Australian Open Rd2: N.Djokovic defeats I.Dodig 7-5,6-7,6-0,6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Australian Open Rd2: N.Djokovic defeats I.Dodig 7-5,6-7,6-0,6-2

Knightmace
01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
:devil:

Dejan16
01-19-2011, 10:40 AM
he lost a set to dodig.....wow sad.

Voo de Mar
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Had D'Joke some set points before the tie-break?

amaze
I wish I could unsee this match back.:(

Alex999
yeah he won but he didn't really want to be there. very bizarre match.

FormerRafaFan
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM
I can't believe Dodig took a set off the Djoker:eek: But that set seemed to change the match completely, since Nole pretty much rolled over Dodig in the two last sets.

Anyway, good to see Nole win it, even though he needed 4 sets, kinda unnecessary, but whatever :p

Hewitt =Legend
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Dodig impressed the hell out of me tonight... gave it 200% and left it all out there on the court. He was just physically and mentally drained after the first 2 sets. He can walk away from Melbourne proud..

As for Nole, he was solid and this won't affect him to much for his upcoming matches..

The Magician
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Dodig should have been up 2-0. Good fight from him, it's obvious he just ran out of gas and Fakervic will mug out to the first top 50 opponent he faces.

zlaja777
01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Awful 2 sets from Novak and then he just toyed with Dodik. R3 agg Troicki will tell a lot about Novak chances to dig deep in here.

finishingmove
01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
fakervic cheats his way into another win ?

Lopez
01-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Dodig was playing out of his mind, getting to a lot of balls and serving bombs.

That got him 1 tight lost set and 1 tight won. Then Nole steamrolled.

I like this aggressive Nole. Reminds me of what I liked about him when I started supporting him :)

Voo de Mar
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Is Dodig a Croatian Florent Serra :confused: For me a main candidate to the worst haircut award ;)

Dejan16
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Dodig should have been up 2-0. Good fight from him, it's obvious he just ran out of gas and Fakervic will mug out to the first top 50 opponent he faces.

:spit:

Alex999
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Is Dodig a Croatian Florent Serra :confused: For me a main candidate to the worst haircut award ;)
:lol:

Nidhogg
01-19-2011, 10:52 AM
First time I've seen Dodig play. One hell of a scrapper, that's for sure, and he's got some decent volleys.

Djokovic didn't come out with the same poise as we saw in his first match and couldn't quite seem to shift gears and boss proceedings the way he'd like. Eventually Dodig ran out of gas though, feeling the effects of his first match.

petar_pan
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
pitty dodig ran out of gas (because of 5 setter in 1st round), he could won this. btw, they stoled him a point in last game of the 1st set.

zlaja777
01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes Dodig surprised me to with some great volleys.

petar_pan
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Dodig is from the same place like Marin Cilic is: Medjugorje. there is only 1 000 people in that place. quite good to have 2 top 100 players. amazing actually

nole_no1
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm glad he won but...loosing a set to Dodig :scared:

shuhrat
01-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Had D'Joke some set points before the tie-break?
Nope. From 30-0 to 30-40 and got broken. :o

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/pointstream/index.html
BTW, you can follow the match here point by point. :)

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
fakervic cheats his way into another win ?

Hey be nice. :p

FlameOn
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Nole how could you choke that second set. :smash:

Vida
01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
pitty dodig run out of gas (because of 5 setter in 1st round), he could won this. btw, i they stoled him a point in last game of the 1st set.

my ass.

Voo de Mar
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Nope. From 30-0 to 30-40 and got broken. :o

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/pointstream/index.html
BTW, you can follow the match here point by point. :)

Thanks :yeah: I prefer http://www.tennisbetsite.com/ unfortunately there are some mistakes sometimes, also today - there's written D'Joke led 40-0 in that game but later was 30-30 :o :D

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
pitty dodig run out of gas (because of 5 setter in 1st round), he could won this. btw, i they stoled him a point in last game of the 1st set.

You're out of your head. It was never in doubt. :cuckoo:

iriraz
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
If Djokovic doesn`t play at night on center court the chance he plays average to poor is very high

sk1001
01-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Dissapointing it took the second set for Novak to fire up.
Especially 30-0 serving for the set.

Vida
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
djoko wins this shit, believe you me.

Start da Game
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
djoko wins this shit, believe you me.

he is the only player who can beat nadal in this tournament.......

Start da Game
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
but the problem is, he will get one or two day matches under the sun and that will take a lot out of him........if he survives the "sun rounds", he will be a real force come semifinal.......

Blackbriar
01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Not good for Djokovic, but he has a bye to 4th.

oranges
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Good effort from Dodig and good tournament for him :yeah:

Orka_n
01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
he is the only player who can beat nadal in this tournament.......:lol: Why do all these Nadaltards also revere Novak? That has always been a mystery to me. :scratch:

Also, Dodig played with high intensity for the first two sets and he deserved that second set. Kudos to him. It was obvious though that he needed to stay at his absolute best to present a challenge for Djokovic and that clearly wasn't gonna happen for 2 more sets.

Start da Game
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
:lol: Why do all these Nadaltards also revere Novak? That has always been a mystery to me. :scratch:

Also, Dodig played with high intensity for the first two sets and he deserved that second set. Kudos to him. It was obvious though that he needed to stay at his absolute best to present a challenge for Djokovic and that clearly wasn't gonna happen for 2 more sets.

djokovic is also a fighter, that's why........he has physical issues and still challenges nadal and your god at the biggest stages in tennis.......

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
:lol: Why do all these Nadaltards also revere Novak? That has always been a mystery to me. :scratch:

But isn't that the case with all the elite players? lower-ranked/inferior players can't sustain a 150% performance against them for 5 sets. That's why usually only the top 5/6 players make the semis and finals.

emotion
01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Dodig played well, but Nole's backhand was shaky.

Sophocles
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM

Because they're not Nadal fans, they're Federer haters, & Djoker has been more of a threat to Fed than to Nadal in slams.

emotion
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Because they're not Nadal fans, they're Federer haters, & Djoker has been more of a threat to Fed than to Nadal in slams.

Makes me very lonely.

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Some true and some not. A lot of Nadal fans I know genuinely appreciate and like Djokovic (just watch the "10 Favorite Active Players" thread) because these two have a good history and a lot of tight well contested epic matches that fans can appreciate. Nadal and Djokovic have a great rivalry of their own even if Nadal has had the upper hand in most of their matches.
Let's just wait a few more years to see if those fans will think the same about Novak if the balance turns down. :lol:

tektonac
01-19-2011, 02:54 PM
:devil:

he he, have u checked Federer vs Simon ;)

tektonac
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Must be a nice little schema by "Gospa from Medjugorje" ?

tektonac
01-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Must be a nice little schema by "Gospa from Medjugorje" ?

Sorry, should've been a reply to :

Dodig is from the same place like Marin Cilic is: Medjugorje. there is only 1 000 people in that place. quite good to have 2 top 100 players. amazing actually

petar_pan
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
it's seems some of you didn't wach the match. if somebody play 2 tight sets and win one of them, he surely can win the match. but if he run out of gas, it's obvious he will loose.

Big_Juicy
01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
it's seems some of you didn't whach the match. if somebody played 2 tight sets and wom one of them, he surely can win the match. but if he run out of gas, it's obvious you will loose.

Of course, it had nothing to do with Djokovic's play, but only because Dodik ran out of gas..

:D

paseo
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Because Djokovic is able to beat Fed, but a completely non-threat to Nadal at the slams.

Yes, as cocky as the NadalTards here, they're worried every time Nadal faces Fed. So, they're hoping Djokovic can take out Fed, so Nadal doesn't have to face him. They will never admit it here, but even they know that if Fed brings his best game, the only thing that can save Nadal is clay. And there's no clay at the AO :D

petar_pan
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Of course, it had nothing to do with Djokovic's play, but only because Dodik ran out of gas..

:D

when you run out of gas you can't run, you can't hit so opponent will win easily (hit big) like djokovic did. it's just seems opponent play better because you are crap. there is also mental adventage for opponent in that moement: he see that other guy can't do shit and he get confidence and start to play better. dodig could won this but he got tired. player can raise his game too.

Start da Game
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Because Djokovic is able to beat Fed, but a completely non-threat to Nadal at the slams.

Yes, as cocky as the NadalTards here, they're worried every time Nadal faces Fed. So, they're hoping Djokovic can take out Fed, so Nadal doesn't have to face him. They will never admit it here, but even they know that if Fed brings his best game, the only thing that can save Nadal is clay. And there's no clay at the AO :D

wronger words have never been spoken........fedclown brought his best game to ao final two years ago and was reduced to tears in the final by a spent out nadal........imagine what a fully energetic nadal would do to him.......

djokovic is the one player who can challenge nadal.......solid off both wings and devastating in night matches........

Ashlar77
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Nole :yeah:

shiaben
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Most of the times Novak plays someone from former Yugoslavia, it is as if he's destined to give them one free set at the least. Anxiety not sure.

Raquel
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
From the highlights Mats Wilander seemed to be making quite a lot about how resevered and quiet Djokovic was in comparison to previous years, as if this was something he was working on. Did anyone notice anything particularly different about him?

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
From the highlights Mats Wilander seemed to be making quite a lot about how resevered and quiet Djokovic was in comparison to previous years, as if this was something he was working on. Did anyone notice anything particularly different about him?

Yep. He was completely emotionless, like he wasn't there. He'd been like that a couple of times last year during his slump. I don't know if that's positive or negative for Nole. :awww:
I think showing a bit of emotion is good for him, but when he gets overdramatic it hurts his game. So i dunno really.

Vida
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
he is the only player who can beat nadal in this tournament.......

I think Nadal is bit more vulnerable here. Other players might feel extra-fresh cause of the new season, and cause Nadal hasnt had excellent run-in to the Slam; and he was extra extra humble this time around.

Murray, Djokovic, even Fed, with his late spark, can take him out.

Big part in Nadals 'score' are the wheels, they have to catch on.

«Ivan»
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Yep. He was completely emotionless, like he wasn't there. He'd been like that a couple of times last year during his slump. I don't know if that's positive or negative for Nole. :awww:
I think showing a bit of emotion is good for him, but when he gets overdramatic it hurts his game. So i dunno really.

emotionless nole is always bad nole,not in da mood nole,smth bothers him nole.sad.

Seingeist
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
This was a very disappointing match (well, I only watched the first two sets). Credit to Dodig for playing pretty solidly in those first two sets, but Djokovic was playing badly. His first serve % was lousy, and when they did go in, they weren't that stellar anyway; he couldn't seem to find the range on his backhand, so he was spraying more UE's than winners; and he couldn't get a read on Dodig's serve, so his usually excellent ROS was absent.

After people were glowing about the Granollers match, I was eager to see Nole play, and was rather put out that I had stayed up so late (here in eastern US) to watch Djokovic put in such a comparatively lackluster performance.

zerocool_
01-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Didn't he played Granollers in first round who is #42 atm? And he won 6:1 6:3 6:1? This haters are funny :lol:

«Ivan»
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Didn't he played Granollers in first round who is #42 atm? And he won 6:1 6:3 6:1? This haters are funny :lol:

kao i uvijek magician mamlazi.

Vida
01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
This was a very disappointing match (well, I only watched the first two sets). Credit to Dodig for playing pretty solidly in those first two sets, but Djokovic was playing badly. His first serve % was lousy, and when they did go in, they weren't that stellar anyway; he couldn't seem to find the range on his backhand, so he was spraying more UE's than winners; and he couldn't get a read on Dodig's serve, so his usually excellent ROS was absent.

After people were glowing about the Granollers match, I was eager to see Nole play, and was rather put out that I had stayed up so late (here in eastern US) to watch Djokovic put in such a comparatively lackluster performance.

probably, in big part it was deliberate :shrug:

allpro
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM

yeah, kinda the same way donkey and soderclown have attained cult status among fedturd/rafahaters.

Mr. Oracle
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
pitty dodig ran out of gas (because of 5 setter in 1st round), he could won this. btw, they stoled him a point in last game of the 1st set.

Coulda !!Woulda !! Shoulda !!.

You Coulda been a fireman too but you are not.

Tennis is about 5 sets and not going all out in the first couple sets. He didn't "stoled / stalled / stooled" nothing / anything !!:haha:

Mr. Oracle
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM

Lots of hail marys have ensured their place in the top 100 for sure !! Next the visions will follow and more tourists !!

Orka_n
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
djokovic is also a fighter, that's why........he has physical issues and still challenges nadal and your god at the biggest stages in tennis.......Everyone in the top are fighters, genius. What kind of reason is that. And stop calling Federer my "god". You worship Nadal a lot more than I care for Federer you absolute clown.

Also, thanks Hadrian. Got it.

Nole fan
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Maybe you should have stuck for the rest of the match. :)

The important thing here is not that he struggled in the first two sets but that he overcome that slump in play and immediately imposed himself in the following two sets with ease. That's what great players do, right? :shrug:

MIMIC
01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodig defended very well. Djoker was just unable to put the point away and Dodig managed to outlast him a lot, especially when Djoker missed time after time after time.

Then I think Djoker was tired of messing around and just opened up. That, and Dodig spent all of his energy in the 2nd set.