*** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*** Richie Returns*** 2011 Aussie Summer (Melbourne)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cloudygirl
12-28-2010, 08:49 PM
We might have to prematurely vacate this thread if I prove to be too much of a jinx ;) but I felt like getting 2011 started.

This season's theme:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_knkvaxcxu7Q/TL9iy5Q90SI/AAAAAAAAAsI/ooyxXi7bPWM/s1600/batman+returns.jpg

Jan 3
Aircel Chennai Open
Chennai, India
2010 result: QF loss to Roddick (Brisbane)
2011 result: 2nd round loss to Phau

Jan 9
Medibank International Sydney
Sydney, Australia
2010 result: Final loss to Baghdatis
2011 result: QF loss to Troicki

Jan 17
Australian Open
Melbourne, Australia
2010 result: 1st round loss to Youzhny

Bonne chance en Australie, Richard. :dance:

Puschkin
12-28-2010, 09:36 PM
According to http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/140874/gasquet-charge-son-programme-de-janvier/ Richard still practised in the Paris region today and will go to India in the next days.

Le Français Richard Gasquet, remplaçant de la finale de la Coupe Davis, entame sa saison à Chennai en Inde pour un tournoi ATP 250 qui se disputera du 3 au 9 janvier. Le Biterrois s’est entraîné ce mardi en région parisienne et devrait rallier l’Inde dans les prochains jours. Classé 30e à l’ATP, le Français poursuivra son début de saison par le tournoi de Sydney en Australie du 9 au 15 janvier avant de participer à l’Open d’Australie, premier tournoi du Grand Chelem de l’année.

ImmzB
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Nice. :yeah:

Is this for all his tournaments in 2011 discussion or just for India and Australia?

All the best to Richie in Chennai!!

Cloudygirl
12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Depends how my luck holds. I might be begging someone who has proven good luck to open the AUs open thread if he loses first round in Chennai.

I would have thought he must fly in the next couple of days. It's got to be a long flight hasn't it, can't say I've ever been to India. Wawrinka mentioned on his twitter leaving tomorrow and I would imagine that is for Chennai too.

ImmzB
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Rotterdam Entry List:

1. Djokovic, Novak, SRB (3)
2. Murray, Andy, GBR (4)
3. Soderling, Robin, SWE (5)
4. Berdych, Tomas, CZE (6)
5. Ferrer, David, ESP (7)
6. Youzhny, Mikhail, RUS (10)
7. Melzer, Jurgen, AUT (11)
8. Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried, FRA (13)
9. Cilic, Marin, CRO (14)
10. Ljubicic, Ivan, CRO (17)
11. Isner, John, USA (19)
12. Baghdatis, Marcos, CYP (20)
13. Davydenko, Nikolay, RUS (22)
14. Llodra, Michael, FRA (23)
15. Gulbis, Ernests, LAT (24)
16. Troicki, Viktor, SRB (28)
17. Gasquet, Richard, FRA (30)
18. Lopez, Feliciano, ESP (32)
19. Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo, ESP (33)
20. Kohlschreiber, Philipp, GER (34)
21. Lu, Yen-Hsun, TPE (35)
22. Golubev, Andrey, KAZ (36)
23. Mayer, Florian, GER (37)
24. Nieminen, Jarkko, FIN (39)
25. Simon, Gilles, FRA (41)

What a list!!

ImmzB
12-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Depends how my luck holds. I might be begging someone who has proven good luck to open the AUs open thread if he loses first round in Chennai.

I would have thought he must fly in the next couple of days. It's got to be a long flight hasn't it, can't say I've ever been to India. Wawrinka mentioned on his twitter leaving tomorrow and I would imagine that is for Chennai too.

Nice. India is around 7-8 hours flight I guess, so he must be leaving soon.

Davodus
12-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Chennai :rolleyes: Everybody knows Brisbane's where it's at :p

Blackbriar
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Ritchiecan win Chennai, Cilic doesn't seem to be back at his best nor does Berdych. I wonder if Ritchie will forfeit from Sydney if he reaches the final :confused:

Cloudygirl
12-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Knowing Richard he won't then he'll lose in the first round of the AO because he's tired :(

Puschkin
12-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Ritchiecan win Chennai, Cilic doesn't seem to be back at his best nor does Berdych.
:eek: How do you know? Both played their last matches almost two months ago. And we don't know Richard's form either. And frankly, I'd give much more for a respectable performance at the AO than about doing well in CHennai.

Cloudygirl
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
:eek: How do you know? Both played their last matches almost two months ago. And we don't know Richard's form either. And frankly, I'd give much more for a respectable performance at the AO than about doing well in CHennai.

Win Chennai take a week off and then making the second week of the AO would keep me happy. :p

Puschkin
12-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Win Chennai take a week off and then making the second week of the AO would keep me happy. :p
Losing first round Chennai and winning the AO would make me even more happy. :p

Cloudygirl
12-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Losing first round Chennai and winning the AO would make me even more happy. :p

When does AO seeding happen? Is it before Sydney points drop? I don't think Brisbane is in his countable tournies is it?

I don't think Richard is at his best on hard. Winning Wimbledon would make me happy!!!

Puschkin
12-29-2010, 09:30 PM
When does AO seeding happen?
while Sydney is still ongoing, i.e points from 2010 won't drop off.

Cloudygirl
12-29-2010, 11:05 PM
So is there anyone that can pass him to make him unseeded?

Ferrero is not likely to play AO I think isn't he injured so that would make him 29th seed.

ImmzB
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
So is there anyone that can pass him to make him unseeded?

Ferrero is not likely to play AO I think isn't he injured so that would make him 29th seed.

I think these 2 players have the best chance of doing that F.Lopez and GGL.

Gretchen.
12-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Tori, is starting the thread a way to reverse your jinxing powers. :spit: :hug:

Cloudygirl
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I started Soderling's tournament thread last year didn't seem to do him any harm so I thought I'd try it. If its an epic fail and he goes out first round in Chennai then I'll change the thread title and we'll abandon speedily ;).

I think last time I started a Richard thread he got banned about a week after but less said about that the better ;)

Feli has to do better than semis I think to replace one of his 250s.

GGL prob has a better chance?

~*BGT*~
12-30-2010, 03:00 AM
OK, I'm going to base every season thread on a different movie title. This one is based on this movie. :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_knkvaxcxu7Q/TL9iy5Q90SI/AAAAAAAAAsI/ooyxXi7bPWM/s1600/batman+returns.jpg

Here's Richie's schedule:

Jan 3: Aircel Chennai Open
Chennai, India
2010 result: DNP; quarterfinals to Roddick in Brisbane

Jan 9: Medibank International Sydney
Sydney, Australia
2010 result: finals lost to Baghdatis

Jan 17: Australian Open
Melbourne, Australia
2010: 1st round loss to Youhzny

Bonne chance en Australie, Richard. :wavey:

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Great name for the thread! :)

Allez Gasquet for India and the Aussie summer!! :yeah:

Puschkin
12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Richard entered Sydney doubles with Julien.

Cloudygirl
12-30-2010, 11:19 AM
well at least thats a good sign for DC, don't get injured though!!

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Are we using this thread for Richie's trip to India and Australia or Tori's? :confused:

Roger the Dodger
12-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Ritchiecan win Chennai, Cilic doesn't seem to be back at his best nor does Berdych. I wonder if Ritchie will forfeit from Sydney if he reaches the final :confused:

Not a bad idea at all if he wins in India. I'd much rather see him go deep in AO. Maybe quarters. :)

Roger the Dodger
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I think last time I started a Richard thread he got banned about a week after but less said about that the better ;)

Off Topic, but since you sound like a ban veteran, how many infractions get you a ban on MTF? I received an infraction only recently.

Cloudygirl
12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
hehe I have no idea. Never got an infraction in my life. I'm a good girl.

Blackbriar
12-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I would say Ritchie has 20% to win the tourny, less if he draws Simon on first round.

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Richie has a good chance of winning the title if he plays his best tennis! I'm sure he can match Berdych, Cilic and Wawrinka while they are playing their best tennis!

I'm hoping for atleast a SF in Chennai! :yeah:

case
12-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Off Topic, but since you sound like a ban veteran, how many infractions get you a ban on MTF? I received an infraction only recently.
no idea.

but i have hAd an infraction- i made too many jokes about feds costumes:rolleyes:-seriously. i dare them to ban me!

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I was just watching some videos of Richie on youtube, It feels like I just want the season to start now and I'm sure I'm not the only one? :lol:

case
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I was just watching some videos of Richie on youtube, It feels like I just want the season to start now and I'm sure I'm not the only one? :lol:
same here. i miss tennis.

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
same here. i miss tennis.

Yeah. I hope there's Live streaming for Chennai from Monday. :)

ImmzB
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=174175

There's 2 threads for Richie's tournaments in India and Australia, which one are going to be using?

case
12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Have a happy new year everyone!

Cloudygirl
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
oy am I that unlucky that your ditching my thread already :(

Schu
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Richard entered Sydney doubles with Julien.

YEEEES! My 2 favorite Frenchies. I started liking Julien several years ago when I saw him act like a 2 year old on Christmas - sooo excited with a huge smile on his face - after he and Richie won a doubles in Monte Carlo to get to the finals.

ImmzB
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
I didn't see yours Tori. :sad: I will PM a mod (another one!) and have someone combine them. I was going to do it myself until I realized my mod powers only work in GM and NT. :o

That's a good idea. :)

Cloudygirl
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
can't they give you mod powers in here. i think we'd all trust you with the power ;) plus your thread title is better than mine.

~*BGT*~
12-31-2010, 02:42 AM
can't they give you mod powers in here. i think we'd all trust you with the power ;) plus your thread title is better than mine.

Aww thanks. :hug: I PM'd scoobs a little while ago and will let you know what he says. :dance:

GasquetFan
12-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Yay! New year, fresh start.. I have a good feeling about this season :)
Hopefully he'll get a good draw in Melbourne! Already started praying!!!

Roger the Dodger
12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Okay, my corny friends 'le Gasquetaires; I wish you all a happy new year.

acd692
12-31-2010, 10:57 PM
happy new year to everyone and let's hope richard goes far this year:)

simplet
01-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Happy new year.

He starts with a really good draw in Chennai at least

GasquetFan
01-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Chennai draw is great I think! :yeah:

Gasquet maniac
01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Happy new year , fellow Gasquetaires...Been a while since I last posted here(busy with exams and)so on....Anyway,Gasquet have an amazing draw for once in Chennai and he should at least reach Semi Final at best..:cool:...Once again, happy 2011...:)

Blackbriar
01-01-2011, 11:38 AM
:yeah: lucky Ritchie!
Happy new Year to all!! :aparty:

silverwhite
01-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Happy 2011 to all! :aparty:

silverwhite
01-01-2011, 01:20 PM
[1] Tomas Berdych (CZE) - Frederico Gil (POR)
Marcos Daniel (BRA) - Ivan Dodig (CRO)
Denis Gremelmayr (GER) - Robert Kendrick (USA)
Blaz Kavcic (SLO) - [5] Jeremy Chardy (FRA)

[3WC] Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) - [WC] Rohan Bopanna (IND)
Qualifier - Somdev Devvarman (IND)
Dustin Brown (JAM) - Qualifier
Frank Dancevic (CAN) - [8] Robin Haase (NED)

[7] Xavier Malisse (BEL) - Marsel Ilhan (TUR)
Stephane Robert (FRA) - Andreas Haider-Maurer (AUT)
Simone Bolelli (ITA) - Bjorn Phau (GER)
Qualifier - [4] Richard Gasquet (FRA)

[6] Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) - Eduardo Schwank (ARG)
[WC] Yuki Bhambri (IND) - Qualifier
Alejandro Falla (COL) - Rui Machado (POR)
Kei Nishikori (JPN) - [2] Marin Cilic (CRO)

ImmzB
01-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Good draw for Richie, I hope he can make the most of it.

He plays a Qualifier in the 1st round who could be tierd when he plays Richie so that could play into his favour. So his 1st round match is likely to be played on Tuesday/Wednesday then.

~*BGT*~
01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, he's got a really good draw. :eek: Make the most of it Rich. :yeah:

GasquetGulbis
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Richard should be in this final, and maybe he can win it all. That'd put him up to 1500 points, and right on the edge of the top 24 in the world.

Roger the Dodger
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Richard should be in this final, and maybe he can win it all. That'd put him up to 1500 points, and right on the edge of the top 24 in the world.

While we are glory-hunting on Richie's would-be accomplishments, care to tell me how high will he go in the rankings if he wins Chennai and goes up to Quarters in AO?

Cloudygirl
01-01-2011, 07:42 PM
lets not do any of that. It's guaranteed to make him lose first round.

ImmzB
01-01-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/sports/gasquet-eyes-chennai-open-title-success-76358

Gasquet eyes Chennai Open title success

Chennai: Putting the days of doping allegations behind him, French tennis star Richard Gasquet today said he has come to the Aircel ATP Chennai Open with an aim to lift the coveted title.

In Chennai for the first time, Gasquet said: "I want to win here. I want to do well in Chennai and prepare for the Australian Open."

Gasquet, a former world number 7, won the 2007 Kingfisher Open in Mumbai on outdoor hard courts. The 23-year-old, who also won two titles on clay this year, told PTI he was comfortable on all surfaces.

"I like hardcourts and I've won a lot on it."

Gasquet found himself in trouble in June 2009 when he was provisionally suspended for testing positive for cocaine, but was later cleared of the allegation. The Court of Arbitration for Sport accepted his explanation that he inadvertently consumed cocaine by kissing a woman in a Miami club.

Gasquet, the fourth seed here, said it would be wrong to assure that the Rafael Nadal era has begun with the world no 1 winning three out of the four grand slams last season.

"Everybody can win. It's hard to say. It could be (Roger) Federer, Nadal anybody. It's 50-50," he said.

During the doping episode, Nadal had come out in support of Gasquet.

Meanwhile, third seed Stanislas Wawrinka's coach Peter Lundgren said he was pleased with his ward who is "open minded and open to criticism."

Calling Wawrinka an "all round, aggressive player," Lundgren said he had been working with the Swiss star on improving his serving and forehand.

"His backhand is his strongest weapon but we're trying to 'even out' his game," he said.

Lundgren also dismissed suggesstions that his former ward, Roger Federer, might be over the hill. "No, he's not finished yet," he said.

"As long as he plays, he'll be in contention for the Grand Slams. It's natural that you can't be the best all the time," he said.

ImmzB
01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
"I want to win here"

I like that from Richard, I hope he can actually lift the title! :)

GasquetGulbis
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
While we are glory-hunting on Richie's would-be accomplishments, care to tell me how high will he go in the rankings if he wins Chennai and goes up to Quarters in AO?

Well he has points to defend in Sydney, so lets just say he defends those as well, if he gets to the Quarters of AO thats 360 more points, so he'd be around 18 give or take due to the movement of others.

Roger the Dodger
01-02-2011, 05:16 PM
lets not do any of that. It's guaranteed to make him lose first round.

Cross your fingers, Cloudy! :yeah:

Well he has points to defend in Sydney, so lets just say he defends those as well, if he gets to the Quarters of AO thats 360 more points, so he'd be around 18 give or take due to the movement of others.

Terrible. He can't win both. He doesn't have enough 'Gas' to last 2 weeks in a row, leave alone four. So, I'm pretty sure he'll tank Sydney midway if he makes the final/W in Chennai; or he'll make the finals in both MMs and derail himself in the first round of AO. Clown.

GasquetGulbis
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Cross your fingers, Cloudy! :yeah:

Terrible. He can't win both. He doesn't have enough 'Gas' to last 2 weeks in a row, leave alone four. So, I'm pretty sure he'll tank Sydney midway if he makes the final/W in Chennai; or he'll make the finals in both MMs and derail himself in the first round of AO. Clown.

I imagine if he makes a run in Chennai then he'll pull out of Sydney, just because he'll need time to get used to the Australian climate too, and its not something a pro does in one or two days, most people are down there about a week in advance. Though from what I'm hearing, its also very humid in India right now, so the climates may be a lot more similar than normal.

Puschkin
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
The qualifier Richard has to deal with is Roger-Vasselin.

Cloudygirl
01-03-2011, 12:26 PM
When do they play? I only have mobile internet so can't read any of the oops or anything

ImmzB
01-03-2011, 01:07 PM
OOP is not released yet.

Richie has 2-0 H2H against Roger-Vasselin.

Roger-Vasselin won his 1st round qualifying match in 42 minutes, his 2nd round match lasted 2 hours and 22 minutes and his final round lasted 2 and a half hours.

If they do decide to put Richie on tommorow, Roger-Vasselin may be tierd.

Blackbriar
01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
shit! ERV is by far the best of all, but good news is Cilic is out!

Puschkin
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Richard second match on court 1, :eek: matches start at 4.00 pm local time on this court.

Huge preference for the locals: Bhambri-Kudryavtsev and Devvarman-Goffin on centre court, :rolleyes:, Wawrinka is lucky, he plays another Indian. ;)

ImmzB
01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
There is a stram for Court 1 but the question is will it be on....?

Allez Gasquet!! :)

Roger the Dodger
01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
OOP is not released yet.

Richie has 2-0 H2H against Roger-Vasselin.

Roger-Vasselin won his 1st round qualifying match in 42 minutes, his 2nd round match lasted 2 hours and 22 minutes and his final round lasted 2 and a half hours.

If they do decide to put Richie on tommorow, Roger-Vasselin may be tierd.

Jeez - How negative are Gasquetaires on a given day? You need to hope that Vasselin be tired for a well-rested Richie to win even though Richie has a 2-0 H2H against him?

Have some confidence in our boy. I have it: 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 in 3 hrs 33 min. :yeah:

ImmzB
01-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Jeez - How negative are Gasquetaires on a given day? You need to hope that Vasselin be tired for a well-rested Richie to win even though Richie has a 2-0 H2H against him?

Have some confidence in our boy. I have it: 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 in 3 hrs 33 min. :yeah:

I'm not being negative, I was just saying Vasselin has played 2, 2 hours matches and could be tierd when he plays Richard, I would pick Gasquet over Vasselin if he was half 3/4 or even 1/2 fit. :lol:

Gasquet would still win if Vasselin hadn't played any qualfiying matches! :)

Gasquet 6-3 6-2.

Roger the Dodger
01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I imagine if he makes a run in Chennai then he'll pull out of Sydney, just because he'll need time to get used to the Australian climate too, and its not something a pro does in one or two days, most people are down there about a week in advance. Though from what I'm hearing, its also very humid in India right now, so the climates may be a lot more similar than normal.

Only that they start play evening in Chennai and play well past midnight. Daytime is pretty intolerable there as you yourself said.

Blackbriar
01-03-2011, 06:17 PM

As you must know by now, a lot of ideal parameters are recquired to allow Ritchie to win a match ;)

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
The Doubles match which is on court 1 is being streamed atm.

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/14/126/v-152614.html

Puschkin
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
any comments? I can't watch.

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
The stream is not working atm, :(

tami
01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
he's wearing a red shirt - hopefully that means he's off to a fiery red start to 2011... :P

i know, getting nutty from gasquet withdrawal... :S

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
I think it's a different red shirt from what he wore last year.

Puschkin
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
The stream is not working atm, :(
So I don't miss anything. Probably he is doing well, he always does well when I dont (can't) watch. :p

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
The stream is working again now.

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/14/128/v-152841.html

What I saw Gasquet in the 1st set, he was playing good, he was playing some attacking tennis.

Jozie
01-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Happy New Year fellow Gasquetaires!!!
Nice start to the year. :yippee:

tami
01-04-2011, 01:10 PM
he disappeared from the screen most of the time cos he was quite a bit behind the baseline, but for a first tour match of the year, it's a positive start.
still got a little bit tight towards the end, which meant he had to tough it out to win the match :S but being ruthless for the killer win has never really been gasquet's "thing"

and yes, the red shirt had some white trim at the collar, so it's probably different to last year's nice tournament one......still, not a bad colour :P

Davodus
01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Glad to see he won :yeah:

Puschkin
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
:banghead: Richard is already scheduled tomorrow, I won't be able to watch, while Thursday is a holiday here.

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Good start for Richie, from what I saw of Richard he looked to be aggressive and it worked! :)

Nexr is Phau, all the best to Richard! :yeah:

Roger the Dodger
01-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Good for Richie. Fans, take a breather till tomorrow.

Puschkin
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I think it's a different red shirt from what he wore last year.

http://www.aircelchennaiopen.org/2011/uploads/photos/151_t.jpg

Source: http://www.aircelchennaiopen.org/2011/photos_videos

Definitely different:;)

Blackbriar
01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
:yeah: congrats Ritchie you're the best

teem
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.aircelchennaiopen.org/2011/uploads/photos/151_t.jpg

Source: http://www.aircelchennaiopen.org/2011/photos_videos

Definitely different:;)

Thanks for the pics !!!!
and +1, richie is the best but it's just the begining !;)

Schu
01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
a Win AND a Red shirt :hearts: (hated his white ones) - sorry I missed it but hopefully there will be a lot more of his matches to see.

It's not easy playing the first match in almost 2 months against a decent player who has a few matches under his belt - Good to see he must have come out pretty strong.

*julie*
01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Happy new year all!
I am glad tennis is back. Good win and nice new shirt Rich. :yeah:

ImmzB
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Gasquet is 3rd on the stadium court on Wednesday.

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
a Win AND a Red shirt :hearts: (hated his white ones) - sorry I missed it but hopefully there will be a lot more of his matches to see.

It's not easy playing the first match in almost 2 months against a decent player who has a few matches under his belt - Good to see he must have come out pretty strong.

He played ok, but could be more aggressive. I saw few games here and there, and he still was hitting the ball fairly soft and passive on return of serve and on forehand side. Backhand looked good. Serve was solid, no breakpoints against.

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Richard's match
http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=34727&tv_id=615&tid=4063&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=207

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Match is about to start..... fingers crossed!

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Allez Gasquet!!

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Good hold from Gasquet after being 0-30 down! :)

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Go, Gasquet..

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Gasquet breaks! What a BH to do it with! :yeah:

*3-1

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow!!!!!!!what A Ripper...

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
What a forehand!!!

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Great point from Gasquet to break and serve for the 1st set.

*5-1

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Richard hit couple nice forehand return winners for a change.. Nice to see.

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Good to see the serve, backhand and the forehand working so harmoniously....Fifth ace to win the first set.....

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Gasquet takes the 1st set 6-1 :)

Gasquet is playing well atm. :yeah:

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Richard looked a bit tight in the first few games but after 2-1 he really opened up and after hitting forenand winners on return he really felt confident and just dominated the rest of the set.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Alllez what a pass on the FH!!

15-30

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice combo the BH and then FH to finish it.

15-40, 2 BP.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice BH down the line to break! :yeah:

Gasquet 6-1 *1-0

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Great BH down the line at Deuce and then to finish it off with the smash!

AD Gasquet

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
What defence from Gasquet, and then to hit that BH winner! :eek: :eek:

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you have a link to a live stream?

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM

http://www.livescorehunter.com/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=34727&tv_id=615&tid=4063&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=207

ImmzB

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/14/126/v-152766.html

:)

Gasquet maniac
yes, go to the previous page..Vlad posted one.....

ImmzB
Gasquet 6-1 *4-1

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Gasquet broken to 0.

Gasquet 6-1 4-2*

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
WTF at the game at 4-1 :o

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
OK, I'll watch the last game then. :lol:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Gasquet gets the 2nd break again with a great BH winner down the line! :)

He will now serve for the match!

Gasquet 6-1 *5-2.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Gasquet broken to 30.

Gasquet 6-1 5-3*

silverwhite
:silly:

~*BGT*~
Maybe 1 or 2 more games. :o

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Commentator: "What I would really like to see here is Bjorn Phau hold serve and Gasquet forced to serve for the match. Would be really fun." :retard:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Gasquet will have another chance to serve for the match at *5-4.

Allez Gasquet, serve it out! :)

Gasquet maniac
Hold, Gasquet

ImmzB
Commentator: "What I would really like to see here is Bjorn Phau hold serve and Gasquet forced to serve for the match. Would be really fun." :retard:

These commentators are not the best clearly. :lol:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:27 PM
0-30....

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
30-0 down....

silverwhite
What a mugtastic performance

ImmzB
Bad miss from Phau, 15-30, come on RICHARD!!!

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:29 PM
30 all..2 aces, Gasquet...

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
He has something against winning easily

Gasquet maniac
40-30....shit...Wake up, Gasquet..

ImmzB
Gasquet broken to 30 :(

Come on Richard!!

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
5-5 all......shit~!!!

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Richard is going from not confident to over confident and back to not confident in the matter of seconds.
This is seriously clownish stuff now.

scmom
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
this is painful to watch
he was doing so well
get your act together , Richard

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
15-40.....

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Always gotta do it the hard way.... :rolleyes:

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Words cannot describe how s*** this is

ImmzB
From *5-2 to *5-6 :(

Come on Richard, hold your serve!!

Gasquet maniac
6-5....Hold, Richard...

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Always gotta do it the hard way.... :rolleyes:

I am not so sure he can do it either way right now. He is pretty lost at this point. He gave Phao all confidence in the world.

feliciano
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh No, Not Again:(

ImmzB
Good first 2 points!!

scmom
seems his first serve has completely deserted him
really frustrating

and his mental focus clearly did not approve in the off season
but so far this is a better start in this game
maybe he woke up again
let's hope

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
TB time!

Good hold to 0!

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Tiebreak time....

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Gasquet 2-1*

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Gasquet *3-2

MB Gasquet.

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
No more Pushard please :help:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Gasquet *4-2

MB Gasquet, good TB so far.

Gasquet is pumped! :armed:

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
No brainless ventures to the net either :o

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
5-4 down......

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I feel so sorry for Eric. This is not good for his health

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
5-6* SP down!

Come on!!

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Shitt, 1-1 set all!

:mad: :mad:

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Oh my lord....... :o

oranges
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
WTF? Anyone watching can give a short account why he went from cruising and two breaks up to losing the set.

Gasquet maniac
shit...Gasquet better wake up now........

silverwhite
New year, same nonesense

Vlad1980
This is way too funny. :worship::worship:

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
WTF? Anyone watching can give a short account why he went from cruising and two breaks up to losing the set.

Like I said, that mugtastic performance cannot be described in words...

Vlad1980

He decided to be a clown out there.

Gasquet maniac
Maybe he thought he needed more match practice....

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
This is way too funny. :worship::worship:

Ikr. What an appropriate SP to sum up the set :sobbing:

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Let's see if Richard is willing to fight to win the third.

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
So unnecessary third set.....White shirt now....Starts with a double fault....

feliciano
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Wtf:retard:

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Good hold...

scmom
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
clearly he thought that with two breaks of serve he had this match won
and he just let Phau back into the match

I hope he can regroup - but he needs to learn how to fight
This is really frustrating as a fan
beautiful shots do not win matches
fighting for every point is how you win

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM
It's going to be a looooong season! :angel:

oranges
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Like I said, that mugtastic performance cannot be described in words...

He decided to be a clown out there.

:lol: I'm guessing as much. Any hint? Please tell me he's not retreated among the linesman, feeding Phau those short FHs from there.

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Wish I could fly to India and kick Richie in the crotch and punch him in the stomach, pull his hair and slap him in the face. :o

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Pack up Gasquet...Move on to Sydney....

feliciano
01-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Sisyphus gasquet:sad:

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Richard has the worst body language of any player that I know. Every single time he is in trouble he just tells exactly that to his opponents and that he had enough.

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
:lol: I'm guessing as much. Any hint? Please tell me he's not retreated among the linesman, feeding Phau those short FHs from there.

Ding ding ding ding!!

Mix in a few reckless shots and ventures to the net and you've got the answer

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol, so much of winning this tournament...

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kl2GKlgG_Xc/SOse7AGa5qI/AAAAAAAAAgo/HrGCN8Sy5U8/s400/facepalm.jpg

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
:sad:

Come on Gasquet, fight!!

Schu
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Well good ole Richie is back, including his famous inabilty to close out a match when in COMPLETE CONTROL. ARGH!

What the hell happened?!!! At 6-1, 4-1 I decided had to actually do something at work and when i get back he's down a break in the 3rd. JEEZE RIchie, this is going to be a LOOONG year.

Maybe he's just getting ready for the AO with his "walk about"

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
This is very upsetting!

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
:eek: :eek:

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 05:09 PM
This is not good 4 anyone's HEALTH....I am sick RIGHT NOW......

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Very disappointing considering how lucky he got with the draw in Chennai..... :rolleyes:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Important hold from Gasquet from being 15-40 down to not to go a double break down.

Come on Richie, attack!!

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
This is not good 4 anyone's HEALTH....I am sick RIGHT NOW......

Tell me about it.. Lucky I've still got some of my blood pressure medication left over.

Gasquet maniac
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
3-2 now.....Well if he won this match, he will be forgiven...

GasquetFan
01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
3-2 now.....Well if he won this match, he will be forgiven...

Until he does the very same thing again in Sydney and Melbourne :angel:

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
OMG. What next in this match? :sobbing:

Gasquet maniac
GOOD..5 ALL...Hold your serve, Gasquet...

~*BGT*~
Wow, now he broke when Phau was serving for the match. Allez!

oranges
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, there's the break back at least. Come on Richard, save this one in the end

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
The offensive FH hasn't been as bad as the rest of his game though

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow, now he broke when Phau was serving for the match. Allez!

More like Phau broke himself :o

Puschkin
I just came home and he did the rebreak. ALlez!

Gasquet maniac
Good....6-5 now...
P/s I am not watching the match...

mukado
01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
How can we support him anymore ?

Nothing as changed, it's even worse than before.
The more he's critisized, the more he retreats towards Deblicker and his passive tennis.
That's a shame :sad:

ImmzB
Allez! Good hold!

Schu
Is it possible that Phau could out choke Richie? Let's hope!

~*BGT*~
No TB, please. Break here!

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
More like Phau broke himself :o

I'm not watching. As soon as I tuned in during the second set, he only won one more game. :lol:

scmom
01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
there is a small chance that he may pull this out
as frustrating as he can be
I will still cheer for him

perhaps , Phau will choke it away ( not likely )
I sadly have an appointment- I have to leave
how can I go and not know the result
but he did better when I was not looking

Schu

The more he's critisized, the more he retreats towards Deblicker and his passive tennis.

Yes, it's painful at times (LOT's of times) but He is who he is - Deal with it or don't watch him.

Gasquet maniac
Tie break then....Hoping that Gasquet would prevail after losing the previous TB....

Gretchen.
01-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm not watching. As soon as I tuned in during the second set, he only won one more game. :lol:

Jinxer!

Gretchen.
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
:lol: Happy 2011.

Puschkin
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I only joined when Phau served for the match. What happened? I understand he was up in the 2nd set?

Well, another match in which Richard scored more points than the opposiition.

ImmzB
:sad: Richard has himself only to blame! Phau did play well towards the end of the 2nd and the 3rd set but Richard should of won this in 2.

silverwhite
Paulo, you can retire now :worship:

Vlad1980
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Better player won today.
Congrats to Phau, he completely outplayed Richard from the baseline.
Gasquet needs to lose Deblicker or this shit will continue forever. With Deblicker he looks more and more like a crybaby on the court who is just waiting for his opponents errors and breaks racquets when they make good shots.

oranges
Oh God.

~*BGT*~
:lol: Happy 2011.

:lol:

The more they change, the more they stay the same. :o

GasquetFan
Woeful. :o

What's going on with his ranking now that he lost?

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Towards the end of the 2nd set Richard was waiting for Phau to make the errors! :mad:
He was standing to back behind the baseline on the 2nd serve points! :mad:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
He's still number 30. GGL could over take him if he improves his results in Doha.

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
:lol:

The more they change, the more they stay the same. :o

We wish...

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
We wish...

I mean that he seems to be taking all the steps necessary to take it to the next level, but he's still having these horrific losses.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Do you think he will still play Sydney?

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 06:05 PM
He needs to. He's defending finalist's points. He should have played in Brisbane. :o

Gretchen.
01-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Yes I believe he's actually getting worse. I mean you do expect this from him, but you can't call this anything but ridiculous. And you can't keep not blaming him, oh just because the other player raised his game when Richard was one or two games away from closing the match. It's at that point that Richard is supposed to be playing his best tennis or playing exactly like he was during the whole match.
He has problems that he needs to fix.

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I mean that he seems to be taking all the steps necessary to take it to the next level, but he's still having these horrific losses.

And I meant that his game has been in a downward spiral for a while now, even worse than staying the same :o

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, he should of played Brisbane, he must of thought this was a weaker field and a chance to make it deep into the tournament. (that back fired :lol: ) It would of made it easier to get to Sydney from Brisbane whereas from Chennai it will take longer.

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Yes I believe he's actually getting worse. I mean you do expect this from him, but you can't call this anything but ridiculous. And you can't keep not blaming him, oh just because the other player raised his game when Richard was one or two games away from closing the match. It's at that point that Richard is supposed to be playing his best tennis or playing exactly like he was during the whole match.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is to blame, but he is clearly not on the right path and he needs to get the right kind of help :o

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Richard was saying he might add another coach to his team, not taking this result into consisderation but maybe it will be a good idea?

silverwhite
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, he should of played Brisbane, he must of thought this was a weaker field and a chance to make it deep into the tournament. (that back fired :lol: ) It would of made it easier to get to Sydney from Brisbane whereas from Chennai it will take longer.

No worries. He has plenty of time :spit:

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Gasquet just missing out on a BYE into round 2 in Sydney. :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Look at Nadal! He got bageled in the second set and now he's up 3-0 in the third. :rolleyes:

*julie*
01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Same old story...
Sorry for Eric's fans but I can't stand him anymore.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Look at Nadal! He got bageled in the second set and now he's up 3-0 in the third. :rolleyes:

Rafa is just on a different level when it comes to these situations.

mukado
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
What's going on with his ranking now that he lost?

The problem is not his ranking but his level since US Open (and since he splits from Markus).

Remember he could hardly win against Llodra in Paris, and all his matchs in Tokyo, Shanghai, Montpellier and Basel. Except the one against Monfils, he hardly plays like a top100 :sad:

mukado
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Richard was saying he might add another coach to his team, not taking this result into consisderation but maybe it will be a good idea?

Yes but who want to coach him anymore ? And have Deblicker cramping his work all the time ?

Schu
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes I believe he's actually getting worse. And you can't keep not blaming him,

Yes he was totally to blame for the loss but it's no worse than last year, or the year before - He's been this way at least as long as he started rising in the pro rankings and became the hunted instead of the hunter. It's him, we expect it but I think we all HOPE that some how, some day he'll learn from these matches and be able to stay focused and find just a tad bit of killer instinct to close out a match.

On the positive side - his red shirt looked really nice :) and from what I saw of the match, which was only about half, his forehand looked better than I've seen it in a while (that is until of course everything went to hell).

On to Sydney and hopefully NOT more of the same. I know we've seen this WAAAY too many times from him but have a little perspective folks and chill - It's just one match at the start of the year - My New Year's Resolution - stay positive :D even if it defies reality.

ImmzB
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Sydney Entry looks good, any player could beat any player. :shrug:

So if Richard doesn't get the BYE, he could land himself a tricky 1st round match. :scared:

Schu
01-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Same old story...
Sorry for Eric's fans but I can't stand him anymore.

Eric or even TOny Nadal can't make RIchie someone he isn't. But I do think it wouldn't hurt to see someone other than Eric try.

Roger the Dodger
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Not easy for someone like Gasquet to build that kind of concentration but he must try at the least to stay in the moment and not plan out the rest of his evening while serving for the match. Its crucial he develops this mental discipline.

*julie*
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Eric or even TOny Nadal can't make RIchie someone he isn't. But I do think it wouldn't hurt to see someone other than Eric try.

I know we don't want Rich to be someone else. But not closing out such easy match is really frustrating and not the first time.
I blame Eric for trying desperately to remain Richard's coach while it's obvious that Rich needs other views... as if Eric doesn't want what is best for Richard.

mukado
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Not easy for someone like Gasquet to build that kind of concentration but he must try at the least to stay in the moment and not plan out the rest of his evening while serving for the match. Its crucial he develops this mental discipline.

Absolutly !

Concentration is a matter of discipline not of character (as we can't change his).
And mental weakness is the consequence of too much losses, not the cause.
There are exercices to improve your concentration and things you have to avoid.

Puschkin
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Yes but who want to coach him anymore ?
I am sure there would be enough guys out there to give it a try.

Cloudygirl
01-05-2011, 11:02 PM

He's pretty much the same as he has been for the last 5 years if we were giving up on him I think it would have happened by now.

I don't understand how people can blame Eric. Richard is the one on court!! and it's his head!!

Jozie
01-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Well nothing has changed after all.
Same Richard, different year.
Richard :smash:

silverwhite
01-06-2011, 05:58 AM
He's pretty much the same as he has been for the last 5 years if we were giving up on him I think it would have happened by now.

Actully, I think he has gotten worse the past 3 years or so. I'm not even talking about his results. His game...

Puschkin
01-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Exactly, Richard's carreer has not been straightforward. There have been much bitterer defeats than this one. Think about Roland Garros 2007, that dreadful loss to Vliegen, followed by a defeat against Qureshi in Halle and a loss to Clément in Nottingham where he was the defending champion and then he made the Wimby semis.

It has happened so often in the past that Richard had bad defeats in small tournaments when the draw had opened up nicely for him. Of course these defeats are bad for the confidence, but what really counts in a career are the performances in the huge tournaments. Frankly, I am not that affected anymore by the fact if he wins small tourneys or not, if he is number 30 or 24.

In 2010 he created the base by his ranking as a commitment player, in 2011 he has to improve on the big stage, winning Chennai or not won't make a difference.

And finally, I will never give up on him. :)

ImmzB
01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Exactly, Richard's carreer has not been straightforward. There have been much bitterer defeats than this one. Think about Roland Garros 2007, that dreadful loss to Vliegen, followed by a defeat against Qureshi in Halle and a loss to Clément in Nottingham where he was the defending champion and then he made the Wimby semis.

It has happened so often in the past that Richard had bad defeats in small tournaments when the draw had opened up nicely for him. Of course these defeats are bad for the confidence, but what really counts in a career are the performances in the huge tournaments. Frankly, I am not that affected anymore by the fact if he wins small tourneys or not, if he is number 30 or 24.

In 2010 he created the base by his ranking as a commitment player, in 2011 he has to improve on the big stage, winning Chennai or not won't make a difference.

And finally, I will never give up on him. :)

That's kind of true. 2010 he made to make it back up the rankigs where he did that now in 2011 he just has to mix it with the top players week in, week out.

This defeat was hard to take but you just have to move on. Bring on Sydney!! :armed:

:yeah: on the last line.

Puschkin
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
now in 2011 he just has to mix it with the top players week in, week out.
you are heading for disappointment again,, if you expect that.

This defeat was hard to take but you just have to move on.
:yeah: and Richard needs that spirit, too.

Schu
01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Actully, I think he has gotten worse the past 3 years or so. I'm not even talking about his results. His game...

Overall I wouldn't say it is worse, some areas are actually better, the problem is that it is becoming increasingly ineffective against players. As the game evolves, his game is getting left in the dust.

Unless Richard makes some basic changes to his game, technique and strategy, and gets an on-court mentality transplant he will struggle to stay top 25-30. Nothing wrong with that, some of my favorites are barely top 50.

Not giving up on him, just not expecting to see him hanging with the top players year day in and day out.

teem
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Overall I wouldn't say it is worse, some areas are actually better, the problem is that it is becoming increasingly ineffective against players. As the game evolves, his game is getting left in the dust.

Unless Richard makes some basic changes to his game, technique and strategy, and gets an on-court mentality transplant he will struggle to stay top 25-30. Nothing wrong with that, some of my favorites are barely top 50.

Not giving up on him, just not expecting to see him hanging with the top players year day in and day out.

... and the new year just starts, what will be the end of the same year ? :angel:

Puschkin
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Richard is not the only one managing to lose from a set and two breaks up, the same happened to Falla right now, but does it embarass us that much?

teem
01-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Richard is not the only one managing to lose from a set and two breaks up, the same happened to Falla right now, but does it embarass us that much?

Everybody, even in france, is so pessimistic about richard, his mental, and so on, that one match and all old-new predictions are coming back very fast ! :rolleyes: I just can say that sometimes I would like to see him broking more times his raket :)

Puschkin
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Everybody, even in france, is so pessimistic about richard, his mental, and so on, that one match and all old-new predictions are coming back very fast !

Of course French people will not speak about Falla probably they don't even know him.

We had this debate a hundred times. French media predicted a great career for Richard and now people are angry with him that he doesn't deliver what was written about him. And instead of reflecting about the media and critisizing them for putting so much pressure on a teenager, they rage about Richard. But if he will achieve something great, the same people will say, they have known it all along. :rolleyes:

teem
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Of course French people will not speak about Falla probably they don't even know him.

We had this debate a hundred times. French media predicted a great career for Richard and now people are angry with him that he doesn't deliver what was written about him. And instead of reflecting about the media and critisizing them for putting so much pressure on a teenager, they rage about Richard. But if he will achieve something great, the same people will say, they have known it all along. :rolleyes:

:devil: maybe yes, maybe not, even french "fans" are expecting nothing more from him today!!! pffft !!! just hope he could broke his raket more than one's !!!! : something have to go out, even he's just 30, or more !

silverwhite
01-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Everybody, even in france, is so pessimistic about richard, his mental, and so on, that one match and all old-new predictions are coming back very fast ! :rolleyes: I just can say that sometimes I would like to see him broking more times his raket :)

Which French player is mentally strong? :help:

Though I have to admit, he is starting to reach PHM's standard in that department :unsure:

Dini
01-07-2011, 12:07 AM
I think of all the current French players Tsonga is the most mentally strong. He also shows that he wants to win on court (in a bit of an over the top way most argue, though). Richard will never bounce around the court or pump himself up in the manner Monfils or Tsonga do but it would be really nice to see him just forget about the lapses and move on to the next point... then show positive emotion. Inevitebly in a match, there will be ups and downs - you just can't expect perfection and then get down when you see your opponent starting to play well again. These things are easier said than done of course and I doubt it will ever change unfortunately. It has just gone on too long for me and many others to believe he'll change his ways with regards to the flakiness.

Hope it at least is kept to a minimum this year. It's truly saddening to read how he collapses like that on court week in week out. Would be nice to have a Nice 2010 every month but that won't happen. So until then he just has to take it on the chin and just keep on giving it his best. As for the rest, we can only hope. :sobbing: