Davis Cup [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup

~EMiLiTA~
09-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Carlos just lost to Mathieu 6-3 3-6 2-6 6-3 6-3 :eek:

Jogg
09-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Carlos just lost to Mathieu 6-3 3-6 2-6 6-3 6-3 :eek:

It was a really strange match. Lots of unforced errors. I guess he was just a bit nervous and trying a bit too hard.

~EMiLiTA~
09-25-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah, well I've just seen that he's pulled out of Bangkok due to a shoulder injury so maybe that hampered him a bit in the match...I'd say they'll put Tommy in to play against Santoro tomorrow seeing as he has a 5-0 record against him...unless they don't put Santoro...we'll just have to see!

Deco
09-25-2004, 12:01 PM
poor carlos..

Red~Ruby
09-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Yah poor Moya that his shoulder is hurting, thus pulling out of Bangkok, well it's all good, this can give him some rest with no travelling for a while.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY SPAIN is in the FINAL OF DC and it will be HOSTED IN SPAIN!!!! well hopefully on clay!
amazing Nadal beat Aurn. Clem. in straight sets,....that boy is risin' on up!

Wow I didn't know Robredo is 5-0 to Santoro.

Get well soon Moya we always support you dude!!!!!!!!!!

hey did you guys know that Moya in arabic means water? cool!

nando
09-27-2004, 06:48 AM
it means water? hahahahahaha very cool!

Fergie
09-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Sevilla is a great option :D ... Vamos España :banana:

Deco
09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Vamos Barcelona! I read that Carlos lives there, but that was on a site that was was last updated in '98:S , and i read somewhere else that he lives in 'zitserland' *help! I dno't know the name in English anymore!:S* where does he live now?

Carolinita
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Vamos Barcelona! I read that Carlos lives there, but that was on a site that was was last updated in '98:S , and i read somewhere else that he lives in 'zitserland' *help! I dno't know the name in English anymore!:S* where does he live now?

His official residence is in Switzerland, but actually he lives in Barcelona. This situation only is 'cause of the taxes. Since they earn a lot of money, they must pay many taxes; but there are countries as Switzerland where the residents pay less taxes. So, many players establish his residence in this type of countries ;) (these countries are named "tax paradises")
Also his family and friends live in Spain, so why should he live in Switzerland? :shrug:

Pancakesong
09-28-2004, 07:50 PM
hope he lives in spain..

merle
09-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Girls, I think his official residence is still Geneva in Switzerland. Dunno how much time he is spending there now, a couple of years back quite a bunch of guys had apartments there and trained there in between tournaments.

liptea
09-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Girls, I think his official residence is still Geneva in Switzerland. Dunno how much time he is spending there now, a couple of years back quite a bunch of guys had apartments there and trained there in between tournaments.

When he hurt his back, wasn't his trainer Swiss? So he might have moved there for more convenient back help.

Red~Ruby
09-30-2004, 05:10 AM
OMG r u serious he lives in Geneva, Switzerland! (:zzz:Imagining Moya jogging near lake in Switzerland :rolleyes:...........nope can't see it! :)

He always striked me of the homeboy of Espania!

Anyway I just wanted to say how much absolutely positively out of this world estatic happiness I am that the Davis Cup is gonna be hosted in Spain!

I am happy for them that they don't have to be in the midst of all the cheering american fans.

Eruwen
09-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Anyway I just wanted to say how much absolutely positively out of this world estatic happiness I am that the Davis Cup is gonna be hosted in Spain!

I am happy for them that they don't have to be in the midst of all the cheering american fans. So am I! This also means that there's a chance I can go see it :D And this time there will be 20,000 Spanish fans cheering :yeah:

merle
09-30-2004, 11:32 AM
OMG r u serious he lives in Geneva, Switzerland! (:zzz:Imagining Moya jogging near lake in Switzerland :rolleyes:...........nope can't see it! :)

Ruby, it's not like he spends a lot of time there. I don't know even if he still has the apartment there, for example I've heard that Marat sold his Geneva apartment, but I don't know that for sure. Maybe Carlos would still like some peace and quiet from time to time! ;)
Actually I pray that he can take care of his injuries fast and have a good roll again during the indoor season! It's been enough choking for one year! :mad: :o

Deco
09-30-2004, 08:59 PM
yeah you're right. I want him to see to win a grandslam!

*This is my 150th post!! :worship:

merle
09-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi Deco! :wavey: Yeah, time for another grandslam! Maybe AO! :banana:

~EMiLiTA~
10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
I'll say!! If he won the AO I'd be like :woohoo:

Deco
10-04-2004, 05:30 PM
haha me too!!! *box*

nando
10-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I really wish he could win another slam. I think he has the capability to win 3 or 4.

Deco
10-05-2004, 03:53 PM
yeah:D
sometimes he is 'onzeker' (unsure?) about himself, that is not good:(

claudine140
10-06-2004, 05:57 AM
indeed, when the opponent is a hard fighter moya become unsure, sometimes he chose for the wrong ball and makes it easy for the other to win the point. It depends how good he is playing, when he is making many errors than he plays unsure, but when he makes many winners, when his fh is running he is deathly.

Deco
10-14-2004, 04:14 PM
yeah idd;)

Agassi Fan
10-18-2004, 04:23 PM
I hope, that Carlos will be 100% fit for the DC final. He is the best from the spain players.

~EMiLiTA~
10-19-2004, 03:33 PM
yeah...I'd also like to see him play in the Masters Cup, but I don't know if he'll go

Agassi Fan
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Vamos Carlos, win the DC final!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlita
11-24-2004, 10:08 AM
:wavey: Hello my Dutch MTF friends... look what it says on the official Davis Cup Site:

Netherlands : NOS

Live until tie decided :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would they?????? Really???? Nothing in the tv guide.... :confused: Maybe in another one...... still, little spark of light on the Dutch Tennis TV horizon :rolleyes:

Eruwen
11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
:wavey: Hello my Dutch MTF friends... look what it says on the official Davis Cup Site:

Netherlands : NOS

Live until tie decided :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would they?????? Really???? Nothing in the tv guide.... :confused: Maybe in another one...... still, little spark of light on the Dutch Tennis TV horizon :rolleyes:I know!!!!!!! I'm reading the tv guide now (veronica), and the 'tv vandaag' thingy has a tiny tiny little article on the final, and it says 'nederland 2 22.55'. So that's probably just a summary... hopefully they'll show it live saturday and sunday! But I guess we'll have to wait another week to find out... But like you said, there is hope! :banana:

Deco
11-25-2004, 09:20 PM
:D

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Good luck,Calros.I believe in you!!! :)

Deco
11-29-2004, 01:58 PM
you will lead Spain to victory!

claudine140
11-30-2004, 01:17 PM
I know!!!!!!! I'm reading the tv guide now (veronica), and the 'tv vandaag' thingy has a tiny tiny little article on the final, and it says 'nederland 2 22.55'. So that's probably just a summary... hopefully they'll show it live saturday and sunday! But I guess we'll have to wait another week to find out... But like you said, there is hope! :banana:
will the netherland television shows matches from the dc final??? haven't found any information about this

Carlita
11-30-2004, 02:36 PM
will the netherland television shows matches from the dc final??? haven't found any information about this

Well, :rolleyes: , we should be so lucky! The official DC site says they will... nothing in the tv guide, except a summary at the end of the day....maybe on Saturday and Sunday.... in Studio Sport....IF we don't have speedskating, cycling or some other grrrrrrrrrreat sports..... I think we'll have to make do with the internet scoreboards and maybe internet tv :sad:

then again...with NOS/Studio Sport...you never know! They MIGHT surprise us! I won't hold my breath though...... :rolleyes:

Eruwen
11-30-2004, 04:53 PM
will the netherland television shows matches from the dc final??? haven't found any information about this Well, I was hoping to find out today... but my tv guide is a day late! :mad: So I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Agassi Fan
11-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Good luck in the CD CArlos!

~EMiLiTA~
12-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, here are some interview with Carlos and JC which I've translated for you...

En sus manos

Carlos Moyà / J.C. Ferrero, jugadores del equipo español

Ángel Rigueira

02/12/04 03:00 h.Los dos han sido nº1 mundial, ambos han ganado Roland Garros. Son dos estrellas a nivel internacional que ya coincidieron en los individuales de la final del año pasado en la hierba de Melbourne. Aunque su camino en la Copa Davis comenzó de manera muy diferente, ahora unen fuerzas junto a Robredo y Nadal para compartir la gloria colectiva y también saldar cuentas personales.

Moyà desea quitarse el mal sabor de boca de haberse perdido el éxito del 2000; Juan Carlos Ferrero, el héroe del Sant Jordi, quiere otra 'ensaladera' para olvidarse de su peor año en el circuito profesional.

CARLOS MOYÀ

Cuando se habla de Carlos Moyà y la Copa Davis, el recuerdo de su ausencia en 2000 se dispara.
Fue un golpe duro, como la lesión de espalda que sufrí antes. Pero luego me ayudaron mucho para volver al primer plano. Fueron el motor para superarme.

La Davis es su gran asignatura pendiente. ¿Teme que le pueda vencer la ansiedad?
Lo veo más como una motivación. Prefiero fijarme un objetivo, luchar por algo en concreto. Quería ser número uno, y lo fui; quería ganar un Grand Slam, y lo conseguí. Siempre he funcionado así, marcándome metas. Cuando tienes algo en mente, te lo curras más.

¿Afronta Sevilla como una última oportunidad?
Prefiero ser optimista y pensar que ésta no se va a escapar. En casa y sobre tierra hay pocos equipos a nuestro nivel, sólo Argentina y quizás Chile. Si estamos bien, ante EE.UU. somos favoritos.

En el peor de los casos, ¿cree en una nueva oportunidad?
Si perdemos, ya se verá qué pasa. De lo que sí estoy seguro es que el equipo español estará en más finales los próximos años. Lo que no sé es si yo seguiré estando en el equipo porque hay mucha gente por detrás que viene apretando fuerte. Aunque yo cada vez estoy jugando mejor y sigo aguantando arriba.

Como nº1 español, se medirá el primer día al número dos americano, Fish, el rival más débil. Mucha responsabilidad, sin duda.
Sí, pero estamos acostumbrados a estas situaciones de presión. Y la misión no es sólo ganar a Fish, sino a quien sea para sumar los tres puntos. No podemos despreciar ningún punto, ni siquiera el doble. Yo confío en Nadal y Robredo por muy fuertes que sean los Bryan.

El 'coco' es Roddick, con un 12-0 sobre los españoles del equipo.
Por nombre, que también cuenta, y ránking es el mayor peligro. Es cierto que nunca le hemos ganado, pero yo por ejemplo no me he enfrentado a él todavía en tierra, donde su saque hace menos daño. Tampoco en su día conseguía batir a Ljubicic o Gaudio, y acabé haciéndolo. Con Philippoussis no había podido en pista rápida, y le batí en la final del año pasado. Siempre hay una primera vez, y espero que llegue en Sevilla.

Se miden además a un equipo que se declara hambriento de Davis.
Los jóvenes americanos han mostrado mucho interés por la Copa Davis y son muy patriotas, pero a ganas a nosotros no nos gana nadie.

¿Le preocupa que Ferrero llegue a la final tras una temporada tan complicada?
Tiene tantas ganas de ganar la Davis como yo. No ha tenido suerte este año, pero es un grandísimo jugador y seguro que en Sevilla hará el partido bueno del año

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO

Pese a una temporada con tantos incidentes que le ha llevado del nº1 ATP al 31, no ha dejado de sonar como titular para los individuales. ¿A qué se debe?
A que yo siempre he dado el callo en Copa Davis. Es una competición en la que me he entregado al máximo, porque me encanta, y no suelo fallar.

Hace dos meses, en Madrid, envió sin embargo muchas señales de alarma. Parecía hastiado.
Es que ha sido una temporada complicada. Me tomé veinte días de vacaciones, para descansar, y volví como nuevo a los entrenamientos. Y le aseguro que me he entregado a fondo en la preparación de la Davis. Si no estuviera bien, yo sería el primero que lo diría en beneficio del equipo.

¿LLegó a pensar en gafes o maldiciones?
No, no creo en esas cosas. En una carrera es lógico que haya buenos y malos momentos. Tuve la varicela, la fisura en la costilla, y eso acabó marcando negativamente toda la temporada.

¿La ampolla en el dedo pulgar de la mano derecha tampoco debe ser problema?
No me molesta apenas, lo que pasa es que el vendaje es aparatoso y parece otra cosa.

¿Ganar otra Davis serviría de trampolín para su carrera?
No hay que mezclar las cosas. Pase lo que pase en Sevilla, afrontaré con las mismas ganas la próxima temporada. Tengo tenis para recuperarme en el ránking.

Ya tiene una 'ensaladera'. ¿Qué significaría la segunda? Se convertiría en el español más laureado y de momento ya es el que ha disputado más finales.
Estoy deseando ganarla para darme por fin una alegría este año. Ya estar en una tercera final con sólo 24 años es un dato al que le doy mucho valor, supone mucho para mí. Es una prueba de lo mucho que me gusa la Davis y del potencial que tiene el equipo español.

En Barcelona era el jovencito del equipo, aquí su cota de responsabilidad ha subido.
Sí, soy el más experto en finales, pero en el partido contra Hewitt, por muy joven que fuera, le aseguro que sentí tanta presión como pueda tener en Sevilla. Es uno de los recuerdos más vivos que me han quedado, esa tensión con la que tenía que convivir.

¿Qué consejos le puede dar a sus compañeros para afrontar una final en casa?
Cada uno sabe lo que tiene que hacer, pero remarcaría que hay que tomarse las cosas con mucha calma. Hay que ser pacientes, ya se vio en Barcelona cómo cambiaron las cosas en un momento. Habíamos perdido el primer partido y Rafter me ganó el set inicial en el segundo encuentro. Pero le dimos la vuelta a la situación.

¿Qué opina del rival?
Estados Unidos tiene un muy buen equipo. Si partimos en ventaja es por la tierra batida y porque jugamos en casa, pero aun así son peligrosos. Ahora bien, si perdiéramos, no dudo que tendremos nuevas oportunidades. Nos quedan más finales por delante, tenemos equipo para eso

IN THEIR HANDS

Both have been number 1, both have won Roland Garros. Both are stars at an international level that played the the singles in the Davis Cup final last year on grass in Melbourne. Although their Davis Cup paths started somewhat differently, they now join forces with Robredo and Nadal to share the collective glory and settle personal issues.

Moyà wants to get rid of the bad taste left in his mouth after having to miss out on the success of 2000; Juan Carlos Ferrero, hero of St. Jordi wants another "salad bowl" to make him forget what has been his worst year on the professional circuit.

CARLOS MOYA

When one speaks about Carlos Moyà and the Davis Cup the memory of your absence in 2000 goes away
It was a hard knock, like the back injury I suffered from before. But then people helped me a lot to get back to the top. It was the drive to get myself over it.

The Davis cup is the one main thing still left to achieve. Are you afraid that the anxiety could get the better of you?
I see it more as a motivation. I prefer to have a fixed goal, strive for something concrete. I wanted to be number 1, and I was, I wanted to win a Grand Slam, and I did. I've always worked like that, setting goals. If you have something in mind, you work harder for it

Are you thinking of Seville as a last chance?
I'd rather be optimistic and think that it's not going to elude me. At home playing on clay there are few teams that are at the same level as us, only Argentina and maybe Chile. If we're fit against the USA, we're the favourites

In the worst case scenario, do you believe there'll be another chance?
If we lose, we'll have to see what happens. What I'm definitely sure of is that the Spanish team will be in more finals in the next few years. What I don't know is if I'll keep being in the team because there are a lot of guys coming up who are pushing hard. Although I'm also playing better all the time and keep staying at the top

Being the number 1 Spaniard, you'll face the number 2 American, Fish, the weaker opponent, on the first day. Definitely a big responsability
Yes, but we're used to these situations of being under pressure. And the mission isn't just to beat Fish, but rather to beat whoever to win the 3 rubbers. We can't underestimate any of the rubbers, not even the doubles. I have faith in Nadal and Robredo, despite the fact that the Bryans are very strong.

The 'bogey' is Roddick, who has a 12-0 record over the Spaniards in the team
By name, which also counts, and by ranking, he's the biggest danger. That's right that none of us have beaten him, but for example, I've never played him on clay, where his serve doesn't do as much damage. He also wasn't able to beat Ljubicic or Gaudio on the day, and I was able to. With Philippoussis I had never been able to beat him on hard courts, and yet I beat him in last year's final. There's always a first time and I hope it comes in Seville.

You're also up against a team who are hungry for the Davis Cup
The young Americans have shown a lot of interest in the Davis Cup and they're very patriotic. But when it comes to desire, nobody beats us.

Does it bother you that Ferrero has got to the final after such a tough season?
He wants to play the Davis Cup just as much as I do. He hasn't had much luck this year but he's a great player and I'm sure that in Seville, he'll do his best match of the year

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO

Despite a season which has had so many incidents that you've gone from number 1 to number 31, there's never been question you'd not play the singles. Why is that?
Because I've always been dedicated to the Davis cup. It's a competition in which I always give my all, because I love it. And I don't usually disappoint.

2 months ago in Madrid, you set the alarm bells ringing. You seemed worn out
That's because it's been a tough season. I took 20 days of holidays to rest and then returned to training once again. And I can assure you that I devoted myself completely to Davis Cup preparation. If I wasn't fit, I'd be the first one to say it for the benefit of the team

Did you ever think you'd been jinxed or cursed?
No, I don't believe in those things. In a career it's normal to have highs and lows. I had chicen pox, a cracked rib and that ended up marring the whole season.

The blister on the right thumb isn't a problem then?
It hardly bothers me. It's just that the bandage is big and it looks like something else

Winning another Davis Cup would be like a springboard for your career?
You mustn't mix things up. Whatever happens in Seville, I'll go into next season with the same desire. I have the tennis to be able to get my ranking back on track

You already have one "salad bowl". What would a second one mean to you? You'd become the most honourable Spaniard and for the moment, you're the one who's competed in the most number of finals
I'm hoping to win it to finally be able to get some joy out of this year. To already be in my third final at just 24 which I value a lot, it means a lot to me. It's proof of how much I like the Davis Cup and the potential that the Spanish team has.

In Barcelona you were the baby, now your responsability has increased
Yes, I'm the most experienced when it comes to finals, but in the match against Hewitt, despite how young I was, I can assure you that I felt as much pressure as I would in Seville. It's one of my most vivid memories, the pressure I had to cope with

What advice can you give your team-mates when playing the final at home?
Each one knows what he has to do, but I would reiterate that you have to take things very calmly. You have to be patient. We already saw in Barcelona how things could change in the space of a moment. We had lost the first match and Rafter took the first set off me in the second match. But we turned the situation around

What do you think of your opponents?
The USA has a very good team. If we start off as favourites, it's because of the clay and because we're at home, but they're still dangerous. If we were to lose, I've no doubt we would have other chances. We've got a lot of finals ahead of us. We have the right team for it.

Carlita
12-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Some pix from DC Draw :D

Eruwen
12-02-2004, 02:16 PM
The 'bogey' is Roddick, who has a 12-0 record over the Spaniards in the team
By name, which also counts, and big ranking, he's the biggest danger. That's right that none of us have beaten him, but for example, I've never played him on clay, where his serve doesn't do as much damage. He also wasn't able to beat Ljubicic
or Gaudio on the day, and I was able to. With Philippoussis I had never been able to beat him on hard courts, and yet I beat him in last year's final. There's always a first time and I hope it comes in Seville. Exactly! :yeah:

Thanks for the translation! :hug:

Björki
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Some pix from DC Draw :D
thanks. :) where did you find them?

Carlita
12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
thanks. :) where did you find them?
ehm...official site, getty....all over the net! :D

merle
12-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Gracias chicas!!!! :)

Margy
12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi :wavey:

This is my first post. I have been having problems trying to get access to post and I'm so glad it got straightened out in time for Davis Cup.

I've really enjoyed looking at all your pictures in the meantime though. Thanks so much :)

So..Okay...now I'm ready to cheer for the greatest tennis player out there...

GO CARLOS !!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Carlita
12-02-2004, 03:54 PM

This is my first post. I have been having problems trying to get access to post and I'm so glad it got straightened out in time for Davis Cup.

I've really enjoyed looking at all your pictures in the meantime though. Thanks so much :)

GO CARLOS !!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

:wavey: ¡Hola Margy! :wavey: welcome :D

Deco
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
:wavey: welcome!

Deco
12-02-2004, 05:12 PM
thnz for the pic! I especially like this one
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3049

merle
12-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Welcome here Margy! :wavey: Glad you like Carlos! :) And I hope you'll enjoy the DC final!! :)
I'm all excited already! :banana: :bounce: VAMOS CARLOS!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :bounce:

Eruwen
12-02-2004, 08:50 PM

GO CARLOS !!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/welcome.gif

Jogg
12-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Hi Margy :wavey: welcome

good luck to carlos for tomorrow :kiss: but i'm sure he won't need it :worship:

Fergie
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Carlos def. Fish 6-4 6-2 6-3 ... Great match :woohoo:

Eruwen
12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
:woohoo: Carlos :woohoo:

claudine140
12-03-2004, 01:35 PM
have you seen the match???

Eruwen
12-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Nope.... no DC to be found on any tv channel here http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/pissed.gif

crimson
12-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to Carlos on his win today! :D :bigclap: Here's a link to an interview with Carlos after his victory. :) Right click to download it, or left click if you just want to listen to the streaming.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_3549_mp3.MP3

Jorge
12-03-2004, 06:01 PM
way to fry that Fish, Carlitos :yeah:
Now just roast the duck and you will be my favorite "Chef de Cuisine" :devil:

User id 7816
12-03-2004, 06:09 PM
CARLOS :worship: :worship: :worship:

merle
12-03-2004, 09:32 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! WELL DONE CARLOS!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :banana: :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee: :bigclap:

Jogg
12-03-2004, 11:23 PM
:bigclap: :yippee: :woohoo: well done Carlos

nando
12-04-2004, 08:46 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Congrats Carlos and Rafa too!

Carlita
12-04-2004, 09:50 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Congrats Carlos and Rafa too!

http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/oktober/happyday.gif
Let's hope the doubles team will finish it off!! :devil:
http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/thuis/bank001.gif Although I'm a little scared here! But if Rafa can roast a duck, why not the twins?! http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/dieren/koe001.gif http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/dieren/koe001.gif

¡VAMOS CARIÑOS!
http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/dansen/dans-rij.gif

nando
12-04-2004, 10:30 AM
LUV the graphics Lady Carlita! They TOTALLY go with your post! HAHAHAHAHAHA! especially the cows! too cute!

Jogg
12-04-2004, 11:26 AM
those smilies are so cute, especially the one hiding behind the sofa

i really hope tommy and rafa can win today, but at the same time i really want to see carlos kick ducks ass tomorrow :help:

Margy
12-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Those smilies are so adorable ..where do you find stuff like that?

And Yay Carlos and Rafa :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was so bummed when ESPN cut out so much of Carlos's match yesterday so they could show the whole 4 hours of Rafa/Roddick. I know, I know... the other match was more exciting. Carlos, you are too good! You have to make your matches closer so we can see them on TV! ;)

Jorge
12-04-2004, 05:09 PM
the Bryan twins just won, so It's up to you Carlitos, Roast the duck and become the new spaniard Hero! :yeah:

Agassi Fan
12-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Vamos Carlos, beat Roddick!

merle
12-04-2004, 05:26 PM
VAMOS CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee: :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee: :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee:

junekidd
12-04-2004, 06:37 PM
C'mon Carlos! you are always the hero of Spain! :cool:

Carlita
12-04-2004, 06:38 PM
LUV the graphics Lady Carlita! They TOTALLY go with your post! HAHAHAHAHAHA! especially the cows! too cute!

Thanks Nando my friend http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/februari/bloemetje.gif

http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/blij/5blij.gif OOOOOH CARLITOS!!!! http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/blij/5blij.gif

:worship: :worship: :worship: Go and get the Duck!!!!! You can do it cariño!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/dansen/dansen3tjes.gif

Carlita
12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Those smilies are so adorable ..where do you find stuff like that?

;)

Look here Margy! http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/

User id 7816
12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Vamos Carlos, show ducky what it really is about!!!!!http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/6987.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/6987.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/6987.gif

Fergie
12-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Vamos Carlitos, be the hero :bigclap:

Jogg
12-05-2004, 12:11 AM
vamos carlos :worship: you can do it

RogiFan88
12-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Carlos, you BETTER win... enough of this DC Final... just get it over w, pronto!

nando
12-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Win it for yourself and Spain!!! Then you can PARTY!!!!!

Ti-Anne
12-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Carlos :inlove: , you've come so close to make your dream come true...
It's in your hands now, and I'll be with you sweetheart :kiss: !!!

:bigclap: VAMOS CHARLY :hearts: , YOU'RE THE BEST !!!!!!! :bounce: :clap2:

Carlita
12-05-2004, 01:44 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

OH BABY

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
12-05-2004, 01:51 PM
You deserve it,Moya and other spaniards!!! :woohoo::banana::bounce:

Deco
12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Carlos, you have the chance to make Spains dream come true, in your hands. Whole Spain and more are with you! you are the best! you will show the whole world!

User id 7816
12-05-2004, 01:58 PM
CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!

Deco
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
CARLOS AND RAFAEL
WILL LEAD SPAIN TO VICTORY!
:banana:

crimson
12-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Well done Carlos :worship: :hug: :kiss: :D I'm so happy, a couple of months ago I was worried that injuries could have prevented him from playing in the final, but thank goodness he was healthy in time and got to fulfil his dream, he played so well this weekend and he and the Spanish team really deserve this Davis Cup. :yeah:

Ti-Anne
12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
:hearts: CARLOS !!!!!!! :inlove:

You DID it my love ! :yeah:

I'm sooooooo proud my sweetheart... :smooch: :hug:

crimson
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
I posted these photos in GM but I thought I would bring them here too :)

Jorge
12-05-2004, 03:47 PM
¡Moltes Gràcies, Carlos! :worship: Thank you very much!

roisin
12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
well done carlos! he played brilliantly today & im so happy 4 him. hes the hero!

Jorge
12-05-2004, 04:30 PM
well done carlos! he played brilliantly today & im so happy 4 him. hes the hero!
Yes he is the Hero... finally after so many yar waiting for this. It's really sweet, don't you think so?
I am Happy for him :)

merle
12-05-2004, 05:00 PM
GRACIAS Y FELICITACIONES CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
That's about all my Spanish, hope it wasn't very wrong!
Carlos really deserved it, THE HERO OF SPAIN!!!!! :bounce: :banana: :bigclap: :bounce: :banana: :bigclap:
Let's the party begin :aparty: :aparty: YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!!!! The Spaniards really deserve this! :kiss: :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee: Oh, I'm so HAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY! Yeah, like you couldn't tell! ;)

Agassi Fan
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Well done Carlos! You are great!

claudine140
12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
congretulations moyke we are so happy for you
give us some more years of your tennis!!!

Neely
12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Congrats, Carlos!!!!!!!! :D :D :rocker2: :clap2:

*Ljubica*
12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi guys :wavey: I'm not a regular visitor here, but I always enjoy watching Carlos play so I hope you don't mind that I have come over here just to say how much I enjoyed his match aganst Roddick today. It was a brilliant and emotional performance by Carlos- you must all be very proud of him :) Congratulations to Carlos and to Spain.

Neely
12-05-2004, 08:39 PM
I would have liked to be also in Carlos' situation, I would melt away if I played in front of more than 20000 German fans who shouted me to victory before winning the final point for Germany... damn, that would be awesome!! I think it's most likely beyond our all imaginations how a player who is proud about what he did for his country feels then...

enqvistfan
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Also congrats to Carlos for this victory. He won two matches, he deserves to be the hero of this final. Hope that now, in Spain, he'll have more attention.

Enjoy this victory and good luck for 2005

Valérie
http://www.thomasenqvist.com

Jorge
12-05-2004, 09:24 PM
some quotes by Carles Moyà after his victory over Rodduck

“I cannot ask for more,” said Moya afterwards.

“I have no words to describe what I felt today. Many, many times I woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about today. So today was it. It was absolutely incredible.”

“I had all my expectations for many years set for a moment like today,” said Moya.

“I was mentally prepared for it. I told myself that I could not fail. I had told myself that if I didn't take this opportunity and win, I would not be a good player.”

You haven't to dream anymore about it, Carlitos. Neither you have to wait any longer... enjoy the moment. You are not only a good player, you are a GREAT player, just enjoy your success :worship:

Carlita
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
:rolleyes: By the way....he must be really really good friends with Flavia for her to be there with mum, dad, sis and bro!!! :rolleyes:

right....... http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/liefde/liefde013.gif http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/liefde/knufB01.gif

Nice one Charly! ;) :devil: :p

nando
12-06-2004, 12:25 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Lady_Carlita, it is funny that they are only friends no??mmmm.... :scratch:
Congratulations to Charly!!! His dream has come true!!! Good for him!!! I thought it was great to see him tear up...showing that much emotion is quite rare from him. :bigclap:

Fergie
12-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Congrats Carlos :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jorge
12-06-2004, 02:40 AM
:rolleyes: By the way....he must be really really good friends with Flavia for her to be there with mum, dad, sis and bro!!! :rolleyes:

right....... http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/liefde/liefde013.gif http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/liefde/knufB01.gif

Nice one Charly! ;) :devil: :p
I think they are more than friends, there are rumors about Carlos and Flavia being a couple, I dunno if that is true but I remember how Moyà was flirting with Flavia at Acapulco where suppossedly their romance has started...
Carlos, Flavia is pretty, but the almost-wife of Iván Zamorano was even prettier! :devil:

Do you remember about that story? supposedly Zamorano broke his relationship with her bride just a few weeks before the wedding arguing that she was dating Carles... I like Carles's style :smoke:

knight_ley
12-06-2004, 03:17 AM
I think they are more than friends, there are rumors about Carlos and Flavia being a couple, I dunno if that is true but I remember how Moyà was flirting with Flavia at Acapulco where suppossedly their romance has started...
Carlos, Flavia is pretty, but the almost-wife of Iván Zamorano was even prettier! :devil:

Do you remember about that story? supposedly Zamorano broke his relationship with her bride just a few weeks before the wedding arguing that she was dating Carles... I like Carles's style :smoke:

random question, and i may sound like an idiot for asking this, but who is Flavia? :confused:

Jorge
12-06-2004, 03:56 AM
random question, and i may sound like an idiot for asking this, but who is Flavia? :confused:
Flavia Penneta, The Italian tennisplayer

knight_ley
12-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Flavia Penneta, The Italian tennisplayer

~EMiLiTA~
12-06-2004, 05:50 AM

haha yeah I heard about that too...tsk tsk Carlos breaking up marriages hehe

I also heard Carlos was with Flavia from Acapulco until after Wimby and then I heard they'd broken up cos he'd cheated on her? Rumours...who knows. Looks like they're back together again...cos she hasn't been seen for a while with him has she? I don't think they're "just friends"

Prizeidiot
12-06-2004, 06:15 AM
Just gotta say, well done to Carlos, he's deserved this more a lot. He missed out in 2000, but now its all good

Carlita
12-06-2004, 08:05 AM
haha yeah I heard about that too...tsk tsk Carlos breaking up marriages hehe

I also heard Carlos was with Flavia from Acapulco until after Wimby and then I heard they'd broken up cos he'd cheated on her? Rumours...who knows. Looks like they're back together again...cos she hasn't been seen for a while with him has she? I don't think they're "just friends"

Yeah, well, Flavia's been playing too of course, in different countries to Carlos. And every girl he talks to or even looks at is his new girlfriend! He could walk in a room with his sister and they would be engaged the next day.....

I wish him happiness, he deserves a nice lady in his life! ;)

Eruwen
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
:woohoo: Well done Carlos!!! :bounce:

I saw the last half of the third set, it was amazing!! He was so focused, and when he made the winning point... awesome! Rafa was soooooo hyper, jumping up and down on the benches :lol: The celebration was so amazing to watch, they were all so happy! I loved that group hug when everybody was jumping. :lol:

Too bad they dropped Carlos though... He makes the winning point for Spain, and what do they do? They drop him on the floor http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/lmao.gif I'm sure they didn't mean to though...

knight_ley
12-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Too bad they dropped Carlos though... He makes the winning point for Spain, and what do they do? They drop him on the floor http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/lmao.gif I'm sure they didn't mean to though...

It was so funny cuz I had just said to my friend (like when they started to pick him up) "Watch them drop him" and then with the next throw, they dropped him... :lol: Poor Carlos, but all was well... I dont think he cared at that moment ;)

:)

Eruwen
12-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't think he cared too much either... he didn't look hurt or anything.

The guy who was commentating the match said 'oh, they dropped' like it was no big deal at all, too funny :lol:

Margy
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Congrats Carlos :bigclap: :bigclap:

You were the hero and came through for Spain like I knew you would :hug:

But...what is all this about Flavia???? :mad:

I won't get to see him till next summer and he better still be available then !!! :angel:

:kiss: Wait for me Carlos !!! :kiss:

Deco
12-06-2004, 05:17 PM
gefeliciteerd carlos! King of Spanish tennis :worship: :bowdown:

about flavia.. she really broke up cuz her friend tought she was dating carlos? woo that's really 'fajah' :o

Carlita
12-06-2004, 05:23 PM
But...what is all this about Flavia???? :mad:

Well, Flavia was there! With Carlos' mum, dad, sister & brother and they hugged (&kissed???) after his match against Roddick.

She's nice! Carlos is nice! He deserves to be happy! :hug:

Deco
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
with me! :devil:
:p
no it will be good for him to have a wife:p

thelma
12-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Congrats, Carlos! :worship:

Carlita
12-06-2004, 06:06 PM

hahaha, right Deco ;) With most of us here I would think! :p

But we all dream on.... I guess... http://board.themeparkvision.net/images/tpvstyle/smilies/wub.gif

Margy
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM

No....with me! :couple:

:haha: You and I just may have to settle this right now....or at least before next summer :boxing:

:angel: just kidding of course. We all want him to be happy!

Of course not too happy that he starts losing concentration on his game :devil:

Carlita
12-06-2004, 06:24 PM
As long as he still has goals and hunger to win, he'll be fine! :hug:

Margy
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
And after this past weekend, I'm sure he'll be all about it for quite some time

:yippee: :yippee: So Go Carlos !!!!
More of the same in 2005!!!! :yippee: :yippee:

Carlita
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
:eek: OMG :eek:
What was the cartoonist thinking?! :haha: :p

Eruwen
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
:eek: OMG :eek:
What was the cartoonist thinking?! :haha: :p Clearly... he wasn't thinking :lol: Omg, it's horrible... it doesn't even look like him!

Margy
12-07-2004, 01:00 AM
:haha: :haha:

That caricature is so not Carlos. If he didn't have the backwards baseball cap, there would be absolutely nothing there in any way resembling him. That cartoonist should have his license revoked. :smash:

That is if there is such a thing as a cartoonist license? :lol:

Margy
12-07-2004, 01:11 AM
:D Wow...I just wanted to say thanks for all the welcomes I've gotten from you all. I was so surprised to see all the little green marks on my last post!

Now, when I figure out how all this works, I'll send some back to you :D

liptea
12-07-2004, 01:26 AM
:D Wow...I just wanted to say thanks for all the welcomes I've gotten from you all. I was so surprised to see all the little green marks on my last post!

Now, when I figure out how all this works, I'll send some back to you :D

Here at the Moya forum, we're friendly.

Eruwen
12-07-2004, 09:31 AM

Now, when I figure out how all this works, I'll send some back to you :D You're welcome! :hug:

If you need any help... just let us know ;)

Ti-Anne
12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Here at the Moya forum, we're friendly.

Indeed we are, aren't we ?? ;)

Margy
12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
:angel: Yes, this is definitely the nicest place to hang out!

I have to say that some of the other forums look downright scary :eek: and I would no way want to get involved in some of their nasty little arguments!

I still haven't figured out how to rep people. I see the spot to flag a bad post but not where to give good or bad reps. I guess I am probably blind. :retard:

Help please :help:

Carlita
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
:angel: Yes, this is definitely the nicest place to hang out!

I have to say that some of the other forums look downright scary :eek: and I would no way want to get involved in some of their nasty little arguments!

I still haven't figured out how to rep people. I see the spot to flag a bad post but not where to give good or bad reps. I guess I am probably blind. :retard:

Help please :help:

Look underneath the name on the left of a message. Click on the "talking head" and you can give out a good (or bad) rep! Good luck :yeah:

Margy
12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks Lady Carlita! I knew I was just being blind!

You get my first good rep! :yeah:

Eruwen
12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes, but you can't give out reps yourself until you have 50 posts ;)

merle
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi Margy! Welcome from me too! :bigwave: The people here are nice indeed! :)

Carlita
12-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Yes, but you can't give out reps yourself until you have 50 posts ;)

just my luck !

Margy
12-09-2004, 03:18 AM
I'll just have to remember I promised it to you! :D

Carlita
12-09-2004, 07:57 AM
I'll just have to remember I promised it to you! :D

:hug:

chocc0
12-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Guys i have been lurking around here for a while lol but haven't posted in here some of u might know me from the other forums i hang around so hii!

Eruwen
12-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi Guys i have been lurking around here for a while lol but haven't posted in here some of u might know me from the other forums i hang around so hii! :wavey: Welcome!

chocc0
12-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanx:)

Carlita
12-10-2004, 08:04 AM
¡HOLA! :wavey:

chocc0
12-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Carlos rocks especially after wooping roddicks ass!

merle
12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Hola Sarah!! :kiss: Good to see you here too! :yippee:
And Carlos surely rocks! :rocker:

chocc0
12-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Merle
You rock!!!!! Carlos rocks! Everyone here rocks!!

~EMiLiTA~
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM
merle...your avatar totally rocks lol

merle
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
LOL Emily, thanks... and that's why I can't change my avvy, I have to find a better pic that I like.

~EMiLiTA~
12-10-2004, 12:06 PM
don't change it!!! it's GORGEOUS!!!

JCF_Passione
12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
it's cool ;)

Jorge
12-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Talking about avatars I like a lot my newest one: Rafa & Carlitos :yeah:

Neely
12-11-2004, 02:55 AM
true, it's cool! :)

knight_ley
12-11-2004, 04:55 AM

:) i love that picture!

Jogg
12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
This is a bit late but haven't really had time to come here recently but huge well done to carlos for the DC final :worship: he was inspired and im really happy for him

Carlita
12-11-2004, 11:51 PM
And today he loses to his friend Rafa.... ouch! ;)

VENCEN A MOYÀ Y FELICIANO LÓPEZ
Nadal y Verdasco, en la final del Master de León

Okay, so now I know! hahaha Gooooo "little ones" ! All we need are the numbers.... Nadal - Moya 6-4 6-4 Verdasco - Lopez 4-6 6-4 7-5

PUPPY POWERRRRRRRR

Carlita
12-11-2004, 11:52 PM
This is a bit late but haven't really had time to come here recently

Missed you around Jogg :hug:

Jorge
12-11-2004, 11:55 PM
And today he loses to his friend Rafa.... ouch! ;)

VENCEN A MOYÀ Y FELICIANO LÓPEZ
Nadal y Verdasco, en la final del Master de León

Okay, so now I know! hahaha Gooooo "little ones" ! All we need are the numbers.... Nadal - Moya 6-4 6-4 Verdasco - Lopez 4-6 6-4 7-5

PUPPY POWERRRRRRRR
Carlitos must be still a bit dizzy after sooo many champagne and ... women? :devil:

BTW Thanx Carlita for your help with the links :)

Carlita
12-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Carlitos must be still a bit dizzy after sooo many champagne and ... women? :devil:

BTW Thanx Carlita for your help with the links :)

de nada Jorge ;)

:haha: hmmm..... you think? Maybe Rafa was on some sort of revenge mission from last thursday! :p :devil: :angel:

Carlita
12-12-2004, 12:12 AM
:zzz: Buenas noches all! :zzz:

I'm not feeling too great http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/101/hoest.gif So it being 01.10 here, I better get some sleep!

:wavey:

Jorge
12-12-2004, 12:40 AM

I'm not feeling too great http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/101/hoest.gif So it being 01.10 here, I better get some sleep!

Buenas noches, Carlita :wavey:

chocc0
12-12-2004, 01:16 AM
I hope u feel better lady Carlita!

chocc0
12-12-2004, 01:19 AM
btw Jorge you avatar is coolness!

knight_ley
12-12-2004, 02:27 AM

feel better :angel:

liptea
12-12-2004, 04:14 AM

Feel better...:sad:

You're like my Moya mommy!

^Sue^
12-12-2004, 08:09 AM
He's the hero of DC

Eruwen
12-12-2004, 09:11 AM
This is a bit late but haven't really had time to come here recently but huge well done to carlos for the DC final :worship: he was inspired and im really happy for him :wavey: Welcome back! :hug:

Carlita
12-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Feel better...:sad:

You're like my Moya mommy!

:hug: Love ya sweetie! :hug:

And thank you all for the get well wishes :) ! I think it's only just starting.... http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/101/hoest.gif :sad:

Jogg
12-12-2004, 12:20 PM
:wavey: Welcome back! :hug:

:hug: thanks guys its good to be back ;)

Carlita hope you feel better soon :hug:

liptea
12-12-2004, 05:25 PM
:hug: Love ya sweetie! :hug:

And thank you all for the get well wishes :) ! I think it's only just starting.... http://members.lycos.nl/neutebeut/smilies/101/hoest.gif :sad:

Well, at least it's an excuse to stay in bed. :sad:

merle
12-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Oh Carlita, get well soon! :hug:

Jorge>> I agree with Sarah about your avvy, it rocks! :yeah:

Jogg>> Welcome back! :bigwave:

~EMiLiTA~
12-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Rafa and Carlos were honoured in Mallorca for their Davis Cup efforts

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20041214/NOTICIA186429037.html

loret
12-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Que chulos!

knight_ley
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Rafa and Carlos were honoured in Mallorca for their Davis Cup efforts

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20041214/NOTICIA186429037.html

adorable picture!!! :angel:

Deco
12-16-2004, 08:18 PM
the're soo cute :D

Carlita
12-17-2004, 12:45 PM
IU en contra del Oro para Moyá
Izquierda Unida (IU) considera que la tributación fiscal de Moyá en Suiza no le hace acreedor de la Medalla de Oro de Mallorca, distinción que propuso la alcaldesa de la ciudad, Catalina Cicer, en la recepción del lunes al propio Moyá y a Rafael Nadal. "Su tributación es un inconveniente legal que no podemos bendecir", reseñó el portavoz de IU en el Ayuntamiento. *-G. Forteza

:mad: just give it to him!!! :mad: stupid politics!

~EMiLiTA~
12-17-2004, 12:56 PM
oh bugger...but his family live in Palma

Carlita
12-17-2004, 12:58 PM
oh bugger...but his family live in Palma
sure, and I think he spends more time there than in geneva anyway.... :(

merle
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I guess I got the point. It really sucks. :mad:

Carlita
12-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I guess I got the point. It really sucks. :mad:
Just because he pays his taxes in Switzerland....

COME OOOOOOOOON PEOPLE!!!!! Get over it! Like I said, he probably spends more time in Palma than he does in Geneva!

Deco
12-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Can someone translate it for me? what sucks?

~EMiLiTA~
12-18-2004, 02:59 PM
just basically they won't give Carlos the Gold Medal of Mallorca because he doesn't pay his taxes there (his postal address is Geneva, Switzerland)

Carlita
12-18-2004, 03:02 PM
just basically they won't give Carlos the Gold Medal of Mallorca because he doesn't pay his taxes there (his postal address is Geneva, Switzerland)
Exactly .......... SUCKS BIGTIME :mad:

buzzy
12-21-2004, 01:24 PM
This has to be one of the stupidest things I ever heard of. He's still the hometown boy for crying out loud! What's the matter with those people (or person?). Are they suggesting that nobody should ever move to a town that they weren't born in? He's a native son who did a great job...recognize him for gosh sakes!!!! It is a real shame to spoil his celebration with something so petty.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

knight_ley
12-21-2004, 04:02 PM
That is ridiculous.

Jogg
12-21-2004, 04:11 PM
this is really stupid :shout: haven't these people got anything better to do?

Deco
12-21-2004, 08:49 PM
:O

Pancakesong
12-22-2004, 06:17 PM
aaw:( that really sucks. don't they have a life, bothering about something like this? he deserves that medal!

Deco
12-22-2004, 08:35 PM
yes he really deserves it! :worship:

hola
01-12-2005, 01:57 PM
http://es.sports.yahoo.com/050112/2/3zod.html

Tenchî
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
http://es.sports.yahoo.com/050112/2/3zod.html

:eek: http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,580985,00.html

Carlita
01-12-2005, 03:27 PM
:sad: :bigcry: :crying2:

:sad: Carlos no!!!!!!!!!! :crying2:

knight_ley
01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
:sad: That is sad, but I can understand his reasoning for sitting out this year to focus on "regular" tournaments... But it's still so sad... :sad:

Carlita
01-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I can understand his decision too, but now it also looks like: Hey, I got my ensaladera, now I can stop. Okay, he might be back in 2006, this makes way for the younsters, but still....

I was so looking forward to a second round between holland and spain.... I love the other guys too, but not as much as I do Carlos :bigcry:

(and both countries would have to win round one of course..... :rolleyes: )

Margy
01-12-2005, 04:27 PM
:sad: That is sad, but I can understand his reasoning for sitting out this year to focus on "regular" tournaments... But it's still so sad... :sad:

Yes, this is unfortunate for his fans who love the extra playing time. :sad: Though those of us in the US only ever get to see him on TV when Spain plays the US anyway. However it is always great excitement even to follow online.

But...it probably is a very wise move for him. Roger also has opted to skip DC to focus on the regular tour. And Carlos is reaching that ...ahem...certain age , where he needs a bit more rest than players like Rafa. Just look what happened to him this week. After coming off his big win, he goes right out in round 1. :banghead: Very frustrating for him I'm sure (not to mention what it does to me :(

So, Carlos Sweetie, do what you think is best. We'll be cheering for you all the way!!! :smooch:

knight_ley
01-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I found an english version of the article (from Reuters/Yahoo! News) for those who don't speak Spanish :)

Spain's Moya Opts Out of Davis Cup for Now

MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish Davis Cup hero Carlos Moya has decided to skip the men's team competition this season to focus on the grand slam tournaments and the Masters Cup.

World number five Moya, who led Spain to the title last month, said his commitment to the event over the past two years had been tough physically and mentally.

"I've made this difficult decision in order to focus on the regular tournaments of the professional circuit... the grand slam tournaments and a return to the Masters Cup are my priorities for this season," he said in a statement on Wednesday.

"At 28, I still have very high objectives in my professional career and this season I need to focus on specific competitions and dates."

After the heartache of missing out on Spain's first Davis Cup victory in 2000, Moya tamed world number two Andy Roddick (news) in an overheated final in Seville last month to hand Spain their second title.

The popular Mallorcan had also played in the 2003 Davis Cup final in which Spain lost to Australia.

"To take part in such a fascinating competition and be lucky enough to win the trophy has been the best professional experience of my career," Moya said.

knight_ley
01-12-2005, 04:53 PM
I can understand his decision too, but now it also looks like: Hey, I got my ensaladera, now I can stop. Okay, he might be back in 2006, this makes way for the younsters, but still....

I was so looking forward to a second round between holland and spain.... I love the other guys too, but not as much as I do Carlos :bigcry:

I feel the same way ... :sad: ... Carlos is my favorite Spaniard as well... :bigcry: Hopefully this will work out for Carlos in the end, and he'll win another Major this year... :)

claudine140
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
no moya did not stop because he has his wish: winning the daviscup.
But there are so many good young spanish players, and moya want to make place for them.He knows he is an older player now, and he doesn't want to have the feeling being putting aside. So he makes the first move, he says he wants to stop.
Looks what happened to Corretja and Costa in the daviscup.
Two years ago they were the winning team and this year: no one talked about them. Come on be realistic, i think Moya was. And he is hurt so many so now he defeated himself by taking the first step.

claudine140
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
and he knows he will be followed by very talented players. If there were no talented players, he wouldn't have done this.

Eruwen
01-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I read recently that he was skipping the first round, but I guess it's more serious now! I was sooooooo looking forward to possibly seeing him in Holland for a dc tie, after I missed him in Madrid! http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/sad.gif

Carlita
01-12-2005, 07:18 PM
no moya did not stop because he has his wish: winning the daviscup.
But there are so many good young spanish players, and moya want to make place for them.He knows he is an older player now, and he doesn't want to have the feeling being putting aside. So he makes the first move, he says he wants to stop.
Looks what happened to Corretja and Costa in the daviscup.
Two years ago they were the winning team and this year: no one talked about them. Come on be realistic, i think Moya was. And he is hurt so many so now he defeated himself by taking the first step.

if Carlos hadn't made the decision to focus on the atp tourneys, he would be playing and selected in Davis Cup. Has nothing to do with what happened to Corretja or Costa. He's a top ten player!! So it shouldn't be that hard to get selected. He just wants to focus on the regular tournaments, the grand slams etc. Next year, if his ranking allows, he'll be back.

that thing about having his cup and now stopping is not the truth, is not what I think, but some people might see it that way. Not me, not other fans. We love and support Carlos in everything he does. (well, almost haha)

Jogg
01-12-2005, 10:40 PM
:sad: awww thats a shame
i can understand his reasons and its the right decision for him to focus on the grand slams. He is far to good a player not to win another a grand slam :angel: But i'll miss him at DC ties :smooch:

nando
01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I totally agree Jogg. :) I think Carlos really is determined to do very well at the grand slams this year.

Tenchî
01-13-2005, 05:14 PM
:sad: Miss you much at DC ties Carlos!!!

:yeah: Good luck in the AO!!!

Deco
01-16-2005, 03:49 PM
aww :tears: well I hope he'll win the AO :worship: