AO R32: Dolgopolov d. Tsonga 3-6 6-3 3-6 6-1 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R32: Dolgopolov d. Tsonga 3-6 6-3 3-6 6-1 6-1

Caio_Brasil
01-22-2011, 03:48 AM
What a tournament :worship:

Dolgo is so fun to watch.

W!MBLEDON
01-22-2011, 03:48 AM
tanked the last two sets

viruzzz
01-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Pathetic from Tsonga.
So pissed off with him.

Voo de Mar
Has Kuznetsova more feminine face than Dolgopolov :confused:

azinna
Serious fade by Tsonga.

tennizen
Dolgo learns to beat Tsonga well and good.

TheBoiledEgg
01-22-2011, 03:50 AM
what a pathetic effort from Tsonga

what did he think he was doing ???

copying Ali vs Foreman and just standing there and taking it and hoping Dolgopolov would tire out ??

Ashlar77
Nice win for Dolgopolov. :yeah: Total tank job those last 2 sets from Tsonga. :shrug:

bleu_cheese
Revenge of sorts. I only got to watch the end of the last set, no tension at all.
:worship: Dolgopolov :worship:

henke007
Did Tsonga loose his one braincell??

solowyn
01-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Dolgo :yeah: Best slam result yet. Obvious he had a good chance here with Tsonga looking shaky in the last few rounds.

cobalt60
01-22-2011, 03:51 AM
What a tournament :worship:

Dolgo is so fun to watch.

Agree:yeah:

FlameOn
01-22-2011, 03:53 AM
:worship:

Great win.

Tsonga. :cuckoo:

Wolfy
01-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Goth Wins :)

Jomp1
01-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Last two sets, what a joke by Tsonga. Strategic tank in the 4th set just to tank some more in the 5th.. Good riddance.

The Magician
01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Stronga is temporary, Clownga is forever :o

tennishero
01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Dolgo is seriously fast, future top 10 for sure.

superandy88
01-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Yes!!
But Tsonga after an excellent first set couln't hit one ball on court.
Bad match, but I'm so happy for Olek.
Against Soderling he has nohing to lose.

Sauletekis
01-22-2011, 03:57 AM
I'm very happy for Olek. Clearly the player with more talent won today, so it's a double win (either for Dolgopolov and tennis). I'm enjoying the results of AO. A lot of young players really doing well.

GHETTOTENNIS
So happy for Dolgo but Tsonga's pathetic effort kinda kills it a bit.

Really looking forward to Dolgo/Söderling

solowyn
180 pts then for Dolgo, puts him back in the top 40.

Henry Chinaski
01-22-2011, 03:58 AM
someone explain that scoreline to me please

swebright
01-22-2011, 03:58 AM
This Dolgo is seriously sexy !!!!!

green25814
01-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Has Kuznetsova more feminine face than Dolgopolov :confused:

They could be twins.

Tsonga was pretty crap.

Start da Game
01-22-2011, 04:06 AM
folks, another "the most talented frenchman" for you........

ApproachShot
01-22-2011, 04:12 AM
Dolgopolov played some good tennis and deservedly wins the mach. This is the first time he has reached the 4th round of a Grand Slam tournament and I think he can repeat the feat at all of the other majors too at some point in the future.

As for Tsonga, watching the last two sets were just painful - especially considering the type of game that we know he is capable of playing.

Andi-M
01-22-2011, 04:17 AM
pathetic last 2 sets JWT seriously lame :( Congrats Dolgopolopododaa.

tennisfan856
01-22-2011, 04:21 AM
good for the game. Tsonga needs to realize he hasn't achieved anything yet and get back to that hungry attitude he had a couple years ago. He was clowning around with his box during the seppi match so he needs to wake the f up.

Arkulari
01-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Wow, didn't expect this one :eek: :eek: :eek:
Congrats to Dolgo, but what's happening to Tsonga? :o

Voo de Mar
01-22-2011, 04:37 AM

Probably right hip :o

Arkulari
01-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Probably right hip :o

He's too heavy for tennis :sad:

Xristos
01-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Good win.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Tsonga isn't in form for best of 5-set matches for sure.

oranges
01-22-2011, 04:47 AM
:(

out_here_grindin
01-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Dolgopolov.:worship: Unique thinker on the court

Start da Game
01-22-2011, 05:05 AM
tsonga is a clown suited for arm wrestling or something, not tennis........he cannot hit a proper forehand for ffs........the technique on the forehand is flawed, the motion is jerky and not free flowing........he gets away bashing the ball, when they go in he wins, when they don't he loses........the worst part of his game is his defense.......one of the worst defenses among the top 20 players........

leng jai
01-22-2011, 05:14 AM
Hard for the guy to resist the bread cravings after 3 sets.

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 05:27 AM
tsonga is a clown suited for arm wrestling or something, not tennis........he cannot hit a proper forehand for ffs........the technique on the forehand is flawed, the motion is jerky and not free flowing........he gets away bashing the ball, when they go in he wins, when they don't he loses........the worst part of his game is his defense.......one of the worst defenses among the top 20 players........

:retard:

A Nadull fangirl talking down other players' technique.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Start da Game
01-22-2011, 05:35 AM
:retard:

A Nadull fangirl talking down other players' technique.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

stepanek fangirls like you have no right to even post replies to the spartan brigade........stepanek who? there should be no entry to GM.......

GlennMirnyi
01-22-2011, 05:46 AM
stepanek fangirls like you have no right to even post replies to the spartan brigade........stepanek who? there should be no entry to GM.......

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I reply to whomever I want to, fangirl. :)

Go back to the Nadull forum and stop bothering the adults here. Nobody cares for your "analysis" of players' techniques. Especially considering you've never even picked up a tennis racket in your life, and it shows.

*Jean*
01-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Alex :yeah: impressive stuff!

Experimentee
01-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Dolgo pleayed well, but to be fair, Tsonga was clearly injured and not 100%. He had trouble moving out to his right and also serving problems. He has looked to be struggling physically since the first round. I think he knew he couldn't win with his injury, but didn't want to retire in such a big tournament.

Start da Game
01-22-2011, 06:28 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I reply to whomever I want to, fangirl. :)

Go back to the Nadull forum and stop bothering the adults here. Nobody cares for your "analysis" of players' techniques. Especially considering you've never even picked up a tennis racket in your life, and it shows.

stepanek fangirl, just shut it.......stepanek is 10% of what even clownga is........fangirling stepanek is a sin, get over it.......

GasquetFan
01-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Glad to see Dolgopolov doing well :)

Jelena
01-22-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm very happy for Olek. Clearly the player with more talent won today, so it's a double win (either for Dolgopolov and tennis). I'm enjoying the results of AO. A lot of young players really doing well.
I agree
Nor did I, I was very surprised when I saw the score on fb
stepanek fangirl, just shut it.......stepanek is 10% of what even clownga is........fangirling stepanek is a sin, get over it.......
:spit:

Certinfy
01-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Jo :o

Puschkin
01-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Tsonga was clearly injured and not 100%. He had trouble moving out to his right and also serving problems. He has looked to be struggling physically since the first round. I think he knew he couldn't win with his injury, but didn't want to retire in such a big tournament.

But is it intelligent to play in these circumstances?

Young 8
01-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Q. How do you explain the five set loss?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Because maybe he was better than me. That's it. He was better than me. He played a better match. He was more consistent maybe than me. That's why.

Q. What disappointed you about your game? Any particular thing?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, maybe I broke all the time in the first three sets I broke first, and after that he broke back. I didn't play really my game after that. That's why maybe I'm disappointed.

Q. You kept hitting your hip. Did that slow down your movement at the end of the match?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, no, no.

Q. What was your emotion as the match started to get away from you? How did you try and get back on top?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, every day I try to get back on top. I was injured for long months. So I need, you know, some reason. Of course, it's not like this (snapping fingers). You don't do it like this (snapping fingers).

It's okay. You play well, you play your best level every time, and you are constant. No, it's not like this.

I try every day to play, to be better. But sometimes, you know, you have some problem to be really concentrate, and that's it. I think today I lose this match because I need maybe more matches, more competition, and that's it.

Q. So it became a fitness thing in the end? Is that what it was? It went to five, and that's why those last two sets were so hard?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Yeah, maybe fitness. But for me it's reasonable, you know. Because when you are used to play every day, you know, two, three hours, to play one match every day, every week, after that, you know, you get used to play a match like this.

But I'm not. So I need that. So maybe it's good. I will go out of this tournament. Yeah, I'm out of this tournament, so I can prepare the next tournament. Maybe in the season I will feel better and better every day.

Q. Looking ahead to tonight's game, young Bernard Tomic has a tough job against Rafael Nadal. What would you do if you were Bernard Tomic going against the No. 1?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: Just to play his game and take pleasure. It's not every day you play the No. 1 of the world. I think it's an opportunity for him to give everything and to show his face to the public.

Q. You said you were out of rhythm out there today. How do you actually feel like you're hitting the ball at the moment?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: I hit the ball well, but maybe I don't move enough well.

Q. How much did you know about your opponent going in, and what did you learn about him coming out of the match insofar as his game is concerned?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: You know, I played him one time already in Wimbledon, and it was tough also. So I learn it's a good player. Maybe next time I will try to be better. That's it.

Q. Is there anything about his game maybe that changed since you faced him at Wimbledon?

JO WILFRIED TSONGA: No, not really. I think today was just about me and not about this.

Pirao666
Very well done, I wonder if this win will improve his confidence and allow him to have more consistent results at every tournament from now on.

Shirogane
But is it intelligent to play in these circumstances?

His choice. Agassi did that vs Nieminen for his last match at RG... Well I'm pretty sure Fed would too, since RF never retires once he's on the court...

solowyn
01-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Very well done, I wonder if this win will improve his confidence and allow him to have more consistent results at every tournament from now on.
He said in his presser that he's been concentrating on his fitness too, as he didn't feel that fit last year. "Well, this year I got a lot stronger physically. I worked out consistently in the preparation for the year. So I'm feeling a lot better. I don't have to risk that much as I did last year. Feeling good, feeling solid, so I can really get my game up with the level because I don't need to do, you know, like stupid shots, you know, miss a lot." :lol:

Helevorn
01-22-2011, 10:37 AM
http://images.whereilive.com.au/images/uploads/2010/12/13/cfe39a69054b9a1d21cc8315b0de528d_resized.jpg

Hatas gonna hate. Epic win :worship:

Jacques_Ukraine
01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Alexandr Dolgopolov - 22.01.11

Q. Do you consider this the biggest success of your career so far?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Yeah, pretty much. Of course, it's the second week of a slam, you know. Beating Jo, he's a really big player, in five sets. So for sure it's probably the biggest match I've won for now.

Q. What turned it around for you? You were twice a set down.

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, I could see he's pretty tired. His physical form is not probably the best now. In the second set I could come up from a break down, and I was just holding on. He had a really good third set.

I was up a break, and he just started hitting winners. I had to hold on and play consistent, try to make him more tired.

Q. You will now play Soderling. How will you take him down?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, you know, he's a really good player. I'll just have to hold on and try to do my best game, you know, be consistent because he's really good server. On the baseline he's really solid.

I'll have to do my best and give him a fight, and maybe a bit of luck.

Q. Serves very well from the baseline. Can you spot any weaknesses in his game?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, everybody has weaknesses. But I've never played him, so I'll probably see on the match. I'll discuss it with my coach and see how it goes.

Q. What was the plan for this match since the last match at Wimbledon?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: This match I was more fit physically so I could run more. I tried to make him play long rallies, because, you know, Wimbledon I wasn't that fit last year. So I had to risk more myself.

Today it paid off that I played more consistently and made less unforced errors.

Q. We remember Andrei Medvedev talk about how he used to hit with you when you were five, pretending you were his son. What do you remember at that time when your dad was coaching him and you were on the tour?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, I had a good time. I was always around the players' lounge playing with all the stars there. Everybody knew me. I had a good time. I was in the tennis circuit.

I was with Andrei, always cheering for him. A lot of stories I remember from them.

Q. How long did it go on for? How old were you when it started, and how old were you when you had to go to school?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: I think it started, I was about three years old when my father start to coach him. It went on for three, four years. Then they broke up and they got back again at '98. So another year. I was like 10 years old at that stage. So maybe four, five years I traveled. Some I remember, some I don't.

Q. When did you decide to be a professional tennis player?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, I was just practicing, you know, and my father is a coach, so it just went there. Probably at 10 years old I started, like, practicing professionally. Less school and more into tennis.

Q. How tough is it for you?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, this year I got a lot stronger physically. I worked out consistently in the preparation for the year. So I'm feeling a lot better. I don't have to risk that much as I did last year. Feeling good, feeling solid, so I can really get my game up with the level because I don't need to do, you know, like stupid shots, you know, miss a lot.

So I'm getting more solid, more consistent, of course playing better.

Q. Who was your favorite player 10 years ago?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: 10 years ago? I always like Andrei, how he played. I liked Marcelo Rios' style. Probably those two.

Q. Now?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Now it's tough to say. You know, I'm in the circuit.

Q. Who do you like to watch the most?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Probably Roger, because I like, you know, different shots. It's pretty fun to watch Rafa, as well. He's like totally a different type of player.

But everybody has something in his game that is interesting to watch. But I'm not into watching tennis a lot, apart from being on tour. I like to, you know, relax and keep away from tennis.

Q. You say you have a lot of stories from the time when you were a kid. Have you got one or two you can share with us?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: Well, there was once when my parents lost me. I was pretty small then. They lost me somewhere on the site. They found me. I was surrounded with all these people. I couldn't read or write. They were taking my autograph. I was just writing letters, like Alex.

Q. Do you like to make some show on the court during the match?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: For sure, I enjoy it on the court. Sometimes I do really good shots. So I like it on the court. I like competing. Even if I'm losing, I'm trying to, you know, be positive on the court. Some players, you look at them, and they're like having a bad time there, they're struggling.

I'm trying to keep away of that. Of course, sometimes you get really pissed if you're playing bad or something. But it's life.

Q. You have hands very fast and you think very quick. Did you do other sports or do you do some different things with your hands?

ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV: No, I think it's just how I am, you know, naturally. I don't do much of different sports. I'm in tennis from three years. Never done anything else. Playing tennis all my life.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-22/201101221295672198519.html

Mjau!
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I always thought O.Dolgopolov was the talented one.

Young 8
01-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I love when people don't even check other posts.......

Orka_n
01-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Terrible from Tsonga.
Excellent from Dolgo. :worship:

Har-Tru
01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Cut that fuken hair down Dolgopolov will you.

nalbyfan
01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Tsonga was injured but as he said once in l'Equipe 'If I played only when I feel no pain, I would never play"...when you see the numberous retirements of the tourney, he's not the only one to have physical problems

Chartreuse
01-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Dolgo is awesome.

Pirao666
01-22-2011, 04:45 PM
He said in his presser that he's been concentrating on his fitness too, as he didn't feel that fit last year. "Well, this year I got a lot stronger physically. I worked out consistently in the preparation for the year. So I'm feeling a lot better. I don't have to risk that much as I did last year. Feeling good, feeling solid, so I can really get my game up with the level because I don't need to do, you know, like stupid shots, you know, miss a lot." :lol:

Damn Dolgopolov :lol:

It's good that he's more fit now because I have always thinked he was talented since I saw him against Nadal on clay last year, I wonder how far he'll go this year, can he got into the top 20?