By the time of 2020, all aspects concerned the strongest tennis-base region? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

By the time of 2020, all aspects concerned the strongest tennis-base region?

freeandlonely
01-22-2011, 09:26 AM
:confused:

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 01:27 AM
China seems to me has some "problems", don't know what exactly.

Leo
01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
hard to see it being any region besides europe due to the resources, training facilities, money, talent, athletic genes, sports preferences, etc.

the question becomes east vs. west. i selected east because now we see so many talented players from serbia, up-and-comers from bulgaria and lithuania, etc. but who knows.

china seems poised to take over the women's top 100 or 200 or so in terms of overall numbers, along with the obvious eastern europeans. but i doubt they will produce many top ten players in the women's. and in terms of men's tennis, they'll struggle even more to infiltrate the sport due to average size.

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 02:47 AM
any opinion is very welcomed:)

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Europe is very safe bet, and strong enough to seperate it to two.
I put on USA and Australia, there were respectable traditions that can't not be ignore.
I put on China because the rise of women side and the fact there are many people.
What about South America? What about Brazil, Chile, and Argentina?

freeandlonely
10-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Now it's about 2012.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Either Spain or US.

Roadmap
10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Britain will dominate tennis in the near future.

LawrenceOfTennis
10-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Britain will dominate tennis in the near future :)

Liam Broady and Laura Robson :worship:

Roadmap
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Liam Broady and Laura Robson :worship:

Loads of other players as well ;)

Pirata.
10-29-2011, 02:58 AM
Either Spain or US.

Spain has no real prospects after the current Armada. Nadal and Granollers are the youngest and there don't seem to be any promising youngsters. USA has Donald Young, Harrison, Kudla, McHale, Capra...

UK has Robson, Broady; Brazil has a few kids, France, lots of eastern Europeans (Berankis, Dimitrov, Dolgo etc) and you have Nishikori for Japan and also Rendy Lu (whatever happened to Yuki Bhambri btw) even Italy has Gianluigi Quinzi

Haven't heard about any Spanish kids coming up. There was one teenager who was hyped as the next Rafa but I've no clue what level he plays at now.

Topspindoctor
10-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Britain will dominate tennis in the near future.

Only in WTA and only if Laura Robson can lose about 20 kilos :shrug:

It's not like Mugray is gonna lead Britain to glory, he can't even win a set in a slam final :awww:

Pirata.
10-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Oh yeah, and topspindoc being Aussie reminded me of Tomic as well--Raonic, Pospisil and Marino for Canada too.

I think Spain will be the big decline in the coming years and we'll see much more globalisation of the sport in places like Eastern Europe or Canada. I see a big resurgence in South American tennis too, I think around half of the juniors top 20 last year was Brazilian, Argentine or Colombian.

shiaben
10-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Have a feeling the next talented Brit will be someone of African descent. Someone...as strong as Tsonga.

Spain is a nation that admires sports a lot, so I think they'll eventually get more players in the ATP, maybe the talent will be weaker than the past generations, but nonetheless, they will still produce a good quantity of players.

I think in terms of rankings, people of Eastern European descent will probably be among the higher prospects. Raonic and Pospisil are representing Canada, Tomic is representing Australia, I think their height is part of it.

I think Spain and France will continue to populate the tennis world while Argentina will decline a bit and the U.S. will produce a stable population but not as high quality as Spain/France.

shiaben
10-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Oh yeah, and topspindoc being Aussie reminded me of Tomic as well--Raonic, Pospisil and Marino for Canada too.

I think Spain will be the big decline in the coming years and we'll see much more globalisation of the sport in places like Eastern Europe or Canada. I see a big resurgence in South American tennis too, I think around half of the juniors top 20 last year was Brazilian, Argentine or Colombian.

Juniors don't mean much in tennis. You get some from juniors, and tons from outside of it. There are also players that are late bloomers as well.

Topspindoctor
10-29-2011, 03:14 AM

Tomug won't dominate... did Federer, Nadal or Djokovic win their slams by junkballing? I don't think so. He'll have to improve 500% in order to win a slam and his movement is horrendous as well. Raonic is Isner v2.0, solid top 20 player, no more than that :shrug:

Spain will obviously decline, a player like Nadal doesn't come along very often.

South America, I am not sure. There has to be a real talent (No, I don't consider Del Bashtro as talent) in the future who is good outside of clay and currently I don't see it :shrug:

shiaben
10-29-2011, 03:19 AM
South American players are like 100 Ferrers. They have quick feet, but lack power. Ferrer is just more consistent than all these guys. Del Potro is the only bizarre one that came out of that continent. I loved Canas, too bad he never lived up to his potential. The guy use to generate tons of power from those strong legs of his.

Thunderfish8
10-29-2011, 03:28 AM
I have a theory. I live in the U.S. and I've seen this advertising for 10 and under tennis for kids. In all honesty, I think America has finally realized that once Fish and Roddick expire, we're not gonna have a top 20 player. The country is trying to raise more tennis stars on purpose because of the lack of dominance in the men's game now. So, my theory is that the U.S. will have a resurgence, around the year 2025. We'll probably be so satisfied that by 2035, Europe will rule the sport again. However, by 2020, I don't see the U.S. making any kind of dominant jump. They'll be on their way, but they won't be there yet.

Roadmap
10-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Only in WTA and only if Laura Robson can lose about 20 kilos :shrug:It's not like Mugray is gonna lead Britain to glory, he can't even win a set in a slam final :awww:

:facepalm:

fast_clay
10-29-2011, 03:35 AM
I have a theory. I live in the U.S. and I've seen this advertising for 10 and under tennis for kids. In all honesty, I think America has finally realized that once Fish and Roddick expire, we're not gonna have a top 20 player. The country is trying to raise more tennis stars on purpose because of the lack of dominance in the men's game now. So, my theory is that the U.S. will have a resurgence, around the year 2025. We'll probably be so satisfied that by 2035, Europe will rule the sport again. However, by 2020, I don't see the U.S. making any kind of dominant jump. They'll be on their way, but they won't be there yet.

yes... around about 9 years behind western europe in implementing those programs...

out_here_grindin
10-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Eastern Europe. Tennis is spreading like wildfire in those countries right now.

eclecticist
10-29-2011, 05:27 AM
definitely not the US. in the US tennis is not taken seriously as a top sport, perhaps owing to it being an individual sport, and also its seen more as casual entertainment and a spectator sport. the best athletes don't go into tennis, and even for those who do, training standards and methodologies have not yet caught up to the modern all-surface game yet (too much emphasis on big serving, big strokes, HC play, etc... as seen in most americans today)

not australia either. australia produces numerous great athletes given its relatively small population, but the main reason that it was dominated in the past was that tennis was only truly developed in nations such as the US, western europe, and australia, and so australians naturally had a chance to dominate. now that good tennis training is much more accessible in all parts of the world, they no longer have any advantages, and the only "star" they have now is tomic...

not south america either. seems that many south american tennis federations have many problems, and aren't capable of developing their talent to the best of their abilities. not to mention that most of them virtually only play on clay, and that won't allow you to become world class. also, tennis isn't seen so much as a top sport there, and doesn't draw the best athletes.

europe is still the most likely answer at this point, with growing numbers of good eastern european players to be expected, and we already have dolgopolov, dimitrov, and yes, even raonic and tomic (montenegrin and croatian).

would also like to see more chinese and other asian players rise but there are still many problems with funding, sponsorship, tennis federations, and training mindset and methodologies in asia in general for this to happen any time soon.

Clashcityrocker
10-29-2011, 07:44 AM
tennis will be dead in 2020

Mateya
10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Europe as a whole. Western, central and eastern.
Will be interesting to see what China produces.

From 2030 on, tennis will be dominated by my 3 kids. They will have my talent combined with MTF superior analysis and knowledge of the game.
A lot depends from genetic material of their father, but I'll make sure it's good.

:wavey: