Do you want a rematch of the US Open 2010 Final?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you want a rematch of the US Open 2010 Final??

shiaben
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM
How many of you guys here want to see Nadal and Djokovic advance into the finals given their amazing form?? Nadal seems to be carrying some of that form he had from the U.S. Open series, while Djokovic really has taken his form to the next level.

Would an Australian Open Final with Nadal and Djokovic become more meaningful than if Murray or Federer were to advance??

Murray is still improving and looks to play more aggressively. I expect him to be more aggressive on the forehand this year. But his form isn't comparable to Nadal/Djokovic from my point of view at least.

Federer on the other hand, although he's an amazing competitor, seems to be beatable this year, more so than the U.S. Open. He was vulnerable to losing sets as we've seen earlier in this tournament. More important than fatigue, lost sets etc. etc.

What I found to be the biggest liability in Federer, is his backhand. Djokovic and Nadal are capable of exploiting it to spray out errors. So I think if Federer were to defeat Djokovic, he'd have a hard time against Nadal's current form. Nadal is much more aggressive in the past.

If you look at Nadal in 2009 and compare it to the end of 2010/beginning of 2011, you will see that Nadal has looked to terminate rallies ASAP. He realizes the consequences of getting into such heavy rallies.

So I think against Federer, he would torture that backhand unless Federer can run around it with his forehand and have a high backhand %.

So what do you think, for the sake of tennis, would Nadal/Djokovic bring a greater level of tennis and competition for the final?? Would it make the final less 1 sided given both of their ultimate forms??

Thoughts and responses?

I also think if Djokovic can withstand the heat, he definitely has a chance at defeating Nadal. At the USO, he broke him a few times, but his stamina/endurance wasn't enough to stay alive in the 4th set, Nadal eventually broke him once again.

SetSampras
01-25-2011, 09:54 PM
No.. I would much prefer a Murray-Djokovic final.. Something fresh and new. Djokovic can't beat Nadal at a slam much less a slam final anyways. Djoker can beat Fed at slam judging by Fed's level these days, but won't beat a prime, Mentally tough Nadal who can smell a championship one match away

dombrfc
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Yawn Yawn

solowyn
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I think it would go EXACTLY like we saw at the USO final, tbh. Considering that the USO was only a few months ago, I'd rather see any other matchup.

shiaben
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm fine with that as well. My only fear is that what Nadal did to Djokovic at the USO last year, would be reminiscent of what potentially Djokovic could do to Murray at the Australian Open.

Then again, since this is a hypothetical first meeting, you never know if Murray could upset. Given Djokovic experience at the slams, I would pick him over Murray to win the final.

shiaben
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
I think it would go EXACTLY like we saw at the USO final, tbh. Considering that the USO was only a few months ago, I'd rather see any other matchup.

If that is the case the tennis world is looking very scary :(.

It would mean that Nadal is a monster, which might be the case.

Clydey
01-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm fine with that as well. My only fear is that what Nadal did to Djokovic at the USO last year, would be reminiscent of what potentially Djokovic could do to Murray at the Australian Open.

Then again, since this is a hypothetical first meeting, you never know if Murray could upset. Given Djokovic experience at the slams, I would pick him over Murray to win the final.

It wouldn't be an upset. I'm not sure which tournament you've been watching, but Murray's level is at least on a par with Nole's.

tests
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
If that is the case the tennis world is looking very scary :(.

It would mean that Nadal is a monster, which might be the case.

Lmfao, is this guy high?

I am pretty sure novak/murray have made the same amount of grand slam finals.

Nadal/fed would be the best match IF AND ONLY IF, federerror doesnt show up.

MalwareDie
01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
It wouldn't be an upset. I'm not sure which tournament you've been watching, but Murray's level is at least on a par with Nole's.

shiaben is a nut who thinks that Djokovic is more consistent than Agassi had been at the slams.

n8
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Lmfao, is this guy high?

I am pretty sure novak/murray have made the same amount of grand slam finals.

Nadal/fed would be the best match IF AND ONLY IF, federerror doesnt show up.

Djokovic has three slam finals (US 07, 10 and AO 08), Murray has two (US 08 and AO10).

GlennMirnyi
01-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Never. Again. Please.

peribsen
01-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I'd like Nadal to reach the finals and win them... but... I'll admit it would be lovely to see a Murray-Djokovic final at last. Unlikely though, Fed probably will make it.

Ibracadabra
01-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Novak wins in 3 izi sets

Mr. Oracle
01-25-2011, 11:08 PM

How so?

Nadal - Form slighly below USO form, recovering from illness??
Joker - Better form than at USO, lower UE's, killer serve much better than USO, mentally tougher.

Why do you say EXACTLY?

bigBOSS
01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't like another match where some pussy bends over for nadull. So, answer is NO.

Pirata.
01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Dear god no.

If Federer doesn't make the final, I'd much rather have Nole vs Murray.

Mr. Oracle
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't like another match where some pussy bends over for nadull. So, answer is NO.

It's interesting that you notice homoerotic images when men play tennis. Personally I don't remember anyone bending over. How often do you stare at mens' asses there guy? Noticed you like the phallic like symbol of the gun too brokeback "bigboss" man !!

Jaz
01-25-2011, 11:28 PM
No we do not, the result would also be the same.

tests
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I'd like Nadal to reach the finals and win them... but... I'll admit it would be lovely to see a Murray-Djokovic final at last. Unlikely though, Fed probably will make it.

if you wud love nadal to reach the finals and win it, then pray federer is on the other side.

Nole fan
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Good thread shiaben, don't listen to the trolls. :yeah:

I would prefer a Djoko-Murray final though, and I think both have been playing at an equal level which has been very dominating against their opponents. One step above Nadal and Federer for sure.
If I can't have Murray there, then Nadal would do and this time Nole would beat him. :shrug:

MIMIC
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Good Lord no.

LinkMage
01-25-2011, 11:41 PM
What for?

To watch Nolito bending over yet again on a surface he's far superior to the pig?

allpro
01-25-2011, 11:47 PM
1. nadal vs. fed
2. nole vs. murray
3. fed vs. murray
4. nadal vs. nole

KarlyM
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Don't care. I just want a good match where both players "show up" and aren't overly nervous. ;)

rofe
01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
No way. It was painful to watch Novak surrendering like that on arguably his favorite surface. I want Fed vs Nadal this time with Fed winning but I am equally excited about an Andy-Novak final. About time they stepped up to the plate.

shiaben
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
1. nadal vs. fed
2. nole vs. murray
3. fed vs. murray
4. nadal vs. nole

Seems from what the users are saying that this is the exact order of preference I guess for the final of the AO. Based on this preference, it seems that an overwhelming majority want to avoid option #4, given that they think the same result will occur. Interesting to see.....

shiaben
01-26-2011, 12:43 AM

I would prefer a Djoko-Murray final though, and I think both have been playing at an equal level which has been very dominating against their opponents. One step above Nadal and Federer for sure.
If I can't have Murray there, then Nadal would do and this time Nole would beat him. :shrug:

Thanks.

The chances of that happening are pretty likely I'd say. Given from what we have here:

Federer hasn't been playing like Jesus Fed, nor has he been playing his better tennis in this tournament, at least compared to the U.S. Open of last year. Djokovic has made significant improvement since the U.S. Open. The demolition of Berdych was a testament to that. So with that said, Djokovic definitely has a chance to defeat him.

On the other end of the spectrum. There are questions raised whether or not Nadal will be able to contain Murray. From what we've seen so far, when it comes to hard court, Murray has an edge over Nadal. He's defeated him 2x (last year AO, and U.S. Open 2008), and lost to him 1x (5 set match at an old AO 2007). Not to mention if Nadal still has a little sign of sickness it may help Murray slow him down a bit, and make the match MUCH easier than expected.

The Year End's tournament had both men playing their best tennis with Nadal barely coming out on top. So with that said Murray can definitely upset if he's mentally stable.

And in that case a possible Djokovic/Murray scenario. If this option #2 happens, I'm picking Djokovic to come out on top, probably 4 sets given that he hasn't had experience against Murray in slams.

Arakasi
01-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Of the potential match ups left, Nadal-Djokovic is the one I would least like to see. By some distance.

shiaben
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
It seems me and less than a handful of the guys on MTF have some faith in Djokovic actually possibly taking that match to 5 sets or at least upsetting Nadal, hehe. My prediction before the tournament began was a Murray/Federer final with Murray coming out on top in 4 sets. However, I'm not sure what the likelihood of this final is given that Nadal isn't an easy customer and Djokovic's current form is going to be a mountain full for Federer's match coming up.

ApproachShot
01-26-2011, 12:52 AM
I would ideally like a rematch of the 2009 AO final. Nadal stopped Federer from winning 4 slams in a row twice. It is only fitting that Federer is the last man between Nadal and his 4th Grand Slam victory in succession.

TMJordan
01-26-2011, 12:53 AM
No.

I think it's time for a MULE final.

paseo
01-26-2011, 12:55 AM
No. Despite the match-up disadvantage, Fed gives more fight against Nadal than Djokovic. Djokovic, who technically suppose to have an advantage against Nadal, has a bigger mental block than Fed. So, please no.

Naina
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Ohhh Please Yes Yes Yes :p

Art&Soul
01-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Nah, I want Federer Murray final

Nole fan
01-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Djokovic vs Murray :banana:

It's becoming a reality. Finally. The Gods are listening. :yeah:

jenanun
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
It will be interesting to see Murray vs Djokovic in a Slam final and it is very possible this year... and I am really looking forward to this one....

somehow I have a feeling that it will be Nadal vs Federer again, and someone is going to cry..... (not a bitter one, but a happy one..)

nadal_slam_king
01-26-2011, 01:52 AM
It'd be funny if Laver was at the trophy ceremony.

bayvalle
01-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Yeah. But Nadal-Fed would be better box office-wise. Note the many empty seats at the stadium during the Nadal-Djoko US Open match. It was not because of the rain delay, many people simply looked away.

cheriamor
01-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Djokovic vs Murray :banana:

It's becoming a reality. Finally. The Gods are listening. :yeah:

+1 Nolandy final FTW! :D

abraxas21
01-26-2011, 03:36 AM
djokovic can't beat nadull at a slam

come to think of it, i don't think olderer can do it either.

better to have nadull lose before the final then

Henry Chinaski
01-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Murray d Federer pls

GSMnadal
01-26-2011, 04:27 AM
I don't care who Nadal will beat in the final. As long as he's in it and beats the guy on the opposite side of the net I'm happy.

nadal_slam_king
01-26-2011, 04:33 AM
I prefer that Federer makes the Final rather than Djokovic, most definitely.

tests
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
imo although fed chokes vs nadal, i think he has the best chance to beat nadal. He actually plays nadal tough, its just the bigger points, he chokes. Chokovic did not challenge nadall all that much in the USO FINal. This is where chokervic was supposed to have a huge advantage too.

I mean, fucking fed played nadal tougher in the 2007 FO than chokovic did nadal in uso final

DrJules
01-26-2011, 06:39 AM
How many of you guys here want to see Nadal and Djokovic advance into the finals given their amazing form?? Nadal seems to be carrying some of that form he had from the U.S. Open series, while Djokovic really has taken his form to the next level.

Would an Australian Open Final with Nadal and Djokovic become more meaningful than if Murray or Federer were to advance??

Murray is still improving and looks to play more aggressively. I expect him to be more aggressive on the forehand this year. But his form isn't comparable to Nadal/Djokovic from my point of view at least.

Federer on the other hand, although he's an amazing competitor, seems to be beatable this year, more so than the U.S. Open. He was vulnerable to losing sets as we've seen earlier in this tournament. More important than fatigue, lost sets etc. etc.

What I found to be the biggest liability in Federer, is his backhand. Djokovic and Nadal are capable of exploiting it to spray out errors. So I think if Federer were to defeat Djokovic, he'd have a hard time against Nadal's current form. Nadal is much more aggressive in the past.

If you look at Nadal in 2009 and compare it to the end of 2010/beginning of 2011, you will see that Nadal has looked to terminate rallies ASAP. He realizes the consequences of getting into such heavy rallies.

So I think against Federer, he would torture that backhand unless Federer can run around it with his forehand and have a high backhand %.

So what do you think, for the sake of tennis, would Nadal/Djokovic bring a greater level of tennis and competition for the final?? Would it make the final less 1 sided given both of their ultimate forms??

Thoughts and responses?

I also think if Djokovic can withstand the heat, he definitely has a chance at defeating Nadal. At the USO, he broke him a few times, but his stamina/endurance wasn't enough to stay alive in the 4th set, Nadal eventually broke him once again.

This tournament the form of Nadal has been the least impressive of the 4 so far. Possibly owing to his health. He seemed to look healthier and did play better against Cilic, but his unforced error count has been high.

If Nadal is fully fit and finds his form I think he is clear favourite to win this event and Federer/Djokovic playing for runner up spot again.

MarsCapricorn
01-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Murray - Djokovic could be a great final as well.

DrJules
01-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Murray - Djokovic could be a great final as well.

Could easily see Murray playing his "final" beating Nadal in semi-final and then failing to do it all over again in final. Last year Murray against Cilic and Federer did not reproduce the form of the Nadal quarter final.

Start da Game
01-26-2011, 07:03 AM
nothing better than spartan taking down federina........but i am not sure about the winner of the djoko-fed semis.......

GhostUnholy
01-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Even as a Nadal fan, I'd be curious to see a Djokovic-Murray final. I hope that's how it turns out, just for the sake of seeing something new

born_on_clay
01-26-2011, 07:41 AM
No, I want Fedal

nadal_slam_king
01-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Even though Federer is a better player than Djokovic, we saw Djokovic at the US Open Final converting 3 of 4 breakpoints and saving his own serve 20 of 26 times, and serving high 67%, so in that sense Djokovic could be more dangerous in the Final for Rafa because he probably will be clutch.

bokehlicious
01-26-2011, 08:25 AM

:lol: :hug:

only interesting final would be Fed-Murray...

green25814
01-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Nole has the game to beat Nadal at a hardcourt slam, but I don't think he believes he can do it. Thus I don't want to see the match.

Wouldn't want Fed/Murray for similar reasons.

Vida
01-26-2011, 09:31 AM
djoko would beat nadal here.

rafa doesnt seem so convincing.

Nole fan
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Well, it's not happening. :wavey:
I guess it's Nole vs Andy after all. :rocker2:

rocketassist
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Well, it's not happening. :wavey:
I guess it's Nole vs Andy after all. :rocker2: