AO R3: Murray def. Garcia-Lopez 6-1 6-1 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R3: Murray def. Garcia-Lopez 6-1 6-1 6-2

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Wow. GGL probably played one of his worst matches but Murray was unbeatable, just too good.
I was actually sorry for Willy, he must have felt completely embarrassed. :awww:

scoobs
01-22-2011, 03:02 AM
With exception of 10 minutes at the start of the third set, and a great hot-dog winner in the very first game, GGL was on mental siesta, not at the races at all.

Murray, excellent, but not too much resistance to really test him.

That comes from now on.

Voo de Mar
01-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Garcia-Lopez seeded in a Grand Slam tournament http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/jeremyboycool/facepalm.gif

blank_frackis
01-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Murray played pretty well and would have won anyway, but GGL was hopeless. As soon as he realised Murray could hit a winner off any of his serves he just started going for impossible shots.

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 03:05 AM
I wasn't aware you couldn't say the word "humiliate", whatever.

gjr
01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Murray's in the 4th round and he's barely woken up as yet.

Onwards and Upwards

green25814
01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
GGL sucked. Murray barely needed the screwdriver for this match.

jadey
01-22-2011, 03:07 AM
GGL :o
Andy played well , but the tests will now begin

fast_clay
01-22-2011, 03:09 AM
The Tradesman put in a MacGyver-like performance, needing only a nail file and an empty can of WD40 to get the job done today...

syc23
01-22-2011, 03:10 AM
To conserve energy over the last 3 rounds can only be a good thing. Fatty Bagdahtis and Meltzer is likely to beat each other up over 5 sets so Murray is on course to progress further. Pretty much was a practice session. Can't believe Nadal lost to this clown at last year's Thailand Open.

scoobs
I wasn't aware you couldn't say the word "humiliate", whatever.
You can - I just merged two threads and it picked the title.

Andi-M
Quicker than a WTA match, im liking Andy's efficiency this tournament barely broke a sweat and into 4R :D

swebright
Too easy.

HarryMan
01-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Good tennis from Murray. He was hardly making any errors. Once GGL realized Murray's strengths from the baseline, he went for little too much on his shots and that resulted in many errors.

Murray was really solid and he has barely broken a sweat in reaching the fourth round. This will come in handy in the crucial rounds coming up for him.

bad gambler
01-22-2011, 03:19 AM
GGL with the shot of the tournament on the second point :lol:

fast_clay
01-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Quicker than a WTA match, im liking Andy's efficiency this tournament barely broke a sweat and into 4R :D

The Tradesman has the Grand Slam miles on the clock these days. Nice short week one, very tidy, no loose ends. Clock on and go to work week two... maybe do some overtime in the semi if required.

ApproachShot
01-22-2011, 03:20 AM
I've been impressed with Murray so far in this tournament, but I guess that's nothing new. Aside from Fedal, he is one of the favourites to make the final. Nonetheless, all it takes is for one match to turn things around, and with an opponent who is on fire, we just can't tell how vulnerable or otherwise Murray will be.

Melzer of Baghdatis up next for the Scot - both of whom should be beatable. After that, things will get very interesting.

Getta
01-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Murray, excellent, but not too much resistance to really test him.

That comes from now on.

his fourth-round match is gonna be easy and non-toxic.

shiaben
01-22-2011, 03:25 AM
It is too sad that Murray/Djokovic might not meet, unless they reached the finals.

I really had high expectations of seeing them play at either a QF or SF.

I hope sooner or later they face each other at a hard court slam.

At French, I think Murray is weak. At grass, Nole seems to be inconsistent.

With that said, I think the AO/USO would be ideal to see these 2 meet.

fast_clay
01-22-2011, 03:26 AM

That's true... very true.

But you know The Tradesman. He is still gonna turn up and do a proper job anyway.

Toxic or not... he's still gonna bring the industrial strength gloves with him.

Why...? Cos he's a professional.

scoobs
01-22-2011, 03:27 AM
I think Melzer and Baghdatis can give him grief, both have in the past. It should still be a step up from his first three rounds even if I'm wrong.

Corey Feldman
01-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Keep up the good work, Tradesman

cheriamor
01-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I felt bad for GGL, I wanted Murray to win, but this was just bad. Murray was playing great.

Xristos
01-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Too good this Murray.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 04:02 AM
What the hell, why was my post deleted?

Can't you post anything not sucking up to Mugray here now? :rolleyes:

Fujee
01-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Jolly good show from Murray, that match though - YAWN, did what he had to do, not that he needed to do much. Tradesman enters court via the tradesmans entrance and leaves via there too, a true professional.

allpro
01-22-2011, 04:19 AM
efficient week one but the tradesman doesn’t have enough tools for the soderclown, nadal, federer trifecta.

leng jai
01-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Mind numbingly amazing match

roberthenman
01-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Andy :rocker:

chalkdust
01-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Where did the "Tradesman" nickname for Murray come from? Not been around much lately.

Jimnik
01-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Hope MAndy isn't peaking in the early rounds again.

FlameOn
01-22-2011, 06:49 AM
GGL. :hug:

Good job Muzza. Second week of AO shaping up to be very interesting indeed.

abraxas21
01-22-2011, 07:16 AM
i had put all my vcash on murray so i cant say the win was unexpected but i sure didn't expect to be this easy.

solowyn
01-22-2011, 08:59 AM
VahaDwZEBow

Peaked a tad too early in the match :p

Sonja1989
01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
García-López :sad: :hug:

Certinfy
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Better than any of Federer's :worship:

FlameOn
01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Better than any of Federer's :worship:

Damn right. :hearts:

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Yep, Murray right now looking like a firm candidate for the title, more so than Federer or Nadal. :yeah:

Rafa#Uno:-)
01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
murray looks unbeatable....
murray/fed final is coming up

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Garcia-Lopez seeded in a Grand Slam tournament http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/jeremyboycool/facepalm.gif

Can't believe Nadal lost to this clown at last year's Thailand Open.
Players do have bad days, you know?? :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:
What the hell, why was my post deleted?

Can't you post anything not sucking up to Mugray here now? :rolleyes:
:awww: :awww: :hug:
efficient week one but the tradesman doesn’t have enough tools for the soderclown, nadal, federer trifecta.
You're kidding, right?
Yep, Murray right now looking like a firm candidate for the title, more so than Federer or Nadal. :yeah:
Him and Soderling are playing much better than them, that's for sure. Too bad they have to meet in the quarter-final.

Murray is looking unbeatable atm.

Allez
01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
OK this was a shocking performance from GGL the beautiful tweener notwithstanding. Helpless, hapless and hopeless. Looked like he had a terrible hangover.

Muzza marches on :sport:

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Murray was attacking GGL's backhand restlessly.

Sham Kay
01-22-2011, 04:56 PM
The real test of Murray's mentality and capability of winning this tournament is when he faces some adversity. We'll see how he reacts when/if he faces a good opponent playing incredibly well. I think he'll react well and not fold like a cheap suit under pressure this time.

«Ivan»
01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
too good andrew

DrJules
01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
The real test of Murray's mentality and capability of winning this tournament is when he faces some adversity. We'll see how he reacts when/if he faces a good opponent playing incredibly well. I think he'll react well and not fold like a cheap suit under pressure this time.

The main danger man to Murray here is Djokovic. Nadal will need to play his best to beat Murray and I am not sure he is in the shape to do so (the masters year end semi-final took a special performance to beat Murray from Nadal and he looked exhausted after the 3rd set). Murray can do what Simon did to Federer, but better and has more offensive options. The rentless Lendl like grinding from Djokovic could be the biggest obstacle.

Allez
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM
The main danger man to Murray here is Djokovic. Nadal will need to play his best to beat Murray and I am not sure he is in the shape to do so (the masters year end semi-final took a special performance to beat Murray from Nadal and he looked exhausted after the 3rd set). Murray can do what Simon did to Federer, but better and has more offensive options. The rentless Lendl like grinding from Djokovic could be the biggest obstacle.

This. A healthy Nadal playing his best tennis would beat Murray but this Nadal is either playing up to solidify his cherished underdog status or is still feeling the after effects of the flu. However I have to add that a tough match against Soderling would serve as an equaliser in a potential Murray/ Nadal semi irrespective of Nadal's physical state of being. Fed is no threat to this version of Murray, but Djokovic is a huge threat.

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 05:31 PM

You think Djoko beating Federer is a done deal? :devil:

I also need to see Djoko playing a tough opponent, I think Almagro will be very feisty but not the kind of challenge that can put Djoko in a bad place. Berdych/Verdasco will be a different story, very tough QF whoever he faces.

As for Nadal, seeing him against Tomic and all the problems he has had with his fitness so far, I don't think he will even get to the final. Either Murray or Sod will take him down in semis. So this could really be the best chance for Murray to win his first slam. Nadal won't be the usual challenge for him. The final though will be a different story.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
The truth is: everybody rants about Nadull and Frauderer's easy draws but just check out Mugray's draw! It's pathetically easy.

One could think the easy draws are just coincidences but I'm not buying that. What an awfully weak era.

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 05:33 PM
This. A healthy Nadal playing his best tennis would beat Murray but this Nadal is either playing up to solidify his cherished underdog status or is still feeling the after effects of the flu. However I have to add that a tough match against Soderling would serve as an equaliser in a potential Murray/ Nadal semi irrespective of Nadal's physical state of being. Fed is no threat to this version of Murray, but Djokovic is a huge threat.

Why do you think Djoko is a bigger threat to Murray than Federer? :scratch:
They haven't played each other in a year and a half. :shrug:

Allez
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Why do you think Djoko is a bigger threat to Murray than Federer? :scratch:
They haven't played each other in a year and a half. :shrug:

Only due to the match up scenario. Nole is way too consistant and is a big match player. Murray's loss to Fed last year was more mental than anything else imho :shrug: I doubt that he hasn't matured since that loss. As the previous poster said Murray can do everything that Simon can do but with a lot of variety and craftiness at his disposal. However all the guile in the world will not be enough to put Nole away :(

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Only due to the match up scenario. Nole is way too consistant and is a big match player. Murray's loss to Fed last year was more mental than anything else imho :shrug: I doubt that he hasn't matured since that loss. As the previous poster said Murray can do everything that Simon can do but with a lot of variety and craftiness at his disposal. However all the guile in the world will not be enough to put Nole away :(
Djokovic is not a bigger threat than Federer. Djokovic has lost their last 3 matches (6 sets) and will most likely lose again if they meet in the final.

Yazoo.C
01-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Great, Well done Andy. :D

Allez
01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Djokovic is not a bigger threat than Federer. Djokovic has lost their last 3 matches (6 sets) and will most likely lose again if they meet in the final.

None of those matches were grand slam finals. The last time they played was too long ago in a period when Djokovic was in a serious slump.

DrJules
01-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Djokovic may be the least talented of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, but it does not mean his mechanical solidity, relentlessness play and solidity are not very dangerous. The much more talented McEnroe had the same problem with Lendl in the 80s. Djokovic is the modern day Lendl with a little less charisma, talent and application.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:14 PM
The truth is: everybody rants about Nadull and Frauderer's easy draws but just check out Mugray's draw! It's pathetically easy.

One could think the easy draws are just coincidences but I'm not buying that. What an awfully weak era.

then stop following tennis or stop whining around

it's pathetic

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Djokovic may be the least talented of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, but it does not mean his mechanical solidity, relentlessness play and solidity are not very dangerous. The much more talented McEnroe had the same problem with Lendl in the 80s. Djokovic is the modern day Lendl with a little less charisma, talent and application.

:rolleyes:

Blackbriar
01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Murray-Soderling will be a big shock, one of them could overthrow Nadal in semis.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:22 PM
What are you rolling your eyes at?? :lol:
Djokovic is the least talented of the Big 4.
Also, he said Djokovic has relentless will (I don't agree) and solidity, but you roll your eyes?
There's no pleasing you when it comes to Djokovic, is there?
We're allowed saying Djokovic is amazing, talented and one of the best players ever but we're not allowed saying anything bad about him :haha:

DrJules
01-22-2011, 06:23 PM

If Djokovic achieves half what Lendl achieved he will have been a massive achiever on the tennis court.

Allez
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
What?

His post is correct, what are you rolling your eyes at?? :lol:

You may want specify names as Murray's no longer part of the "Big 4" according to the ATP rankings ;)

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:29 PM
You may want specify names as Murray's no longer part of the "Big 4" according to the ATP rankings ;)
Big 4 and top 4 are different things.

Top 4 = top 4 in rankings (Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Soderling)
Big 4 = slam threats, 4 best players on tour (Murray, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic).
I guess we should call it the Big 5 now though, since Soderling has joined the top ranks.

Djokovic is the least threatening of the Big 5.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
What are you rolling your eyes at?? :lol:
Also, he said Djokovic has relentless will (I don't agree) and solidity, but you roll your eyes?
There's no pleasing you when it comes to Djokovic, is there?
We're allowed saying Djokovic is amazing, talented and one of the best players ever but we're not allowed saying anything bad about him :haha:

Djokovic >>>>>>>>>>> Murray

anytime, anywhere...

1 Slam > 0 Slam's

so please STFU

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:34 PM
and yea, it gotta be the fact that Djoker is untalented for being #3 in last 4-5 years... :rolleyes:

blah

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Djokovic >>>>>>>>>>> Murray

anytime, anywhere...

1 Slam > 0 Slam's

so please STFU
Maybe when it comes to careers so far, but atm it's Murray >>>>>>> Djokovic.
Murray has eased through his matches, Djokovic lost a set to Dodig :lol:

Murray is a dangerous player all the time, Djokovic is not and has kept his no.3 ranking because of easy draws and choking opponents (Rochus, Troicki). He is extremely lucky he has gotten these opponents. Had it been more mentally strong players, he would've lost, and if he had lost those 1st round matches, he would be ranked no.5 atm instead of Murray.

So, you're wrong.

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 06:37 PM
and yea, it gotta be the fact that Djoker is untalented for being #3 in last 4-5 years... :rolleyes:

blah

Exactly. Those murraytards are amazing. :rolleyes:

Mechlan
01-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Easy stuff for Muzza, should get slightly trickier in the next round. I'm glad Murray's had an easy draw because it's usually in the 3R/4R that he gets thoroughly outplayed by a bigger hitter on their game. Things shaping up nicely for the second week.

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Maybe when it comes to careers so far, but atm it's Murray >>>>>>> Djokovic.
Murray has eased through his matches, Djokovic lost a set to Dodig :lol:

Murray is a dangerous player all the time, Djokovic is not and has kept his no.3 ranking because of easy draws and choking opponents (Rochus, Troicki). He is extremely lucky he has gotten these opponents. Had it been more mentally strong players, he would've lost, and if he had lost those 1st round matches, he would be ranked no.5 atm instead of Murray.

So, you're wrong.

I'm sorry to say this, but you are retarded. There isn't any other reasonable explanation.

I support Murray just like I support JDMP, Nadal, Federer... I support tennis. I respect every single player but of course as a Serb I support Djoker the most. But I don't discredit other guys like you do.

So please GTFO with that fanboism, it's fucking pathetic.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Exactly. Those murraytards are amazing. :rolleyes:
At the end off 2010 the points difference between Murray and Djokovic was about 200/300.
Murray = no.5 based almost purely on 4 tournaments (Australian Open, Shanghai, Toronto and Wimbledon). Djokovic = no.3 based on tonnes of tournaments, and he wasn't even ahead of Murray that much.

Djokovic has kept his no.3 ranking based on small tournament wins, getting easy opponents, chokers, mugs and cakewalks.

Murray gets harder opponents, which is why he has lost early in some tournaments.

The fact that Djokovic was only 200/300 ppints ahead of a player who only played half of the year in good form and won almost all of his points from 4 tournaments is pathetic for a no.3 player.

Murray >>>>>>> Djokovic nowadays, shame that the rankings don't reflect that.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but you are retarded. There isn't any other reasonable explanation.

I support Murray just like I support JDMP, Nadal, Federer... I support tennis. I respect every single player but of course as a Serb I support Djoker the most. But I don't discredit other guys like you do.

Calm down, no need to resort to insults :lol:

I like tennis too, big whoop! :clap2: We have something in common :clap2:
I like other players, not only Murray as well, just in case you didn't know.
I hate Djokovic and Nadal, but I'm not being biased here when I say Djokovic is lucky to have his no.3 ranking :wavey:

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:42 PM
At the end off 2010 the points difference between Murray and Djokovic was about 200/300.
Murray = no.5 based almost purely on 4 tournaments (Australian Open, Shanghai, Toronto and Wimbledon). Djokovic = no.3 based on tonnes of tournaments, and he wasn't even ahead of Murray that much.

Djokovic has kept his no.3 ranking based on small tournament wins, getting easy opponents, chokers, mugs and cakewalks.

Murray gets harder opponents, which is why he has lost early in some tournaments.

The fact that Djokovic was only 200/300 ppints ahead of a player who only played half of the year in good form and won almost all of his points from 4 tournaments is pathetic for a no.3 player.

Murray >>>>>>> Djokovic nowadays, shame that the rankings don't reflect that.

and HOW THE FUCK is that possible?

The only reflection if some guy is >>>> over the other are rankings.

Your explanations are so fucking pathetic it makes me ROFL

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM

I've been saying this for ages now, but the little fellow won't shut up. He doesn't know the first thing about tennis, it's sad.
Even though I have him on my ignore list i still bump into his quotes all the time. There is no escape to his bullshit. :o

MilosSs
Calm down, no reason to resort to insults :lol:

I like tennis too, big woop! :clap2: I like other players, not only Murray as well. I hate Djokovic and Nadal, but I'm not being biased here when I say Djokovic is lucky to have his no.3 ranking.

yeah and winning a slam was a cakewalk, easy draw right?

STFU please... You should be happy with the only guy from GB in top 100000000000000000

we have three guys only in top 50...

and Djoker proved a zillion of times he has cojones of steel, which sadly cannot be said for your guy

Allez
Big 4 and top 4 are different things.

Top 4 = top 4 in rankings (Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Soderling)
Big 4 = slam threats, 4 best players on tour (Murray, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic).
I guess we should call it the Big 5 now though, since Soderling has joined the top ranks.

Djokovic is the least threatening of the Big 5.

Soderling is also a two time slam finalists and at the moment is the 4th ranked player in the world. He's just won a tune up tournament as well. If you call it the Big 5 then Murray is at the bottom of that pile until he posts enough wins to take him clear of Soderling. Anyway this is a ridiculous argument to be making because in essence we both support Murray and believe that talent-wise he is > than Soderling.

Allez
01-22-2011, 06:46 PM
I've been saying this for ages now, but the little fellow won't shut up. He doesn't know the first thing about tennis, it's sad.
Even though I have him on my ignore list i still bump into his quotes all the time. There is no escape to his bullshit. :o

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:47 PM
yeah and winning a slam was a cakewalk, easy draw right?
Djokovic was at his best then, but it was a fluke. He won't win another one, and he faced mono Fed and Tsonga (who only played well in the first set) in that tournament.
Since then, he has been pretty pathetic when compared to Murray, Federer and Nadal, who have all won way more tournaments than him since then.
Murray has won 6 MS titles since Djokovic's Aussie Open. Djokovic has won 3. Federer has won 3 too (but has won 4 slams since then). Nadal has won 9.
STFU please... You should be happy with the only guy from GB in top 100000000000000000
Actually, we have about 20 guys in the top 1000, which is good considering tennis is pathetic in Britain.
we have three guys only in top 50...
Djokovic: keeps his ranking because of tonnes of tournaments played, chokers, mugs and cakewalk easy draws (only faced about 4 top 10 players in last years slams :lol: :tape:)
Troicki: Potential top 10 player, but chokes (against Djokovic at US Open last year).
Tipsarevic: Choker. Mental clown. Always has been, always will be.

Murray: Stayed in the top 5 based almost solely on 4 tournaments. How many players can do that? Looking much better than Djokovic nowadays.

At the end of the day, when all of them retire, I think you'll see that Murray will have the better career :)

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:48 PM
talent cannot be compared for hard-work

because only talent doesn't bring you the results

Djokovic proved his quality and consistence for being #3 in ages

Murray is always hanging there doing nothing significant (in terms of taking Djoker's spot).

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 06:49 PM
bla bla bla BS BS BS....

At the end of the day, when all of them retire, I think you'll see that Murray will have the better career :)

WHEN??????

In next millennium?

GET.REAL.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Of course, just look at Davydenko. Huge talent, no slams.
He proved that you don't need to play well to be no.3.
You just need a lot of luck and a lot of easy opponents.
Murray is always hanging there doing nothing significant (in terms of taking Djoker's spot).Nothing signifact = winning more masters titles, more titles and winning against harder opponents more often nowadays?
Lmao.
WHEN??????

In next millennium?

GET.REAL.
No, when they retire:
Can't you read?

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 07:08 PM
go get a life...

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 07:09 PM
go get a life...
No mature response then? :lol:

Seriously, what kind of response is this? Are you 10 or something?

Oh well, it was nice arguing with you. Cya! :wavey:

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 07:20 PM
No mature response then? :lol:

Seriously, what kind of response is this? Are you 10 or something?

Oh well, it was nice arguing with you. Cya! :wavey:

Says the most prolific bad repper in this forum.

Oh the irony!

MilosSs
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Says the most prolific bad repper in this forum.

Oh the irony!

:lol: Prolific!

I received two back2back bad reps from him because I LOL'd that he made it to the semis of this certain ACC contest thing they have here last year.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
:lol: Prolific!

I received two back2back bad reps from him because I LOL'd that he made it to the semis of this certain ACC contest thing they have here last year.

As soon as he manages to bad rep the minimum amount of people required, he'll bad rep you again. :lol:

Nole fan
01-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Pete Bodo:

"Many have remarked that Tomic reminds them somewhat of Andy Murray, but I'm not sure being another Murray - but without the retrieving ability and transition (defense to offense) game - is a particularly valuable ambition".

Sorry, that just made me laugh. :lol:

Allez
01-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Pete Bodo:

"Many have remarked that Tomic reminds them somewhat of Andy Murray, but I'm not sure being another Murray - but without the retrieving ability and transition (defense to offense) game - is a particularly valuable ambition".

He said what ??? What a senile old man :mad: I am glad he tempered his unecessary dig at Murray with an acknowledgement of his superior movement and his ability to turn defence into offence. Aspiring to be Murray like is a good thing ;)

DrJules
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
talent cannot be compared for hard-work

Murray is always hanging there doing nothing significant (in terms of taking Djoker's spot).

The whole package of mental toughness, talent and application to varying degrees is essential. Some like Nalbandian and Gasquet lack in the application area and others like Ferrer and Roddick have plenty of toughness and application, but limited by their talent.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Transition from defence to offence?

Does offence even belong to Mugray's dictionary? :lol:

DrJules
01-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Pete Bodo:

Very true.

You need the complete game and not just part of the Murray game.

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 07:51 PM
As soon as he manages to bad rep the minimum amount of people required, he'll bad rep you again. :lol:

Tool! :lol:

Allez
01-22-2011, 07:52 PM
The whole package of mental toughness, talent and application to varying degrees is essential. Some like Nalbandian and Gasquet lack in the application area and others like Ferrer and Roddick have plenty of toughness and application, but limited by their talent.

Man you're on a roll today :yeah:

Allez
01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Transition from defence to offence?

Does offence even belong to Mugray's dictionary? :lol:

Were you following tennis @ around the USO 2008 ? If so, what did you think of Murray's game in the semis ? ;)

Roger the Dodger
01-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Dr Jules makes sense even with three fluffy balls in his mouth! :)

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Were you following tennis @ around the USO 2008 ? If so, what did you think of Murray's game in the semis ? ;)

Oh mate, c'mon.

Nadull is not within fair grounds of comparison. The way he moonballs, there's no other option for a player but to attack. That's just a particular match-up imperative. Mugray plays defence 99% of the time.

Allez
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh mate, c'mon.

Nadull is not within fair grounds of comparison. The way he moonballs, there's no other option for a player but to attack. That's just a particular match-up imperative. Mugray plays defence 99% of the time.

Yet you all but declared Tomic a pusher in last night's match. How come he wasn't playing attacking tennis if that is the only option that any player has against Nadal ? I get you don't think much of Murray's game, but try to at least remain consistent in your reasoning...:p

You know very well that when push comes to shove Murray can be very aggressive. His wins against both Nadal and Federer in the Masters events can attest to that ;)

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Yet you all but declared Tomic a pusher in last night's match. How come he wasn't playing attacking tennis if that is the only option that any player has against Nadal ? I get you don't think much of Murray's game, but try to at least remain consistent in your reasoning...:p

You know very well that when push comes to shove Murray can be very aggressive. His wins against both Nadal and Federer in the Masters events can attest to that ;)

It's not the first time I watch Tomic play, mate. As I have just said, matches against Nadull can't be taken as basis for comparison. Tomic against Lopez was hitting shots so soft they bounced 90% of the time inside the service line and not very high.

Mugray is offensive against Nadull, ok. He's not against Frauderer, quite the contrary.

Sapeod
01-22-2011, 08:27 PM
GlennMirnyi, have you seen Murray play lately? Very aggressive.
In fact, his errors are mostly because he is trying to be too aggressive in the point.

Allez
01-22-2011, 08:45 PM
It's not the first time I watch Tomic play, mate. As I have just said, matches against Nadull can't be taken as basis for comparison. Tomic against Lopez was hitting shots so soft they bounced 90% of the time inside the service line and not very high.

Mugray is offensive against Nadull, ok. He's not against Frauderer, quite the contrary.

I never implied it was your first time. Don't get all defensive about something as insignificant as having seen Tomic play before :cool: My point is that you were incorrect to insinuate that every player has no option but to play aggressively against Nadal because of his "moonballing" tennis. If that were the case Tomic would have played aggressively last night. All of that was to point out to you that Murray can play aggressive tennis to counter your earlier erroneous claim that he is nothing but a pusher.

So now that we both agree that Murray can play both defence and offence pretty well let's get back to Bodo's point...Tomic needs to be able to turn defensive play into attacking play if he is to be compared with the likes of Murray.

Simples ;)