Ivan Dodig (CRO) def. Igor Kunytsin 6-4 6-3 to win challenger in Astana $125,000 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ivan Dodig (CRO) def. Igor Kunytsin 6-4 6-3 to win challenger in Astana $125,000

:::Eraser:::
11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Well Done Ivan! :worship::D

Good luck on your goal to TOP50!

Come on Ivan!!

Certinfy
11-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Dodig has really impressed me since Wimbledon.

Action Jackson
11-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Excellent reward for a very hard working player of limited ability.

Doomach777
11-07-2010, 10:42 AM
WOW No.88 ?!?!?!
Well done Dodig!! :worship:

croat123
11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
88 :eek:
played really well, so much for limited ability

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Damn, I'm disappointed, I wanted Igor to take this and get to the top 100 himself. Sad. But Ivan, what a fucking hard worker he is. This is someone who truly deserves to finally be top 100. All his grinding on the challenger tour and just going week to week playing, it's payed off in a big way. I'm so happy for him, shows you that if you try your hardest and give maximum effort day in and out, you can make things happen no-one thought possible.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 06:25 PM
With that said, I really doubt he can maintain the ranking through a season, we'll see.

Horatio Caine
11-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Excellent reward for a very hard working player of limited ability.

Yep.

Excellent season for Dodig, and it will be interesting to see where he'll go from here (top 90).

Deivid23
11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Fly boy lad, u seem to know your shit, huh? :lol:

Just a few weeks ago...

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10458313&postcount=18

Dodig top 100? I don't think so. Maybe 105-120 consistently, but top 100 is something that is too far reaching for someone with his talent. But what he is, is someone who works really hard, is dedicated and makes the most of what he has. He also has a good serve and decent volleys. He's not a full-on grinder, JustJames, he does try to make the play and be offensive, at times. I'm guessing you've seen him on clay most of the time.

Just a pity you chickened out the challenge :o

If Dodig ever gets into the top 100, you´ll quit this forum. If he doesn´t, I will quit. Deal done?

:haha:

Sapeod
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Flyboy :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Action Jackson
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM

Just a few weeks ago...

1-0 deivid

samanosuke
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Just a few weeks ago...

1-0 deivid

Slow down guys . He just thinks that we think that he didn't think when he think that

fran70
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
If I were Flyboy I would simply admit that Dodig exceeded my expectances and congratulate him for his great performance. Under my opinion there`s no need that Flyboy has to leave this forum. His knowledge of tennis and the tour is extraordinary and it would be a mistake not to have him here, especially considering the gurus that sourrounds us every week.

As everybody else we have our strengh and weakness points in life. None of us slip out of that rule ;)

Action Jackson
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
If I were Flyboy I would simply admit that Dodig exceeded my expectances and congratulate him for his great performance. Under my opinion there`s no need that Flyboy has to leave this forum. His knowledge of tennis and the tour is extraordinary and it would be a mistake not to have him here, especially considering the gurus that sourrounds us every week.

As everybody else we have our strengh and weakness points in life. None of us slip out of that rule ;)

If he cut out the melodrama it would be better.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM

Just a few weeks ago...

:yawn: OMG, you're SO hilarious. Win for you :yeah:

I still don't really think Dodig is a top 100 quality player, but we'll see if he can maintain his ranking.

Oh, and I didn't "chicken out" of your dumbass challenge. If you haven't noticed, your word means nothing to me. Meaning, you are someone I have already written off as a loser, and therefore are not worth ANY more of my time. Bye bye now :wavey:

fran70
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Agree. That is one of the weakness points that I see of him (besides of his flattering love to Nadal) ;). I do still believe that he is a good guy.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 09:40 PM

If you don't tell me how to act there won't be a problem. I'll act how I want to act and say what I believe. If anyone has an issue with that, they can get the fuck over it.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Agree. That is one of the weakness points that I see of him (besides of his flattering love to Nadal) ;). I do still believe that he is a good guy.

We all have out weakness.

Although, almost all of my rants are specifically for attention alone.

fran70
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
We all have out weakness.

Although, almost all of my rants are specifically for attention alone.

Sometimes you overreact, I do believe you are a good poster but sometimes you take things too seriously. Relax, this is just a tennis forum. Tomorrow in real life and until next weekend you will have to deal with daily stressful situations.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Sometimes you overreact, I do believe you are a good poster but sometimes you take things too seriously. Relax, this is just a tennis forum. Tomorrow in real life and until next weekend you will have to deal with daily stressful situations.

That's all true, but I'll say it again, most of the overreacting or overemotional posts are done intentionally for attention. This is just a tennis forum, that's the whole point, what you are talking to now is a character, not the real thing.

Action Jackson
11-07-2010, 10:04 PM
If you don't tell me how to act there won't be a problem. I'll act how I want to act and say what I believe. If anyone has an issue with that, they can get the fuck over it.

Equating someone losing a match to legit real life tragedies that is poor form. If you want to be melodramatic, then you have to cop what comes with it. Goes both ways.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Equating someone losing a match to legit real life tragedies that is poor form. If you want to be melodramatic, then you have to cop what comes with it. Goes both ways.

OK, like I said, I do it for attention, so you basically have given into exactly what I desired. I can cop whatever anyone has to bring, like fran said, this is a tennis forum. I don't care enough to not be an attention whore if I'm bored.

Deivid23
11-07-2010, 10:29 PM

I still don't really think Dodig is a top 100 quality player, but we'll see if he can maintain his ranking.

Oh, and I didn't "chicken out" of your dumbass challenge. If you haven't noticed, your word means nothing to me. Meaning, you are someone I have already written off as a loser, and therefore are not worth ANY more of my time. Bye bye now :wavey:

Win for me. CHECK

Dodig is a top 100 player. CHECK

You chickened out. CHECK

You wrote bullshit about a player´s abilities and proved wrong just in a matter of days. CHECK

The only reason why I haven´t put you on ignore list it to laugh at you with things like this, son. Keep up the good work, I´ll be around ;)

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Win for me. CHECK

Dodig is a top 100 player. CHECK

You chickened out. CHECK

You wrote bullshit about a player´s abilities and proved wrong just in a matter of days. CHECK

The only reason why I haven´t put you on ignore list it to laugh at you with things like this, son. Keep up the good work, I´ll be around ;)

Hahahaha. Checking yourself, how cute. Yeah, you sure are perfect, huh. Still haven't grown up past 10, too pathetic, whoops I meant too........you get the point. And actually going out of your way to try to fuck with someone who doesn't give two shits about you, how great a life you must lead. Who wouldn't envy you. I'll make sure to remind myself to feel bad about myself as that is what you are so desperately trying to do, yeah, you know, I'll tell myself that I should just hate myself, because obviously your approval of people is something anyone needs to survive. Amazing.

hyperren
11-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Someone should change the thread title because it has NOTHING to do with the actual discussion on this thread anymore. :p

ktnxbai

Action Jackson
02-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Dodig going strong in the top 100, on work ethic alone deserves to be there.

Dedicated to flyboy.

Filo V.
02-04-2011, 05:21 AM
I like Ivan a lot, he's a hard worker and has a lot of desire and drive. I still don't really think he's a top 100 talent. But he's made the most of his ability and he has a lot of heart. Can he continue as a top 100 player for an extended period? We'll see. I'm still not sold on him.

oranges
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Well, you not being sold on him is certainly crucial for his prospects :lol:

Good work Ivan, top 80 :yeah:

daddy
04-20-2011, 06:24 PM

:bigwave:

Certinfy
04-20-2011, 06:26 PM
What a bump :lol:

samanosuke
04-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Filo V. aka Flyboy highlights

Filo V.
04-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't think he's really talented for a top 100 player, but he's proven me wrong in terms of his accomplishments and shown how having a lot of heart can take a player a long way, we'll see if he can keep it up. Trying to somehow show me up only makes you look petty, and really, it doesn't affect me. I'm above the immaturity.

daddy
08-11-2011, 02:57 AM
:angel:

Luinir
08-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Dodig goes up to #37 with the win against Rafa and will be top 35 if he beats Tipsy tomorrow.

jmf07
08-11-2011, 09:30 AM
:rolls:

Time Violation
08-11-2011, 09:41 AM
http://westofthefive.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/eat-crow.jpg?w=457&h=308

daddy
11-05-2013, 06:55 PM
#33 year end rankings for singles and qualified for year end finals in doubles (and just won against Bryan brothers.) Who would have thought 3 years ago when this thread was made. I say best is yet to come, both in singles and doubles.

Adri89
11-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I miss Filo V :lol:
Seriously :sad:

motorhead
11-06-2013, 12:06 AM
I would sacrifice my account to have Filo back in the game

samanosuke
11-06-2013, 12:11 AM
lol

already forgot on flyboy's epic prediction, he did so many things wrong that you can't remember all

motorhead
11-06-2013, 12:17 AM
I've been told Filo as TF account, I'll be glad to anyone who can PM his nick out there.
edit: PM received ;)