Adam's Chat Thread #4 [Archive] - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

Adam's Chat Thread #4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't know, lol. Novak didn't play either of them last year.. I forget what he did play.

I can't stay for the real thing! Haha, I wish! I am a girl with limited amounts of $$ and the fact that the $ is about half of the £ certainly doesn't help things!
The £ rules :p

Maybe GWH will fund the trip for you :D

Lee
12-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Oh my god :inlove:

What I would give to have that in Leeds/London :sad:

Adam, you should read these :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2783104&postcount=4212

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2783138&postcount=4213

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh DUH. Novak didn't play Queens last year because he had to qualify for Wimbledon. *hits self*
:lol: oh yeah. Tell him to play Queens this year then, will it convince you to stay :p

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I might try and go to RG then, if I can find someone that would come with me. None of my close friends like tennis though :(

Me neither except one who lives very far away and is married with two small children now. :eek: And she's a few months younger than me.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
The £ rules :p

Maybe GWH will fund the trip for you :D

:p He's not my sugar daddy. :lol:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
:lol: oh yeah. Tell him to play Queens this year then, will it convince you to stay :p

What would convince me to stay is if suddenly lodging and food were free... :lol:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Adam, you should read these :lol:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2783104&postcount=4212

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2783138&postcount=4213
I know what you mean about the brown slushy and icey snow. But the snow Jess has got looks :hearts:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
:p He's not my sugar daddy. :lol:
Brian then? :p

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:42 PM
What would convince me to stay is if suddenly lodging and food were free... :lol:
Sadly I don't think I'll have sorted out my apartment by then :sad: I'll probably be at home with the parents :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I know what you mean about the brown slushy and icey snow. But the snow Jess has got looks :hearts:

That's because the snow Jess has, never stops falling... lol... it'll be brown, slushy and gross tomorrow.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Brian then? :p

:lol:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Sadly I don't think I'll have sorted out my apartment by then :sad: I'll probably be at home with the parents :rolleyes:

I wouldn't stay with you anyway :p

"Hi Adam! Nice to meet you! I'm Jess, and I'm moving in!" :rolls:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I gotta head out now, talk to you later :bigwave: :smooch:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't stay with you anyway :p

"Hi Adam! Nice to meet you! I'm Jess, and I'm moving in!" :rolls:
:ras: all lovely girls are always welcome at my place :)

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I gotta head out now, talk to you later :bigwave: :smooch:

Bye!! Good luck with stuff! :kiss:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
:ras: all lovely girls are always welcome at my place :)

You don't even know, I could be an axe murderer. :shrug: :ras:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Jess, I had forgotten RG was starting on a Sunday. :o But even if there are only matches on the show courts, surely the other courts will be used by players practicing so they ought to sell grounds tickets for that day. ;)

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
You don't even know, I could be an axe murderer. :shrug: :ras:
I like to live on the edge :p

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok I'm seriously going now, adios :wavey:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Jess, I had forgotten RG was starting on a Sunday. :o But even if there are only matches on the show courts, surely the other courts will be used by players practicing so they ought to sell grounds tickets for that day. ;)

I hope :D I'm trying for EVERYTHING. :lol: I will fight my way in if it's the last thing I do!

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok I'm seriously going now, adios :wavey:

Auf wiedersehen! :kiss:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I hope :D I'm trying for EVERYTHING. :lol: I will fight my way in if it's the last thing I do!

:wavey: Bye Adam

Do you speak French? I went to Paris 5 years ago but only know a handful of words.

I'm Isabel BTW.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:56 PM
:wavey: Bye Adam

Do you speak French? I went to Paris 5 years ago but only know a handful of words.

I'm Isabel BTW.

Nope, not a single word besides "Bonjour!" :scared: I also know the word for "exit" thanks to my having gone to Montreal last year, but that's really it. I hope to have some basics mastered by the time I go.

:wavey: Nice to meet you (formally) after seeing you around for so long, :lol:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Nope, not a single word besides "Bonjour!" :scared: I also know the word for "exit" thanks to my having gone to Montreal last year, but that's really it. I hope to have some basics mastered by the time I go.

:wavey: Nice to meet you (formally) after seeing you around for so long, :lol:

:bigwave: Nice to meet you too! I'm more :scared: of filling out the forms to enter the ballot wrong than anything. At least for Wimbledon it was in my native language. But somehow I've got a French-English dictionary even though I've only ever studied Latin and Spanish. :scratch:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
:bigwave: Nice to meet you too! I'm more :scared: of filling out the forms to enter the ballot wrong than anything. At least for Wimbledon it was in my native language. But somehow I've got a French-English dictionary even though I've only ever studied Latin and Spanish. :scratch:

Are you filling out the forms on paper? You can do it online: https://www.billetterie.fft.fr/FFT/action/login?method=setLocaleEN

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Are you filling out the forms on paper? You can do it online: https://www.billetterie.fft.fr/FFT/action/login?method=setLocaleEN

Good suggestion, thanks. I wonder how much demand there will be, i.e. what the chances of getting tickets is like. I know for Wimby it is hard (I didn't get any the year I applied).

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Good suggestion, thanks. I wonder how much demand there will be, i.e. what the chances of getting tickets is like. I know for Wimby it is hard (I didn't get any the year I applied).

Yeah, I have no clue what demand is like with this, although it seems (although I could have the wrong impression) to not be as hard.

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I have no clue what demand is like with this, although it seems (although I could have the wrong impression) to not be as hard.

My thought too. Do you know if getting grounds tickets in advance is possible (it is for AO and USO)?

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I have to go now, work beckons. See you around I'm sure. :wavey:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 07:35 PM
My thought too. Do you know if getting grounds tickets in advance is possible (it is for AO and USO)?

I think it is. It seems to be at least from the website. :D

:wavey: See ya!

adelaide
12-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey guys. Just dropping by to let you guys know that I am in fact alive. :p

And YAY ADEE IS BACK! :bounce: :bounce: sorry for the delayed reaction. :o

Mrs. B
12-07-2005, 08:17 PM

you can go around the courts on that day, i was there this year and saw several players practising...

and if you want ground tickets in advance from RG, get in touch with 'frogburger' altho i haven't seen him around lately.

Chloe le Bopper
12-07-2005, 08:20 PM
He's 27 and still in law school? I know, law school takes long but Deb will graduate before she's 27, right?

He's not 27.

And if I go to law school, I won't graduate before I'm 27.

It's called time off :p

cobalt60
12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Whoa this thread is busy again!

ClaycourtaZzZz.
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
you can go around the courts on that day, i was there this year and saw several players practising...

and if you want ground tickets in advance from RG, get in touch with 'frogburger' altho i haven't seen him around lately.
Bärn:ras: :wavey:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:21 AM
http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques18.gif anyone around?

Action Jackson
12-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Man U out of Europe great news.

Adam, you better look after Jess, cause if not you will be eating food through a straw.

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 11:32 AM
http://yelims1.free.fr/Alcooliques/Alcooliques18.gif anyone around?

Drunk AGAIN? :rolleyes:

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 11:34 AM

Adam, you better look after Jess, cause if not you will be eating food through a straw.

GWH has found his vLove. ;)

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM

They deserve it, complete lack of passion in the team. All they needed was a draw in the end and they couldn't even manage that. They need to clear out the deadwood and spend some bucks. They won't though, Glazer is only in it for the money so he's not gonna dish out.

:lol: I shall, I hear you've been keeping her company in my absence.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Drunk AGAIN? :rolleyes:
Not at this precise moment but I was last night. I'm currently experiencing a bad hangover. It was the first time in a while, it was a celebration because I'd finished all my essays :D

I produced a couple of storming karaoke renditions.

T-Rex - 20th Century Boy
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

I rocked the joint :rocker2:

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
:help:

Action Jackson
12-08-2005, 11:39 AM
They deserve it, complete lack of passion in the team. All they needed was a draw in the end and they couldn't even manage that. They need to clear out the deadwood and spend some bucks. They won't though, Glazer is only in it for the money so he's not gonna dish out.

:lol: I shall, I hear you've been keeping her company in my absence.

They and Agassi caused me the worst sporting memories within a short space of time.

Actually the Man U fans don't like Glazer and this is understandable.

As for the last part of your statement, well my loan period is over.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:42 AM
They and Agassi caused me the worst sporting memories within a short space of time.

Actually the Man U fans don't like Glazer and this is understandable.

As for the last part of your statement, well my loan period is over.
What Agassi completing winning all 4 slams when he won RG and Man Utd winning the Champions League? I'm not a Man Utd fan, far from it but thats probably one of my fondest sporting memories. It was unbelievable.

Glazer is treating it as a way to make money, which isn't right. So he's not gonna plough his own money into Man U which is what they need. It is indeed understandable.

WC draw tomorrow....I can't believe England are seeded 2nd, they're gonna get a piss easy group as always :fiery:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
:help:
Whats the matter young sir, would you like a :hug:

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Whats the matter young sir, would you like a :hug:

It was in reply to you singing karaoke. :p

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
It was in reply to you singing karaoke. :p
:ras: I'm not bad, not fantastic but not dreadful :)

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, generally, people who sing karaoke... :scared:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, generally, people who sing karaoke... :scared:
There's a couple of people that usually go that have pretty good voices, 1 girl has the most amazing voice she's hideously ugly though :scared:

Then there's 1 bloke that has possibly the worst voice you'll ever hear, but its hysterically funny, he'll never fail to make me laugh.

Action Jackson
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
What Agassi completing winning all 4 slams when he won RG and Man Utd winning the Champions League? I'm not a Man Utd fan, far from it but thats probably one of my fondest sporting memories. It was unbelievable.

Both of those things shouldn't have happened, but they did.

Karaoke, the Japanese love it in a big way. I prefer the Milli Vanilli style of singing.

MariaV
12-08-2005, 11:57 AM
:haha: and hello Adam! I barely have time to say hi! My work is killing me. George seems to have all the exams behind him as well. ;)
:help: from SW to Adam's karaoke singing was :yeah:!!!!

MariaV
12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Karaoke, the Japanese love it in a big way. I prefer the Milli Vanilli style of singing.

:haha: :haha: You're too funny, sorry I have to go. :sad:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:00 PM
:haha: and hello Adam! I barely have time to say hi! My work is killing me. George seems to have all the exams behind him as well. ;)
:help: from SW to Adam's karaoke singing was :yeah:!!!!
Just wait till you've heard me :ras: I'm the new Kurt Cobain :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
:rolls: Jimbo's poll about the 2006 v-cash champion is fabulously funny :worship: where is the lad?

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Top of the morn to all here.

MariaV
12-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Just wait till you've heard me :ras: I'm the new Kurt Cobain :D
:hug: :lol: Sure, maybe one day I can come to London again to witness it personally. :wavey:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:04 PM
:hug: :lol: Sure, maybe one day I can come to London again to witness it personally. :wavey:
You'll be able to find my CD in all good music shops soon :p

:wavey: have a good day

and :wavey: (in a hello way) to Sue

MariaV
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Adam and take care! :wavey:

Action Jackson
12-08-2005, 12:07 PM
:rolls: Jimbo's poll about the 2006 v-cash champion is fabulously funny :worship: where is the lad?

He's out jiving in the Canberra nightspots.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey guys!!! :wavey:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:12 PM
:lol: bless. The Jimbo Jive. It's got a nice ring to it.

I'm bored, someone entertain me. I almost wish I still had work to do :o

adee-gee
Jessy :smooch: right on time

silverwhite
Sue :wavey:
Jess :kiss:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Well I hope to leave in about 40 minutes, but i need some time to wake up first, lol.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
SW :hug:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Well I hope to leave in about 40 minutes, but i need some time to wake up first, lol.
:sad:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
:sad:

:hug: I'm excited!!

Mrs. B
:wavey: hello, Adee's thread!

adee-gee
:hug: I'm excited!!
Why what's happening?

:wavey: Mrs B

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm going home!!!! :lol: That makes me a very happy girl!

Hey SW, nice job in the short program :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm going home!!!! :lol: That makes me a very happy girl!
Oooh yeah. How long for?

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Oooh yeah. How long for?

Til January 16 or so :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Til January 16 or so :D
You get like 2 weeks more than me :eek: :(

What was your hair suggestion btw?

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:27 PM

What was your hair suggestion btw?

Oh shoot. I don't have it prepared. See I have friends who have attempted to have long curly hair and I was going to show you picture to ask you which your hair was like when dry since I've only ever see it wet, lol and then make suggestions, but I didn't expect to see you online now, so it's not ready... lol.

silverwhite
12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey SW, nice job in the short program :D

His long program is going to let him down as usual. :help:

Adrienne did even better! :hug:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:28 PM

That's only because I am leaving super early. :lol: I *could* have stuck around until the 16th....

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
His long program is going to let him down as usual. :help:

Adrienne did even better! :hug:

Adrienne is getting screwed over by a couple of judges. JUDGING CONTROVERSY. The Americans just have something against her. Typical. Stupid Americans.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Oh shoot. I don't have it prepared. See I have friends who have attempted to have long curly hair and I was going to show you picture to ask you which your hair was like when dry since I've only ever see it wet, lol and then make suggestions, but I didn't expect to see you online now, so it's not ready... lol.
Well it varies.....

When I wake up in the morning its like Guga's :o

But if I have a shower or something and then dry it, it goes a bit like er....I dunno I can't really explain. Frizzy and curly but not too bad.

So I usually put a bit of gel on it to make it slightly less standing up if you know what I mean.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Okay... has it gotten to the point where it is anything at all like this:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Okay... has it gotten to the point where it is anything at all like this:
:haha: :worship: who are they?

Its not quite that bad no. Although when I wake up in the morning it can possibly look a little like the guy on the right of the picture.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Ughhhh I am in such a situation... blah.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:39 PM
:haha: :worship: who are they?

Its not quite that bad no. Although when I wake up in the morning it can possibly look a little like the guy on the right of the picture.

:lol: Two guys I used to be friends with, although I'm much more friends with the guy on the right than on the left. They're a year younger than me and I used to have to drive the kid on the right around everywhere before he got his license.

Hmmm not quite that bad? *thinks*

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Okay I forgot what I was going to suggest then, lol. So... erm... nevermind! No suggestion!

brb.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Ughhhh I am in such a situation... blah.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:44 PM
:lol: Two guys I used to be friends with, although I'm much more friends with the guy on the right than on the left. They're a year younger than me and I used to have to drive the kid on the right around everywhere before he got his license.

Hmmm not quite that bad? *thinks*
When I say not quite that bad I mean not quite as frizzy. I'd probably prefer it if it was like that. It's just kind of not happening at all at the moment, its the first time my hair has been quite long and its not going the way I had planned :sad:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:53 PM

This is a long story... okay.

Back when I was 17, I had this really great friend, Kristen. In fact she is still a really great friend. We've been friends since we were 11 or so. Anyway, she started dating this guy Danny who was 14 (oooh scandal, younger man). Kristen and I got into this huge ridiculous fight (we liked to do that a lot when we were younger, no big deal, we always make up, lol), and for some reason she completely stopped speaking to me this time. Danny and I were in the school musical together and basically everyone else hated him, mainly he had a bad reputation from nothing he had done on his own, but his older brother Mike is an absolutely horrible human being, so even though Danny is the complete opposite, well it kind of sucked for him. So anyway, we hung out a lot during the musical, and eventually rumors started getting back to Kristen that I was trying to steal Danny from her, etc... these, at the time were not true... lol. Well, as the months went by, and me and Kristen still weren't speaking, eventually I did start to like Danny a bit, but I never ever ever would have done anything with him because I definitely still considered Kristen a friend, and I wouldn't hurt her.

Eventually, Kristen and I started speaking again and we all laughed about how much of a crush I had on Danny and the three of us were just good friends. Whenever I came back from school, the three of us would go out for lunch, and we all went with Danny when he bought the real love of his life.. his car. However, probably for the last year and a half, I haven't really seen or talked to him much, but I've kept in touch with Kristen.

Anyway... Kristen and Danny have been on and off for years, and this fall, probably a month or so ago, called it off for good. They are both very very happy with this decision, lol. They're still best friends, and Kristen has dated another guy since.

So... the problem?

I think the crush on Danny is coming back. He's now 18 btw, so I'm not some gross child molester... but like... but like... MEH. I don't know whether I'm allowed to make a move or not and all that complicated stuff with guys and friends, yada yada. MEH.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Okay I forgot what I was going to suggest then, lol. So... erm... nevermind! No suggestion!

brb.
:sad: my hair is beyond help.

Have you heard McFly's new song? Every song they release is unbelievably catchy :o

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
:sad: my hair is beyond help.

Have you heard McFly's new song? Every song they release is unbelievably catchy :o

Which one is their new one? :lol: My friend sent me mp3s a while ago, so I have them all. :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:57 PM
This is a long story... okay.

Back when I was 17, I had this really great friend, Kristen. In fact she is still a really great friend. We've been friends since we were 11 or so. Anyway, she started dating this guy Danny who was 14 (oooh scandal, younger man). Kristen and I got into this huge ridiculous fight (we liked to do that a lot when we were younger, no big deal, we always make up, lol), and for some reason she completely stopped speaking to me this time. Danny and I were in the school musical together and basically everyone else hated him, mainly he had a bad reputation from nothing he had done on his own, but his older brother Mike is an absolutely horrible human being, so even though Danny is the complete opposite, well it kind of sucked for him. So anyway, we hung out a lot during the musical, and eventually rumors started getting back to Kristen that I was trying to steal Danny from her, etc... these, at the time were not true... lol. Well, as the months went by, and me and Kristen still weren't speaking, eventually I did start to like Danny a bit, but I never ever ever would have done anything with him because I definitely still considered Kristen a friend, and I wouldn't hurt her.

Eventually, Kristen and I started speaking again and we all laughed about how much of a crush I had on Danny and the three of us were just good friends. Whenever I came back from school, the three of us would go out for lunch, and we all went with Danny when he bought the real love of his life.. his car. However, probably for the last year and a half, I haven't really seen or talked to him much, but I've kept in touch with Kristen.

Anyway... Kristen and Danny have been on and off for years, and this fall, probably a month or so ago, called it off for good. They are both very very happy with this decision, lol. They're still best friends, and Kristen has dated another guy since.

So... the problem?

I think the crush on Danny is coming back. He's now 18 btw, so I'm not some gross child molester... but like... but like... MEH. I don't know whether I'm allowed to make a move or not and all that complicated stuff with guys and friends, yada yada. MEH.
Hmmm tricky. I would say it would probably be ok, but you never know with girls :tape: I'd probably just drop it into a conversation with your friend and say you like him, and see what she says. I'm no good at giving advice though, I'm bad enough at taking care of myself :o

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Which one is their new one? :lol: My friend sent me mp3s a while ago, so I have them all. :D
Ultraviolet I think it's called. The chorus is extremely catchy I can't get it out my head.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Hmmm tricky. I would say it would probably be ok, but you never know with girls :tape: I'd probably just drop it into a conversation with your friend and say you like him, and see what she says. I'm no good at giving advice though, I'm bad enough at taking care of myself :o

Yeah... it is tricky. Kristen's not really the type to be mad I don't think, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea and think that I was just sitting here waiting anxiously for them to break up for the last 4 years. :sad:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Ultraviolet I think it's called. The chorus is extremely catchy I can't get it out my head.

Ohhhh! I do like that one. :yeah:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah... it is tricky. Kristen's not really the type to be mad I don't think, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea and think that I was just sitting here waiting anxiously for them to break up for the last 4 years. :sad:
I would say its probably alright. If I was in her position I wouldn't be bothered, but based on personal experience girls are more dodgy about these sort of things than guys. Is she dating someone at the moment, because if she is I'd say its highly unlikely she'd mind.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I would say its probably alright. If I was in her position I wouldn't be bothered, but based on personal experience girls are more dodgy about these sort of things than guys. Is she dating someone at the moment, because if she is I'd say its highly unlikely she'd mind.

No... the guy she was seeing before was a jerk... so that's no longer happening. So she's single.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Ohhhh! I do like that one. :yeah:
:D

One of my mates managed to destroy 'Obviously' last night. Each time we do karaoke we all choose a song for each other to do, usually as bad as we can find. Knowing how much my mate hates McFly, that was my choice :p I had to do 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney :o :o :o

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:06 PM
No... the guy she was seeing before was a jerk... so that's no longer happening. So she's single.
Oooh thats not so good. Is Danny's brother still an ass?

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Oooh thats not so good. Is Danny's brother still an ass?

Oh. Absolutely.

And I mean, I hate to admit it, but I had a thing for Mike too in the past. But that's when I was young and it was like, "Oooh he's a jerk, that's so hot." and now I'm smarter and think "God, I would never put up with that for a prolonged period of time." I mean, Mike's a drug dealer, he's mean, and he's just not a good guy... lol.

There was this one time when the four of us were hanging out, me, Kristen, Danny and Mike in Danny's room and Mike goes to me. "You know Jess. You could be sort of pretty some day if you do this, this this" and started listing every single one of my physical flaws. He ends with, "Did you ever have braces?" and I was like "Yes?" and he's like "I don't think they worked. I mean. Your teeth are straight but there's something weird about your mouth."

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:12 PM
:D

One of my mates managed to destroy 'Obviously' last night. Each time we do karaoke we all choose a song for each other to do, usually as bad as we can find. Knowing how much my mate hates McFly, that was my choice :p I had to do 'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney :o :o :o

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh. Absolutely.

And I mean, I hate to admit it, but I had a thing for Mike too in the past. But that's when I was young and it was like, "Oooh he's a jerk, that's so hot." and now I'm smarter and think "God, I would never put up with that for a prolonged period of time." I mean, Mike's a drug dealer, he's mean, and he's just not a good guy... lol.

There was this one time when the four of us were hanging out, me, Kristen, Danny and Mike in Danny's room and Mike goes to me. "You know Jess. You could be sort of pretty some day if you do this, this this" and started listing every single one of my physical flaws. He ends with, "Did you ever have braces?" and I was like "Yes?" and he's like "I don't think they worked. I mean. Your teeth are straight but there's something weird about your mouth."
:( I'll :boxing: him for you.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh crap I didn't realise the time I said I'd give the missus a lift up to uni. Will you still be here in like 10-15 mins?

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
:( I'll :boxing: him for you.

:banana:

So yeah, I really hate Mike. So does Danny. I don't even know what Mike is doing with his life... I know he didn't go to college. There's absolutely no way he would have gotten into one.

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Oh crap I didn't realise the time I said I'd give the missus a lift up to uni. Will you still be here in like 10-15 mins?

Nope, I should have left 15 minutes ago :lol:

I'll be on in about 5 hours... :lol:

savesthedizzle
12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
So I'll see you around!! Have a good day! :smooch:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Nope, I should have left 15 minutes ago :lol:

I'll be on in about 5 hours... :lol:
:sad: ok have a safe journey :smooch:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:23 PM
So I'll see you around!! Have a good day! :smooch:
And you :kiss:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Someone come and talk to me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Some of us are working pleasseeeee ;) :p

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Some of us are working pleasseeeee ;) :p
:lol: someone that isn't working then pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :p

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
You could make an appointment. Maybe then I would have time to talk. Oh Oh bye

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Hmmm, I do have a bit of a sore throat :p that's not really your area though is it?

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:14 PM

:lol: A cheeky bloke from there tried chatting me up once when I lived in London, unaware his friends had already told me he had a gf back in Oz.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
:lol: A cheeky bloke from there tried chatting me up once when I lived in London, unaware his friends had already told me he had a gf back in Oz.
It was probably Jimbo :o

:wavey: by the way how you doing today?

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:28 PM
It was probably Jimbo :o

:wavey: by the way how you doing today?

:wavey: Hi Adam! Fine except getting a bit :scared: as weather prediction has changed to 3-6 inches of snow this afternoon/evening.

Where to you live? Got any snow?

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 02:32 PM
:wavey: Hi Adam! Fine except getting a bit :scared: as weather prediction has changed to 3-6 inches of snow this afternoon/evening.

We are getting the same storm I think. It will leave 3-6 inches tomorrow into evening. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow so other than shoveling it no problems. Unless of course they cancel school..... ;)

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM

Everyone is getting snow apart from me :crying2:

I'm studying in Leeds (North England) at the moment. It's absolutely freezing but we've had no snow as of yet. My car was very iced up this morning and it's cold enough to snow, but it hasn't yet :sad:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM
We are getting the same storm I think. It will leave 3-6 inches tomorrow into evening. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow so other than shoveling it no problems. Unless of course they cancel school..... ;)

Probably so. I hope all the roads are cleared by tomorrow morning, I've got Friday afternoon off and need to get my car serviced and hopefully finish my Christmas shopping.

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Probably so. I hope all the roads are cleared by tomorrow morning, I've got Friday afternoon off and need to get my car serviced and hopefully finish my Christmas shopping.
Oh that's so funny- I have a car appt at 8:30am for service as well :lol:
And at 3:30 pm my 12 year old has an appt to learn how to use the weight room at the club where we belong. He is so little and wants to get strong for swimming. Bless kids-too funny. You are in Cinci- I remember and sorry that we never met up at the tournie. Bizarre circumstances that's all.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Everyone is getting snow apart from me :crying2:

I'm studying in Leeds (North England) at the moment. It's absolutely freezing but we've had no snow as of yet. My car was very iced up this morning and it's cold enough to snow, but it hasn't yet :sad:

The last time it was above freezing here was sometime last week. :eek: 20 degrees Fahrenheit colder than normal for this time of year. I have an attached garage so I never have to scrape the windows. :D The only person I know from Leeds is actually in American studying right now. :lol:

What do you study?

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh that's so funny- I have a car appt at 8:30am for service as well :lol:
And at 3:30 pm my 12 year old has an appt to learn how to use the weight room at the club where we belong. He is so little and wants to get strong for swimming. Bless kids-too funny. You are in Cinci- I remember and sorry that we never met up at the tournie. Bizarre circumstances that's all.

:lol: I should be calling because I think I need an appointment because I got a safety recall notice (nothing major but still should be taken care of) besides the normal maintenance.

I'm sorry it didn't work out as well. I was even late meeting up with NicoFan. :o

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
The last time it was above freezing here was sometime last week. :eek: 20 degrees Fahrenheit colder than normal for this time of year. I have an attached garage so I never have to scrape the windows. :D The only person I know from Leeds is actually in American studying right now. :lol:

What do you study?
What part of America are you from? Can I ask how old you are, just out of interest?

I'm studying Economics, in my final year. I finish in May, and then my quest to rule the world shall begin :p

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm sending in my deposit today for my series tickets for next year (Masters and Women's Open).

Did you enjoy yourself there?

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
What part of America are you from? Can I ask how old you are, just out of interest?

I'm studying Economics, in my final year. I finish in May, and then my quest to rule the world shall begin :p

I live north of Cincinnati, less than 5 miles from where the tournament is held.

:lol: I was an econ major for a little bit.

I'm 26. I lived in London when I was 22-23.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I live north of Cincinnati, less than 5 miles from where the tournament is held.

:lol: I was an econ major for a little bit.

I'm 26. I lived in London when I was 22-23.
I want a TMS in Britain :(

I thought you were older than 26! You're in the middle of most people in here. You've got the 16-21's in me, Jess, Addey, SW and a few others....Then the late 20s in Sue, Marlene, Lee and Mandoura :p

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm sending in my deposit today for my series tickets for next year (Masters and Women's Open).

Did you enjoy yourself there?
I thought it was a very well run tournament. I had gone to be alone actually and have some time to myself but again bizarre things happened. But yes overall I met some great people and had a fun time.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I want a TMS in Britain :(

I thought you were older than 26! You're in the middle of most people in here. You've got the 16-21's in me, Jess, Addey, SW and a few others....Then the late 20s in Sue, Marlene, Lee and Mandoura :p

:haha: Don't say that! You would never say that if you met me. I can pass for 16 on a good day, 18 on a bad one.

Julio is 25. :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:06 PM
:haha: Don't say that! You would never say that if you met me. I can pass for 16 on a good day, 18 on a bad one.

Julio is 25. :D
:lol: like my sister. She's 29 and sometimes gets asked for ID when she goes out and wants to drink.

Who is Julio :scratch:

:secret: I think Sue missed my comment about her being in her late 20s. Either that or she chose to ignore it :o

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:06 PM
I thought it was a very well run tournament. I had gone to be alone actually and have some time to myself but again bizarre things happened. But yes overall I met some great people and had a fun time.

:shrug: I go by myself every year because none of my friends and family are into tennis these days. But I usually see my tennis instructor there about once a day, and the parents of my best friend from hs.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM

:secret: I think Sue missed my comment about her being in her late 20s. Either that or she chose to ignore it :o

She must be oblivious to compliments. :lol:

I haven't seen him post in this thread, but I usually talk to him in the score ones.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:09 PM
She must be oblivious to compliments. :lol:

I haven't seen him post in this thread, but I usually talk to him in the score ones.
I don't think he's been in here. Is he the gambler? French?

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 03:10 PM
:lol: like my sister. She's 29 and sometimes gets asked for ID when she goes out and wants to drink.

:lol: Maybe I am busy WORKING! I an much older than that ;)

Galaxystorm
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM

Let's see how good economist you are gonna become :ras:

Easy question for you . Which is the correct answer ??

A) Petroleum demand is as elastic as the girl who is at Chloe le Bopper's avatar

b) Petroleum demand is as inelastic as Chloe

c) I missed the class at uni when it is taught those terms

D) i'm too much stoned to think right now ...

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I know you turned 30 the other week :hug:

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Sorry, I know you turned 30 the other week :hug:
:lol: I am not happy about nearing the half century mark you!!! Don't rub it in ;)
Galaxystorm- great post!!!

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Let's see how good economist you are gonna become :ras:

Easy question for you . Which is the correct answer ??

A) Petroleum demand is as elastic as the girl who is at Chloe le Bopper's avatar

b) Petroleum demand is as inelastic as Chloe

c) I missed the class at uni when it is taught those terms

D) i'm too much stoned to think right now ...
:banana: I got you in here :banana:

Oooh elasticity, I haven't done that in a while. I would suggest demand for petroleum is inelastic, no matter what the price, the demand isn't really affected. Possibly not quite as inelastic as Chloe though :p

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't think he's been in here. Is he the gambler? French?

Yes, but we usually chat in Spanish cause I don't speak French. :o

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:20 PM
:lol: I am not happy about nearing the half century mark you!!! Don't rub it in ;)
Galaxystorm- great post!!!
:lol: in all seriousness, how many year till the big 50? Is it 3?

Galaxystorm was orderered to come in here. I like his sense of humour, and I need to know more about him :)

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
:secret: My mum will be 50 next September and dad will be 52 on Ferrer's birthday.

Galaxystorm
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
:banana: I got you in here :banana:

Oooh elasticity, I haven't done that in a while. I would suggest demand for petroleum is inelastic, no matter what the price, the demand isn't really affected. Possibly not quite as inelastic as Chloe though :p

I'm glad to see your neurons haven't atrophied by Leed's cold :yeah:

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
:lol: in all seriousness, how many year till the big 50? Is it 3?

Galaxystorm was orderered to come in here. I like his sense of humour, and I need to know more about him :)
In 2 years- just turned 48 :angel: Children tsk tsk :p

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
:secret: My mum will be 50 next September and dad will be 52 on Ferrer's birthday.
:secret: my mum and dad are both older than 50.

mandoura

Not much. :)

adee-gee
I'm glad to see your neurons haven't atrophied by Leed's cold :yeah:
:lol: indeed....

Right, tell me more about you. Name, where you're from, age, what you do etc....

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:27 PM
:lol: indeed....

Right, tell me more about you. Name, where you're from, age, what you do etc....

Seconded! Time to pick galaxystorm's brain.

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes Galaxystorm, please do. You are fascinating.

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
In 2 years- just turned 48 :angel: Children tsk tsk :p

Still, 2 whole years. :hug:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Has he done a runner :fiery:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Still, 2 whole years. :hug:
22 more for you Mandoura :p

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
:scratch: Maybe I scared him off?

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
:scratch: Maybe I scared him off?
:lol: I think he just wants to remain mysterious. Maybe I can tempt him back with some Carla Coria pics, I know he has a similar liking to her that I do :inlove:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:42 PM
22 more for you Mandoura :p

24 silly. :mad: :p :haha:

Lee
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi and Bye everyone :wavey:

Busy day for me! Hopefully there's time to chat tomorrow!

:hug: for Mandoura and Sue!

:kiss: Adam

Lee
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM

And 25 for me then. ;) :haha:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
:sad: Julio isn't online so I can't invite him in here.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Sorry :p

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Who is Julio?

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Lee :kiss: I got everyone's age wrong :smash:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Who is Julio?

The French gambler from the scores thread. Apparently the only person in MTF about my age except Cervantes, the Roger Federer of PAW.

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
The French gambler from the scores thread. Apparently the only person in MTF about my age except Cervantes, the Roger Federer of PAW.
What's your age again? :hug:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi and Bye everyone :wavey:

Busy day for me! Hopefully there's time to chat tomorrow!

:hug: for Mandoura and Sue!

:kiss: Adam

:wavey: Lee.

Good you stopped by. :hug:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Do I not even get a hello anymore :crying2:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Sorry :p

:hug:

Adam, it's just occured to me that accoding to your age theory, you wouldn't even be born. You would be just an unforseen, uuhh, project !!! :eek:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM

:hug: Ileana.

And, sorry, LaTenista too. :hug:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:58 PM

26 as I just told Adam a page or two ago.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 03:59 PM
:hug: Ileana.

And, sorry, LaTenista too. :hug:

:wavey: Hello mandoura

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
My manners are awful. Hello everyone!

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:01 PM
:hug:

Adam, it's just occured to me that accoding to your age theory, you wouldn't even be born. You would be just an unforseen, uuhh, project !!! :eek:
That sounds interesting....Maybe I can relive my life and fulfil my dream of being a professional tennis player/golfer then :D

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Do I not even get a hello anymore :crying2:
Why, helloo there, stranger, where have you been? :angel:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:03 PM
That sounds interesting....Maybe I can relive my life and fulfil my dream of being a professional tennis player/golfer then :D

Me too except scratch that golfer part. :D

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:03 PM
26 as I just told Adam a page or two ago.
Thanks and sorry for asking again :o
Hi everyone :kiss:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:04 PM
My manners are awful. Hello everyone!

Hi Sue :bigwave:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM

Tell you what, stay like you are. Otherwise, who will coach Mostafa to stardom? ;)

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Why, helloo there, stranger, where have you been? :angel:
Thats better :kiss:

I explained the other day. Mainly computer issues. But also a lot of work, plus I was away in Prague for a few days. How have you been?

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Thats better :kiss:

I explained the other day. Mainly computer issues. But also a lot of work, plus I was away in Prague for a few days. How have you been?
I have been just bored, uni and stuff :yawn:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Tell you what, stay like you are. Otherwise, who will coach Mostafa to stardom? ;)
Oooh thats true. :lol: I forgot about Mostafa, he can be mentioned in the thread I just made on GM. Will he be on the ATP tour by next year :p

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Every time I think about not watching live tennis until Hopman Cup I get so depressed. :sad:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I have been just bored, uni and stuff :yawn:
Ah ok. You break up for xmas soon?

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Ah ok. You break up for xmas soon?
Of course, I deserve it, I've been a supergood girl and that darn Santa'd better bring something good :lol:

mandoura
Oooh thats true. :lol: I forgot about Mostafa, he can be mentioned in the thread I just made on GM. Will he be on the ATP tour by next year :p

:haha: No, not just yet coach. He will be playing ITF tourneys starting next January. He will be 14y and 4 months. Is it OK, coach? :)

adee-gee
Every time I think about not watching live tennis until Hopman Cup I get so depressed. :sad:
I know what you mean, its kind of boring. Football (soccer) gets me by though :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Of course, I deserve it, I've been a supergood girl and that darn Santa'd better bring something good :lol:
Oh I'm sure he will. What are you hoping for?

When did you become British by the way, did you marry Doug :p

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Can someone do me a huge favour.....could you resize this picture to make it avatar size? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :kiss:

http://www.fft.fr/news/photos2003/montcourt2401.jpg

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh I'm sure he will. What are you hoping for?

When did you become British by the way, did you marry Doug :p
I have a Romanian soul :inlove:

Sugar Kane
12-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Can someone do me a huge favour.....could you resize this picture to make it avatar size? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :kiss:

http://www.fft.fr/news/photos2003/montcourt2401.jpg
Oh my Santa, who's that little boy, your new crush? :eek:

adee-gee
:haha: No, not just yet coach. He will be playing ITF tourneys starting next January. He will be 14y and 4 months. Is it OK, coach? :)
Hmmm ok, we'll let him build himself up during 2006 and then unleash him onto the tennis world in 2007 or maybe 2008 :)

How's the single handed backhand coming on?

cobalt60
Who are you rooting for?

mandoura

Yes, he'd better Ileana. I'll put in a good word for you. :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh my Santa, who's that little boy, your new crush? :eek:
:haha: he's going to become my new favourite player.

Sugar Kane
Yes, he'd better Ileana. I'll put in a good word for you. :D
Please, I want some snow too :sad: And I don't mean what you may think I do :p

cobalt60
I can't wait until he is on the circuit!!!! :cool:

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:23 PM
:bigwave: everyone. On my lunch break.

Was supposed to be in class today but the instructor was sick...so I came back to the office to get some stuff done...but left all my out-going messages to say I wasn't here. :lol:

And Adam, you better take back that late 20s thing. There is no way in hell I'd go back to that age. :haha:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
:wavey: M, stop slacking :p

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
:awww: can someone do my avy pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :awww:

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
:wavey: M, stop slacking :p:(

I've been very good this week. Yesterday, I completed a data model for a small system replacement and this morning have already created the ER diagram and generated the physical tables with their associated triggers and sequences in the database. So :ras:

cobalt60
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey AQ! On lunch as well but I have a dictation to do. I am tired of talking:lol:

mandoura
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Hmmm ok, we'll let him build himself up during 2006 and then unleash him onto the tennis world in 2007 or maybe 2008 :)

How's the single handed backhand coming on?

Great plan coach.

As for the SHB, not so good Adam. It is a bit better but still a weakness. Sometimes when it is on and he unleashes it, :eek: it is so awesomely powerful and beautiful. His local coach (as opposed to you, the international one of course :worship: ), is not in a hurry. He is promissing him with due practice and patience it will become as powerful as his forehand.

The end of year National Championship has started. He had a very tough 1st round draw in the U16. He was drawn, as usual, against the #1 seed, Egypt's hope in Tennis :lol:. He is 15 but I swear Adam his serves couldn't be seen sometimes, yet Mostafa returned them and he even broke him once. He lost 63 63 and everybody was impressed by his play. His backhand worked like magic that night.

He has a doubles match tonight at 8:30, in almost an hour. I am crossing my fingers so he and his partner get a "playable" draw not a doomed one, specially that they are playing up.

Thank you for asking coach. :)

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Hmmm, let's see if this works.

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey AQ! On lunch as well but I have a dictation to do. I am tired of talking:lol:I would die if I had to talk a lot in my job....especially into a microphone. Bah!

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
:(

I've been very good this week. Yesterday, I completed a data model for a small system replacement and this morning have already created the ER diagram and generated the physical tables with their associated triggers and sequences in the database. So :ras:
hehe ok, I have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about the ER diagram etc so I'll just nod and smile :D

mandoura
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I know what you mean, its kind of boring. Football (soccer) gets me by though :D

Yes, me too.

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
He has a doubles match tonight at 8:30, in almost an hour. I am crossing my fingers so he and his partner get a "playable" draw not a doomed one, specially that they are playing up.*fingers crossed* and *good vibes* sent

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
hehe ok, I have no idea what you're talking about when you talk about the ER diagram etc so I'll just nod and smile :DER Diagram is an Entity-Relationship diagram and visually shows the content (field/column names) of tables and the relationships between them.

mandoura
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
*fingers crossed* and *good vibes* sent

Thank you Marlo. Most needed. Will let you know how it goes. Have to run now. Love you and leave you. :wavey: all.

That sounded a bit robotish, didn't it? Well, Ciao lovely peeps. :)

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM

I played that sport when I was kid for 5 years, no offense but I found it a bit :yawn:. I wish I'd started tennis back then, instead of just last year.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Great plan coach.

As for the SHB, not so good Adam. It is a bit better but still a weakness. Sometimes when it is on and he unleashes it, :eek: it is so awesomely powerful and beautiful. His local coach (as opposed to you, the international one of course :worship: ), is not in a hurry. He is promissing him with due practice and patience it will become as powerful as his forehand.

The end of year National Championship has started. He had a very tough 1st round draw in the U16. He was drawn, as usual, against the #1 seed, Egypt's hope in Tennis :lol:. He is 15 but I swear Adam his serves couldn't be seen sometimes, yet Mostafa returned them and he even broke him once. He lost 63 63 and everybody was impressed by his play. His backhand worked like magic that night.

He has a doubles match tonight at 8:30, in almost an hour. I am crossing my fingers so he and his partner get a "playable" draw not a doomed one, specially that they are playing up.

Thank you for asking coach. :)
Ok we can work on the SHB. It'll come good in the end :)

That's a shame about the draw. What surface is it on? Clay?

Good luck to Mostafa :banana: let us know how he gets on.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
And Adam, you better take back that late 20s thing. There is no way in hell I'd go back to that age. :haha:

Thanks for the warning for those of us who haven't gotten there yet. :ras:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Hmmm, let's see if this works.
Thanks, this computer is being really wierd though, it doesn't seem to want to work :sad: I'll try again later.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I played that sport when I was kid for 5 years, no offense but I found it a bit :yawn:. I wish I'd started tennis back then, instead of just last year.
:smash: all Americans do. They don't appreciate the beautiful game.

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the warning for those of us who haven't gotten there yet. :ras:No real fair warning...they were good...but my 30s were even better. :)

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Who are you rooting for?

Russia and Argentina I think. I'm not very hopeful for the US. I don't think Dent and Raymond have ever met, let alone played together. :haha:

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
:smash: all Americans do. They don't appreciate the beautiful game.It's just different. We're used to 'games' that are more regimented. Take our football, for example, each play is started from a defined lineup and there's very little improvisation. Baseball is the same way. The pitcher starts every play by throwing to home plate. Now basketball has a bit of a free-form to it (especially in social, pickup games) but even college and pro ball has a lot of prescribed offensive plays. They're all just a bit more structured than soccer/football (at least IMHO).

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
:smash: all Americans do. They don't appreciate the beautiful game.

My brother loved it and he was pretty good. ;)

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Russia and Argentina I think. I'm not very hopeful for the US. I don't think Dent and Raymond have ever met, let alone played together. :haha:Lisa is a very accomplished doubles player and with Taylor's SnV style...they might have a decent chance. I'm too lazy to go look...who are some of the other pairs?

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 04:49 PM
GOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAM!!!!!!!

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 04:49 PM
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!!!!I loved that movie!

:wavey: Brian!

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:55 PM
It's just different. We're used to 'games' that are more regimented. Take our football, for example, each play is started from a defined lineup and there's very little improvisation. Baseball is the same way. The pitcher starts every play by throwing to home plate. Now basketball has a bit of a free-form to it (especially in social, pickup games) but even college and pro ball has a lot of prescribed offensive plays. They're all just a bit more structured than soccer/football (at least IMHO).
Your football is more structured than soccer :eek: I must disagree. It's only the lack of exposure to soccer in the US that makes most Americans think like this, give it 5-10 years and children will rather become soccer players than basketball players, mark my words.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
My brother loved it and he was pretty good. ;)
:yeah: I'm playing a 5 a side game in about 20 mins, I'm going to freeze my testicles off :scared:

Phunkadelicious
:yeah: I'm playing a 5 a side game in about 20 mins, I'm going to freeze my testicles off :scared:
Oh can i have them then!? :D

adee-gee
GOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAM!!!!!!!
:hatoff:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Lisa is a very accomplished doubles player and with Taylor's SnV style...they might have a decent chance. I'm too lazy to go look...who are some of the other pairs?

Gaudio/Dulko
Safin/Kutzie
Peter Wessels with Richard's little sis will play China to get the last spot

I can't remember the rest, sorry

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh can i have them then!? :D
They're going to be placed in some sort of museum. You can have my circumcised penis if that happens to drop off :kiss:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Gaudio/Dulko
Safin/Kutzie

I can't remember the rest, sorry
Djokovic/Ivanovic (I'll get that in before Jess gets upset)

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 04:58 PM
They're going to be placed in some sort of museum. You can have my circumcised penis if that happens to drop off :kiss:
OK! :D

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Jess won't be on until later this afternoon, she is driving home to New Joirsey

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Your football is more structured than soccer :eek: I must disagree. How can you say that? How big is a pro team's playbook? They fill three-ring binders here and have cheatsheets covered in tiny print to articulate all the various set plays (on offense) and schemes (on defense). I'd agree that there are some set plays in soccer (particular from corner kicks) but it's nowhere near what goes on an American football field. Even at small colleges they have offensive and defensive coordinators and separate coaches for the offensive lines, backs and wideouts. It's almost too much...

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Gaudio/Dulko
Safin/Kutzie

I can't remember the rest, sorryIf Safin is anywhere ready to go, they'll be a tough team to beat. Sveta is an outstanding doubles player...and not too shabby in singles either.

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 05:02 PM
but American Football is boring, and football players are all fat oafs. Soccer is exciting and thrilling and soccerplayers are SEXAY :D

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:04 PM
but American Football is boring, and football players are all fat oafs. Soccer is exciting and thrilling and soccerplayers are SEXAY :D:lol:

While I don't think it's boring...I would agree that the majority of them are oafs (we were discussing which was more 'structured'). As for the sexy part, I'll give it to the soccer players, hands down, every time. They're normal sized...and have :hatoff: legs. And as I'm a leggs-laddy...:drool:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
:yawn: I have never understood American football despite being forced to play once in college.

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:07 PM
:yawn: I have never understood American football despite being forced to play once in college.It's too complicated and I've never understood the premise of the game nor the shape of the ball. Balls are supposed to be round, dammit.

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
If Safin is anywhere ready to go, they'll be a tough team to beat. Sveta is an outstanding doubles player...and not too shabby in singles either.

I agree. But I'm still a bit :( about the organizers not inviting Spain supposedly just because Rafa had already committed to Chennai.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
How can you say that? How big is a pro team's playbook? They fill three-ring binders here and have cheatsheets covered in tiny print to articulate all the various set plays (on offense) and schemes (on defense). I'd agree that there are some set plays in soccer (particular from corner kicks) but it's nowhere near what goes on an American football field. Even at small colleges they have offensive and defensive coordinators and separate coaches for the offensive lines, backs and wideouts. It's almost too much...
Playbooks :rolleyes: there is so much preparation that goes into soccer matches. Tactics, team selection, the way the team plays etc. American football they just have a guy that can throw the ball, and a couple of guys that can catch it. Then after 1 throw, a 5 minute commercial break. Then another throw and another 5 minute commercial break :zzz:

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
have any of you guys seen the show Footballer's Wives?

adee-gee
but American Football is boring, and football players are all fat oafs. Soccer is exciting and thrilling and soccerplayers are SEXAY :D
Brian, although the reasoning is slightly flawed it still merits a :worship:

Phunkadelicious
Playbooks :rolleyes: there is so much preparation that goes into soccer matches. Tactics, team selection, the way the team plays etc. American football they just have a guy that can throw the ball, and a couple of guys that can catch it. Then after 1 throw, a 5 minute commercial break. Then another throw and another 5 minute commercial break :zzz:
EXACTAMUNDO!

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 05:11 PM
have any of you guys seen the show Footballer's Wives?
:haha: how the hell do you know about that show? Surely it hasn't made it onto tv in America.

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
:haha: how the hell do you know about that show? Surely it hasn't made it onto tv in America.
BBC America baby :yeah: I have a sattelite dish, and i get all sorts of channels. EXECPT for the Tennis Channel OF COURSE :mad:

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 05:13 PM

On BBCAmerica. I haven't watched it yet. But I'm starting to like Mile High now. :o

LaTenista
12-08-2005, 05:14 PM
BBC America baby :yeah: I have a sattelite dish, and i get all sorts of channels. EXECPT for the Tennis Channel OF COURSE :mad:

I have digital cable and TTC is on a digital sports tier. :D

Betty
ciao guys :kiss:

adee-gee
BBC America :eek: I didn't know there was such a thing.

Chardonnay is hot by the way :drool:

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 05:15 PM
You don't happen to get a show called Spooks then do you?

LaTenista
BBC America :eek: I didn't know there was such a thing.

Chardonnay is hot by the way :drool:

Been around for years, at least since 1999, that's when I first discovered it.

acoffeygirl
Damn satellite. I need to call again to harass them about getting it!

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Playbooks :rolleyes: there is so much preparation that goes into soccer matches. Tactics, team selection, the way the team plays etc. American football they just have a guy that can throw the ball, and a couple of guys that can catch it. Then after 1 throw, a 5 minute commercial break. Then another throw and another 5 minute commercial break :zzz:No, no, no. It is NOT all about passing. To truly be successful, you've got to have a multi-faceted offense which includes a robust running game. And I do hate so-called 'clock-management'. I much prefer soccer's...the clock just keeps running. But really, Adam, there's a lot more to American football than 'following the ball'...and I suppose that is the same for soccer. All team sports require an inordinate amount of advance preparation and coaching...simply because you've got a TEAM.

Maybe it's one of the reasons I really like tennis. If you want to go it alone, you can, in singles. If you want a partner, play doubles. If you want to be on a team, play for a team (although you're still limited to singles/doubles unless you're playing World Team...which is a total blast!).

Phunkadelicious
I have digital cable and TTC is on a digital sports tier. :D
:ras: i keep telling my sattelite provider to get the damn channel but they don't take suggestions cuz they are ASSHOLES :mad:

LaTenista

:scratch: Did it have Emilia Fox in it?

Phunkadelicious
12-08-2005, 05:17 PM
nope i sure don't. however I do get Prime Suspect :D

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Been around for years, at least since 1999, that's when I first discovered it.
Oooh ok. I've never properly watched Mile High btw.

It's quite strange, because a lot of these shows aren't even on BBC over here, they're on various other channels.

Angle Queen
12-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I have digital cable and TTC is on a digital sports tier. :D:ras:

Digital costs an arm and two legs around here. Our basic package is US$45/month. Digital is an addition US$17 and the TTC package tacks on another US$5. We just can't see paying ~US$70/month to watch the ole boob tube.

adee-gee
12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
No, no, no. It is NOT all about passing. To truly be successful, you've got to have a multi-faceted offense which includes a robust running game. And I do hate so-called 'clock-management'. I much prefer soccer's...the clock just keeps running. But really, Adam, there's a lot more to American football than 'following the ball'...and I suppose that is the same for soccer. All team sports require an inordinate amount of advance preparation and coaching...simply because you've got a TEAM.

Maybe it's one of the reason I really like tennis. If you want to go it alone, you can, in singles. If you want a partner, play doubles. If you want to be on a team, play for a team (although you still limited to singles/doubles unless you're playing World Team...which is a total blast!).
We'll have to agree to disagree. I simply don't see much to American football. Speaking of football, I need to go in a minute.

:wavey: all