AO R2: R. Soderling def. G. Müller 6-3 7-6(1) 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R2: R. Soderling def. G. Müller 6-3 7-6(1) 6-1

Orka_n
01-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Decent from Robin. Müller served well for the first two sets which kept the scoreline tight. NID though in the 2nd set TB.
Before the third, Gilles got some medical treatment. Robin looked a bit tired too but he still closed it out easily.

samanosuke
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Soderling means for real , but shame that his draw doesn't think the same

rubbERR
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Muller is terrible, guy is even more inconsistent than Söderling, quite a achievement

Lopez
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah Söderling looked tired to me too and I wonder why that is. It's not like this match was overly taxing for his body.

Anyways, great job Robin :yeah:. I hope he goes far here.

Orka_n
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah Söderling looked tired to me too and I wonder why that is. It's not like this match was overly taxing for his body.Probably the heat. The conditions here aren't really suitable for him.

Malul
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
rubbERR,still think Toad is a fluke?

henke007
01-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Muller is terrible, guy is even more inconsistent than my Brain , quite a achievement

:D

solowyn
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Probably the heat. The conditions here aren't really suitable for him.
Yeah, it was the first really sunny day out there today. Good to get it done in straights and not stay out there too long :yeah:

ExcaliburII
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Muller didnt move at all in third set.

Horatio Caine
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Probably the heat. The conditions here aren't really suitable for him.

Yep, although if he is struggling in 25C I'd be a little concerned. :scared: He didn't even have to do much running today either.

The next match could be interesting. Temperatures could be around 28C (still lower than average?) so that would make it tougher for him. However, Hernych has played a marathon against Bellucci so he would surely struggle as well. Could get ugly. :lol:

More rain and lower temperatures on the way for early next week, so that could suit Toad more, especially if he advances to play Tsonga (who would like it quicker). Dolgopolov looks a very dangerous prospect in this section, though.

henke007
01-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Robin looked fine to me, hope he plays next match in the evening aswell.

Very solid effort.

FlameOn
01-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Well played Robin! :bounce:

philosophicalarf
01-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Muller didnt move at all in third set.

Retired in New Caledonia challenger few weeks back cos of "heat exhaustion".

Was watching the weather stations btw, it was 32/33c today, and with sun the on-court temp would be a lot more. Low humidity at least though, when it's hot and humid together that's when it's really brutal.

Lopez
01-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Yep, although if he is struggling in 25C I'd be a little concerned. :scared: He didn't even have to do much running today either.

The next match could be interesting. Temperatures could be around 28C (still lower than average?) so that would make it tougher for him. However, Hernych has played a marathon against Bellucci so he would surely struggle as well. Could get ugly. :lol:

More rain and lower temperatures on the way for early next week, so that could suit Toad more, especially if he advances to play Tsonga (who would like it quicker). Dolgopolov looks a very dangerous prospect in this section, though.

Might have something to do with his heritage, I mean at least us Finns have been shown to have genetically a very poor tolerance to high temperature and humidity.

LocoPorElTenis
01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Best AO ever for Robin :yeah:

LocoPorElTenis
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Might have something to do with his heritage, I mean at least us Finns have been shown to have genetically a very poor tolerance to high temperature and humidity.

They should have outdoor tournaments in Finland around November while it's still physically possible to play, would be only fair :).

Jomp1
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Temperatute right when the game started said 27C, so it shouldn't be much difference.

I don't agree however that Robin looked that tired, I think it was more the opponent making him looking a little slow and unfocused at times.

Nidhogg
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Good win, as Müller can give anyone a scare on his day. Söderling was calm and collected in the breaker, but it became evident that something was hampering Gilles in the third.

Usually I always take it one match at a time with Robin, but I can't see him struggling with a worn out Hernych unless they'll play in a hurricane weather on one of the outside courts or something.

If Söderling wins that one it'll be Tsonga or Dolgopolov in the fourth round. He likes playing against Jo who seems to not be completely fit right now. It'd be interesting to see what erratic Dolgo could come up with then and there.

Orka_n
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Good win, as Müller can give anyone a scare on his day. Söderling was calm and collected in the breaker, but it became evident that something was hampering Gilles in the third.

Usually I always take it one match at a time with Robin, but I can't see him struggling with a worn out Hernych unless they'll play in a hurricane weather on one of the outside courts or something.

If Söderling wins that one it'll be Tsonga or Dolgopolov in the fourth round. He likes playing against Jo who seems to not be completely fit right now. It'd be interesting to see what erratic Dolgo could come up with then and there.Yeah... either way Robin should reach the quarters. Murray will be a tall task though.

superganon
01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
soderling seems to be playing half tank. and i think thats clever since he many times have been to short when he reaches QF against fed,nadal. and now that murray is playing gr8t he need to save his power and rest as much as he can. i meam murray can go and empty his game to qf since he is right now playng so good. i mean sod dint really shine in this match, but still got it done in 3 and when it come to tiebreak he crushed him and 3set was with only 1 man on court. so soderling has much more game in him, we can clreay say that. i just hope that next 2 matches are enough match ups to then face murray.

allpro
01-20-2011, 01:31 PM
soderclown looking sharp. qf with murray should be a doozy.

*Jean*
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Strong performance by Robin again. Encouraging :yeah: keep going

Chiakifug
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/eurosport/20110120/25/92c7fee80daba706f50683a8ee6383bd.jpg