Australian Open Predictions [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Australian Open Predictions

luie
01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I think we will for the first time have a GS final contested without fed/nadull since 2004(except AO 08)
Novak is playing well & via a retirement from his countryman,looks in good physical shape,, also the AO this year is not as hot as previous years.
Murray is also looking strong & his 1 serve % is higher than normal for him, secondly the courts seem to suit his style of play.
I don't see fed/nadull going through,on current form/conditions.
Discuss.

fsoica
01-22-2011, 05:36 PM
ask nostradamus or wait till one week from today...

scarecrows
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
i've heard that before

abraxas21
01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
wouldn't mind if it happens tbh

at least it would be 100 better than another muggy fedal final

Certinfy
01-22-2011, 05:38 PM
No.

ZaZoo)
01-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Would like to see it but I think Fedal prevails unfortunately.

GSMnadal
01-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure you're not the first one to predict this. And it's not even that bold a statement to make after seeing Fedal struggle with quality of play/fitness.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
It's going to be a Murray/Federer final.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure you're not the first one to predict this. And it's not even that bold a statement to make after seeing Fedal struggle with quality of play/fitness.

bu

ha

ha

ha

luie
01-22-2011, 05:42 PM
No.
Yes,,, berdych will be hammered in the QF,on this slow surface.

DrJules
01-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I think we will for the first time have a GS final contested without fed/nadull since 2004(except AO 08)
Novak is playing well & via a retirement from his countryman,looks in good physical shape,, also the AO this year is not as hot as previous years.
Murray is also looking strong & his 1 serve % is higher than normal for him, secondly the courts seem to suit his style of play.
Discuss.

I am starting to sense Murray beating Federer in the final 6-4,7-5, 6-2. Federer having to go through a long 5 set match to beat Djokovic in his semi-final and Murray beating Nadal in 3 sets in his semi-final. If Murray can keep his head together the title is for him to take.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I am starting to sense Murray beating Federer in the final 6-4,7-5, 6-2. Federer having to go through a long 5 set match to beat Djokovic in his semi-final and Murray beating Nadal in 3 sets in his semi-final. If Murray can keep his head together the title is for him to take.

Murray can only beat Fed with that scoreline behind my backyard playing for 2kg's of potatoes prize.

luie
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I'am the first to start a thread to discuss it openly.
It is a bold statement because Murray isn't always a safe bet to go deep in GS & Novak has heat issues.
Secondly nadull always starts tounies playing like crap & ends up winning.
Fed looked in good form Simon is just a bad match-up.
I would like to see fed make it to the final but I think conditions/bounce favour Novak more.:sad:

GlennMirnyi
When I read the word Nolandy I think they shouldn't let mental institution patients use the internet.

Sapeod
Murray can only beat Fed with that scoreline behind my backyard playing for 2kg's of potatoes prize.
Incorrect.

Murray can beat Federer like that, and he's playing much better than Federer atm. If it comes to a Murray/Federer final, then I can see Murray winning and finally showing all the haters that he can win a slam.
Can't wait for when he wins it, the haters are all going to cry :)

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
When I read the word Nolandy I think they shouldn't let mental institution patients use the internet.
In that case, I think you and 99% of everyone on here should log out, log off and shutdown your computers, along with 98% of the internet.

kyleskywalker007
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Watch Murray lose the moment he faces some decent competition. And we all know Murray is a player until the quarter or semifinals and then he is a complete mug when it comes down to a grand slam final.

Raferminator
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
ask nostradamus or wait till one week from today...

Quatrains of Nostradamus
http://www.crystalinks.com/quatrainscentury1.html

A child without hands, never so great a thunderbolt seen,
the royal child wounded at a game of tennis.
At the well lightning strikes, joining together
three trussed up in the middle under the oaks.

Most scholars have interpreted this as foretelling the "Rafa Slam". The "royal child wounded at a game of tennis" is Fed.

superslam77
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't think Andy would even beat the other Andy in the final...sorry. Toni calls Fuentes...RafaWonAO2011 no?

Even if Mantaray saves the world then sacrifices himself for jesus or the hedgehog no?

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Watch Murray lose the moment he faces some decent competition. And we all know Murray is a player until the quarter or semifinals and then he is a complete mug when it comes down to a grand slam final.
Wrong.
He has faced JesusFed in both of his finals, so he had no chance, even at his best.

Please refrain from posting anything like that again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

luie
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
If Novak meets fed & Murray meets nadull,both SF will be long imo.
The tiebreaker for me is that fed/novak has an extra day of rest to recover & prepare for the finals. I feel it will be difficult to hit winners especially @ night if they play.

luie
01-22-2011, 05:55 PM
:lol:

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Incorrect.

Murray can beat Federer like that, and he's playing much better than Federer atm. If it comes to a Murray/Federer final, then I can see Murray winning and finally showing all the haters that he can win a slam.

Considering past results, no he can't beat Frauderer in GS finals.

At least you prove the following post:

In that case, I think you and 99% of everyone on here should log out, log off and shutdown your computers, along with 98% of the internet.

After reading your previous post, I guess you should ask your mental warden for your prompt disconnection.

Johnny Groove
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Fedal finals, clearly.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Incorrect.

and how many tries does he need? A ZILLION?

gtfo please. that will happen one day, let's say when Fed would be 35.

DrJules
01-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Fedal finals, clearly.

How confident of a Nadal victory at the 2011 AO are you. He does not look like he has made a full physical recovery.

Allez
01-22-2011, 06:06 PM

Yeah I sense that also. If Murray faces Fed in the final it won't even be close especially given the fact that for Fed to make the finals he'll have had a tough thriller against Nole in the semis(I still see Nole winning though). Murray's playing really well at the moment.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Fedal finals, clearly.
Incorrect.

It is going to be a Murray/Federer final.

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 06:09 PM

I think the OP might visit the Nolandy Mental Institution a week from now. ;)

foul_dwimmerlaik
01-22-2011, 06:11 PM
If Murray can keep his head together the title is for him to take.
Now wait just a minute. Where did I hear that before?:scratch:

On topic: there is definitely a chance of that happening.

Arakasi
01-22-2011, 06:12 PM

We haven't even reached the QFs yet and you're "starting to sense" the scoreline of the final? :cuckoo:

Even if a Fed-Djok semi went to five the winner would have two days rest so they shouldn't be having any physical issues in the final. Also, if Murray beats Nadal, which isn't a given, it's going to take a lot more than just mental strength to beat Federer in the final.

Chiakifug
01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Wrong.
He has faced JesusFed in both of his finals, so he had no chance, even at his best.

Please refrain from posting anything like that again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

oh ther irony :tears:

DrJules
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
We haven't even reached the QFs yet and you're "starting to sense" the scoreline of the final? :cuckoo:

Even if a Fed-Djok semi went to five the winner would have two days rest so they shouldn't be having any physical issues in the final. Also, if Murray beats Nadal, which isn't a given, it's going to take a lot more than just mental strength to beat Federer in the final.

Purely a prediction based on the first weeks play and considering the thread title. A little bit fun, but Toronto and Shanghai make me feel feasible (both straight set victories for Murray over Federer in MS finals).

Johnny Groove
01-22-2011, 06:24 PM
How confident of a Nadal victory at the 2011 AO are you. He does not look like he has made a full physical recovery.

Not too confident. My prediction is a Federer def. Nadal final scenario. Djoko and Murray again the SF bridesmaids.

Incorrect.

It is going to be a Murray/Federer final.

Yes yes, we know your prediction.

shiaben
01-22-2011, 06:28 PM
The possibility for a Novak and Andy, is just as likely as a possibility for Novak and Rafa, or Roger and Andy, or Rafa and Roger.

My prediction was Murray defeating Federer in 4 sets. Like Murray taking the first set, losing the second, and winning the third and fourth. Something like those old French Open finals where Nadal defeated Federer in 4 sets.

However, given Federer's form, it seems that Murray/Djokovic/Nadal are playing at a much higher level.

It is too early to speak still, so I'm going to judge Federer on his QF performance. Wawrinka would be a good challenge, if he actually tries. I just hope he doesn't bend over 6-3 6-3 6-3 or something and mentally choke.

shiaben
01-22-2011, 06:29 PM
My dad and some other fans, pick out Novak to reach the finals from this end, simply because of Federer's lackluster performance against Simon. It is plausible I guess........shouldn't have gone to 5 with Simon.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:30 PM
oh ther irony :tears:
I don't see any irony whatsoever.

luie
01-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Not too confident. My prediction is a Federer def. Nadal final scenario. Djoko and Murray again the SF bridesmaids.

Yes yes, we know your prediction.
I also taught fed had a chance against nadull in the final but seeing his serve n, ground game crumble under pressure from a pusher like simon,players like novak/murray/nadull will be very difficult for him.
However I do admit a player of simon quality is not customary in early rounds of slams.

Chartreuse
01-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Why not? We are due a non Fedal final since AO2008.

coonster14
01-22-2011, 09:51 PM
That would be nice to see something different, and about time they played each other in a grand slam for the first time. :)

Chartreuse
01-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Who would win??

Mungo
01-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Nadal is still sick from that virus he got in Doha. The winner of Murray-Soderling will reach the final.

Commander Data
01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Everything is possbile. But Fed/Nadal are some tough cookies.

Murray or Sod would be good.

fast_clay
01-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Considering past results, no he can't beat Frauderer in GS finals.

At least you prove the following post:

After reading your previous post, I guess you should ask your mental warden for your prompt disconnection.

:lol: :lol: fuck i laughed.. can't rep you

Allez
01-23-2011, 04:09 AM
A Nolandy final is increasingly looking like a distinct possibility.

tests
01-23-2011, 04:12 AM
MOre like nadal will prevail, federer is looking terrible. Once nadal gets to the sfs, he will roll through the competition. DJokal final imo, with nadal prevailing in straights.

Allez
01-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Nadal is sick too. Neither Federer nor Nadal is winning this. Nole or Murray, yes.

tests
01-23-2011, 04:18 AM
nadals a very smart player. He is overhyping his sickness. I dont think hes really that sick, and if he is, he will recover and then when the opponents take him lightly, he will pounce.

Allez
01-23-2011, 04:20 AM
nadals a very smart player. He is overhyping his sickness. I dont think hes really that sick, and if he is, he will recover and then when the opponents take him lightly, he will pounce.

:haha: Nadal loves being the underdog so you may be right.

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 05:26 AM
No idea, but you remember me how great JWT was.

superganon
01-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Discuss.

whats this fuzz about nolandy? i mean nolsoda is much better contrast

Chartreuse
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Nadal is sick too. Neither Federer nor Nadal is winning this. Nole or Murray, yes.

Agreed. Nadal is sick and Fed is losing sets to players like Robredo... Nolandy will win.

Vida
01-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Im cheering for this.

paseo
01-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Who then? I can't tell you. All I can say that he's in Nadal's half of the draw.

How do I know this? It's a secret. Just trust me.

What do you say? Do you believe me?

Certinfy
01-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Milos Raonic to take the title :rocker2:

ossie
01-23-2011, 02:58 PM
should i bet my house on it?

paseo
01-23-2011, 03:00 PM
should i bet my house on it?

Well, yeah.. sure, why not?

moodin0931
01-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Soderling all the way!!

Chartreuse
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Nolandy or Soderling.

Kiedis
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Is allowed every member of this board to make his own thread with his prediction? :eek:

paseo
01-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Is allowed every member of this board to make his own thread with his prediction? :eek:

No. At least to my knowledge. But this is a SUPER prediction. So, it's only obvious that they make an exception.

GSMnadal
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
No. At least to my knowledge. But this is a SUPER prediction. So, it's only obvious that they make an exception.

So far for that theory.

paseo
01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, nooooo..... Why do they merged my thread? It's a SUPER prediction. Not just some random prediction like the others. They should've known the difference. Lame, just lame...

bigBOSS
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
This kid is on some serious form, his serve is monstrous this tournament and hitting winners left and right especially from that backhand down the line and forehand out wide.

If he can hang on to his balls and avoid a heat stroke/retirement like the past 2 years, he's probably gonna go to finals and have a pretty good chance there as well.

DrJules
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
This kid is on some serious form, his serve is monstrous this tournament and hitting winners left and right especially from that backhand down the line and forehand out wide.

If he can hang on to his balls and avoid a heat stroke/retirement like the past 2 years, he's probably gonna go to finals and have a pretty good chance there as well.

Considering the inconsistent play of Federer he has a very good chance of reaching the final. If Federer miraculously discovers his old form then Djokovic would not beat him, but I see nothing to convince me that Federer can just turn it on at will.

Nadal health question marks means he has a good chance of then winning the tournament.

Zagor
01-23-2011, 09:29 PM

Yeah,I'm liking Novak's chances right now,mostly because he's serving the best he has been in almost 2 years and seems to hit FH with authority again.It would be about damn time Novak sheds one slam wonder label,although there's still more tennis to be played obviously.

bigBOSS
01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
bird-bitch is playing well too actually, so it might be interesting. Im looking forward to that match.

Also it could happen that DJokovic wins a tough 5-setter vs berdbytch and then is 'drained' when he comes against Fed who can rediscover his form. Then Fed is favorite.

Nole fan
01-23-2011, 10:30 PM
bird-bitch is playing well too actually, so it might be interesting. Im looking forward to that match.

Also it could happen that DJokovic wins a tough 5-setter vs berdbytch and then is 'drained' when he comes against Fed who can rediscover his form. Then Fed is favorite.

That could be but I don't think so. Djoko should win in straights against Berdy. And it's not even sure that Fed will beat Wawa. Stan is on fire and Federer is more fedERROR than JesusFed. :shrug:

Certinfy
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
If Berdych plays the way he has done so far he'll no doubt get at least a set.

Clay Death
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
agreed. best of 5 sets foremat means that it is difficult to keep up the intensity for a sustained period of time.

i say berdych gets a set. it may even go 5. berdych is striking the ball just that well.

people forget how well berdych returns serve.

Certinfy
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
agreed. best of 5 sets foremat means that it is difficult to keep up the intensity for a sustained period of time.

i say berdych gets a set. it may even go 5. berdych is striking the ball just that well.

people forget how well berdych returns serve.
Berdych had the best return stats at Wimbledon last year :worship: Ironically he had the best service stats at RG last year as well :lol: Seriously generally when he returns well his whole game works well, and his ROS has worked well over the last few matches. :)

Clay Death
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
affirmative. seems like most all of the toughest hard court players ended up in clay warrior`s 1/2.

fed vs berdych would be the match of the tournament right now but it was not meant to be this time around.

if you can get fed`s serve back deep with some aggression and engage him in rallies, you have a chance against him.

bigBOSS
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
It'll be a good match, I'll tell you that at least.

As for Fed vs Waw, I say right now it could be 50/50, depending on which fed shows up.

If Beast Fed shows up, it'll be a straight sets win. If FedError shows up, it'll be Fed going home after 4 sets.

Clay Death
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
dont kid yourself. fed owns him like an indentured servant.

it is 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.

Zagor
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM

Agree,Novak-Berdman could be a cracker of a match,they've both showed some terrific form at AO this year.That said I expect Novak to win,he's usually great at moving big guys like Berdman around and exploiting their movement.I think their Wimbledon match is mostly irrelevant to the outcome of this one for the simple reason that Novak moves way better on HC than grass(his weakest surface by far).

Zagor
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
dont kid yourself. fed owns him like an indentured servant.

it is 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.

Not so sure,Stan has a win over Fed and has Lundgren in his corner(which gotta help when facing Roger).That said,this will be a totally different match-up for Stan than Monfils/Roddick who gave him all the time in the world to rip those beautiful groundies.Unlike them Fed will look to take Stan's time away and will vary his game more(dropshot,approach the net,slice etc.).

Still,there's no doubt Fed's form is shaky at the moment so you gotta give Stan a decent shot with the way he's playing.I still expect Fed to up his game given that it's a QF but you never know which Roger will show up these days.

Certinfy
01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Beating Nadal, Murray and Federer/Djokovic all back to back :worship:

Sham Kay
01-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Phew. I thought you said he WILL win there for a second.

Certinfy
01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Check again, I'm not even a fan of the guy but he's riding on a high from winning Auckland :worship:

coonster14
01-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I like Pics, but no way is that happening.

Nole Rules
:lol:

Pirata.
Vamos Pics :rocker2:

Dyraise
01-25-2011, 07:46 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

14 hours...

rofe
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I think you are missing a "de" instead of an "r". ;)

samanosuke
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Calm down, I've been on crack even before I joined MTF, could explain why I'm a Berdych fan though. :o

I know that you didn't mean seriously ;)

Sham Kay
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Alright serious answer..

Yeah sure, why not. Good to be optimistic for Pics.

May well need to "take-out" Rafa before entering the court to even stand a chance today though.

Consigliere
01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
logan from baywatch aint winnin nothing.

Sonja1989
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Would be great, but will not happen.

syc23
01-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Why is Ferrer called pics?

Shirogane
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
:worship:

dodo
01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
berdy getting crushed must have really done a number on you

Clay Death
01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Beating Nadal, Murray and Federer/Djokovic all back to back :worship:

it may be time to put the crack pipe down old warrior.

didnt you say you were "feeling" it for the great serbian slayer?

ferru wont win a single set again at these championships. he is being made to get off the train at the next stop.

he had a great tournament. now its over.

misty1
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
why is david called pics?

i kind of think it would be AMAZING if he could pull it off and im not a fan..

i just think that the atp desperately needs a shock grand slam winner.

a_boy
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Why is Ferrer called pics?

:sad: :confused:

Cloudygirl
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Well Jase can def say he called it first.

Gabe32
01-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all. It's just that...

He is 3-11 vs Nadal
0-11 vs Federer (including 4 clay matches, surprisingly)
4-5 vs Djokovic (3 wins on clay, only 1 on hard).

He does have a winning record against Murrary. And Murray is looking good enough to make the final.

Sonja1989
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all. It's just that...

He is 3-11 vs Nadal
0-11 vs Federer (including 4 clay matches, surprisingly)
4-5 vs Djokovic (3 wins on clay, only 1 on hard).

He does have a winning record against Murrary. And Murray is looking good enough to make the final.

Terrible stats, especially vs Federer. :sad:

ShotmaKer
01-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Last I checked he was the least likely among the remaining players according to bookies. Even Dolgopolov has better odds :lol:

Silver.
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Would be awesome. Not a chance in hell.

Mechlan
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Some threads are MTF classics:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107585

dombrfc
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
:sad: :confused:

shiaben
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
The day Ferrer wins a slam is the day bad bad disasters will occur.

mgasol
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
he is too untalented. its that simple. worst player in the top 100.

Fire__
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM

OMG, it's so funny and i am reading just the 3rd page there... Thanx dude :worship:

tests
01-25-2011, 10:18 PM
when you say "ferrer to win the aus open" you must meen vicariously through is lover nadal.

djb84xi
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
If Ferrer wins the Australian Open, I will sit my bare ass on the freezing ice outside, LOL.

Pirata.
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM

:worship:

A_Skywalker
01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
he is too untalented. its that simple. worst player in the top 100.

good results for so untalented player.

Har-Tru
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
It can happen, you know.

GSMnadal
01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
But it won't.

Shirogane
I know:sad: :confused:

Johnny Groove
Yes it will happen :rocker2:

Mungo
01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
He can also win the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. Why not?

Luinir
01-27-2011, 03:20 PM
He is playing with his heart. So, you can never know.

Fire__
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
It can & it will! His name birth was on MTF, and everybody who born here is 99% likely to take one GS in a lifetime! Go PICS!

e476
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Of course it can.

Sonja1989
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I hope. Come on David!!!!!

Big_Juicy
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Did I miss something overnight? There is a lot of comments about the up-coming Murray-Djokovic final, that I am just curious what exactly happened in Murray's semi-final match.

It says on the schedule that the match is still to be played, but all the MTF experts have this one decided already..so why even bother then playing the match? :rolleyes: