AO R3: Roddick squezzes past Haase 2-6 7-6(2) 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R3: Roddick squezzes past Haase 2-6 7-6(2) 6-2 6-2

COA
01-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Good one.

FlameOn
01-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Credit to Andy I suppose. He weathered the storm of Haase playing championship form tennis through the first two sets up till the tiebreak.

Haase' collapse in the tiebreak was bad bad bad. :o But he played so amazing for half the match. Out of his mind.

tennizen
01-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Haase played a horrible tiebreak in the second set.

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Shows why Roddick is always so dangerous here. His fitness and tenacity just wear out his opponents, especially in the day sessions.

Gladiator
01-21-2011, 03:00 AM
I thought ROD would not lose a set, but still impressive

Mr. Butterfly
01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Hope Haase stays healthy - shame he rolled his ankle in the 1st, though he caught fire from it and was completely dominating Andy. 2 double faults in the tie break. His knee was bothering him also, kept getting tangled up. Haase has huge game though, again really hope he can get his fitness sound.

Lopez
Haase played well the first two sets but Roddick hung tough and waited for his chances. Though it has to be said that Haase seemed to struggle with his knee a lot later on in the match, credit to him that he didn't retire.

Henry Chinaski
Haase has so much game but fuck knows if he will ever get over his physical issues

I think the main reason he didn't retire is that Roddick told him to

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Haase deserved it for faking that injury for 3 sets.

FlameOn
01-21-2011, 03:09 AM
hope federer humiliates this disgusting person in the QF.

how anyone can be a roddick fan after the shit he did today is beyond me.

He also tried to take out Federer in Madrid '09 with a first serve. :lol: The guy's a class A idiot.

Lopez
Haase has so much game but fuck knows if he will ever get over his physical issues

Was that a joke or did Roddick really say that? If so, what an ass (not that that's any news :rolleyes:)

oranges
Robin needs to learn to shake off those mini chokes quickly, if not avoid them in the first place. Can't just completely go away like that. Loved that roar, but it was a bit too late :lol: Great to see him doing well in general and hope to see him pull off a win the next time he plays a top tenner and dominates for a good while. Very, very nice game.

Duck needs no words, same ol' same ol'. Someone put him out of his misery. I'm not keen on wathcing it for a few more rounds.

oranges
01-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Shows why Roddick is always so dangerous here. His fitness and tenacity just wear out his opponents, especially in the day sessions.

The opponents are not the only ones worn out, the spectators are in the same boat.

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Nah, Roddick's aces always aim to please.

Mjau!
01-21-2011, 03:15 AM

He said that??? :help: :tape:

GasquetFan
01-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Awful player, awful person, hope Wawrinka/Monfils destroy him. :wavey:

Henry Chinaski
01-21-2011, 03:17 AM
I didn't hear it but Timotheus mentioned it in the livescore thread and he is a trustworthy guy.

Roddick allegedly told Haase he should throw in the towel

Snowwy
01-21-2011, 03:19 AM
I didn't hear it but Timotheus mentioned it in the livescore thread and he is a trustworthy guy.

Roddick allegedly told Haase he should throw in the towel

I did not hear that but it was clear Haase quit.

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Oh Haase "quit" just not "officially."

shadows
01-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Haase was fucking brilliant for almost 2 sets despite injury, then choked the breaker and never really got back into it while hurting himself further. Such a shame

Roddick still as boring as ever

Mjau!
01-21-2011, 03:25 AM
It's possible that Andy was just being considerate and didn't want Robin to further aggrevate his injury!

cheriamor
01-21-2011, 03:29 AM
It's possible that Andy was just being considerate and didn't want Robin to further aggrevate his injury!

Agree, after the match Roddick was cordial. So I highly doubt that he was being rude earlier and telling Haase to quit.

oranges
01-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Agree, after the match Roddick was cordial. So I highly doubt that he was being rude earlier and telling Haase to quit.

... because it's unheard of that he's been rude to the opponent he thinks he can bully :lol:

cheriamor
01-21-2011, 03:38 AM
... because it's unheard of that he's been rude to the opponent he thinks he can bully :lol:

Fair enough, but why would Haase want to chat at the net after the match if Roddick was being rude and telling him to quit earlier. Wouldn't he just shake hands and walk off, not talk?

Heather1229
01-21-2011, 03:45 AM
He never told him to quit. When Haase called for the medical time out in the first set, he apologized to Andy because Andy had a break point when it happened and Andy told him not to worry about it and to take care of himself...he never told him to quit.

oranges
01-21-2011, 03:50 AM
Fair enough, but why would Haase want to chat at the net after the match if Roddick was being rude and telling him to quit earlier. Wouldn't he just shake hands and walk off, not talk?

No, I guess he wouldn't in that case.

Mr. Oracle
01-21-2011, 03:53 AM
this is a new andy roddick who will now adjust his game for federer:haha:

River
01-21-2011, 03:54 AM
He never told him to quit. When Haase called for the medical time out in the first set, he apologized to Andy because Andy had a break point when it happened and Andy told him not to worry about it and to take care of himself...he never told him to quit.

Heard the same thing. If I recall Andy told him not to hurt himself. Idk how that translated to "Quit while you're head, low-ranking bitch" but I guess when you hate someone so much, anything become bad lol

Good fight.

Dmitry Verdasco
01-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Heard the same thing. If I recall Andy told him not to hurt himself. Idk how that translated to "Quit while you're head, low-ranking bitch" but I guess when you hate someone so much, anything become bad lol

Good fight.

Roddick is an arrogant asshole and the worst should be assumed of him at all times. :)

River
01-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Roddick is an arrogant asshole and the worst should be assumed of him at all times. :)

On-court, yes. When he's heated he says the stupidest things that even I get pissed. But this is regular, cool-headed Andy. He's not going to force someone to quit like that, otherwise I'd have stopped being a fan a long time ago.

Orka_n
01-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Sad result for tennis. Oh well. Roddick's fate is already sealed anyway. :shrug:

That's excatly the reaction to each and every one of your posts:lol:

Bad Religion
01-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Without taking in account the aces , Haase hit 45 winners vs 19 of Roddick
Once again, Roddick outplayed

Snowwy
01-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Roddick was outplayed in what sense? He won the match and it wasn't even close.

Dmitry Verdasco
01-21-2011, 04:09 AM
On-court, yes. When he's heated he says the stupidest things that even I get pissed. But this is regular, cool-headed Andy. He's not going to force someone to quit like that, otherwise I'd have stopped being a fan a long time ago.

He's not going to force anyone to quit, whether he's cool headed or not. He's not the umpire, he doesn't have that kind of power despite what he (and his fans?) think. He wasn't spanked enough as a child.

River
01-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Roddick was outplayed in what sense? He won the match and it wasn't even close.

Outplayed in the 1st set and majority of 2nd set. Then Haase fell apart while Roddick stayed firm

He's not going to force anyone to quit, whether he's cool headed or not. He's not the umpire, he doesn't have that kind of power despite what he (and his fans?) think. He wasn't spanked enough as a child.

You stated he was a prick enough to tell someone to quit, even when he's not angry. I retorted, and you spout something else that makes no sense.

I have no reasoning as to why I even bothered replying to such a trolling post anyways.

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 04:16 AM
River don't bother the trolls, let them do their thing. Oh and gotta love "not counting aces." Aces are part of the game chief.

River
01-21-2011, 04:19 AM
River don't bother the trolls, let them do their thing. Oh and gotta love "not counting aces." Aces are part of the game chief.

lol I won't bother

But as for winners, I do tend to not count Andy's aces. He seriously /does/ need to up his groundstroke winners, as much as I hate to admit it.

cheriamor
01-21-2011, 04:20 AM

Yes, and Roddick is leading everyone in aces so far in this tournament.

Dmitry Verdasco
01-21-2011, 04:21 AM
How anyone can even be a fan to Roddick just blows my mind. His game is gutless and DULL AS FUCK. Then you have the tennis 'fans' who like players for personality - but Roddicks sucks also.

Calidreth
01-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Heh, you mention dull and have Nadal in your sig nice hypocrisy. Though I will give you credit for Nalbandian, he certainly isn't "gutless."

River
01-21-2011, 04:33 AM
How anyone can even be a fan to Roddick just blows my mind. His game is gutless and DULL AS FUCK. Then you have the tennis 'fans' who like players for personality - but Roddicks sucks also.

If that's not blind hate, I don't what is.

Deivid23
01-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Haase´s stamina is a big joke, as expected it let him down again and avoided him standing a big chance to win this one

Jimnik
01-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Andy, terrible performance. Let off the hook by Haase's twisted ankle. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, they did. He's getting demolished next round if he plays like this.

Come on Andy, sort yourself out!

FormerRafaFan
01-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Noooo... Roddick, you just made me lose some vCash. I bet some on Haase to win :(

KaiserT
01-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Bad for the game.

KaiserT
01-21-2011, 06:31 AM

He has a point.

shiaben
01-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Unfortunately, Roddick's luck ends here. He has the choice of two options.

The French, who will **** him from the baseline with his lengthy athleticism, able to reach every shot Roddick throws back into the baseline. It will be like a repeat of the French Open encounter, except Roddick and the French will have a closer scoreline.

Or...

Option 2 is Wawrinka. A complete player with an amazing backhand, reliable forehand, and fair serve.

Since I picked out Wawrinka to reach the 4th, Wawrinka will be the one to wack Roddick in the 4th.

I'm more than sure Roddick will "go for his shots" in the match, but regardless, I think his best forehands and his best serves won't be enough for Wawrinka. I think Stan the Man will take advantage of Roddick's many flaws.

Nidhogg
01-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Haase was a living highlight reel for just about two sets, hitting winners at will from every corner of the court. Typical Roddick to just dig in and ignore how hard he was outplayed, and then turn it around.

Still, I have to say it was refreshing to see him hit his first big forehand since quite a while. It's just a shame it was directed straight at Haase's head up at the net. Very classy.

BK 201
01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately, Roddick's luck ends here. He has the choice of two options.

The French, who will **** him from the baseline with his lengthy athleticism, able to reach every shot Roddick throws back into the baseline. It will be like a repeat of the French Open encounter, except Roddick and the French will have a closer scoreline.

Roddick although has a tough time with Monfils leads him on Hard court I believe. Monfils also doesn't have the luxuary of being able to outtough Roddick if the match goes on for a while. Monfils isn't really a clever player on court; he clowns about and wastes too much energy on sets he's already won. Not a smart thing to do. Roddick is also way more mentally tougher than Monfils.

Or...

Option 2 is Wawrinka. A complete player with an amazing backhand, reliable forehand, and fair serve.

Since I picked out Wawrinka to reach the 4th, Wawrinka will be the one to wack Roddick in the 4th.

I'm more than sure Roddick will "go for his shots" in the match, but regardless, I think his best forehands and his best serves won't be enough for Wawrinka. I think Stan the Man will take advantage of Roddick's many flaws.

Roddick's best serves and best forehands were enough for guys like Nadal/Soderling/Berdych/Gonzalez/Djokovic/ and gasquet last year (although Roddick didn't actually hit his forehand against most of them but Nadal) so what makes you think Wawrinka will fair any better.

Roddick in 2009 managed to beat Wawrinka 4-4-2. I'm pretty sure he's capable of beating both players.

Allez
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Haase played insane tennis right off the bat but sadly as we've come to expect from him his mind went on a walkabout after losing the 2nd set. The injury did not help either but I suspect it was more psychosomatic than anything else. Still this guy has immense talent if he could only train his mind to stay focused for longer during matches ;)

Not sure anyone including the world number 1 could have lived with Haase in the 1st set, so there's no need to be overly critical of Andy. Sometimes you just have to :hatoff:

Andy's serve (I remember his action was being written off early on in his career) has turned out to be his biggest and longest serving and most reliable weapon :eek:

Fumus
01-21-2011, 02:20 PM

Roddick is a competitor and he plays with passion. Arrogant asshole? Really? I call him a great tennis champion.

Without taking in account the aces , Haase hit 45 winners vs 19 of Roddick
Once again, Roddick outplayed

Yea, totally outplayed where's your unforced error count there fool? Oh, yea and please don't account for aces because serving someone off the court isn't outplaying them either.

Because Andy is awesome.

You are a very angry person, perhaps you should seek clinical help?

oranges
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Still, I have to say it was refreshing to see him hit his first big forehand since quite a while. It's just a shame it was directed straight at Haase's head up at the net. Very classy.

:lol: :yeah: