Fernando Verdasco has spent 84 weeks inside the ATP Top 10. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fernando Verdasco has spent 84 weeks inside the ATP Top 10.

FlameOn
01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Almost consecutively. Now that is something. :bowdown:

You rock, Mugdasco. :devil:

FairWeatherFan
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
What a pathetic era it is when this no-talent ballbasher can achieve such a result.

The Magician
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
If someone had to choose a stat to how this is a mug era that would definitely be up near the top of the list :o

Pirao666
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
But I thought this guy was mug, right haters? I hope he stays this year in the top 10 again, just to see them whine and moan :lol:

Montego
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
At least 82 weeks too long.

Kolya
01-24-2011, 09:37 AM
His dad must be very proud.

Pirata.
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
:bowdown:

Yves.
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Actually pretty good :yeah:

cheriamor
01-24-2011, 09:43 AM
:D Good for Nando... I hope it continues, but if he has to get surgery then that will be a no go.:sad:

puppy555
01-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Anyone have the respective stat for Fedal/Joker/Murray?

ApproachShot
01-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone have the respective stat for Fedal/Joker/Murray?

If my calculations are correct, then in the week after the conclusion of the Australian Open, the following players will have been in the top 10 for the number of weeks as shown below:

Federer - 434 weeks consecutively, 442 weeks in total
Nadal - 302 weeks consecutively and in total
Djokovic - 203 weeks consecutively and in total
Murray - 135 weeks, 146 weeks in total

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Melzer in the top 10, Fiasco spending 84 weeks inside the top 10...

How many more indications do we need?

tennishero
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Melzer in the top 10, Fiasco spending 84 weeks inside the top 10...

How many more indications do we need?

as opposed to who in previous era?

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
as opposed to who in previous era?

Shouldn't you try to provide examples, not me?

Winston's Human
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
I have Verdasco at 93 weeks (to January 30, 2011).

By my calculations, that puts him behind the following active players:
Roger Federer 443 weeks
Andy Roddick 424 weeks
Rafael Nadal 301 weeks
Lleyton Hewitt 277 weeks
Nikolay Davydenko 268 weeks
David Nalbandian 232 weeks
Novak Djokovic 202 weeks
Juan Carlos Ferrero 175 weeks
Andy Murray 147 weeks
James Blake 133 weeks
Juan Martin Del Potro 101 weeks

Winston's Human
01-24-2011, 02:50 PM

Some former players with similar weeks in the top 10:

Brad Gilbert 107 weeks
Pat Cash 105 weeks
Anders Jarryd 102 weeks
Wayne Ferreira 97 weeks
Tim Mayotte 91 weeks
Todd Martin 89 weeks
Joakim Nystrom 88 weeks
Greg Rusedski 84 weeks
Gaston Gaudio 84 weeks

Some current players with similar weeks in the top 10:

Fernando Gonzalez 89 weeks
Tommy Robredo 85 weeks
Ivan Ljubicic 84 weeks
Tommy Haas 83 weeks
David Ferrer 82 weeks

FormerRafaFan
01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
:D Good for Nando... I hope it continues, but if he has to get surgery then that will be a no go.:sad:

Better he has the surgery and lose the ranking. It's better to catch up after the surgery than continuing playing like this for years to come. Then he will be out of the top 10 for sure, and probably won't be able to come back. At least the surgery makes it possible for him to return, and play as well as we all know he can do!

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM

Brad Gilbert 107 weeks
Pat Cash 105 weeks
Anders Jarryd 102 weeks
Wayne Ferreira 97 weeks
Tim Mayotte 91 weeks
Todd Martin 89 weeks
Joakim Nystrom 88 weeks
Greg Rusedski 84 weeks
Gaston Gaudio 84 weeks

Tommy Robredo 85 weeks
Ivan Ljubicic 84 weeks
Tommy Haas 83 weeks
David Ferrer 82 weeks

How dare you compare Cash, Ferreira and Gaudio to Fiasco? :o

Certinfy
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Great :worship:

tennishero
01-24-2011, 04:03 PM
How dare you compare Cash, Ferreira and Gaudio to Fiasco? :o

gaudio was a great player back then but too inconsistent and hardly any better than fiasco.

believe it or not, this is the strongest era yet, players will keep improving as tennis becomes more accessible and competitive.

Pirao666
01-24-2011, 04:25 PM

No, it's better that you provide the examples, if nothing else we'll have a good laugh at your expense :worship:

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 05:03 PM
gaudio was a great player back then but too inconsistent and hardly any better than fiasco.

believe it or not, this is the strongest era yet, players will keep improving as tennis becomes more accessible and competitive.

Gaudio >>>>> Fiasco.

If you can't see that, you probably started watching tennis in 2009.

This is the weakest era ever.

No, it's better that you provide the examples, if nothing else we'll have a good laugh at your expense :worship:

I don't need to provide examples to try to disprove my own points.

That would be Faflukel Nadull fangirls-like stupid.

propi
01-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Brad Gilbert 107 weeks
Pat Cash 105 weeks
Anders Jarryd 102 weeks
Wayne Ferreira 97 weeks
Tim Mayotte 91 weeks
Todd Martin 89 weeks
Joakim Nystrom 88 weeks
Greg Rusedski 84 weeks
Gaston Gaudio 84 weeks

Tommy Robredo 85 weeks
Ivan Ljubicic 84 weeks
Tommy Haas 83 weeks
David Ferrer 82 weeks
:yeah:

sexybeast
01-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Tommy Robredo 85 weeks

I like this era, but this is just bad...

I wanted to level it out by comparing with Clement and Schuettler in top 10 a decade ago, but they atleast made it to finals of grand slams.

Ouch. :o

Pipsy
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Brad Gilbert 107 weeks
Pat Cash 105 weeks
Anders Jarryd 102 weeks
Wayne Ferreira 97 weeks
Tim Mayotte 91 weeks
Todd Martin 89 weeks
Joakim Nystrom 88 weeks
Greg Rusedski 84 weeks
Gaston Gaudio 84 weeks

Tommy Robredo 85 weeks
Ivan Ljubicic 84 weeks
Tommy Haas 83 weeks
David Ferrer 82 weeks

To be fair, in the annals of history, Verdasco may well be compared to these players quite favourably. Maybe not Gaudio, Cash and Del Potro so much as they each have a slam, but I can't say that he's any less deserving than some of the others.

For other players that have made the top 10 and haven't maintained the same level as Verdasco, check out the links in my sig!

tennishero
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Gaudio >>>>> Fiasco.

If you can't see that, you probably started watching tennis in 2009.

This is the weakest era ever.

gaudio was a headcase, he's the better player at their best but on an average day on tour verdasco would win.

also my account dates back to 2008, nice try.

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 06:42 PM
gaudio was a headcase, he's the better player at their best but on an average day on tour verdasco would win.

also my account dates back to 2008, nice try.

Gaudio had more talent in his fingernails than Fiasco has in his whole body. :)

Everko
01-24-2011, 06:59 PM

:rolleyes: absurd

careergrandslam
01-24-2011, 07:07 PM

u know nothing about tennis do u?

clueless.

stick to soccer or beach volleyball.

Everko
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
u know nothing about tennis do u?

clueless.

stick to soccer or beach volleyball.

Exactly right. He's like the ignored kid in class who wants the teacher to pet him for funny comments.

mgasol
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Exactly right. He's like the ignored kid in class who wants the teacher to pet him for funny comments.

exactly :lol:

Hurley
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM

That's true. What people are actually asking you to do, however, is asking you to provide examples to try to support your (typically wearying) argument. Because without your (typically wearying) argument, no one would have to respond to you and the conversation would have moved on. Therefore, the onus is actually on you.

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 08:27 PM
That's true. What people are actually asking you to do, however, is asking you to provide examples to try to support your (typically wearying) argument. Because without your (typically wearying) argument, no one would have to respond to you and the conversation would have moved on. Therefore, the onus is actually on you.

Wrong. There's no consensus in this forum concerning the strength of this era. I'm sure 99% of real tennis fans agree this era is weak. It's up to the ones who somehow think it's strong to prove their theory right.

FlameOn
01-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Weak era argument is irrelevant, as Nando couldn't choose what year he was born/which era he plays in. He's making the most of it and has spent loads of weeks in the top 10. :rocker2:

Let's hope he spends many more :devil: in the top 10.

FormerRafaFan
I'm glad you posted this, to shut the haters up.

He's obviously a much better player than most people on here give him credit for. Sure, he's had a less than stellar last part of 2010 season, still, I have no doubt in my mind he'll bounce back. I know Fernando can play so much better than what he's shown lately. Hopefully he'll have the surgery and get back to playing like he used too!:yeah:

SetSampras
84 weeks? My god. HOW?? I forgot he was even around.. He hasn't done anything since the Australian Open 2 years ago

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Weak era argument is irrelevant, as Nando couldn't choose what year he was born/which era he plays in. He's making the most of it and has spent loads of weeks in the top 10. :rocker2:

Let's hope he spends many more :devil: in the top 10.

No it's not.

It's not about fault. It's about putting things in perspective.

FlameOn
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
84 weeks? My god. HOW?? I forgot he was even around.. He hasn't done anything since the Australian Open 2 years ago

I guess you missed the clay season last year.

sexybeast
01-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I guess you missed the clay season last year.

Yeah that Monte Carlo final was a true classic and then to follow up with a great Roland Garros, what else can you ask from future multiple Grand slam winner Verdasco?

SetSampras
01-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah that Monte Carlo final was a true classic and then to follow up with a great Roland Garros, what else can you ask from future multiple Grand slam winner Verdasco?

I don't remember Verdasco winning any clay court tournament last season.. Could someone care to enlighten me?

What has this guy WON exactly in the last 2 years.

FlameOn
01-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't remember Verdasco winning any clay court tournament last season.. Could someone care to enlighten me?

His clay results last year were:

He reached Monte Carlo F, Rome SF, and won Barcelona last year.

FormerRafaFan
01-24-2011, 11:31 PM

He won Barcelona, reached the final in Mote Carlo and the semi final of Rome, I think? Anyway, he had a VERY good clay season last year ;) Hopefully he'll have a good clay season this year too :)

MilosSs
01-25-2011, 02:02 AM
stop bitching around. if you don't like it then stop following tennis, it's simple as that.

now I see that people basically hate tennis... Nando is a great player, he is brain-less and shit, but his results show his true talent and value. so stop hatting, it's so pathetic.

Mimi
01-25-2011, 02:08 AM
Almost consecutively. Now that is something. :bowdown:

You rock, Mugdasco. :devil:

:lol::hug: happy for you

GlennMirnyi
01-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Pathetic, by definition, is a grown man defending a tennis player as if he were his little sister.

shiaben
01-25-2011, 02:12 AM
It is a shame that he started off the year's grand slam with a bow out to Berdych. We were expecting a possible 5 setter, but it seems that his blisters and feet problem were severe. Oh well, can't always get what you want. I think he works too hard. Needs space in between to avoid these things from happening or better shoes.

malisha
01-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Pathetic, by definition, is a grown man defending a tennis player as if he were his little sister.

true this

MilosSs
01-25-2011, 02:41 AM

you are the one who is totally pathetic. I personally don't even like Dasco, but that doesn't give me the right to bitch around like a little pussy about "weak era" and to discredit his achievements.

Smart-ass, if you can do better take the racquet into your hands, I would love to see you playing some tennis.

GlennMirnyi
01-25-2011, 02:44 AM
you are the one who is totally pathetic. I personally don't even like Dasco, but that doesn't give me the right to bitch around like a little pussy about "weak era" and to discredit his achievements.

Smart-ass, if you can do better take the racquet into your hands, I would love to see you playing some tennis.

I'm not a tennis pro, mate. I don't need to prove you anything. :lol:

Fiasco's achievements? Which ones?

For a top 10, his achievements are pathetic. And your defending of him, even more so.

MilosSs
01-25-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm not a tennis pro, mate. I don't need to prove you anything. :lol:

Fiasco's achievements? Which ones?

For a top 10, his achievements are pathetic. And your defending of him, even more so.

If you don't like him then stfu because no one wants to hear your disgraceful opinions towards any single player.

you must respect them all nevertheless of their good or bad achievements. they are pro athletes in the end.

And I see you constantly saying how weak this era is - then why don't you switch to cricket or something? I really can't understand you at all. Hating about tennis on a tennis forum. Oh dear irony.

GlennMirnyi
01-25-2011, 02:54 AM
If you don't like him then stfu because no one wants to hear your disgraceful opinions towards any single player.

you must respect them all nevertheless of their good or bad achievements. they are pro athletes in the end.

And I see you constantly saying how weak this era is - then why don't you switch to cricket or something? I really can't understand you at all. Hating about tennis on a tennis forum. Oh dear irony.

I don't need to have some kind of huge respect for athletes, mate. Get a grip and put life in perspective. They're just tennis players. They're not physicians, engineers, lawyers, etc. Their contribution to society is just about 0. Maybe it's time for you to grow up and learn what's really important in life.

If you don't like the truth, get out. Nobody's going to say what you want just to please you. This isn't your house and we're not your parents. :)

Next time counter arguments with arguments and not with ad hominem attacks and generalisations.

And keep it classy.

Love Game
01-25-2011, 03:02 AM
Very impressive. He's stayed there a lot longer than Wawrinka, Baghdatis and Gasquet.

Ibracadabra
01-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Mug era star this tabasco

Blackbriar
01-25-2011, 07:08 AM
another mug replaces him now.

TheBoiledEgg
01-25-2011, 07:30 AM
84 weeks too many

MarsCapricorn
01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Amazing player to watch!

Bargearse
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
And many more weeks in front of the mirror.

henke007
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
If you subtract Fiascos points leading up to FO he is out of the top 25:wavey:

FlameOn
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
If you subtract Fiascos points leading up to FO he is out of the top 25:wavey:
http://gabrielhummel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/haters-gonna-hate.gif

paseo
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't need to have some kind of huge respect for athletes, mate. Get a grip and put life in perspective. They're just tennis players. They're not physicians, engineers, lawyers, etc. Their contribution to society is just about 0. Maybe it's time for you to grow up and learn what's really important in life.

If you don't like the truth, get out. Nobody's going to say what you want just to please you. This isn't your house and we're not your parents. :)

Next time counter arguments with arguments and not with ad hominem attacks and generalisations.

And keep it classy.

This not true, IMO.

As sportsmen, they bring pride to the country they represent. They give inspiration with their commitment and hard work. And they provide dreams for kids with their achievements.

As entertainers, they give joy for people who watch them. They make good economic impact when they play in tournaments. Most tournaments are making a profit, good business for tv stations, hotels and restaurants, jobs for umpire and lines persons, etc.

But the most important thing that they contribute for society is,... wait for it,.... non other than our beloved MTF. Without these tennis players, we wouldn't be having so much fun here, would we?

I love MTF with its tards and trolls.:D

Forehander
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
This is just pure bull shit end of story.

ossie
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
This is just pure bull shit end of story.
+1