Jurgen at the AO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Jurgen at the AO

MightyJurgenfan
01-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Jurgen is playing his first round match right now. He has won the first set and I want him to win in three straight sets. He can do it.

MightyJurgenfan
01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
He did it. Jurgen defeated Millot (FRA) 6-2,6-44,6-2
Keep it up Jurgen

RafaFan95
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Good Start but it was an easy opponent. I think the second round will also be easy but then its hard. I hope he is in Top10 after AO.

MightyJurgenfan
01-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Jurgen won against Baghdatios 6-7 (5), 6-2, 6-1, 4-3 Retired. Bag retired because of an injured finger. He said he hurt it against Del Potro. Next Jurgen plays Andy Murray. His record against Murray is terrible 0-4. Jurgen has matured since all those losses and feels he has a good chance.

Against Bag. Jurgen started poorly losing the first set and getting broken right away in the second set. He was down 0-2 in the second set and won it 6-2. He quote says the top 10 is not set yet because strange things can happeen and he will believe it went the rankings come out after the AO is finished. Youzhny lost so I believe that will allow Jurgen to reach the Top 10. He will be the first Austrian in the Top 10 since Muster. Keep it up Jurgen.

RafaFan95
01-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeees! Jurgen is in Top 10! The only one who can destroy this is Wawrinka but he must win the tournament. So, Jurgen you are the best! I am so happy.

MightyJurgenfan
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I know I feel Jurgen should finally beat Andy Murray, but the experts don't seem t o agree.

Jurgen Melzer (11) vs. Andy Murray (5) - Melzer is a win away from his first non-clay Grand Slam quarterfinal, an accomplishment a long time coming considering he first took the field at Wimbledon in 2000. Unfortunately, Melzer is downright dismal in his career against Top 10 players, 11-44 to date, and he's 0-for-4 against the 23-year-old Murray.

The Scot is getting to that point again when people start asking about his ability to win "the big one." He lost in the final here a year ago to Roger Federer, and for his career, he's 51-14 in the first four rounds of the majors, but just 6-6 in the quarterfinals or later.

Murray has been a machine through the first three rounds, not losing more than three games in any one set. With his three straight wins to start the season, Murray has emerged victorious in 13 of his last 17 matches. With Mikhail Youzhny upset in the third round, Melzer will pass him and reach the Top 10 for the first time in his career regardless of what he does from here, but a couple more wins will have him there for a good while to come

emotion
01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
not a great start, but on serve

MightyJurgenfan
01-24-2011, 03:42 AM
He keeps over hitting. Our TV has switched to a woman's match.

MightyJurgenfan
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Jurgen was out played by a better player last night. Andy played great, was fast on the court and hardly made an error. Jurgen was surprised when he would hit what he believed to be a winner and Andy hit it back for a winner. Jurgen made a great many errors. His temper got the best of him several times. That has always been a problem for him.
He can feel proud of how well he did in the singles. Now he still has doubles against the Bryans. I am not a fan of the twins and want Jurgen and Philip to win. Crossing my fingers for them.

MightyJurgenfan
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
This article is from the AP site.

World No. 5 Andy Murray may have opened with a double fault in his fourth-round clash with Jurgen Melzer on Monday, but it could not have been in more stark contrast with what was to come from the Scot, who delivered a masterclass to dismantle his Austrian opponent 6-3, 6-1, 6-1.

The Scot is on course for a second successive final appearance at the Australian Open, having lost no more than three games in any of the 12 sets he has played to his point, and next will look to halt the giant-killing run of Alexandr Dolgopolov in the quarter-finals.

"I feel good," said Murray. "It's been a very good start, but it's going to get much tougher. I'm not expecting to go through the tournament winning matches like that, with that score line. So I'm ready for that mentally when it does get tough. Today I hit the ball the best I had done of the first few matches

emotion
01-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Very poor match after an ok 1st set