Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
I do too, i have to go to my last official day of class :woohoo:

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
:wavey: Adam....have fun with your unstructured game. :lol:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Oooh ok. I've never properly watched Mile High btw.

It's quite strange, because a lot of these shows aren't even on BBC over here, they're on various other channels.

Yeah, I know all the English stuff gets over to us via PBS (our version of BBC) or BBCAmerica, a digital cable channel.

But then when I lived in London there were US shows on regular channels when they are only on cable channels in the States, like South Park and The Sopranos.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 06:22 PM
:ras:

Digital costs an arm and two legs around here. Our basic package is US$45/month. Digital is an addition US$17 and the TTC package tacks on another US$5. We just can't see paying ~US$70/month to watch the ole boob tube.

I pay more than that per month. :eek: But I just can't live without BBCAmerica and TTC.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
:scratch: Did it have Emilia Fox in it?
Nah, I'm not sure what you're thinking of :shrug:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160904/

LaTenista
:wavey: Bye Adam and Brian. Have fun.

adee-gee
:wavey: Adam....have fun with your unstructured game. :lol:
:haha: I shall, enjoy the rest of your day :wavey:

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I pay more than that per month. :eek: But I just can't live without BBCAmerica and TTC.If I were single, I'd still probably consider it. But the hubs and I have active outside hobbies (he's a hunter/fisher, I'm on court)...so it's hard to justify when there are so many other things clamoring for our pennies.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh, it's called MI-5 in the US. I don't think I've watched it, it's on A&E I believe, a channel I almost never watch these days.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 06:27 PM
If I were single, I'd still probably consider it. But the hubs and I have active outside hobbies (he's a hunter/fisher, I'm on court)...so it's hard to justify when there are so many other things clamoring for our pennies.

I play tennis too and it's not cheap but great fun and exercise. I wish I'd started when I was young, I enjoy it tons more than I ever did playing soccer and softball.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I gotta back to work, lunch is over. :wavey: Bye everyone!

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 06:37 PM
I play tennis too and it's not cheap but great fun and exercise. I wish I'd started when I was young, I enjoy it tons more than I ever did playing soccer and softball.Fortunately, we have LOTS of public courts around here and a very active USTA-sponsored USA Team League. It's only in the winter (like now :( ) that I'm screwed and have to depend on a few partners who are members of a club to get some court time.

I never picked up a racket til I was a sophomore in HS...and then because it was gym class. That summer, the School Board determined that our mostly-black high school needed a tennis team to be Title IX compliant (this was 1981)...so they went out and hired the best country club pro...and she talked to the gym teachers, asking who had promise. I got a phone call...and sweated it out under a brutal August summer in North Carolina on asphalt courts to make the team. It was awesome and I learned so much from her. Enough to try to walk on at NC State...but took one look at their schedule and asked when I was supposed to go to class. The coach looked at me like I had a hole in my head.

I picked up racquetball and did that all through my 20s. Played organized volleyball too but when my team got too old (:lol: ) I knew I had to find something else to stay fit. I picked up my racket again just 3 years ago. I'm lovin' it! And truth be told, I'm a better player now than I was in my teens. Can even beat players half my age. I see my singles abilities peaking in the next 2-3 years but I'll be quite content to live the rest of my tennis life out in doubles then.

:wavey: gotta sign off here folks. Got a 2pm staff meeting. :rolleyes:

Ya'll be nice to each other.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Lisa is a very accomplished doubles player and with Taylor's SnV style...they might have a decent chance. I'm too lazy to go look...who are some of the other pairs?

This could have been answered by now, I'm sure but...

SERBIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Djokovic + Ivanovic :D

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Djokovic/Ivanovic (I'll get that in before Jess gets upset)

I'm so proud of you!!! Nice work!!! :D

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
BBC America baby :yeah: I have a sattelite dish, and i get all sorts of channels. EXECPT for the Tennis Channel OF COURSE :mad:

Since when do they show that on BBC America? :rolls: This must be a new addition.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
I used to watch a lot of BBC America because I was a bit obsessed with Coupling. :lol: My mom used to like all the house and garden shows, lol.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I used to watch a lot of BBC America because I was a bit obsessed with Coupling. :lol: My mom used to like all the house and garden shows, lol.

I really like that show, it's been in the "On Demand" channel. :D But after watching so many episodes, I can't hardly watch Friends anymore, cause it's not as funny now.

:scratch: You haven't left for NJ yet?

Chloe le Bopper
12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Let's see how good economist you are gonna become :ras:

Easy question for you . Which is the correct answer ??

A) Petroleum demand is as elastic as the girl who is at Chloe le Bopper's avatar

b) Petroleum demand is as inelastic as Chloe

c) I missed the class at uni when it is taught those terms

D) i'm too much stoned to think right now ...

Ahem.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I really like that show, it's been in the "On Demand" channel. :D But after watching so many episodes, I can't hardly watch Friends anymore, cause it's not as funny now.

:scratch: You haven't left for NJ yet?

And did you watch the American version when they attempted that? It was absolutely horrible... :lol:

Oh no, I've been IN NJ for the last 2 hours. :D

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Jess you are so addicted to this place :lol:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
And did you watch the American version when they attempted that? It was absolutely horrible... :lol:

Oh no, I've been IN NJ for the last 2 hours. :D

Fly or drive?

No, I didn't watch the American one, knew from the commercials it was going to be awful. ;)

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM

Hey, I don't think there's a 12 step program yet :p

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Ahem.

He ran away from us when we started asking questions about himself. :(

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey, I don't think there's a 12 step program yet :p
Nah it isn't a bad addiction I guess unless it gets in the way of reality. My 12 year old thinks that I need help though.

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Latennista( sorry I don't remember your real name)- did you enjoy Cinci? I assume you went for the whole week?

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Successful British imports redone in America:

*Changing Rooms became Trading Spaces
*The Office (no name change)
*What Not to Wear (no name change)
*Pop Idol became American Idol
*The Life Laundry became Clean Sweep

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Latennista( sorry I don't remember your real name)- did you enjoy Cinci? I assume you went for the whole week?

It's Isabel. Yeah, I was there from the whole 10 days since I only live about 10 minutes away. Can't keep me out if they tried. :lol:

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 08:55 PM

I love Lawrence from Changing Rooms....... ;)

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I love Lawrence from Changing Rooms....... ;)

His designs are amazing. I quite liked Oliver Heath too. Sadly neither of them ever went over to House Invaders like some of the women designers.

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 09:02 PM
It's Isabel. Yeah, I was there from the whole 10 days since I only live about 10 minutes away. Can't keep me out if they tried. :lol:
Yes that's right I remember now. You triggered my memory. I am old remember? ;) Anyway I am off to pick up my boys. Adios! :wavey:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes that's right I remember now. You triggered my memory. I am old remember? ;) Anyway I am off to pick up my boys. Adios! :wavey:

:wavey: Hasta luego (until later) Sue!

Lee
12-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Adam, AQ has resized this for you. I'm not sure it's not working or missed it. So here again.

Chloe le Bopper
12-09-2005, 12:16 AM
I didn't read the entire conversation, but I'm somewhat confused. Did Galaxy and Adam call me inelastic? If so, are they looking to get bickered out of the thread, or what?

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 12:41 AM
I didn't read the entire conversation, but I'm somewhat confused. Did Galaxy and Adam call me inelastic? If so, are they looking to get bickered out of the thread, or what?
maybe they meant inflexible? ;) Nah

Chloe le Bopper
12-09-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm not inflexible. Refusing to lie down for idiots does not an inflexible person make.

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm not inflexible. Refusing to lie down for idiots does not an inflexible person make.
:lol: Excellent retort

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 12:52 AM

I know.... I really need to invest in some sort of life.

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Fly or drive?

No, I didn't watch the American one, knew from the commercials it was going to be awful. ;)

Drive! :D

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Me too Jess. Me too! Although I was just on IM with one of my son's friends ( a girl) ;)

mandoura
12-09-2005, 01:16 AM

Not while I was here Chloe. :unsure:

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Evening Mandoura

mandoura
12-09-2005, 01:37 AM
You're back Sue. :hug:

Mostafa lost :sad:. It was a good match and they lost in the Super Tiebreak 11-9.

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM

Mostafa lost :sad:. It was a good match and they lost in the Super Tiebreak 11-9.
Oh no. This was the doubles match right? Seems close. How is he feeling about it?

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Bye Mando- I need to head to bed. Have a massive headache and just can't wait to close my eyes.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Oh no. This was the doubles match right? Seems close. How is he feeling about it?

So-so. Will tell you all about it later. Go get some rest Sue. Sweet dreams. :hug:

Chloe le Bopper
12-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Me too Jess. Me too! Although I was just on IM with one of my son's friends ( a girl) ;)

Haaa! That reminds me of the time that I MSNed me friend and it was really her grandma. Wild.

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM

*The Life Laundry became Clean SweepIsn't there a Nanny 911 show...or something like that?

:wavey: Morning all. Just reading through to catch up.

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Mostafa lost :sad:. It was a good match and they lost in the Super Tiebreak 11-9.:( I hate Super Tiebreaks. Too much luck is involved. Hope he's still got his head high. Sounds like it was a very close match and he should be proud of himself. Still, I know it's gotta hurt...losing in the first round like that.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Afternoon all :wavey:

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
:wavey: Adam.

Any big plans with the lady friend this weekend?

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:08 PM

Do you like The Office? I love Ricky Gervais :worship:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
He was testing my economics, so I answered the question. I pin the blame soleley on him.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
:bigwave:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:10 PM

:sad: never mind, doubles doesn't really matter though does it M? :p

When Mostafa is #1 in the world, he won't have time to be playing doubles. It's good practise for the time being though :D

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
:bigwave::wavey: SW How are you this evening?

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
M :wavey: I'm good! Relieved to have ended my attachment! ;)

Angle Queen
:sad: never mind, doubles doesn't really matter though does it M? :pI will not take the bait.
I will not take the bait.

adee-gee
:wavey: Adam.

Any big plans with the lady friend this weekend?
:wavey: M. My dad is in Leeds for the weekend for work so I'll see him for a bit. I'll introduce him to Lisa, he won't care that she's not Jewish. Other than that not too sure, was hoping to see King Kong at the cinema but apparently it's not out yet. So I dunno, I'm sure we can find something to do :o How about you?

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
BTW, Jess (if she's here), congrats to Adrienne on her gold medal!!! :woohoo:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:13 PM
:bigwave: SW....You like Frenchies don't you. Do you know anything about Mathieu Montcourt?

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Relieved to have ended my attachment! ;):confused: Sorry. 'Attachment'?

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
The ' :p ' at the end was intended to show it was a deliberate attempt at winding you up :hug: I quite enjoy doubles myself. It's just not my strength, the only time I come to the net in a singles match is to shake hands at the end. My volleying isn't the best.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
:bigwave: SW....You like Frenchies don't you. Do you know anything about Mathieu Montcourt?

Yes, I do, but I don't know a lot about junior tennis since I don't get any coverage and we have no tournaments here. :rolleyes:

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
:confused: Sorry. 'Attachment'?

Holiday attachment. To a research institute. :p

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:17 PM
:wavey: M. My dad is in Leeds for the weekend for work so I'll see him for a bit. I'll introduce him to Lisa, he won't care that she's not Jewish. Other than that not too sure, was hoping to see King Kong at the cinema but apparently it's not out yet. So I dunno, I'm sure we can find something to do :o How about you?Really, meet the parents...already? Are you sure she's up for that?

As for us, it'll be a low-key weekend. I suppose we'll do some Christmas shopping (we've gotta send his nieces/nephew's stuff off soon) but I'll probably just hang out on the couch. It's cold, cold, cold around here.

:hearts: and his friend are doing 'Drunken Christmas Shopping' this afternoon for their wives. Chris (the friend) usually dumps a pile on his wife and Tom just tries to keep him from spend too much...and not driving drunk. He gets a little shopping in for me too. :angel:

I've haven't bought the first thing for him yet. :sad:

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:17 PM
:wavey: M. My dad is in Leeds for the weekend for work so I'll see him for a bit. I'll introduce him to Lisa, he won't care that she's not Jewish. Other than that not too sure, was hoping to see King Kong at the cinema but apparently it's not out yet. So I dunno, I'm sure we can find something to do :o How about you?

Just go out in Leeds and you will see King Kong types everywhere and that's the women.

Btw, you have heeded my friendly warning from yesterday, haven't you? :)

The draw coming up and all the possibilities.

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
The ' :p ' at the end was intended to show it was a deliberate attempt at winding you up :hug: I quite enjoy doubles myself. It's just not my strength, the only time I come to the net in a singles match is to shake hands at the end. My volleying isn't the best.:lol:

I know. I was trying to be funny this morning.

And if you played more doubles, those volleys would get better. ;)

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
GWH :bigwave:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, I do, but I don't know a lot about junior tennis since I don't get any coverage and we have no tournaments here. :rolleyes:
:sad: thats no help :(

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Holiday attachment. To a research institute. :pI'm sorry, I must be a dunce this morning. Were you working/studying at the institute for a short holiday session...and it's over? I'm still confused. :sad:

mandoura
12-09-2005, 01:20 PM
M and Adam:

Yes it was a very close match. He is a bit upset because it was a good draw and they were leading in the STB. The umpire made quite a few outraging calls, on both sides. He's an old man, and it was late, he must have been tired. Unfortunately, bad calls can turn the match, specially when they are on important points.

Anyways, it is all forgotten now and he is getting ready for next week's U14 event, actually his main event. It will not make any difference as this is his last year but he would love to break into the top 20s. He is #20 now.

Thank you both for taking an interest. I am sorry I talk about him and his tennis too much though.

:wavey: Everyone present.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Really, meet the parents...already? Are you sure she's up for that?

As for us, it'll be a low-key weekend. I suppose we'll do some Christmas shopping (we've gotta send his nieces/nephew's stuff off soon) but I'll probably just hang out on the couch. It's cold, cold, cold around here.

:hearts: and his friend are doing 'Drunken Christmas Shopping' this afternoon for their wives. Chris (the friend) usually dumps a pile on his wife and Tom just tries to keep him from spend too much...and not driving drunk. He gets a little shopping in for me too. :angel:

I've haven't bought the first thing for him yet. :sad:
Not a proper meet the parents thing. Just a quick introduction.

Drunken Christmas Shopping :rolls: that sounds fun!

Angle Queen
Adam, did you try to get the avie Lee and I resized for you?

Action Jackson
GWH :bigwave:

When do you start your holiday assignment? It's confirmed I am going to Sydney for that lead-up event and no I won't be watching any WTA matches.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Just go out in Leeds and you will see King Kong types everywhere and that's the women.

Btw, you have heeded my friendly warning from yesterday, haven't you? :)

The draw coming up and all the possibilities.
:haha: thats a fair point.

I have, yes ;)

England are gonna draw Togo, Switzerland and Trinidad and Tobago. Mark my words I can't remember the last time they got a tough draw. Aussies are f*****d they're in such a weak pool, they're guaranteed to get at least 2 good teams. I hope the Aussies are in the same group as England.

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Drunken Christmas Shopping :rolls: that sounds fun!Yes, I think they have fun with it. Tom finally learned to just take cash with him...that way, when the money's gone, Christmas is over/done. Otherwise, alcohol loosens the wallet as much as it does the tongue.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
:sad: thats no help :(

I realise.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Adam, did you try to get the avie Lee and I resized for you?
Yeah but for some reason I can't get onto MTF on my housemate's computer, so I have to go through a wierd thing, secure tunnel. And for some reason I can't upload it when I'm on that, so I'll do it later when I'm on a different comp. Thanks though :yeah:

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry, I must be a dunce this morning. Were you working/studying at the institute for a short holiday session...and it's over? I'm still confused. :sad:

I'm on holiday and I was getting some work exposure at the institute. :p

cobalt60
Good Morning All!
It is snowing big time but Steve had to go teach. I kept Sam home but Nate had school called off. We can't wait to head out and play in it!!!
Mando- sorry about Mostafa's match. Hope he rebounds ok.

mandoura
:sad: never mind, doubles doesn't really matter though does it M? :p

When Mostafa is #1 in the world, he won't have time to be playing doubles. It's good practise for the time being though :D

Sorry, I thought you were referring to me with the M, as someone very special to me does. So I will take the bait instead of your M.

Actually, doubles are very important:

1- By ITF rules, one quarter of the points is added to his singles points, so it helps his ranking.
2- He loves doubles and he is an excellent doubles player because of his serve/volley and angles.
3- I love doubles and I enjoy watching it as much as singles.

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm on holiday and I was getting some work exposure at the institute. :p:yeah: Ok, whew, I wasn't that far off. What kind of stuff were you doing?

Action Jackson
:haha: thats a fair point.

I have, yes ;)

England are gonna draw Togo, Switzerland and Trinidad and Tobago. Mark my words I can't remember the last time they got a tough draw. Aussies are f*****d they're in such a weak pool, they're guaranteed to get at least 2 good teams. I hope the Aussies are in the same group as England.

England got a tough draw at the last WC and so yes that was sooner than Agassi ever got a tough draw at RG, that never happened, it was like Kent Carlsson winning matches at Wimbledon.

So I never asked do you sound like a yuppie cockney these days?

silverwhite
When do you start your holiday assignment? It's confirmed I am going to Sydney for that lead-up event and no I won't be watching any WTA matches.

I started it 4 weeks ago and today was my last day. ;)

They have attracted quite a good field for 2006! You're not going to watch a WTA match even if Hingis gets a WC? :p

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Good Morning All!
It is snowing big time but Steve had to go teach. I kept Sam home but Nate had school called off. We can't wait to head out and play in it!!!
Mando- sorry about Mostafa's match. Hope he rebounds ok.:yeah:

Did you have the day off already scheduled?

We only got rain here. No fluffy white stuff for us to go play in. It's just cold and rainy. Bah!

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah but for some reason I can't get onto MTF on my housemate's computer, so I have to go through a wierd thing, secure tunnel. And for some reason I can't upload it when I'm on that, so I'll do it later when I'm on a different comp. Thanks though :yeah:

What pic is it? I can resize it if you want.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Sue :wavey:

cobalt60
:yeah:

We only got rain here. No fluffy white stuff for us to go play in. It's just cold and rainy. Bah!
Yes I have friday off until the end of the year. Had errands to do but the roads look pretty slick and the snow is coming down fast and furious. They are predicting 10 inches/24cm. So I will just do some stuff at home instead.

Action Jackson
I started it 4 weeks ago and today was my last day. ;)

They have attracted quite a good field for 2006! You're not going to watch a WTA match even if Hingis gets a WC? :p

Enjoy some holidays for once big man, buy some chewing gum do something radical. :p

Why would I watch Hingis? I have seen her before, she is just a little older and if there are guys training I will watch that.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry, I thought you were referring to me with the M, as someone very special to me does. So I will take the bait instead of your M.

1- By ITF rules, one quarter of the points is added to his singles points, so it helps his ranking.
2- He loves doubles and he is an excellent doubles player because of his serve/volley and angles.
:lol: nah it was aimed at Marlene because I know she plays a lot of doubles.

Does he serve-volley on clay? That's highly unusual, it can be our surprise element. Others on the ATP won't be used to it. I agree though, doubles can be quite good to watch.

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:32 PM

It's all experience and he will get better for it.

mandoura
:hug: Sue. Thanks. I am sure he will.

:bigwave: SW & GWH.

SW, haven't seen you in a while. How are you?

cobalt60
Hi ho Silver. Holidays for you now I see. Any vacation plans with family?

silverwhite
Enjoy some holidays for once big man, buy some chewing gum do something radical. :p

Why would I watch Hingis? I have seen her before, she is just a little older and if there are guys training I will watch that.

Incidentally, I'm going to Malaysia on Monday so yes, I will buy some chewing gum. :D

Not one of your favourite WTA players then? :p

silverwhite
Mando :wavey: I'm fine!

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:33 PM
England got a tough draw at the last WC and so yes that was sooner than Agassi ever got a tough draw at RG, that never happened, it was like Kent Carlsson winning matches at Wimbledon.

So I never asked do you sound like a yuppie cockney these days?
It was fairly tough, they only won 1 match and that when the Argies were shockingly bad.

I'd like to think I don't, no. Scottish people say I've lost my Scottish accent, English people still think I sound Scottish. It's a bit of a mixture. When I first meet people, they're usually pretty unsure where I'm from :o

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Incidentally, I'm going to Malaysia on Monday so yes, I will buy some chewing gum. :D

Not one of your favourite WTA players then? :p

Cheaper shopping in Malaysia, how long you going for?

I liked Hingis's game, this is without question, but a practice set between Hanescu and Seppi for example would be more enjoyable for me.

adee-gee
What pic is it? I can resize it if you want.
My new favourite player :yeah:

I don't think the resizing is the prob, I just can't upload it when I have to be on some dodgy browser to get onto MTF :(

mandoura
:lol: nah it was aimed at Marlene because I know she plays a lot of doubles.

Does he serve-volley on clay? That's highly unusual, it can be our surprise element. Others on the ATP won't be used to it. I agree though, doubles can be quite good to watch.

Yes he does. M and I discussed it before.

And yes, GWH, it's all good experience.

If only he can control his temper just a tad :rolleyes: and not get involved in long discussions with the umpires. They almost never change their calls and it takes a way his concetration.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi ho Silver. Holidays for you now I see. Any vacation plans with family?

I'm going to Kuala Lumpur on Monday. :p

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Cheaper shopping in Malaysia, how long you going for?

I liked Hingis's game, this is without question, but a practice set between Hanescu and Seppi for example would be more enjoyable for me.

Precisely! :lol: 4 days.

Ah, OK. Would you choose, say, a Sveta match though over the practice set? :p

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
It was fairly tough, they only won 1 match and that when the Argies were shockingly bad.

I'd like to think I don't, no. Scottish people say I've lost my Scottish accent, English people still think I sound Scottish. It's a bit of a mixture. When I first meet people, they're usually pretty unsure where I'm from :o

I have my own theories as to why the Argies were bad in that tournament, well they will fail again, so I am not worried.

You're Scottish/Welsh right? Well if you don't sound like a geeeeeeeeezer from the East End, then it's alright.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
BTW Sue, I am green with envy for the snow. It is still a bit warm here during the day but cold at night. :)

cobalt60
No vacation for me until February- Vegas it appears to be. :lol: Have to do some research though.

silverwhite
My new favourite player :yeah:

I don't think the resizing is the prob, I just can't upload it when I have to be on some dodgy browser to get onto MTF :(

Whom you've never even watched before? :o

adee-gee
If only he can control his temper just a tad :rolleyes: and not get involved in long discussions with the umpires. They almost never change their calls and it takes a way his concetration.
Passion :banana: essential

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Precisely! :lol: 4 days.

Ah, OK. Would you choose, say, a Sveta match though over the practice set? :p

We have a lot of Malaysian students here and many are on the way home, probably to get their latest electronic toys.

Sveta will probably be on the next court, as long as I don't have to turnmy head too much, the Hanescu v Seppi option is more interesting.

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:38 PM
BTW Sue, I am green with envy for the snow. It is still a bit warm here during the day but cold at night. :)
I am an Autumn girl. Don't like extreme temperatures of any kind. When I went to Nasdaq in March- I thought I was going to melt. Awful weather for me. And here it is so cold-about 15 degrees and that doesn't include the wind chill. BRRRR

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Passion :banana: essential

Acting petulantly on court, not essential.

If they are playing on clay, then calls should be changed easily enough if wrong.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I have my own theories as to why the Argies were bad in that tournament, well they will fail again, so I am not worried.

You're Scottish/Welsh right? Well if you don't sound like a geeeeeeeeezer from the East End, then it's alright.
I think the Argies will do ok, probably not enough team spirit though. Brazil will win it, no doubt about it. If I was still gambling I'd place a hell of a lot on them, quadruple your money.

I'm not actually Welsh at all. My mum was born in Wales, but went to uni in Glasgow (met my dad there) and lived in Scotland ever since, until she moved down to London about 8 years ago. So her accent is even more confusing than mine :lol:

silverwhite
Sveta will probably be on the next court, as long as I don't have to turnmy head too much, the Hanescu v Seppi option is more interesting.

Ouch! That's harsh! :o

adee-gee
No vacation for me until February- Vegas it appears to be. :lol: Have to do some research though.
No gambling Sue :p

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Whom you've never even watched before? :o
I can't help that :sad:

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:42 PM
No gambling Sue :p

:rolls:

Make sure you keep your word once the AO rolls along. :p

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Ouch! That's harsh! :o

You know my views on the WTA and as for harsh, you should hear them on something I really don't like.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I can't help that :sad:

I prefer to wait till I have actually watched a player play before making my judgement. :p

It's a bit superficial to cheer for a player based on his/her results, isn't it? :o

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I think the Argies will do ok, probably not enough team spirit though. Brazil will win it, no doubt about it. If I was still gambling I'd place a hell of a lot on them, quadruple your money.

I don't think Brazil will win actually, then again it won't be a surprise if they do.

Why study in Leeds? I thought Aberdeen, Dundee, Cambridge or Oxford was more your go?

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Drive! :D

I'll assume from your smilie it was uneventful. :) I, on the other hand, had to endure more than 2.5 hours just to get home last night in the snow (should only take 20 minutes :eek: ). But I am safe and didn't get involved in any accidents - only slid once.

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Already 5+ inches of snow in my area plus some sleet and ice.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
I prefer to wait till I have actually watched a player play before making my judgement. :p

It's a bit superficial to cheer for a player based on his/her results, isn't it? :o
He's not actually my favourite player yet, I shall be looking out for him though.

My reasons for liking him are even less sensible than basing it on his results :o

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
He's not actually my favourite player yet, I shall be looking out for him though.

My reasons for liking him are even less sensible than basing it on his results :o

You like a lot of dickheads as player, just support Dani Koellerer.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:47 PM

Not surprising, coming from you. :p

Angle Queen
No vacation for me until February- Vegas it appears to be. :lol: Have to do some research though.Same here. The Big Discussion with the hubs will be this weekend and will probably go something like...

Please, please, pretty please...can we go to Vegas for a few days the first week of March? There's lots of cool shows, and I'm sure there'll be some March Madness betting (always fun to watch the anquish of others :lol: ). Oh, and btw, sweetheart, dearest....there's a little tennis tournament. Andy and Max are gonna be there...and you knoooow how much I'd like to see them since I didn't go see Andy last weekend here in Richmond when the tickets were $75 each...I can probably go to three sessions out there for that.

*breath*

The airfares are cheap and the hotels run good packages and I'm sure there'll be plenty to do. Remember that really nice steak restaurant I told you about. I love to take you there. And Caesar's Palace, that indoor underground mall...oh you'd love it.

*breath*

And if none of that works...I'll start taking off my clothes... :lol:

adee-gee
I don't think Brazil will win actually, then again it won't be a surprise if they do.

Why study in Leeds? I thought Aberdeen, Dundee, Cambridge or Oxford was more your go?
Who do you think will win it?

Leeds has a great nightlife for a student. Plus the university is pretty good. It was either Leeds or Birmingham for me, and Birmingham was too near home. As for Cambridge or Oxford, I'd rather cut my penis off with a rusty breadknife :o

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:48 PM
You like Gaston :o

silverwhite

He does, doesn't he? :lol:

adee-gee
Not surprising, coming from you. :p
You like players because of their nationality, which isn't even the same as yours :rolleyes:

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll assume from your smilie it was uneventful. :) I, on the other hand, had to endure more than 2.5 hours just to get home last night in the snow (should only take 20 minutes :eek: ). But I am safe and didn't get involved in any accidents - only slid once.:yeah: Glad you're safe. Are you originally from there...or at least another snowy area...so that you know how to drive in that stuff?

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Why do you like Moncourt, BTW, Adam? :ras:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Why do you like Moncourt, BTW, Adam? :ras:
Because he's French, and I love the French :)

silverwhite
You like players because of their nationality, which isn't even the same as yours :rolleyes:

Oh come on, I'm just a little partial, which I'm sure you are as well. :p

silverwhite
Because he's French, and I love the French :)

Right...

Now for the truth? :p

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 01:53 PM
You like Gaston :o

Liking a player cause you like their wife and you have a go at me for liking Gaudio, that's funny. If you are stupid enough to bet on Gaudio, then you deserve what you get. :)

Well Leeds is better than Birmingham so that's a good enough reason as the choices seemed limited in that case.

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Morning Isabel! Glad you made it home safe.
AQ- sounds like a plan. I have to talk to Steve as well about finalizing. Again the only thing I am concerned about is the fact that both boys have school that week. Why the tournie wasn't the week before, ha. I could have gone to the Memphis tournie but that isn't a place Steve or the boys were interested in. Also have to make sure that my partner is around. He and his family go sking out west in February and I just need to let him know when I want off so he can arrange his time as well.
We are throwing an office party tomorrrow night so I can talk to him then!

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh come on, I'm just a little partial, which I'm sure you are as well. :p
I'll confess, if Murray was English he might not tickle my fancy :p

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Liking a player cause you like their wife and you have a go at me for liking Gaudio, that's funny. If you are stupid enough to beat on Gaudio, then you deserve what you get. :)

Well Leeds is better than Birmingham so that's a good enough reason as the choices seemed limited in that case.

:rolls:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Right...

Now for the truth? :p
I'm scared about a bombardment of :rolleyes: from you if I reveal my reasons :scared:

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
I'll confess, if Murray was English he might not tickle my fancy :p

If he were French or Chinese or Singaporean, I would be just as disinterested. :o

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Liking a player cause you like their wife and you have a go at me for liking Gaudio, that's funny. If you are stupid enough to beat on Gaudio, then you deserve what you get. :)

I also approve of Guille's attitude, it's entertaining :ras:

Also quite a few friends from school went to Leeds so it was slightly influenced. Even if I had the grades, I wouldn't want to go to Oxford or Cambridge. All Scottish universities haven't got the best reputation, or a good nightlife. I don't regret Leeds for a second.

adee-gee
If he were French or Chinese or Singaporean, I would be just as disinterested. :o
I refuse to accept that. If he was French I think you'd like him :p

silverwhite
I'm scared about a bombardment of :rolleyes: from you if I reveal my reasons :scared:

You'll get a bigger dose of :rolleyes:s if you don't. :p

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Seems like the genders here are having separate conversations :lol: Does it not figure?

silverwhite
I refuse to accept that. If he was French I think you'd like him :p

If you want to believe so. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm not a big fan of any other French male players except for the 2 whom you are aware of. :ras:

silverwhite
Seems like the genders here are having separate conversations :lol: Does it not figure?

Perfectly normal!

Action Jackson
I also approve of Guille's attitude, it's entertaining :ras:

Also quite a few friends from school went to Leeds so it was slightly influenced. Even if I had the grades, I wouldn't want to go to Oxford or Cambridge. All Scottish universities haven't got the best reputation, or a good nightlife. I don't regret Leeds for a second.

I have to admit I do like weasels as animals, but guys who try those tactics where I play don't last long doing Captain Hook impressions.

Nightlife is what you make of it.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Going off to watch Survivor! :bigwave:

Action Jackson

Very normal.

adee-gee
You'll get a bigger dose of :rolleyes:s if you don't. :p
Fine.......

1) He's got the most spectacular name in tennis
2) I like the look and sound of him
3) His hair is like mine
4) He fits all the criteria I mentioned in my thread on GM.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
If you want to believe so. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm not a big fan of any other French male players except for the 2 whom you are aware of. :ras:
What about Seb, I like him :)

Angle Queen
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Seems like the genders here are having separate conversations :lol: Does it not figure?I'd love to jump in the tennis convo...but it's been fun to watch them go at it. ;)

Also, I'm not particularly qualified to discuss some of the players they're chatting about. We just don't get much coverage here of the non-Americans.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I have to admit I do like weasels as animals, but guys who try those tactics where I play don't last long doing Captain Hook impressions.

Nightlife is what you make of it.
Guille's entertaining when he's pissed off and starts cheating, that goes down well in my book :)

There's only so much you can do with crap nightlife. I didn't know it at the time but there is a hell of a lot of fellow Jews at Leeds uni.

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM

Can't say you pick players you like cause of his nationality solely, though it can help or hinder.

Alan Mackin and Murray the Scottish Davis Cup team.

Casper the Ghost and Kermit the Frog, all it needs is Rab C Nesbitt as captain.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Can't say you pick players you like cause of his nationality solely, though it can help or hinder.

Alan Mackin and Murray the Scottish Davis Cup team.

Casper the Ghost and Kermit the Frog, all it needs is Rab C Nesbitt as captain.
Alan Mackin doesn't have any potential. The Scottish DC team will be singles players A.Murray and Jamie Baker. Then J.Murray will team up for the doubles with his bro. And I'll be captain, not Rab.

Maybe we can convert young Mostafa to be a Scot as well :D

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Guille's entertaining when he's pissed off and starts cheating, that goes down well in my book :)

There's only so much you can do with crap nightlife. I didn't know it at the time but there is a hell of a lot of fellow Jews at Leeds uni.

It's even better when Horna threatened to beat him up in Hamburg, that was so comical and I wished I taped it.

Had to say when I was at DC this year I was loving the aggro between Weasel and Potato, laughing hard it was funny.

What are they mostly doing Commerce or Economic degrees? At least you are not alone in regards to the Jewish population. As for nightlife are you one of these people who doesn't mix with townies? I don't like those types, though the charvas make me laugh.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Acting petulantly on court, not essential.

If they are playing on clay, then calls should be changed easily enough if wrong.

I think so too, not essential at all.

Yes they play on clay but it is only one umpire, they seldom get down from the chair and refuse to check the mark, and if they do, they more than often show a completely different one. But in all honnesty, I don't think they do it on purpose against one given player. Besides, it is part of the game, so why lose your energy on something that will not change.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I am an Autumn girl. Don't like extreme temperatures of any kind. When I went to Nasdaq in March- I thought I was going to melt. Awful weather for me. And here it is so cold-about 15 degrees and that doesn't include the wind chill. BRRRR

I think my winter is like your autumn. :D

I hate extreme temperatures too but I will pick cold over hot weather anytime. ;)

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:15 PM
It's even better when Horna threatened to beat him up in Hamburg, that was so comical and I wished I taped it.

Had to say when I was at DC this year I was loving the aggro between Weasel and Potato, laughing hard it was funny.

What are they mostly doing Commerce or Economic degrees? At least you are not alone in regards to the Jewish population. As for nightlife are you one of these people who doesn't mix with townies? I don't like those types, though the charvas make me laugh.
:lol: I like Horna as well actually. He shows a lot of passion, plus he's a fighter (which is a must with all players I like - Guille maybe is a slight exception).

I've never properly seen that Hewitt/Coria match :sad: you can't fail to be amused by it though. Tennis would be so boring if everyone was as charasmatic as a plank of wood ala Federer.

:lol: not all Jews are solely interested in money. There's only 3 others (to my knowledge) out of 200 or so on my course. Oh god no, that's why I rarely go out clubbing on Saturday night in Leeds. There is so much scum around its untrue. Burberry caps and all....

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Fine.......

1) He's got the most spectacular name in tennis
2) I like the look and sound of him
3) His hair is like mine
4) He fits all the criteria I mentioned in my thread on GM.

OK... :lol:

LaTenista
Isn't there a Nanny 911 show...or something like that?

:wavey: Morning all. Just reading through to catch up.

The nanny is British, but I believe the show was made just for America cause it only uses American families.

:wavey: Morning everyone, I'm finally awake now.

silverwhite

I like him but am not really a big fan. :p

mandoura
Same here. The Big Discussion with the hubs will be this weekend and will probably go something like...

Please, please, pretty please...can we go to Vegas for a few days the first week of March? There's lots of cool shows, and I'm sure there'll be some March Madness betting (always fun to watch the anquish of others :lol: ). Oh, and btw, sweetheart, dearest....there's a little tennis tournament. Andy and Max are gonna be there...and you knoooow how much I'd like to see them since I didn't go see Andy last weekend here in Richmond when the tickets were $75 each...I can probably go to three sessions out there for that.

*breath*

The airfares are cheap and the hotels run good packages and I'm sure there'll be plenty to do. Remember that really nice steak restaurant I told you about. I love to take you there. And Caesar's Palace, that indoor underground mall...oh you'd love it.

*breath*

And if none of that works...I'll start taking off my clothes... :lol:

Marlo. :haha: :haha: :haha:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I like him but am not really a big fan. :p
Clement? :secret: I don't like him.

:wavey: Isabel

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:20 PM
:lol: I like Horna as well actually. He shows a lot of passion, plus he's a fighter (which is a must with all players I like - Guille maybe is a slight exception).

I've never properly seen that Hewitt/Coria match :sad: you can't fail to be amused by it though. Tennis would be so boring if everyone was as charasmatic as a plank of wood ala Federer.

:lol: not all Jews are solely interested in money. There's only 3 others (to my knowledge) out of 200 or so on my course. Oh god no, that's why I rarely go out clubbing on Saturday night in Leeds. There is so much scum around its untrue. Burberry caps and all....

Horna's return of serve at times is worse than Roddicks, but he is a bit of a nutcase in a good way, it's Ok we know why you are the Rabbi of the Carla Coria Appreciation Society.

Charisma is just yelling out and being a plonker, but basically it was two arseholes on court and the stronger one won. I mean I watch wrestling if I want the theatre.

You need to visit such places like Halifax, Newcastle, Bradford and Huddersfield, quality nightlife there.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Alan Mackin doesn't have any potential. The Scottish DC team will be singles players A.Murray and Jamie Baker. Then J.Murray will team up for the doubles with his bro. And I'll be captain, not Rab.

Maybe we can convert young Mostafa to be a Scot as well :D

Why not? You can adopt him. ;)

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Do you like The Office? I love Ricky Gervais :worship:

I haven't watched it in ages - I would probably enjoy it more now that I work in an office.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Horna's return of serve at times is worse than Roddicks, but he is a bit of a nutcase in a good way, it's Ok we know why you are the Rabbi of the Carla Coria Appreciation Society.

Charisma is just yelling out and being a plonker, but basically it was two arseholes on court and the stronger one won. I mean I watch wrestling if I want the theatre.

You need to visit such places like Halifax, Newcastle, Bradford and Huddersfield, quality nightlife there.
Horna's defeat to Acasuso (I know you like him too) at the TMS in Cinci was one of the most appalling returning displays I've ever seen. And guess who I had money on :rolleyes:

There's more to that than charisma. But that's what I like. As I say, if all players were like Federer I wouldn't like tennis. Strangely, Hewitt quite fits the bill of the sort of player I'd like, but for some reason I've always disliked him :shrug:

I've been to Bradford several times, next door to Leeds. It's amazing how many Asians live there, probably outnumber the amount of white people which is quite incredible. Newcastle I've been to once, went to see the mighty Spurs play at St James Park. Went out after but just to a pub, so didn't get a feeling what the nightlife was like. Never been to Halifax or Huddersfield I'm afraid, I'm sure it was fantastic though.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM

I support him when he plays DC. :p

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
:bigwave: Isabel. Glad you arrived home safely.

Adam, I too had my B.A in Economics. :)

cobalt60
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
What are they mostly doing Commerce or Economic degrees?

Most Jews I know/knew are just like everyone else. And no, most of the world's Jewish population is not wealthy.

On that note I am off to attend reality around Maine.

Have a good day everyone.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I support him when he plays DC. :p
:lol: good answer. Will you also support Mathieu Montcourt when he's playing DC then :yeah:

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:31 PM

Most Jews I know/knew are just like everyone else. And no, most of the world's Jewish population is not wealthy.

Yes.

:wavey: Sue. Later.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Oooh I didn't know that :yeah: did you enjoy it?

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I think so too, not essential at all.

Yes they play on clay but it is only one umpire, they seldom get down from the chair and refuse to check the mark, and if they do, they more than often show a completely different one. But in all honnesty, I don't think they do it on purpose against one given player. Besides, it is part of the game, so why lose your energy on something that will not change.

They should check marks on close calls on clay, but arguing calls doesn't help generally.

sigmagirl91
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Good morning/afternoon to all!! I'm in hell already...yeah...already.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm going to make a sandwich, back in a few mins :wavey:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 02:37 PM
:sad: Sorry to hear your son didn't win, mandoura.

mandoura
Oooh I didn't know that :yeah: did you enjoy it?

To tell you the truth, not at all. It was one of the worst decisions I made. :o
I double-minored: Management & Anthropology. I made post graduate studies in psychology but never finished my thesis. :)

Action Jackson
Horna's defeat to Acasuso (I know you like him too) at the TMS in Cinci was one of the most appalling returning displays I've ever seen. And guess who I had money on :rolleyes:

There's more to that than charisma. But that's what I like. As I say, if all players were like Federer I wouldn't like tennis. Strangely, Hewitt quite fits the bill of the sort of player I'd like, but for some reason I've always disliked him :shrug:

I've been to Bradford several times, next door to Leeds. It's amazing how many Asians live there, probably outnumber the amount of white people which is quite incredible. Newcastle I've been to once, went to see the mighty Spurs play at St James Park. Went out after but just to a pub, so didn't get a feeling what the nightlife was like. Never been to Halifax or Huddersfield I'm afraid, I'm sure it was fantastic though.

Acasuso owns Horna, though lucky I didn't post the result where Horna beat him in an exho, as exhibitions count and are more important than Slams. Actually Acasuso has a good serve, but even then it's not Lucho's best game, he was an easy bet to beat Henman.

Bradford has a bad image in a lot of ways and that was before the riots, but some of it was justified, but you are still here, so it wasn't that bad.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
:lol: good answer. Will you also support Mathieu Montcourt when he's playing DC then :yeah:

Depends. When (or if) I have watched him play, I'll make a judgement. :p

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 02:47 PM

:ras: You were supposed to go to Auckland and take pics of Ferrer.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
To tell you the truth, not at all. It was one of the worst decisions I made. :o
I double-minored: Management & Anthropology. I made post graduate studies in psychology but never finished my thesis. :)
:sad:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Acasuso owns Horna, though lucky I didn't post the result where Horna beat him in an exho, as exhibitions count and are more important than Slams. Actually Acasuso has a good serve, but even then it's not Lucho's best game, he was an easy bet to beat Henman.

Bradford has a bad image in a lot of ways and that was before the riots, but some of it was justified, but you are still here, so it wasn't that bad.
:lol: you're so sarcastic. When did this exhibition joke start btw?

adee-gee
Depends. When (or if) I have watched him play, I'll make a judgement. :p
When! He'll be a star soon :D

Action Jackson
:ras: You were supposed to go to Auckland and take pics of Ferrer.

I said I wanted to go to Auckland, but couldn't due to other factors and as for Froggy, if I see him I will see what I can do.

Making fun of Bucharest, well only greats win that title.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
:sad: the guitarist in Status Quo (Rick Parfitt) has throat cancer :sad:

They sang one of my favourite ever songs, Rocking All Over The World :inlove:

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:52 PM
:lol: you're so sarcastic. When did this exhibition joke start btw?

MTF does stand for Meet the Fools in most cases and a look around GM should be enough to confirm that.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
MTF does stand for Meet the Fools in most cases and a look around GM should be enough to confirm that.
:haha:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 02:53 PM
:yeah:

Will ship all my snow/ice to you except FedEx has called their drivers off :eek:

I'm thinking of cancelling my afternoon off since it's so crappy here.

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Ms Ferrer where are you now?

The snow isn't so bad, it's the black ice that is the problem and know of a few people who don't grace this planet because of it.

mandoura
12-09-2005, 02:55 PM

:lol:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
:yeah: Glad you're safe. Are you originally from there...or at least another snowy area...so that you know how to drive in that stuff?

Born and raised in Cincy, but the first few years I had my license my mother refused to let me drive in the snow. I'm a work in progress. I managed not to get stuck anywhere so far and I've never been involved in a winter accident. :shrug:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:05 PM
600 posts till we reach 20k, how exciting :D

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:10 PM

:secret: Me either.

:wavey: Good afternoon Adam

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
:secret: Me either.

:wavey: Good afternoon Adam
:wavey: good afternoon. Anything exciting planned for today?

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:13 PM

I was at part of that match, I must agree. :o

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Clement is an annoying gnome and cockney boy good luck with your wish about a hard draw.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Clement is an annoying gnome and cockney boy good luck with your wish about a hard draw.
I prefer being called 'Rabbi of the Carla Coria appreciation society' to 'cockney boy' :o

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
:bigwave: Isabel. Glad you arrived home safely.

:wavey: mandoura

Yes, streets/highways much better this morning, only about 23 minutes to get to work.

Action Jackson
12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I prefer being called 'Rabbi of the Carla Coria appreciation society' to 'cockney boy' :o

You'll get cockney boy when you play up too much Arfur.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
:eek: is it just me or does he look like a mixture of Guga and F-Lo?

http://www.collegeandjuniortennis.com/PHOTOS/MathieuMontcourt3.jpg

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:18 PM

Bye Sue! I agree - one of my close Jew friends from hs is always skint.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:18 PM
:wavey: mandoura

Yes, streets/highways much better this morning, only about 23 minutes to get to work.
What do you do for a living Isabel?

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Good morning/afternoon to all!! I'm in hell already...yeah...already.

How much snow/ice you got there?

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I said I wanted to go to Auckland, but couldn't due to other factors and as for Froggy, if I see him I will see what I can do.

Making fun of Bucharest, well only greats win that title.

:p I'll allowed to cause Ferrer won there.

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:21 PM

OMG, hit the nail on the head :haha:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Montcourt (FRA) Brzezicki (ARG) (RG Qualifying R1)

1st Serve % 51 of 118 = 43 %

Aces 2

Double Faults 11

Unforced Errors 59

Winning % on 1st Serve 31 of 51 = 61 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 23 of 78 = 29 %

Winners (Including Service) 44

Receiving Points Won 50 of 115 = 43 %

Break Point Conversions 6 of 13 = 46 %

Net Approaches 20 of 27 = 74 %

Total Points Won 108

I like the look of this lad :D a bit of a Gonzo judging by the stats

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Oooh young Mathieu often plays doubles with Tsonga, I quite liked him when I saw him :D

Action Jackson
:p I'll allowed to cause Ferrer won there.

I was more referring to greats such as Balcells, Younes, Fromberg, Acasuso and Davin the epitome of excellence that is Bucharest.

Too bad Chucho lost to Froggy then, but hasn't lot a set since. Hope he plays him in the 1st round at AO :)

LaTenista
Ms Ferrer where are you now?

The snow isn't so bad, it's the black ice that is the problem and know of a few people who don't grace this planet because of it.

Currently I'm at work, a bit north of Cincinnati. I skidded on Monday morning on some black ice, so scary. :eek:

mandoura
12-09-2005, 03:25 PM
600 posts till we reach 20k, how exciting :D

:secret: Don't say it. Last time you talked about it and bragged about doing 500 posts/day, you disappeared for almost a week. :(

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
:wavey: good afternoon. Anything exciting planned for today?

I have a 12.30 appointment for my car but I'm thinking of coming back to work instead of taking the afternoon off.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:27 PM
:secret: Don't say it. Last time you talked about it and bragged about doing 500 posts/day, you disappeared for almost a week. :(
:lol: ok, I'll just carry on doing my tennis research :D

mandoura
12-09-2005, 03:31 PM

:scratch: I don't see either of them in there. So it must be just you, or is it me? :awww:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
What do you do for a living Isabel?

real estate data information (IT). I share an office with the fiancee of the VP's daughter :lol:

mandoura
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
:lol: ok, I'll just carry on doing my tennis research :D

Good. ;)

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
real estate data information (IT). I share an office with the fiancee of the VP's daughter :lol:
Ah ok. Similar to Angle Queen then ;)

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I was more referring to greats such as Balcells, Younes, Fromberg, Acasuso and Davin the epitome of excellence that is Bucharest.

Too bad Chucho lost to Froggy then, but hasn't lot a set since. Hope he plays him in the 1st round at AO :)

Dah. Ferrer will probably draw the Poo instead.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Good. ;)
I found out he's been bagelled by Arvind Parmer, probably the worst player I've ever seen live :o

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:39 PM
A Spanish lad called mini bad gambler has just appeared on the forum. I'm intrigued.

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Ah ok. Similar to Angle Queen then ;)

Yeah, except she does programming and I don't. Not my life's ambition but for my first real job after uni it's not bad.

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:43 PM
A Spanish lad called mini bad gambler has just appeared on the forum. I'm intrigued.

:secret: Galaxystorm PMed me about Julio. So obviously he's been lurging around here while refusing to talk about himself.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, except she does programming and I don't. Not my life's ambition but for my first real job after uni it's not bad.
Programming :scared: I've already informed her of my disliking for it. Far too hard for one as simple as me :p

What uni did you go to?

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:45 PM

:secret: Galaxystorm PMed me about Julio. So obviously he's been lurging around here while refusing to talk about himself.
I knew it! I knew it! Tell him to get back!

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Programming :scared: I've already informed her of my disliking for it. Far too hard for one as simple as me :p

What uni did you go to?

I attended Ohio University which is located in Athens, a small town in rural SE Ohio (2.5 hours from Cincy).

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I attended Ohio University which is located in Athens, a small town in rural SE Ohio (2.5 hours from Cincy).
Ah ok, so not in Greece then :p

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Ah ok, so not in Greece then :p

You'd be amazed how many times I've said "Ohio University in Athens" and people think I studied in Greece. :rolleyes:

Or they completely confuse it with Ohio State University in the capital, Columbus.

OU is only famous for our ban of couches on front porches and the riots every spring during the time change weekend. :p

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
You'd be amazed how many times I've said "Ohio University in Athens" and people think I studied in Greece. :rolleyes:

Or they completely confuse it with Ohio State University in the capital, Columbus.

OU is only famous for our ban of couches on front porches and the riots every spring during the time change weekend. :p

Some of the laws in various states in America are really wierd :confused:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 04:09 PM

Some of the laws in various states in America are really wierd :confused:

It was a good school though, they called it "Harvard on the Hocking". But an equally damning rep for being the #2 party college in the nation.

Chloe le Bopper
12-09-2005, 04:11 PM
He was testing my economics, so I answered the question. I pin the blame soleley on him.
uh huh.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:13 PM
:bigwave: Chloe

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
:yeah: Cancelled my afternoon off so I can reschedule it later.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
:yeah: Cancelled my afternoon off so I can reschedule it later.
:D whats wrong with the car? I need to get my bumper sorted, it appears to be falling off slightly :o

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi!! :wavey:

I was going to read everything I missed today but there was too much, I gave up.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Jess :D

adee-gee
Jessy :smooch:

savesthedizzle
:hug: SW!

LaTenista
:D whats wrong with the car? I need to get my bumper sorted, it appears to be falling off slightly :o

:lol: Safety Recall Notice and routine maintenance - tires rotated, oil change, etc.

I didn't cancel that appointment, I'm just getting the dealership to drop me back at work instead of having the rest of the day off.

I invited Julio over, I hope he comes. :D

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM

I was going to read everything I missed today but there was too much, I gave up.

I've decided to stop doing that for all chat threads except for the GBCT ( :hearts: ) and the Singaporean thread on WTAWorld. :p

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Congrats to Adrienne, BTW! :bowdown:

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 04:26 PM

I did and it took the majority of my morning so far. :o

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Adam! :smooch:

So how are you all today?

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:28 PM
:lol: Safety Recall Notice and routine maintenance - tires rotated, oil change, etc.

I didn't cancel that appointment, I'm just getting the dealership to drop me back at work instead of having the rest of the day off.

I invited Julio over, I hope he comes. :D
Ah right ok.

What a good worker you are, I would've taken the rest of the day off :p

Is he online now?

LaTenista
12-09-2005, 04:28 PM

:wavey: Hi Jess! Since you haven't read it, it took me 2.5 hours to get home last night - 5 inches of snow at least. :sad:

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
I've decided to stop doing that for all chat threads except for the GBCT ( :hearts: ) and the Singaporean thread on WTAWorld. :p
I've noticed, you always used to go back and criticise comments I'd made while you'd been away. I miss it :sad: Jimbo also used to but he's disappeared.

savesthedizzle
Congrats to Adrienne, BTW! :bowdown:

Thanks!!! Richard was so close to medalling! Perhaps next time!

I don't know why Adrienne is so good :D I have been blessed with such a talent.

LaTenista
Ah right ok.

What a good worker you are, I would've taken the rest of the day off :p

Is he online now?

Yes, I sent him a PM. I can't access MSN right now cause I'm at work.

adee-gee
12-09-2005, 04:30 PM

Bored, I need to leave to collect my dad from the airport in about 15 mins, he's in Leeds for the weekend.

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 04:30 PM
:wavey: Hi Jess! Since you haven't read it, it took me 2.5 hours to get home last night - 5 inches of snow at least. :sad:

Oh wow. We got a lot of snow here too. :sad:

savesthedizzle
12-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Bored, I need to leave to collect my dad from the airport in about 15 mins, he's in Leeds for the weekend.

Ahh... cool.

silverwhite
12-09-2005, 04:31 PM
I've noticed, you always used to go back and criticise comments I'd made while you'd been away. I miss it :sad: Jimbo also used to but he's disappeared.

At least I still come in here to criticise on the spot. You can't complain! :p