AO R4: N.Djokovic [3] crushes N.Almagro [14] 6-3 6-4 6-0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R4: N.Djokovic [3] crushes N.Almagro [14] 6-3 6-4 6-0

Gladiator
01-23-2011, 03:58 AM
Well done, Novak

First to the QF ;)

If he reaches the semis, he will trouble Fed

http://www.almeshaal.net/pics/Djokalmagr.jpg

Lopez
01-23-2011, 03:58 AM
Second set was quite evenly contested. Third set was a rout after Almagro never recovered mentally from Djokovic saving break points in his first service game.

Nole looking good. When was the last time he didn't make at least the QF of a Slam? RG 2009?

malisha
01-23-2011, 04:00 AM
easy one for Nole

didnt even need to sweat

tennizen
01-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Nole's serve is cracking. Solid play. Easy matches to the QF. I like his chances.

MIMIC
01-23-2011, 04:02 AM
EXTREMELY impressive was Djoker today :eek: Made Almagro look like shit

shadows
01-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Easy draw continues, and then berdych or verdasco in the next rofl

Mr. Oracle
01-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Was hoping to see another smackdown of Tsonga in the final but will settle for a wheezy nadal.

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 04:06 AM
yes
who is Almagro anyway:angel:

Arkulari
01-23-2011, 04:08 AM
NID, Cabezón doesn't have the weapons to hurt Nole, who was really solid on serve and from the baseline :yeah:

ZaZoo)
01-23-2011, 04:08 AM
Bravo Nole!! :worship:

GHETTOTENNIS
01-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Almugro is a disgrace to tennis

zlaja777
01-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Very good Novak. Serve looking great. Keep up :worship:

zlaja777
01-23-2011, 04:15 AM

Chill out with draw whyning trool. Who do you want him to play in QF??? Maybe Nadal?

MIMIC
01-23-2011, 04:16 AM

Opponent of top 5 seeds in 4th round:

Nadal: No. 15
Federer: Unseeded
Djokovic: No. 12
Soderling: Unseeded
Murray: No. 11

Get real, dude. Do you want him to play the tournament backwards or something?

Federer in the 2nd round, Murray in the 3rd.....and then Federer again in the 4th? :rolleyes:

madmax
01-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Mugro is a freaking joke of a tennis player

Nole fan
01-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Djoko played great today and went from less to more making Almagro look like a newbie, he really was that bad. The Spaniard had some moments of brilliance hitting some incredible shots out of nowhere but they were random and too scarce. Nole was in whole control of the match and, most importantly, he served extraordinarily well. I think 12 aces? And in some sets his first serve was 85%, awesome stats. Very few UEs. Despite the double fault at the beginning of the match. And a somewhat shaky start. But he got better and better and his shots became more accurate and powerful. Almagro was out of sorts and crumbled in the third set. Very good match for Nole and I just hope that he can play his best tennis in QF.

moon language
01-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Novak's game is looking sharp right now.

Kiedis
01-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Good run, Nico. Not bad for a claycourt player.

Mr. Oracle
01-23-2011, 04:21 AM
shadow said: "Easy draw continues, and then berdych or verdasco in the next rofl"

Opponent of top 5 seeds in 4th round:

Nadal: No. 15
Federer: Unseeded
Djokovic: No. 12
Soderling: Unseeded
Murray: No. 11

Get real, dude. Do you want him to play the tournament backwards or something?

Federer in the 2nd round, Murray in the 3rd.....and then Federer again in the 4th? :rolleyes:

Oh Snap !! Fanned and faved. Troll owned outright !!

viruzzz
01-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Mugro didn't played that bad in the 1st and 2nd set...
With a litle more luck he could robbed one to the Nole one.

tektonac
01-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Mugro is a freaking joke of a tennis player

would like to see you pick up the racquet.

anyway, thought Nole was a tad slow in the 1st.

Nole fan
01-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Mugro didn't played that bad in the 1st and 2nd set...
With a litle more luck he could robbed one to the Nole one.

No chance in hell. Almagro was made to look like an amateur today. I expected more from him.

finishingmove
01-23-2011, 04:45 AM
mugro on a self-destruct mission.

though those are some sick serving stats from nole

tests
01-23-2011, 04:49 AM
chokovic continues his march to the quarterfinals. If berdych beats verdasco (looks like that might be the case), i expect chokovic to lose to berdych (similar to wimbledon).

Nole fan
01-23-2011, 04:55 AM
chokovic continues his march to the quarterfinals. If berdych beats verdasco (looks like that might be the case), i expect chokovic to lose to berdych (similar to wimbledon).

Djokovic and Berdych are not the same players from Wimbledon.
And drop the silly nickname, you know it doesn't apply. :rolleyes:

FlameOn
01-23-2011, 05:03 AM
Nole. :worship: I expected him to be more tested but oh well. Saving energy for later rounds. :p

tektonac
01-23-2011, 05:26 AM
If berdych beats verdasco (looks like that might be the case), i expect djokovic to lose to berdych (similar to wimbledon).

it'll be a night session and yes, nole will rip through berdy boy.

Seingeist
01-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Djoko played great today and went from less to more making Almagro look like a newbie, he really was that bad. The Spaniard had some moments of brilliance hitting some incredible shots out of nowhere but they were random and too scarce. Nole was in whole control of the match and, most importantly, he served extraordinarily well. I think 12 aces? And in some sets his first serve was 85%, awesome stats. Very few UEs. Despite the double fault at the beginning of the match. And a somewhat shaky start. But he got better and better and his shots became more accurate and powerful. Almagro was out of sorts and crumbled in the third set. Very good match for Nole and I just hope that he can play his best tennis in QF.

Excellent summary! :yeah:

Yeah, I enjoyed watching Nole rip Almagro a new one.

Berdych, judging by his form this evening, will be much, MUCH more difficult. Nole can take it if he digs deep, but if he plays a bit loose, Berdych could definitely pull an upset.

Anyway, terrific match from Djokovic! Keep rollin! :yeah:

Allez
01-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Nole is currently the strongest player on this half of the draw. He is playing beautifully. That was simply majestic :worship:

Corey Feldman
01-23-2011, 06:32 AM
good to see that Geek out of there, even if it does mean a win for Djoko

dedicated to Keidis

Mr. Oracle
01-23-2011, 06:53 AM
today bird-itch reminded me of a possessed del potro when he beat fed at USO, where fed rolled up into a fetal position by the 5th set. Soderking did it to nadal at the french. Just pure blunt force trauma. Those groundstrokes will be a difficult obstacle for nole. How do you answer an in-form howitzer?

MilosSs
01-23-2011, 07:22 AM
today bird-itch reminded me of a possessed del potro when he beat fed at USO, where fed rolled up into a fetal position by the 5th set. Soderking did it to nadal at the french. Just pure blunt force trauma. Those groundstrokes will be a difficult obstacle for nole. How do you answer an in-form howitzer?

I guess with defense :confused:

Nole is maybe the best returner in the game alongside Murray, so he should be fine against T-Bird.

Though I expect a pretty intense match, Nole will seek for his revenge after lopsided Wimbledon loss.

cheriamor
01-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Nole was impressive, as has been the case so far. I was glad he was able to make this a quick win and get out of the heat. I really hope it is a night match against Berdych.

Tonkie13
01-23-2011, 07:26 AM
It was really easy for him, I guess reading this

Kiedis
01-23-2011, 07:26 AM

BS, you are done if you can't dominate long rallies against Berdych. And Fernando couldn't :shrug:

loopback
01-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Good job

Did Nole get a warning for coaching?

Seingeist
01-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Good job

He did indeed, and he didn't seem to appreciate the apparent justification from Fergus. But he's not Andy Roddick, so he moved on immediately and that was the end of it.

cheriamor
01-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Good job

Yes, which was complete :bs:! He looked over at his box at the wrong time basically and his coach made a gesture. He wasn't asking for help or anything like that. He addressed it in the press conference afterwards.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-23/201101231295761887498.html
Q. What happened with the umpire at the beginning of the second set? Was it coaching?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, but I don't think it was the right call, because I missed a forehand and then I turn to my coach. As you always make as a player an eye contact with your team. That's what I did. I didn't ask for any advices, you know, because they can't help too much. You've got to do what you got to do.

So I don't understand. I just feel that any chair umpire before giving you a violation for, I don't know, coaching or time wasting or whatever, I think he should give you a pre warning and just tell you, Okay, you're playing too slow or you're doing this and you shouldn't do. This is me as a player, it's my opinion. I respect that. Before giving you a straight violation in that moment it's not what you want.

Q. Has it ever happened to you before?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Coaching, no. Never. First time. Smashed my racquet couple of times.

Q. You aren't denying you did it. You're saying you should get one strike?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything and I didn't ask for the advice. That's my point. What I'm saying is that even though I think it was the wrong call, if he thinks that it was right, he should have told me before giving me a warning. Just tell me, Hey, maybe your coach is involved too much before the points, he's giving you signals. I would say, Yes, okay, sorry no problem.

Next time if he does that, give me a warning and I respect that fully. Don't give me warning right away.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

finishingmove
01-23-2011, 08:31 AM
he should've been fined for schooling mugro without a licence

nole_no1
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Easyy :yeah:

Orka_n
01-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Good.

Topspindoctor
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I guess with defense :confused:

Nole is maybe the best returner in the game alongside Murray, so he should be fine against T-Bird.

Though I expect a pretty intense match, Nole will seek for his revenge after lopsided Wimbledon loss.

Nole already thrashed Berdych @ WTF. This win will be an icing on the cake to underline the fact that the ball basher got lucky @ Wimby.

«Ivan»
01-23-2011, 01:30 PM
noleee:yeah:

it's amazing how fed 'n nole got lucky.their draws opened 'n opened all over again. now we could say they had really the easiest draws.i mean wawa against fed is nole vs viktor,nole avoid davy.....we're waiting sf.although i like berdych nole will smack him i hope.

how boring ao this year.

in the last 16 were 12 from top 15 + 19th wawa + raonic 'n dolgopolov.

Nole fan
01-23-2011, 01:33 PM
noleee:yeah:

it's amazing how fed 'n nole got lucky.their draws opened 'n opened all over again. now we could say they had really the easiest draws.i mean wawa against fed is nole vs viktor,nole avoid davy.....we're waiting sf.although i like berdych nole will smack him i hope.

how boring ao this year.

in the last 16 were 12 from top 15 + 19th wawa + raonic 'n dolgopolov.

Nothing is ever easy Ivan. Look at Nadal and Federer already struggling with much inferior ranked opponents. And Berdych will be very tough for Nole. :shrug:

«Ivan»
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Nothing is ever easy Ivan. Look at Nadal and Federer already struggling with much inferior ranked opponents. And Berdych will be very tough for Nole. :shrug:

of course nina.i was trying to be sarcastic in my exellent english but i couldn't make it.i'm limited;)

Vida
01-23-2011, 03:11 PM
how could've anyone voted for anything but straight sets win for novak, I have no idea.

tangerine_dream
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Novak calling on his falcon power animal, that match was a pleasure to watch. Both to see that douchebag Almagro get squashed like a bug and for Novak to end the curse of the Serbian graveyard court. :cool:

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Almugro doesn't belong to majors' 4th rounds.