, every time he does the forehand was a winner, so congratulate him. That's it."
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2008-01-24/l.php

Good profit, hata!

Nadull_tard
01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I thought we have a collective agreement that healthy Nadull is unbeatable.

Raiden
01-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I remember one of the excuses of all Nadaltards for objecting that Roger was hampered by Mono was that he didn't retire.

Well well well, here we are: Nadal didn't retire either >>> ergo Nadal is healthy!

One thing is for shoo: Nad was by his own admission 100% healthy when he beat Cilic in straight sets (he said so in his presser after the match)

Lleyton_
01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Never.

doomsday
01-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Blablablablablabla:rolleyes:

jcreback
01-26-2011, 11:19 AM
It has never happened in history.

tennis2tennis
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I remember one of the excuses of all Nadaltards for objecting that Roger was hampered by Mono was that he didn't retire.

Well well well, here we are: Nadal didn't retire either >>> ergo Nadal is healthy!

:worship::worship::worship:

EXACTLY...

it's funny when nadalturds get kicked by their own logic!! :smoke:

nanoman
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Rafael Nadal is born injured. Shows what a warrior he is, winning 9 Slams already despite being injured.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
nadal wasn't injured at rg 09. Soderling was unplayable until he choked in the final

Rafa fans can't accept defeat and if fed wins the ao peace will return to mtf once again lol

The Magician
01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
All Grand slams I can remember Nadal lost because he was injured or extremly fatigued:

2011 AO Nadal fights with one leg against Ferrer
2010 AO Nadal retires against Murray with injury
2009 UO Nadal clearly was destroyed by Del Potro because he was injured
2009 RG Nadal obviously lost to Soderling with an injury
2008 UO Nadal was extremly fatigued against Murray because of the olympics and the schedule
2008 AO I am not sure here is the injury excuse was used when Nadal was destroyed by Tsonga, do you remember what was the reaston Nadal lost this match?
2007 UO Nadal was supposed to once again be injured against Ferrer in R4
2007 Wimbledon Nadal was tired by the schedule and rains, unfair schedule gave Federer this victory (despite Djokovic retiring in the SF against Nadal after 1 hour)
2007 AO Gonzalez destroys an injured Nadal, remember this one really well
2006 UO Youzhny defeated an injured Nadal...

Here is the one I clearly remember Nadal losing without any injury excuses:

2006 Wimbledon Federer fairly defeats an unexperienced Nadal

In which matches Nadal was clearly injured?

I would say I could clearly see Nadal was injured:
2011 AO
2010 AO (only the 3rd set, Murray would destroy him anyway)
2009 RG

Maybe 2007 Australian open he was tired after 5 sets against Murray but Gonzalez would still destroy Nadal the way he was playing in that tournament.

:haha:

Great parody thread :yeah:

Jaz
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Great thread.

Nadaltard logic failure imminent. Irrationality incoming! Brace for impact...

manadrainer
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I thought we have a collective agreement that healthy Nadull is unbeatable.

This.

Nadal loses only if he is tired/sick/injured. Everybody knows that, come on!

TheBoiledEgg
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
today

Andi-M
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Never.

TheRafaelNadal
01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
He's never lost when he wasn't injured paart from the first time he went to wimbledon final.

Malul
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Nadal gets injured when he feels he can´t win..

Roger the Dodger
01-26-2011, 12:48 PM
I believe he didn't make any excuses for the Tsonga match. Credit to him. In fact he actually said Tsonga played at an unbelievable level, but that's not his daily level of play. He was right there. Tsonga = only AO surprise finalist 08.

Apemant
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Everytime he lost, he was injured, because it's physically impossible for a heathy Nadal to lose any match on any surface. In fact, most of the matches at GS that he WON - he also won whilst being injured. Because he's such a Spartan, that normal injuries can't really stop him. Only what other players would consider a life-threatening injury, could make Nadal lose or retire from a match.

That's just the way things are, deal with it. :angel:

Apemant
01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Kick the guy when he's down... :o

Come on, Nadal doesn't read these boards. All those poisonous stings aren't really aimed at Nadal personally - if you think for a second, I'm quite sure you can realize that yourself. :devil:

Chartreuse
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Uso 2008.

Johnny Groove
01-26-2011, 12:53 PM
The way I see it, injuries are a part of the game and Ferrer's win was 100% legit.

It is Nadal's own fault that he is injured all the time. Why continue to play Doha when feeling shitty? Why schedule Bangkok 2 weeks after winning the USO? Yes, his scheduling is getting better, but like his game, needs to be continually improved.

tennizen
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
He probably was injured in a few of them genuinely but in general I think he overdoes it. I don't know when to trust him and when not to so I decided not to trust him in this aspect. Doesn't make him any less of a player but I need a couple of days to get over the annoyance each time it happens.

Apemant
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
He probably was injured in a few of them genuinely but in general I think he overdoes it. I don't know when to trust him and when not to so I decided not to trust him in this aspect. Doesn't make him any less of a player but I need a couple of days to get over the annoyance each time it happens.

Curiously enough, I don't actually mind it - from him. It's hard to be on top and deal with the expectations of millions of fans. I sometimes have trouble dealing with the expectations of only one man - i.e. myself. :haha:

Roger the Dodger
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM

True. Nadal's real charm is in his honesty and that's missing these days. But I won't be too harsh on him. Injuries are his Achilles' heel. This could well be the reason why he'll not have a career exceeding thirty. But that's also his style. That's the way the legend won 9 slams. Its a job hazard he'll have to live with.

SaFed2005
01-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Umm everyon single one of his losses since the start of his career was dur to injury, sickness or fatigue, no?

Nadal does not ever get outplayed unless he is injured, sick or fatigued PERIOD

TheRafaelNadal
01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
nadal wasn't injured at rg 09. Soderling was unplayable until he choked in the final

Rafa fans can't accept defeat and if fed wins the ao peace will return to mtf once again lol

This is such obvious BS as Nadal made Soderling look like an amateur in the 2010 final even though Soderling was consistent on Clay for two years running.

swisht4u
01-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Whatever the reason, he may have lost anyway.

Then there's Murray that would run him ragged like before, nothing's changed here.

Winning slams is no piece of cake and even getting to the finals is very difficult.

This is the reality of the situation and nothing will change it.

puppy555
01-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Should have waited a few days before making this thread ... all Nadaltards are still in their beds crying :o

hasanahmad
01-26-2011, 03:36 PM
You look at federer who relies on his shots and playing style to win, then you look at Nadal and look at his shots and playing style to win.

If federer had aggressive play of Nadal, he would have been injury prone as well.

It is Nadal's style of play which allows him to win and it is because of that style of play that he succumbs to injury and loses.

This is why Federer will probably be in the top 5 when he is 35 and Nadal will have retired by the time he is 35

Zagor
01-26-2011, 03:55 PM
2008 AO against Tsonga I guess?

Chartreuse
01-26-2011, 03:58 PM
2008 AO against Tsonga I guess?

He wasn't injured at USO 2008, just very tired and exhausted...

swisht4u
01-26-2011, 04:07 PM
You look at federer who relies on his shots and playing style to win, then you look at Nadal and look at his shots and playing style to win.

If federer had aggressive play of Nadal, he would have been injury prone as well.

It is Nadal's style of play which allows him to win and it is because of that style of play that he succumbs to injury and loses.

This is why Federer will probably be in the top 5 when he is 35 and Nadal will have retired by the time he is 35

There's a lot of good procedures to handle problems these days and it'll get better.
Nadal may have good seasons till he's thirty, if he does he should end up with 20 or so slams.
He'll adjust as time goes on, look at his game and you'll see constant adjustments, not only in play but scheduling.
I hope he stays for a long time to come, he's needed in the sport a great deal by fans of all players.

GSMnadal
01-26-2011, 04:16 PM
US Open 2008, being tired is no injury and no excuse. Murray was just better/fitter that day, normally Nadal wins a lot of matches because of his fitness. That day he was on the receiving end of it, and was beaten fair and square.

HDW
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I thought he was in good nick at USO 09, no?

Shade
01-26-2011, 04:39 PM
2010 Australian Open. He didn't sustain the injury until he was already two sets and a break down, he would've lost that match to Murray even if his knee didn't blow out.

rocketassist
01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
US Open 2008, being tired is no injury and no excuse. Murray was just better/fitter that day, normally Nadal wins a lot of matches because of his fitness. That day he was on the receiving end of it, and was beaten fair and square.

He wasn't even that tired in that match. Towards the end of day two he was getting pounded left to right and scrambling all over the shop, unsurprisingly when you're on the defensive for a lot of a match you're going to feel the miles you're running.

He had three days of rest after beating Mardy Fish, whilst Murray had come through a bone-crushing clash with Del Potro.

Anyone who makes excuses for that SF is fucking dumb.

Raiden
01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought he was in good nick at USO 09, no?That abdominal nonsense was the biggest fakery that Nadal ever came up with.

Even if all the other injuries were genuine the abdominal one was a 100% Rafa (or more likely Toni) concoction. All you have to do to verify that is look at the matches (not a fcukin 10 minute youtube clip but the full matches that he played.

Basically he cakewalked and cruised past the early opposition and then bumped into red hot Delpo's stunning forehands and got trashed 6-2 6-2 6-2. End of story

sexybeast
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I dont understand the whole issue with fatigue, is Nadal not a little too young to be so easily tired?

It is not like if he even played a 5 setter before the encounter with Murray in usopen, also I dont get it how he could be tired against Federer in the master cup when Federer had just played 24 matches the latest 5-6 weeks while Nadal had been on vaccation all this time and we are comparing a 29 year old to a 24 year old we are talking about.

If something really frustates me it is excuses after excuses everytime a player is blown away from the court by an opponent playing better tennis, like Murray did to Nadal twice on hardcourt grand slams. I hear in this site alot of reference to sparta, can you imagine spartans losing a battle because they are tired? Would they have the nerve to say to their generals that they dont feel like fighting because they are tired and not 100%? Because it was such a long walk to the battleground? Because they had a battle the other day that was exhausting?

Ok, this whole sparta thing is quite silly to even mention, but still Nadal has 2 contradicting auras around him:

1)He is a fighter that never gives up, that loves long battles and enjoys tearing down opponents, a stoic that will fight in any circumstance and ignore pain to achieve great things

2)He often gets exhausted, he often is teared down by long matches, he often shakes his head and looks up to his coach when he feels he is not 100%, he cries about the season beeing to long, vaccations beeing to short, he cant do the best of the situation when he physicaly is not 100%, you just need to watch his face to know he is not physicaly perfect.

I see a contradiction here, I remember old guys without Nadal's talent like Costa and Muster who would play 5 set matches back to back and they would strive for those moments, they sometimes were limping on the court but still had the fire in their eyes to do the best of the situation. Muster would even practice when he couldnt walk on a wheelchair, I think Nadal got things to easy for him to be the fighter some people claim him to be, he is a little bit too much dependent on his coach and he really seems to have problems hiding his physical problems from his opponents but seems to want to make it impossible for anyone watching to not understand that he is having problems with his health.

Certinfy
01-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Never. :rolleyes:

dombrfc
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
FitRafa has never lost, duh!

Acer
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Poor poor glass-made Rafa :sad:

Ichiban1920
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Nadull hasn't been clearly injured at all, just an easy excuse for his losses. Every grand slam loss he has been properly roasted fair and square.

Clydey
01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Aus 2010.

He was 2 sets down. He was going to lose either way.

Not buying all the injury nonsense, especially the ones that are purely speculative.

shiaben
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
You have to give credit to the opponents that are consistent and exploit his injury. Regardless of the matches he was injured or not, he played in some of them and still managed to defeat opponents without them knowing he was injured. Some players like Ferrer, Del Potro, Soderling, etc. were able to exploit him and crush him without the knowledge of injury. More inconsistent players are likely to tank the matches and bend over to him without realizing that his slow movements may be because of injury, not that he's conserving energy...

I think the the last real loss he had where he wasn't injured was either the Sodeerling match (I'm not 100% sure if he was injured in this one, it is really hard to tell because Soderling was killing the ball left and right out of any human's reach). But I think the real match where he was beaten at his best without injuries, was the U.S. Open 2008 against Andy Murray. Both men were moving great, I didn't see signs of walking or refusing to reach for the ball. He would even run up at the net.

The U.S. Open 2008 was his IMHO last "real" loss where he had no signs of injury etc. The Soderling one is questionable given that Soderling has always had the ability to take sets from him.

shiaben
01-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I dont understand the whole issue with fatigue, is Nadal not a little too young to be so easily tired?

It is not like if he even played a 5 setter before the encounter with Murray in usopen, also I dont get it how he could be tired against Federer in the master cup when Federer had just played 24 matches the latest 5-6 weeks while Nadal had been on vaccation all this time and we are comparing a 29 year old to a 24 year old we are talking about.

If something really frustates me it is excuses after excuses everytime a player is blown away from the court by an opponent playing better tennis, like Murray did to Nadal twice on hardcourt grand slams. I hear in this site alot of reference to sparta, can you imagine spartans losing a battle because they are tired? Would they have the nerve to say to their generals that they dont feel like fighting because they are tired and not 100%? Because it was such a long walk to the battleground? Because they had a battle the other day that was exhausting?

Ok, this whole sparta thing is quite silly to even mention, but still Nadal has 2 contradicting auras around him:

1)He is a fighter that never gives up, that loves long battles and enjoys tearing down opponents, a stoic that will fight in any circumstance and ignore pain to achieve great things

2)He often gets exhausted, he often is teared down by long matches, he often shakes his head and looks up to his coach when he feels he is not 100%, he cries about the season beeing to long, vaccations beeing to short, he cant do the best of the situation when he physicaly is not 100%, you just need to watch his face to know he is not physicaly perfect.

I see a contradiction here, I remember old guys without Nadal's talent like Costa and Muster who would play 5 set matches back to back and they would strive for those moments, they sometimes were limping on the court but still had the fire in their eyes to do the best of the situation. Muster would even practice when he couldnt walk on a wheelchair, I think Nadal got things to easy for him to be the fighter some people claim him to be, he is a little bit too much dependent on his coach and he really seems to have problems hiding his physical problems from his opponents but seems to want to make it impossible for anyone watching to not understand that he is having problems with his health.

Nadal comes from a heavy sporting family. His uncle was a professional defender for the Spanish NT and the legendary FC Barcelona. His tennis uncle isn't a bad football player either but for some reason never went that route. Given his family background, Nadal played in football and tennis during his youth (like Federer and many professionals in tennis and football i.e. Forlan who could have been a professional tennis player). I'm assuming he played sports 247 as a youth, much more intense than Federer and other young athletes of their respective youth.

GSMnadal
01-26-2011, 05:46 PM
He wasn't even that tired in that match. Towards the end of day two he was getting pounded left to right and scrambling all over the shop, unsurprisingly when you're on the defensive for a lot of a match you're going to feel the miles you're running.

He had three days of rest after beating Mardy Fish, whilst Murray had come through a bone-crushing clash with Del Potro.

Anyone who makes excuses for that SF is fucking dumb.

I think the 'tired excuse' had more to do with a long, gruweling season and was more a long-term issue, rather than a short-term one due to playing a long match in an earlier round. Still not a legit excuse though, because guess what, long-term stamina is part of the game.

Luinir
01-26-2011, 05:48 PM
USO 2008 to Murray.

Blackbriar
01-26-2011, 06:15 PM
maybe Nadal faked an injury today to escape the gruesome year scheduling made by this money-monger of Tony. Rafael is too dependent of this arse.
The guy is a slaver with his nephew, seriously, when Nadal will be in a wheelchair, he will throw him like a kleenex and make money with another nephew.

Orka_n
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Pathetic. Adapting your schedule and training in order to not get injured is a part of the game. Therefore, excuses like "tired" and "injured" are just pointless since it's Nadal's own fault if he can't give 100% in a match.

HDW
01-26-2011, 08:47 PM
That abdominal nonsense was the biggest fakery that Nadal ever came up with.

Even if all the other injuries were genuine the abdominal one was a 100% Rafa (or more likely Toni) concoction. All you have to do to verify that is look at the matches (not a fcukin 10 minute youtube clip but the full matches that he played.

Basically he cakewalked and cruised past the early opposition and then bumped into red hot Delpo's stunning forehands and got trashed 6-2 6-2 6-2. End of story

Spot on, but nadull tards would agree otherwise.

GhostUnholy
01-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Rafa's physical style of play is the biggest reason for his injuries, without which he wouldn't win as much, so its pointless to discuss what a healthy Rafa could achieve. There's guys like this in every sport, who are physical and dominant when healthy, but for whom the very things that make them successful cause them to be injury prone. Same thing goes for Rafa's scheduling in the past, sure you can argue that he should have taken lighter schedules, but he needed to play a lot of tournaments and a lot of matches because personally thats the way he maintains his form and rhythm. He may not have been as successful, especially in the stage when he was still adapting to surfaces other than clay, had he not played such full schedules.

careergrandslam
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
i have had it upto my eyeballs about rafa and his injuries.

enough already.

he lost. thats what matters.

its getting ridiculous.

luie
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Wimby 09. When you are injured you don't play a tourny end of story.
Every single one of nadull GS defeats have come because the opponent was better on that day.
Whatever the reason,they were better able to prepare their bodies for the battle.
The notion of a 24 year old player always being injured is appalling & disrespectfull to the sport & honor among competitors.

ballbasher101
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I do hate it when players self pity. I doubt Nadal's injury was severe. It is his mindset that was the problem. An injured player would not have been moving as well as Nadal was doing.