What is Rafa gonna improve until AO 2011? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What is Rafa gonna improve until AO 2011?

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
What will the guy improve, Well he says that you always can improve wich i think you always can. Nobody is perfect.
If I was him I would improve my serve.
He already has a great serve but he has to practice it more so that he can hit it whit more ease. The same whit his second serve.
He also can have a better return on the second serves, he missed allot (I mean more than usual) second serve returns against murray and Federer.
And that's it for him
He passes whit ease.
He has a great backhand.
The best forehand in the game
and great slices

Sapeod
12-19-2010, 06:56 PM
His slice is one of the most pathetic things on the tour.
His backhand and forehand are overrated.
His serve is also overrated.

Nadal is overrated.

He won't improve anything and he won't win a single hard court slam again.

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Here are some articels of Rafa talking about his AO chances
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=381810&CategoryId=13002
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2010/12/Other/Countdown-2011-Nadal.aspx
http://blogs.bettor.com/World-No-1-Nadal-on-the-2011-Australian-Open,-Rod-Lavers-record-and-the-ATP-Tour-a48414

If you are too lazy to read here is a catch up on the articels

It hasn’t been done in 41 years, but Rafael Nadal has a chance to match Rod Laver’s feat of holding all four Grand Slam titles at one time when he goes for the Australian Open crown in January.

“It’s a little scary to think that if I win in Australia it would complete the circle of four consecutive Grand Slam (titles), although what’s scary is that I’ve already won three in a row,” the 24-year-old from the Balearic island of Mallorca told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

“Right now my sense is that I’m training and playing quite well, but until I get to Australia anything can happen. I’m not going to lie. For me it’s a big dream to get there and try to play well and compete to reach the final rounds (because) once you’re there anything can happen.”

“It’s true it’s an opportunity, maybe my only one, to win four in a row“

“I’m gonna try to repeat the same like last year, that I practised all well in December and I arrived to the beginning of the season with very high level, but without calm [since I didn’t] win in a long time,” said Nadal. “My opinion now, if I arrive with the same level like last year in the beginning of the season, the situation can change, because the calm [is] going to be there after this probably more emotional and good season of my career.”

But should Nadal come away from Melbourne with his 10th major title, there’s no doubt that the next question will be whether he can complete a calendar year Grand Slam.

Sapeod
12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
He won't win it.

Typical Nadull being all humble and nice for the articles.

Sofonda Cox
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
If I was him I would improve my serve.

OMFG this a totally original idea when applied to Nadal.

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 07:11 PM
He won't win it.

you think that my predictions are not right,
SO, why do you come and comment in my treads
Everybody can come to my treads if they have respect for my oppinions
You dont have to agree whit my oppinion but you can at least be a leatle respectful.

Sofonda Cox
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
You dont have to agree whit my oppinion but you can at least be a leatle respectful.

Don't bother trying to reason with him, he's a well known troll.

Your theads arn't great though.

Sapeod
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
You want me to be respectful to your bogus predictions?
Ok.
Your predictions are foolish, especially the one where you said he'll win all 4 slams in 2011 :lol:

Lleyton_
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
His chemist?:devil:

Sofonda Cox
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM

:rolleyes:

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Thank you

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 07:39 PM
You want me to be respectful to your bogus predictions?
Ok.
Your predictions are foolish, especially the one where you said he'll win all 4 slams in 2011 :lol:

thats not respectful

Sapeod
12-19-2010, 07:49 PM
thats not respectful
I'm sorry, but there's just no other way to describe your predictions other than bogus.

Nadal winning all of the slams in 2011???

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, but there's just no other way to describe your predictions other than bogus.

Nadal winning all of the slams in 2011???

everody has a other opinion and Rafa winning the CYGS is my oinion

Commander Data
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
The guy probably would have the GYGS had he not been injured in AO. he does not need to improve, just stay healthy.

Rafa is the GOAT
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
The guy probably would have the GYGS had he not been injured in AO. he does not need to improve, just stay healthy.

great post

Topspindoctor
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
He won't win it.

Haha, haters gonna hate :bigwave:

Another bitter Mugraytard :zzz:

Rafa is the GOAT
12-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Haha, haters gonna hate :bigwave:

Another bitter Mugraytard :zzz:

You are right
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

vn01
12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
His slice is one of the most pathetic things on the tour.
His backhand and forehand are overrated.
His serve is also overrated.

Nadal is overrated.

He won't improve anything and he won't win a single hard court slam again.

Fuck you

ApproachShot
12-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Possibly, but I think Murray was playing well enough to win their QF in Melbourne anyway. I agree that to win the AO in 2011 he does not need to improve per se, but it would be useful to recapture some of that form on serve that he displayed at the US Open.

I think he has a great chance of winning the title. Of course anything can happen but I don't see him losing to anyone not named Federer, Murray or Djokovic. Even still I'd favour Rafa's chances against Nole, he'll always have a bit of a mental advantage over Roger having beaten him in the final of 2009 in that great match, and against the Scot it depends which Andy turns up (and if he is still in the tournament by that stage).

Watch out for Doha, as it could be a good indicator of his level. But then again, Rafa (and Roger for that matter) are a different beast in the slams.

Rafa is the GOAT
12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Just back from madrid
I got Rafa's signature
VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!

star
12-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Just back from madrid
I got Rafa's signature
VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!

:speakles: :speakles:

Fabulous! What a great experience for you! :hug: :hug:

Rafa is the GOAT
12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
:speakles: :speakles:

Fabulous! What a great experience for you! :hug: :hug:

Thanks bro

born_on_clay
12-27-2010, 12:58 PM
anything can happen
things to improve:
S&V
ROS
I just want two things:
1. Rafa to stay healthly
2. Rafa to play agressive
:cool:

born_on_clay
12-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Fuck you

+1

don't waste your time to discuss with this douchebag kiddo :wavey:

Rafa will prove once again he's the best :worship: :)

Rafa is the GOAT
12-28-2010, 01:04 PM
+1

don't waste your time to discuss with this douchebag kiddo :wavey:

Rafa will prove once again he's the best :worship: :)

Could not reply beter that.
Great post bro

centralviva
12-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Rafa is going to win AO 2011 no doubt. This could be his only chance to hold all slams at once so he's not going to mess it up:worship:

Rafa is the GOAT
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Rafa is going to win AO 2011 no doubt. This could be his only chance to hold all slams at once so he's not going to mess it up:worship:

that is a great post and its true but I'm sure that it will not be his last chance but he will win AO without any doubt

Start da Game
12-29-2010, 06:46 PM
the backhand is the only shot which is suffering at the moment........i would also like to see him improve his overhead and slice........his overhead smash is still ordinary and the slice was definitely better 2 years ago.......wonder what happened to his moderately good slice........

however his forehand and serve are touching new levels........australian open is simply his if he just walks in fit for the event.......

vn01
12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Rafa should play aggressive. That's the key to win Australian Open.

FormerRafaFan
12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Nadal is overrated.

Yes. He's overrated. That's why he has won 9 slams, and 2 of them on hard. because he's overrated, right? But then again, we all know he's a clay court mug.. how many did your guy win? Huh? None you say? and Rafa as a clay court mug managed to win more than your hero? Wow, I guess me must be better than you give him credit for!

Rafa is the GOAT
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
It would be fun if rafa hits a twiner winner on championship point in AO
But that is the least thing to worry about

vn01
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
You can discuss Rafa's performance in Abu Dhabi in the thread I made, if you want.

Rafa is the GOAT
12-30-2010, 06:36 PM
He just said in a interview that he has improved his movement on the court, his backhand, his slice and his first and second serve (he said that the first or second serve is not the worst thing in his game. I think the same.

Foxy
12-30-2010, 08:10 PM
He just said in a interview that he has improved his movement on the court, his backhand, his slice and his first and second serve (he said that the first or second serve is not the worst thing in his game. I think the same.

Any link to the interview? He MUST improve his ROS, for heaven's sake...

Rafa is the GOAT
12-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Any link to the interview? He MUST improve his ROS, for heaven's sake...

http://www.sport360.com/tennis/news/12091-tennis-nadal-eyes-place-among-greats

Rafaaah
01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure if Rafa will improve. He was is such great form in the latter 3 slams last year but I think his real form always kicks in after the first week of the slams.

His tennis at the WTF and the start of this year isn't really an improvement though still good enough to be the win.

I really hope Rafa wins AO...it's almost like I wish for his success before my own. As for whether I think he can really do it, realistically I'll give him 70% chance. Although they say the other top players are challenge Fedal. I really can't see anyone clinching the title other than Fedal. If Nole beats Fed in semis that I think Rafa win...if its a Fedal final it's going to be a close call but Rafa to have the edge I feel. Really hope I'm right!!