Fed vs Nadal Aus Final? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed vs Nadal Aus Final?

tests
01-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Does anyone really want to see this happen? Fedal finals just do not intrigue me anymore. I do not think most of there matches have been of high quality (2009 aus open was a good match, but i hate to watch federer choke against nadal). I am actually a fan of both, and i do not favor one over the other, but it just seems its the same old story over and over again.

If these two do play, i want to see them both at the peak of their powers (obviously fed past his peak, but he is regaining form), a match similar to rome 2006.

Its unfortunate how Murray is always in nadals half, it would be awesome if we could have a nadal murray final (The match between them last year was incredibly intense, despite murray winning 2 straight sets).

A djoker/nadal final, if djoker is not gassed out (When is he not??) would be entertaining as well.

What do you guys think, do you prefer fedal final?

amaze
01-19-2011, 06:29 AM
As a huge fan of the sport of tennis I do not prefer to observe Nadal in the final regardless the opponent he will play against. Basically apart from 1 and a half Wimbledon finals we haven't ever seen any semi-decent GS final with Nadal. The guy just doesn't have it.:(

10is-
01-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Please God NO! As a Fed fan I don't mind him losing if despite playing his best his opponent manages to win (Aus Open 05 vs Marat being the classic example). Unfortunately vs Nadal in GS as of late, Federer either plays extremely subpar or starts off with a bang and inevitably ends up choking big time. It's really unsettling to watch and utterly unappealing as a tennis fan. The rivalry has simply been too hyped up.

tests
01-19-2011, 06:55 AM
yeah, its like federer abandons the game plan that works for him.

And nadal... topspin to backhand topspin to backhand, gets boring after a while.

nadal_slam_king
01-19-2011, 07:21 AM
As a huge fan of the sport of tennis I do not prefer to observe Nadal in the final regardless the opponent he will play against. Basically apart from 1 and a half Wimbledon finals we haven't ever seen any semi-decent GS final with Nadal. The guy just doesn't have it.:(

So you didn't appreciate his 5 Roland Garros Finals? He played perhaps the most perfect match in RG history in 2010 and 2008, both were sublimely perfect. And his 2010 US Open Final was 100% polished.

shiaben
01-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Federer vs Murray
Nadal vs Murray
Djokovic vs Murray
Federer vs Djokovic
Nadal vs Djokovic
Federer vs Nadal

I think would all make great finals at this point as long as neither of the guys choke.

I just hope to see a Djokovic vs Murray final sometime soon, at least a semifinal for God's sakes.

Hard to see it happen when each and every time they put the guys on opposite ends.

amaze
01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
So you didn't appreciate his 5 Roland Garros Finals? He played perhaps the most perfect match in RG history in 2010 and 2008, both were sublimely perfect. And his 2010 US Open Final was 100% polished.
Why do you think that a neutral tennis fan like me would appericate whose 5 full of predictability and one-sidedness finals?:confused: 'Perfect' does not reflect its watchability whatsoever.

nadal_slam_king
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Why do you think that a neutral tennis fan like me would appericate whose 5 full of predictability and one-sidedness finals?:confused: 'Perfect' does not reflect its watchability whatsoever.

Oh I thought you meant Rafa's performance. I see.

Igede
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Nah Murray got this

Chartreuse
01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think we will have a Fedal final...

Jaz
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Not gonna happen.

Federer still has a lot of hurdles to cross.

Topspindoctor
01-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Nah Murray got this

We all know how Mugray finals usually go. Three routine sets, then lots of tears.

HKz
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
It would be interesting. I guess that is the final many want to see since we haven't had a Fedal final since their previous match in Australia. It would be merely interesting to see who wins, not for the quality. Just like how overrated Wimbledon 2008 is, their matches are so up and down, and it is quite uncommon to see them peak at the same time in the match. Of course it is tough for that to occur since their style of play is pretty different. It isn't like Federer/Nalbandian where they are just working the point left and right, up and down. Federer and Nadal matches pretty much rest on the Nadal forehand and Federer backhand with Nadal just playing the percentages and Federer trying to increase his percentages.

ApproachShot
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Were this to happen, would they be the first pairing to contest three different Grand Slam tournament finals against each other at least twice each?

dodo
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Please God NO! As a Fed fan I don't mind him losing if despite playing his best his opponent manages to win (Aus Open 05 vs Marat being the classic example). Unfortunately vs Nadal in GS as of late, Federer either plays extremely subpar or starts off with a bang and inevitably ends up choking big time. It's really unsettling to watch and utterly unappealing as a tennis fan. The rivalry has simply been too hyped up.

yeah, its like federer abandons the game plan that works for him.

And nadal... topspin to backhand topspin to backhand, gets boring after a while.
this about sums it up for me.