Which country do you think will be best in this decade? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which country do you think will be best in this decade?

romismak
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM
In terms of DC victories or just number of players in top 100, GS champions and so on. Overall which country will be best in this decade? Spain looked to be best in 2000-2010- i was thinking that maybe that raise from Spain had something to do with that all court have been slowed down- and while Spanish players are all growing on clay courts it is good for them. And i am not talking about Rafa, but overall Spanish tennis players i know that in some times they had about 15-20 players in top 100 in recent years. US, Australians seems to be gone forever, but who knows what will the future bring for them. In USA is problem that after great champions from 80s, and 90s Roddick just wasn´t that guy for 21st century and while there is not a big US multi-time GS champion tennis is declining in USA for many years. About Australia is problem even worse, after Hewitt there is no one and today the hopes of that country are on young Tomic-who is not even Australian - in terms of origin- 2nd best player from Australia now is Matosevic- born in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Why did Australia can´t in their training camps make their home champions? The same goes to USA. Sweden have just Soderling. But small countries like Croatia and SErbia have been succesfull in DC, also in ranking, even som players from former Yugoslavia, play in other countries like Tomic, Matosevic, Raonic and others. I think it is really nice to see that small countries like Croatia and SErbia in this decade have been such succesfull. If they would play for one country - than Yugoslavia will probably rule DC every year:D. I see good training process in France, and maybe they will be really strong this next decade. Many young players and so one. Germany is interresting in that case, that they have many players in top 100 or top 200. They even have money and good metods and probably training process is better that in some poorer countries and so on, but Germany have just average players. Hardly someone from German guys looked in top 20.

Jimnik
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Probably a country where they speak Castellano.

abraxas21
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
lithuania?

GSMnadal
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Impossible to predict the second part of the decade, but Serbia look great for the next couple of years.

Sonja1989
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Of course SPAIN. 3 spanish in top 10, 6 spanish in top 20. Which country is better than this? And the No.1 spanish too.

yuri27
01-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Spain of course.
Even without any great player,they'll still find one to win the French Open.

Blackbriar
01-20-2011, 06:57 PM
with :retard: & :silly: France surely doesn't stand a chance...

Everko
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Eastren Europe as a whole.

North African talent is long gone. The days of Younes and Arazi were the glory days :sad:

Helevorn
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately Spain by far.

As of last monday's rankings, these are the Spaniards in the top 100..

1 Nadal, Rafael (ESP)
7 Ferrer, David (ESP)
9 Verdasco, Fernando (ESP)
14 Almagro, Nicolas (ESP)
26 Montanes, Albert (ESP)
29 Ferrero, Juan Carlos (ESP)
31 Lopez, Feliciano (ESP)
32 Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo (ESP)
42 Granollers, Marcel (ESP)
52 Robredo, Tommy (ESP)
60 Gimeno-Traver, Daniel (ESP)
70 Andujar, Pablo (ESP)
71 Riba, Pere (ESP)
76 Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben (ESP)

No way other nations could reach results like these I think. France has:

12 Monfils, Gael (FRA)
13 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA)
24 Llodra, Michael (FRA)
33 Gasquet, Richard (FRA)
34 Simon, Gilles (FRA)
44 Chardy, Jeremy (FRA)
53 Benneteau, Julien (FRA)
69 Serra, Florent (FRA)
74 Mannarino, Adrian (FRA)
94 Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA)

No way these guys are equaling Nadal's (and Ferrer's and so on) results..

Baghdatis#1
01-21-2011, 12:30 AM
^Outside of clay, most of those Spaniards struggle :shrug:

Ouragan
01-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Yes Spain for 2010-2015, but afterwards who can say? There might not be a dominant force no more, except if China starts mass producing tennis bots like they do in gymnastics.

If Yougoslavia was still a country though, they could be the next powerhouse of tennis.