09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
haha,what is this?so funny..:D

embarrassed smile
:)

sunzhewyq
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
embarrassed smile
:)

Tomorrow,i will get the T-shirt which designed for Robin....a little exciting.but everything about him is up in the air...

Ilovetheblues_86
09-15-2011, 12:48 AM
If Djokovic is winning slams, Robin can too. Nuff said.

MaxPower
09-15-2011, 09:27 AM
If Djokovic is winning slams, Robin can too. Nuff said.

:clap2: yeah entire MTF is like a big Djokovic bandwagon these days. Hope Robin can give him a defeat the coming months, maybe in Paris or WTF.

Next year anything can happen. Hope Sod shocks the tennis world and wins AO. People keep thinking RG is where he will have his chance but tbh as long as the weather isn't too hot or windy he can win a hc slam as well

AgnRus
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Australian courts are too slow for Robin.
We'll see.:shrug:

sunzhewyq
09-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Australian courts are too slow for Robin.
We'll see.:shrug:

oh,Nastia,after Robin got injuried,you are so pessimistic.how can we make you a little optimistic.:angel:

take it easy....:p

AgnRus
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
take it easy....:p

I can't:sadface:

By the way Robin is going to play in Valencia.

sunzhewyq
09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
By the way Robin is going to play in Valencia.

so what??last year,he also played Valencia..

Do you mean that robin can skip ChinaOpen without too much consideration??

AgnRus
09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
so what??last year,he also played Valencia..

Do you mean that robin can skip ChinaOpen without too much consideration??

He can skip ChinaOpen only because of illness. No other reason.

sunzhewyq
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
He can skip ChinaOpen only because of illness. No other reason.

:bowdown:OH,God:bowdown:Please,no Illness:bowdown:

God says ok!:angel:

MaxPower
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Robin should get better on his facebooking/twittering. I mean he really sucks at doing updates. Should just post something like 10 words and say what's up once a week or so. Like right now if he is back practicing or if he's still in sick even.

Meanwhile Nadal/Murray/Djokovic are updating their fans almost daily

I think Sod is losing fans from being so secret all the time.

DanaKz
09-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Robin should get better on his facebooking/twittering. I mean he really sucks at doing updates. Should just post something like 10 words and say what's up once a week or so. Like right now if he is back practicing or if he's still in sick even.

Meanwhile Nadal/Murray/Djokovic are updating their fans almost daily

I think Sod is losing fans from being so secret all the time.
:lol: You are not Tsonga's fan I suppose. This guy hates speaking up, quite surprising I know, but still. He is the secretive one! Even when he speaks it's so formal! I hate it.

MaxPower
09-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Tsonga is the same? ah well not sayin he should go Djokovic mode (not his style and that is too much anyway). Just be a little bit more open. Takes 2 min to do a quick update like if he feels good again and is back to practice. Or if he plans to go to Asia next week or not

superganon
09-18-2011, 02:01 AM
if im right soderling is not a computer guy.

sunzhewyq
09-18-2011, 07:13 AM
if im right soderling is not a computer guy.

yes,you are right...:p as i know,robin doesn't use the social network too often..although he likes the computer...

MaxPower
09-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Seems confirmed that Djokovic is out of China Open. What a chance for Robin if he can get back. None of the other top4 will play there either.

Means Berdych/Monfils/Tsonga/Soderling(if healthy) might fight for the title. Sod got excellent H2H vs all of them

Ofc we know nothing about his condition yet and i fear he could pull out of Thailand any day now. But lets hope not!

sunzhewyq
09-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Seems confirmed that Djokovic is out of China Open. What a chance for Robin if he can get back. None of the other top4 will play there either.

Means Berdych/Monfils/Tsonga/Soderling(if healthy) might fight for the title. Sod got excellent H2H vs all of them

Ofc we know nothing about his condition yet and i fear he could pull out of Thailand any day now. But lets hope not!

as the media from Serbia, Djokovic's injury is not serious...

"Novak Djokovic says the back muscle injury that forced him to quit his Davis Cup match is not serious but requires rest."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/novak-djokovic-back-injury-14554441

AgnRus
09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
as the media from Serbia, Djokovic's injury is not serious...

"Novak Djokovic says the back muscle injury that forced him to quit his Davis Cup match is not serious but requires rest."

rest=some weeks

Djokovic said he may have to skip his next tournaments in China next month -- the Shanghai Masters and China Open in Beijing.

"I hope I will recover by then," Djokovic said. "Anyway, I won't risk the worsening of the injury and that's why it is hard to predict for how long I will rest."

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/6991701/novak-djokovic-says-back-injury-not-serious-require-rest

So Beijing tournament could lose two of its best players.

sunzhewyq
09-20-2011, 08:10 AM
two?????????robin is uncertain....:smash:

henke007
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
This will be another missed oppurtunity for Robin. Though if he plays he will be so rusty and out of form he might lose to anyone. Hamburg, Washington DC craptourney allover again i suspect. Someone who shouldn't be ahead of Robin in the rankings will have a great shot at 300/500 points and secure London :o:sad::mad:

sunzhewyq
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
From China Open's official Weibo..
“#十月中网见#昨天因为小德伤病而不淡定的童鞋们大可放宽心~今天中网竞赛球员负责人@jennifer chenzhen 与小德的团队进行了联系,小德的经纪人表示Novak不会退赛,中网按期参加;之后小德的叔叔Goran也 与赛会联络,他说小德的确受伤了,但并没有所传的那样严重,还特别提到中国球迷,让大家放心。 ”

as the organizer of China Open said"they contected with Novak's team and 'Novak will not withdraw from China Open'.Then Novak's uncle,Goran,also talked to the organizer,he said Novak's injury is not so serious as people's think."

"Novak‘s appearance will be on Lotus Count on 2nd Oct."said by the manager of China Open

Ausie
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
as the organizer of China Open said"they contected with Novak's team and 'Novak will not withdraw from China Open'.Then Novak's uncle,Goran,also talked to the organizer,he said Novak's injury is not so serious as people's think."

"Novak‘s appearance will be on Lotus Count on 2nd Oct."said by the manager of China Open
and what should they say? Advertising on Djokovic put a lot of money, if he would withdraw from the tournament, announce in the very last moment. One need not be so naive.

sunzhewyq
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
and what should they say? Advertising on Djokovic put a lot of money, if he would withdraw from the tournament, announce in the very last moment. One need not be so naive.

i am not sure whether he will come or not,maybe he just comes and has a show in Beijing.

MaxPower
09-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Hmm still don't see any news of Robin having withdrawn from Thailand. Guess if he's talked to the organizers they will announce it right at the draw or something.

If he can't play I'm gonna root for the wildcard plater Kittipong Wachiramanowong just for the name

sunzhewyq
09-22-2011, 04:22 PM
i am also waiting for the annonce of organizer....if he withdrawn from Thailand,it partly means he will out from the whole Asia season...

henke007
09-22-2011, 04:47 PM
If he doesn't play Beijing he can't count a 3rd 250 Robin has only played 2 500.s in 2011:o, He should play and retire after 3 games ;):p

sunzhewyq
09-22-2011, 05:13 PM
If he doesn't play Beijing he can't count a 3rd 250 Robin has only played 2 500.s in 2011:o, He should play and retire after 3 games ;):p

yeah,it is very necessary to him for 2011,but if we take his health/career into consideration,maybe it's nothing...

i hope he can come,even if he only makes a show,but never put his health at risk

MaxPower
09-22-2011, 07:53 PM
yeah if he intends to play Beijing/Shanghai i think he needs some match practice before that. Thailand would be perfect to play a little weaker competition, see how the body answers and if he goes out early it doesn't matter.

I think if he's at around 75%-80% he will go. Maybe out of loyalty for the organizers and for the appearance money ofc.

And if he hasn't even gotten that far in his recovery then maybe he should skip the Asia tour yes. Would be a shame. The chances for top8 are practically gone then and he might even risk going out of top10 if he fails in Paris where he defends 1000p :(

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 03:29 AM
still no news about him...

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 05:20 AM
@jennimostrom
Jenni Moström

Good morning everyone !! It's 4:30 am and I'm on my way to the airport. xx

-------------------------
Jenny is going to fly somewhere. Maybe (I hope so) to Bangkok?:unsure:

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 06:05 AM
@jennimostrom
Jenni Moström

Good morning everyone !! It's 4:30 am and I'm on my way to the airport. xx

-------------------------
Jenny is going to fly somewhere. Maybe (I hope so) to Bangkok?:unsure:

:hearts:i hooope......
:smooch:thx Nastia....i cannot get on twitter...
:bowdown:RRRRRoooobbbbiiiiinnnnn

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Jonathan, sometimes you frighten me :stupid:
It's unknown yet where Jenny is flying, and Robin with her or not.

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Jonathan, sometimes you frighten me :stupid:
It's unknown yet where Jenny is flying, and Robin with her or not.

:pi am just a little excited....although we don't know the detail..it is a good signal(maybe)..

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Roger Federer has withdrawn from Shanghai Masters..

MaxPower
09-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Just found this from http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Tournaments/Bangkok.aspx

Robin Returns To Action - After pulling out of the US Open when he was diagnosed with mononucleosis, World No. 5 Robin Soderling returns to the court by making his debut in Bangkok. It is his first event since July.

YES! been waiting since Bastad and finally he is back in action. And Federer withdrawing from Shanghai might be an opening. No more 1-6, 1-6 QF :)

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Today, will be announced a statement from Soderling about Bangkok, according to his agent.
I'm afraid.

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Today, will be announced a statement from Soderling about Bangkok, according to his agent.
I'm afraid.

:sad:i am mad......

Novak made a statement during US Open that he will get married..so ....will robin do the same thing?...

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
it feels like waiting for a judgement to a doomsday....:(

MaxPower
09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
hehe well if Federer can withdraw from Shanghai this early it's strange that Soderling is the last minute man. But hey Feds withdrawal might also be on vague sources so far.

Going to be interesting what Robin says. Hopefully confirmation of his comeback. If not I hope he says something about Beijing/Shanghai. I changed the my main board thread to "soderling makes his comeback" so then I'm safe whatever his statement says. Just gonna bump it whenever it happens.

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 01:17 PM
But hey Feds withdrawal might also be on vague sources so far.

it had been confirmed by the official of Shanghai Masters

MaxPower
09-23-2011, 02:17 PM
it had been confirmed by the official of Shanghai Masters

So even super Federer is good enough to announce his withdrawal like 3 weeks ahead despite being a major blow to the ticket selling for Shanghai.

If Soderling withdraws after all it means he is the true superstar :) (or more likely that he was a bit day to day and couldn't really decide until last minute AGAIN)

thats why i was pretty sure today as Jenni said she was heading to the airport and no statement from the organizers that he is indeed coming. The organizers always want the players there a bit ahead if possible so they can do some media activities and promotion for the tournament. So no doubt they have been told already if he can't play

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Berdych TODAY withdraw from the Malaysian Open, so anything can happen.

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 02:36 PM
thats why i was pretty sure today as Jenni said she was heading to the airport and no statement from the organizers that he is not coming. The organizers always want the players there a bit ahead if possible so they can do some media activities and promotion for the tournament. So no doubt they have been told already if he can't come

:confused:So you mean that the organization has known robin will not come.what they will do is just make an announcement before the beginning of the match??:confused:

_Chaz
09-23-2011, 03:31 PM
From FB :sad:

"Robin Söderling
I am very sorry to disappoint my fans, tournaments, and sponsors but I am still not able to play Asia tour. I was looking forward to coming to Asia but unfortunately my mono is not completely cured yet and so I have to take another month off... I can't wait to be back on the court but I have to be patient. I hope to be ready for Stockholm Open in the middle of October. Thank you to all of you for your support - your encouraging messages help me to get through this difficult time."

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 03:35 PM
:sad::sad::sad:

MaxPower
09-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Freaking disaster. As I predicted the organizers probably knew then and choose not to write anything on their homepage or mention it to the ATP.

The statement signals he is nowhere near a comeback for Beijing either. They could have announced that he isn't going to Thailand long ago just like Federer did for Shanghai.

Sadly I must say it's getting a little stupid from Robin screwing with his fans like this. If you remain on the maincard this close to a tournament you are expected to play unless you get a some short time injury.

Guys with long term injury or sickness got no reason to wait until the tournament qualifying even started. I see no valid reason for waiting so long. Maybe the organizers forced him but as I said it's getting stupid now because he wasn't even close

sunzhewyq
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
:sad::sad::sad:

Now,i can understand the feeling that you do what you can to have the US Open holidays and got nothing....

i am so stupid...

DanaKz
09-23-2011, 05:31 PM
:hysteric::sobbing:

MaxPower
09-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey AgnRus why does he get a penalty 0 for Beijing? I took this from the ATP FAQ

All direct acceptance players at the time of the entry deadline who do not play will receive a 0-pointer in their ranking.

A player who is out of competition for 30 or more days, due to a verified injury, will not receive any penalties.

Hasn't he been out of competition for more than 30 days by Beijing? Only injury count and sickness does not?

AgnRus
09-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey AgnRus why does he get a penalty 0 for Beijing? I took this from the ATP FAQ

Hasn't he been out of competition for more than 30 days by Beijing? Only injury count and sickness does not?

ok, I have never seen this rule.We can ask Judio.

AgnRus
09-24-2011, 09:48 PM
http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2569951/soderling-missar-hela-asien-turnen

I'm fully agree with Fidde,respect to him.I hope he will not leave Robin in this difficult period of his career.
The only important thing - Robin's health, everything else does not matter at all.

And one more thing - I really don't want him to start playing in Stockholm, because the Stockholm tournament means a lot to him. He can not win the tournament after such a long break in the game. It will be yet another humiliation at home.:facepalm:

henke007
09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
If he doesn't play Asia he will hardly play Sthlm. He will not play another match in 2011 i think and will drop out of the top 10 sadly.

AgnRus
09-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I still think Robin will play at least Bercy :shrug:

Ausie
09-25-2011, 09:39 AM
And one more thing - I really don't want him to start playing in Stockholm, because the Stockholm tournament means a lot to him. He can not win the tournament after such a long break in the game. It will be yet another humiliation at home.:facepalm:
Why humiliation, he must also begin with something that him needs to be playing practice.

AgnRus
09-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Why humiliation, he must also begin with something that him needs to be playing practice.
Pasha, Lleyton also received a practice a week ago at the Davis Cup match, have you enjoyed? I think not.
I just express my opinion.
I'm just afraid another defeat from Nalbandian / Del Potro will be very offensive for Robin. Please, not now and not in Stockholm.

Ausie
09-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Pasha, Lleyton also received a practice a week ago at the Davis Cup match, you've enjoyed? I think not.
I just express my opinion.
I'm just afraid another defeat from Nalbandian / Del Potro will be very offensive for Robin. Please, not now and not in Stockholm.Lleyton played on painkillers, according to this I can only admire his efforts, that would help their country, if Robin is not ready to play, then of course he should not play.

MaxPower
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2569951/soderling-missar-hela-asien-turnen

I'm fully agree with Fidde,respect to him.I hope he will not leave Robin in this difficult period of his career.
The only important thing - Robin's health, everything else does not matter at all.

He got a pretty humiliating loss to Florian Mayer in 2010 and looked kinda devastated. But we all know what happened after that. He won Bercy that year.

I think he would be more devastated to miss it. He loves playing at home. Even if he is rusty the serve alone is good enough to keep the scoreline respectable even if he losses.

But i really don't want a final vs Del Potro anymore, the H2H is starting to look pretty bad as it is. Robin doesn't need a new nemesis now that his old nemesis is starting to fade.

AgnRus
09-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Even if he is rusty the serve alone is good enough to keep the scoreline respectable even if he losses.

I don't think so.
in addition to all his troubles he loses a lot of muscle mass (already lost and will lose more) and will be quite weak. It takes months to return to normal form.

MaxPower
09-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Depends. we know so little about his recovery. Sure if he spent most of september in bed then Stockholm is out of question. If he spent like 1-2 weeks in bed then there is hope.

I'm worried for his entire career if he spent like 4 weeks in bed. Ancic was 6 weeks in bed and later the mono problems cost him the career.

On the other hand he could take it as an opportunity to slim down a little. Both Djokovic and Mardy Fish dropped some muscle and that took them to new heights for 2011 :/ I think it could prolong his career as well getting a little break and recover the knees and foot to 100%. Got to find something positive in this even if it's hard :(

AgnRus
09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
On the other hand he could take it as an opportunity to slim down a little. Both Djokovic and Mardy Fish dropped some muscle and that took them to new heights for 2011 :/

I don't think Robin must become thinner, he will not be able to play the style that we all love. His game is built on power, look at Tsonga, it is much larger and he feels good and is not going to lose weight.

I think it could prolong his career as well getting a little break and recover the knees and foot to 100%. Got to find something positive in this even if it's hard :(

This is the single positive thing in this situation.
...of course if he is going to play ever...:sadface:

Orka_n
09-26-2011, 03:36 AM
:lol: MaxPower is overly positive and AgnRus is overly negative. Robin will be back, let's just go from there. :)

sunzhewyq
09-26-2011, 07:46 AM
:lol: MaxPower is overly positive and AgnRus is overly negative. Robin will be back, let's just go from there. :)

That's the truth:lol:

Ausie
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes, and if put together, it turns out the balance.;) Health to him, and let he soon come back, but at the same time not neglecting the health, necessary to fully recover.

MaxPower
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
lol yeah but imo he played the tennis of his career in Båstad. The reason for it was that the new coach Rosengren is starting to give effect and that he's starting to get more variation and more confidence at the net. The return games were amazing too getting most serves in play and dishing out bagels and breadsticks like no tomorrow. Mentally and tactically he looked like a slam winner

I was really hyped up the later part of the season as a result but it all turned to a disaster because of the wrist injury and the mono. At the same time those tactical additions and mental strength he developed won't go anywhere. When his health is back I'm not worried for his game.

And the more I think about it the future will be sort of motivating as a fan too. Not many points to defend in slams and masters in 2012. Federer, Fish and Ferrer all being older than him. Berdych/Tsonga and Monfils all guys he got a good H2H against. I don't see any reason for panic yet. He can work his way up even higher than 5 in 2012 (if he can remain healthy)

Even this year he could end with 5-6 titles if lucky and a solid W/L ratio despite all those gifted losses and tournament withdrawals.

sunzhewyq
09-29-2011, 05:23 AM
New ATP Portrait..

Robin looks perfect;)..OMG,Melzer...

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/uploads/52989/1102.jpg

MaxPower
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Wonder if ATP signed a sponsorship deal with Colgate since everyone was supposed to smile big :) Some of the smiles are so forced. Better to do like Del Potro or Petzchner then

I liked the old gangsta Soderling photo where he looked a bit angry. He is so nice off-court anyway. Just read he gave a 50 000kr scholarship to some new and promising tennis brothers in Sweden.

MaxPower
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Now Robin is about to be passed by freaking Tipsarevic in the race :(

AgnRus
10-02-2011, 03:43 PM
It does not matter, forget about London, sorry but nothing can be done. we even don't know exactly will he play at this season or not. Currently there are no signs that he trains. nothing at all.
:(

MaxPower
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
London is forgotten long ago. But Federer and Djokovic not playing is very bad. He'll be 13th in the race after Shanghai most likely. The fall in the race is faster than I expected and with no chance to gain points in Sthlm or DC it's only Valencia and Paris left or he might walk into 2012 as #13-14 somewhere. Makes for an interesting AO but after all he defends 3 titles those first months too...

henke007
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Maybe Robin will get better Draws ranked 12th then he got as nr 4 and 5 in the world:haha:

Seriously tennis is in a sad state right now. Delpo and Robin not playing the game and mugs like Simon, Almagro and Tipsarevic entering the top 10.

AZ-12
10-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Some news about Robin in swedish: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article13726378.ab

The bottom line is that while there is some progress with Robin's health, it is not very fast and the start in Stockholm is far from certain.

AgnRus
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Robin will not play in Stockholm, it's obvious.

It's impossible to recover for 2 weeks remaining before the tournament.

MaxPower
10-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Urgh not good news. Expected him to be back in training long ago. If it doesn't answer well when he starts this week he might as well throw in the towel.

It's weird that Rosengren was coaching of Ancic as well. Now he's had two of the guys with the worst mono-outbreaks in recent years. But it also means he will be very careful and advice Robin to stay away from the court as long as possible. In the end it's probably for the best.

Maybe Robin will get better Draws ranked 12th then he got as nr 4 and 5 in the world:haha:

Seriously tennis is in a sad state right now. Delpo and Robin not playing the game and mugs like Simon, Almagro and Tipsarevic entering the top 10.

Agree. Tipsy won his first title just a week ago and will now pass Robin in the race. Delpo threw away his chance and Monfils is out with injury and will miss both Beijing/Shanghai so means that there will maybe be one unexpected player in London. I just hope it's not one of those 3

AgnRus
10-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.

sunzhewyq
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..

by the way..Robin will get the T-shirt some days...woohoo!!

Orka_n
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... :shrug: Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.

AgnRus
10-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... :shrug: Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.

His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative :shrug:

Sunset of Age
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative :shrug:

The problem with mono is that it's very difficult to properly diagnose, especially in the initial stages. Even if he didn't have it at that time yet, it may well be that he's been having it for quite a while now.

AgnRus
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..

Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?

swedes_rule
10-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.

thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season :)

sunzhewyq
10-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?

i think no one here is pleased to see these situations, especially those who want to see him face to face in the following tournaments.

His disease needs a lot of time to recover, which we all know. Every one wants him to get better and better. I just hope he can, even if he is not able to in fact.So what can surprise me is nothing but his comeback.

MaxPower
10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
recovery from mono is very individual so no-one could have known how long it would take. Some athletes are back in no time. Federer didn't miss much either. Sadly Robin took a major beating from the disease and the reason was probably that his body was weakened, possibly from too much physical training combined with different medication he's taken during the time leading up to the mono outbreak.

The wrist injury could have been a contributing factor as he had to "over-train" as he didn't have much time to get in match shape for the US Open series. He's stubborn and really wanted to play Cincy and USO and in the end those factors probably put his body under so much stress that he was defenseless vs the mono outbreak. Had he decided on an early stage to skip Cincy and USO I guess he would have been back by now. No-one knows that either but that's what I think. A big lesson for the future is to decide earlier to skip/not skip tournaments so he can actually rest. Been like that most of the season that he's been under pressure just to be ready. When he finally decided to skip a tournament early (the DC meeting after wimby) it paid off big time

AgnRus
10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season :)

Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.

swedes_rule
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.

If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.

AgnRus
10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.

I think everyone here agree with this.

Robin apparently too weak yet :

http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2558043/soderling_kan_missa_stockholm_open&from=rss

MaxPower
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I think everyone here agree with this.

Robin apparently too weak yet :

http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2558043/soderling_kan_missa_stockholm_open&from=rss

at least it hints he's back practicing. When he missed Beijing/Shanghai it's Valencia/Paris that is the next important block.

Stockholm doesn't matter to his ranking or to 2012. Pure bonus!

AgnRus
10-07-2011, 02:37 AM
at least it hints he's back practicing. When he missed Beijing/Shanghai it's Valencia/Paris that is the next important block.

Stockholm doesn't matter to his ranking or to 2012. Pure bonus!

Moreover, he now trains every day. Today he will play with Bjorkman. So he still hopes to return to the tour in Stockholm, let's see how it goes.

Points for Stockholm will not be superfluous, if he loses points for Brisbane and Marseille in early 2012.

Orka_n
10-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Oh man, Robin really wants to win Stockholm I guess... not that I blame him, he's been watching that tournament (and Båstad) since he was a kid. But I really hope he doesn't push himself too hard now.

henke007
10-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Could be a good place to start playing on homesoil and no pressure what so ever. The field could turn out to be a joke aswell without Monfils and Delpo!!

So sad right now to see how low quality Beijing and Shanghai will turn out to be and Robin can't take advantage of it at all. But Fish,Berdych and Tsonga and even Ferrer will gain even more ground...

AgnRus
10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img741/4540/fkdws.jpg

Robin's socks :facepalm:

probably he is still without clothing sponsor....

MaxPower
10-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Damn you got really good info. I was worried for a while but seeing that he is practicing everyday it seems like very likely he will give Sthlm a shot.

Monfils is probably out and who knows about Delpo. Would be pretty crazy if Robin can go deep and would mean the world to him after all the recent setbacks. Just hope the crowd doesn't get disappointed if he crashes out early because everyone might not be aware of how long he's been away from tennis.

Nice that he practices with Björkman. Should teach him more volley technique and maybe some doubles tricks if Soderling has to play DC doubles in 2012 :) (hope not)

_Chaz
10-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Happy to see/read him back practicing. I'd also say he should give Stockholm a shot if he feels fit enough to play. And as you said, even if he loses he won't lose points, but if he gets far he could make some points for next year (if he doesn't defend Brisbane and/or Marseille).
Another reason would be that he wouldn't be THAT rusty if he came back in Valencia and already played at least one match. We see that every year at the Canada Masters how rusty the top guys are after this long break and Robin was ill so he'd be even more rusty / probably not fit enough for grueling 3-setters (although these don't happen that often in the indoor season, courts are at least a bit faster except Valencia).

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 01:38 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img741/4540/fkdws.jpg

is that robin's leg???it looks a little fat.....

a pair of asics shoes and a pair of Lacoste sock...what a mashup style...:D

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 06:20 AM
is that robin's leg???it looks a little fat.....

:spit::superlol:

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 10:35 AM
:spit::superlol:

Is Robin in Stockholm now? i should ask him whether he received the T-shirt or not.

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Is Robin in Stockholm now? i should ask him whether he received the T-shirt or not.

Jonathan, what do you think yourself? if he trains in Stockholm, where is he?

:facepalm:

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Jonathan, what do you think yourself? if he trains in Stockholm, where is he?

myself????:confused:

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
myself????:confused:
sorry. I probably chose the wrong word in English
I mean "personally"
:lol:

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
anyway,forget it....

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Swedish guys, if you're here, watch the video at this link, here is some information about Robin.

http://svtplay.se/v/2458114/sportspegeln_19_00

Only for Sweden, unfortunately.

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
the same show talked on Jenni's twitter???

På SVT och väntar på att R ska vara med i Sportspegeln.

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes. One viewer said, it is clear from the words of Robin, he will not play Stockholm.

I don't know it's true or not.

sunzhewyq
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
ok,it's ok..it is too familiar to surprise that he withdraws from a tournament during these two months..

but how about other tournaments..such as Valencia and pairs?

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
http://playrapport.se/video/2560792

Please translate!!!

:help:

MaxPower
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Swedish guys, if you're here, watch the video at this link, here is some information about Robin.

http://svtplay.se/v/2458114/sportspegeln_19_00

Only for Sweden, unfortunately.

Yes was just watching Sportspegeln and got surprised Soderling showed up. Didn't say that much that hasn't been posted here.

Better link now: http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2560784/soderling_till_svt_jag_mar_battre

Quick recap:

Welcome Robin Soderling. How are you?
I'm feeling better. It's been a tough time. Not fun at all but on the right track now. Hopefully the recovery will be faster now. According to me it's been a bit slow.

For us that never had mono, how does it show?
It's very individual. For me severe throat pain, fever and in bed a few weeks. After that I've been feeling OK to do everyday stuff. It's just when it was time to practice I had no energy.

How has it effected your training compared to the normal level?
It's been a lot less. A month when I did almost nothing. Now I have begun with some mixed results. One day practice, some rest and trying to "ease it in".

What do you say about taking part in Stockholm Open?
I'm not entirely sure yet. It would be amazing but I have to go on the feel. I'm not gonna be entirely certain until closer to the tournament because it's been that up and down. But it would be very fun.

How much pressure do you feel to take part, home advantage and all?
I try not to think about it. I have to focus on myself. I need to be healthy.

Not think about it that much you say but it's there?
Yes it is and from myself too. I have always loved playing at home and Stockholm Open is special to me. It would be very fun to play but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. There will be more Stockholm Opens.

How important is a Stockholm title?
Well, I've been to two finals and been close twice. I have won Båstad. To be able to win both swedish tournaments would be fantastic.

You said it was month where you didn't practice, what did you think during that time period? You tennis players are working very hard normally. So what did you think about?
In the first stage I was pretty bad so not much to think about then but later it was the uncertainty and it's still difficult. Some days I feel good and are like "Yeah let's do it!" and next day I suddenly had no energy at all.

What do you think about the future?
I hopefully have many years left in tennis. I love playing tennis. I'll continue as long as I possibly can. But my first thoughts are of course to get back to 100% and then we take it from there. When I start playing again I'm gonna be happy just to be back on court.

You will keep going strong?
Absolutely. No other thoughts at all.

MaxPower
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Yes. One viewer said, it is clear from the words of Robin, he will not play Stockholm.

I don't know it's true or not.

I disagree but the quote: "There will be more Stockholm Opens" could be interpreted as he's thinking about not playing. Personally I say he wanted to safeguard himself in case there is a setback during next week. He can't promise to play and then not play. Now it's more of a happy surprise if he does play instead of disappointment if he doesn't. Robin is becoming a real media veteran these days and wouldn't fall into an easy trap like that.

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks, MaxPower!!!

AgnRus
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I disagree but the quote: "There will be more Stockholm Opens" could be interpreted as he's thinking about not playing. Personally I say he wanted to safeguard himself in case there is a setback during next week. He can't promise to play and then not play. Now it's more of a happy surprise if he does play instead of disappointment if he doesn't. Rpbom is becoming a real media veteran these days and wouldn't fall into an easy trap like that.

WOW! Robin becomes wise! Nice to see, I think we should thank Rosengren.

Björki
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd really like to watch Robin in Stockholm. But I hope he won't play if he is not 99% healthy!!!

Thanks for the translation MaxPower.

MaxPower
10-09-2011, 09:32 PM
ye no problemo. Just saw SVT will have live broadcasts from round 1 even from Stockholm Open. Awesome as usual. Means the world for the popularity of tennis in Sweden if Robin could play so I only want to see good news next week...

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Robin got a penalty for Beijing

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Robin-Soderling.aspx?t=rb

MaxPower
10-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Robin got a penalty for Beijing

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Robin-Soderling.aspx?t=rb

Ah well he's gonna have a total of four 0-pointers in his ranking as he has to count US Opens 0 and the 2 Masters 1000 0s as well.

So he's ranking will be made up of 14 tournaments. That is of course ridiculous and he won't have a realistic chance to be back at #5-7 again until at least after Cincy/USO in 2012.

Q. What are the requirements and rules for player participation for an ATP World Tour 500 tournament?
A. Top 30 players (based on '10 year-end ranking) must play a minimum of four 500 level tournaments during the calendar year, including at least one event following the US Open (Monte Carlo Masters 1000 event will count towards the minimum of four and all penalties apply):
-- A 0-pointer for each event less than four played.
-- A 0-pointer for withdrawing from any 500 tournament after the acceptance list is out.
-- A 0-pointer for not playing at least one event after the US Open.
-- A 0-pointer can be appealed by a player to the same tribunal formed to hear 1000 suspension appeals.
-- No suspensions or fines (including no withdrawal and late withdrawal fines).

I personally had no idea that Monte Carlo counts in the requirement for 4 500s. WHY O WHY didn't Soderling chose to play Monte Carlo? He lives there! Then he would have had 250 extra ranking points and escaped a 0 if he plays Valencia. Instead he played Estoril. Feels :facepalm: atm.

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 06:47 AM
I personally had no idea that Monte Carlo counts in the requirement for 4 500s.

Because it is not mandatory Masters.These are the rules.

WHY O WHY didn't Soderling chose to play Monte Carlo? He lives there!

Robin is convenient to use this week to rest and prepare for the clay season.His chronic injures aggravated during the spring hard season and he needs time to recover.Otherwise, Robin will just die before Roland Garros.In addition, the clay in Monte Carlo is toooo slow and does not suit him well.:shrug:

Most tournaments 500 are inconvenient in a calendar :(

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.svd.se/sport/vissa-dagar-har-jag-sovit-16-timmar_6538195.svd

poor Robin...

sunzhewyq
10-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Ah well he's gonna have a total of four 0-pointers in his ranking as he has to count US Opens 0 and the 2 Masters 1000 0s as well.

I personally had no idea that Monte Carlo counts in the requirement for 4 500s. WHY O WHY didn't Soderling chose to play Monte Carlo? :facepalm: atm.

after the Shanghai Masters,he will have another 0 in his ranking...:p

as for Monte Carlo, Robin had a full calender for the whole year at that time and he can not image injuries and mono's coming

http://www.svd.se/sport/vissa-dagar-har-jag-sovit-16-timmar_6538195.svd

poor Robin...

although the news is not good,the picture on this article is perfect;)Can you find a bigger one?:worship:

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
One person (journalist) who is familiar with Robin, wrote now:

I've just talked to Söderling and would be very surprised if he comes to play in Stockholm Open. Sad but true.

MaxPower
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Because it is not mandatory Masters.These are the rules.

Yeah I know it isn't but that it counts as having played a 500 was new to me. The point structure in 1000s are also favorable if you got a first round bye like Robin has. He could have gone there, won 2 matches and still made decent points AND ticked off another of the 4 500s.

Rather skip Barcelona even but he should just skip Estoril and take that week as full rest before Madrid so he doesn't have all those weeks of consecutive tennis leading up to RG (as he played Dusseldorf too)

My dream schedule for 2012 definitely includes Monte Carlo. Why not. Ferrer reached the final and sucked in a nice 600p. Soderling could definitely done a result even on slow clay

after the Shanghai Masters,he will have another 0 in his ranking...:p

as for Monte Carlo, Robin had a full calender for the whole year at that time and he can not image injuries and mono's coming

You are right I didn't even think about that. Five 0s. Missed the chance to play for 5500 points. Even if he had averaged only QFs he would have made 180+180+360+90+180 points. I say he definitely missed out on about 700-1000 points. Even more probably

One person (journalist) who is familiar with Robin, wrote now:

I've just talked to Söderling and would be very surprised if he comes to play in Stockholm Open. Sad but true.

One part of me thinks Soderling will definitely NOT play unless he thinks he can win. He doesn't want to take a beating in front of the home crowd in a tournament where the money and points doesn't mean anything to him compared to the prestige.

Other part thinks just like he says that he could consider playing at 80% just to see where he stands and have some fun.

Must also not forget that he doesn't want to let his Thomas Johansson and the rest of the organizers down. He's played tournaments feeling bad before. I'm pretty sure Rosengren advices him not to play. Also he might have changed his policy to play feeling less than 100% now.

I just hope he doesn't wait all the way to Friday before he decides.

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article13757385.ab

MaxPower
10-10-2011, 03:19 PM
As he said he's never talked to Federer or Ancic. I think it would be a big big mistake to take the rest of the season off. Didn't help Ancic at all. Think he needs to try to work through despite being fatigued and it will get better. If he instead adapts for even more months to the life without hard practice he might never get back to his highest level again.

Also thought it was scary that almost 40 year old Bjorkman totally owned one of swedens best 16-year olds 6-2, 6-0. Wrote on twitter he thought they had bad technique, bad attitude and didn't have fun and it was tragic they were so far behind other juniors. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article13756384.ab

At least he's a good hitting partner for Soderling during the week...

Thomas Johansson is good at twitter too. First wildcard will be released today or tomorrow. Appearently also did "a incredibly good tennis session" with Robin a few days back. I say thats a good sign

AZ-12
10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
From the interview in aftonbladet that AgnRus linked to it sounds like a very small chance that Robin will play in Stockholm, well in accordance with the previous journalist quote. My impression was also that Robin gave very honset answers, and not so much diplomacy with regard to the SO organizers. A guess is that he has more or less written off the possibility for a start in SO and don't want to make his home-crowd fans too disappointed when he announces the inevitable later on.

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.svd.se/sport/det-forvanar-oerhort-om-soderling-spelar-stockholm-open_6539421.svd

AgnRus
10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
and one more article .. ..

http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2587375/soderling-forsoker-hitta-tillbaka-suget

MaxPower
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
and one more article .. ..

http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis/1.2587375/soderling-forsoker-hitta-tillbaka-suget

Good that he says he hasn't dropped any weight. Somehow kept up his appetite and maybe sneaked in some gym training. Photo could be from Båstad (Skistar was the main sponsor there, IF is the big SO sponsor) but he did look like his normal self when on TV the other day.

One less concern. Now get the energy back :(

sunzhewyq
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
someone(on the forum of Robin's official site)said
Robin is out of action for the rest of the season, according to trustworthy sources. Hopefully he will return after Christmas break. Tough !

DanaKz
10-12-2011, 07:01 AM
well... We saw it coming... :(

AgnRus
10-12-2011, 07:51 AM
To be honest I don't think so. Maybe he will not play until the end of the year, but it is unlikely that he had already decided not to play, when before Bercy is still almost a month.:shrug:

In any case,we will know soon.

MaxPower
10-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Dunno about this gone the rest of the season rumor. Saw Bjorkman and Johansson talking about Stockholm Open this very morning and they still sounded somewhat positive that he will be back playing in a few days much less missing the rest of the season. But yeah we will now for sure before friday

sunzhewyq
10-12-2011, 08:35 AM
OK,We will see....

Björki
10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
http://svtplay.se/v/2564005/tennis/bjorkman_och_johansson_infor_stockholm_open

Johansson/Björkman on TV.

any Swede around can check and tell us the news?

MaxPower
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
http://svtplay.se/v/2564005/tennis/bjorkman_och_johansson_infor_stockholm_open

Johansson/Björkman on TV.

any Swede around can check and tell us the news?

Yeah I got a very slow day at work so and already caught it in the morning. Only doing the highlights.

What are the odds of Soderling playing?
Johansson: Still hard to tell. Robin has had mono and had trouble for months. He's been at the Royal Tennis Hall practicing but you need to be careful. Only he himself can decide if he's ready or not.

I had Robin in my studio on Sunday and we talked, he said he didn't practice tennis for a month...How long does it take on this level before you are back at normal capacity?
Björkman: It could take time. On this level you recover fast however as you play so much. First week could be very tough but then it will move fast. But this is also very individual.

We know that Robin would love to play but how smart is that having had this sickness?
Johansson: Health comes in the first hand. Of course we want him to play but it can't be at any price. Robin will play 3,4,5 years more so if it doesn't work out this week we will respect that.

How late can the decision be?
We have very close contact with Robin, his agent and Rosengren but mainly it's himself that must decide when ready.

Then some discussion about the field. Monfils, Del Potro, (Björkman hyping up Delpo a little having him as favorite) They also got previous Stockholm winners to come as: Nalbandian, Blake, Baghdatis. Future stars as Raonic, Dimitrov. Explains that Federer gave them very good signs early in the year but as his results was bad during clay season and he lost ground in the race he didn't want to play much in the autumn.

They intend to go after one of the top3 for next year and think they got a great chance. Djokovic was in Bastad and looked this year and liked what he saw. (those crazy bastards, always wanting to keep Soderling away from winning Stockholm just because they both have won it themselves and want to have some small edge on him :D )
Then some discussion about the future of swedish tennis.

Björki
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you MaxPower :worship:

MaxPower
10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Some more Johansson quotes to TT:

– Robin doesn't play the first match until Wednesday or Thursday, so in principle he could wait until then

- It's already sold out from Wednesday to Sunday. Tennis is popular in Sweden and we have a strong and broad starting field.

So doesn't really matter to the organizers if he withdraws in terms of ticket sales. But also hints that Söderling might not give a decision before the main draw is out

Ausie
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Robin will not play Stockholm:(

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/if-stockholm-open/2011/ingen-robin-i-stockholm_sto2988334/story.shtml

sunzhewyq
10-13-2011, 05:08 PM
from the twitter of If Stockholm Open
@RSoderling tvingas tacka nej till #IfSthlmOpen i år då han ännu inte tillfrisknat från sin körtelfeber.

Robin will not play...

AgnRus
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
:'(

DanaKz
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
:sad:

MaxPower
10-13-2011, 05:55 PM
booooo. Stockholm Open just got less interesting. At least Monfils and Del Potro are confirmed to start.

think all the practice was good for Robin anyway. I still hope he can play Valencia

Ausie
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
booooo. Stockholm Open just got less interesting. At least Monfils and Del Potro are confirmed to start.Monfils probably OUT too.

AgnRus
10-14-2011, 04:12 AM
From FB

"I'm extremely disappointed and sad right now. Playing in Stockholm is very special for me and it’s a title I still miss and dream about. I made an attempt to train, but my body just could not do it. I felt worse after practice and so had to make a tough decision to not play in Stockholm. I have to think long term and plan to play tennis for years to come. I believe the best days are in front of me. I will do everything I can to get through this difficult time and come back stronger and more motivated than ever."

Looks like there is no chance for Valencia / Bercy. He can't even train regularly, what can I say.:sadface:

Very, very sad.
Get well Robin, we'll wait.

DanaKz
10-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Get well soon Robin :hug:

AgnRus
10-14-2011, 06:38 AM
https://www.flashback.org/t1684438

I can't believe people are seriously discussing this. So stupid.

sunzhewyq
10-14-2011, 07:17 AM
https://www.flashback.org/t1684438

I can't believe people are seriously discussing this. So stupid.

:hug:woohoo,so funny....rumours are everywhere..."No Rumour,No Superstar!":p

Don't misunderstood...:)

DanaKz
10-14-2011, 10:06 AM
What was that? Don't see anything

AgnRus
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
What was that? Don't see anything

threads merged

https://www.flashback.org/t242918p5

from #54

DanaKz
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Already saw this crap in General Message. :facepalm:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former (c, Einstein)

sunzhewyq
10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Robin hasn't played a single match since July..People will suspect many kinds of reasons,such as positive test result and maybe drugs..

Believe it or not, I don't care...these rumours will be clear when robin continues his tournament.

Btw,Dana,what does 'BS' mean??

DanaKz
10-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Btw,Dana,what does 'BS' mean??

:lol: Bullshit :)

MaxPower
10-14-2011, 12:13 PM
One reason I don't hang that much on certain swedish forums anymore. People just invent stuff and post it as a rumors. No sources but if enough people re-post something or start discuss it some harm can still be made.

As I said in the mainboards he would be thrown to the wolves in no time. No point even discuss it because it's so stupid.

Only 2 weeks to Valencia so I hope he keeps practicing and tries to get the energy back. Not gonna help throwing in the towel for the season. Only gonna make it harder to comeback in january. Work work work is the only way

sunzhewyq
10-14-2011, 12:14 PM
:lol: Bullshit :)

:bs:haha

AgnRus
10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
the season is already over for Robin, he withdraws from Bercy.

sunzhewyq
10-16-2011, 03:07 AM
the season is already over for Robin, he withdraws from Bercy.

Sure?:eek:i checked this,but it showed nothing...http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/entry-list/13050-atp-entry-list-7-13-novembre-2011.html

AgnRus
10-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Sure?:eek:i checked this,but it showed nothing...http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/entry-list/13050-atp-entry-list-7-13-novembre-2011.html

His agent has confirmed that. Is that enough?

MaxPower
10-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Ah well it's time to stop hoping and just pray that he will be back to his old self at all. Not even in the darkest nightmares it seemed this would happen by July. Right there and then 5-6 titles and a top8 finish looked like a lock. He is not the first one to get hit by setbacks like this while being in top shape. Del Potro comes to mind too and his wrist injury right when he was about to go into domination mode. But I think Robin knows that his fans are waiting for his return and everyone has been asking him all the time the past weeks as he said. One reason he cancels the season is probably just that he doesn't want to let his fans down anymore and also take that burden off himself and just work in peace to get back.

And how odd is it that Fidde Rosengren was the coach of both Ancic and Söderling? Two of the most severe mono cases I have seen in sports let alone tennis and just a few years between. Now there you got a conspiracy theory. What is he doing to them :eek:

Sadly there won't be much to post about here now. As most understand he is doomed in the rankings now dropping all his points from the end of the season including the 1k from Paris. If he fails in Brisbane, AO and Rotterdam+Marseilles he could be down to about 30 or lower in the rankings....that must not happen

At least I can comfort myself with that there will be one swede in London. Good old Lindstedt who is quite the doubles player and of course also played a little with Robin once upon a time and made a Båstad final. He even hoped to sneak in a Stockholm start but as Robin can't play and Björkman wasn't interested in a little comeback there is no swedish hope in Stockholm either. Very sad.

In the end 2012 can be really fun anyway just from the fact that it's gonna be a climb once again. Climbing is always more fun than falling :yeah:

sunzhewyq
10-16-2011, 07:44 AM
His agent has confirmed that. Is that enough?
yep,enough..:)

But I think Robin knows that his fans are waiting for his return and everyone has been asking him all the time the past weeks as he said. One reason he cancels the season is probably just that he doesn't want to let his fans down anymore and also take that burden off himself and just work in peace to get back.

Hope he can think like these....;)

And how odd is it that Fidde Rosengren was the coach of both Ancic and Söderling? Two of the most severe mono cases I have seen in sports let alone tennis and just a few years between. Now there you got a conspiracy theory. What is he doing to them :eek:
it must be a coincidence,i think....although it is none of his business..

In the end 2012 can be really fun anyway just from the fact that it's gonna be a climb once again. Climbing is always more fun than falling :yeah:
haha,we will see....:D

nalbyfan
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Is it because of mononucleosis or because his wrist injury ? Sad to see he'll miss Master. bad luck

AgnRus
10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Is it because of mononucleosis or because his wrist injury ? Sad to see he'll miss Master. bad luck
because of mono...

sunzhewyq
10-20-2011, 05:07 PM
it is not a piece of news at all...out of Pairs.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/500/200.jpg

AgnRus
10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Robin could play with Yonex (racket) from 2012 (just a rumor so far).

It's sad if true, I can't imagine him with another racket.
since he parted ways with IMG, his case is not too good :(

sunzhewyq
10-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Yonex???????!!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!!

Too many troublesomes.....

DanaKz
10-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Robin could play with Yonex (racket) from 2012 (just a rumor so far).

It's sad if true, I can't imagine him with another racket.
since he parted ways with IMG, his case is not too good :(

O_o

MaxPower
10-21-2011, 10:39 AM
it is not a piece of news at all...out of Pairs.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/data/500/200.jpg

Love the "Soderling out of Paris Masters; ATP World Tour Finals place in doubt. People say I'm optimistic :)

And no he shouldn't switch racket. Played the best tennis of his career in the last tournament he did. Shouldn't change a thing! Use the same socks even. But wash them

henke007
10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Just saw an interview with Robin's agent and she was asked how Robin is feeling right now. She said that its not well at all. Some days its ok but other days he's in bed. He is just resting and not doing any training of any kind. If Robin returns he will not be in any kind of competitive form untill 2013 season, so sad.

Looks to be another Ancic case, unfkinbelievable unlycky.

AgnRus
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM

If Robin returns he will not be in any kind of competitive form untill 2013 season, so sad.

is this from Nina or from you?

sunzhewyq
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
People say I'm optimistic :)
Use the same socks even. But wash them
:lol::haha::nerner:

If Robin returns he will not be in any kind of competitive form untill 2013 season, so sad.

Looks to be another Ancic case, unfkinbelievable unlycky.

:tears:No,please....

henke007
10-21-2011, 05:55 PM

is this from Nina or from you?

Well just see how long it has taken Delpo to comeback and Mono is tricky, it might comeback to haunt Robin. Delpo had a surgery and the dr said now you will be fine in this amount of time etc etc..

And Robin will also get harder Draws with his new ranking..

I mean he won't compete for top 8 next year with logic. Offcourse the most important thing is that he can play tennis again at all but still its hard to take, its so sad.

AgnRus
10-21-2011, 06:33 PM
henke007, I agree.
but actually nothing new. The fact that he had already withdrawn from Bercy means his health became worse and he stopped training.

Robin just needs time to recover.A couple of months (maybe even more) without training at all. Attempt to be ready for Stockholm was in vain, his body is not ready yet :(

MaxPower
10-22-2011, 07:58 AM
yeah ofc he got worse or he'd never withdrawn so fast from the rest of the season.

Now it's getting weird if you compare Ancic to Soderling just a tiny bit

Same age, turned pro the same year. Almost the same height, same coach, live at the same place. Both played with problems for a while before it was discovered. In bed more than a month etc

But yeah it struck Mario a bit earlier. Hopefully it ends better for Robin

sunzhewyq
10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
yeah ofc he got worse or he'd never withdrawn so fast from the rest of the season.

Now it's getting weird if you compare Ancic to Soderling just a tiny bit

Same age, turned pro the same year. Almost the same height, same coach, live at the same place. Both played with problems for a while before it was discovered. In bed more than a month etc

But yeah it struck Mario a bit earlier. Hopefully it ends better for Robin

:sad:too many "sames"

cristalmeister
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
C'mon Robin!

MaxPower
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
With todays results it's clear that Robin ends 2011 ranked 13th in the world (unless Gasquet/Lopez pulls a miracle). Not too bad as he missed almost half a season.

Gonna be a lot of players around 2k points at the start of next year...

AgnRus
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Start of the season 2012 in danger for Robin :sad:

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/soderling-fortfarande-sjuk_sto3027207/story.shtml

Awfully, just awfully :sad:

sunzhewyq
11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I cannot stand any more...if it is true,I want to talk dirty!!!
:mad::mad::fiery::fiery::fiery:

AgnRus
11-14-2011, 01:46 PM
I cannot stand any more...if it is true,I want to talk dirty!!!
:mad::mad::fiery::fiery::fiery:

Of course, it's true,do you think Nina is lying?? :(

sunzhewyq
11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Of course, it's true,do you think Nina is lying?? :(

No.i mean many words like "uncertain"s made me not sure it was true or not...but according to the news these days, i should accept that nightmare..

MaxPower
11-16-2011, 07:47 AM
hmmm. It's worrying. Practicing tennis on court isn't THAT exhausting. I mean if he can't even be on court and play some relaxed practice then it's pretty bad. It's been 6 months soon. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long for "normal" mono recovery even for a bad case.

Hope it isn't something like this:

Mononucleosis sometimes leads to a serious condition called chronic active EBV infection, which is characterized by persistent illness more than six months after the initial mononucleosis diagnosis.

source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mononucleosis/AN01375

AgnRus
11-16-2011, 09:15 AM
He received his diagnosis in september, right? Consequently, he started receiving proper treatment in september. Yes, he is absent nearly half of the year, but at first it was for other reasons, don't forget it.