Bernard Tomic? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bernard Tomic?

freeandlonely
01-22-2011, 10:57 AM
:angel:

tests
01-22-2011, 11:03 AM
tomic definatly is insanely talented. but i think a lot of his shots can be attributed to inexperience. His shot selection stinks, i.e. slicing a lot of nadal.

I think this kids a future top 10e player.

buzz
01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
after seeing him play nadal (and a few other matches) I think he will at least reach top 10 for a short while in his career.

Jaz
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Talented but seriously needs to improve his consistency, movement, serve.

Mentally not great either.

tests
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
is it just me, or does bernard tomics approach shots really seem to bother nadal?

Helevorn
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Talented but seriously needs to improve his consistency, movement, serve.

Mentally not great either.

Either way, give him some time. He was born in the end of 1992.

samanosuke
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Guys, did I miss something ???? Nadal today is playing at 20% and this tool can't get even a set . Nadal was there to take it

Voo de Mar
01-22-2011, 11:12 AM
He's got tremendous timing and fantastic acceleration from both wings, has improved service in comparison to the previous two Australian Opens but still moves too slow.

Bowie
Guys, did I miss something ???? Nadal today is playing at 20% and this tool can't get even a set . Nadal was there to take it
You missed the 0-4 and two-points-away-from-losing-the-second-set parts...

VolandriFan
I think he's 18 and tall. Give him a fucking break.

samanosuke
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
You missed the 0-4 and two-points-away-from-losing-the-second-set parts...

The problem is that I saw this part . Nadal looks somehow slow and with much more UE's than he usually does

freeandlonely
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM
The problem is that I saw this part . Nadal looks somehow slow and with much more UE's than he usually does

Flu Or Tomic made him that?
Federer doesn't adapt well to Simon's rhythm either.

Anyway, Tomic is tall and young I agree and I wish him all the best.

syc23
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Nadal just doesn't look quite 100%. Federer is rubbing his hands watching this.

loopback
01-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Future top 100 player

Dmitry Verdasco
01-22-2011, 11:48 AM
He's been spoiled rotten ever since he showed any promise. That's not to say he's not talented, but he won't have any glory without the will of someone like Rafael Nadal Parera.

Wolfy
01-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Future Australia tool
they use him than throw him away

green25814
01-22-2011, 11:51 AM
He's been spoiled rotten ever since he showed any promise. That's not to say he's not talented, but he won't have any glory without the will of someone like Rafael Nadal Parera.

Agreed. We have to see what kind of motivation he has.

samjones
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
“No way will something like that happen again,” Bud Collins, the journalist and TV commentator, said of Edmondson’s upset. “The guys at the top have separated themselves from the pack, and it’s a different sport now. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/sports/tennis/14aussie.html)

Looks like Bud was right.

freeandlonely
05-29-2011, 05:34 PM
:facepalm:

fast_clay
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
going 0-4 down to tomic in the 2nd set caused the downfall of nadal

you heard it here

LawrenceOfTennis
05-29-2011, 06:04 PM
The way he played Nadal declared that he is a superb talent. His groundstrokes troubled Nadal and Rafa used his routine to beat him. Tomic didn't even struggled to hit those super fast strokes. I think the time he learns pro lifestyle and be more disciplined, will be the day when he will beat many top guys. But it's 2 years from now on I think. At least.

Nathaliia
05-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, he was given a wild card to Nottingham challenger now on grass. Fans in the challenger forum didn't quite like it.

I think it's the time for him to gain some points... at least he should...

vn01
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
tomic is a great talent. he is only 18 and has enough time to develop. bernard will reach at least top 15 in his career.

TennisOnWood
05-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, he was given a wild card to Nottingham challenger now on grass. Fans in the challenger forum didn't quite like it.

I think it's the time for him to gain some points... at least he should...

How can we like it when there is no simple and smart reason to give him that WC.. he didn't deserved WC for Indian Wells and Miami after what he did in Dallas Challenger

7 big tournaments are played so far this season and we saw him in 4 of them (2 Slams and IW/Miami). I can't tell why

TennisOnWood
05-29-2011, 09:07 PM
tomic is a great talent. he is only 18 and has enough time to develop. bernard will reach at least top 15 in his career.

Rafa was 18 and he never made shits like Bernard... he worked like maniac to be better player on the court and to improve as much as he can. I just think Bernard don't care about that

misty1
05-29-2011, 09:29 PM

maybe so but look at all of the other young, talented players out there and not one of them has gotten anywhere near as many wild cards as he has

vn01
05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Rafa was 18 and he never made shits like Bernard... he worked like maniac to be better player on the court and to improve as much as he can. I just think Bernard don't care about that

rafa is a unique player. no one can repeat his achievements at 18. ;)

oranges
05-29-2011, 10:00 PM

It's not about achievements. It's about earning your place on the tour. WCs to young players are meant as an occasional opportunity to get experience on a higher level, not as a standard means of entering tournaments day in day out. Another Young in the making.

TennisOnWood
05-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Like oranges said, its not about achievements.. Bernard's talent is amazing but he just don't work on his game (at least we can't see that) and his attitude is just awfull

Just look what Harrison or Marti needed to do to make RG Main Draw.. Bernard got it on a plate, not to mantion 2 biggest Masters 1000 events

LawrenceOfTennis
05-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Like oranges said, its not about achievements.. Bernard's talent is amazing but he just don't work on his game (at least we can't see that) and his attitude is just awfull

Just look what Harrison or Marti needed to do to make RG Main Draw.. Bernard got it on a plate, not to mantion 2 biggest Masters 1000 events

Good point on Harrison. The organisers offered him a WC for RG and he didn't want to take it. He said on numerous occasions that he prefers the harder way, because it's more useful for his future. Tomic should follow this logic, sooner or later somebody will tell him what to do.

TennisOnWood
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Good point on Harrison. The organisers offered him a WC for RG and he didn't want to take it. He said on numerous occasions that he prefers the harder way, because it's more useful for his future. Tomic should follow this logic, sooner or later somebody will tell him what to do.

I think he refused to play in USTA Play Off for WC spot, he wanted to go through Q's (and it went great in the end). Just few days later he was at home, working hard on the court with his brother, preparing to play in Europe next week

Bernard and every other young player should follow Ryan's work ethic

LawrenceOfTennis
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
I think he refused to play in USTA Play Off for WC spot, he wanted to go through Q's (and it went great in the end). Just few days later he was at home, working hard on the court with his brother, preparing to play in Europe next week

Bernard and every other young player should follow Ryan's work ethic

Yeah, I think his work ethic will pay off sooner or later.

atennisfan
05-30-2011, 03:59 AM
Tomic has attitude problem.
Attitude is what separate a great player from a bust player.
Until he fixes his attitude, there's no way Tomic will get into top 50.

freeandlonely
06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Could be interesting.

Dund
06-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Why do people keep bringing up his attitude? No one has any idea how he works off the court.

His on court attitude is a completely different story. He's calm and collected and doesn't let things faze him. He's not 200% intensity like Nadal, his on court attitude is more like early Federer (minus the bouts of anger). No one doubts how hard he works.