The Scheduling Is Getting Unreal Now! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Scheduling Is Getting Unreal Now!

Certinfy
01-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Now that Tsonga has lost the 4th seed of the tournament Robin Soderling probably won't play a match on Rod Laver until the quarters where all the matches are on Rod Laver anyway. The same is with Tomas Berdych the 6th seed who hasn't even played a match on Rod Laver or Hisense yet and only will if he beats Fernando Verdasco tomorrow.

Sorry but putting one of the most interesting R4 matches between the 6th and 9th seed on Margaret Court Arena when all the other singles matches are on Rod Laver and Hisense is just unreal.

STUHL
01-22-2011, 07:50 AM
You should be happy. MCA is Berdych place to win the Matches ;)

Certinfy
01-22-2011, 07:52 AM
:lol: Well that's a good point but TV coverage wise as well it sucks knowing that Berdych vs Verdasco might not be covered!

Yves.
01-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Very true. Way too many women's matches on the centre courts :o Very annoying indeed.

cheriamor
01-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I can't believe it either. I mean #6 and #9 men players are being put on a court without challenges... it is ridiculous. They are trying to make it equal for men and women as far as matches go on each of the two courts.

STUHL
01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Yes thats a point. But you know that more womans Matches are on the Center Courts. I don 't know why but thats just a fact.

shiaben
01-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Damn, pathetic, I agree. especially a match of that significance and caliber.

cheriamor
01-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Yes thats a point. But you know that more womans Matches are on the Center Courts. I don 't know why but thats just a fact.

There were three today and three more tomorrow. I get putting Wozniacki on center court since she is ranked #1, but putting the 14th and 30th ranked players there? That is just stupid, even if it is Sharapova... she isn't even good anymore. They need to give the men the center court more and stick the women on Margaret Court.

solowyn
01-22-2011, 08:18 AM
There were three today and three more tomorrow. I get putting Wozniacki on center court since she is ranked #1, but putting the 14th and 30th ranked players there? That is just stupid, even if it is Sharapova... she isn't even good anymore. They need to give the men the center court more and stick the women on Margaret Court.
Sharapova v Goerges was a good match, actually.

Considering that men's matches have the possibility to be more than 3-4 hours long, they aren't going to put two in a day session on RLA.

coonster14
01-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Organisers are weird sometimes, I mean, at least put Berdy vs. Nando on Hisense after Nole vs. Almagro, and stick Kuzzy vs. Schiavone on Margaret Court Arena.

fast_clay
01-22-2011, 08:25 AM
i thought this was gonna be about some rafa fan complaining about scheduling a match with tomic that is likely to go to 5 thereby killing nadal's chances in semi final vs The Tradesman... But you have a point for sure... MCA for that? Hmmm. Questionable. Very

Soliloque
01-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Organisers are weird sometimes, I mean, at least put Berdy vs. Nando on Hisense after Nole vs. Almagro, and stick Kuzzy vs. Schiavone on Margaret Court Arena.

Kuznetsova and Schiavone are GS winners, Berdych and Verdasco are nothing compared to them.

Jelena
01-22-2011, 08:32 AM
:lol: Well that's a good point but TV coverage wise as well it sucks knowing that Berdych vs Verdasco might not be covered!
there are streams :) I will put that on :p

But yeah it sucks

Matt01
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Kuznetsova and Schiavone are GS winners, Berdych and Verdasco are nothing compared to them.

+1

Scheduling seems fine to me so far.

ApproachShot
01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
MCA badly needs Hawkeye.

Dougie
01-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Considering that men's matches have the possibility to be more than 3-4 hours long, they aren't going to put two in a day session on RLA.

That´s a good point, it´s much easier to schedule women´s matches that are only best of 3. It would only take two long 5 setters from men to basically ruin the whole schedule.

FormerRafaFan
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Sorry but putting one of the most interesting R4 matches between the 6th and 9th seed on Margaret Court Arena when all the other singles matches are on Rod Laver and Hisense is just unreal.

Totally agree with what you said here. A clash between the 6th seed and the 9th surely must be worthy of Rod Laver:confused:

I think it's weird, considering how well liked Verdasco is in Australia too. He has the crowd on his side most of the time. I just find it odd that they would put such an interesting match up between two top 10 players on Margaret Court Arena. I don't get it. But then again, I didn't get why they put up Monfils vs Wawrinka on Rod Laver either. surely the crowd would be more interested in watching a top 10 player play than two players outside of the Top 10?:shrug:

Orka_n
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
MCA badly needs Hawkeye.Yes. In my eyes that's the only real problem. (Even though I would prefer it if the men's top seeds got to play on Rod Laver or Hisense and not Screamapova etc.)

Experimentee
01-22-2011, 01:16 PM
The scheduling has been weird this year. I bought tickets for Hisense as I was sure Berdych and Verdasco would be at least on that, but now it is on MCA I will have to battle the crowds to try to get a seat. It does not make sense to put one of the best matches of the day on MCA when ppl are paying more money for stadium tickets :rolleyes:

nobama
01-22-2011, 01:18 PM
I suppose ESPN dictated that they didn't want Fed and pusherduck on at the same time, so organizers gave pusherduck the night match on RLA. Not sure why he's more deserving that Berdych or Djokovic. But I have no problem seeing him get his butt kicked on RLA. I hope PMac is calling the match. :D

rhinooooo
01-22-2011, 01:47 PM
This is a joke. This is the match of the day on the mens side, and I really can't think of two players who will need hawkeye more than these guys considering they're headcases with massive games.

Lopez
01-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Except much better tennis players :devil:

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM

WTA is crap. It's nothing compared to the ATP.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
This is a joke. This is the match of the day on the mens side, and I really can't think of two players who will need hawkeye more than these guys considering they're headcases with massive games.

Fiasco and massive in the same sentence? :lol: Maybe if it referred to his vanity... his game is crap.

River
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Grand Slam winners and former #1s have priority. Simple as that. The greatest match of last year wasn't even held at Centre Court at Wimbledon, so it's fine. Less pressure with a smaller crowd.

Start da Game
01-22-2011, 03:55 PM
i have always wondered why they don't consider freely available huge parking spaces for WTA matches........

Lee
01-22-2011, 06:35 PM

MCA badly needs Hawkeye.

agree to both

Hawk eye should be on other show courts too. I saw a few matches on court 2&3 that had terrible line calls

Blackbriar
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Too much hype for Tsonga, and look what happened. Don't worry, if Berdych goes to the final, next year he will play all of his matches on Center while Tsonga will be releagated to court 12.
Look, Bagdhatis plays on small courts now, though he was finalist a few years ago. Organizers don't like "old glories", they want the biggest players on the big courts (plus homeboys, naturally).

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 06:46 PM
There's something intimate about MCA. Hope Federer was made to play there.

iriraz
01-22-2011, 06:52 PM
There's something intimate about MCA. Hope Federer was made to play there.

Does anyone know when was the last time Federer didn`t play on Laver?

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know when was the last time Federer didn`t play on Laver?

Not in the last four-five years, I'm sure.
I know he's made to play at Louis Armstrong and Suzanne Lenglen often.

nobama
01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Not in the last four-five years, I'm sure.
I know he's made to play at Louis Armstrong and Suzanne Lenglen often.When's the last time he played on Louis Armstrong? :confused:

Paylu2007
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM
I was agreeing in the fact that those players with slam titles desserved to be on center courts, that was until some1 named Kuznetzova and Schiavone to prove that point... Then i was convinced the fame shouldnt be considered at the moment of scheduling -__-

Hurley
01-23-2011, 04:30 AM

Oops.

156mphserve
01-23-2011, 05:46 AM
they decided to go with 2 mens matches for the day session tomorrow, and no women, leaving only 1 mens match not playing on Rod Laver which will be played at Hisense. I like that decision:D

shuhrat
01-23-2011, 07:02 AM
At this point, they seem to have done things the right way. :p

Schiavone-Kuznetsova, not a typical WTA breakfest but some brilliant tennis.

156mphserve
01-23-2011, 07:28 AM
yeah, these schedulers are idiots, putting the epic fail snoozefest Schiavone/Kuznetsova match on Hisense, while putting the overexciting Berdych/Verdasco match on MCA....oh wait:p

Pirata.
01-23-2011, 08:36 AM
yeah, these schedulers are idiots, putting the epic fail snoozefest Schiavone/Kuznetsova match on Hisense, while putting the overexciting Berdych/Verdasco match on MCA....oh wait:p

MTF always knows best :lol:

gulzhan
01-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I was agreeing in the fact that those players with slam titles desserved to be on center courts, that was until some1 named Kuznetzova and Schiavone to prove that point... Then i was convinced the fame shouldnt be considered at the moment of scheduling -__-

The best match of AO11 so far, including all the ATP matches.

gulzhan
01-23-2011, 08:43 AM
WTA is crap. It's nothing compared to the ATP.

Proves, again, what an idiot you make yourself of sometimes... often, actually.

Berdych vs Verdasco was crap, Kuznetsova vs Schiavone was top class match, rare treatment for the tennis fans. Real ones.

straitup
01-23-2011, 08:44 AM

And was almost longer than Hewitt-Nalbandian, despite only playing 3 sets with 1 of them being 6-1 :lol:

The schedule tomorrow looks a lot less debatable

FormerRafaFan
01-23-2011, 11:06 AM

It would have been a good match if Nando wasn't injured, and actually played his best tennis..

Besides, I'd take a crappy men's match over a really good women's match any day of the week, because women's tennis sucks ass!

Knotty Fort
01-23-2011, 11:10 AM
People who said the Schiavone-Kuznetsova match was crap obviously didn't watch it. I mean I agree ATP tennis is definitely more winners-based and less mental-midgety as compared to WTA these days, but learn to recognize good tennis when you see it. In fact, see it first before you comment.

JuliC
01-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Exciting doesn't always mean good in terms of quality. Hewitt-Nalbandian was better in my opinion.

And to stay on-topic: I've never been to the Australian Open, but from what I've seen on tv, the atmosphere on MCA seems to be better than on Hisense. Maybe the players don't mind where they're scheduled :shrug:

Knotty Fort
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Exciting doesn't always mean good in terms of quality. Hewitt-Nalbandian was better in my opinion.

Maybe not the first 2 sets, but the 3rd set was epic in its brilliance, drama, netplay, and the ability to save MP/BP with crazy winners, especially after 5-5.

shuhrat
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Maybe not the first 2 sets, but the 3rd set was epic in its brilliance, drama, netplay, and the ability to save MP/BP with crazy winners, especially after 5-5.
:worship: Several ATP players also appreciated their phenomenal efforts on Twitter.

freeandlonely
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't like the schedule either.

Certinfy
01-23-2011, 01:16 PM
So glad they got rid of the 2 WTA and 1 ATP match on Rod Laver during the day, Murray, Soderling and Nadal on Rod Laver now :woohoo: :bounce:

Allez
01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
horrible scheduling. nole & tomas get prime time.

Certinfy
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Not really, both matches should be great so it was hard to choose what match would be during the night :shrug: Either way kinda pissed as now Djokovic is a firm favourite :o

GlennMirnyi
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Proves, again, what an idiot you make yourself of sometimes... often, actually.

Berdych vs Verdasco was crap, Kuznetsova vs Schiavone was top class match, rare treatment for the tennis fans. Real ones.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm sure real tennis fans want to watch slow, overweight mugs making 100 UEs per match and holding serve twice every 15 games. :rolleyes:

leng jai
01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm sure real tennis fans want to watch slow, overweight mugs making 100 UEs per match and holding serve twice every 15 games. :rolleyes:

Schiavone is pretty skinny mate, even by WTA standards :)

bigBOSS
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Noon is when the sun is high up in the sky and scortches your skin, drains out all the water and energy. Nadal got to play 1 match in the sun and the rest indoors. Fed gets 1 night match. That's fucking bullshit.

sexybeast
01-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Cry me a river, I couldnt give a damn if Nadal had a small cold 2 weeks ago or if Federer didnt get the same amound of day matches as Nadal. Stop the whining, Nadal fans constant bitching about his virtual/real injuries and Federer fans complaining about draws...

Get over it, these 2 are champions and will do the best of the situation presented to them.

delpiero7
01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Obviously Toni has been slipping some brightly coloured Australian $$ bills into the pockets of the schedulers.

Certinfy
01-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Berdych should be the one complaining, has never played a night match at the AO and hasn't even played on Rod Laver Arena or even Hisense Arena so far this tournament, everything will be totally new for him.

Mr. Oracle
01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Wow, Fed actually gets a day match.:eek: Guess they realized that people were on to them, frying Fed's top competition in the sun every year, while letting him play in the cool evening, giving him more rest time between matches etc. Guess he didn't pay someone off this year.

Beforehand
01-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Wow, Fed actually gets a day match.:eek: Guess they realized that people were on to them, frying Fed's top competition in the sun every year, while letting him play in the cool evening, giving him more rest time between matches etc. Guess he didn't pay someone off this year.

Fed's only had one night match out of his five rounds...

Roamed
01-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Someone on Twitter suggested Fed's frequent day matches might be to do with slightly below par day match ticket sales, apparently the figures were disappointing for yesterday at least.

Mr. Oracle
01-24-2011, 11:23 PM

^^^ Like I says, this year is different from the last 7 years. And some have the nerve to complain that frauderer is playing too many day matches? I know most fed fan's want the trophy phoned in for fed but us non fans want him to actually work for it with fair draws and weather conditions. So far he has had neither.

bigBOSS
01-24-2011, 11:39 PM
^^^ Like I says, this year is different from the last 7 years. And some have the nerve to complain that frauderer is playing too many day matches? I know most fed fan's want the trophy phoned in for fed but us non fans want him to actually work for it with fair draws and weather conditions. So far he has had neither.

so why are you happy nadal gets night matches every round?

He got 2 day matches, one against a pussy and one against a kid who retired after a few games.

Mr. Oracle
01-24-2011, 11:42 PM
so why are you happy nadal gets night matches every round?

He got 2 day matches, one against a pussy and one against a kid who retired after a few games.

i am happy because it is good karma. how come you don't get it?

FormerRafaFan
01-24-2011, 11:55 PM

I think he was talking about earlier years and thereby comparing those to this year, since it seems more fair now.

I could be wrong though..

Synesthetic
01-24-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm wondering if there's a method to their decisions as to who gets night matches...going by my 'reasoning' they based their decisions on (a) whether an Aussie is playing (always the priority :lol:), (b) whether there's a 'blockbuster quality' to the ensuing match-up, and (c) how competitive the match is likely to be, which in turn is based on (d) the seeding or ranking of the players involved in the match:

R1[B]: Djokovic/Granollers - was always going to be Federer or Djokovic; Granollers has a higher ranking (42) than Lacko (97)
R1[T]: Hewitt/Nalbandian - blockbuster match/home favourite
R2[B]: Federer/Simon - blockbuster match, their H2H prior to the match was talked up :lol:
R2[T]: Baghdatis/Del Potro - blockbuster match
R3[B]: Monfils/Wawrinka - :confused: maybe they thought Monfils would be an excitement machine or something...
R3[T]: Nadal/Tomic - home favourite
R4[B]: Roddick/Wawrinka - semi-blockbuster; Djokovic/Almagro wasn't really competitive, Robredo not seeded
R4[T]: Nadal/Cilic - justified since Murray/Melzer wasn't exactly competitive either; Cilic last year's semi-finalist
QF[B]: Djokovic/Berdych - Berdych higher seeding than Wawrinka, Stan has already had two night matches in a row anyway
QF[T]: Nadal/Ferrer (most likely) - Dolgopolov unseeded, Murray/Dolgopolov may not be too competitive

In my mind, the only head-scratcher is R3 Monfils/Wawrinka; maybe it was to do with their seedings ([12] v. [19]), but I was assuming it would be Federer/Malisse; even though Malisse wasn't seeded he's renowned as a talented player. Another thing is that Murray seemingly won't have a night match until the semi-finals, but that's partially to do with the 'tasty match-ups' in the early rounds in his half having priority. I suppose they could have substituted Murray/Melzer for Nadal/Cilic, but as outlined above there were probably reasons to choose the latter.

Gnomey
01-25-2011, 12:26 AM
What? Yet another day shift for Federer?

coonster14
01-25-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm wondering if there's a method to their decisions as to who gets night matches...going by my 'reasoning' they based their decisions on (a) whether an Aussie is playing (always the priority :lol:), (b) whether there's a 'blockbuster quality' to the ensuing match-up, and (c) how competitive the match is likely to be, which in turn is based on (d) the seeding or ranking of the players involved in the match:

R1[B]: Djokovic/Granollers - was always going to be Federer or Djokovic; Granollers has a higher ranking (42) than Lacko (97)
R1[T]: Hewitt/Nalbandian - blockbuster match/home favourite
R2[B]: Federer/Simon - blockbuster match, their H2H prior to the match was talked up :lol:
R2[T]: Baghdatis/Del Potro - blockbuster match
R3[B]: Monfils/Wawrinka - :confused: maybe they thought Monfils would be an excitement machine or something...
R3[T]: Nadal/Tomic - home favourite
R4[B]: Roddick/Wawrinka - semi-blockbuster; Djokovic/Almagro wasn't really competitive, Robredo not seeded
R4[T]: Nadal/Cilic - justified since Murray/Melzer wasn't exactly competitive either; Cilic last year's semi-finalist
QF[B]: Djokovic/Berdych - Berdych higher seeding than Wawrinka, Stan has already had two night matches in a row anyway
QF[T]: Nadal/Ferrer (most likely) - Dolgopolov unseeded, Murray/Dolgopolov may not be too competitive

In my mind, the only head-scratcher is R3 Monfils/Wawrinka; maybe it was to do with their seedings ([12] v. [19]), but I was assuming it would be Federer/Malisse; even though Malisse wasn't seeded he's renowned as a talented player. Another thing is that Murray seemingly won't have a night match until the semi-finals, but that's partially to do with the 'tasty match-ups' in the early rounds in his half having priority. I suppose they could have substituted Murray/Melzer for Nadal/Cilic, but as outlined above there were probably reasons to choose the latter.

Thank you for typing this out, it's just what I was thinking about when I saw that Fed got the day match. :yeah:

Mungo
01-25-2011, 01:44 AM

That's because his draw is a joke and his opponents were so easy, organisers don't want snooze fests in night matches

Corey Feldman
01-25-2011, 03:30 AM
its unreal that after Schiavone's 16-14 win late on sat'day they dont give her the night match tonight for 5 or 6 hours extra rest

scumbags

Mjau!
01-25-2011, 03:38 AM
What is so wrong about the schedule? :shrug: I think it a nice schedule. The organizers are doing their best. Perhaps you shouldn't complain so much?

Snowwy
01-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Someone on Twitter suggested Fed's frequent day matches might be to do with slightly below par day match ticket sales, apparently the figures were disappointing for yesterday at least.

I pondered this question a few days ago and got told I'm a biased punk waiting for any opportunity to bash Roger. Oh too funny.

paseo
01-25-2011, 03:47 AM
The organizers want a Fedal final.
They're giving Fed day matches because the conditions are faster when it's hot. Fed plays better in fast conditions.
And they're giving Nadal night matches cause the conditions are slower when it's cold. Nadal plays better in slow conditions.

coonster14
01-25-2011, 04:00 AM
They're giving Fed day matches because the conditions are faster when it's hot. Fed plays better in fast conditions.
And they're giving Nadal night matches cause the conditions are slower when it's cold. Nadal plays better in slow conditions.

Yep, very smart organisers indeed :yeah:

tests
01-25-2011, 04:10 AM
fedal final? Nadal will crush federer..

Mr. Oracle
01-25-2011, 04:34 AM

Which is poetic justice for when Joker tears Fed a new one thursday NIGHT! You can put off the inevitable for only so long Fedtards/organizers!:haha:

nobama
01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
they certainly weren't going to give Wawrinka 3 night matches in a row. Especially considering Berdych hadn't played any night matches on RLA. Heck this is his first match on that court day or night.

solowyn
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Murray hasn't been given a night match on RLA at all, in the end.

Nadal got the night match again tomorrow, 3 in a row. Two seeds so unsurprising, but Murray got a bit unlucky here.

Jomp1
01-25-2011, 10:29 AM
its unreal that after Schiavone's 16-14 win late on sat'day they dont give her the night match tonight for 5 or 6 hours extra rest

scumbags

These type of things are what I loathe, not court differences. But I figure since Puzhniacki is world no.1 and the little poster girl they try to give her some extra help. Absolutely shameful, especially considering Schiavone is the one with the slam and appealing tennis.

A_Skywalker
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
What is so wrong about the schedule? :shrug: I think it a nice schedule. The organizers are doing their best. Perhaps you shouldn't complain so much?

I am sure it is nice for your hero ;)

Corey Feldman
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
i think all 5 of Wozniacki's matches have been day matches

disgraceful

and she only beat Schiavone today after she, predictably, became tired.

Chartreuse
01-25-2011, 11:08 AM
i think all 5 of Wozniacki's matches have been day matches

disgraceful

and she only beat Schiavone today after she, predictably, became tired.

Kim's still winning this.

ossie
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
effin wta is destroying tennis

Start da Game
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
effin wta is destroying tennis

uber effing WTA, before taking equal prizemoney should do the following things,

1. leave way for men on rod laver arena, hisense arena and other show courts.......parking spaces are there to be occupied any time.......

2. play for 5 fucking sets in the middle of the day.......

3. cheerlead during men's matches.......

Start da Game
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
legendary women's players like steffi graf, martina, monica, arantxa, chris evert, billie jean king were never granted equal prizemoney along with men.......why should these uber sucking and grunting shriekapova, mugina muggiams and co. be given equal pay?