down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

down under 2011 is even earlier this year lol

Via
12-23-2010, 12:04 AM
can't wait to start ;)

auckland has just given away the 2nd wc. i think they'll be saving the 3rd till last minute. so arnaud should be feeling quite anxious until then. there's still a chance he may get it, if no big name turns up.

soulage
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Arnaud is down under http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/140859/arnaud-clement-deja-en-australie/ It gives him some days to recover from jet lag and as it very cold in france those days it will be a big change with Australia :lol:

He didn't enter doubles in Brisbane and for the last WC in Auckland i read that it was for Soderling if he lost early in Brisbane. Only some days to wait before the start of the season :D I'm wondering how will be Arno with no off season and no physic work :confused:

he just updated his facebook account saying he's in Brisbane since yesterday evening. He found the off season short :lol: but happy to start a new one :silly: and wish us merry christmas and happy new year Arno or the person who wrote this message for him :devil:

Arrivé hier soir en Australie (Brisbane comme l'année dernière), la coupure intersaison fût courte mais j'ai hâte d'attaquer cette nouvelle saison!! J'espère que vous passez de bonnes fêtes.

Via
12-29-2010, 07:38 AM
i've been waiting for your update :lol:

arno is indeed very early :worship: it's warm here but the east coast (brisbane, sydney included) has been very wet, rain is forecast for the coming two weeks :awww:

mika is going to partner nenad (good news for kezzi) the coming year, while arno last year's partner the israelites are playing together again. no idea who arno will play with in aus??

soulage
12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
that's what we were wondering with whom he will play the AO. I hope he will find a good partner :) Flo Serra was also flying to australia on monday they are surely training together with also Adrian if Rain allows them to do.

Kezzi
12-30-2010, 12:55 AM
mika is going to partner nenad (good news for kezzi) the coming year, while arno last year's partner the israelites are playing together again. no idea who arno will play with in aus??
Or not, if they both see us, Nenad will tell Mika we're his biggest fans, cause we even came to Serbia and then Mika will tell him we are actually Arnaud fans. So some explaining to do in Rotterdam. :tape: :rolls: We love both, it's just that the French team has more of our faves. If only Nenad was French, he could complete our perfect DC team. :angel:
But I bought a Serbian mini flag to go with my France shirt and will cheer them on. :D

that's what we were wondering with whom he will play the AO. I hope he will find a good partner :) Flo Serra was also flying to australia on monday they are surely training together with also Adrian if Rain allows them to do.
I'm sure he'll find a partner he's happy with. :) Is there any news on the coach? Cause Serra and Adrian were both also working with Boris, right? :scratch:

soulage
12-30-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm sure he'll find a partner he's happy with. :) Is there any news on the coach? Cause Serra and Adrian were both also working with Boris, right? :scratch:
The tennis news are very light atm so no news about Cherret and what is doing, in february Flo and Adrian will go to play the US tournament while Arno will stay in Europe so Boris can't be in both places. Maybe some news soon.

Arno didn't enter Sydney or Auckland doubles while Bennet and Richard play together in Sydney.

Via
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Arno didn't enter Sydney or Auckland doubles while Bennet and Richard play together in Sydney.

keeps me guessing :devil:

he can sign up for doubles last minute if he finds a high enough ranked partner. or he can focus on singles since he hasn't exactly stopped for a break, he'll be warmed up very quickly :crazy:

anyway, can't wait...... but first let's have the new year in :aparty:

Via
01-01-2011, 08:05 AM
happy new year to all!

arno has drawn a qualifier first round in brisbane.

the qualifying is going slow today, guess there's rain delay.

Fat Camel
01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
How to use smiles?:) I only know a bit of them...

Pity, i'm without internet for the whole next week and will come back only on Sunday. Hope to see Arnaud in final!;)

soulage
01-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Happy new year everybody :aparty:

Pity, i'm without internet for the whole next week and will come back only on Sunday. Hope to see Arnaud in final!;)
The final will be tough to reach as there is big names in Brisbane. A qualifier will already be in match rythm and n qualifying you have good players like Tursunov, Adrian that you does't want to meet. I was watching the pics of Davodus from Gilles's forum http://picasaweb.google.com/Davodus/BrisbaneInternationalSaturdayJanuary12011# and it looks like Arno had changed again his racket :confused: It's not his Wilson Blade. He was already playing with this new racket during last Interclub match after DC Final. I'm wondering if it's not a Head ? http://picasaweb.google.com/Davodus/BrisbaneInternationalSaturdayJanuary12011#55570644 77793146402

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_wataaylW3_I/TR6oszDNViI/AAAAAAAACuE/ci2f5WH7q-Q/s640/040.JPG

Strange to change again at this stage of his carrer but he does what he wants :lol: Doubles draw is out and Arno plays with Mertinak who will play this year with Knwoles so we still don't know his double partner for AO. They faced the Verdasco-Lopez team :rolleyes: http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MMDD-1.1.11.pdf

Fat Camel
01-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Happy new year everybody :aparty:

The final will be tough to reach as there is big names in Brisbane.

Yeah, i know. But the draw isn't impossible. Qualifier - then young Tomic or big server Mayer - then Fish (i don't think Stepanek can beat him), we all remember his recent game with Mardy at USOpen.:worship:
And anyway, i just hope, i can also hope for the AO final:)

soulage
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
From what I read on a Jeremy's forum Arno could play the doubles in AO with Chardy. It would be nice :) Let's see if it's confirmed.

On their Twitter accound Brisbane http://twitter.com/BrisbaneTennis posted a pic of Arno with Kids He looks concentrated :lol: Arbo play doubles tomorrow.

http://desmond-cf1.yfrog.com/scaled.php/0/620/axqys.jpg/640/640

soulage
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Is there any news on the coach? Cause Serra and Adrian were both also working with Boris, right? :scratch:
News are coming and are not good. The four guys Nico, Adrian, Flo and Arno are all with Boris :sad: since it's official that Pierre works with Fusai. Lequipe writes that FFT will take a decision about that situation after AO . They could be split imo :sad:. lequipe writes also that Flo and Arno will go in Auckland without a coach so we can conclude Arno had choosed Auckland sorry. Nico is with Faurel in Hopman Cup because of that one coach situation, when i saw Faurel with Nico i knew that Pierre was not in Australia. It's a pity since it was a great group i hope FFT can find another caoch for our guys. Boris can't coach everybody and see all the match :devil:.

Fat Camel
01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Arnaud is playing doubles with Michal Mertinak (No 25 in the world, who won 5 tournaments in 2009! I think, Clement can easily enter AO with him), in the first round against Lopez\Verdasco.

soulage
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Arnaud is playing doubles with Michal Mertinak (No 25 in the world, who won 5 tournaments in 2009! I think, Clement can easily enter AO with him), in the first round against Lopez\Verdasco.
Mertinak plays with Mark Knowles this season but as Knowles start later his season he must be over 40 YO now :confused: Mertinak found another partner for Brisbane and it's Arno. For AO it looks like we could have a combo Chardy/Clement. As I wrote above it's what i read on a jeremy's forum.

Another version of Arno and Australian kids :angel: His looks even younger than some kids :lol:

http://desmond-cf1.yfrog.com/scaled.php/0/614/8dtw.jpg/640/640

Via
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
News are coming and are not good. The four guys Nico, Adrian, Flo and Arno are all with Boris :sad: since it's official that Pierre works with Fusai. Lequipe writes that FFT will take a decision about that situation after AO . They could be split imo :sad:. lequipe writes also that Flo and Arno will go in Auckland without a coach so we can conclude Arno had choosed Auckland sorry. Nico is with Faurel in Hopman Cup because of that one coach situation, when i saw Faurel with Nico i knew that Pierre was not in Australia. It's a pity since it was a great group i hope FFT can find another caoch for our guys. Boris can't coach everybody and see all the match :devil:.

:sad: sad but expected.

chardy/clement will be a :hearts: pair :)

that taller girl(?) is really possessive of him :lol:

Via
01-03-2011, 09:10 AM
he has drawn qualifier BERANKIS, Richard

all qualifiers look pretty strong lol

soulage
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
all qualifiers look pretty strong lol
And so young:lol: Berankis had a good end of 2010 with title in Helsinki and with the rythm of the qualies he looks like a tough opponent. Arno doesn't like that much playing guys he doesn't know. Pity their doubles match has been match postponed with the withdraw of Lopez it would have been a good training.

The match of Arno should be at the same time than Adrian so Boris will have to choose :lol: I zoomed on the last pic i posted and it looks confirmed that he goes back with Head racket.

Via
01-04-2011, 07:06 AM
lost first match of the year 64 63 :(

mannarino also lost, so coach is now freer, but perhaps not happier. they really should've played each other for everyone's benefit :aplot:

poor arno he's been in brisbane waiting for a week. i hope the doubles go a little better.

soulage
01-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Flo also lost so Boris is totally free :lol:

They won in doubles 64 64 they will not play quarter before thursday. I read that Arno was leading 3-0 in first set vs Berankis so it means then he had lost 12-4. Not good, it looks according his stats that the problem has been his second serve as usual. Well he's not even sure to play next week if doubles go well. Losing Auckland points he should be around #120. It's tough to be a veteran :lol:

If you wan to see Arno in his new Lacoste outfit white and green version.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03J7bQVeNNbKd/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06ZMgcx0TBgHt/x610.jpg

Via
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
good pics :yeah:

i think he'll make it to auckland. after all, he's used to flying last minute :devil:

whether he'll stop falling to #120, is another matter :unsure:

soulage
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
They only need to make semi to not be able to play Auckland qualies.

whether he'll stop falling to #120, is another matter
Yes it can go fast :lol: He could go back on challengers soon.

soulage
01-04-2011, 05:38 PM
chardy/clement will be a :hearts: pair :)

Confirmation of the cute team :D http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualite/sport/20110104.REU8373/tennis-la-gazette-de-la-semaine.html

CLÉMENT SE CONSOLE AVEC LE DOUBLE

Battu en simple à Brisbane par un jeune Lituanien issu des qualifications, Richard Berankis, Arnaud Clément a enchaîné dans la foulée par un succès en double au côté du Slovaque Michal Mertinak. L'Aixois a du mal à fixer un partenaire en ce début d'année puisqu'il fera équipe avec Jérémy Chardy à l'Open d'Australie.

Via
01-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Confirmation of the cute team :D http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualite/sport/20110104.REU8373/tennis-la-gazette-de-la-semaine.html

CLÉMENT SE CONSOLE AVEC LE DOUBLE

Battu en simple à Brisbane par un jeune Lituanien issu des qualifications, Richard Berankis, Arnaud Clément a enchaîné dans la foulée par un succès en double au côté du Slovaque Michal Mertinak. L'Aixois a du mal à fixer un partenaire en ce début d'année puisqu'il fera équipe avec Jérémy Chardy à l'Open d'Australie.

just realise i won't be staying long enough in melbourne to watch any doubles, duh :o

the brisbane pair will play early on thursday.... in case arno needs to leave quickly?

soulage
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Arno is ready to play the challengers :lol: he says he has a lack of energy with only one week of preparation because of DC. He doesn't want to forced on his body because of his age :lol: and he doesn't feel in the emergency.

He looks prepared in his mind to lost his Auckland points.

For indoor season he's in Zagreb list and Alt in Rotterdam and Marseille. Then i don't know what he ill choose to do.

Kezzi
01-05-2011, 09:43 PM
He also posted to Facebook again. :)

Petit retour sur ma défaite en simple à Brisbane, je manquais encore de rythme et de vitesse au niveau des jambes mais cela va de mieux en mieux au fil des entrainements, pas de quoi s'inquiéter ! Je savais qu'avec une très courte préparation hivernale, cela allait être un peu plus difficile. Sinon je poursuis le tournoi en double avec un 2ème tour aujourd'hui puis entrainement ensuite, voilà le programme ! Arnaud

soulage
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
:yeah: He seems quite calm about the situation and ready to stuggle in the ranking next weeks. Good luck to them in doubles even if it should prevent him to play next week.

Kezzi
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I hope he'll do good in doubles too! And that he'll play Rotterdam qualies. :)

Via
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Arno is ready to play the challengers :lol: he says he has a lack of energy with only one week of preparation because of DC. He doesn't want to forced on his body because of his age :lol: and he doesn't feel in the emergency.

He looks prepared in his mind to lost his Auckland points.

For indoor season he's in Zagreb list and Alt in Rotterdam and Marseille. Then i don't know what he ill choose to do.

:awww: i know one has to be realistic, but giving up on the points before the tournament even starts is so negative :shrug:

he does sound like he needs another few weeks of holiday... i don't think i'll run into him in a good mood :devil:

Via
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
as i humbly predicted, arno is now free to leave brisbane :lol: will he get a wildcard at auckland?

he may actually get to play more matches if he joins the qualifying :o

soulage
01-07-2011, 06:47 AM
he gets last WC http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8610184/popular-french-gets-last-wildcard/ . This palmer really loves Arno :lol:

Popular Frenchman Arnaud Clement has been given the last wildcard into the main draw of the Heineken Open tennis tournament beginning on Monday.

Clement proved a hit with the Auckland crowd 12 months ago during a run that took him to the final, where he lost to American John Isner after having held match point.

"A lot of people have asked if Arnaud is coming back and he is," tournament director Richard Palmer said today.

"He did a lot for the tournament and he is going to bring something extra this time as well."

A former Australian Open finalist who has a career-high ranking of 10, the 33-year-old Clement started the new season at 78.

Via
01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
ahhh thanks for the news... not that i enjoy bragging about this, but it's just what i expected. of course soderling playing well in brisbane also helps to spare that wildcard.

i was at the sydney tennis today so i already knew there's no arnaud :awww: or his pal florent serra. there's benneteau, chardy practising with someone i don't recognise, and simon with gasquet. in other words, all the 'wrong' frenchies for me :sad:

Kezzi
01-07-2011, 11:22 AM
:awww:
For me Benneteau and Simon would be great. Maybe you can question Chardy about his partnership with Arnaud. :)
Indeed looks like this Palmer loves Arnaud, he should join us at the forum here. :p

soulage
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
The qualy draw of Auckland is not so high it may have been could to play some qualy matches there. Now he can play Nalbandian in his first match :sad:
Reading Palmer is great, it's rare to see a tournament director outside France so enthusiastic with Arno. Arno the crowd favorite :lol: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10698502

Adrian and Flo are in the qualy draw. The field in Sydney qualies is better so we can understand why the group is in NZ. Without a coach they are at least together even if they are missing Via :sad:

Via
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
the kiwis is a rare breed, they catch 'arno fever' 10 years after the world did. and the rest of the world have moved on :devil:

seriously i agree there isn't another tournament outside of france that still loves him so much. even french tourneys are giving out wild cards to younger guys.

the qualies in sydney is really strong. unfortunately there's something happening at home so i'm still sitting at the computer as i speak :rolleyes:

ok just so that i don't just laugh at the kiwis... the sydney tournament still has a huge banner of nalbandian outside the centre court :confused:

soulage
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Malisse first round, Malisse is in semi in Chennai so he's in good shape. Tough for Arno no doubles.

Via
01-08-2011, 11:48 AM
everyone looks tough for poor old arno :lol:

berankis his conqueror in brisbane lost in qualies in sydney today. he too could've gone to auckland :lol:

Kezzi
01-09-2011, 12:36 AM
:awww: i know one has to be realistic, but giving up on the points before the tournament even starts is so negative :shrug:

he does sound like he needs another few weeks of holiday... i don't think i'll run into him in a good mood :devil:
I forgot to quote this post and :worship: your positive point of view. ;) Read it on my phone, MTF is horrible when you try to reply on a mobile device. :smash:

On a more serious note, I hope you get to see him in a good mood. :hug:
Which tournaments are you visiting? I'm always so confused with all the tournaments in the beginning of the season. I'm guessing Sydney and AO, right? :scratch:

Fat Camel
01-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Malisse looks tired in the last set against Wawrinka and he's not so young also. But that's again only hope...

Via
01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I forgot to quote this post and :worship: your positive point of view. ;) Read it on my phone, MTF is horrible when you try to reply on a mobile device. :smash:

On a more serious note, I hope you get to see him in a good mood. :hug:
Which tournaments are you visiting? I'm always so confused with all the tournaments in the beginning of the season. I'm guessing Sydney and AO, right? :scratch:

:lol: we should praise ourselves more on this forum, since there's not much positive with arno these days, only occasionally like his davis cup final win.

you're absolutely right, i think i'm more confused with the tournaments you're going to than the other way round :p

Malisse looks tired in the last set against Wawrinka and he's not so young also. But that's again only hope...

if malisse doesn't pull out, yes i think arno has a chance against him now.

Via
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
arno will play on centre court on tuesday, along with his pal adrian who has qualified and drawn a seed.

let's hope they won't again lose on the same day and on the same court :devil:

i seem to be posting a lot lately, but i'll be off to melbourne in a few days, and i don't think i'll like posting on my nokia phone :)

soulage
01-10-2011, 07:12 PM
everyone looks tough for poor old arno :lol:
Yes :lol: that's cruel :sad: but he can still have a shot on one tournament :) we just to wait the good one :lol:

Via
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
46 62 75

malisse ran out of gas first :devil:

is auckland going to be the lucky tourney again??

.... ahhaha arno will play adrian tmr, who'd have thought?

Fat Camel
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Good job, Arnaud! Clement again stops Malisse, who is in a good shape. Remember AO 2007? when after winning two titles Malisse got Arnaud in the first round and also lost:)4:6;6:2;7:5 now.
Mannarino next.

Kezzi
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Allez Arnaud!! :bounce:

soulage
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Adrian Vs Arno what an heartbreak for me :sad: At least he won one match and a tough one. Good luck to both for tomorrow.

Arno on his facebook he's happy and he went in bed at midnight :lol:

première victoire de 2011! c'était un match très sympa contre Xavier aujourd'hui, le public a été top avec moi!! j'ai joué un bien meilleur niveau que la semaine dernière à Brisbane. Il y a encore beaucoup de choses perfectibles, mais çà progresse! il est minuit ici, au lit!!

Marine
01-11-2011, 05:58 PM
It seems Arnaud "cheats" on australia with new zealand. He has good vibes there ! :eek::)

It would be good to win 2/3 matches in auckland, we never know if he'll win as many matches in a row afterward in the year...

Allez Arnaud !

soulage
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Arno has a new job this week, he's coaching Adrian :lol: He was in the box of Adrian during his Monaco match and gave him hips. An article about our guys http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8631058/training-partners-to-meet-in-second-round/

Young French tennis prospect Adrian Mannarino has spent a good deal of the last few months learning from his experienced countryman Arnaud Clement in training.

Today he will need to put the friendship behind him as he tries to put the former Australian Open finalist out of the Heineken Open.

Mannarino caused the biggest upset of the first round when he beat fifth seed Juan Monaco of Argentina 6-4 6-3 in a surprisingly one-sided contest.

His reward was a second round match against last year's beaten finalist Clement, who overcame Belgium's Xavier Malisse 4-6 6-2 7-5 in an engrossing 2-1/2 hour contest.

"I practice with him. We have the same coach (Boris Vallejo), who's not here this week, so we are helping each other as much as we can," Mannarino said of Clement after his win over Monaco.

"He was really helping me during the match today."

Neither Mannarino, 22, nor Clement, 33, knew they would be playing in the main draw in Auckland as late as Friday last week.

Clement's second consecutive wild card was only confirmed on Friday when world number four Robin Soderling, for whom a wildcard was being held in case he was knocked out in Brisbane the week before, instead won the tournament.

Mannarino had to come through qualifying, something he also did in Brisbane last week.

"It was important thing before the Australian Open. I wanted to play a lot of matches so it was a good thing that I had to play quallies," he said. "I took a lot of confidence and now I'm playing really well."

The left-handed Mannarino looked a real talent when overcoming Monaco, his serve and forehand being particularly effective, and Clement thinks his practice partner has a good future.

"It's always tough to say but he has a big potential and I think he can do great things in the future," Clement said.

"It's going to be interesting for sure because he's improved a lot now and he's a very, very good player."

Via
01-11-2011, 11:48 PM
It seems Arnaud "cheats" on australia with new zealand. He has good vibes there ! :eek::)

It would be good to win 2/3 matches in auckland, we never know if he'll win as many matches in a row afterward in the year...

Allez Arnaud !

:lol: yeah he cheats on us! sleeping with nz while he's married to us! can't complain when the mistress is so hot with him :haha:

Arno has a new job this week, he's coaching Adrian :lol: He was in the box of Adrian during his Monaco match and gave him hips. An article about our guys http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/8631058/training-partners-to-meet-in-second-round/

arno sounds like daddy arno :angel: well they'll have a family feud today... lol

Via
01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
the pupil has defeated the teacher, but not before i discover that the official website has a large pic of arno on its homepage banner. really amazing these kiwis....... :lol: http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/

soulage
01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
we can conclude that Arno is a good coach :lol: Well i just look at the stats and he was poor on return and ridiculous on second serve. Adrian is a good returner but not an amazing server. I assume Arno was a bit tired of his battle yesterday. Old body :lol:

It means bye bye to top 100 no IW and Miami DE. No we have to wait the draw of AO as his draw in Brisbane and Auckland was not so bad it could turn and he could draw a top player :devil:

Via
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM
awwww :awww: soulage why are you always able to find the next depressing thing to think about? :sobbing:

outside of top 100, there aren't many direct entries anywhere not just IW and miami. we're back watching qualifying and challengers, until he strikes lucky some time, or....

soulage
01-12-2011, 10:53 AM
a good thing is maybe he will fly soon to Melbourne and you will see him in he next days under the rain :lol:

Sometimes the challenger are more interesting that main tournament :lol: . I don't think it's so bad it depend how it will last long ? For IW and Miami it's because he could change his schedule. Anyway we can't expect too many things from his old body most important he's that he enjoys.

A little video about his fisrt win vs Malisse nice handshake :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89NB0c3y8DQ

In lequipe Arno is still presented as the best supporter of adrian :angel:

Via
01-12-2011, 11:54 PM
ahh melbourne has secret hiding places for players to train, most of the practice sessions we don't get to see. when fans go there early it's really only for watching qualifying. or unless they run into players around the city.

this sunday i suspect we may have another charity match for the floods. last year it's an impromptu arrangment for haiti, but now the disaster is right here in australia.

qualifying is already underway as we speak... everything's happening so fast.... lol

good luck to arno, i do hope to see him looking like enjoying his matches :lol:

Kezzi
01-13-2011, 12:08 AM
the pupil has defeated the teacher, but not before i discover that the official website has a large pic of arno on its homepage banner. really amazing these kiwis....... :lol: http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/
I had to refresh about 5 times before I got to see Arnaud. He does stand out, 5 white shirts and then it suddenly is in your face red and purple. :lol:

ahh melbourne has secret hiding places for players to train, most of the practice sessions we don't get to see. when fans go there early it's really only for watching qualifying. or unless they run into players around the city.

good luck to arno, i do hope to see him looking like enjoying his matches :lol:
They do? That sucks! :( It's the same in Mons, but that's only a challenger. I didn't expect that at a grand slam.

I hope so too! :D

Via
01-14-2011, 12:03 AM
arno has drawn andreas seppi... not the worst option but the guy still seems too strong for him lol i have to be ready for another grumpy man :unsure:

They do? That sucks! :( It's the same in Mons, but that's only a challenger. I didn't expect that at a grand slam.

I hope so too! :D

yes melbourne sounds like the worst of the grand slams now when it comes to practice courts. there are a few that the public can still access but you can imagine the mob when anyone popular is there. things seemed to be better when mcnamee was running the show, oh well....

Fat Camel
01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Seppi - that's not so bad.
But after him Tsonga...And there is not much sense to discuss next rounds:( Yeah, Arnaud won in the end of 2009 in fantastic tie-break but...but he still should beat Seppi first - and he has 0-3 record with Italian.:devil:

soulage
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
last match on court 18 tomorrow . Arno always played his poorest tennis vs Seppi let's see what will happen this time.

Marine
01-17-2011, 10:58 PM
soulage I like ur way of analysing his next loss...lol

Kezzi
01-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't like that, but I like your new avatar Soulage. ;)

soulage
01-18-2011, 10:02 AM
it sucks Arno was 2 sets up now Seppi is coming back winning the third :mad: I don't like this kind of matches :mad: If it goes in five i'm worried for the old body

2 sets all. he looks done :sad: now he struggles in each game. Pity he was pretty close from a win in the third at 5-5 :sad:

soulage
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
63/62/57/36/26
it's the kind of losses which are tough to recover in your mind :sad:. I just have an eye on the score during third and fourth set and he was well dominated by Seppi. Anyway it's a cruel loss he loves GS so much and can have regrets on the third set where he broke back one time. The stats shows that he has not the serve of Isner :lol: 5 aces for 8 DF and only 65% behind first serve. He has doubles tomorrow but Jeremy is in a poor form.

He doesn't look to play so poorly :) but not enough for interesting wins on tour :o. He has still the level to be between 75# and 150# that's sure but is it enough to be happy on court :confused:. The indoor season or spring will be interesting to see his motivation :). I'd prefer to see him winning some matches even on challengers than losing in first round of all next 250 :devil: and the Lapentti retirement is official since today, our veterans are leaving us :sad:.

kukka
01-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Poor Arnaud... :sad: That was a close match against Seppi.

Elina

soulage
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
He's not so mad of that loss :confused: :lol: I though he would have break rackets :lol:

Arnaud Clement: "I'm really pleased"
Loses against Andreas Seppi 3 / 6, 2 / 6, 7 / 5, 6 / 3, 6 / 2
"I played a very good level. He has shrugged his level and was above me in the last three sets. I can maybe do a little better at times. But overall he was better than me. I took 6 /3, 6 /2 in the last two sets with a sense of play very well. I'm really pleased. After if I take 2 and 3 in the next tournaments with a sense of play well every time, I would ask myself questions. But then, I'm not in a hurry. I honestly think that if I have this level of play, I would not be worried about my ranking of year-end . Here, I'll play Challenger tournaments and qualifying ATP tournaments . But I only play Challenger in France, as in Quimper and the Gosier Guadeloupe. There, after the double here with Jeremy Chardy, go to Zagreb, Quimper and Marseille. "

Clement: "Nothing against me"
Arnaud Clement beaten (3-6, 2-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-2) by Andreas Seppi: "I had a good level of play this has not been played for the endurance He simply raised his level of play I have nothing to reproach myself, I tried to vary in amount to the net more, but he found the answer each time. If I had taken three 6-2, I would ask myself questions. But here I still hang on.

As he can be tough with him i think he's OK with his level of play. He's kind to recognise the good level of his opponent :) But for me it's a cruel loss :devil: We want wins :devil: Pity for Kezzi but it looks he won't play Rotterdam.

Marine
01-18-2011, 06:31 PM
We can be worried...he lost in 5 sets after winning 2 first ones, and he's not mad, not disapointed, even quite satisfied...it's not good :o:(
I can't believe a player can be not angry after losing like that.
I am angry for him :rolleyes:

Seriously, if Arnaud beginns to say it's "a good defeat" in grand slams, against players like Seppi, we can doubt about his ambition.
The result = he lost at first round, that's all, and not against fed/rafa/djoko...

soulage
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes strange reaction by Arno :confused: If he played well and lost to Seppi that's not a good news :lol: but it's nice if he's not mad and took some pleasure on court even if for us it's just another stupid loss :mad: If losses continue we should soon see coming back the dark side of Arno :lol: At 33 the ambition is surely to take pleasure and play GS or French tournaments but to play GS he will need some points :rolleyes:

Jeremy is really depressed those days so not easy but Arno can try to give him smile on court :angel:

teem
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
We can be worried...he lost in 5 sets after winning 2 first ones, and he's not mad, not disapointed, even quite satisfied...it's not good :o:(

Seriously, if Arnaud beginns to say it's "a good defeat" in grand slams, against players like Seppi, we can doubt about his ambition.
The result = he lost at first round, that's all, and not against fed/rafa/djoko...

ohohoh what reaction you have ! A tennisman knows more what he have to think about his game than anybodyelse ! he's not a looser but someone very "lucide". Don't worry ! I just hope he could be there in the next davis cups' team.
sorry again for my english !:angel:

Kezzi
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
As he can be tough with him i think he's OK with his level of play. He's kind to recognise the good level of his opponent :) But for me it's a cruel loss :devil: We want wins :devil: Pity for Kezzi but it looks he won't play Rotterdam.
I like his reaction. If he says he tried different things and Seppi just had the answer every time, there's not much else for him to do. :shrug: I'm happy he's not angry, if he's satisfied with his level, who are we to complain? :) Not many can go on like this at his age.

I am very disappointed he won't come to Rotterdam. :sad: I'm calling my friend tomorrow and see if his offer to come to Marseille still stands. :angel:

ohohoh what reaction you have ! A tennisman knows more what he have to think about his game than anybodyelse ! he's not a looser but someone very "lucide". Don't worry ! I just hope he could be there in the next davis cups' team.
sorry again for my english !:angel:
:yeah: And don't worry about your English, it's fine. :)
I hope to too! I'm seriously thinking of going if he plays, I'm infected with the Davis Cup virus after Belgrade. :D

Via
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
63/62/57/36/26
it's the kind of losses which are tough to recover in your mind. I just have an eye on the score during third and fourth set and he was well dominated by Seppi. Anyway it's a cruel loss he loves GS so much and can have regrets on the third set where he broke back one time. The stats shows that he has not the serve of Isner 5 aces for 8 DF and only 65% behind first serve. He has doubles tomorrow but Jeremy is in a poor form.

He doesn't look to play so poorly but not enough for interesting wins on tour. He has still the level to be between 75# and 150# that's sure but is it enough to be happy on court . The indoor season or spring will be interesting to see his motivation. I'd prefer to see him winning some matches even on challengers than losing in first round of all next 250 and the Lapentti retirement is official since today, our veterans are leaving us

well girls as you must have guessed, i was courtside watching that match. all that time i would wonder what soulage would think about this and that, as i knew she'd be following the scores :lol:

arno started amazingly well while seppi seemed to be still sleeping. it was a very late match the first 2 sets were played in light but as it got dark, seppi managed to lift his game and never looked back. he also played a lot of drop shots which poor old arno couldn't run to :sad: very cruel to punish the old legs.

i did actually think that he was playing quite well, his shots were accurate and penetrating, he was running and working very hard. and he wasn't down on himself and by his standards was not too grumpy, only sometimes questioning calls :lol:

seppi had a lot of italians cheering for him. unfortunately arno had very few supporters. the usual french team was there at first, guy forget and others, and even mannarino was there, but they all left after 18.30 to have dinner i suppose. guy gave him a big sign of encouragement as he left, well i suppose they thought he had the upper hand and left in hope! and then nico escude and a friend that i didn't recognise took over the supporting role. poor escude looked even colder than me at the end he's totally wrapped up in white and not making any noise.

He's not so mad of that loss :confused: :lol: I though he would have break rackets :lol:

yes i can attest that he's not mad after his loss, because he even smiled at me as he left!!!!! which had never happened after a loss that i had witnessed before, trust me. he's disappointed of course but not totally unhappy so i'm not surprised at what he said after the match. i have to agree that at least he played better than what i saw last year. or maybe james blake always makes him look bad :devil: if only he can play at this level the next few months, he can still make some progress at the qualifiers and challengers, i think. if not then he really has to evaluate his options. seriously looking at finding a regular doubles partner, for example, if he wants to play on.

myself of course i wanted him to win, i think i was more down than he was :awww: (and very cold and hungry and tired)

Via
01-20-2011, 12:43 AM
no one wants to know about the doubles? they won :bounce:

if anyone still remembers the french girl A-C was there with me, she's travelling in aus and i managed to make her watch arno for the first time in 3 years or something like that. and made her yell 'allez les gars' for me as her french sounded so much better :D

a much happier and warmer day, i hope arno had enjoyed it. it's much easier in doubles, he doesn't have to huff and puff so much. jeremy did all the 'big' serving (tho arno wasn't that bad) and he listened to arno like a good school boy :lol:

Fat Camel
01-20-2011, 04:56 AM
I like Tsonga, but i can't watch his game with Seppi, cause every time Andreas wins a point i start to cruel myself that Arnaud could be there and Tsonga isn't in a very good form now etc...:sad:

Bad thing Clement hadn't very difficult draws first 3 tournaments, this luck won't happen for good :(

Fat Camel
01-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Via, did Arnaud have any chances in the 3rd set, or Seppi controlled his serve?
Thanks for report)

Marine
01-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Thank you Via for ur report !!!
U're so unlucky....
I have a question...u said "cold"...it's a joke ???? lol

Kezzi
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
no one wants to know about the doubles? they won :bounce:

if anyone still remembers the french girl A-C was there with me, she's travelling in aus and i managed to make her watch arno for the first time in 3 years or something like that. and made her yell 'allez les gars' for me as her french sounded so much better :D

a much happier and warmer day, i hope arno had enjoyed it. it's much easier in doubles, he doesn't have to huff and puff so much. jeremy did all the 'big' serving (tho arno wasn't that bad) and he listened to arno like a good school boy :lol:
I saw it yesterday on my AO app, but didn't bother posting from my phone. ;)

I think A-C was in Rotterdam a few years ago too, but I found out when the tournament was already over. :) Never interacted with her on her, but it's nice that you had someone cheering with you. :D

Thanks for the report on the matches. I heard about the Seppi match that Arnaud was being his usual self complaining about a train/audience/ballkids, but I don't really read that in your report. :confused: Maybe the person who told me this was exaggerating, like most non-Arnaud fans do when it comes to his behavior. :lol:

U're so unlucky....
I don't think it's a joke... I guess it just cools down a lot at night, that happens in more countries during summer. Hot during the day, cold at night, no? :)

Kezzi
01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
:secret: Looks like we're really going to Marseille. :D

soulage
01-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for your report Via :D At least you saw his smiling face :angel: We're OK he's not so bad but he's losing matches :lol:
Bad thing Clement hadn't very difficult draws first 3 tournaments, this luck won't happen for good :(
Yes for sure the bad draw will come :rolleyes: Well often he's better in big matches than against average players in average tournament :devil:
:secret:Looks like we're really going to Marseille.:D
It's nice :D

Next round of doubles is more tough vs Bopanna/Quesreshi. First match on court 6 tomorrow.

Via
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the report on the matches. I heard about the Seppi match that Arnaud was being his usual self complaining about a train/audience/ballkids, but I don't really read that in your report. :confused: Maybe the person who told me this was exaggerating, like most non-Arnaud fans do when it comes to his behavior. :lol:

I don't think it's a joke... I guess it just cools down a lot at night, that happens in more countries during summer. Hot during the day, cold at night, no? :)

who did you hear that from? :secret: i think i pretty much knew all the few spectators on that court that evening, not personally of course, but rather in 'categories'... and you bet there literally wasn't anyone on my side :lol:

he's pretty much his usual self, not the worst that i've seen. i'm used to the 'norm' now. as you can tell from the reaction on GM on every thread that has his name on it, there are many others who are used to bashing him regardless. so no comment.

U're so unlucky....

:angel: thanks (and you don't know the worst part of my luck yet ;))

yes it was cold for a summer evening, not as cold as what you're having of course! all my fingertips were numb towards the end of the match, i don't like cold much. the daytime max was about 21 deg C that day, i won't call that hot either.

Via, did Arnaud have any chances in the 3rd set, or Seppi controlled his serve?
Thanks for report)

for me, once seppi picked up his game and broke serve in the 3rd, arno didn't have much of a chance afterwards. i could only hope for seppi to go off again, slipping on something or like that :devil: but evil wishes usually aren't granted :sobbing:

Via
01-20-2011, 01:02 PM
We're OK he's not so bad but he's losing matches :lol:

:lol: yes that's the bottom line, winning/losing. that's why everything sounds like an excuse when one loses.

Next round of doubles is more tough vs Bopanna/Quesreshi. First match on court 6 tomorrow.

good luck, the new pair will be tested again.

Fat Camel
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Nooooo....:sad:
They were winning 4-1 in the third, but lost 4-6..I didn't see how it passed so bad, because my channel was off after 4-1, and they were quite dominating after losing in the first.
No Mika vs Arnaud in the next round:(

soulage
01-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Nooooo....:sad:
They were winning 4-1 in the third, but lost 4-6..I didn't see how it passed so bad, because my channel was off after 4-1, and they were quite dominating after losing in the first.
No Mika vs Arnaud in the next round:(
in doubles it can turn fastly :sad: Pity for the guys if they had the lead :mad: and pity there were a streaming for doubles an i was sleeping :mad: Well they were surely playing well but lost :lol:

Down under is finished :sad:

Via
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
oh well. i can't say i had high expectations of the doubles. i had the chance to go back to melbourne next week, but i reckoned they wouldn't make it to second week so i had already cancelled everything. for arno it's time to pack up and leave :sad: another year and we don't know what will happen.

i have the funny and odd pics up in my blog http://viastennisphotos.smak.co/vtpblogwp/2011/01/pics-of-arnaud-clement/ so that we can recall the happier moments in melbourne! :)