Stage 2: T-shirt Design Nominations [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stage 2: T-shirt Design Nominations

Aleksa's Laydee
09-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Onto Stage 2 now guys as i reckon everyone thats a fan has voted for a name as the threads been inactive for a few days.

Soooo now we have a name we need a logo, t-shirt design so at the tennis tournies we go to, pim pim can recognise us and we can refer to our the other fans in other parts of the world and he'll know who we mean ;)

(this needs to be sorted before jan...so kristen can be the 1st one wearing it in the AO ;) ) :p

Soooo place your designs here... please :wavey:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-19-2004, 12:40 PM
One i made ;)

Kristen
09-19-2004, 12:42 PM
2 of the basic ones... I dont know that it sshould be a swedish flag though? I mean, maybe... but maybe it could incorporate a smaller swedish flag... I dunno, flags just seem very bold.

These are probably really daggy :rolleyes:. I'm just mucking around ;)

-- P
-I---I
M----M

P----M
---I--
P----M
(EDIT - had to put in a lot of dashes because my post was stuffed! LOL!
Are going to have pimsters *hypothetical;)* on the back, and a logo on the front, yeah? )

Aleksa's Laydee
09-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah i think so....altho where would we put the names of other players we liked? maybe pimsters (if thats our name ;)) on the front but lower down?!?

Jexy
09-19-2004, 02:30 PM
LOL... hard to chose... all the logos appeal to me guys!! :rolleyes:

I think that *hypothetical* PIMSTERS should be on the back, right across the top, across the shoulder blades?? that way if you sit around and make heck of a lot of noise people behind you will be like "who's shouting Swedish??" and they can read PIMSTERS! :lol:

The front on the other hand should have a giant logo, like the 3 you guys designed, that way PimPim can see it over the fence when he's playing... and he can wonder who we are :)
Especially incorporating a Swedish flag or Swedish colours,.. so it can be seen from afar....like lets's say.. from the tennis court?? :p

[when you'll walk away, he'll know, LOL...PIMSTERS! *Hypotherically speaking*:lol:]

star
09-19-2004, 03:51 PM
The nice thing about the T-shirt is that Pim will be playing on the outer courts probably/mostly, so we can get a chance to wear them sitting up close to him.

I'm sure that he'll be on the really small courts at IW. Maybe if his coach saw people with the T-shirts, he would tell Pim. I don't know how focuses Pim Pim is on the court.

But I agree, the front should be very bold. And the Swedish colors. :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-19-2004, 04:00 PM
cool...and then maybe on the back below pimsters...have whatever we like...such as our other favs :yeah:

We could do another voting poll once we have 10 designs...get designing people ;) hehe

Canuck_Chick
09-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the t-shirts should be yellow and blue since he's swedish. That way they stand out and pim-pim can see us (hopefully) :D .

And then, i agree with Jexy, the name Pimsters (for example :) ) should be on the back across the shoulder blades. So that leaves the front for the logo...

Good job on those logos by the way :yeah:

gogo_guga
09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
This is how I envision it:
*Entirely blue shirt with the Swedish flag in the front outlined in black.
*Pimsters on the back in the back across the shoulder in yellow
*"Kom Igen Pim Pim" on the right sleeve in yellow

Kat!
09-20-2004, 08:10 AM
oh wow!! these are really cute designs!! maybe "Kom Igen PimPim" can be on the front with the flag? then pimsters at the back? hmmm

great work!

Sharon
09-20-2004, 01:37 PM
these designs are cute :) i like the idea of puttin the swedish flag on the front saying Kom Igen Pimpim too (like bjorkfish's) and pimsters (assuming its pimsters ;) ) on the back with the rest of the players we really like somewhere on the back too.

Jexy
09-20-2004, 02:35 PM
hmm... t-shirt colour? I like blue, but those are so much harder to find then plain white t-shirts. Sides,... the blue and yellow flag will stand out from a white baground....
we should also paint swedish flags on out cheeks! :kiss:
and yeah, if you want other player names can go on the back as well, but under pimsters (hypothetical) and in smaller letters?? something like
P I M S T E R S
I'm also supporting:
Safin, Gaudio, Tojo.

arg, so hard to describe, I better draw it later.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-20-2004, 04:30 PM
hmm... t-shirt colour? I like blue, but those are so much harder to find then plain white t-shirts. Sides,... the blue and yellow flag will stand out from a white baground....
and yeah, if you want other player names can go on the back as well, but under pimsters (hypothetical) and in smaller letters?? something like
P I M S T E R S
I'm also supporting:
Safin, Gaudio, Tojo.

Hmmm i'm liking that...i like the blue shirt thing too but we'll see when we have a poll :D

The i'm also supporting bit is good! or maybe...Good Luck to: bla bla (hehe)

Soon the pimsters wont be hypothetical... ;) :p

star
09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
P I M S T E R S
I'm also supporting:
Safin, Gaudio, Tojo.

It's a good point about the Swedish flag on a white background being better. :)

If it's blue..... probably just Kom Ingen Pim Pim on the front in Yellow is good enough. :)

I'm satisfied to just have a t-shirt with Pim Pim on it. I don't have to put my other favorites on it. And I'm NOT painting a swedish flag on my cheek!!! :lol:

Kristen
09-22-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm visualising now, the three golden crowns you often see on supporters shirts... just thinking about how tough it would be to draw... but there's always a template! lol... go to www.tennis.se to see what im talking about ;)

star
09-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh.... That's cool too. :)

That would look good on a blue t-shirt. :)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-22-2004, 04:37 PM
aahhh nice bjorkbridge pic :inlove: :tape:

Jexy
09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
you know what guys? i really really like you guys :).. we get along great, everyone is super nice and we always make sure to vote on things so it's all democratic and everyone is welcome to express their ideas and stuff. Pimpim should be proud to have such a nice bunch of fans as ourselves! *pats everyone on the back* :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-22-2004, 07:56 PM
you know what guys? i really really like you guys :).. we get along great, everyone is super nice and we always make sure to vote on things so it's all democratic and everyone is welcome to express their ideas and stuff. Pimpim should be proud to have such a nice bunch of fans as ourselves! *pats everyone on the back* :hug:

Anyone have msn? Shall we swop addys?

I so agree jexy...we rock :D :angel: :hug: and :kiss: to everyone :wavey:

Sharon
09-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Anyone have msn? Shall we swop addys?

I so agree jexy...we rock :D :angel: :hug: and :kiss: to everyone :wavey:

i dont have msn lol we established that already :p
Anyone have AIM or ICQ so i can talk to u??? :)

yeah and we DO rock! :rocker: :yeah:

Canuck_Chick
09-23-2004, 12:52 AM

awwww...i can feel the love in this forum :) :hug:
u guys are awesome :yeah:
I don't have AIM or ICQ, but i do have MSN...
my addy is: rubber_ducky95@hotmail.com
feel free to add me and chat :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-23-2004, 03:03 AM
that would be really cool! talk to me!! AIM: mymraz MSN: jmgbigtennisball@hotmail.com i think that's all.

Sharon
09-23-2004, 04:06 AM
haha forgot to give my AIM.... -_- its er... summerlvr128 OR orlimaniac (i am a bit obsessed with orlando bloom too :p)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-23-2004, 04:33 AM
hehe, so is my cousin (obsessed with orlando)

Kristen
09-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Hey guys :wavey: My icq is 58693544, though I rarely use it.
MSN is kristenegan@hotmail.com It'd be cool to chat during his matches :yeah: and any other time!

Kat!
09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
i forgot my ICQ password... lol... i use MSN a lot these days anyway.... britishtv@hotmail.com

*waves*

Aleksa's Laydee
09-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I'll add ya all when i get home :banana: Cant wait to chat to ya :D

Aleksa's Laydee
09-23-2004, 04:24 PM
mine is: greg_rusedski_is_gorgeous@hotmail.com

(needless to say its an old email addy :haha: )

Kat!
09-24-2004, 03:25 PM
LOLLL thanks for adding me bjorkfish!! I haven't read this thread yet before I opened up MSN and saw ur email addy................. i was thinking... has to be someone from MTF!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-24-2004, 04:52 PM
LOLLL thanks for adding me bjorkfish!! I haven't read this thread yet before I opened up MSN and saw ur email addy................. i was thinking... has to be someone from MTF!

:haha: sure is and atm your watchin JCF hehe (your status is away so thats what im guessing ;) )

gogo_guga
09-25-2004, 03:04 AM
I like all ideas so far except for the whole also supporting Safin, Tojo, Nadal, etc... idea.
I mean, I am a huge advocate of the internationality and variety of characters in the sport. But I just feel that if we are going to be the "Pimsters," or potentially "Pim Pim's Posse," then it is only fair that we be a little biased and only have Pim Pim related stuff (for lack of a better word) on our shirt. I also think that it would probably be easier to get media recognition as a one player fan club as apposed to a multi-player one (i.e. net-heads, bryan bunch, brazilian crowd).
And lastly, I think that if we did the also supporting thing, Joachim would be like, "What do you mean also supporting ...? Am I not worthy of my own fan club?" Well maybe he wouldn't be blunt like that, but you know what I mean. We must keep in mind that the players are like enemies of each other when they are out on court (and sometimes even off-court), and therefore, they are more than happy to have a crowd that is exclusively supporting them.
Sorry about the bitching.

Kristen
09-25-2004, 03:10 AM
Fair enough. Knowing my luck PimPim will draw Jonas or Alexander again next year. And I know who I'd be cheering for :tape: PimPim isnt my favourite by any means. He's the one that gets pushed aside so I can cheer for someone else (because the 'someone else' is the underdog ;)) so perhaps I ought to wait to be in the 'pimsters' group until Jonas and Alex retire :lol:

Jexy
09-25-2004, 03:30 AM
I like all ideas so far except for the whole also supporting Safin, Tojo, Nadal, etc... idea.
I mean, I am a huge advocate of the internationality and variety of characters in the sport. But I just feel that if we are going to be the "Pimsters," or potentially "Pim Pim's Posse," then it is only fair that we be a little biased and only have Pim Pim related stuff (for lack of a better word) on our shirt. I also think that it would probably be easier to get media recognition as a one player fan club as apposed to a multi-player one (i.e. net-heads, bryan bunch, brazilian crowd).
And lastly, I think that if we did the also supporting thing, Joachim would be like, "What do you mean also supporting ...? Am I not worthy of my own fan club?" Well maybe he wouldn't be blunt like that, but you know what I mean. We must keep in mind that the players are like enemies of each other when they are out on court (and sometimes even off-court), and therefore, they are more than happy to have a crowd that is exclusively supporting them.
Sorry about the bitching.

You are not bitching at all. I think you're making a very valid point :) , with which one I agree. So on my shirt it's gonna go just pimpim... and if I go to other matches of other players I can always change shirts ... or wear something underneath :)

Analogy: Think of it like dating... you dont want your partner to be seeing other people, even you're you're their primary date?? :confused: ...err... at least I hope lol...!! :p

gogo_guga
09-25-2004, 05:59 PM
You are not bitching at all. I think you're making a very valid point :) , with which one I agree. So on my shirt it's gonna go just pimpim... and if I go to other matches of other players I can always change shirts ... or wear something underneath :)

Analogy: Think of it like dating... you dont want your partner to be seeing other people, even you're you're their primary date?? :confused: ...err... at least I hope lol...!! :p

Well put Jexy, I love that analogy :)
I totally like the shirt change idea as well, I will wear my Pimsters shirt to cheer for Pim Pim and my Brazil shirt to root for Guga :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-26-2004, 10:48 PM
yep, just make 2 shirts, like i did... 1 for JMG, 1 for Enqvist. thankfully they didn't play on the same day, so i just wore 1 each day.

Canuck_Chick
09-26-2004, 11:13 PM
that's a great point, and a good analogy too....u can just use the bathroom and change the shirts in-between matches....

Aleksa's Laydee
09-27-2004, 01:01 PM
yep, just make 2 shirts, like i did... 1 for JMG, 1 for Enqvist. thankfully they didn't play on the same day, so i just wore 1 each day.

But what if your favs play each other...MINE ALWAYS do!! E.g. mardy v jonas....jonas v mardy LOL

Kristen
09-27-2004, 01:25 PM
You go to another match :lol:
Oops, that was me... Jurgen vs Bogomolov in January... I watched Alexander Popp instead :drool:

star
09-27-2004, 02:12 PM
I would go to the match with both my favorites. I probably wouldn't wear the a shirt supporting either one though. :)

I'd just take the t-shirt in my bag and put it on for just the match with Pim Pim. I wouldn't wear it around all day. :lol: There's a limit to my craziness.

Sharon
09-27-2004, 11:21 PM
But what if your favs play each other...MINE ALWAYS do!! E.g. mardy v jonas....jonas v mardy LOL

:lol: happens to me too... i get so mad, but then i realize if they face each other, some fave is gonna get farther in the tourney no matter what...

but if that happens, maybe i'll wear one shirt for awhile and then come back later and wear the other one??? :p :lol:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
LOL and then the players will look at you and be like...I swear she was supporting me a minute ago :haha:

Jexy
09-28-2004, 08:09 PM
wear a mask :haha:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-28-2004, 08:20 PM

HEHE!!! :haha: :haha: Now that would just be scary...put off the players when you sit there pealing off a mask LOL

Canuck_Chick
09-28-2004, 10:27 PM

that sounds like something straight out of "Mission Impossible" LMAO :haha::haha:

Sharon
09-29-2004, 03:32 AM
:haha: :lol: pimpim will probably be like... "hmm the pimsters... what a GREAT support group" :p

Kristen
09-29-2004, 03:44 AM
I'm curious now, to know what kind of things you guys have worn or done to show your support?

Personally, I've worn (on different occasions):
-Temporary tattoos (swedish flags)
-Sewn a swedish lag patch onto a pair of jeans
-Clothing, bought specifically because it was blue/yellow *think of Industrie clothing*
-My Swedish bucket hat
-Swedish Flag - so many variations! Skirt/cape/scarf(sort of). I don't look like a nutcase when I'm surrounded by 50-100 other Swedish fans doing the same thing ;) Plus, they provide great protection against the sun :yeah:
-Painted swedish flags onto my toenails, and have had requests by swedish men to do the same to them :lol:
-blue and yellow zinc on the face

Remember, I've been to their davis cup matches :lol: so I try to look more Swedish than Aussie ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
-Painted swedish flags onto my toenails, and have had requests by swedish men to do the same to them :lol:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Well i havent done that much but for the 2 DCs I have been to...I painted my entire face the colours of the St Georges Cross Flag and worn a white t-shirt that i had decorated with paint and glitter (?!? cant spell today :o ) saying greg...go greg etc etc LOL
It worked, i got spotted by the greg fan club hehe :D
hmmm at wimbie and queens...i'v just had the swedish flag... oh and the brit flag for alex (of course :aparty: )

Jexy
09-29-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm so plain! I only wear my clothes!!

Canuck_Chick
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I've brought flags and posters to matches. I have a giant Canadian flag that I bring with me :) I've also painted the maple leaf on my face and I wear red and white (of course ;))....hmmm that's about it.

I get a LOT crazier when I go to hockey games with my buddies...

Kristen
10-13-2004, 06:53 AM
I'm thinking about badges now... I know I'm going slightly off topic, but I guess we've gotta get this logo organised soon, since we're the Pimsters (officially)... LOL! But I'm getting keen on the idea of a badge... That way I dont have to cart around different clothing... and I think my Swedish hat and flag are a fair sign of who I'm cheering for :lol:

Last night I was in bed, looking at CD cover designs, & got ideas from Chumbawumba (of all bands!), though it'd be more suitable for Jonas or the player that infuriates me at times! :rolleyes: I'll scan it later, just for the sake of it... lol It'd be way too difficult to draw/paint successfully on anything. My friend also does graphic design so I'll take a look through his website to see if there's anything suitable :aplot:

Jexy
10-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I wonder if Pimpim knows about pimsters already??? :confused:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I wonder if Pimpim knows about pimsters already??? :confused:

How? None of us have seen him :shrug: have we?

Jexy
10-13-2004, 07:23 PM
He could have read these posts.. they are easily accessible online.

Sharon
10-13-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah they are... especially if he searches "pim pim johansson" on google :lol:

i doubt he has tho.. he's probly a busy guy :p

Jexy
10-14-2004, 01:34 PM
LOL... that's true.. but other people arent... back in the time of US Open, I've read somewhere his mom reads up his match results online lol, she might have seen us and told him...:lol:

Joachim, buy your mom a TV :p a really really BIG ONE... so you can fit on the screen better lol :lol:

Canuck_Chick
10-14-2004, 09:06 PM
:haha::haha: then, with the big TV, it will be like Pim Pim is in her living room!!! :lol: maybe i should get myself one of those GIANT TV's ;)

Sharon
10-14-2004, 10:47 PM
:haha::haha: then, with the big TV, it will be like Pim Pim is in her living room!!! :lol: maybe i should get myself one of those GIANT TV's ;)

:lol: maybe i should get one too :p but just seeing pimpim on tv will be good enuf for me considereing the crap coverage i deal with :rolleyes:

Jexy
10-15-2004, 12:06 AM
LOL GUYS! :lol: only his mama should have a big tv, cause a big tv can make some fans enter some strange exillirating state of tennis Euphoria, and then his giant image on tv might get mistaken for the real thing...!!

God only knows what badness may come of that.... lol! :rolleyes:

Kristen
10-15-2004, 04:47 AM
:eek: badness indeed :scared:
I would get a little over excited to see Joachim or Alexander Popp in my living room. Then again, all I ever see on tv is grand slam matches featuring Australians :rolleyes: :tape:

The website's going well Jexy! :yeah:

Sharon
10-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I would get a little over excited to see Joachim or Alexander Popp in my living room. Then again, all I ever see on tv is grand slam matches featuring Australians :rolleyes: :tape:

well at least its better than seeing grandslam matches featuring americans all the time... cuz there so many of them :p

Jexy
10-16-2004, 07:45 PM

Thank you Bj÷rkman_Girl! :smooch:

In Canada we only get to see whatever goes on at the centre stadium :(...

Kristen
11-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm trying to think of potential logos at the moment, and I guess it has to be something synonymous with Joachim's tennis style... I found a couple of sites on Runes, and they've got Jera, which apparently means success (second pic) and tyr, meaning victory, which was apparently seen in war times :eek:

anyway, just an idea. Not exactly something to be put onto t-shirts, but it could be an example of a logo / letterhead etc. Time to put the thinking caps on!

Jexy
11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Runes are a great idea!!

Except the arrow one, I swear people will ask me why I'm pointing at myself. :p

Aleksa's Laydee
11-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Runes are a great idea!!

:haha:

Yeah i think we need to get our skates on...ok I'm going to make a deadline from this so we can have a final poll like we did for our names... right deadline for designs is...

Tuesday 16th November :) 2 weeks today...get designing and posting :)

Canuck_Chick
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Runes are a great idea!!

:lol: the arrow one would be like those "i'm with stupid" t-shirts :)
great ideas so far :)...i'm not very artistic, but i will try to think of/design something for the deadline...

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-02-2004, 11:49 PM
haha, yeah it could be like "pimster" then the arrow pointing up! :lol:

Sharon
11-02-2004, 11:50 PM
haha, yeah it could be like "pimster" then the arrow pointing up! :lol:

:lol: clever one... it'll be like the pimster's inside joke :p

Kat!
11-04-2004, 02:48 PM
lol.. i like that arrow pointing at self idea actually!

Kristen
11-07-2004, 06:44 AM
I'm trying to think of potential logos at the moment, and I guess it has to be something synonymous with Joachim's tennis style... I found a couple of sites on Runes, and they've got Jera, which apparently means success (second pic) and tyr, meaning victory, which was apparently seen in war times :eek:

anyway, just an idea. Not exactly something to be put onto t-shirts, but it could be an example of a logo / letterhead etc. Time to put the thinking caps on!
*bump* ;)
Only about ten days until we have the poll for this, right? So we don't want to end up with something lame :scratch: Get cracking pimsters!

Aleksa's Laydee
11-07-2004, 10:53 AM
yes ...come on....vamos....davai :lol:

we need more designs :)

Aleksa's Laydee
11-07-2004, 12:55 PM
only 6 designs and they are from 2 posters!!!
COME ON GUYS this is a logo for EVERYONE :wavey:

Jexy
11-07-2004, 06:26 PM
we should get about 10, which is the max options that the poll allows. That's a lot of submisions actually, submit yours, even if you think it's lame or even if it's a freak accident hehe

Kristen
11-08-2004, 05:34 AM
I was just messing around...and I think I prefer this Swedish Tyr, which would be symbolic of Swedish victory :woohoo: Anyway... lets (hopefully) get the creative juices flowing :help: :smoke:

star
11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
The tyr is nice.
I used to have a dog named Tyr. :) (a norweigan elkhound)

But, I wonder if Pim will know what it means. I like the three yellow crowns on a blue background with KOM IGEN PIM PIM on the back.

If we are going with the runic "tyr" I think it should be on the back of the shirt with PIM PIM over it or under it, and some sort of swedish design on the front. If it is a blue t-shirt you could just have the yellow cross on the front or the three crowns.

Kristen
11-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I guess Jexy will include that sort of info in the introduction, if the Tyr image was selected. I'd be very impressed if he understood its meaning :yeah:

Does anyone actually know where we can buy those Swedish shirts, the yellow crowns on a blue shirt? I've seen them on the genuine swedes, and on TV presenters here :eek:

Kristen
11-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Me again.... LOL I swear I'm never going to post in this thread again, but I want to try to get people thinking/sketching. Obviously this has to be synonymous (something which pimpim stands for) with Joachim. Something like Strength, power, nice and calm.

Umm... earth-air-water-fire..... mountains...sunrise. :lol: Maybe I should stick to Runes!

Aleksa's Laydee
11-14-2004, 11:50 AM
OK i guess we wont have a logo then as no one else seems to be bothered to put forward their designs!!!

Canuck_Chick
11-14-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess Jexy will include that sort of info in the introduction, if the Tyr image was selected. I'd be very impressed if he understood its meaning :yeah:

Does anyone actually know where we can buy those Swedish shirts, the yellow crowns on a blue shirt? I've seen them on the genuine swedes, and on TV presenters here :eek:

here are two exmaples, i think you have the second one in mind :)
the first pic is a tennis sweden logo and the second one is a swedish hockey jersey...

Jexy
11-19-2004, 01:50 AM
GUYS! can we extend this t-shirt nominations please? I was away for a while cause my modem broke and I had no internet :sad:

I'm back now tho :)

*read all the other threads* oopps.. never mind I guess ;)