Adam's Chat Thread #4 [Archive] - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

Adam's Chat Thread #4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Basically the following events have taken place.....

1) The internet in my house decided to stop working, and although its now been fixed...
2) My laptop decided to die, I have no idea whats wrong with it but I haven't had time to get it sorted yet, and will prob wait till I go back to London in 10 days time for the Xmas holidays to sort it out.
3) I had a friends stag do in Prague (he's a bit older than me, 23) which was absolutely awesome, I just got back this morning.
4) I've met the most amazing girl so she's been taking up quite a lot of time :p
5) I've had a shitload of work to do which is important so I've been working my arse off (yes, its about time :D )

So I might not be around that much in the next week or so but when I get back to London and sort my laptop out and stuff I'll be back on more. I hope you've not been missing me too much, apologies if you were worried about me, I'm doing good :angel:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Sue :hug: I was just about to email you back but I won't bother now
Betty :kiss: how are you?
Jess :smooch: don't you have tennis today?

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM

1) The internet in my house decided to stop working, and although its now been fixed...
2) My laptop decided to die, I have no idea whats wrong with it but I haven't had time to get it sorted yet, and will prob wait till I go back to London in 10 days time for the Xmas holidays to sort it out.
3) I had a friends stag do in Prague (he's a bit older than me, 23) which was absolutely awesome, I just got back this morning.
4) I've met the most amazing girl so she's been taking up quite a lot of time :p
5) I've had a shitload of work to do which is important so I've been working my arse off (yes, its about time :D )

So I might not be around that much in the next week or so but when I get back to London and sort my laptop out and stuff I'll be back on more. I hope you've not been missing me too much, apologies if you were worried about me, I'm doing good :angel:

Yay! :D Some of our guesses were somewhat right then. That sucks about the computer issues though :(

acoffeygirl
12-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Welcome back Adam! I have to ask...can you explain #3? Not sure that that is....but I absolutely love Prague!! :hearts:

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Sue :hug: I was just about to email you back but I won't bother now
Betty :kiss: how are you?
Jess :smooch: don't you have tennis today?

I leave in about 30 minutes... :lol:

Guess what?!

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Welcome back Adam! I have to ask...can you explain #3? Not sure that that is....but I absolutely love Prague!! :hearts:

bachelors party, I believe...

Betty
12-05-2005, 04:16 PM
fine thk..so a girl :aplot: :p that is a good reason :yeah:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Yay! :D Some of our guesses were somewhat right then. That sucks about the computer issues though :(
I know :( I could go and get it fixed but my brothers best friend in London says he'll have a look at it, coz it might not be worth getting fixed I might just get a new one, its causing me too many problems :fiery:

Phunkadelicious
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
OK all I am off to class. Adam if you are not here when I get back, which will really suck, then have a nice night ok? :kiss: glad you are back, if only fleetingle :hug:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh er...I don't know what they call it in America, when someone is about to get married, and you have a stag night/weekend. And the women have a hen night. The lads usually get drunk and hire a stripper in Britain :o

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I know :( I could go and get it fixed but my brothers best friend in London says he'll have a look at it, coz it might not be worth getting fixed I might just get a new one, its causing me too many problems :fiery:

:sad: I've had that happen to me before. I think there's something about the Internet at this University that ruins computers... my first year I had a lot of computer problems and then the second year my computer completely died in the middle of my writing a 20 page paper... so then I got a laptop, the laptop died last year, and so far this laptop is holding up okay... but yeah... it sucks to have issues.

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
I leave in about 30 minutes... :lol:

Guess what?!
Go on.......

acoffeygirl
12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh er...I don't know what they call it in America, when someone is about to get married, and you have a stag night/weekend. And the women have a hen night. The lads usually get drunk and hire a stripper in Britain :o
Ahhh Bachelor's party! That is what I figured, just wanted to make sure!

adee-gee
fine thk..so a girl :aplot: :p that is a good reason :yeah:
:lol: indeed

savesthedizzle
Go on.......

I'm going to be in London in May... so if you are around and feel like meeting me, lol... you can. :lol:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
OK all I am off to class. Adam if you are not here when I get back, which will really suck, then have a nice night ok? :kiss: glad you are back, if only fleetingle :hug:
I need to head out in a bit, I shall try make it on more frequently I'm on my housemates comp at the moment. Thanks for the good rep :hug: I'll rep you back when I can, I need to spread my love. I've managed to get 2 bad reps in the last few days without even being on here :scratch:

sol
12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
:hatoff: Sol, I was just catching up on this thread, a lot of people have been worried about me :sad: I suppose I should explain my absence.

Thanks for the explanation ;) I hope everything is fixed soon. :hug:

Take your time, enjoy your real life around there and don’t forget to try to post here when you get a chance. :)

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
:sad: I've had that happen to me before. I think there's something about the Internet at this University that ruins computers... my first year I had a lot of computer problems and then the second year my computer completely died in the middle of my writing a 20 page paper... so then I got a laptop, the laptop died last year, and so far this laptop is holding up okay... but yeah... it sucks to have issues.
:lol: aaaaw, mine has been ok until the last few months. I think it might have been overused :o I'm thinking I might just get a new one.

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Ahhh Bachelor's party! That is what I figured, just wanted to make sure!
I guess :shrug: :D

It's the first one I've ever been to, holy crap it was good. I'm not looking forward to mine though :scared:

savesthedizzle
omg, I just had a frightening experience of being stuck in my desk... :lol:

cobalt60
I am off now. Glad you are back and sounds like you had a great time! Be well!

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Bye Sue :wavey:

MissFairy
Adam! you're back (: I'm glad you've been having fun :hug:

adee-gee
I'm going to be in London in May... so if you are around and feel like meeting me, lol... you can. :lol:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Seriously? How come? Early May or late May and for how long?

acoffeygirl
I guess :shrug: :D

It's the first one I've ever been to, holy crap it was good. I'm not looking forward to mine though :scared:
If you are scared....I'm not sure I want to know what took place! :lol: But hey, like I said...Prague :hearts:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the explanation ;) I hope everything is fixed soon. :hug:

Take your time, enjoy your real life around there and don’t forget to try to post here when you get a chance. :)
I'll try, I can't resist posting on here, I've missed it!

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Adam! you're back (: I'm glad you've been having fun :hug:
Sarah :wavey: tell me its not true, I hear Chico was voted out on Saturday :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Seriously? How come? Early May or late May and for how long?

Late May. My school is offering a graduation trip through Europe, so I'm going on it.. lol. It starts in London, I think I'm there for 2-3 days, then we go to Paris. I know I will be in Paris on the 28th because I am getting tickets for the French Open on that day :lol:, then we go to Rome and Athens and then I hope, if I can find a decent flight, to come back to London again for a few days and go to the Queens qualifying. So I think I'm in London May 24-26 or so and then I should be there again June 9-11 (I hope).

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
If you are scared....I'm not sure I want to know what took place! :lol: But hey, like I said...Prague :hearts:
Prague was amazing, one of the nicest places I've been to. You probably don't want to know what happened :lol: it was crazy but awesome at the same time.

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Sarah :wavey: tell me its not true, I hear Chico was voted out on Saturday :bigcry:
Uh oh. Um...it's not true? Does that help? :p Andy was in the bottom two with him! :eek: I didn't really see much of it because i went out on Saturday night, but apparently Andy wasn't good ): (shayne stayed :p)

Jess, wow! That sounds so cool! (:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Late May. My school is offering a graduation trip through Europe, so I'm going on it.. lol. It starts in London, I think I'm there for 2-3 days, then we go to Paris. I know I will be in Paris on the 28th because I am getting tickets for the French Open on that day :lol:, then we go to Rome and Athens and then I hope, if I can find a decent flight, to come back to London again for a few days and go to the Queens qualifying. So I think I'm in London May 24-26 or so and then I should be there again June 9-11 (I hope).
:D :D :D

I dunno if I'll still be in Leeds in late May, I might be done by then with a bit of luck. But I'll definitely be back by the 9th June. I wanna go on your trip, Paris and Rome :hearts:

adee-gee
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Uh oh. Um...it's not true? Does that help? :p Andy was in the bottom two with him! :eek: I didn't really see much of it because i went out on Saturday night, but apparently Andy wasn't good ): (shayne stayed :p)

:sad: :sad: :sad: my good mood has been ruined. I've got it on sky + so I'll watch it a bit later.

savesthedizzle

Hey!! If you want to meet up, we should hang out too! Me and you together would be all sorts of fun that cannot even be imagined...

adee-gee
People I've gotta go out, it was good talking to you all though :kiss:

Talk to you soon :wavey:

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: my good mood has been ruined. I've got it on sky + so I'll watch it a bit later.
Oh ): Um...how can i cheer you up? When i heard he went out, i thought of you...see? Goodness d:

savesthedizzle
12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
:D :D :D

I dunno if I'll still be in Leeds in late May, I might be done by then with a bit of luck. But I'll definitely be back by the 9th June. I wanna go on your trip, Paris and Rome :hearts:

I'm so excited!!! :D

I just had the revelation about Queens yesterday. I thought about staying for Wimbledon qualifying but that starts the 13th, and I would easily be able to save up and finance staying, but I would honestly have nothing to do in London for that long, so I decided against that.

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey!! If you want to meet up, we should hang out too! Me and you together would be all sorts of fun that cannot even be imagined...
Ohmygosh yes! (: And i can show you all the English tv you would just love! I might have exams then though :sad: But other than that, we should! :banana:

savesthedizzle
People I've gotta go out, it was good talking to you all though :kiss:

Talk to you soon :wavey:

Bye!! I have to go too! Tennis awaits!

savesthedizzle
Ohmygosh yes! (: And i can show you all the English tv you would just love! I might have exams then though :sad: But other than that, we should! :banana:

Yayyyyy we'll discuss this further closer to the time :D

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Yayyyyy we'll discuss this further closer to the time :D
Definitely (:

Byeee! Have fun at tennis! Bye Adam!

sol
12-05-2005, 04:41 PM
I'll try, I can't resist posting on here, I've missed it!

I can understand you. I wanted to leave by the way but almost died in the attempt. I gave up. :p

You have won the heart of MTF’s people. :)

silverwhite
12-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Adam's back? :eek:

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
SW! Yup! He's been globetrotting (of some sorts ;)) and flirting etc lol. But he's come back (:

silverwhite
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM

Prague :hearts:

I was there 3 years ago! :D

silverwhite
12-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Sarah :bigwave:

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Hey (: how are you? :hug:

silverwhite
12-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Good! I must go to bed soon though! :p

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
:lol: What time is it there? (get some sleep lol)

silverwhite
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
2.37 am :lol:

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
:lol: Bed, now :p Aren't your eyes feeling droopy lol

mandoura
12-05-2005, 05:52 PM
:bigwave: Sarah & SW. How are you guys?

mandoura
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Welcome back Adam. :hug:

As long as you were having fun, the worries you gave us are forgiven. No apologies necessary. :D

So, the girl is still around :aplot: ? ;)

MissFairy
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Hiya Mandoura :hug: How are you, sweetie? I think maybe SW has gone to bed finally :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
12-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Hahaha. Classic.
The lost son is back:D

mandoura
12-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes, I guess so.

I am fine Sarah. Monday is baking day for me. :) That's why I was away for a while, getting the trays out of the oven. I'll wiat until they cool to store them and then off for a shower.

How are Missy? Looking forward to x-mas? Anything special planned? :)

acoffeygirl
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Prague :hearts:

I was there 3 years ago! :D
It has been almost 11 years since I was there....and I so want to go back!

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM

So I might not be around that much in the next week or so but when I get back to London and sort my laptop out and stuff I'll be back on more. I hope you've not been missing me too much, apologies if you were worried about me, I'm doing good :angel:Whew! At least there's a good explanation. I was worried it had something to do with your account here (I remember you having trouble with PayPal).

:yeah: with the girl. Real life relationships are far more important. We'll still be here (although I haven't been around much myself). This is actually our busy time of the year.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
lol

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey Adam, your pal prima's at it again.

Check it out.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2779444&postcount=202

:rolleyes:

Phunkadelicious
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey AQ, if you go into his reply to the 7 Thing I'd Like to Do thread in Non-Tennis, you'll see one of the things he'd like to do is have 2 daughters :scared: little feminists i am SURE they will become.

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey AQ, if you go into his reply to the 7 Thing I'd Like to Do thread in Non-Tennis, you'll see one of the things he'd like to do is have 2 daughters :scared: little feminists i am SURE they will become.I saw that. God help them.

I mean, RDucky/Jerry Seinfield/Mike Jones, says such stuff...but he always includes some sort of 'I'll get bashed for this' or a :tape: . I doubt he's kidding...but at least it's never directed at someone in particular...or for no apparent reason (it's usually a discussion on men vs. women...not whether a player will get banned or not... :rolleyes: ). I actually reported the post. Think that's only the 2nd or 3rd time I've done it in a year. It's not 'racist' but it's age and gender bashing...and I don't think that has a place in GM.

cobalt60
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Maybe it is all about attention and shock value. I don't think he really believes everything he posts.

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Maybe it is all about attention and shock value. I don't think he really believes everything he posts.Probably...but I sure hate to see that stuff in print. I mean, come on, it IS the 21st Century. We've got much better things to slam each other for...like...my hair is longer than yours! :p

Phunkadelicious
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Probably...but I sure hate to see that stuff in print. I mean, come on, it IS the 21st Century. We've got much better things to slam each other for...like...my hair is longer than yours! :p
my posts are shorter and more to the point than yours :ras:

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
my posts are shorter and more to the point than yours :ras:Oh yeah? Who says?

Phunkadelicious
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah? Who says?
Me!

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
OK, you got me. I do tend to write long epistles. :lol:

But my programming code...is tight, baby, tight!

cobalt60
12-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Probably...but I sure hate to see that stuff in print. I mean, come on, it IS the 21st Century. We've got much better things to slam each other for...like...my hair is longer than yours! :p
Yes you are right. In every way :p
Who knows what motivates people. After everything I have dealt with over the years- I still don't always get it.

Lee
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Yes you are right. In every way :p
Who knows what motivates people. After everything I have dealt with over the years- I still don't always get it.

I should study to be a pyschiatrist. PD said he comes from family of lawyers, may be he's such a failure in his family that he seeks out attention on cyber space.

That, of course, is my speculation ;) with no clinical study cases to support :lol:

Phunkadelicious
12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
can somebody bad rep me please? i like red

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 07:14 PM
can somebody bad rep me please? i like redNo. I've yet to give one of those out. Either it's bad enough to report, stupid enough to ignore...or good enough to green rep. ;)

cobalt60
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I should study to be a pyschiatrist. PD said he comes from family of lawyers, may be he's such a failure in his family that he seeks out attention on cyber space.

That, of course, is my speculation ;) with no clinical study cases to support :lol:
He is in law school as well. He seems like an intelligent guy. But again I don't understand the motivation here.

Lee
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
He is in law school as well. He seems like an intelligent guy. But again I don't understand the motivation here.

He's 27 and still in law school? I know, law school takes long but Deb will graduate before she's 27, right?

cobalt60
12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
He's 27 and still in law school? I know, law school takes long but Deb will graduate before she's 27, right?
Ha I did not know that he was 27. He must have taken time off somewhere.

Angle Queen
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Not all law students continue on directly from undergrad school. Many are 'returnees'.

Gosh, I'd hate to be his client. He'd probably just go on and on about his Prada-wear in between charging you and arm-n-a-leg for blah legal advice. Gag.

Phunkadelicious
12-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Not all law students continue on directly from undergrad school. Many are 'returnees'.

Gosh, I'd hate to be his client. He'd probably just go on and on about his Prada-wear in between charging you and arm-n-a-leg for blah legal advice. Gag.
wait! i just now got it! Primyskinadonnalova is in law school? oh GAWD.

Lee
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM

:lol:

I actually pity him get stuck in this top-of-the-line-brand name mode.

I remembered I was working in a customer's office and this woman who I known for 2 days asked if my watch was a Gucci and I was like, WTF :rolleyes: but unfortunately, could not say it out loud.

I myself love brand name too but more because of the quality than the fashion.

mandoura
12-07-2005, 12:11 AM

I think he is very intelligent. To tell you the truth, I like his posts a lot. Very defiant.

His reply to Rosie is way out of line, though. I would go as far as saying it was plain rude and wicked.

He reminds me of myself when I was his age. I was fiesty, arrogant, rude, disrespectful, you name it, a real b****. I changed after I had my kids. I am becoming the complete opposite of what I was. Sometimes I think people see me as a fake, a too-good-to-be-true, but, now, I honnestly find it really hard to dislike anyone or hurt anyone. I think I am redeeming myself as a way to make up for my earlier mistakes. :D

mandoura
12-07-2005, 12:15 AM
:lol:

I actually pity him get stuck in this top-of-the-line-brand name mode.

I remembered I was working in a customer's office and this woman who I known for 2 days asked if my watch was a Gucci and I was like, WTF :rolleyes: but unfortunately, could not say it out loud.

I myself love brand name too but more because of the quality than the fashion.

Me too. My father always says: Expensive is cheap.

Most of my clothes are "signé" for the cut, the fit, the quality, the feel, the comfort. One thing though, I hate it when the brand name is too obvious. I try to buy things with the least noticeable logo.

cobalt60
12-07-2005, 12:15 AM
I think he is very intelligent. To tell you the truth, I like his posts a lot. Very defiant.

His reply to Rosie is way out of line, though. I would go as far as saying it was plain rude and wicked.

He reminds me of myself when I was his age. I was fiesty, arrogant, rude, disrespectful, you name it, a real b****. I changed after I had my kids. I am becoming the complete opposite of what I was. Sometimes I think people see me as a fake, a too-good-to-be-true, but, now, I honnestly find it really hard to dislike anyone or hurt anyone. I think I am redeeming myself as a way to make up for my earlier mistakes. :D
:hug: I like him too. I really think that he just likes to challenge although I agree he shouldn't attack another person. Steve and Nate say hello! Plus I went to your cooking site- neat. Has it really been since 1998 since you updated?

mandoura
12-07-2005, 12:20 AM
:hug: I like him too. I really think that he just likes to challenge although I agree he shouldn't attack another person. Steve and Nate say hello! Plus I went to your cooking site- neat. Has it really been since 1998 since you updated?

:o Yes.

:bigwave: Steve, Nate and Sam (when he comes around).

Now, I am not letting you off the hook, traitor :devil: . And Lee, and Marlo, and Mrs. B. I didn't want to do the 15 random things but now I will do it because of you all. It is so contagious and a great read too. :D

cobalt60
12-07-2005, 12:37 AM
:lol: ok ok I have been called worse. I like the idea that you put together that website with a long time friend. Very special. Boys are reading in bed and Steve is up there with them. I just did laundry and made lunches. The usual stuff.

mandoura
12-07-2005, 12:52 AM
:lol: ok ok I have been called worse. I like the idea that you put together that website with a long time friend. Very special. Boys are reading in bed and Steve is up there with them. I just did laundry and made lunches. The usual stuff.

She did not lift a finger, did not type a word, did not make one suggestion. All she did was post in the guestbook complaining about the "under construction" links. :haha:

She is not just my best friend, if I had a sister I would never love or cherish her like Nino. We are sisters by choice not by birth as they say. She is a great girl.

BTW, what is your favorite task of housework? :)

cobalt60
12-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Some friend- she must be special indeed. Hmmm housework? I don't think I like any of it but I love a clean house so I gotta do what I gotta do. Fortunately everyone in the house is pretty clean and I have the boys helping me out with some chores.
I do like to cook but not as much as I use to. I really like going out to eat :lol:

mandoura
12-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I love everything except making the beds. I hate it. :mad: You see, I am a perfectionist and I keep going from side to side for a perfect fit. :)

I love anything involving water: dishes, doing the bathrooms, laundry, ... etc. :)

I will retire now Sue. I'll work on my random things tomorrow. See you sis. :hug:

cobalt60
12-07-2005, 01:14 AM
I am off to bed soon too. Long day tommorrow. Wed is always the worst day of the week for me workwise. See ya!

Lee
12-07-2005, 05:34 AM
So where is the link to mandoura's site?

its.like.that
12-07-2005, 12:12 PM
cheerio everyone :bigwave:

mandou, lee, sue, aq, adam

:hug:'s to all of you. :)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
12-07-2005, 12:38 PM
:yawn:

:wavey:
Tennis today:D

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 12:51 PM
:eek: Mando has a web site? Where, where!!!

:wavey: Jim...and any others who wander in today.

Mrs. B
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
:o Yes.

:bigwave: Steve, Nate and Sam (when he comes around).

Now, I am not letting you off the hook, traitor :devil: . And Lee, and Marlo, and Mrs. B. I didn't want to do the 15 random things but now I will do it because of you all. It is so contagious and a great read too. :D

you have a website? Mando, full of surprises! do PM me the link, i might learn a dish or two and use hubby as my guinea pig! :devil:

looking forward to read your random things. i like that thread, it's a nice way to know the other mtf'ers a little bit better. :cool:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
:wavey:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
:banana:

Hi!! :wavey:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm so excited!!! :D

I just had the revelation about Queens yesterday. I thought about staying for Wimbledon qualifying but that starts the 13th, and I would easily be able to save up and finance staying, but I would honestly have nothing to do in London for that long, so I decided against that.
I'll happily keep you entertained :p

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:32 PM
:banana:

Hi!! :wavey:
:smooch: I'm just catching up a few pages. I've got some good news and some bad news for you in a minute.....Is the trip to London definite by the way?

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
:smooch: I'm just catching up a few pages. I've got some good news and some bad news for you in a minute.....Is the trip to London definite by the way?

Oh goodness.. should I be frightened? :lol:

The first part in London is definite.. the May part. The second part isn't definite (the June 9-11 going to Queens part).

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh goodness.. should I be frightened? :lol:

The first part in London is definite.. the May part. The second part isn't definite (the June 9-11 going to Queens part).
The good news is that I'll be finished about mid-May so I'll be in London when you're here. The bad news is that the footy season will have ended so I can't fulfil my ambition of taking you to a Tottenham game :(

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
The good news is that I'll be finished about mid-May so I'll be in London when you're here.

Yay! :dance:

The bad news is that the footy season will have ended so I can't fulfil my ambition of taking you to a Tottenham game :(

Boo. :sad:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh god we seriously need a thread title change don't we.....

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Oh god we seriously need a thread title change don't we.....

Haha, probably. Unless you still want to plug your blog entry. :p

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm getting my *** kicked left, right and centre on GameSpy TopSpin. :help:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Awww yay! Finally I make it into the title of this thread! What an honor, and what a nice title too :D

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Haha, probably. Unless you still want to plug your blog entry. :p
Nah I'll plug you instead :smooch:

adee-gee
SW :wavey: long time no speak

savesthedizzle
I'm getting my *** kicked left, right and centre on GameSpy TopSpin. :help:

:hug: That's unfortunate.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Nah I'll plug you instead :smooch:

:smooch: Thanks! I like it :D

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Awww yay! Finally I make it into the title of this thread! What an honor, and what a nice title too :D
Good :D

So, what have I missed? Anything exciting been happening with you?

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Jess :hug:
Adam :wavey:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Well, I go home tomorrow for winter break, so I'm excitied about that :D I just need to write an article today and a paper when I'm home and then I'll be done with school until January :woohoo:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 04:49 PM

You haven't heard about THE wedding? :rolls:

LaTenista

:wavey: Congrats Jess! Enjoy your time and ride the Bakerloo (brown) line for me - I lived in W9 a few years ago.

May I also recommend seeing a West End show?

savesthedizzle

:secret: Shush! Why'd you have to tell HIM about the wedding!! :crying2:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, I go home tomorrow for winter break, so I'm excitied about that :D I just need to write an article today and a paper when I'm home and then I'll be done with school until January :woohoo:
I don't finish for another week :( I've had so much work on recently its been killing me.

Hows the weather, you had any snow yet? It's freezing here but still no snow :sad:

Have you seen Deal or No Deal yet?

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
:secret: Shush! Why'd you have to tell HIM about the wedding!! :crying2:

It's a public board. I thought he would have found out by now. ;)

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
What wedding :fiery:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
:wavey: Congrats Jess! Enjoy your time and ride the Bakerloo (brown) line for me - I lived in W9 a few years ago.

May I also recommend seeing a West End show?

Haha thanks. I lived in W2 last year.. :lol: I will certainly ride the Bakerloo line for you and the Hammersmith & City line for myself.. :p

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:53 PM
It's a public board. I thought he would have found out by now. ;)
You've lost me....Point me in the right direction....

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't finish for another week :( I've had so much work on recently its been killing me.

Hows the weather, you had any snow yet? It's freezing here but still no snow :sad:

Have you seen Deal or No Deal yet?

:hug: Well, it'll all be over soon and you can relax :D

SO MUCH SNOW. I hate it. It's snowing right now. It snows every day. :lol:

And I haven't seen the show yet, I don't think it's started.... I will watch it when it does, I promise :D

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:55 PM
What wedding :fiery:

During your absence... Brian and I decided to have a MTF marriage of convenience. We are not in love. He is still gay. We plan to cheat on each other frequently, but we have planned a wedding.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
:hug: Well, it'll all be over soon and you can relax :D

SO MUCH SNOW. I hate it. It's snowing right now. It snows every day. :lol:

And I haven't seen the show yet, I don't think it's started.... I will watch it when it does, I promise :D
Indeed :D

Send some snow over to here, we haven't had any yet :(

It's very good. We've also got a new show starting tonight called Space Cadets. It's kind of a reality show, and they've got a group of people and they have been training them the last few months and telling them they are going into space. Actually they're faking the whole thing and they're basically just in a simulator, apparently "the biggest hoax in television history" it should be pretty funny.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
During your absence... Brian and I decided to have a MTF marriage of convenience. We are not in love. He is still gay. We plan to cheat on each other frequently, but we have planned a wedding.
Oh that's ok, I approve. Brian is a fine man.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Indeed :D

Send some snow over to here, we haven't had any yet :(

It's very good. We've also got a new show starting tonight called Space Cadets. It's kind of a reality show, and they've got a group of people and they have been training them the last few months and telling them they are going into space. Actually they're faking the whole thing and they're basically just in a simulator, apparently "the biggest hoax in television history" it should be pretty funny.

I will gladly send some over. I'll take a picture of the view out my bedroom window right now actually.. lol... I didn't realize it was snowing quite this hard.

That sounds pretty funny... :lol:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM

Yay!

There have been several bumps in the road lately.

I *may* also be MTF engaged to GWH. I'm not entirely sure... and Sol Apollo seems to object as well. :shrug:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Haha thanks. I lived in W2 last year.. :lol: I will certainly ride the Bakerloo line for you and the Hammersmith & City line for myself.. :p

I frequented every line except Docklands Light Rail - never found an excuse to go there :lol:. I last went over in Sep 2004, didn't ride Bakerloo then cause I only spent 2 days in London staying at a friend's flat in South Wimbledon in favor of visiting regional theatres. :o Even more :o , still haven't been even to see the Wimbledon grounds and I was so close.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Yay!

There have been several bumps in the road lately.

I *may* also be MTF engaged to GWH. I'm not entirely sure... and Sol Apollo seems to object as well. :shrug:
GWH *surprised* I wouldn't have thought he's your kind of man.

What about prima donna, that boy needs some love in his life.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
I frequented every line except Docklands Light Rail - never found an excuse to go there :lol:. I last went over in Sep 2004, didn't ride Bakerloo then cause I only spent 2 days in London staying at a friend's flat in South Wimbledon in favor of visiting regional theatres. :o Even more :o , still haven't been even to see the Wimbledon grounds and I was so close.

Ahh.. I took the tour of Wimbledon :D One of the highlights of my trip! I went back a second time right before I left, just to visit the gift shop because I decided I wanted a Wimbledon umbrella... :lol:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:05 PM

:scratch: What about Chloe?

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
GWH *surprised* I wouldn't have thought he's your kind of man.

Any man who constantly tells me I'm sexy is my type. :shrug:

prima donna is pretty well taken care of by Chloe.. :p

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
:scratch: What about Chloe?
:lol: she's not giving him the loving he needs.

Did you enjoy your brief stay in London by the way? You didn't miss too much with the Wimbledon grounds, they're not very exciting.

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM

Heehee...

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
You can have as much of this as you'd like Adam. :p

adee-gee
Any man who constantly tells me I'm sexy is my type. :shrug:

prima donna is pretty well taken care of by Chloe.. :p
I've missed out on so much :crying2:

savesthedizzle

It was happening when you were still here... you just never come in the Novak forum anymore! ;)

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
You can have as much of this as you'd like Adam. :p
Oh my god :inlove:

What I would give to have that in Leeds/London :sad:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh my god :inlove:

What I would give to have that in Leeds/London :sad:

The best part of London for me was escaping this for a year, :lol:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Ahh.. I took the tour of Wimbledon :D One of the highlights of my trip! I went back a second time right before I left, just to visit the gift shop because I decided I wanted a Wimbledon umbrella... :lol:

How much does the tour cost? Isn't it amazing how much rain is portrayed as the rule in England, when in reality it rains more in NYC than London and it's more of a mist anyway. :lol: Only two times I broke umbrellas was in New York and at the Cincy tournament this year. Their weather is so much milder than here - I didn't mind not seeing snow for 16 months!

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Tell us about your new-found love. :D

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
It was happening when you were still here... you just never come in the Novak forum anymore! ;)
Ooh ok. Where's Brian, how's he doing?

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Snow :sobbing:

I swear to do all I can to get to France next year so I can experience it. :fiery:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Ooh ok. Where's Brian, how's he doing?

He's at class. He's good. For some reason he can't log into MTF today though. :sad:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Snow :sobbing:

I swear to do all I can to get to France next year so I can experience it. :fiery:

I suppose if you've never seen it before it could be exciting... but really... it sucks. :lol:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Tell us about your new-found love. :D
She's amazing. It's going well. Her name is Lisa, we met because she's on my housemates course, and she came out with us one night. We've been seeing a lot of each other. She's not Jewish (don't tell my mum :p ). Er, what else, she straightened my hair with her hair straighteners yesterday :haha: oh god the result was funny.

Angle Queen
:wavey: Adam, Jess and SW!

silverwhite
I suppose if you've never seen it before it could be exciting... but really... it sucks. :lol:

:ras:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
M :bounce:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
He's at class. He's good. For some reason he can't log into MTF today though. :sad:
Ok, I actually meant to say Scott. I'm forgetting people's names I've been away so long :smash:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
She's amazing. It's going well. Her name is Lisa, we met because she's on my housemates course, and she came out with us one night. We've been seeing a lot of each other. She's not Jewish (don't tell my mum :p ). Er, what else, she straightened my hair with her hair straighteners yesterday :haha: oh god the result was funny.

Housemates course? :scratch:

savesthedizzle
How much does the tour cost? Isn't it amazing how much rain is portrayed as the rule in England, when in reality it rains more in NYC than London and it's more of a mist anyway. :lol: Only two times I broke umbrellas was in New York and at the Cincy tournament this year. Their weather is so much milder than here - I didn't mind not seeing snow for 16 months!

Exactly! I go to school in Syracuse, so the BEST part of London for me was the complete lack of snow... and it's so WARM there in winter. :lol: I loved their weather... no clue what they're always complaining about. :p

I want to say the tour was £17.50, for the tour and the museum... I think.

Angle Queen
Staying up late again, SW?

And Jess, love the snow. I've still got a few inches on our back deck. It's awesome! They're even calling for a bit more on Friday too.

silverwhite
Scott? :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
Ok, I actually meant to say Scott. I'm forgetting people's names I've been away so long :smash:

Oh. Scott.

He doesn't really talk to me anymore. No clue why. :shrug:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Staying up late again, SW?

Is that supposed to be surprising? :p

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Speaking of long lost souls, where's 'renzo? Is he in complete hiding?

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh. Scott.

I don't know if he's having problems in his life. He screamed at me the last time we had a conversation. :sad:

LaTenista
:lol: she's not giving him the loving he needs.

Did you enjoy your brief stay in London by the way? You didn't miss too much with the Wimbledon grounds, they're not very exciting.

Actually that trip I only went shopping with my friend the first day, then headed down to Chichester for a couple days, then up to Stratford for a few days to see the RSC, and back down again for what basically turned out to be just an evening thanks to rail engineering. :rolleyes: But by that time my friend was sick :sad: so we just stayed in for a quiet meal and watched some telly. I flew back home the next morning.

silverwhite

Apparently, he's got himself a girl too. :haha:

Angle Queen
Is that supposed to be surprising? :pNot at all. ;)

I'm just fascinated with people who can function past 9 o'clock in the evening.

savesthedizzle

I think he's off having fun with a lady friend as well ;)

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM

There are plenty of us here. ;)

Angle Queen
Apparently, he's got himself a girl too. :haha::eek:

savesthedizzle
I don't know if he's having problems in his life. He screamed at me the last time we had a conversation. :sad:

I know :hug:

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
There are plenty of us here. ;)I know...I can't get over it. I've had to stop looking at the timestamps of some posts.

adee-gee
Housemates course? :scratch:
My housemate is studying journalism, so is she. So they're quite friendly. And I went out with my housemate a while back and she was there, so we got chatting and one thing led to another.....

silverwhite
I think he's off having fun with a lady friend as well ;)

I really wonder how they interact.

Loro: :silly:
Girl: :confused:
Loro: Aye! :aparty:
Girl: :confused: :confused:
Loro: BADREP!!!
Girl: :confused: :confused: :confused:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh. Scott.

:eek: :sad:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
My housemate is studying journalism, so is she. So they're quite friendly. And I went out with my housemate a while back and she was there, so we got chatting and one thing led to another.....

Oh, housemate's course. :rolls:

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:23 PM
My housemate is studying journalism, so is she. So they're quite friendly. And I went out with my housemate a while back and she was there, so we got chatting and one thing led to another.....I know things are in the early stages, but how much of an issue do you think it might be...that she's not Jewish? Is that something your parents are more concerned with...than perhaps you are (at the moment)?

adee-gee
Actually that trip I only went shopping with my friend the first day, then headed down to Chichester for a couple days, then up to Stratford for a few days to see the RSC, and back down again for what basically turned out to be just an evening thanks to rail engineering. :rolleyes: But by that time my friend was sick :sad: so we just stayed in for a quiet meal and watched some telly. I flew back home the next morning.
Oh thats not good, come back to London with Jess and I'll show you a good time :p

savesthedizzle

Oooooh journalism. :yeah:

LaTenista
It flurried a bit here in Ohio yesterday, we're supposed to get 2-4 inches Thursday night. :scared:

That is a bit dear for a tour, but then again it's Wimbledon, would we expect anything less? :shrug:

savesthedizzle

Girl: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You left out :ras:

adee-gee
Oh, housemate's course. :rolls:
Aye. My apolgies :)

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Girl: :confused: :confused: :confused::haha: :haha:

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:24 PM

I thought you didn't enjoy the course anymore. :p

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
It flurried a bit here in Ohio yesterday, we're supposed to get 2-4 inches Thursday night. :scared:Where abouts in Ohio, LaTenista? My brother and his wife have lived in Dayton for ~15 years.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I thought you didn't enjoy the course anymore. :p

I don't. It's not my thing, but I still feel some sort of bond with journalists worldwide. :lol: Which reminds me I *should* start working on the article I have due tomorrow... but that can wait a bit longer.

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
You left out :ras:

I think I use that more than he does. :o

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
I know things are in the early stages, but how much of an issue do you think it might be...that she's not Jewish? Is that something your parents are more concerned with...than perhaps you are (at the moment)?
Er, probably a little bit. I think my mum especially would like me to marry a Jew. We're not religious (she kind of makes out she is at times but she's not) but I think she'd prefer me to be with a Jew. I reckon if I was happy then she'd be happy for me though.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh, housemate's course. :rolls:We'd probably call it 'curriculum' or 'major' here...as in...they're in the same major.

savesthedizzle

Perhaps, although I associate you with :rolleyes:

adee-gee
I thought you were doing history :confused: am I going completely mad?

adee-gee
Your smiley is - :rolleyes:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Not at all. ;)

I get my second wind about then. Back in college I normally stayed up to 1 or 2 am, sometimes 3 or 4 besides a few all-nighters. I only don't do that now since I have a job that requires me to be in the office at 8 am.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I thought you were doing history :confused: am I going completely mad?

I am doing history... I'm also doing magazine journalism... :lol: You get confused by the whole "majoring" thing so we rarely discuss this. I'm actually a magazine journalism major, I just added history recently because I've discovered that journalism just isn't my thing....

So.. I am a double major of history and magazine journalism.. but I like to ignore journalism because I don't like it.

silverwhite
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Perhaps, although I associate you with :rolleyes:

When have I :rolleyes:ed at you? :hug:

I reserve that for Adam. ;)

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
When have I :rolleyes:ed at you? :hug:

I reserve that for Adam. ;)

True... I :rolleyes: at you more than the other way around... :lol:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Where abouts in Ohio, LaTenista? My brother and his wife have lived in Dayton for ~15 years.

I live in the suburbs NE of Cincinnati. Dayton's about 45 minutes away. :cool:

silverwhite
True... I :rolleyes: at you more than the other way around... :lol:

:sobbing:

adee-gee
We'd probably call it 'curriculum' or 'major' here...as in...they're in the same major.
On the subjects of America, I heard a teenage boy was arrested in America for attempting to have sex with a mannequin in a clothes shop :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:31 PM
:sobbing:

If you just stopped using nicknames that annoy me, I wouldn't feel the need to. :p

adee-gee
I am doing history... I'm also doing magazine journalism... :lol: You get confused by the whole "majoring" thing so we rarely discuss this. I'm actually a magazine journalism major, I just added history recently because I've discovered that journalism just isn't my thing....

So.. I am a double major of history and magazine journalism.. but I like to ignore journalism because I don't like it.
Oh good so I'm not completely mad :D

But yes, I do get confused so I'll drop the subject :p

LaTenista

:lol: My best friend from college is a newspaper reporter, she hasn't been able to stand any of the jobs she's had so far.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
On the subjects of America, I heard a teenage boy was arrested in America for attempting to have sex with a mannequin in a clothes shop :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

:haha: That's hilarious.

silverwhite
If you just stopped using nicknames that annoy me, I wouldn't feel the need to. :p

Singular :p

Angle Queen
I reckon if I was happy then she'd be happy for me though.:yeah:

:hearts: and I have a bit of a difference in our respective religions, or lack thereof. He's Catholic and was relatively devout...but a priestly scandal, handled poorly by everyone involved...as well as an over-the-top 'building fund' campaign...pretty much took him away from The Church. I think he still has his beliefs...he's just questioning the Establishment just a bit. Me, on a good day, I'm agnostic. On a bad...it's the other A word.

Certainly made for some interesting discussion when we got married. We ultimately were married in a non-denominational chapel by a Catholic deacon. I looked at it like...it was important to him...and I was indifferent. No reason not to make him happy.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
:lol: My best friend from college is a newspaper reporter, she hasn't been able to stand any of the jobs she's had so far.

I majored in it originally because I wanted some sort of cool exciting job, but once I got here I realized it doesn't offer me ANYTHING that I want in life. Mainly... a life in general. I'd like time off, job security, decent pay, lol.. and journalism.. if I even GOT a job, which would be difficult, would give me basically none of that.

Plus, I hate interviewing people.. I'm far too shy.

It was just a bad fit for me completely.

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I majored in it originally because I wanted some sort of cool exciting job, but once I got here I realized it doesn't offer me ANYTHING that I want in life. Mainly... a life in general. I'd like time off, job security, decent pay, lol.. and journalism.. if I even GOT a job, which would be difficult, would give me basically none of that.

Plus, I hate interviewing people.. I'm far too shy.

It was just a bad fit for me completely.

I agree. So are you dropping it? No need to double major, right?

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I live in the suburbs NE of Cincinnati. Dayton's about 45 minutes away. :cool:We've made a few daytrips into Cinncy, seen a Reds game or two. I really like their neighborhood...sidewalks and city blocks...but lots of trees and kids playing everywhere. His only complaint in all his years there has been about the winters. Not the cold or even the snow. Just that it's gray...all the time.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I agree. So are you dropping it? No need to double major, right?

I'm keeping it. I had this revelation about my life last year with 1 year left to go, and at this point, one semester left. I'm finishing it out.

The only reason I'm here was for the awesome journalism school.. if I were just going for history I could have gone to a far better school than Syracuse... so I just kind of want that degree so I can justify going here.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I can't rep anyone for some reason, the page keeps on messing up :( I wanna bad rep Bolar, he's bad repped me twice in the last week for the most un-bad-reppable comments in the world :confused:

Angle Queen
On the subjects of America, I heard a teenage boy was arrested in America for attempting to have sex with a mannequin in a clothes shop :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:That would not be the first time a male has tried to have sex with an inanimate object. At least they didn't catch him in the morgue or something. Those guys...are creepy. :unsure:

adee-gee
:yeah:

:hearts: and I have a bit of a difference in our respective religions, or lack thereof. He's Catholic and was relatively devout...but a priestly scandal, handled poorly by everyone involved...as well as an over-the-top 'building fund' campaign...pretty much took him away from The Church. I think he still has his beliefs...he's just questioning the Establishment just a bit. Me, on a good day, I'm agnostic. On a bad...it's the other A word.

Certainly made for some interesting discussion when we got married. We ultimately were married in a non-denominational chapel by a Catholic deacon. I looked at it like...it was important to him...and I was indifferent. No reason not to make him happy.
It all ended up well though :D

How long have you guys been married?

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I can't rep anyone for some reason, the page keeps on messing up :( I wanna bad rep Bolar, he's bad repped me twice in the last week for the most un-bad-reppable comments in the world :confused:

You haven't even been online! :confused:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I've just gotta phone my dear mother, I shall be back shortly :wavey:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I've just gotta phone my dear mother, I shall be back shortly :wavey:

Okay! :wavey:

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
:lol: My best friend from college is a newspaper reporter, she hasn't been able to stand any of the jobs she's had so far.Ugh. I couldn't stand to be a reporter...professionally speaking. I wrote for our college paper for two years (sports section :angel: ) but I really much preferred vetting story ideas and editing articles. Athletes were easy interviews (I love sports and most of them were dumb as dirt and could be easily led to give a quotable quote). It was the coaches and ADs who were the pains (except Valvano...he was a total hoot. I asked ONE question and he ad-libbed for 30 minutes...and I left with my side hurting from laughing so much).

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm going to go make some lunch! :wavey:

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:44 PM
It all ended up well though :D

How long have you guys been married?Four years this past September. Not very long in the big picture. I'm looking for 40 more. :)

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:44 PM
:wavey: Adam, Jess!

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm back :D

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:51 PM

I got a bad rep from someone today I don't know who's comments were positive. :confused:

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow...that was quick.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow...that was quick.

I'm pretty speedy with my tuna sandwich making, lol.

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
We've made a few daytrips into Cinncy, seen a Reds game or two. I really like their neighborhood...sidewalks and city blocks...but lots of trees and kids playing everywhere. His only complaint in all his years there has been about the winters. Not the cold or even the snow. Just that it's gray...all the time.

London is more gray in the winter than SW Ohio but without the snow. :shrug:

The new baseball stadium is quite nice. But these days I usually only go into the city to visit my parents, as I live and work north of it.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:56 PM
What do you put in yours? :hearts: likes his with onions, celery, mustard and mayo. I like mine with sweet pickles too!

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 05:56 PM
The new baseball stadium is quite nice. But these days I usually only go into the city to visit my parents, as I live and work north of it.What kind of work do you do?

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty speedy with my tuna sandwich making, lol.

Yesterday they interviewed James Blunt on the radio and he said tuna sandwiches were his fave food. :p

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Yesterday they interviewed James Blunt on the radio and he said tuna sandwiches were his fave food. :p

Seems I have a new soulmate! James Blunt. :yeah: :lol:

AQ: Well, I make mine with Miracle Whip, not mayo, I like to put sweet pickles in as well, but not this time because I didn't see them in the fridge lol, and I generally put cheese on the sandwich as well.. so there are two slices of white American cheese on it. :lol:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
What kind of work do you do?

IT, more specifically real property data information. I have a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
IT, more specifically real property data information. I have a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.:haha:

I'm also an IT geek and write programs for our Finance Department...who handles Business Licensing...and Real Estate.

Are you in government or the private sector?

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
@Adam, I'm hoping to go to Roland Garros next year so I'm not sure if I'll be doing London or not.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:03 PM
@Adam, I'm hoping to go to Roland Garros next year so I'm not sure if I'll be doing London or not.

I'm hoping to go to Roland Garros as well! If I go, it would only be on the 28th for that one day, but I'm very excited about it :D

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 06:04 PM
:(

I'm jealous. While you two are talking multiple Slams...us older ladies are having to settle for Vegas...and Andy Roddick. Oh wait...that's quite alright (for now ;) ).

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:05 PM
:haha:

I'm also an IT geek and write programs for our Finance Department...who handles Business Licensing...and Real Estate.

Are you in government or the private sector?

I don't do any programming but I've picked up tons of technical skills since I started. It's a private company but obviously we have to work with government agencies all the time. In my position I deal mainly with internal and external customers.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I suppose you're doing a lot of analysis. Does Ohio have 'personal property' as well as 'real'? Here in Virginia, individuals and companies are taxed on vehicles as personal property and, additionally, companies are taxed on all of their possessions (office furniture, computer, supplies, machinery). I think it's an absurd taxation scheme. I'm much more of an advocate of sales taxes and user taxes/fees.

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm hoping to go to Roland Garros as well! If I go, it would only be on the 28th for that one day, but I'm very excited about it :D

I desperately want to attend a clay tourney. Brazil Open is too far (3 flights just to get there), Acapulco is looking too expensive b/c it's held at a pricey resort, I don't really want to go to Houston because I want to see the Spaniards and South Americans. But I'm :unsure: about this ballot thing now. I tried the Wimby one before and didn't get tickets.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I desperately want to attend a clay tourney. Brazil Open is too far (3 flights just to get there), Acapulco is looking too expensive b/c it's held at a pricey resort, I don't really want to go to Houston because I want to see the Spaniards and South Americans. But I'm :unsure: about this ballot thing now. I tried the Wimby one before and didn't get tickets.

Yeah... It's hard for me too that I'm only able to go that one day, so I need tickets for that specific day and I have basically no flexibility with it. I'm going to be crushed if I am in Paris on a day when RG is happening and I can't get tickets.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
:wavey: again

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
:wavey: Hello again Adam.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah... It's hard for me too that I'm only able to go that one day, so I need tickets for that specific day and I have basically no flexibility with it. I'm going to be crushed if I am in Paris on a day when RG is happening and I can't get tickets.Yep, that'd stink. I suppose there's always the option of buying them from a service, or worse, a scalper...but I've heard such horror stories of fake tickets. That would really be a bummer.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Did they ask him if he's managed to get some testicles yet? No man should be able to sing as high as he does :o

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Yep, that'd stink. I suppose there's always the option of buying them from a service, or worse, a scalper...but I've heard such horror stories of fake tickets. That would really be a bummer.

Yeah.. *sigh* I'll just hope for the best I suppose.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I want to go to RG but I'll have exams and stuff :( so I'll have to go next year. Grass is better than clay anyway ;)

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I want to go to RG but I'll have exams and stuff :( so I'll have to go next year. Grass is better than clay anyway ;)

:confused: How are you still having exams during RG when you told me you were going to be in London because your exams finished in mid-May?

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I suppose you're doing a lot of analysis. Does Ohio have 'personal property' as well as 'real'? Here in Virginia, individuals and companies are taxed on vehicles as personal property and, additionally, companies are taxed on all of their possessions (office furniture, computer, supplies, machinery). I think it's an absurd taxation scheme. I'm much more of an advocate of sales taxes and user taxes/fees.

All taxes on personal property are sales taxes when you buy the items here in Ohio. But stores are taxed on their inventory sometime in January every year.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
:confused: How are you still having exams during RG when you told me you were going to be in London because your exams finished in mid-May?
What date is RG this year? I thought it was usually early-mid May?

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah... It's hard for me too that I'm only able to go that one day, so I need tickets for that specific day and I have basically no flexibility with it. I'm going to be crushed if I am in Paris on a day when RG is happening and I can't get tickets.

Can people queue for grounds tickets, like Wimby? I would probably rather go to the small outside courts than to the big stadiums anyway.

Angle Queen
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
All taxes on personal property are sales taxes when you buy the items here in Ohio. But stores are taxed on their inventory sometime in January every year.Shhh, don't speak too loudly...or our Virginia legislators will get the bright idea to tax 'inventory' too. :rolleyes:

Well, all...I've got to bow out for a bit.

Ya'll be good to each other. :wavey:

LaTenista
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM

:haha: Not quite mate. Try end of May - early June.

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:22 PM

It starts May 28... :lol:

I only know that because that is the only day I can go. It's starting on a Sunday this year and on that day there will be only be matches in the show courts.

adee-gee
M :wavey:

Ooooh RG is 28th May - 11th June that gives me a decision....hang on, that means Wimby must be extremely late this year :scratch:

LaTenista
Shhh, don't speak too loudly...or our Virginia legislators will get the bright idea to tax 'inventory' too. :rolleyes:

Well, all...I've got to bow out for a bit.

Ya'll be good to each other. :wavey:

:bigwave: Bye AQ!

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Can people queue for grounds tickets, like Wimby? I would probably rather go to the small outside courts than to the big stadiums anyway.

I'm not sure. I'd generally prefer the smaller courts too, but of course the only day I can go is the 28th (the first Sunday) and they are only having matches on the 3 show courts :sad:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Ok ignore me I'm talking out my bum :o

I might try and go to RG then, if I can find someone that would come with me. None of my close friends like tennis though :(

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:25 PM
M :wavey:

Ooooh RG is 28th May - 11th June that gives me a decision....hang on, that means Wimby must be extremely late this year :scratch:

Qualifying starts June 13.

I have all these dates memorized, lol. It's a bit scary.

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Qualifying starts June 13.

I have all these dates memorized, lol. It's a bit scary.
:lol: thats during Queens, I'm gonna go there a few days hopefully, I think all my favourites will be playing there...Rafa, Andy, Andy, Guille, maybe not Paulo though :sad:

My old coach will prob be playing in the Wimbledon quallies :banana: go Neil Bamford :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
:lol: thats during Queens, I'm gonna go there a few days hopefully, I think all my favourites will be playing there...Rafa, Andy, Andy, Guille, maybe not Paulo though :sad:

My old coach will prob be playing in the Wimbledon quallies :banana: go Neil Bamford :rocker2:

I'll be at the Queens qualifying June 10-11! I hope! :banana:

adee-gee
12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I'll be at the Queens qualifying June 10-11! I hope! :banana:
Stay for the real thing! Is Novak gonna be playing? Or will he play that horrible Dutch tourney?

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Stay for the real thing! Is Novak gonna be playing? Or will he play that horrible Dutch tourney?

I don't know, lol. Novak didn't play either of them last year.. I forget what he did play.

I can't stay for the real thing! Haha, I wish! I am a girl with limited amounts of $$ and the fact that the $ is about half of the £ certainly doesn't help things!

savesthedizzle
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Oh DUH. Novak didn't play Queens last year because he had to qualify for Wimbledon. *hits self*