AO R2: Berankis def. Nalbandian 61 60 20 ret. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R2: Berankis def. Nalbandian 61 60 20 ret.

YouKnowWho
01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
You could see that Nalbandian wasn't ready since the beginning but still, Rycka looked pretty good out there. Sort of dissapointing as we all hoped to see an interesting match, and saw a target practice for Berankis instead, but oh well, a win is a win.

Bring on Ferrer :)

LocoPorElTenis
Flawless from Ricardas. Amazing returns :worship: . The Lithuanian will be a big force in the near future :)

Worst match in David's career. I expected him to lose in straights but that was just horrible :sad: . Body just not responding at all. Kudos to him for taking the humiliation as long as he could.

Shirogane
Wow, wasn't expecting that.

coasterman9
Berankis! :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
too many pies :help:

that was just pitiful

Gladiator
:( Nalby
Is he injured or just tired ?

samanosuke
Our King strikes again

vn01
01-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Richard totally thrashed Nalby. :worship: Although David was exhausted after the match against Hewitt

YouKnowWho
Flawless from Ricardas. Amazing returns :worship: . The Latvian will be a big force in the near future :)

Worst match in David's career. I expected him to lose in straights but that was just horrible :sad: . Body just not responding at all. Kudos to him for taking the humiliation as long as he could.

Lithuanian, not Latvian. Gulbis is Latvian :)

Thanos
expected retirement from nalbandian, he wasn't even moving :sad:

but i'm very happy for berankis :)

Orka_n
Fit guy this Dave.

madmax
(Un)fit Dave should hit the gym more frequently.
Deserved win for the upcoming future star nevertheless

Lopez
01-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Flawless from Ricardas. Amazing returns :worship: . The Latvian will be a big force in the near future :)

Lithuanian :).

Nalbandian probably too worn out from the epic vs. Hewitt. Shame that he had to win Lleyton only to have nothing left in the tank in the match :lol:

rubbERR
berankis will b trashed by someone good and fit

Caio_Brasil
Two matches that pretty much sums up what is David's career at the moment and probably until the day he retires. Genious moments followed by... this. Unfortunatelly he won't win his GS.

I'm just glad it was Ricardas who beat him, this is the guy I will support the most in the future years. It's amazing how he developed from already a great talent since the first time I saw him in So Paulo challenger last year to a serious treat to top players. He was doing what he wanted today, just a pleasure to watch this guy playing. Also love his attitude since the challenger qualifying, and it gets better.

djb84xi
What the hell was that about? I've never seen Nalbandian take a beating like that, but something's obviously not right with him. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious that'll keep him out of action for a long time. He was just starting to find his game again. Last thing he needs is another setback from injury.

solowyn
01-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Ahh I guess we were way too optimistic about Nalbandian's recovery here. Good for Berankis though, and R3 gets him 90 points right? Puts him pretty close to top 75.

Pirata.
01-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Too many celebratory burgers for Nalby after beating Hewitt :sad:

Great job Rycka, first time into third round at a slam!

philosophicalarf
Great from the-artist-formerly-known-as-Ricardas.

As for Nalbandian: embarrassing fat ****. I lost a lot of respect for him here.

Take a leaf out of Mike Russell's book and guts it out. You might get thrashed, you might just get into a set. Retiring when there's nothing really wrong with you beyond bad conditioning is just an insult to the opponent.

Far too much bellyfat on him when he took his shirt off.

SelvenluvJo
Rica :worship: perfect performance. BTW he changed his English name spelling?I like Ricardas more. :(

TMJordan
01-20-2011, 07:59 AM
whos your daddy?

LocoPorElTenis
Lithuanian, not Latvian. Gulbis is Latvian :)

sorry :o
Actually was thinking Lithuanian. Have lots of friends from there, I actually know where it is ;)

oranges
Sad, Dave was totally dead. :sobbing:

If Berankis returns like that against Ferrer, he'll beat him fairly easily. Absolutely murdering 2nd serves and a lot of 1st. Pics doesn't have a better serve.

Ad Wim
01-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Lol, what a disgrace, just finish the match. I assume people booed him off the court...

LocoPorElTenis
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Lol, what a disgrace, just finish the match. I assume people booed him off the court...

Guy couldn't move. He tried as much as he could actually. Most other players would have retired much earlier. Berankis seemed actually surprised Nalby kept playing for so long.

henke007
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
This is HEWITT right now :explode::armed:

austyphoon
01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Great from the-artist-formerly-known-as-Ricardas.

As for Nalbandian: embarrassing fat ****. I lost a lot of respect for him here.

Take a leaf out of Mike Russell's book and guts it out. You might get thrashed, you might just get into a set. Retiring when there's nothing really wrong with you beyond bad conditioning is just an insult to the opponent.

Far too much bellyfat on him when he took his shirt off.

+1

Pathetic, the way he played and that last point where he just started walking to the net. If you can't pull up after a hard first round match then you should not be playing.

Jomp1
01-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I wonder what David used his off day for.. He had like 36 hours to get ready.

madmax
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
This is why Nalbandian never won a freaking slam - dude's addiction to burgers is just too overwhelming

chewbacca74
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
And a new career high for Ricardas !

He is at rank #73 before AO R32...

oranges
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
+1

Pathetic, the way he played and that last point where he just started walking to the net. If you can't pull up after a hard first round match then you should not be playing.

It's not just the first round, he played the entire week before. He beat Hewitt fair and square, gotta let it go ;)

YouKnowWho
I will go out of the limb here and say that Nalbandian retiring was not disrespectful at all IMO. I would find it more disrespectful if he just walked on court for 4 more games and wasted everyones time.. You could see something was wrong with him from the beginning, I think most other guys would have retired after first set most likely. Polish Federer did that to Berankis two times in a row, now that was disrespect. This, this was just unfortunate circumstances..

Jacques_Ukraine
http://vamosrafa.se/Upload/1vamosrafa/nallentjockauckland.jpg
Nalby :((

tribalfusion
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
If Berankis returns like that against Ferrer, he'll beat him fairly easily. Absolutely murdering 2nd serves and a lot of 1st. Pics doesn't have a better serve.

A little different story when the other guy across the net puts pressure on you and it isn't just target practice.

freeandlonely
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Sad story it is.

oranges
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
A little different story when the other guy across the net puts pressure on you and it isn't just target practice.

We're talking about return, what pressure other than the quality of the serve? You think Pics' serve is much better than what Nalbandian served today? If he does get that kind of upper hand on return, it'd be very difficult to play him.

nobama
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Wonder how Hewitt feels :o

Pirao666
01-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Berankis proves again he's the real deal :worship: When Nadal retires (hopefully not anytime soon :devil:) I have a new player to follow.

cocoh54
01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
the way berankis was hitting the ball, i doubt a fit nalbandian even would have had a chance. awesome display by ricardas.. god like :worship:

Hewitt =Legend
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
What a shame... happy for Berankis though.

YouKnowWho
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Berankis proves again he's the real deal :worship: When Nadal retires (hopefully not anytime soon :devil:) I have a new player to follow.

Well, you can still follow him even when Nadal is still playing, right? :) New fans are always welcome, especially foreign ones!

foul_dwimmerlaik
01-20-2011, 08:44 AM
And this bozo is half of MTF's wet dream :cuckoo:. Shame on you, Fatbandian. Shame on you.

austyphoon
01-20-2011, 08:44 AM
the way berankis was hitting the ball, i doubt a fit nalbandian even would have had a chance. awesome display by ricardas.. god like :worship:

They should have replaced the tennis balls with burgers, that would have been motivation enough for Dave to play properly!:D

tribalfusion
01-20-2011, 08:50 AM
We're talking about return, what pressure other than the quality of the serve? You think Pics' serve is much better than what Nalbandian served today? If he does get that kind of upper hand on return, it'd be very difficult to play him.

I don't think either Nalby or Ferrer does all that much with the serve but that wasn't the point.

Regardless of the quality of the serve itself, it is a lot easier to free up to take big cuts on returns when you are relaxed because you know that the other guy can't hurt you and you have a free pass to do whatever you want basically.

Nole fan
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Typical from Nalby. :rolleyes:
Hewitt would have gone much further, damn. :(

Pirao666
01-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Well, you can still follow him even when Nadal is still playing, right? :) New fans are always welcome, especially foreign ones!

Of course I will, but while Nadal is playing he'll always be my main man, that's what I meant ;)

Ouragan
01-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Just wow. I'm sure Hewitt would have put on a better display.

habibko
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
seems like he set himself a goal of only having his revenge and beating Hewitt in this tournament which he did, it's not like he was gonna win the title anyway.

I'd say job well done, you gave us an epic match and a great win, rest up Nalby :yeah:

Hagar
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Damn it! Knowing this result I am even more gutted about Hewitt's first round loss because I know that Lleyton would have made most of this draw.

Acer
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Just wow. I'm sure Hewitt would have put on a better display.

Without a SHADOW of a doubt :o

YouKnowWho
01-20-2011, 09:31 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-20/201101201295518642936.html

Nalbandian after the match.

ShotmaKer
01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Dahveed :hug:

Ricardas :yeah:

Ibracadabra
01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Real shame, the eternal question if nalbandian had any sort of fitness or desire to gain fitness would he have won a slam by now?

dabeast
01-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I feel bad for Lleyton dammit :(

Sophocles
01-20-2011, 10:24 AM
MTF's most overrated player strikes again. Fatbandian will never make a good run in a slam again. Lacks the fitness, consistency, & motivation to do it. Bloody shame for Hewitt, who could have gone a few rounds here.

tennishero
01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Not good but not surprised really, Nalby hasn't been this physically tested in years. Anyone who does exercise knows the second day of rest is worst than the first. He still gave us an awesome match last round.

rocketassist
01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
:(

superslam77
01-20-2011, 10:38 AM
needs to do abdominals asap.

finishingmove
01-20-2011, 11:49 AM
i like this AO

misty1
01-20-2011, 12:04 PM
:worship:

Allez
01-20-2011, 12:16 PM
I wanted Berankis to win :bounce:...but I'd hoped for a proper contest. Nalby's figure's too full to recover from epics like the one he had in the 1st round. Needs to work on his fitness if he really wants to go out of the tour with a bang.

The future of mens tennis marches on :sport:

Yves.
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Wtf

freeandlonely
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Feel bad for Hewitt? What the hell you guys are talking? We are living in a capitalist system. By the way, if Nalbandian lost to someone around No.1000 in R1, Hewitt got schooled in QF to a very top player, so the clash never happen, would that be better scenario? The clash is good for Hewitt, for Nalbandian, for Melbourne offical, and for world tennis fans.

Stephan
01-20-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/customavatars/avatar47042_1.gif

http://vamosrafa.se/Upload/1vamosrafa/nallentjockauckland.jpg
Nalby :((

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/512/Ukr1.jpg :p

OnyxRose
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Exactly why I was pulling for Hewitt. I knew this is what Nalbandian's next match would look like. Pathetic.

nalbyfan
01-20-2011, 01:59 PM
He felt dizzy and doctor told him it was dangerous to play so he retired. Hewitt would have been exhausted too and would have had the same result. He's older than David and had 2 hip surgeries so I don"t think he would have recovered better than David

The Freak
01-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Nalby got hungry

Bobby
01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
He felt dizzy and doctor told him it was dangerous to play so he retired. Hewitt would have been exhausted too and would have had the same result. He's older than David and had 2 hip surgeries so I don"t think he would have recovered better than David

Hip surgeries may make Hewitt a bit slower, but I think he has always been in top physical condition. Federer had a tight five setter as well. When the next match comes, he'll be ready.

Schu
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
It's not just the first round, he played the entire week before. He beat Hewitt fair and square, gotta let it go ;)

This :yeah:

I didn't expect Dave to even make it 3 sets with Hewitt after an apperance in the finals against Ferrer 2 days earlier. But he out fought the king of grit through 5 sets and just had no more gas left. YOu could see he was cramping at the end of the Hewitt match and that alone can make you pretty useless for the next match no matter how much treatment he had.

Before everyone gets on the Berankis bandwagon it might be a good idea to see how he plays against an opponent who can actually stand up on the court - pretty easy to look awesome against someone who is not pressuring you at all.

nalbyfan
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think Hewitt would have recovered if he had won but we'll never know it. I suppose Berankis was lucky to have the winner of a neverending match as opponent. Regarding Federer, his match was "short" compared to Hewitt/Nalby and nobody knows what would happen if he had a 4h48 match....it's not the number of sets but the time which counts
Isner had to face it in Wimbly : he won his marathon but was trashed after that.
It was an horrible first round for Nalby bit I"m still happy about his performance vs Hewitt and he finished the match without beeing injured which is very important.
He's back in top 20, after a difficult come back so I"m not too sad

Dougie
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
What a disgrace. Sure the 1st round match was obviously very tough, but a professional athlete should be able to recover well enough to at least put up some kind of fight instead of this. Im sure Hewitt would have been ready to fight.

In comparison, when Edberg won the US Open in 1992, he was down a break in the fifth in his 4th round, QF and SF matches, went on to win them all and beat Sampras in the final in four sets. Now thats how you do it.

Guy Haines
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Two matches that pretty much sums up what is David's career at the moment and probably until the day he retires. Genious moments followed by... this. Unfortunatelly he won't win his GS.

I'm just glad it was Ricardas who beat him, this is the guy I will support the most in the future years. It's amazing how he developed from already a great talent since the first time I saw him in So Paulo challenger last year to a serious treat to top players. He was doing what he wanted today, just a pleasure to watch this guy playing. Also love his attitude since the challenger qualifying, and it gets better.

Yeah, I like Ricardas, he's the opposite of Dimitrov in terms of comportment. He's also serving better on the main tour than anyone expected him to. He was fortunate to meet a tired Nalburger but the severity of the scoreline shows he knew what to do and didn't blink. There are "talented" players from the previous generation who would have figured a way to mug it up more.

The match against Pics will be a good one to gauge where Ricardas is at mentally and in terms of shotmaking strengths and weaknesses. Pics is such a grinder and fighter he's bad news to immature young players (ex. Dolgopolov). It's an interesting matchup too because both players usually work against a height disadvantage. Ricardas has the better serve but Pics' return is rock solid.

*Jean*
01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
That's good news for Ricardas :) but sad to see Nalbandian having to retire once again :sad:

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
LOL, Nalbandian must be the weakest, unfit player I've ever seen :lol:
Only 1 game :haha:
Berankis owned him :haha: :haha: :haha:
Bye bye :wavey:

Mechlan
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Embarrassing for Nalbandian. I hope he really was injured out there rather than he just didn't have anything left. He deserves all the jokes if his recovery is this poor.

Guy Haines
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Nobody can say the top two players of their generation weren't hungry. Federer for major titles. Nalbandian for burgers, meatball sandwiches, milkshakes, Paula Dean's cooking, World Cup matches on television, donuts, breadsticks, and bagels.

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
typical king david.......

TommyCZE
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Surprised that David did not retire earlier, but amazing display by Ričardas, keep it up boy!!!!!!!!!!

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
no need to trash king david.......not everyone is nadal to recover from 6 hour marathons and play another marathon.......king david has his own safe position in the history books as one of the game's greatest talents.......
Nalbandian is not one of the game's greatest talents and he won't be in any history books.
Nalbandian is a rubbish player and one of the most unfit on tour.

Dr.Slice
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
I suspect Nalbandians problem was more mental than physical, it is hard to recover mentally from such a draining match as he had. Or maybe he really had some injury, we dont know.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I suspect Nalbandians problem was more mental than physical, it is hard to recover mentally from such a draining match as he had. Or maybe he really had some injury, we dont know.
He's just extremely unfit and was crap.
What else is there to say about him?

Dr.Slice
01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
He's just extremely unfit and was crap.
What else is there to say about him?

If he is so unfit, how do you explain being able to play a marathon match with Hewitt and being able to win? If he was so unfit, he would have not been able to do that.

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 06:27 PM
But you just said that Nadal is the master in recovering from marathon five setters. Surely he shouldn't be that tired after a three setter played INDOORS! Please make it stop!

no human recovers from a 3 and half hour drain out in a single night and produces his best for another 3 hours the next day.......he at least had some recovery time at AO, none whatsoever at WTF........

mikhael youzhny beat him 6-1, 6-0 after that 4 hour drain out against moya the previous day........mental fragilina couldn't even beat him in straight sets, let alone beating him as convincingly as youzhny did.........

delpiero7
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Just wow. I had a feeling that Dave would probably struggle to be at his best in this one after the epic with Hewitt, but this is just pathetic.

This marks 9 consecutive slams that MTFs favourite has played where he has failed to make it to the second week. His last 4th round was at RG 2007. No doubt he'll reach double figures at Roland Garros.

Still, MTF seems to be fooled by the occassional flashy win here and there, convinced he's back, whereas the truth is he's done nothing since 2007 (before King Dave's subjects get upset - I know he's been injured a fair bit since then). No doubt there will be another false dawn when he wins a tourney like Munich and makes a run in an AMS.

tumbak
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Joke ... trashed like that by this midget. But I like Berankis.

Roger the Dodger
01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Nothing surprising. Nalbandian showed his talent against Hewitt. Now he needs to live up to his billing of being the greatest talent never to win a slam.

Everko
01-20-2011, 07:11 PM
1 game? 1 game?

Stick me out there and I would only do 1 game worse than this former top 5 player.

Roger the Dodger
01-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Nalbandian was tired after the 5 setter. He eagerly stole the bagel and breadstick right off Berankis' breakfast.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 08:18 PM
1 game? 1 game?

Stick me out there and I would only do 1 game worse than this former top 5 player.
At least you would've probably finished the match.

allpro
01-20-2011, 08:27 PM
nalbandian looked like a decrepit, old journeyman out there. its shocking to think hes younger than fed.

berankis looks somewhat promising but hes very short (5 8?) which is a handicap in this era of treetops (although he does have a sturdy frame). i like his return of serve, passing shot, and all-around court IQ. the ferrer match will be a much better barometer of where his game and fitness are at.

Ibracadabra
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Nalbandian won't be forgotten when he retires regardless of whatever he does from now until that day. Perhaps the greatest davis cup warrior, world tour finals champion defeating the greatest player ever in the final from 2 sets down. Murray isn't fit to cook davids burgers.

Corey Feldman
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
stupid 1st round draw

cost the tournament Hewitt and Nalbandian

yet people like Kunitsyn, Bellucci, Sweeting can stroll around

tribalfusion
01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
stupid 1st round draw

cost the tournament Hewitt and Nalbandian

yet people like Kunitsyn, Bellucci, Sweeting can stroll around

Draws are "drawn" not devised according to your preferences :)

SetSampras
01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Nalbandian is a clown. You may as well throw dirt on this guy. The fact, you can only get one five set match out of him and then hes completely worthless afterwards because hes so out of shape and never comitted himself to tennis says alot.

Corey Feldman
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Draws are "drawn" not devised according to your preferences :)why dont you stop bad repping me and shut the hell up

Gretchen.
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Be proud Lleyton, be real proud. :worship:

Arkulari
01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
The Nalbandwagon looks worse and worse every year, the guy really has no business playing tennis if he's not committed to do it, what's the point of getting beatdowns like these? :o

Eden
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Nalbandian is a clown. You may as well throw dirt on this guy. The fact, you can only get one five set match out of him and then hes completely worthless afterwards because hes so out of shape and never comitted himself to tennis says alot.

It's always good to see that we have the people on MTF to judge how much a player is committed to tennis and how much he practices.

It's tough luck for him that he had to play such a marathon match against Hewitt in the 1st round. Though Lleyton is a fighter he wouldn't mayve have much left in the tank himself for a match in the 2nd round.

It's not the first time that a player goes down in straight sets after a tough match in the round before. This is nothing which only happens to Nalby.

Nalby had to undergo one of the worst surgerys a tennisplayer can have. We have seen what hip problems caused Guga careerwise.

I'm glad that David was able to return to the tour at all and I take his few moments of great play over some of the other stuff which you get to see on the tour with a pleasure.

Matt01
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Nalbandian won't be forgotten when he retires regardless of whatever he does from now until that day. Perhaps the greatest davis cup warrior, world tour finals champion defeating the greatest player ever in the final from 2 sets down. Murray isn't fit to cook davids burgers.

:lol:

Too bad Nalby had too many of them...

Matt01
01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
It's always good to see that we have the people on MTF to judge how much a player is committed to tennis and how much he practices.

It's tough luck for him that he had to play such a marathon match against Hewitt in the 1st round. Though Lleyton is a fighter he wouldn't mayve have much left in the tank himself for a match in the 2nd round.

I'm sorry but when you have a day off to recover from that match then you should be able to win more than 1 freaking game against a player like Berankis.

SetSampras
01-20-2011, 10:39 PM

It's not the first time that a player goes down in straight sets after a tough match in the round before. This is nothing which only happens to Nalby.

Nalby had to undergo one of the worst surgerys a tennisplayer can have. We have seen what hip problems caused Guga careerwise.

I'm glad that David was able to return to the tour at all and I take his few moments of great play over some of the other stuff which you get to see on the tour with a pleasure.

Hes a professional tennis player who played tennis for a LIVING, as in a full time job, making a great living at it and had quite a bit of talent to grab a few slams and a piece of the pie from Fed and Nadal. Thats how much raw talent the guy had,but he never showed up fully committed, and out of shape, YES OUT OF SHAPE, obviously as you can tell by the extra poundage he has carried all these years.. That is just plain a lack of committment to the game. If a guy is a professional athlete there should be NO EXCUSE why he should not be committed to his profession and staying in shape. I dont think thats too much to ask someone.

And in the end its a shame because he had the talent to be a great tennis player, a legimitate HOF'er who accomplished great things and he accomplished next to nothing as to what he should have accomplished.

Yes injuries hit him hard, but injuries hit many guys and they find a way to rebound from them.. At least the great ones. But what about all those years, you can't pin the injury excuse on David for not accomplishing anything slam wise?

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Why didn't you let Hewitt win then, you buffet mug.

He wouldn't retire the next match.

oranges
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Why didn't you let Hewitt win then, you buffet mug.

He wouldn't retire the next match.

Why would he? Gotta win on your own if you want to go further. If you can't, tough luck. Nalbandian not the first and not the last to win a marathon and then suffer the consequences and I'm yet to see people whining why either of the two involved in the marathon didn't just give it to the other in any other case. Yet, some people will still argue how Dave never receives any flack :spit:

I'm especially fond of Rafatards whining here given that these are more or less the same people who seriously argue how the 1 and 0 bitchslap Colonel put on him is not only perfectly normal, but explainable and excusable and pretty much doesn't count because he played a long match with freaking semi-retired Moya before. Perhaps they like the same buffet, eh?

Shirogane
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
:lol:

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Why would he? Gotta win on your own if you want to go further. If you can't, tough luck. Nalbandian not the first and not the last to win a marathon and then suffer the consequences and I'm yet to see people whining why either of the two involved in the marathon didn't just give it to the other in any other case. Yet, some people will still argue how Dave never receives any flack :spit:

I'm especially fond of Rafatards whining here given that these are more or less the same people who seriously argue how the 1 and 0 bitchslap Colonel put on him is not only perfectly normal, but explainable and excusable and pretty much doesn't count because he played a long match with freaking semi-retired Moya before. Perhaps they like the same buffet, eh?

What the f*** are you doing in this sport if you can't play two matches in a row?

Go back to eating contests, fat Dave.

out_here_grindin
01-20-2011, 11:50 PM
What the f*** are you doing in this sport if you can't play two matches in a row?

I agree with this. I mean that was just a sad sight. He supposed to be a professional.

oranges
01-20-2011, 11:57 PM

Still doesn't answer why he should have gifted the match. Perhaps it was all a cosmic master plan for Berankis to be super fresh and put the smackdown on Ferrer ;)

GlennMirnyi
01-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Still doesn't answer why he should have gifted the match. Perhaps it was all a cosmic master plan for Berankis to be super fresh and put the smackdown on Ferrer ;)

I could put in harsher terms: retire and go freaking eat hot-dogs in a rally car, fat mug.

:)

oranges
01-21-2011, 12:05 AM
I could put in harsher terms: retire and go freaking eat hot-dogs in a rally car, fat mug.

:)

You could, but who cares :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
01-21-2011, 12:09 AM
You could, but who cares :shrug:

Berankis definitely doesn't.

fast_clay
01-21-2011, 03:24 AM
f*** off to cordoba you fat piece of sh!t

Bad Religion
01-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Bravo to the organizers in Australia .
Those idiots should have put the match of Lleyton at 3 PM with the sun burning the court. Fatbaldian can not handle that kind of condition

River
01-21-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't hate Nalby, but after see that pic of his gut, you'd HAVE to question his desire to win DESPITE winning the epic 5-setter against Lleyton.

He's got no one to blame but himself. He looks like he added half of his original fit weight on top of his original fit weight...

coonster14
01-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Ouch!!! :o, too bad for Nalby here, but this was absolutely dreadful, luckily I didn't watch this match.

cocoh54
01-21-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm sorry but when you have a day off to recover from that match then you should be able to win more than 1 freaking game against a player like Berankis.

lol whats that supposed to mean? "a player like berankis"

you know nothing about this super talent.. he will even beat a fit ferrer, you will see.

Guy Haines
01-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Bravo to the organizers in Australia .
Those idiots should have put the match of Lleyton at 3 PM with the sun burning the court. Fatbaldian can not handle that kind of condition

So true -- they always schedule his likely dogfights so they'll end at 4am. For once they should give him a sweetheart match at night and leave the dogfight for the day. It might be too late already.

nalbyfan
01-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Troicki and Venus retired today....and they had no marathon match vs a local hero and noisy crowd....so does it mean that both of them are no pro, eat junk food and are not committed to play tennis ?? If all the players who retire are no pro or eat hamburgers...all ATP tour players are like that...
Concerning Hewitt, I don'' know why he's supposed to be less tired than David : he cramped too and he would haven't be ready to beat Berankis or anyone else. he would have w/o or retired, exactly like David 'cause he was as exhausted than him. As he lost, everybody can pretend he would have beaten Berankis, we'll never know it but I think he can thank David for beating him so he avoided him to be totally ridiculous 2 days later in front of his home crowd... Nobody could see his shape next thurday 'cause he was at home but I'm almost sure he could hardly walk....he had 2 hip surgeries and he's not more the fit guy he was before. He's probably overrated because he lost in such a dramatic match so it's easy to bash the winner who was obliged to show up and try to play vs Berankis but Hewitt was probably "happy" not to be obliged to play another match after such a marathon.
I'm surprised that everybody bashes the winner of this beautiful match and not the loser...really a strange attitude.
If Hewitt had to beat David, he could have done it, he's the only responsable of his loss : the crowd rooted for him, he had the best conditions to win and he didn't so he's the one to blame, not David

Matt01
01-21-2011, 04:01 PM

you know nothing about this super talent.. he will even beat a fit ferrer, you will see.

:rolls: We'll see ;)

Tipster13
01-21-2011, 10:07 PM
:rolls: We'll see ;)

Hi, mug - now you are near names like Spanish_armada, smoke9494. I'm still counting pseudo tennis experts mugs :lol:

Matt01
01-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi, mug - now you are near names like Spanish_armada, smoke9494. I'm still counting pseudo tennis experts mugs :lol:

You scare me :scared:

Ichiban1920
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
What a fatass, beyond pathetic.

ossie
01-21-2011, 11:04 PM
thats fatbandian for ya

Fed=ATPTourkilla
01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
The long match against Hewitt is no excuse for this. Compare and contrast Nadal's SF and F at the AO 2009.

NADAL - Comes through marathan match vs Verdasco. Final two days later, plays another five setter. Up against one of the best players of all time. Constantly has his back against the wall as opponent is creating chance after chance for himself. Shows no mental or physical exhaustion whatsoever and breaks opponent's spirit to win another marathon, coming through the fifth set easily.

NALBANDIAN - Comes through marathon match vs Hewitt. Steps out two days later and almost collapses on court. Wins one game against a journeyman and retires.

I don't see how his fans can defend him any more, or keep up the pretence that he is not a fatass. It's no surprise he needs various operations given the enormous weight being placed on his long-suffering joints.

Ibracadabra
01-22-2011, 12:06 AM
At this stage of his career with so many mental scars i can understand how he finds it hard to go from rod laver arena night match against one of his greatest rivals to a lowly ranked youngster on an outside court. He's not getting any younger but nalbandian has something left in his career be that a last grand slam run or the davis cup when del potro gets fit.

mysterious
01-22-2011, 12:14 AM
At this stage of his career with so many mental scars i can understand how he finds it hard to go from rod laver arena night match against one of his greatest rivals to a lowly ranked youngster on an outside court. He's not getting any younger but nalbandian has something left in his career be that a last grand slam run or the davis cup when del potro gets fit.

What are you smoking? His troubles were far from mental, hence the retirement. Nalbandian is fat and unfit, he obviously has no desire to make any serious inroads on tour anymore, otherwise he'd get his fitness on track. This is a complete disgrace, looking back at all the players over the years who've played five setter after five setter. You can bet your house on it that Hewitt would've been out there and ready to compete.

mysterious
01-22-2011, 12:17 AM
The long match against Hewitt is no excuse for this. Compare and contrast Nadal's SF and F at the AO 2009.

NADAL - Comes through marathan match vs Verdasco. Final two days later, plays another five setter. Up against one of the best players of all time. Constantly has his back against the wall as opponent is creating chance after chance for himself. Shows no mental or physical exhaustion whatsoever and breaks opponent's spirit to win another marathon, coming through the fifth set easily.

NALBANDIAN - Comes through marathon match vs Hewitt. Steps out two days later and almost collapses on court. Wins one game against a journeyman and retires.

I don't see how his fans can defend him any more, or keep up the pretence that he is not a fatass. It's no surprise he needs various operations given the enormous weight being placed on his long-suffering joints.

You do realize that you're comparing a 29 year old who has never based his game around his fitness to a 22 year old who bases his game around his fitness?

Calling Berankis a journeyman just proves that you are a mongoloid of epic proportions. The guy is 20 years old and is one of the ATP's most promising youngsters.

River
01-22-2011, 12:18 AM
You do realize that you're comparing a 29 year old who has never based his game around his fitness to a 22 year old who bases his game around his fitness?

Calling Berankis a journeyman just proves that you are a mongoloid of epic proportions. The guy is 20 years old and is one of the ATP's most promising youngsters.

I don't think you realize how fit Dave was back in the day.

mysterious
01-22-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't think you realize how fit Dave was back in the day.

Did I say he was unfit? I simply stated that he has never based him game around fitness, do you dispute that?

He was never one of the fittest players on tour, regardless of how fit he may have been. There have been several big matches where it appeared his fitness had cost him.

Matt01
01-22-2011, 10:17 AM

:wavey:
Now bow down to me and my tennis knowledge.

nalbyfan
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Even Federer in person said it was "normal' not to have recovered (source Telam)...BTW Baghdatis retired, does it mean that he's unfit ? No Pro ? Or any other stupidity ??? Some members of this forum never played tennis themselves, if not they would know it's a difficult sport, even for a pro. Hewitt would have ended the same way : w/o or retired or beaten in 3 sets even if his fans pretend he would have be ready to play and to win : sorry mates but I don't think so