Just give him the trophy :angel:

Rafa's Average 1st Serve Speed 191, Roddick 195, Federer 188 KMH in R2

http://www.almeshaal.net/pics/rafasweeting.jpg

abraxas21
01-20-2011, 03:23 AM
parera slam coming?

Snowwy
01-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Well played, in past years would Nadal beat Sweeting 2, 1 and 1? I doubt it, he always use to have a close set.

Dmitry Verdasco
01-20-2011, 03:24 AM
I just came. :drool:

mystic ice cube
01-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Stupid draw. I'm still waiting for Rafa to meet an opponent.

TMJordan
01-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Raf just mowing down the competition.

Ben.
Good signs for Rafa, serve is looking better than it has done so far this year. A bit sloppy off the ground at times though. Credit to Sweeting, kept his head up all the way to the end and gave it his all.

moon language
Decent practice match for Nadal.

ZaZoo)
01-20-2011, 03:27 AM
Damn, spartan draw, looks like Tomic's next.

Monteque
damn....the draw like a highway for nadal at least till semi. anyway, good job for nadal, he playing very solid agaisnt the american.

Ackms421
He looks very good. Nobody else has looked this sharp in my opinion. I think he'll be very tough to stop. Obviously his opponents haven't been stellar, but I've seen him look worse against weaker opposition-especially during early rounds. He seems very focused and deliberate now.

Halba
01-20-2011, 03:29 AM
off the ground bad, but the serve and the pace on it is very good. 63% in though, not too bad, and pace is high kmph.

FlameOn
01-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Rafa. :rocker: Broke the kid's spirit after that long deuce game at 4-1 in the third. :awww:

Arkulari
01-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Ryan was grossly outclassed by Rafa, guy cannot take the topspin and the pace of Rafa's play and his serve was moving right into Rafa's comfort zone

I think Rafa has a harder time in his practice sessions than in this kind of matches, he's definitely serving better and risking more on the serve (hence, more DF than usual)

If he keeps playing like this, he'll get the 4 set in a row, don't see anyone troubling him with this level :yeah:

ZakMcCrack
01-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Well played, in past years would Nadal beat Sweeting 2, 1 and 1? I doubt it, he always use to have a close set.

No, in order to make it close against Nadal you need to serve much better - nobody whose average first serve speed stands at 154 km/h is ever gonna successfully make a stand against Nadal.

Topspindoctor
Nadal looked really pissed off when he lost his serve in the third. He was determined to not let Sweeting win more than one game. Ruthless.

Dyraise
Sweeting = All serve mug

Lopez
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
Very good match from Rafa.

That being said, Sweeting never had a chance with no weapons against Rafa. Loopy and pushy forehand and weak serve are not exactly the recipe for playing well against Nadal.

Snowwy
01-20-2011, 03:37 AM
Nadal looked really pissed off when he lost his serve in the third. He was determined to not let Sweeting win more than one game. Ruthless.

I don't follow Rafa as closely as you do, but I feel like that is new with him.

rafa_maniac
01-20-2011, 03:44 AM
He lost 4 games? What a mug.

Seingeist
01-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Sweeting = All serve mug

This.

It's amazing that Nadal was able to eke out a victory at all against such a daunting weapon.

mystic ice cube
01-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Nadal looked sharp regardless of the competition, and I think he's serving well. It will take a great effort to stop him.

SaFed2005
01-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Why do they making Nadal play matches... why not just hand him the trophy instead of wasting his time with these ridiculously difficult draws.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Rafa is going to make absolute mincemeat out of Tomic. Tomic hasn't got the wheels, bagel or more coming up :yeah:

Nadal looked sharp regardless of the competition, and I think he's serving well. It will take a great effort to stop him.

I agree I think the serve is actually more important than the groundstrokes. His groundstrokes can not look good one day and then be perfect the next day, really depending on his opponent.

brent-o
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Why do they making Nadal play matches... why not just hand him the trophy instead of wasting his time with these ridiculously difficult draws.

Because that would be no fun. Half the fun is listening to the haters whine.

Topspindoctor
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Nadal will destroy Tomug. Once the ball goes on to his forehand the point will be effectively over. Baby Bernard hasn't got the movement to keep up.

Voo de Mar
01-20-2011, 04:23 AM
:zzz: I saw 5 points of Rafa's match against Daniel and 1 point of his match against Sweeting, six points more than I should have seen of those useless matches ;)

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 04:35 AM

LOL. Think you might be saying the same thing even after he wins the final ;)

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 04:36 AM
ruthless as hell........tomickey mouse has zero chance, zero........even if tomickey brings his best showing, it will be at max like the simon thumping at AO 2009.........this tournament is slowly panning out like AO 2009........

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Tomic vs Rafa should be very similar to Rafter vs Agassi 1995 AO. An embarrassing blowout for Aussie hopeful in front of a noisy sell-out crowd, it's always fun to watch :p

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Ryan was grossly outclassed by Rafa, guy cannot take the topspin and the pace of Rafa's play and his serve was moving right into Rafa's comfort zone

I think Rafa has a harder time in his practice sessions than in this kind of matches, he's definitely serving better and risking more on the serve (hence, more DF than usual)

If he keeps playing like this, he'll get the 4 set in a row, don't see anyone troubling him with this level :yeah:

well he did what he had to. I dont think he was at that high level to be unbeatable. He missed quite a few forehands and looked a little more tired than usual between points. This sweeting kid was spinning his first serves in - like 160 kph. Seemed nervous at the start and juts didnt have any weapons or variety in his game. Need Rafa to face someone who has the ability to hit winners. His first real test I think will come only in the semis against Murray.

In the US open he was tested playing Gabashville (sp?) and Istomin. Some high quality points and lrafa kept raising his level. Here he is on snooze. No real sense how he will face up to real competition. Maybe he needs to play Cilic and Nalbandian in R4 and QF.

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 04:48 AM

he was proud of the fact he wasnt broken in the US open last year for quite a while. Last guy to be broken. I think he lost serve only once in QF, once in SF and 3 times in the finals. Maybe he had set the same goal as he knows if he wants to win this thing he has to serve well. He has said so several times.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 04:49 AM
well he did what he had to. I dont think he was at that high level to be unbeatable. He missed quite a few forehands and looked a little more tired than usual between points. This sweeting kid was spinning his first serves in - like 160 kph. Seemed nervous at the start and juts didnt have any weapons or variety in his game. Need Rafa to face someone who has the ability to hit winners. His first real test I think will come only in the semis against Murray.

In the US open he was tested playing Gabashville (sp?) and Istomin. Some high quality points and lrafa kept raising his level. Here he is on snooze. No real sense how he will face up to real competition. Maybe he needs to play Cilic and Nalbandian in R4 and QF.

Probably Isner and the mighty Ferrer :yeah:

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Probably Isner and the mighty Ferrer :yeah:

lol. you for sure dont want him tested at all before he steps in to face Murray. All these easy matches might be good for the body but might work against him against Andy. oh wait - you would rather have him face the Mighty Sod in the SF and Berdych in the final. ;)

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 04:56 AM
he was proud of the fact he wasnt broken in the US open last year for quite a while. Last guy to be broken. I think he lost serve only once in QF, once in SF and 3 times in the finals. Maybe he had set the same goal as he knows if he wants to win this thing he has to serve well. He has said so several times.

I think a goal like that (to maintain an unbroken streak) creates unnecessary pressure each time you serve. It's for the best that he was broken early, so now he can just look for the more manageable goal of simply being broken less than he was at the USO. Or that other goal of not dropping a set is always a good one.

Pirata.
01-20-2011, 04:57 AM
:zzz: Call me when Rafa faces an opponent who is actually ranked inside the top 50.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 05:04 AM
lol. you for sure dont want him tested at all before he steps in to face Murray. All these easy matches might be good for the body but might work against him against Andy. oh wait - you would rather have him face the Mighty Sod in the SF and Berdych in the final. ;)

I don't believe in that, I have no doubt he'll click into gear vs Murray. They always play a high quality match off the ground, even in 2010 AO except Rafa wasn't clutch, he was still in that 2009 mode and not winning the big points. But his actual form was extremely good in that meeting and he broke Murray in the first 2 sets (but the serve and clutchness was missing). The only aspect that you want to have nice and sharp before the Murray match is the serve, and that truly was sharp today. The groundstrokes are always sharp when he plays Murray regardless of the leadup.

My favorite draw would be Soderling SF and Federer F. I like to see Murray do well so I wouldn't necessarily like Rafa and Murray having to meet, so I'd rather Soderling lose to Rafa. Soderling is a player I like seeing Rafa beat, and he's beaten him their last 2 slam meetings, and I'd like to see it again. I was disappointed that Berdych made the Wimbledon Final because it would be great for Rafa to equal the grass h2h with Federer and I hope they meet this year at Wimbledon :yeah:

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:05 AM
:zzz: Call me when Rafa faces an opponent who is actually ranked inside the top 50.

ok. get some sleep.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 05:08 AM

It's true he doesn't serve well for a tall.

rafa_maniac
01-20-2011, 05:12 AM
I really hope Rafa faces an actual opponent soon, because when he cruises like this it usually means he'll get ***** once he plays someone decent (see Oz Open 08, US Open 09 etc...)

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Soderling is a player I like seeing Rafa beat, and he's beaten him their last 2 slam meetings, and I'd like to see it again. I was disappointed that Berdych made the Wimbledon Final because it would be great for Rafa to equal the grass h2h with Federer and I hope they meet this year at Wimbledon :yeah:

forgive sod for the crimes he committed during FO 2009 will ya:)

and you seem so sure about rafa against fed. Either I am stupid or you are living in la la land. Have you seen Fed play since USO? You were so sure rafa would beat him at wtf..what happened? Fed is coming out ultra aggressive and he can quickly go 1-2 sets up before the opponent even begins to settle in to his style. (The Simon match is an anamoly really - fed was in devastating form for the first two and a half sets). I feel good about Rafa's chances against fed but you seem to be cocky about that result and treat fed like he was Sweeting's twin against Rafa...

paseo
01-20-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm starting to enjoy watching Nadal dishing the pain to his puny opponents. Bring on the next victim!!!

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:14 AM
I really hope Rafa faces an actual opponent soon, because when he cruises like this it usually means he'll get ***** once he plays someone decent (see Oz Open 08, US Open 09 etc...)

cilic and nalbandian (hopefully) might be decent tests for rafa....stay tuned.

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 05:14 AM
still cant hit a backhand even if his life depended on it.

federer would win easily against rafa.
federer was unreal in the 1st and 2nd sets vs simon.

tournament will get very hard from now for rafa.

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:16 AM
I'm starting to enjoy watching Nadal dishing the pain to his puny opponents. Bring on the next victim!!!

you arr sounding like some of the cocky fed fans from 2005-2006. Get out of that rut - not a good thing. Free advice from a fellow "nearly 20,000" v-credit holder ;)

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 05:17 AM
forgive sod for the crimes he committed during FO 2009 will ya:)

and you seem so sure about rafa against fed. Either I am stupid or you are living in la la land. Have you seen Fed play since USO? You were so sure rafa would beat him at wtf..what happened? Fed is coming out ultra aggressive and he can quickly go 1-2 sets up before the opponent even begins to settle in to his style. (The Simon match is an anamoly really - fed was in devastating form for the first two and a half sets). I feel good about Rafa's chances against fed but you seem to be cocky about that result and treat fed like he was Sweeting's twin against Rafa...

It doesn't matter which year Federer that Rafa plays, and yes I've seen every match Federer has played since the US Open. I think Rafa is far better on outdoor hardcourts (and Rafa leads Federer 3-1 on outdoor hardcourts by the way) than he's ever been, far better than 2009 AO form. We can say Federer has improved too, but Federer did double-bagel Del Potro in that 2009 AO, so he was no slouch back then. Nadal in 3 or 4 over Federer in the Final :yeah:

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:18 AM
still cant hit a backhand even if his life depended on it.

federer would win easily against rafa.
federer was unreal in the 1st and 2nd sets vs simon.

tournament will get very hard from now for rafa.

are you jinxing fed or trying to anti-jinx rafa. Maybe both huh ;)

Knotty Fort
01-20-2011, 05:18 AM
For such a tall and big guy, Sweeting's serve is not impressive at all.

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:20 AM
For such a tall and big guy, Sweeting's serve is not impressive at all.

tell me about it. I thought anytime now Rafa would try a one-handed backhand or maybe a forehand with the right hand lol

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 05:21 AM

i agree.

he is wearing the same outfit(reddish top with grey pants) he wore when he got ***** vs tsonga in AO 2008.
in that tournament federer was taken to 5 sets in the 2nd round vs tipsarevic and djokovic was playing really well back then. same thing is happening this year aswell.

deja vu.

oh god i have this horrible feeling some guy is going to play unbelievable tennis and absolutely slaughter rafa this year.

Corey Feldman
01-20-2011, 05:28 AM
congrats on a good effort Sweeting

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 05:30 AM
i agree.

he is wearing the same outfit(reddish top with grey pants) he wore when he got ***** vs tsonga in AO 2008.
in that tournament federer was taken to 5 sets in the 2nd round vs tipsarevic and djokovic was playing really well back then. same thing is happening this year aswell.

deja vu.

oh god i have this horrible feeling some guy is going to play unbelievable tennis and absolutely slaughter rafa this year.

Tsonga has lost 4 straight hardcourt meetings to Rafa, so I wouldn't bet on it :yeah: and the way Tsonga beat Rafa was with powerful returning and charging the net, which he can't do against Rafa's current serve :yeah: in fact Tsonga is one of the worst returners on tour when faced with a strong serve :yeah: he only looks brilliant against weak servers :yeah:

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:31 AM
i agree.

deja vu.

that shirt is the color of spains flag ;) he wants to get his fourth straight donning spanish colors...

This year Tisaveric was beaten in 5 sets by Verdasco who is from Spain too :) No deja vu....AO 2008 Rafa only had 3 slams all on clay. Now 6 slams later of which 4 were won on non-clay surfaces things are a tad bit different ya know ;)

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Tsonga has lost 4 straight hardcourt meetings to Rafa, so I wouldn't bet on it :yeah: and the way Tsonga beat Rafa was with powerful returning and charging the net, which he can't do against Rafa's current serve :yeah: in fact Tsonga is one of the worst returners on tour when faced with a strong serve :yeah: he only looks brilliant against weak servers :yeah:

powerful returning and charging the net to beat rafa ....hmmmm I wonder who is the best at doing that presently. RF ;)

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 05:41 AM
powerful returning and charging the net to beat rafa ....hmmmm I wonder who is the best at doing that presently. RF ;)

Even on indoor hardcourt Federer still allowed Rafa a 6-3 set, and he really shouldn't have considering Rafa was dog tired. No signs yet that Federer can beat Rafa on outdoor hardcourt (where Rafa leads 3-1) and particular in a GS Final (Rafa has won their last GS Final on all 3 surfaces). And based on current form I'd definitely say Rafa in 3 or 4 should they meet :yeah:

If Tsonga tried that 2008 play on Rafa it wouldn't work today, it's impossible to dominate the Rafa serve like that now :yeah:

btw I think Djokovic would be the most difficult opponent for Rafa to face on this surface :yeah:

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 05:50 AM
rafa played with good illusion, no?

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 06:01 AM
rafa played with good illusion, no?

He is a true magician :yeah:

Corey Feldman
01-20-2011, 06:07 AM
rafa play with good draw

iriraz
01-20-2011, 06:10 AM
It`s always easy to say he plays really good when he doesn`t have a real challenge.
With Federer was the same in R1 and then he played a tough one against Simon.
For all top guys it`s about getting through the first week but a challenge is always needed to know at what things to work before the next match.It`s tough for Nadal to judge what shots are working and what not when he is under no real pressure

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Rafa always plays a higher level of standard when pressurized than when unchallenged. He is the anti-Federer extraordinaire :yeah:

Allez
01-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Unstoppable...:worship:

Allez
01-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Rafa always plays a higher level of standard when pressurized than when unchallenged. He is the anti-Federer extraordinaire :yeah:

I get it. That's why he likes seeing himself as the underdog. Gives him something to fight about :yeah:

nobama
01-20-2011, 06:21 AM
rafa play with good drawthis one will turn out to be even better than RGO 2010, no? All we need is Murray and Soderling to play their part. :D

finn98
01-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Good to see the KING schooling these young guns.. :worship:
They need it :yeah:

Topspindoctor
01-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Good to see the KING schooling these young guns.. :worship:
They need it :yeah:

:yeah:

Rafa should put on more humiliating beatdowns on these upstart kids to remind them where they stand. Tomug's turn next.

henke007
01-20-2011, 06:37 AM
:woohoo::zzz::zzz:

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 06:39 AM
I get it. That's why he likes seeing himself as the underdog. Gives him something to fight about :yeah:

Yeah same as Balboa. World Champion Balboa was the red hot favorite to beat Clubber Lang but lost. Then Balboa was the underdog in the rematch and he won. Then he was the underdog when he had to fight Ivan Drago (after Drago killed Apollo Creed to death) and Balboa won again :yeah: Rafa uses the illusion of being the underdog whenever he can :yeah:

nobama
01-20-2011, 06:44 AM
It`s always easy to say he plays really good when he doesn`t have a real challenge.
With Federer was the same in R1 and then he played a tough one against Simon.
For all top guys it`s about getting through the first week but a challenge is always needed to know at what things to work before the next match.It`s tough for Nadal to judge what shots are working and what not when he is under no real pressurewhat do you mean, #93, #116 and #199 aren't a real challenge?

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't think it's even possible to have an easier draw. And I mean this literally and yeah I know how to use the word.

Aenea
01-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Yesterday I was reading moanings how Nadal never gets to play the "talented young guns". Now when he gets to play 2 of them in a row there is another moaning how he's playing low ranked players only. But the young guns cannot be high ranked yet, you know. Now settle your minds. Who do you want him to get in rnd1, rnd2 and 3? Of course in those early rounds top players only get to play low ranked ones.

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Yesterday I was reading moanings how Nadal never gets to play the "talented young guns". Now when he gets to play 2 of them in a row there is another moaning how he's playing low ranked players only. But the young guns cannot be high ranked yet, you know. Now settle your minds. Who do you want him to get in rnd1, rnd2 and 3? Of course in those early rounds top players only get to play low ranked ones.

Daniel a talented young gun?

:haha:

Sweeting isn't that young as well.

tennis2tennis
01-20-2011, 07:17 AM

yeah fed gets simone he gets sweeting

sabina_RF_lee
01-20-2011, 07:17 AM
shit draw for Nadull, embarrassing:o
is he going to make history with that kind of draw?:o:o:o
no sir:mad:

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
idk Nadal might retire

No. He'd lose and then use any injury as an excuse.

Unless he played the Gooch in the final.

green25814
01-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Nadalhaters dream draw:

Del Potro R1
Del Potro R2
Del Potro R3
Davydenko R4
Murray QF
Djokovic SF
Federer F (After playing Roddick in the 1st SF)

Federer is more likely to beat Nadal than any of those players.

Also I'd swap Denko with Nalby and Pony with Haase.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Rafa in the slams in 2010 played the top 5 a total of 5 times, including:

- Soderling (4) twice , Rafa won in straight sets + won in 4 sets
- Murray (5) twice , Rafa lost in straight sets + won in straight sets
- Djokovic (3) once , Rafa won in 4 sets

Also beat these top 10 players in the 2010 slams:

- Berdych (6) , Rafa won in straight sets
- Verdasco (9) , Rafa won in straight sets
- Youzhny (10) , RAfa won in straight sets

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 07:27 AM
of course. Him or Great GOAT Lopez.

No.

Only the Gooch:

GlennMirnyi
01-20-2011, 07:30 AM
The Gooch, wielding his low block forehand return trained to exhaustion on his nintendo wii, has a perfect record against Nadull.

amaze
01-20-2011, 07:41 AM
If Nadal's USO 2010 due to its total cakewalk will forever come along with asterix next to it, then how to mark this possible AO title... we would go out of asterixes, that's for sure.:o

Aenea
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Daniel a talented young gun?

:haha:

Sweeting isn't that young as well.

I was meaning Sweeting and Tomic but I see you cannot look beyond your countryman :rolleyes:

iriraz
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
what do you mean, #93, #116 and #199 aren't a real challenge?

It`s not about rankings here.Nadal might win easier in a match against nr.50 in the world then against nr.250.It`s all about what kind of opponents he gets.He got challenges early in slams last year against Haase,Petschner,Gabashvili,Istomin but certainly Sweeting was not on that level

solowyn
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
:zzz: I saw 5 points of Rafa's match against Daniel and 1 point of his match against Sweeting, six points more than I should have seen of those useless matches ;)
Quite.

Nadull_tard
01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Wake me up when Rafael " Tough Draw" Nadull faces a tennis player. Very funny to read those positive comments about Nadull's outstanding performance, while he's bitching a semi-amateur with no serve(average 154 km/h) and handicapped clay court mug.

Apemant
01-20-2011, 09:18 AM
At some point in the first set, Sweetums had an average of 139 kph FIRST SERVE.

139 kph, read it again, 139 kph. First serve, I mean. On average.

95% of WTA has a bigger serve than this guy. And he's 6'5''? Something is awfully wrong here. :shrug: I thought Cilic was the worst server for someone as tall, but this kid beats him down in shitty serve deparment, any day of the week.

Nadull_tard
01-20-2011, 09:24 AM
At some point in the first set, Sweetums had an average of 139 kph FIRST SERVE.

139 kph, read it again, 139 kph. First serve, I mean. On average.

95% of WTA has a bigger serve than this guy. And he's 6'5''? Something is awfully wrong here. :shrug: I thought Cilic was the worst server for someone as tall, but this kid beats him down in shitty serve deparment, any day of the week.

It's not Sweetmug serve, it's Nadull's massive return which gave him this victory. Nadal has already won this trophy, got that?

Orka_n
01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Legend this Sweeting.

Nole Rules
01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Wake me up when Rafael " Tough Draw" Nadull faces a tennis player. Very funny to read those positive comments about Nadull's outstanding performance, while he's bitching a semi-amateur with no serve(average 154 km/h) and handicapped clay court mug.

So true.

Jaz
01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Tough match this was. Draw really heating up for Nadal right now.

Nekromanta
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice win :cool:

A_Skywalker
01-20-2011, 11:30 AM
These courts are so slow :p

rocketassist
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Organisers need to keep giving Nadal day matches.

A_Skywalker
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM

Tell me you are joking, how can he be tired from 1:30 match.

Monteque
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
sweet memory for sweeting reaching 2nd rnd in the GS event. He came from Q part so give him some applauses

Sophocles
01-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Stop crying. The only one who's gonna get a thrashing is Mugray in early round of a slam.

Bollocks. Not happening this A.O.

Allez
01-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Why doesn't Nadal gift these mugs a few extra games per match ? That way there's no more talk of easy draws and everyone's happy. Does he not visit MTF :shrug:

A_Skywalker
01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Why doesn't Nadal gift these mugs a few extra games per match ? That way there's no more talk of easy draws and everyone's happy. Does he not visit MTF :shrug:

If he visit MTF he would become enraged from people's talk here and win 0 0 and 0 every match :p

propi
01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Ryan did not deserve such a big punishment :hug:
Congrats Rafa :yeah:

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Ryan did not deserve such a big punishment :hug:
Congrats Rafa :yeah:

LOL Ryan might end up being the only player at this AO to break Rafa's serve :yeah: (although Djokovic probably will if he makes the Final of course)

Orka_n
01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
LOL Ryan might end up being the only player at this AO to break Rafa's serve :yeah::lol:

luie
01-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Nadull solid, however sweeting was crap no serve/no movement.

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
LOL Ryan might end up being the only player at this AO to break Rafa's serve :yeah: (although Djokovic probably will if he makes the Final of course)

stop acting like an idiot.

nadal is not playing well, even though the scoreline is great.

federer, djokovic, murray or soderling could easily take out nadal.

i got a feeling rafa will get a real bad beatdown like AO 2008.

so all this talk of how many times will he lose serve is just asking for beatdown.

stay humble like rafa.

all u said rafa will destroy federer in the tour finals and federer won that easily.

luie
01-20-2011, 02:33 PM

so all this talk of how many times will he lose serve is just asking for beatdown.

stay humble like rafa.

all u said rafa will destroy federer in the tour finals and federer won that easily.
Fed no.
Murray/Novak/soderling maybe.
Fed's bh & serve buckled under pressure from simon ,it certainly will not hold up against nadull over 5 sets.
Fed/annacone has alot of work to do,if he is to take home the title.

star
01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
sophocles, you’ve been getting bent out of shape these past few days. take a chill pill or go to your mediation room and scream for a while.

Give him a break. :awww: He's on edge and tense cause Rafa has the chance to hold all four grand slam titles at once. He thinks it might not happen, but he's worried that it will. He can't relax. He'll be ok once Rafa loses. :) :)

allpro
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Give him a break. :awww: He's on edge and tense cause Rafa has the chance to hold all four grand slam titles at once. He thinks it might not happen, but he's worried that it will. He can't relax. He'll be ok once Rafa loses. :) :)

well said star. frightened people become angry people - as history teaches us again and again.

Sophocles
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
LOL. It's fine, you guys just go on defending SDG, Topspindoctor, & nadal_slam_king. See if I care. :angel:

allpro
01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL. It's fine, you guys just go on defending SDG, Topspindoctor, & nadal_slam_king. See if I care. :angel:

:hug:

brent-o
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
If Nadal's USO 2010 due to its total cakewalk will forever come along with asterix next to it, then how to mark this possible AO title... we would go out of asterixes, that's for sure.:o

Something tells me people like you will possess limitless asterisks.

theKSHE
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Honestly, tough draw? Marcos Daniel, Sweeting and Tomic. Seriously?

DorianGray7
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Why do Nadal get such tough draws when Fed always get a cakewalk to the Finals. This is such BS.

This is why Fed is Frauderer, Nadal will beat all of his ridiculous slacked opponents the tourney organizers put in front of him to wear him down and still win the final.

:rocker2::rocker2:

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 03:21 PM

stay humble like rafa.

Temper temper......No, before the WTF Final I said Federer should retire if he doesn't beat Rafa on indoor hardcourt (in contrast to outdoor hardcourt which Rafa leads 3-1 over Federer). And I was later surprised Rafa took a 6-3 set playing with obvious exhaustion from the Murray match. Since Rafa always has Murray in the SF we're just very fortunate that the AO has a day off before the Final :yeah: (and in Federer's case, 2 days off) and as we saw in the 2009 AO that's all Rafa needs, one day off :yeah:

rafaholic
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM

stay humble like rafa.

are you normal dude?!?!?! you are not even a f of Nadal's fan, go away... u r pretty blind...nadal for firsts round is very good, in second week he will gear up as always...and this court suits him 200% more than indoors...

Topspindoctor
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
are you normal dude?!?!?! you are not even a f of Nadal's fan, go away... u r pretty blind...nadal for firsts round is very good, in second week he will gear up as always...and this court suits him 200% more than indoors...

Lol, relax, he isn't serious :lol:

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM
LOL I missed that "federer, djokovic, murray or soderling could easily take out nadal." What an awesome sig that would be if Rafa gets to play 2 of those guys in the SF and F :yeah:

Nole Rules
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL Ryan might end up being the only player at this AO to break Rafa's serve :yeah:

Keep dreaming.:haha:

Sophocles
01-20-2011, 03:52 PM
MTF's Trollmeister-General putting on a puppet show.

nadal_slam_king
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Keep dreaming.:haha:

Reality suits me just fine thank you very much
http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/b/bedazzledsaver.jpg

Myrre
01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I didn't think any ATP tour Pro could serve so badly. 154kmph is crap even by WTA standards.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
How bad was Sweeting? He was hideous, Nadal didn't have to do anything because his opponent was so terrible. What a joke Nadal's matches have been so far.

Guy Haines
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
The Gooch, wielding his low block forehand return trained to exhaustion on his nintendo wii, has a perfect record against Nadull.

:spit:

I think Aenea meant Tomic, not Daniel, tho the idea of Daniel as a talented upstart is hilarious.

manequin75 called it about some Nadal tards starting to sound like 05-06 Fed tards.

Guy Haines
01-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Why do Nadal get such tough draws when Fed always get a cakewalk to the Finals. This is such BS.

This is why Fed is Frauderer, Nadal will beat all of his ridiculous slacked opponents the tourney organizers put in front of him to wear him down and still win the final.
:rocker2::rocker2:

Ah yes, I remember those days. A lot of role-reversal going on at the moment.

Cakewalk draws can become curses and tougher ones can do a world of good.

star
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM

:awww: I wasn't defending them. I was defending you. :awww:

I see my affections are rejected again. :tears:

tangerine_dream
01-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I feared Sweeting would play Safina to Rafa's Clijsters, so I'm glad he escaped with 4 games and not a triple bagel. Rafa the Underwear Model :hearts: needs a real challenge soon.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
careergrandslam is right for once.
Murray, Federer and Soderling could easily beat Nadull on this surface :)

luie
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
:spit:

I think Aenea meant Tomic, not Daniel, tho the idea of Daniel as a talented upstart is hilarious.

manequin75 called it about some Nadal tards starting to sound like 05-06 Fed tards.
Its natural,when a player is successfull ,the by product is blind worship & fanatics .
Fed/nadull are no exceptions,,, if its was novak/murray/roddick achieving GS success it would be even worse than with fed/nadull. Remember 2008 when the nole-trolls came out demanding the golden slam the same year novak won his first slam,dark times those nadull-tards fail in comparison.
Could you imagine the American or British media houses if Murray/roddick won a slam.It would be shoved down our throats how great they are etc..etc..
At least nadull has paid his dues & toiled on tour before he gets his recognition imo.

star
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
I feared Sweeting would play Safina to Rafa's Clijsters, so I'm glad he escaped with 4 games and not a triple bagel. Rafa the Underwear Model :hearts: needs a real challenge soon.

After another match or two is plenty of time. He's still sweating heavily. Not quite back to par. I didn't think he played particularly well last night, but sometimes a player's game is lifted by a better opponent, so I'm still trying to be optimistic.

Smoke944
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
This is what happens when you are 6 foot 5 and have the serve of Cipolla. Average 1st serve of 154 KPH at that size is unfathomably bad.

star
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
This is what happens when you are 6 foot 5 and have the serve of Cipolla. Average 1st serve of 154 KPH at that size is unfathomably bad.

Has it always been this way? I thought he had a bigger serve at one time.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
A 6'5" player with a serve that embarrassing is hilarious.

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
no one is beating the spartan warrior, no one........don't be fooled by his defeats of 2007, 2008.......that is a distant past.......

gone are the days where he used to play 10 feet behind the baseline and used to take 3 hours for first round, second round matches........

come 2011, we have this newly refined edition who smacks anyone........us open surface was the worst of all his slam surfaces, yet no one took him to 5 sets.......djokovic was expected to challenge him but only succeeded in taking one set........

once again it might come down to djokovic to stop this unstoppable force........but what can djokovic do?

Foxy
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
no one is beating the spartan warrior, no one........don't be fooled by his defeats of 2007, 2008.......that is a distant past.......

gone are the days where he used to play 10 feet behind the baseline and used to take 3 hours for first round, second round matches........

come 2011, we have this newly refined edition who smacks anyone........us open surface was the worst of all his slam surfaces, yet no one took him to 5 sets.......djokovic was expected to challenge him but only succeeded in taking one set........

once again it might come down to djokovic to stop this unstoppable force........but what can djokovic do?

Djoko can only pray for death!

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM

concurred........

Nekromanta
01-20-2011, 06:25 PM

Well spoken General Start da Game!!!!

Guy Haines
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
A 6'5" player with a serve that embarrassing is hilarious.

This was true of early Del Potro, which shows how much he developed.

Sweetums isn't going to get around to using his tall that way.

Start da Game
01-20-2011, 06:52 PM
the great nekromanta is back just in time for the AO celebrations, incredible........

FormerRafaFan
01-20-2011, 08:24 PM
After another match or two is plenty of time. He's still sweating heavily. Not quite back to par. I didn't think he played particularly well last night, but sometimes a player's game is lifted by a better opponent, so I'm still trying to be optimistic.

He's sweating heavily because of that fucking SHIRT. The people working at Nike are fucking morons who can't even design a proper shirt for him that actually breathes. A shirt like that is supposed to evaporate the sweat, not let it stay on:rolleyes:

As to the match.. I too actually wish he would face some tougher opponents before a potential clash with the top players. But hopefully that'll come in R4 or the QF. I still think he could win even if he continues to play against crap opponents though. Rafa is good at adapting his game, unlike Fed. And his serve is much better now. Still, I would like to see him more challenged than this, just to be extra prepared to face Söderling/Murray/Fed.

Sapeod
01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
You're a lunatic, General Start da Game!!!!
Fixed.

Everko
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
the great nekromanta is back just in time for the AO celebrations, incredible........

Great to see

Commander Data
01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Freak show in progress.

DrJules
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
careergrandslam is right for once.
Murray, Federer and Soderling could easily beat Nadull on this surface :)

Can only see Murray beating Nadal.

Soderling would have to play the match of his life and Nadal play badly.

Federer struggles against the constant service and forehand attack of Nadal to the backhand side.

Conversely the Nadal backhand attack strategy plays into the Murray backhand which is posibly the best in the modern game and his exceptional movement allows him to utilise the strength.

Raferminator
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM

I agree that this is Djoko's only rational move. But what does he do if God doesn't grant his prayer? :shrug: We don't often get the things we pray for. Could Djoko be satisfied with taking the most games off Rafa in the AO? The record to break right now is 4 games. I think if he won 6 games that would be enough of an achievement. :p

ossie
01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
dont see rafa losing a set this tournament

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 10:51 PM
one thing concerns me, rafa has never won a slam title wearing a red/pink/orange shirt. its his unlucky colour.
even brad gilbert said that red/orange/pink is an unlucky colour for rafa in the US preview last year on ESPN.
so until that trend stops, i am not picking rafa for the title.

something always happens.

and lets face it, 4 in a row has not happened for 40 years, so the odds are not good.

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
one thing concerns me, rafa has never won a slam title wearing a red/pink/orange shirt. its his unlucky colour.
even brad gilbert said that red/orange/pink is an unlucky colour for rafa in the US preview last year on ESPN.

and lets face it, 4 in a row has not happened for 40 years, so the odds are not good.

whats rafa wearing for night matches at the AO? Both semi and finals will be a night match. Would love him to come out in his all black USO outfit with superman music in the background LOL

A_Skywalker
01-20-2011, 11:08 PM

But if he wins AO, he can make it 6 in a row with RG. It will be fantastic.

Manequin75
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM

like your confidence and hope you are right. I would love nothing more than see Rafa bite that AO trophy on Jan 31. Im just not as confident as you. Sure he has good chances but in my head they are a bit below Fed and only very slightly above Murray/Novak. Maybe its my fear considering what is at stake :(

star
01-20-2011, 11:15 PM
dont see rafa losing a set this tournament

Seriously :rolleyes:

But if he wins AO, he can make it 6 in a row with RG. It will be fantastic.

Getting soooooooooo far ahead of yourself.

careergrandslam
01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
im getting less and less confident of rafas chances the more rafans predict he wont lose a set, or he will win 6 slam in a row.

unnecessary jinxing.

nadal_slam_king
01-21-2011, 04:12 AM
LOL a jinx, that's kooky talk :lol:

careergrandslam
01-21-2011, 05:10 AM
LOL a jinx, that's kooky talk :lol:

:rolleyes:

ok if rafa loses this tournament, its all ur fault :lol:

Stefanos13
01-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Not sure if Nadal has completely recovered and I'm worried:
– he was sweating and breathing heavily again during his 2nd round match (some of you said it was the new Nike shirt but I don't think so since his shorts were in the same state too)
– too many unforced errors
– his movement was a little slower

Even though he won, I got flashbacks from Doha during that match. Fighting himself as well as the opponent and generally not his usual self.

I just hope the flu (or whatever it was) can go away by next week, but I fear it's a longer illness than I'd thought.

He's very good at not telling much about his physical condition, but I think it's pretty obvious...

Oh...

Everko
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Rafa should know not to wear pick anymore

TheWall
02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Rafa should know not to wear pick anymore

No spartan should be afraid of a certain color, even if it's pink.

Filo V.
02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
This match showed me exactly why Ryan S. hasn't progressed at all as a player and why he keeps languishing around 120 in the rankings.