MIMIC
11-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Djokovic was so bad :spit:

dombrfc
Stepped up at the business end.

asmazif
absolute wank quality. especially the 3rd.

ZaZoo)
11-07-2010, 04:05 PM
My eyes are BLEEDING

Jaz
Horrible match. Good winner.

theseth1119
4 Basel titles, and 65th career singles title, surpassing Pete Sampras for career singles titles, sole possession of 4th place in the Open Era. 9th tournament he's won 4 or more times! Rogie is the G.O.A.T.!

timafi
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/G00nster/Smiley%20Faces/sHa_hehe.gifthanks Novak

SheepleBuster
So fed owns Novak in masters and Novak is starting to beat him in majors. Very interesting

Topspindoctor
Federer was better in the third by cutting down on errors. Novak was absolutely dire. How many UE has he made? 50+?

Voo de Mar
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Amazing backhand on match point :yeah:

Leo
Wow absolute clown of a match.

Definitely up there with Miami '09. :help: :tape:

henke007
Jesus Fed showed up in the 3rd set, AMAZING!!!

Congrats Goat

Persimmon
Nole.:o

ShotmaKer
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Nice to see Fed not mugging it out in a decisive set for a change.

Seingeist
What an ugly third set. Pretty straightforward match, actually. Mostly tight first set; Djokovic blew his opportunities and played a few too many points too loosely. Solid from Fed, but nothing spectacular.

Djokovic outplayed Federer considerably in the second set.

Third set, Federer struggles but holds his serve together, and Djokovic has a complete mental collapse. Plays tentatively and horribly. Double faults a break.

:confused: No one gets into Nole's head like Federer.

Congrats to Federer on staying stronger mentally than Djokovic in that final set and reclaiming his home crown. :yeah:

ApproachShot
65th title and 4th in Basel!

Or Levy
11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow absolute clown of a match.

Definitely up there with Miami '09. :help: :tape:

Um. No it wasn't. It so wasn't. Roger couldn't keep a ball in court in Miami 09, the quality here, while wasn't A, was nothing short of a B++.

Miami was F

paseo
11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Fed's reaction tell that he really wants this title.

tektonac
11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
nole, start a petition for fed to retire, so you can win a tournament or two.

Tommy_Vercetti
So the finals reversed themselves in singles and doubles. Good work FedEx.

kyleskywalker007
So fed owns Novak in masters and Novak is starting to beat him in majors. Very interesting

The shape of things to come :o

Didn't see the match, but well, congrats for Fed, you are having an awesome end of season!

«Ivan»
:confused: No one gets into Nole's head like Federer.

roddick

Noleta
absolute wank quality. especially the 3rd.

This!

Fed:hatoff:

Nole:zzz:

tennis2tennis
11-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Fed's reaction tell that he really wants this title.

true he told swiss press he wants to break the pete record were teniis began for him,...in basel!

Leo
11-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Um. No it wasn't. It so wasn't. Roger couldn't keep a ball in court in Miami 09, the quality here, while wasn't A, was nothing short of a B++.

Miami was F

Lol this was also an F, or at best a D- because the 1st set was decent. Did you see Federer miss those two easy put-aways including a smash in the 2nd set? Also tons of netted balls from him early in the 3rd. And then suddenly Novak couldn't find the court on any shot in the end.

Terrible quality, NID.

Corey Feldman
Revenge of Fedbitch :devil:

Dedicated to all the McNoleo fans who danced on his face when Fed lost here last year

now, ON YOUR FACE! :haha:

no one beats the king on his own backgarden 2 years in a row :cool::smoke:

Seingeist
roddick

Yeah that's true actually. Roddick is a player that Djokovic should be able to beat handily but Roddick is dominating the H2H (not quite a pigeon, though).

emotion
Break a racquet FFS Novak

MIMIC
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
true he told swiss press he wants to break the pete record were teniis began for him,...in basel!

Sampras didn't have the record.

iriraz
Federer got a break point in the third set,a guy from the crowd yelled something,Djokovic looked pretty pissed served a double fault and since that moment Djokovic went away

Corey Feldman
hope seingeist is feeling alright

its no shame for Nole to be owned on his fave surface, twice, by Fed in a few weeks

Topspindoctor
11-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Break a racquet FFS Novak

Racket smashing a thuggish behavior, I wish it automatically carried a point penalty.

emotion
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Racket smashing a thuggish behavior, I wish it automatically carried a point penalty.

And I wish it were legal. Nothing but beneficial for every player I can think of, except maybe Dasco

MIMIC
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM

Miami was F

:lol:

You must be grading on one hell of a curve.

tealeaves
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
:lol: Nole interviewing Fed :lol:

Seingeist
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
hope seingeist is feeling alright

its no shame for Nole to be owned on his fave surface, twice, by Fed in a few weeks

Yeah, you can tell by my first post in the thread that I'm practically suicidal... :retard:

Also, apparently the definition of getting "owned" is winning a set in which you're totally outplaying your opponent? :confused:

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 04:18 PM
omg nole you are so finished

martinatreue
There are two types of posters who consider this a mug of a match. 1) Straight up Fed and Nole haters 2) Those who don't understand the style of play of attacking much more aggressively which leads to more errors but WAY MORE spectacular shotmaking like on Championship Point. This also creates some of the "choking" by both players because of the awareness that the opponent is going for so much and can crack open the match with an injection of insane shotmaking. It's meant to destabilize the opponent by letting him know that he must maintain rapid reactions and that there is no time to relax. I think this type of strategy is smart in the future and could destabilize players like Nadal who enjoy rhythm and long, grinding rallies.

croat123
Federer got a break point in the third set,a guy from the crowd yelled something,Djokovic looked pretty pissed served a double fault and since that moment Djokovic went away
the dude yelled "game federer"
if that's going to piss off nole, he should probably consider a new career

fed :yeah:

Nekromanta
Was good to see Fed so happy. WP Fed

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, you can tell by my first post in the thread that I'm practically suicidal... :retard:

Also, apparently the definition of getting "owned" is winning a set in which you're totally outplaying your opponent? :confused:

http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/tissuebox4c.gif

pass them around Nole forum and save 2 for Tangy dream

Singularity
Outside of the slams: FFFWFWW. Not bad.

federerfan7465
That shot on match point, unbelievable!

reminds me of the half-volley backhand winner he hit against Blake in the TMC 2006

RedHotRafa
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Meh match, and I thought Shanghai was horrible quality. Congrats to Roger on the win.

Seingeist
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/tissuebox4c.gif

pass them around Nole forum and save 2 for Tangy dream

I don't get it...:confused:

Shouldn't you keep them to clean up your ejaculation?

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Revenge of Fedbitch :devil:

Dedicated to all the McNoleo fans who danced on his face when Fed lost here last year

now, ON YOUR FACE! :haha:

no one beats the king on his own backgarden 2 years in a row :cool::smoke:

diff.between you,fed's mate 'n big jonh 'n us-nole fans is > (read carefully mug) > nole is our fav player,we like him.
you obsessively "wetly" adore fed,you're IN LOVE with him.he is everything you'll never be.kneejerkers.simple as that.

jm & eden are rare ones who like tennis among most of you ignorants 'n they're surely not opses.-compuls...etc...those 2 have a life.simple again.

:wavey: mr.nobody

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM

my point exactly.i'm sure he's doing that right now like a rabbit.

Polikarpov
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
:bigclap:

Raiden
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Joko has never overpowered a motivated Fed (unlike Murray outside the slams for example). In fact Joko is not yet grownup enough to beat "Olderer" unless the Swiss gives it to him. And Rog would need a reason to do that... like for example if he wanted to preserve himself or if he is nervous to advance and face someone who he thinks is too hot (as happened at the USO)

Als I said yesterday already, this Djoko-beating streak will continue next week in Paris (by either Roger or else by Murray who also is on a roll against the serb). The fact of the matter is this: Joko is not (yet) capable of imposing his will against any of the other "top 4" elite. If they are motivated against him, then they will beat him.

Bulgaria
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Congratulations to Federer!!! He totally deserved the title. :bounce:

habibko
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
classic JesusFed serving for the match, the last point :worship:

the Joker entertained the King for a while, but there's only one place on the throne, and that's reserved for the true King :hatoff:

allpro
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
a great confidence boosting win for fed.

nole getting razzed by a spectator shouting “game federer!”.......what a mental midget :o

Topspindoctor
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
great confidence boosting win for fed.

nole getting razzed by a spectator shouting “game federer!”.......what a mental midget :o

I bet Federer would be pretty mad if it happened to him.

onewoman74
11-07-2010, 04:32 PM
There are two types of posters who consider this a mug of a match. 1) Straight up Fed and Nole haters 2) Those who don't understand the style of play of attacking much more aggressively which leads to more errors but WAY MORE spectacular shotmaking like on Championship Point. This also creates some of the "choking" by both players because of the awareness that the opponent is going for so much and can crack open the match with an injection of insane shotmaking. It's meant to destabilize the opponent by letting him know that he must maintain rapid reactions and that there is no time to relax. I think this type of strategy is smart in the future and could destabilize players like Nadal who enjoy rhythm and long, grinding rallies.

Well said!:worship:

samanosuke
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Djokovic on the net is becoming Federer's nemesis #1 . He can't produce decent passing shot when Djokovic is on the net , he is trying to hit risky shots like Rafter or Edberg are volleying . Djokovic should try in the future getting to net more and more when is playing against Roger .

Congratulations to Roger on a new title

habibko
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Amazing backhand on match point :yeah:

peRFect timing, delicate touch, precise power, pure talent, moment of magic :worship:

Federers_Mate is banned so I have to post in his place...

nsidhan
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Good job Fed. Win matches and build your confidence up.

Fed clearly snubbed a handshake from a very excited ball boy. Poor kid. In defense of Fed, in such situations you are on auto-pilot and don't know what you are doing.

Haasi
11-07-2010, 04:40 PM
A lot of UE but also a lot of Forced errors.

Fujee
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Bahaha you only say that because Rafa said he would never break a racquet, your nose is SO brown.

Anyhoo, entertaining match, knew it would go to 3. Awesome volley to give fed match point and insane backhand winner on championship point. Unlucky nole, better luck next time.

Orka_n
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Couldn't watch the match since my power went out (what are the odds :o) but I'm happy to see Fed won. This is his tournament. Congrats, Roger. :hatoff:

Fujee
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Good riddance. Now if Corey_Feldman could also follow him, along with the rest of Federer's pathetic fanboy legion, the forum would start looking respectable for a change.

I would give everything i own for you never to have internet access again.

habibko
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM

someone who understands tennis and match up, refreshing to see :yeah:

Singularity
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
peRFect timing, delicate touch, precise power, pure talent, moment of magic :worship:

Federers_Mate is banned so I have to post in his place...
Then you need to mention how Djokovic is half the man Federer is, and will only ever live in the shadow of Federer's majesty, and his great mane of hair.

aironet
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
someone who understands tennis and match up, refreshing to see :yeah:I think many people here understand tennis but they're so in love with one particular player that they can't give any credit to the opposing player. If there player loses, he played horribly and they give no credit to the other player. People like that are pathetic and I would love to see them get off the couch and actually play the sport for a change. Maybe they could learn a thing or two about competitive sport.

habibko
11-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Then you need to mention how Djokovic is half the man Federer is, and will only ever live in the shadow of Federer's majesty, and his great mane of hair.

and let's not forget Djokovic will never have as much manly chest hair as Federer.

Nole fan
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
What the hell happened Novak? :eek:
I left after the second set and I come home to find this absurd result. WTF? :retard:
Novak was playing great tennis in the second set, what the hell happened in the third? Well at least I'm glad I didn't watch. :mad:
Anyway it was just worthwhile to see that unbelivable shot that Novak hit at 3-0 in the second set. It was simply amazing, better than the unfamous tweener shot.

Topspindoctor
I would give everything i own for you never to have internet access again.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs299.snc3/28616_112400735468784_112400452135479_67820_776036 7_s.jpg

habibko
I think many people here understand tennis but they're so in love with one particular player that they can't give any credit to the opposing player. If there player loses, he played horribly and they give no credit to the other player. People like that are pathetic and I would love to see them get off the couch and actually play the sport for a change. Maybe they could learn a thing or two about competitive sport.

well said :D

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 04:54 PM
this defeat will be emotionally crushing for nole...

martinatreue
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Well said!:worship:

Thanks! Nice to know that someone read and thought about what I posted:) I really think we are seeing Federer step up his attacks off the return, and also by changing paces on his groundstrokes on both wings more drastically. He comes in to the net a bit more too.

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
this defeat will be emotionally crushing for nole...

what man should do to be loved.how sad.

Nole fan
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM

and let's not forget Djokovic will never have as much manly chest hair as Federer.

And I celebrate that. Federer's chest is so fugly. :)

Another RogFan
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Good riddance. Now if Corey_Feldman could also follow him, along with the rest of Federer's pathetic fanboy legion, the forum would start looking respectable for a change.

No point there is extreme fans do not deserve to post but from you it's more like compliment. Anyway, it is just a game.
As for the match, win was more important for Federer while Djokovich should be worried because he is at his best since a year but still to much work to do. No question that there is nothing he can do when Fed is on fire, but still...

paseo
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Anyway it was just worthwhile to see that unbelivable shot that Novak hit at 3-0 in the second set. It was simply amazing, better than the unfamous tweener shot.

Didn't see this. Must be when I switched to the valencia final. Any video?

Blackbriar
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Rodge is vengeful after USO.

BigJohn
11-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Hahahahaha!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Another victory for the Resurrected King, almost 3 years after being declared dead

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dijana+Djokovic+Open+Day+13+5OtNvc8nKncl.jpg

'The king is dead, long live the king' Dijana

And this :) is for Federer winning.

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 05:01 PM
65th

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Di4bP1Vb1yE/x610.jpg

Orka_n
I think many people here understand tennis but they're so in love with one particular player that they can't give any credit to the opposing player. If there player loses, he played horribly and they give no credit to the other player. People like that are pathetic and I would love to see them get off the couch and actually play the sport for a change. Maybe they could learn a thing or two about competitive sport.Best post in a long while.

Leo

:lol: :spit: :lol:

I'm usually one of the posters here who finds and understands quality while others rant about MUG matches. But I'm sorry, this one was just crap. Especially the last two sets. First set, besides some bad ufes, was overall pretty good quality. But it only got worse from there, and much worse.

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I think Nole would have won if he were healthy today..

He definitely showed he can play better tennis...

But all credit to Federer, of course.

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM

:haha:

do you know what you think? 3diff.posts in one thread...

Lee
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
:lol: :spit: :lol:

I'm usually one of the posters here who finds and understands quality while others rant about MUG matches. But I'm sorry, this one was just crap. Especially the last two sets. First set, besides some bad ufes, was overall pretty good quality. But it only got worse from there, and much worse.

right on

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
last year Final was a mugs match too

only thing remembered is who won ;)

BigJohn
11-07-2010, 05:07 PM

Is Djokovic ever healthy?

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 05:07 PM
:haha:

do you know what you think? 3diff.posts in one thread...

beg your pardon, are they in some kind of contradiction, or.. ? :confused:

I wish he were.

Acer
11-07-2010, 05:08 PM

It's up to the losers to clean up.

*spunks all over the Djokovic forum*

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM

nope.he's recently cured from some dr who's taking care of rafa.

happy?you want him bit more ill,uglier asthma?

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I didn't know BigJohn is such a big hater :sad:

Arkulari
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Annacone was definitely the best choice for Roger at this point, his results have been great since he hired the guy

Congrats to him and :hug: to Nole

HKz
11-07-2010, 05:29 PM

Lol? The Australian Open was Novak's only convincing win. Then Novak wins a GS match two years later that clearly could have gone either way and somehow that means he is starting to beat him in majors?

Michael Bluth
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Basel: The Real Grand Slam.

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
You hurt noone but yourself. Just take it easy. It is only a game:confused: I can understand the guys posting bs but they are doing it mostly for fun while you really act strange.

huh,i'm joking most of the time,forum is not my life.check your rep:wavey:

BigJohn
11-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I didn't know BigJohn is such a big hater :sad:

I really dislike his parents. I am allowed. That quote by Dijana stuck with me because it was beyond stupid, and they keep on going with constant douchebaggery ever since. And young Djokovic was an annoying attention whore/diva back then. Of course since then, Djokovic himself has toned it down, and he's lost his edge since.

I've said before that Djokovic is better than what he is those days and that he should be winning more titles.

But I can still rejoice at seeing Nole losing a final, again failing to defend a title, retire during a match, that sort of thing. And there are no Haha threads around, so...

Some people like to see the Yankees or Man U lose, for me it's Djokovic and the Montreal Canadiens.

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 05:39 PM
you are not courteous and considerate...

but ok man i forgive you this time...

A_Skywalker
11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
so federer won 500, cool, but lets not overreact. Hes still going to lose in important tournaments and you know it.

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 05:42 PM
so federer won 500, cool, but lets not overreact. Hes still going to lose in important tournaments and you know it.

If he can keep decent form in Grandslams, he has a chance of being #1 again. He needs just that 1 week...

guga2120
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Some really strong play from Novak in the 3rd set.

So Roger, has won two tournaments in a row, Good thing Andy Murray will be in Paris.:)

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Some people like to see the Yankees or Man U lose, for me it's Djokovic and the Montreal Canadiens.

:rolleyes:

i can't forget all those hatred toward nole 2008 'n 2010.so spare his ppl your sudden courteous 'n considerate moments.

BigJohn
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
you are not courteous and considerate...

but ok man i forgive you this time...

I am courteous and considerate. But not towards Dijana and Srdjn. These two are evil.

BigJohn
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
:rolleyes:

i can't forget all those hatred toward nole 2008 'n 2010.so spare his ppl your sudden courteous 'n considerate moments.

Are you his people?

Fujee
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs299.snc3/28616_112400735468784_112400452135479_67820_776036 7_s.jpg

I'm not mad, i just think your so redundant.

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Are you his people?

this,thanks.my brilliant english failed.

bokehlicious
11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Well done Roger champ :yeah:

Novak :hug:

«Ivan»
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Well done Roger champ :yeah:

Novak :hug:

:hug:

Nole fan
11-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Good and fair account of the match.

Basel: Federer d. Djokovic (http://tennisworld.typepad.com/racquet_reaction/2010/11/basel-federer-d-djokovic.html)

Today’s final in Basel was a heavyweight encounter, and the first three games promised quite a battle. Both players found their range early on from the baseline and pushed the server onto the back foot with sharp returns. Both men held off break points, but Federer was able to convert a chance in the third game and ride that slim advantage all the way through the first set.

Federer and Djokovic have played some first-class sets against each other this year without quite being able to sustain that level of play throughout the whole match. So it proved today. Federer was the first to lose focus; Djokovic’s speed and heavy shots can make Federer look nervy, and the Serb was much the better player in set two. He's added a potent inside-in forehand to his arsenal, and he used it to good effect several times in this match.

But Djokovic allowed his own level to drop in the third, even though Federer was still pressing when he had opportunities. The third set fizzled rather than glowed: the match ended as a mirror image of their encounter in the same venue last year. Djokovic had carried a 9-0 record into the Jakobshalle, and a bit more composure might have given him a perfect 10. He’s playing much closer to the form he showed in 2008, but this is the kind of match he needs to win to consistently occupy a place at the ATP top table.

—Andrew Burton
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/racquet_reaction/2010/11/basel-federer-d-djokovic.html

Sofonda Cox
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
So glad Fed won. :wavey: Djokovic.

Fujee
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
3 losses since Wimbledon is pretty good considering the type of year he has had. Could be the man to beat at the WTF.

Vida
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
havent seen anything of the match but the few mins from the street into someones tv room. fed the mad man :yeah: nole :hug: legend.

tennis2tennis
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Sampras didn't have the record.

i know i mean pete's tally!

Sapeod
11-07-2010, 06:33 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!

Federer is too good for Djokobic :worship:

Just tooooooo good :worship:

FedGOAT wants his no.1 back..he wants to beat Sampras' record...and he will if he keeps this up...Nadal won't know what hit him.

nobama
11-07-2010, 06:34 PM

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aN65qgaj4a7R/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gx0bG27rf12I/610x.jpg

Fujee
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
hahaha, dodger looks like he's feeding the kids

Acer
11-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Roger and his minions <3

Sillyrabbit
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
That Basel trophy looks really good for a 500 series event.

Manequin75
11-07-2010, 06:42 PM

thats a very presumptious comment. Forcing your opinion on someone else. Fed is beating all the guys who he lost to. Thats very good news. In paris he has a chance of taking care of Murray and then I think he will be the favorite at wtf.

Manequin75
11-07-2010, 06:43 PM

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aN65qgaj4a7R/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gx0bG27rf12I/610x.jpg

great pictures. Thanks for posting these. for all these ballkids, Roger is their trophy :)

Dont see any crushed peppers for the pizza ;)

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
teenage mutant ninja turtles...

Fujee
11-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Dyou reckon he's having that whole pizza?

Dini
11-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Burnt pizza. :lol:

TennisOnWood
11-07-2010, 06:53 PM

Bloody Wimbledon almost

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Fed gets's 3/4 of that pizza and the ballkids get 1 bite each from the remaining piece ;)

Pirata.
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Beijing one is like that too, I think. They look like Slam trophies :lol:

Fujee
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Whole match is on Youtube now btw.

Sillyrabbit
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Bloody Wimbledon almost

Beijing one is like that too, I think. They look like Slam trophies :lol:

Yeah, looks better than almost every MS1000 event trophy imo, and certainly better than the RG trophy, which I've always hated.

Pirata.
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Congrats Roger :yeah: Nice to see him reclaim his title.

The twins were there :) They finally got to see him play in person.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbj0jbQMvy1qznr7qo1_400.jpg

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
trophies are far better than shields, which are an abomination to give to a winner

samanosuke
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Congrats Roger :yeah: Nice to see him reclaim his title.

The twins were there :) They finally got to see him play in person.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbj0jbQMvy1qznr7qo1_400.jpg

Severin doing two jobs at the same time :)

Acer
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Awwwwwwwwww

cobalt60
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Congrats to Fed and his fans and :hug: to Nole's fans. Personally I always like it when someone wins thier hometown tournie. And those girls are adorable :hearts:

Blackbriar
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Now Federer is clearly better than Sampras. 65th title.

scarecrows
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
the girls have taken after Fed it seems
at least the facial expression of the one in the right is very Federer-like

dombrfc
11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
No doubt Rogers the daddy, check out the one on the right!

Severin :o

finishingmove
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
they got the smug look already :eek:

Sillyrabbit
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Cute pics, now if only those god awful watermarks weren't covering the entire thing:mad:

Fujee
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Next stop 77th title tie McEnroe, can he do it?

Acer
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
they got the smug look already :eek:

I know right?

GREATEST BABIES OF ALL TIME Y'ALL

scarecrows
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM

easily if he tries more in small tournaments like he did this year

Singularity
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't think so. It took him 3 years to win his last 13 titles, and he needs another 13 to tie McEnroe.

Blackbriar
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
if Federer was playing Dvis Cup for France, we would have a chance to win. now we have Monfils & Simon vs Djokovic & Serbia :sad:

Fujee
11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I think he can, he has 4/5 years left on the tour i reckon and even though he's getting older, he will still be far more talented than most in the smaller tournaments he plays, which will be enough to win. We are yet to see if he can find Agassi twilight career quality, it could happen though.

Blondie1985
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/37/fullj.03f7b9d1cae91e58d251b99a35110356/03f7b9d1cae91e58d251b99a35110356-getty-104532665jf027_davidoff_swi.jpg

Pirata.
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Seriously that thing looks like a trophy for Slam. Makes the Valencia trophy look like horse shit.

acionescu
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
valencia trophy looks like horse shit anyway :o

Fujee
11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Basel trophy looks like a poorly polished Wimbledon trophy.

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
it looks like a Wimbledon trophy that needs to go on a diet

tennis2tennis
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM

:cool:

Speed of Light
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/ninjajuice66/EPIC-WIN.jpg

Sillyrabbit
11-07-2010, 08:53 PM

"Federer will never beat my son again"
Damir Djokovic 2007

From your sig, did she really say that part? I know about the "king is dead" quote, didn't know she also said the above.

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQinFGGUwtMjEmsyGw6Ph1WYYTgMmSeK ONyVjv5nFpmRfpW5Zo&t=1&usg=__atQ697MZeQzEZ4co24-CARI_jNU=

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/88/fullj.14210eeeeb91f4edcb2cd5858bac232b/9ea28c4d0d38425881482e5761b00145.jpg

Fujee
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQinFGGUwtMjEmsyGw6Ph1WYYTgMmSeK ONyVjv5nFpmRfpW5Zo&t=1&usg=__atQ697MZeQzEZ4co24-CARI_jNU=

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/88/fullj.14210eeeeb91f4edcb2cd5858bac232b/9ea28c4d0d38425881482e5761b00145.jpg

I like how in each of those photos the runner up is smiling.

rg121
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Good and fair account of the match.

Basel: Federer d. Djokovic (http://tennisworld.typepad.com/racquet_reaction/2010/11/basel-federer-d-djokovic.html)

Today’s final in Basel was a heavyweight encounter, and the first three games promised quite a battle. Both players found their range early on from the baseline and pushed the server onto the back foot with sharp returns. Both men held off break points, but Federer was able to convert a chance in the third game and ride that slim advantage all the way through the first set.

Federer and Djokovic have played some first-class sets against each other this year without quite being able to sustain that level of play throughout the whole match. So it proved today. Federer was the first to lose focus; Djokovic’s speed and heavy shots can make Federer look nervy, and the Serb was much the better player in set two. He's added a potent inside-in forehand to his arsenal, and he used it to good effect several times in this match.

But Djokovic allowed his own level to drop in the third, even though Federer was still pressing when he had opportunities. The third set fizzled rather than glowed: the match ended as a mirror image of their encounter in the same venue last year. Djokovic had carried a 9-0 record into the Jakobshalle, and a bit more composure might have given him a perfect 10. He’s playing much closer to the form he showed in 2008, but this is the kind of match he needs to win to consistently occupy a place at the ATP top table.

—Andrew Burton
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/racquet_reaction/2010/11/basel-federer-d-djokovic.html

Brilliant overall account of the match.

P.S: Joined MTF for the first time today.Couldn't have been a more peRFect day to do so,I guess ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-07-2010, 09:45 PM
:bounce: 2 tournament wins in a row :bounce:

Next up Paris and London!

Matt01
11-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Federers_Mate is banned

:sad: :awww::crying2::bigcry:

fran70
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I believed that Djoko was going to beat Roger, especially considering his latest results but fortunately he proved me wrongly :)

Congrats for Roger for this new Basel title. :yeah:

Arkulari
11-07-2010, 10:48 PM
WklpTMEUTEc

FedFan
11-07-2010, 10:48 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8280/mylaroseundcharleneriva.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/mylaroseundcharleneriva.jpg/)

solowyn
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
WklpTMEUTEc
:lol: Novak is so cool.

Arkulari
11-07-2010, 10:54 PM
The Mighty Babies!!! :hearts: :hearts:

Lukenole
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
The 3rd set was a lame.

Fujee
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Haha Novak was good sport. His personality has changed or he's just more accepting in defeat these days, kudos to him.

Jaz
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
The babies are there.. OMG..

Lukenole
11-07-2010, 11:18 PM
This is the thing that I appreciate more in Nole: his sportsmanship, even after a good loss against his "primary" rival.

Fujee
11-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Gotta admit his parents are embarassing though haha

Arkulari
11-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Nole is pretty cool, his parents are not

Fujee
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Wearing a t shirt with your son on it, thats just cringe factor 5000

coonster14
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah that's true actually. Roddick is a player that Djokovic should be able to beat handily but Roddick is dominating the H2H (not quite a pigeon, though).

Nole is just one more loss away from being a Roddick pigeon (2-5 H2H) :(

Lukenole
11-07-2010, 11:29 PM
His parents are very arrogant and I know the reason why: the sucess of his son has gone too far on their heads.

Fujee
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I suppose its pride which boarders on arrogance. I really like the new Nole though.

Clay Death
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
nole has work to do.

fed is still quite strong on hard courts.

Hewitt =Legend
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Fed has been playing pretty good since Cincinatti and when he hired Anncecone. He still has plenty to offer and only a fool would discount his chances of winning more majors.

Bad luck Nole, just couldn't go with Fed in the 3rd.

careergrandslam
11-08-2010, 12:11 AM
thanks for the vcash fed.

congrats on ur 65th title, i knew u will never lose to the same guy twice in a row in ur own backyard.

nole, chin up kid u won the USO match, this is no big deal.

Topspindoctor
11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Nole needs to be more aggressive. Olderer was clearly beatable today, don't understand why people are praising him. Nole was pushing too much and the Swiss Miss, despite the many errors, pulled off the win thanks to constantly attacking. It just shows that attacking pays off on indoor HC even if your game is somewhat off. I still think Nole prefers slower courts and sometimes has trouble hitting through the court as well as playing more defensively against player going for everything. Oh well, congrats to Fed on another title. He kinda lucked out on some of the points, but that's expected. Nole got distracted on BP too, by classless Swiss crowds, point should have been replayed. :o

careergrandslam
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Nole is pretty cool, his parents are not

yea, nole is a cool funny guy, his parents are way over the top.
although the parents have calmed down since late 2007/early 2008.

careergrandslam
11-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Nole needs to be more aggressive. Olderer was clearly beatable today, don't understand why people are praising him. Nole was pushing too much and the Swiss Miss, despite the many errors, pulled off the win thanks to constantly attacking. It just shows that attacking pays off on indoor HC even if your game is somewhat off. I still think Nole prefers slower courts and sometimes has trouble hitting through the court as well as playing more defensively against player going for everything. Oh well, congrats to Fed on another title. He kinda lucked out on some of the points, but that's expected. Nole got distracted on BP too, by classless Swiss crowds, point should have been replayed. :o

yea the swiss crowds are very bias, jason goodall commented how bias the madrid fans were towards rafa, but the swiss fans are far worse.

Jaz
11-08-2010, 12:30 AM

One day when Nadal gets old, you will soon realise how big winning a title, despite playing badly means...

You are still "infantile" in Tennis terms. Novak and Murray (and fans) have learnt from the hubris of 2008/09. Nadal, and to his credit, withdrew from Wimbledon 09. However, This is only given his fans even more stupid things to brag about. They haven't suffered massive drops in form, horrid 2nd/3rd sets for no reason, instead you saw him playing a tad below average. He doesn't play for a while, returned to best.

For everyone else, and even with a long-career like Federer you know how good he once played, you hope that in the 5 minutes between sweeping set 1, that set 2 there won't be a huge drop in form. You hope he can clean up his act and win the match.

Trust me, it will happen to YOUR player eventually. So stop digging a hole for yourself, and give FUCKING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

@Sweet Cleopatra
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
congratz Fed

Good luck Nole next time

@Sweet Cleopatra
11-08-2010, 12:34 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8280/mylaroseundcharleneriva.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/mylaroseundcharleneriva.jpg/)

They look so much like Fed.

paseo
11-08-2010, 12:37 AM
This is the thing that I appreciate more in Nole: his sportsmanship, even after a good loss against his "primary" rival.

I thought his "primary" rival are Murray and Nadal. Fed is like what? 5 or 6 years older than him?

Jaz
11-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I thought his "primary" rival are Murray and Nadal. Fed is like what? 5 or 6 years older than him?

Federer is like a trophy/prestige win. Murray and Nadal is business.

dombrfc
11-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Nole got distracted on BP too, by classless Swiss crowds, point should have been replayed. :o

The point hadnt even started.

And I think theres only one winner when assessing the class of swiss against serbs.

Nice to see you suffered in todays victory.

Mungo
11-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Djokovic back to his usual choking mode against Fed. He made a good job at the USO, but at the same time he prevented Nadal from beating Fed at the US Open and complete the Fed buttkicking Slam.

nobama
11-08-2010, 01:31 AM
One day when Nadal gets old, you will soon realise how big winning a title, despite playing badly means...

You are still "infantile" in Tennis terms. Novak and Murray (and fans) have learnt from the hubris of 2008/09. Nadal, and to his credit, withdrew from Wimbledon 09. However, This is only given his fans even more stupid things to brag about. They haven't suffered massive drops in form, horrid 2nd/3rd sets for no reason, instead you saw him playing a tad below average. He doesn't play for a while, returned to best.

For everyone else, and even with a long-career like Federer you know how good he once played, you hope that in the 5 minutes between sweeping set 1, that set 2 there won't be a huge drop in form. You hope he can clean up his act and win the match.

Trust me, it will happen to YOUR player eventually. So stop digging a hole for yourself, and give FUCKING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.Fat chance of that happening. :o

BigJohn
11-08-2010, 01:33 AM

And I think theres only one winner when assessing the class of swiss against serbs.

Touché.

Mungo
11-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Federer is like a trophy/prestige win. Murray and Nadal is business.

Yeah we could see that at the USO. Djokovic won the runner up trophy by beating the Fedtard :wavey:

finishingmove
11-08-2010, 01:52 AM

reported

BigJohn
11-08-2010, 01:57 AM
reported

Did you also report Topspindoctor?

finishingmove
11-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Did you also report Topspindoctor?

for multi-accounting?

ariel2
11-08-2010, 02:11 AM

They have nice heads of hair now. The one on the right looks like Roger and the one on the left looks more like Mirka. Wait till they figure out just who their daddy is.

The Basel trophy is ridiculous for a 500 tournament.

The Valencia trophy fits the venue imo. And I don't mean that as an insult. Quite the opposite.

BigJohn
11-08-2010, 02:16 AM
for multi-accounting?

For whatever reason you reported dombrfc ...

cutesteve22
11-08-2010, 02:23 AM
great win for Roger

nobama
11-08-2010, 02:26 AM
http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/00080092.jpg?commercial_link=

http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/00080093.jpg?commercial_link=

Magus13
11-08-2010, 02:36 AM

The only title you ever won was biggest idiot on MTF. Wait your not even good enough to win that. There are others I would put ahead of you. Bottom line you suck, know nothing about tennis, add nothing to any conversation and if I didn't say it already. YOU SUCK

Art&Soul
11-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Great win and cute babies Roger

Pirata.
11-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah we could see that at the USO. Djokovic won the runner up trophy by beating the Fedtard :wavey:

Yeah, so? Couple years ago, Roger WON the USO trophy by beating Djokovic :shrug:

Clay Death
11-08-2010, 03:41 AM
i thought djokovic had finally turned the corner for good against fed at the u.s. open.

evidently he still has some more work to do.

credit to fed for showing the world that he is still formidable on indoor hard courts.

HarryMan
11-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Good to see the great man still having success at these events. He still is a very tough opponent for any young player. :)

Arkulari
11-08-2010, 05:04 AM
They have nice heads of hair now. The one on the right looks like Roger and the one on the left looks more like Mirka. Wait till they figure out just who their daddy is.

The Basel trophy is ridiculous for a 500 tournament.

The Valencia trophy fits the venue imo. And I don't mean that as an insult. Quite the opposite.

Same happens with Barcelona, it all comes down to the tournament age, those two are pretty old and prestigious even if they are "just" a 500 ;)

eduggs
11-08-2010, 05:08 AM
High level tennis match. A pleasure to watch. Many on here either don't appreciate tennis tactits/strategy, are deceived by the tv camera angle, or have unrealistic expectations.
Both players have world class ball striking ability, strategy, variation, quickness, endurance, and experience. That's why they are where they are in the rankings and it's a rare treat when players at this level meet in a tournament final. Perfect decision making and execution aren't achievable on every shot, but these players have all the tools to achieve a high level of sustained play and it comes down to who can execute in the big moments. There was very little margin between the two in most rallies and games. The match, as is typical at this level, could have gone either way with Novak's consistency dropping in the 3rd set. Aggressive, attacking play from both made consistent brilliance difficult to achieve, and in the end it was the more efficient Federer to prevail. Very sad to read so many misinterpret a matchup of two players playing strategic, aggressive, hard court tennis for choking, "mugging", or low level of play.

Seingeist
11-08-2010, 07:32 AM
High level tennis match. A pleasure to watch. Many on here either don't appreciate tennis tactits/strategy, are deceived by the tv camera angle, or have unrealistic expectations.
Both players have world class ball striking ability, strategy, variation, quickness, endurance, and experience. That's why they are where they are in the rankings and it's a rare treat when players at this level meet in a tournament final. Perfect decision making and execution aren't achievable on every shot, but these players have all the tools to achieve a high level of sustained play and it comes down to who can execute in the big moments. There was very little margin between the two in most rallies and games. The match, as is typical at this level, could have gone either way with Novak's consistency dropping in the 3rd set. Aggressive, attacking play from both made consistent brilliance difficult to achieve, and in the end it was the more efficient Federer to prevail. Very sad to read so many misinterpret a matchup of two players playing strategic, aggressive, hard court tennis for choking, "mugging", or low level of play.

Djokovic choked, HARD, in the third set. This is not a controversial claim. His footwork became more tense and sluggish, he removed pace from his serves and groundstrokes, he was striking the ball more tentatively, etc. I mean, he double-faulted a break ffs. The match wasn't bad for the first two sets, but Nole dropped his level considerably in the third set. You don't have to be a seasoned tennis analyst to recognize this.

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
classless Swiss crowds

yea the swiss crowds are very bias, jason goodall commented how bias the madrid fans were towards rafa, but the swiss fans are far worse.

Home crowds cheering for their boy. Unreal indeed...

:retard: :retard: :retard:

eduggs
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Djokovic choked, HARD, in the third set. This is not a controversial claim. His footwork became more tense and sluggish, he removed pace from his serves and groundstrokes, he was striking the ball more tentatively, etc. I mean, he double-faulted a break ffs. The match wasn't bad for the first two sets, but Nole dropped his level considerably in the third set. You don't have to be a seasoned tennis analyst to recognize this.

"Choke" is a word used by the ignorant and the uniniated. Sure, djokovic lost something in his game in the 3rd set. His first serve placement was not perfect. Groundstroke execution was inconsistent. Footwork, shot selection, and a variety of other subtle things. All players go through periods like this in every match for a variety of reasons and the ability to play through it and find a way to win is part of being a successful tennis player. A drop in game performance often cascades from a single event or source... rattled confidence, pressure from your opponent, fatigue, injury etc... For example maybe Novak began to feel some soreness in his shoulder (saw him stretching it a few times), which could have affected his serve. A loss of confidence in the serve often destabalizes a player's entire game. And when the opponent notices this he often plays more conservatively and thus it changes the style of the match. Tennis matches are very dynamic. It's not simply one player's top level vs. anothers'. It's a game of physically and mentally enduring the ups and downs, the ebbs and flows, and the fatigue.

To simply say Novak choked is rediculously oversimplified. He played some brilliant points in the 3rd set. He just didn't string enough points like this together at the end. And while Novak lost his rhythm, Federer was steadier. That's tennis. And that's what wins matches.

Another RogFan
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
"Choke" is a word used by the ignorant and the uniniated. Sure, djokovic lost something in his game in the 3rd set. His first serve placement was not perfect. Groundstroke execution was inconsistent. Footwork, shot selection, and a variety of other subtle things. All players go through periods like this in every match for a variety of reasons and the ability to play through it and find a way to win is part of being a successful tennis player. A drop in game performance often cascades from a single event or source... rattled confidence, pressure from your opponent, fatigue, injury etc... For example maybe Novak began to feel some soreness in his shoulder (saw him stretching it a few times), which could have affected his serve. A loss of confidence in the serve often destabalizes a player's entire game. And when the opponent notices this he often plays more conservatively and thus it changes the style of the match. Tennis matches are very dynamic. It's not simply one player's top level vs. anothers'. It's a game of physically and mentally enduring the ups and downs, the ebbs and flows, and the fatigue.

To simply say Novak choked is rediculously oversimplified. He played some brilliant points in the 3rd set. He just didn't string enough points like this together at the end. And while Novak lost his rhythm, Federer was steadier. That's tennis. And that's what wins matches.

Near perfect analyse. Federer himself has told a couple of time how important is to hang in whlie your game is dropping for a while. That's why he prefers best of 5. Nole managed to do this at USO, but not now. "Choking" could be used more like self-calming for disappointed fans.

Post like yours makes reading all BS here worth.

Blackbriar
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM

so you never experimented french crowd :rolleyes: as Verdasco noted "el peor publico del mundo!" and he was so true.

Playing in Paris vs Monfils in particular is like hell on earth. Entire (stupid) crowd cheering on the DFs, whistling during 2nd serve, getting mad when the other player comments on a litigious point and so on. No surprise many players lose their calm, french crowd is shit, mark my words.

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 11:17 AM

You should post more often, good and unbiased analysis of a tennis match as it should be. :D

«Ivan»
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
classless Swiss crowds

yea the swiss crowds are very bias

this is pathetic.i've been in basel twice,in gstadt once 'n i have never seen better,higher class crowds.

it's so sad when you see those kind of excuses.i don't like fed,can't even look at him but ppl ^^^ this is sick,untrue 'n shows what tennis as a game fans you are.

comparing swiss crowd with spanish, french, hispano...is utterly shameless.

samanosuke
11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/00080092.jpg?commercial_link=

http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/00080093.jpg?commercial_link=

This guy on the bottom of the picture looks like Fritzl . Rog put that kids away from him :)

Topspindoctor
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
this is pathetic.i've been in basel twice,in gstadt once 'n i have never seen better,higher class crowds.

it's so sad when you see those kind of excuses.i don't like fed,can't even look at him but ppl ^^^ this is sick,untrue 'n shows what tennis as a game fans you are.

comparing swiss crowd with spanish, french, hispano...is utterly shameless.

I never compared them to anything, I just think that attempting to distract a player by yelling "game Federer" when he's serving, is pretty pathetic.

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I never compared them to anything, I just think that attempting to distract a player by yelling "game Federer" when he's serving, is pretty pathetic.

Idiots inhabit everywhere, that's a fact. I think the Swiss crowd is very classy.

Vida
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
doesnt matter, these mickey mouse tournaments are not important anyway, its the slams.
old geezer federer cant stand against djoko in best of 5 anymore :shrug:

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
May i add that Federer is winning these matches against Novak because he simply can serve better. Everytime he was in danger of being broken (and that was several times) he pulled out an ace. Nole doesn't have that clear advantage and has to win everything from the baseline which i think it's a tremendous effort and very admirable indeed. Most rallies were won by Novak, but people only see the scoreline.
I'm not trying to diminish Federer's win, he deserved it and i congratulate him. I'm just stating the obvious.

Lleyton_
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
doesnt matter, these mickey mouse tournaments are not important anyway, its the slams.

kronus12
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM

yeah the same old geezer who beat the joker 3 times out of 4 and didn't he win a slam this year, and what did djoko win?... thats right nothing but mickey mouse tournaments.

ShotmaKer
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
May i add that Federer is winning these matches against Novak because he simply can serve better. Everytime he was in danger of being broken (and that was several times) he pulled out an ace. Nole doesn't have that clear advantage and has to win everything from the baseline which i think it's a tremendous effort and very admirable indeed. Most rallies were won by Novak, but people only see the scoreline.
I'm not trying to diminish Federer's win, he deserved it and i congratulate him. I'm just stating the obvious.

good point.

right. lad had match points in the decider but what the hell does it matter.

Vida
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
all Im saying is that this here is more or less irrelevant for nole. he lost to fed at his home tournament, that he won last year against the same guy. big deal. also he won against fed in USO so nobody can say fed owns him or whatever.

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
all Im saying is that this here is more or less irrelevant for nole. he lost to fed at his home tournament, that he won last year against the same guy. big deal. also he won against fed in USO so nobody can say fed owns him or whatever.

"the king is dead, long live the new king, ajde!" :rocker2:

:hug: :hug:

fast_clay
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
weird that novak cant beat a frail fed now... fed looks so weak these days...

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Spend less time with your kindergarten drawings and start watching actual tennis...

Fujee
11-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Fair play, but i wouldn't say that its admirable that Novak doesn't have the tools to get himself out of trouble. Novak should have this and when he does serve well he usually gets a good result. To turn a weakness into an admirable quality seems a bit strange, fair enough you could say he was a fighter/against the odds and so on but i would see it as more admirable if he was constantly trying to improve his game/being clutch in the big moments with serves etc.

Vida
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM

its amazing how old they look after only few years. those legs get all wiry and kind of extra-hairy; little plum-like bags show up beneath the eyes as well. maybe its the traveling, who knows.

ShotmaKer
11-08-2010, 02:02 PM

while the opposite is true ? first part is spot on though.

Vida
11-08-2010, 02:04 PM
while the opposite is true ? first part is spot on though.

I havent said that. fed surely 'owned' djokovic for a time, but I think it cant be said anymore. they have a pretty close h2h, considering age, goatship and all :shrug:

Sophocles
11-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I havent said that. fed surely 'owned' djokovic for a time, but I think it cant be said anymore. they have a pretty close h2h, considering age, goatship and all :shrug:

Djoker needs to be beating over-the-hill Federer more than 1 out of 4 times if he's serious about reaching No. 1. He also needs to beat Nadal in hard-court slams. I like Djokovic but come on.

Vida
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Djoker needs to be beating over-the-hill Federer more than 1 out of 4 times if he's serious about reaching No. 1. He also needs to beat Nadal in hard-court slams. I like Djokovic but come on.

well I agree, beating fed here wouldnt hurt.

fast_clay
11-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Spend less time with your kindergarten drawings and start watching actual tennis...

being an old man yourself you should know everyone gets old... spend less time living your life through fed... its juvenile for you're age...

its amazing how old they look after only few years. those legs get all wiry and kind of extra-hairy; little plum-like bags show up beneath the eyes as well. maybe its the traveling, who knows.

yeah... they seem to get old overnight... 900 matches is a lot...

Beat
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
:inlove: i'm sure being the only player to have won basel 4 times means a lot to roger. well done!

Corey Feldman
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not trying to diminish Federer's win, he deserved it and i congratulate him. I'm just stating the obvious.Haha you are saying the same things every time after Fed beats Nole

must be some conspiracy that Fed is such an amateur at the baseline tennis but won matches in Toronto, Shanghai, Basel and had 2 mp's in US Open with no tie breaks won for the all serve Roger.

Nole was winning everything from the baseline and Fed needed his serve.... that he only won 3rd set yesterday 6-1

you see everything through rose tinted spectacles :lol::hug:

and old Fed still has 1 more of those in 2010 than prime Nole :worship:

maybe Nole can rescue his season, for 2 years in a row, by winning Paris again :hug:

paseo
11-08-2010, 02:34 PM

So, you're implying that Djokovic was better off the ground. Is that it? Okay, let's assume that was true. So what? Players have weapons and weaknesses. The serve is part of tennis. just like the groundstrokes, you have to train hard to be great at it. And it's not like Djokovic has a shit serve. He also fired good 1st serves when facing BPs.

One other thing. Fed has the better serve, but Djokovic has the better return. So, it's kind of even things out a bit.

Why am I still posting in this thread? Paris masters has already begun. Next.

luie
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Sad, even PRIME novak can't stop the old man.
Memo to Novak "hit n' hope" is not a viable strategy for the long term.

Everko
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Way to go Feddie you can beat Nole in Basel:rolleyes:. Djokovic beat him in New York and that is all that matters for this year. Ask Roger and he would try to spin it some way but deep down he knows Novak got the betetr of him this year.

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Ask Roger and he would try to spin it some way but deep down he knows Novak got the betetr of him this year.

1 slam >>>>>> 0 slam :shrug: :hug:

luie
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Way to go Feddie you can beat Nole in Basel:rolleyes:. Djokovic beat him in New York and that is all that matters for this year. Ask Roger and he would try to spin it some way but deep down he knows Novak got the betetr of him this year.
The USO 10 is over, fed beating Novak now is in preparation for the AO 11.Getting his game & confidence going.
Also in 2010 fed > novak on HC.

Fujee
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I think this thread has taught us just to completely ignore the trolls.

Sillyrabbit
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
The other tens of threads where the trolls were baiting different players, didn't teach you that?

Fujee
11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Granted, i take the bait occasionally as its hilarious poking hole in their logic. But this thead has been particularly bad for flaming, of which most as has been deleted.

MacTheKnife
11-08-2010, 05:20 PM

One of the best posts I've read on here in a long time. Nice work. :yeah:

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
So, you're implying that Djokovic was better off the ground. Is that it? Okay, let's assume that was true. So what? Players have weapons and weaknesses. The serve is part of tennis. just like the groundstrokes, you have to train hard to be great at it. And it's not like Djokovic has a shit serve. He also fired good 1st serves when facing BPs.

One other thing. Fed has the better serve, but Djokovic has the better return. So, it's kind of even things out a bit.

Why am I still posting in this thread? Paris masters has already begun. Next.

I'm just stating the reason why Roger converts more BPs than Nole, thus winning most of their matches. All their sets are always pretty close, it's usually a difference of one break. In this match alone Nole could only convert 1 of 5 Bps, while Fed converted 3 of 8 Bps.

Always interesting what Roger had to say about this... is he losing the arrogance these days? :p

"Today obviously was the most dangerous match [of the week], I was playing the best player in the tournament," reflected Federer. "I had a tough final last year, pretty similar to this one this year, but it just went my way in the third set. We always play very athletic against one another, I always think it’s really close, they can go either way, so I’m happy I won the last three of the four. I had match point [against him] at the US Open and that one hurt, but look, this one makes up for it big time."

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
is he losing the arrogance these days? :p

Haters will forever find his every breath arrogant... while the others know he's never been.

Everko
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Haters will forever find his every breath arrogant... while the others know he's never been.

I need to stop replying to your posts because there is just so much wrong with each one. It's not impossible for Federer to be humble, like it was nice when he went to Ethiopia. But he is still one of the most arrogant players in the ATP and all of sport actually.

Seingeist
11-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Oy. The only reason I'm even bothering taking this up again is because of the bolded sentence. Funny that you start with that comment, and then proceed to almost exactly mirror the analysis of this "ignorant, uninitiated" poster.

First of all, there was nothing terribly "subtle" about the changes in Djokovic's game. They were plain to see for anyone with eyes.

Second of all, the following statement: "All players go through periods like this in every match" could only come from someone "ignorant and uninitiated." I have seen plenty of matches where both players maintain a modicum of consistency over the course of the entire match, going on no more than small runs of loose points here and there. Acting like every tennis match contains a player who displays an almost complete change of gameplay for an entire set suggests that you have never watched more than several tennis matches.

Third of all, what on earth do you think I mean by "choke" when you're saying things like the following: "rattled confidence, pressure from your opponent[...]" :confused: You're referring to purely mental changes that adversely affect a player's performance. Newsflash: that's what most people mean when they use the word "choke." :wavey:

Stop trying to paint yourself as some knowledgeable analyst by being willfully obtuse in order to pick fights.

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Hater? :lol:
Unlike you, I'm no hater of Federer. In fact I've stated many times that i love the guy, just not the player.

Sapeod
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
All the haters hating away :lol:

Sapeod
11-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I need to stop replying to your posts because there is just so much wrong with each one. It's not impossible for Federer to be humble, like it was nice when he went to Ethiopia. But he is still one of the most arrogant players in the ATP and all of sport actually.
Federer is not a cheater like Nadal :shrug:

Corey Feldman
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm just stating the reason why Roger converts more BPs than Nole, thus winning most of their matches. All their sets are always pretty close, it's usually a difference of one break. In this match alone Nole could only convert 1 of 5 Bps, while Fed converted 3 of 8 Bps.

Nole blew 4 bp's.. Fed 5, if you go by that :nerner:

also, the fact he had more bps = superior baseline player in the match.

Nole fan
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Nole blew 4 bp's.. Fed 5, if you go by that :nerner:

also, the fact he had more bps = superior baseline player in the match.

That third set doesn't count, Nole wasn't into it at all. :p

San Rosso
11-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm glad Federer proved that he's still able to beat players of Djokovic's caliber. Hopefully he'll regain the #1 spot and win a couple of slams this season, he's a joy to watch.

eduggs
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Oy. The only reason I'm even bothering taking this up again is because of the bolded sentence. Funny that you start with that comment, and then proceed to almost exactly mirror the analysis of this "ignorant, uninitiated" poster.

First of all, there was nothing terribly "subtle" about the changes in Djokovic's game. They were plain to see for anyone with eyes.

Second of all, the following statement: "All players go through periods like this in every match" could only come from someone "ignorant and uninitiated." I have seen plenty of matches where both players maintain a modicum of consistency over the course of the entire match, going on no more than small runs of loose points here and there. Acting like every tennis match contains a player who displays an almost complete change of gameplay for an entire set suggests that you have never watched more than several tennis matches.

Third of all, what on earth do you think I mean by "choke" when you're saying things like the following: "rattled confidence, pressure from your opponent[...]" :confused: You're referring to purely mental changes that adversely affect a player's performance. Newsflash: that's what most people mean when they use the word "choke." :wavey:

Stop trying to paint yourself as some knowledgeable analyst by being willfully obtuse in order to pick fights.

You sound like fan who primarily focuses attention on a particular player and is therefore slightly biased in thier analysis. I also think you drastically oversimplify the game. There are tiny margins at work. Clipping the tape on successive groundstrokes or missing a few feet long or wide results from only the slightest of changes in footspeed, energy, confidence, or intensity. Even though the final set ended 6-1, many of the games and points were well contested. There's no denying that Novak did not play solid tennis in the 3rd set, but this was clearly not a choke.

A choke is when a player is overcome by a moment and becomes self-conscious of the circumstance. This makes even simple shots excruciatingly difficult. Jana Novotna in the 3rd set of the 1993 Wimbledon final is an example of this sort of "choke." Players of this caliber and experience rarely choke. Surely they experience highs and lows of confidence, timing, and execution, but that is not the same thing.

DrJules
11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
You sound like fan who primarily focuses attention on a particular player and is therefore slightly biased in thier analysis. I also think you drastically oversimplify the game. There are tiny margins at work. Clipping the tape on successive groundstrokes or missing a few feet long or wide results from only the slightest of changes in footspeed, energy, confidence, or intensity. Even though the final set ended 6-1, many of the games and points were well contested. There's no denying that Novak did not play solid tennis in the 3rd set, but this was clearly not a choke.

A choke is when a player is overcome by a moment and becomes self-conscious of the circumstance. This makes even simple shots excruciatingly difficult. Jana Novotna in the 3rd set of the 1993 Wimbledon final is an example of this sort of "choke." Players of this caliber and experience rarely choke. Surely they experience highs and lows of confidence, timing, and execution, but that is not the same thing.

Djokovic only won 1 of 17 return points in the 3rd set and only 11 of the 39 points in the set.