Is Nadal choosing to start on serve? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Nadal choosing to start on serve?

Mungo
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I realised Nadal started serving in his first two matches in Doha but I'm not sure if he 'won' the coin toss or not. Can anyone tell me? I think it would be a good decision from him to start the matches on serve if he gets the chance.

ApproachShot
01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Didn't catch whether or not he won the toss, but I am fully expecting him to serve first at the AO if he wins the toss against another member of the so called 'big four'.

You're right though, this probably belongs in the Nadal forum.

born_on_clay
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Anyone ?

Start da Game
04-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Anyone ?

he still chooses to receive......i don't get it at all actually, particularly on hardcourts......why would you want to serve behind all the time and put pressure on yourself?

star
04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Why is this dumped in here.

Lots of nadal haters posting in this thread. :angel:

born_on_clay
04-01-2011, 06:51 PM
he still chooses to receive......i don't get it at all actually, particularly on hardcourts......why would you want to serve behind all the time and put pressure on yourself?

Rafa said himself he wants to put pressure on the opponent from the very beginning ;)

Start da Game
04-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Rafa said himself he wants to put pressure on the opponent from the very beginning ;)

on hardcourts he better start serving because he most often finds himself in 4-5, 5-6 situations and the serve not being his original strength can sometimes fail......he even used to lose sets in the past for that same reason.......