Group B
Roger Federer (SUI)
Robin Soderling (SWE)
Andy Murray (GBR)
David Ferrer (ESP)

ORDER OF PLAY

SUNDAY, 21 NOVEMBER, 2010

CENTRE COURT Start At 12:15 PM
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [8] J Melzer (AUT) / P Petzschner (GER)
Not Before 2:00 PM
[4] R Soderling (SWE) vs [5] A Murray (GBR)
Start At 6:15 PM
[4] L DLouhy (CZE) / L Paes (IND) vs [6] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)
Not Before 8:00 PM
[2] R Federer (SUI) vs [7] D Ferrer (ESP)

Carol96
11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Goooo Ferru!

Yikes - What a horrid draw :( Rafa's is much better!

OK, I *know* that any draw wouldn't be easy. Suppose at least it wasn't Rafa, Roger and David though!

Right - a bit of positive thinking here. :wavey:

He gets Roger first. Roger is not quite the Roger of a couple of years ago.

Soderling is very strong right now, but he may be tired after Paris plus David has beaten him on hardcourt.

David has beaten Murray this year (twice if I am correct).

David comes to this with a nice bit of rest, nothing to defend and everything to go for and even more telling, an upbeat attitude: "Estoy en un buen momento físico, este año he jugado menos torneos que en los últimos dos o tres años. Es muy bonito volver al 'Top 10" (I think he's saying he's in great condition, has played fewer tourneys than the last couple of years (therefore implying he's less tired perhaps?)and it's nice to get back to the top 10 - (nothing to do with tuna :-p ))

Sommarsverige
11-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I am also not too happy with his group, but he really has nothing to loose and I count on Ali to cheer for him very loudly ;) :yeah:

I am already very excited for the match against Roger & I am so happy it will be on sunday evening :bounce:

Vamosssssss David :yippee:

11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Vamos to David :) I'm just glad he made it there so we get to see him play again :D

Eden
11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Interview with David before the start of the WTF

http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1701171,00.html

Sommarsverige
11-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Very nice interview :hearts: :yeah:

Thanks so much for posting it here, Doris :hug:

Carol96
11-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Wonderful - I always enjoy David's interviews, he's always so modest. He has a lovely voice!

Edda
11-21-2010, 01:49 PM
The match between David and Roger will be great. I look forward to seeing it!

cobalt60
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh boy..............................Not much to say really. Those low bounce slices.

11-22-2010, 08:31 AM
David :sad: But we knew he had a bad draw from the beginning :tears:

Sommarsverige
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I still think he played better than the result shows...

Good luck for the next match, David :yeah:

Ali, I hope you had a great time anyway :) Looking forward to hear about your day ;)

Carol96
11-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I still think he played better than the result shows...

Good luck for the next match, David :yeah:

Ali, I hope you had a great time anyway :) Looking forward to hear about your day ;)

I agree with this: even Roger said so...
“I thought it was a tough match,” admitted Federer. “Looking at the score line, it doesn't reflect how tough it was. There were many close games, especially in the second set. Possibly the first set could have gone faster, too."

But I think David was nervous and he didn't get off to a good start which is not a good thing against Roger :sad:

Ah well - first match out of the way - hope David he finds his mojo now..... :) Whatever happens, he's still one of the world's best players - which given the talent out there isn't a mean feat at all!!

Good Luck David.....

Edda
11-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Good luck to you David in today's match. Ferru fought hard against Roger and it was a good match. It was hard to see two of my favorites play each other. Beat Soderling today, Ferru!

cobalt60
11-23-2010, 11:27 PM
:awww:

ariel2
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Damn..:( This will be hard to watch on replay tonight.

Carol96
11-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Poor David - he's having one rough ride.... that was a really tough match.:( However, if he beats Murray, I think there's a chance he could still go through... just got to hope, eh? ;)

He needs a bigggg hug I think!

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow all you folks in the US :wavey:

Ad Wim
11-24-2010, 04:13 PM
He is taking no rest after WTF, playing 2 exhos before the end of the year. That's stupid...

ariel2
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I finally saw the match. This was really a sad loss for Ferru because Soderling, though serving well, was not sharp in his volleying or his forehand. Ferru had a real shot to get the 2nd set to a tiebreak but a netcord went against him in his final service game and that may have played negatively on him. He took his foot off the gas and it was over.

I hate to see him screaming in frustration and biting his shirt. But that's how it is for him against the top 5.

I hope he can beat Murray for his own well being.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes Carol.

Sommarsverige
11-24-2010, 10:14 PM
:sad: :sad:

Hope he can beat Murray tomorrow :worship:

Edda
11-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Poor Ferru! He's having such a hard time. It hurt me to see him so upset.

Carol96
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
He is taking no rest after WTF, playing 2 exhos before the end of the year. That's stupid...

Which ones? Is he at Seville with Charly Moya?

I can only suppose that David knows his fitness best, but yeah, surely he needs some down-time and R+R...:rolleyes:

So hope he can beat Murray this evening:it's not as if he can't do it - he's beaten Murray twice this year (OK, on clay) and if Murray plays like he did against Federer...

He absolutely needs this win, not just for a chance of going through to the semis, but for his own self-confidence and plus he'll be the only one to not win a RR match which would be so sad as it really, really does not reflect David's talent...

So sad that match against Robin Soderling... yes Edda, it's horrible to see him so frustrated and upset with himself. I always want to rush over and give him a huge hug ;-) (not that he'd thank me for it I daresay, hee, hee)

Edda
11-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I really started liking Ferru after his come from behind victory in the Davis Cup final against Radek Stepanek. Ferru just seems like a very nice guy. He and Juan Carlos Ferrero are both very nice.

Sommarsverige
11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
David lost 2:6, 2:6 to Murray :sad: :sad:

Well, this was surely not his best week, but he played a fantastic season and I am glad he will have at least a few days off until he plays the exhibition tournaments ;)

Edda
11-26-2010, 02:35 AM
While I'm sad that Ferru didn't do well in London, I have to remember how excited I was when he qualified. He is a good player and a nice guy, and I wish him the best next year.

Carol96
11-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Oww, that was painful... whatever David did, it just wasn't enough. I have to admit I was in tears at the end :sobbing::sad: - David sort of gets to you like that... at risk of repeating myself, I absolutely adore him! :D

Yes, he can still look back on a super year - and better still, a consistent one. It's not easy when there's just so much talent out there with Rafa and Roger and Novak, and yes, I've got to include Andy M and Robin S too, I suppose :-s

From what I can make out from his site (my Spanish is nonexistent - thank you Google), he's signed up to play the same tournaments in 2011, so hurray for that!! :bigclap:

"David has told us that "sign" and "pay" to return to make next year the same season that culminates in which again placed among the eight best in the world. "Since I signed on to redo the same season. Come on, pay for it," said David who, at 28, ended the year as number seven in the world ranking." "David nos ha dicho que "firmaría" y "pagaría" por volver a hacer el próximo año la misma temporada que culmina ahora, en la que volvió a situarse entre los ocho mejores del mundo. "Ya firmaba yo por volver a hacer la misma temporada. Vamos, pagaría por ello", dijo David que, a sus 28 años, cerró el curso como número siete en el ránking mundial."

Auckland will be with us before we know it, hee, hee!

Edda
11-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I hope David can continue the good work he's done this year! I loved seeing him at the year end championships, and am enjoying the successes of Rafa and Roger this year as well.

ariel2
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
He had very little fight in that last match against Murray. He was bouncing around but the intensity was a notch lower - very little visible anger, self-admonishment, or racket throwing. Before anyone takes offense, that's what he does when his heart and soul are involved and he's not playing up to his standards. And he often needs that to turn his matches around.

From his post match presser:

“I thought Andy played a very good match,” admitted Ferrer, who finished the week with three straight-sets defeats. “I served very bad all this week. And with these players, [it] is very difficult. If I don't serve good, [it] is difficult. I don't think I was focused in the match with Andy. I tried my best. But today I had a lot of problems, physically, mentality. [It] is difficult to play with these guys. If I am not perfect, 100 per cent, [it] is impossible.”

He's actually taking a short vacation - looks like it'll be only 10 days or so. :rolleyes: Bilbao and another Spanish event calling. As the commies said about Ferrer during his match with Murray: Tennis is what he does - he doesn't do movie premiers and have celebrity girlfriends - he's all about the tennis.

Hope he can maintain the #7 spot next year.

cobalt60
11-26-2010, 10:06 PM
^^ thanks for the quote:yeah: And I agree with your views.

alisia
11-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi :wavey:

I must admit every time I saw David on the practice courts he seemed very relaxed, he & his hitting partner (Verdasco :p) were both smiling and looking like they were enjoying themselves but during his matches David was very subdued :awww:

Carol96
11-27-2010, 10:56 AM
He had very little fight in that last match against Murray. He was bouncing around but the intensity was a notch lower - very little visible anger, self-admonishment, or racket throwing. Before anyone takes offense, that's what he does when his heart and soul are involved and he's not playing up to his standards. And he often needs that to turn his matches around.

From his post match presser:

“I thought Andy played a very good match,” admitted Ferrer, who finished the week with three straight-sets defeats. “I served very bad all this week. And with these players, [it] is very difficult. If I don't serve good, [it] is difficult. I don't think I was focused in the match with Andy. I tried my best. But today I had a lot of problems, physically, mentality. [It] is difficult to play with these guys. If I am not perfect, 100 per cent, [it] is impossible.”

He's actually taking a short vacation - looks like it'll be only 10 days or so. :rolleyes: Bilbao and another Spanish event calling. As the commies said about Ferrer during his match with Murray: Tennis is what he does - he doesn't do movie premiers and have celebrity girlfriends - he's all about the tennis.

Hope he can maintain the #7 spot next year.

I doubt anyone here will take offence, Ariel :wavey: - it's part and parcel of what makes David such a wonderful player to watch. And his emotions make him more human, if folks see what I mean. I mean, anyone want to watch an emotionless robot? No, didn't think so :D

Glad he's taking some time out - Lord, he deserves to go and lie on a beach with a bag of books and a cocktail! (Not sure I can see him staying still for too long though!)

I mean after Bilbao and Seville, it will just about be Christmas (and I believe he has been known to train on Christmas Day!!! OK, I know Christmas Eve is the big day in Spain, but even so...):rolleyes:

Ad Wim
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Still, I'd prefer he took a month rest. Not 10 days, then some weeks of exhos and then another week. Then you're not taking your mind of tennis, and I think he should.
But maybe it's okay, we'll see.

Sommarsverige
11-29-2010, 11:54 AM
I also agree with your views, ariel :)

I really hope he can relax during the few days off he has...surely it would have been better for David to take some longer holiday, but I also think he is this kind of working person and maybe doesn´t feel too comfortable doing nothing for a longer time ;)

Looking forward to the new tennis season with hopefully more great results from our boy ;)

cobalt60
11-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I also agree with your views, ariel :)

I really hope he can relax during the few days off he has...surely it would have been better for David to take some longer holiday, but I also think he is this kind of working person and maybe doesn´t feel too comfortable doing nothing for a longer time ;)

Looking forward to the new tennis season with hopefully more great results from our boy ;)

Hear hear!

Edda
11-30-2010, 02:35 AM
David did very well this year! Enjoy your holiday, Ferru, and be fresh and rested for 2011!

ariel2
11-30-2010, 06:07 PM
I like the two quotations on humor Sue. Victor Borge was an absolute riot to watch.

I also think he is this kind of working person and maybe doesn´t feel too comfortable doing nothing for a longer time

I would add that he a working person who loves his job. Makes it even harder to do nothing for a longer time. ;)

iramlatif
12-02-2010, 09:41 PM
hi, i know i am new here but I came across this link. I know some Ferrer fans might enjoy parts of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhUcgN2sWmk&feature=player_embedded

ariel2
12-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forum Iramlatif. That video gave me a laugh. You can see who the personalities are.

Ferrer had no problem giving the name of the first girl he kissed unlike some of the others. Rafa and Roger on that one (lol)

Carol96
12-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha!!! Oh you guys!!! This was so funny! I loved all Andy R's replies (a real dry humour there) and Nole also! Perhaps a bit unfair as he didn't feature much, but Berdy seems to have the least personality

I particularly liked Andy Murray - I'm not telling you! and Nole - my bags would be outside!! and Andy R - she's moved on to something better! Oh Rafa - I'm sure Xisca would forgive you!

Oh David - that cracked me up! Straight out with a shy smile - Catalina! Bet she remembers him! And he's scared of snakes, awwww!

Thank you iramlatif! :wavey:

Pirata.
12-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Tennis is what he does - he doesn't do movie premiers and have celebrity girlfriends - he's all about the tennis.

This is one thing I really like about David. Verdasco is my second favourite player but sometimes he frustrates me because it feels like he isn't always focussed on tennis (like right now when he's more focused on his model girlfriend and his dreams of acting :o) David is just the opposite, he is low-key and works hard and that's something I really love and respect about him :hug:

Carol96
12-07-2010, 08:11 AM
David is just the opposite, he is low-key and works hard and that's something I really love and respect about him :hug:

Yes, that sums up David very nicely - he's totally "what you see is what you get" :wavey:

I don't think I've ever seen anything about him in the "gossipy / celebrity" press like Hola! or Diez Minutas :confused: (But I admit I am glad he did the Elle photoshoots ;):devil: *drool*)

ariel2
12-07-2010, 05:53 PM
This is one thing I really like about David. Verdasco is my second favourite player but sometimes he frustrates me because it feels like he isn't always focussed on tennis (like right now when he's more focused on his model girlfriend and his dreams of acting :o) David is just the opposite, he is low-key and works hard and that's something I really love and respect about him :hug:

Nando has dreams of acting? :eek: "Gladiator II" anyone? I think every guy in the Armada would want a starring role in that one- even Ferru. He loves the movie. Ferru has the build of Russell Crowe but they'd have to stack his shoes to get the height up to par. :D

Sommarsverige
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes, that sums up David very nicely - he's totally "what you see is what you get" :wavey:

I don't think I've ever seen anything about him in the "gossipy / celebrity" press like Hola! or Diez Minutas :confused: (But I admit I am glad he did the Elle photoshoots ;):devil: *drool*)

I also have to say that I like these things a lot about David :hearts: But still I think he also should enjoy his life and not just think about tennis...I guess he is a real workaholic and needs it (like we discussed earlier), but I think it can also be too much (like practicing on christmas eve even when you are at home with your family)...I really think there should be a middle way.

And I definitely won´t judge Fer, because he does lots of things outside tennis. He is young and enjoying his life, it´s totally human.

And btw, of course I am also glad David did the Elle photoshoot :drool: Though I wouldn´t mind seeing a pic of him like Fer and Tommy did, for the good cause of course ;) :p

Pirata.
12-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Even Feli has done a nude shot :drool: I wonder if we'll ever get one of David...

Edda
12-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Ferru was so sweet and cute!

Carol96
12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Ferru has the build of Russell Crowe but they'd have to stack his shoes to get the height up to par. :D

:eek: Heeee, heeeee, heeee....:D awwww - that makes me want to give him a big hug!

Didin't know where to post this as it's not to to with the ATP WTF, but David won in Seville last night 7-6(6), 6-3!!! VAMOS FERRUUUU! :worship: (Apparently it's quite a prestigious tourney.)

A shame he had to be against Carlos Moya in his last event, though :sad:. I like Carlos and would have liked to see him win here (but I must admit, not to beat David...)David will next play either Albert Montañes or Pablo Andujar. Oh and Nico lost to Marcel (Marcel's doing very well - one to watch next year?)

Here's the link for info, scores are posted under "cuadro":
http://www.rfet.es/es_competicion_enjuego.html

ariel2
12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Carol. I'm glad his last match was against David as the latter was not at the ATP tribute to Moya in London. Great first set apparently -7-6. Yes, a difficult match for both.

What's so :eek: about what I posted about David? What he doesn't have in height he makes up for in build. :wavey: He'd make a great Gladiator.

Carol96
12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
What's so :eek: about what I posted about David? What he doesn't have in height he makes up for in build. :wavey: He'd make a great Gladiator.

I guess that's where emoticons can go wrong - no insult to you or Ferru intended! Just the thought of David in built up shoes is funny...

Yes, he would make a very good Gladiator (and is in fact the tennis equivalent... ;))

He'd also be great in some of the Lord of the Rings parts (with longer hair). My favourite is for Aragorn with his determined jaw and never say die attitude! (But I expect Fernando would want that part, hee, hee!)

OK, to complete (and be silly on a Saturday morning)my picks from the rest of the Armarda are:
Feli = Legolas
Rafa = Faramir
Fer = Boromir
Tommy = Elrond
Juan Carlos = Celeborn

Can't think of roles for Nico or Marcel right now...

and moving on, Ivo Karlovic and John Isner could be Ents at 6ft 10 / 6 ft 9 :D (I was going to add Robin Soderling for Saruman, but I take that back, as I think his attitude has improved this year).

:wavey:

Carol96
12-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Yey!!!
David won that National Masters 6-3 6-4 vs Marcel G!!! :worship: :worship: Yes - the ultimate and complete package and in compact but deadly format!*

Truly a Master.... and a truly underrated one... Mucho suerte for the Ferru-express in 2011 (OK, I made that up, but what the heck! ;))

Just have to find some vids of it now... :confused: Can anyone help?

* can I find him under my tree on Christmas morning plz???? :):):):cool:

Ad Wim
12-13-2010, 07:28 AM
So what will his schedule be like?

Week off
Auckland
Australian Open
Australian Open
Johannesburg?
Rotterdam
Buenos Aires
Acapulco

That would be very busy with no week off after AO and a lot of travelling...

Edda
12-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Congratulations, Ferru on your win in Sevilla!

alisia
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
from the finals :) I'll post more once I've resized them :D

alisia
11-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Oops just realised I never posted my pictures from last year :stupid: I'm going again this year & I promise to post my pictures this year :cool:

cobalt60
11-14-2011, 09:47 PM
:armed: you better :lol:

Edda
11-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Personally, I don't think David, at 5' 9" is all that little. As I am only 4' 11 1/2," a 5' 9" man would be about right for me.

Sommarsverige
11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Can´t wait for next week to start :bounce: :bounce:

Ali, already looking forward to your pics :yeah:

If I find time, I will also still post a few of my Valencia pics! ;)

iramlatif
11-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Oops just realised I never posted my pictures from last year :stupid: I'm going again this year & I promise to post my pictures this year :cool:

You're so lucky! Enjoy yourself and have fun :)

Sommarsverige
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes, Ali, have a wonderful time :yeah:

Which days will you go? And support David for us as well :bounce:

alisia
11-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes, Ali, have a wonderful time :yeah:

Which days will you go? And support David for us as well :bounce:

I'm there Sun-Thurs afternoon session which means I will see David play twice :)As always I will do my best to look after David :p

Edda
11-17-2011, 01:56 AM
How exciting for you! I would love to see David play!

Mae
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
How exciting for you! I would love to see David play!

Make that two of us ;) But I guess those that are lucky enough to go will be cheering for all of us :)

Edda
11-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Good luck, Ferru! I hope David does well in London!

nalbyfan
11-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Hope he can beat Muzza...vamos David

Edda
11-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Good luck, Ferru!

emotion
11-20-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't have high hopes :/

Edda
11-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Good luck, tomorrow, Ferru!

cobalt60
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice going dude and in 2 sets.

Antoshka
11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Who - anyone know who judged the match Ferrer - Murray ? :)

Mae
11-21-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm in shock :eek: But very happy for David :) I like both players so those are always hard on me, but I have to admit I didn't see that one coming!

alisia
11-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Great match from David today he stayed aggressive all match:)

The umpire was Steve Ulrich

Antoshka
11-22-2011, 12:41 AM
The umpire was Steve Ulrich

Thank you :D

Edda
11-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Congratulations, Ferru! You did it-in straight sets. I hated when the commentators kept going on about how little David Ferrer is. They also called him a "grinder," as if that's a bad thing. To me, that means he's tough and never gives up.

I thought I saw Juanqui in the stands-or am I mistaken?

Mae
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM
David is tough and I think he is the best fighter on the Tour. He is always trying 100% no matter what the score is. But in this age of large tennis players David's lack of size does stand out so that is why they talk about it so much. To me it just also proves how well David can really play tennis. I think that is a fact that gets overlooked far too often :sad:

emotion
11-22-2011, 02:01 AM
He can go 3-0. Djokovic's 80 MPH serve will get murdered by Pics and Berdych can be a ballbashing choker

ariel2
11-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Very proud of David. Murray's serve percentage was way off but all credit to Ferru for keeping a positive attitude throughout and running all of Andy's lame drop shots down. He continues to impress me at net.

Mae
11-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Very proud of David. Murray's serve percentage was way off but all credit to Ferru for keeping a positive attitude throughout and running all of Andy's lame drop shots down. He continues to impress me at net.

Hi ariel2 :wavey: I think David is very good at the net. I wish Andy wasn't hurt so it could have been a better Match!

ariel2
11-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi ariel2 :wavey: I think David is very good at the net. I wish Andy wasn't hurt so it could have been a better Match!

Hi Mae. Welcome back to the forum. :):)

Mae
11-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Hi Mae. Welcome back to the forum. :):)

nalbyfan
11-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Hope he can beat this arrogant Nole
Vamos David

Mae
11-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Hope he can beat this arrogant Nole
Vamos David

I agree, but I think that would be a big upset! Of course, I would be more than happy if David could pull it off ;) Vamos David :)

cobalt60
11-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Great match for David so far!! He is playing like a man possessed and in the zone.

Mae
11-23-2011, 09:32 PM
GSM David :woohoo: He won :yippee: :dance: :banana: :rocker: :aparty:

cobalt60
11-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Great match. Hopefully our at the scene reporter will do a review;)

ariel2
11-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Novak seemed out of sorts but who cares - David served well today, took the initiative, and kept himself composed. He usually throws in one or two clunker games in his matches but not today. Very very pleased that Ferru has made the semi-finals. :worship:

cobalt60
11-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Novak seemed out of sorts but who cares - David served well today, took the initiative, and kept himself composed. He usually throws in one or two clunker games in his matches but not today. Very very pleased that Ferru has made the semi-finals. :worship:

ME TOO! :banana: I always get nervous a bit when he is serving for the match or set but hey he did not fold :woohoo:

Mae
11-23-2011, 10:30 PM

I'm so happy for him I could :crying2:

alisia
11-23-2011, 11:17 PM
ME TOO! :banana: I always get nervous a bit when he is serving for the match or set but hey he did not fold :woohoo:

:worship: our boy was awesome :worship:

I've just got back from the O2 & I saw the last game through my fingers whilst hiding behind my boi :p

Novak was obviously not 100% but unlike Berdych the other night David didn't take his foot off his throat :devil:

cobalt60
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Ali you are ace:p I saw the match on TV and was so impressed. And at the end he wrote Xabi on the tv camera :lol: The last point by Novak was an on purpose miss I think and so did David. His face up close at the end was a WTF moment:lol:

alisia
11-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Ali you are ace:p I saw the match on TV and was so impressed. And at the end he wrote Xabi on the tv camera :lol: The last point by Novak was an on purpose miss I think and so did David. His face up close at the end was a WTF moment:lol:

Tbh Djokovic gave up in the last game it was only David's nerves kicking in that gave him a couple of points

I have also lost my voice from all the screaming I did :o

Pictures will be up when I get home over the weekend :)

Naudio Spanlatine
11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
VAMOS FEVERERR!:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Pirata.
11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
And at the end he wrote Xabi on the tv camera :lol:

I think it was Xabia, for his hometown :)

cobalt60
11-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I think it was Xabia, for his hometown :)

I missed all those letters; thanks then. Ariel if you are around here is your answer:yeah:

Edda
11-24-2011, 02:11 AM
Congratulations, David! You beat both Murray and Djoko in straight sets and you're in the semis! I can't wait until Saturday! Vamos, Ferru!

Edda
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
They don't call Ferru the pit bull for nothing. He's a tough fellow who works hard and never gives up. That's one of the many things I like about him. I am working up a major case of "Ferru Fever."

iramlatif
11-24-2011, 02:21 AM
loved the match. :) awesome victory. On to the semi-finals.

Edda
11-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Wow! Ferru has had quite a year! In a week, Davis Cup! If I were a commentator, I'd have fun with all the Davids and the Juans in that competition!

ariel2
11-24-2011, 03:24 AM
I missed all those letters; thanks then. Ariel if you are around here is your answer:yeah:

He wrote Xabi, not Xabia, no? But I could have missed a letter as well. :) Whether he honored his coach or his hometown, either is fine with me.

iramlatif
11-24-2011, 03:57 AM
I also wanted to wish everyone here (who does celebrate it) Happy Thanksgiving. :) Have a great day with all your family and friends.

I am also thankful for Ferrer's hair, and eyes! ;)

alisia
11-24-2011, 09:17 AM

He always writes Xabi on the camera, it's his nephews name :)

iramlatif
11-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Just curious, do u mean his brothers son? I hope u're having a blast watching the matches. :)

cobalt60
11-24-2011, 01:11 PM
He wrote Xabi, not Xabia, no? But I could have missed a letter as well. :) Whether he honored his coach or his hometown, either is fine with me.
Well that makes 3 of us who thought it was Xabi. This is sort of like that game "telephone" :lol: I will take Ali's reasoning as I did not know his nephew's name. Cute in every way though.
I also wanted to wish everyone here (who does celebrate it) Happy Thanksgiving. :) Have a great day with all your family and friends.

And to you and everyone else here who celebrates. I am looking forward to eating but not the cooking and especially not the clean up ;)
Thanks Ali! Did not know his nephew's name. And yes it is his brother's son Iramlatif.

nalbyfan
11-24-2011, 01:22 PM
HAPPY, Vamos Ferru, you deserve to win a big title why not Master ??

Pirata.
11-25-2011, 05:05 AM
It's definitely Xabia ;)

http://i39.tinypic.com/15ro77d.gif

Is his little nephew's name really Xabi/Xavi/Javi? That's got to be confusing if it is, his brother, his coach AND his nephew? :lol:

Mae
11-25-2011, 05:53 AM
I'm so proud of Pics :bowdown: Vamos David :woohoo: (I love the way the name David is said in Spanish. My husband is named David so I will use the Spanish version of the name as best I can at times :) )

Mae
11-25-2011, 05:57 AM
FRIDAY, 25 NOVEMBER, 2011
Buy Tickets!

CENTRE COURT start 12:15 pm
[6] R Lindstedt (SWE) / H Tecau (ROU) vs [7] J Melzer (AUT) / P Petzschner (GER)

Not Before 2:00 PM
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [9] J Tipsarevic (SRB)

Not Before 6:15 PM
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [4] M Bhupathi (IND) / L Paes (IND)

Not Before 8:00 PM
[5] D Ferrer (ESP) vs [7] T Berdych (CZE)

Edda
11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Good luck, Ferru! I'm so excited that you qualified for the semis! I hope you win the whole tournament! What a boost that would be going into Davis Cup!

Vamos, Ferru! Vamos, Spain!

cobalt60
11-25-2011, 09:04 PM
He is playing with such confidence! First set 6-3 and up a break in the second so hold here and solidify it! Lovely passing shots.

cobalt60
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh oh; I posted too soon. Won't do so again until the end of the match.

Mae
11-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes Sue I think you jinxed him. He lost the 2nd Set 7-5. And is down 0-2 in the 3rd Set :help:

alisia
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I think at 6/3 4/2 David hit the wall :awww: it means now he'll have to play Federer tomorrow afternoon :help:

Mae
11-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I think at 6/3 4/2 David hit the wall :awww: it means now he'll have to play Federer tomorrow afternoon :help:

Well we can be happy that Pics made the SFs :D :bowdown:

Edda
11-26-2011, 12:23 AM
I am excited about David making the semis! I like Roger, but I want David to win the tournament. Pics was my pick from the start. I love Rafa too, but he was ill and I was very worried about him. Ferru has been hot from the start. Wow, beating Murray and Djoko when people said it couldn't be done. Ferru has never beaten Federer before, but there's a first time for everything. Ooh, nail biting time!

Pirata.
11-26-2011, 05:26 AM
I'm so impressed with David this week, if he beats Roger, well I can only say win the whole damn thing then :p

nalbyfan
11-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Ferru can beat Roger, if Canas, Simon, Montanes did it why not him ? Vamos Ferru !!

Naudio Spanlatine
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
lets jus hope that his serve is enough to beat fed:unsure: :scared:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm so impressed with David this week, if he beats Roger, well I can only say win the whole damn thing then :p

i love your new avi:hearts:

iramlatif
11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
well he lost unfortunately...I'm not sure if that was expected. But he still played well, though perhaps not as aggressive when he could have been.
But now he can hopefully rest a couple of days and then start practicing for the DC final this weekend.

alisia
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
More to follow :)

Sommarsverige
11-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Still a little sad David lost against Roger today :( :(
Even if it was expected, I had little hope when David was playing so well in the first set and was close to set balls! But as he said, he wants to beat Roger before he retires and I am very sure he will also manage this!! :yeah:

Still it was a great and wonderful week for David and I am soooo proud about the great matches he played!!!
Hopefully he can rest at least 1 day before the preparation for the DC final will start!!

Ali, great picture :hug: :yeah:

Naudio Spanlatine
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

fed:ras:

cobalt60
11-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Good week overall though :yeah:

Mae
11-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Good week overall though :yeah:

I agree with you there Sue :D

Edda
11-27-2011, 02:10 AM
As much as I like Roger, I wanted Ferru to win the tournament. Still, he had a great week, defeating both Murray and Nole. I was sad to see that he tired against Berdych, who is an okay guy, but not that exciting. I just hope Roger can defeat Tsonga. Tsonga is so arrogant and in people's faces with that dance of his. It was overkill to do it in front of an ill and exhausted Rafa. Years ago, I never would have thought of Federer as my backup plan, but then I really began to like Ferru, Rafa and Juanqui and Team Armada. This tournament started out with such hope and excitement, and has become really depressing. The Bryan Brothers are out of doubles, too. Ugh!

Sommarsverige
11-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Had to bump up the WTF thread ;)

Already tomorrow Ferru will play against Delpo, at 20.45 european time!

I am really excited to see what Ferru can do in London! I definitely hope he is not too tired....

Vamos :bounce: :bounce:

Sophitia36
11-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Well, I was afraid he might be too tired for the other guys, but after seeing that dreadful match between Tsonga and Djokovic today... I'm a little bit more optimistic! :D

Edda
11-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Good luck, Ferru!

alisia
11-06-2012, 11:31 PM
David won his first match against Delpo 6-3 3-6 6-4 :worship: next up is Fed :eek:

Sophitia36
11-06-2012, 11:37 PM
David played incredibly well in the last set! Amazing stuff!

We'll see what happens against Fed, he's 0-13 against him anyway, so it can't get much worse :D

cobalt60
11-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Awesome that he won not so that Delpo lost :p

iramlatif
11-07-2012, 12:30 AM
I know this isn't the right thread to ask this, but I was wondering?- Is there anyway in 2013 Ferrer can surpass Rafa as the number one player from Spain? Rafa does have to defend Aussie Open finalist points, but I somehow dont think that will happen.
:) And good news that Ferru beat JMDP, he's a tough opponent. My heart does break a lil for that tall guy though, he looks ultimately defeated whenever he loses to David!

Edda
11-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Congratulations, Ferru on your first match win in London!

Chris Kuerten
11-07-2012, 09:53 AM
I know this isn't the right thread to ask this, but I was wondering?- Is there anyway in 2013 Ferrer can surpass Rafa as the number one player from Spain? Rafa does have to defend Aussie Open finalist points, but I somehow dont think that will happen.
:) And good news that Ferru beat JMDP, he's a tough opponent. My heart does break a lil for that tall guy though, he looks ultimately defeated whenever he loses to David!He can even do it this tournament!

Although he needs to win two matches in his group and reach the final.

Sophitia36
11-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes that's what I heard, too. Well, one match won already, one more to go! (move over Tipsy :D)

Then I'm not sure about the final, but why not? If I'm not mistaken, the fact that he's in Fed's group means he cannot meet Fed in semis. Since Fed is THE one guy he seems to be unable to beat (I hope he proves this wrong tomorrow!), that means it's close to the perfect draw.

Mae
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Congratulations, Ferru on your first match win in London!

This made me very happy :woohoo: But I will admit I did feel sorry for Juan :sad:

Edda
11-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Yes, I have been far more sympathetic toward Juan Martin ever since the Olympics, when he said that he was excited to win a medal for Argentina, which hadn't done well up to that point. I was not a big fan of Delpo when I first saw him, but I have warmed up to him a little bit.

Mae
11-10-2012, 05:36 AM
David gave Roger a pretty good Match. I just wish he could have taken a set off of Roger :sad:

Sophitia36
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
David gave Roger a pretty good Match. I just wish he could have taken a set off of Roger :sad:

Yeah... I believe he probably could have. But to be honest, it wouldn't have made a big difference. I have the same feeling when David plays Roger, that I often have when he plays Rafa. These guys are so good all round, he cannot find the weakness in their games.

Basically, my vision of David's tennis is that since he has this huge height handicap to overcome (because basically it means "no serve", and "no power" in an era dominated by giants and servebots), he has to be very clever and try to read the opponent's game to find weaknesses. And that's what he's so good at. Then he adapts and attacks the weak points until it works.
This is something he can do very efficiently against almost anyone, including very good players like Del Potro, and I would even say Djokovic (because, although Djokovic can crush you with his talent and the swiftness of his blows, he does have a few weak points: his volley is not great and his footwork not that perfect).
But with guys like Rafa and Roger... Do they have a weakness? I don't see any.

It could be that he simply does not have the weapons to beat them and never will. Or it could be that he hasn't found the "key" to their games, or that he can yet develop that missing weapon (we saw him develop and diversify his game so much lately, especially his serve and volleying).

Sophitia36
11-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Anyway, today, it really sucks because all we can do is wait to see if Fed can beat Del Po or not. Because if Fed loses, no matter what David does against Tipsy, it's over :sadface:

cobalt60
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Happy for Delpo but it looks like DF will not make it :(

emotion
11-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Sigh. Should completely have made it, but continues to be a shit pressure player and it continues to cost him

Chris Kuerten
11-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I couldn't care less, to be honest.

I only hope he will end the season on a positive note and wins the Davis Cup!

alisia
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM
David won his final round robin match against Tipsey but because he lost in straight sets to Fed, Delpo goes through with Fed :( it was a horrible match from David, can't remember him being is such a foul mood in years on court but after a dreadful start he picked his game up helped by a very poor Tipsey to win convincing in the end.

He will end the season with the most wins (74) & 7 titles, including his first Masters Title, which is better than I think than anyone expected :worship:

Now he needs to rest up and play just one more weekend before he can go on holiday/play exho's :p

Edda
11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Aw, David! Good luck at Davis Cup!

I just saw a sweet tribute to Juan Carlos Ferrero where he and David hugged each other. What great players and great friends.

Sophitia36
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/item/199152-david-ferrer-beats-janko-tipsarevic-in-london
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20121111/tenis/david-ferrer-declaraciones-tipsarevic_54354377932.html

In that SPanish interview, he explains that he argued with the ATP over scheduling. They claimed that they were playing in that order so as to give the players some rest, but he told them that "It did not make sense to play in second, once JM Del Potro won his match, we were both playing for nothing, Tipsarevic and I."
He also says "It was difficult to enter the court in those conditions, but we had to give our best, whether we could qualify or not. A professional cannot throw away a match just because he has no motivation, this is not an excuse."
"You don't have a choice. You know that there are people who have come to see you play, spectators, and thus you have to give everything you have and play as well as possible."
"This does not mean that Del Potro does not deserve to be qualified, far from it. I want to make it clear that he's the rightful semifinalist, it wouldn't have changed anything."

Sommarsverige
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Haha Ali, I have never seen him on court like yesterday either!
Still I am glad he won the match and it imazed me even more that he did it under the given circumstances, just amazing and just Ferru :yeah:

Thanks for the interview Sophitia!! Yes, I exactly understand what he was saying, I am still sure their would have been lots of players who would have thrown the match away, especially after they lost the 1st set!

Now I just want Ferru and Spain to win the Davis Cup :bounce: :worship:

Edda
11-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Good luck to David and Team Spain at Davis Cup! I'm so happy that Marc and Marcel made the doubles final!

alisia
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Haha Ali, I have never seen him on court like yesterday either!
Still I am glad he won the match and it imazed me even more that he did it under the given circumstances, just amazing and just Ferru :yeah:

Thanks for the interview Sophitia!! Yes, I exactly understand what he was saying, I am still sure their would have been lots of players who would have thrown the match away, especially after they lost the 1st set!

Now I just want Ferru and Spain to win the Davis Cup :bounce: :worship:

Madrid 2007 & also the infamous clock killing incident in Miami spring to mind but it's been 3/4 years since he was sooooo annoyed walking onto court

I see that he & Nico were in Prague Sunday morning :eek: so hopefully he'll have longer to get use to what I'm sure will be a lightening fast court

Edda
11-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Congratulations to Marc and Marcel today for winning the doubles championship! Good luck to David, Nico and the M & M Boys at Davis Cup!