Cliff Richey and his new book "Acing Depression" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cliff Richey and his new book "Acing Depression"

Pepetaco
11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Thought it would be interesting to start a discussion on my brother Cliff Richey's new book "Acing Depression:A Tennis Champion's Toughest Match"...as many of you probably know Jimmy Connors wrote the foreword... There are many good tennis stories as well as behind the scenes of what the tour was like back in what we called " Shamateurism"...it is an extremely honest gutsy book which at the same time also chronicles Cliff's spiral down.into Clinical Depression and how he fought it to live fulfilling and productive life... As he.likes to say " I am the first World Grand Prix Points winner and two time Davis Cup Champion who has a mental illness... Now let's talk about it!

Echoes
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm sad there's no reply to this thread yet. I would love to read the book but I'm afraid it wouldn't be possible in my country.
What was meant by "Shamateurism"?

A few weeks ago I found out a tournament that Cliff won in Nassau, Bahamas in 1977 (Bahamas Tennis Championship), beating McEnroe in the final 7/5 4/6 6/3. It's not sanctioned by the ATP, as far as I know. But I would love to know more but this tournament and his run to the final.