Basel SF: Federer destroys Roddick 6-2 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Basel SF: Federer destroys Roddick 6-2 6-4

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Fed far too good :worship:

Certinfy
11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Ashaming from Roddick, he was probably always going to lose but he was awful out there today!

SheepleBuster
11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I know I have not been around and want to apologize to all my fans (haters). But thank you god. Roddick lost again!!

Acer
11-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Ever in doubt?

Fedicilous
Typical bend over from Roddick. Nothing special. The final is going to be extremely difficult for Rog.

Topspindoctor
Roddick is a joke player. The double fault to give Fed MP pretty much sums up his clown performance. He has reached a new milestone in his career: Being Fed's #1 bitch.

bluefork
11-06-2010, 04:54 PM
:) I do enjoy the Federer-Roddick rivalry. 20-2 now? I hope he can make it to 22-2. That has anyone ever had a 20 match lead in a h2h before?

Timariot
Roddick had a really bad service day. Fed was just very solid. His forehand seems to have made a slight comeback from the awfulness of Shanghai.

Corey Feldman
thats 20 baby

:smoke::smoke:

Johnny Groove
Roddick seems to have accepted his position as Fed's official bitch. Some of the shots Federer was hitting, Roddick didn't even bother running for :shrug:

Voo de Mar
11-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Roddick's serves and forehands on Fed's backhand are so ridiculously pathetic :o It's sad watching those matches with a knowledge Roddick was No. 1 in the world once. I hope someone deprives him the spot in Masters, would be good for A-Rod to avoid another embarrassing performance against Fed there.

Timariot
11-06-2010, 04:57 PM
:) I do enjoy the Federer-Roddick rivalry. 20-2 now? I hope he can make it to 22-2. That has anyone ever had a 20 match lead in a h2h before?

Hmmm...Borg had some very lopsided h2h's, he was for example 16-0 vs Gerulaitis, dunno if there were any with 20 match leads though. And of course on WTA Navratilova had some 30-1 or so leads over some players...

OnyxRose
Andy was always still in thr locker room. Never came out to play.

Silvester
just another day at the office/court for Fed.

Myrre
11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Fed 1st serve points won : 29/31 (94%)
Rod 1st serve points won : 24/34 (71%)

Fed Aces : 13
Rod Aces : 4

As usual, Federer outserves Roddick.

tennishero
11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
always great to see the all serve pusher get taught another lesson.

alter ego
11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Good stuff Roger, now let's destroy Fakervic.
As always (bar the 2009 Wimbledon final) Roger reads duck's serve like an open book. Broke him every time he needed to.

Voo de Mar
11-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Fed 1st serve points won : 29/31 (94%)
Rod 1st serve points won : 24/34 (71%)

As usual, Federer outserves Roddick.

Roddick has a little variety in his game in general and in serves particularly. It's just bombing Federer's perfect backhand block return :o

Corey Feldman
11-06-2010, 05:04 PM

best stat of Fed-Rod matches are always this part http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/G00nster/Smiley%20Faces/sHa_hehe.gif

djb84xi
11-06-2010, 05:07 PM
This is really no surprise at all. Roddick had an opportunity, blew it, and the rest is history. He should be more than embarrassed of having a 2-20 record against Federer.

Orka_n
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Roddick is now Federer's ostrich! :banana:

tektonac
11-06-2010, 05:13 PM
roddick choked 2nd set, should have gone to 3rd.

Blondie1985
11-06-2010, 05:14 PM
20-2

Major Ouch!!!!!~~

emotion
11-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Roddick played like absolute idiot. Why the hell does he take so much off the serve on big points? All serve mugs taking pace off their serve is a formula for disaster.
Fed played very well 1st set, rather poorly 2nd, Roddick was awful

luie
11-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Roddick should retire his pathetic readable SERVE lull's federer into thinking his" returning" is good the BLOCK RETURN so effective against roddick is useless against nadull,Novak,Murray etc.Fed should be concentrating on the "DRIVE BH return" thats more effective.
On one break point fed attempted a drive return,Robbie said "why didn't he block it"
The game has changed there aren't many big serves @ the top anymore, While fed is evolving matches like these imo is a step back,that perpetuates feds mediocre return games against todays elite.

Allez
11-06-2010, 05:21 PM
If Roger was still the best player in the world then I think Andy would have had a greater level of motivation. As things stand winning against Roger these days is neither here nor there. Everyone's doing it :mad: :mad: :mad:

henke007
11-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Roddick came back from injury and is nowhere on the level to even make it close, this should have been expected from everone beforehand.

Sillyrabbit
11-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Good match from Federer, but Roddick is such a pigeon, judging by the way he was serving, I never thought he could win, but I atl least thoght he'd take one set to a ti-break

habibko
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Roddick is a joke player. The double fault to give Fed MP pretty much sums up his clown performance. He has reached a new milestone in his career: Being Fed's #1 bitch.

you mean a joke like this?

ubh_EHB6rco

or maybe like this?

1-8JuwI5S7Q

Fujee
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
NID really. Perhaps people aren't reading into why Roger uses the block return against Rod, because it works perhaps? He obviously knows what works best against Andy because the H2H says so. I'm not saying Federer doesn't need to work on his returning, he does. But its clear that this particluar style of return works well against Roddick, but clearly does not against Nole/Rafa/Murray etc..

habibko
11-06-2010, 05:36 PM
the match point summed up this match up, Federer returns Roddick's big serve, Federer hits a short slice forcing Roddick to come forward, Roddick hits his favorite approach to the open court towards Federer's forehand, Federer passes the sitting Duck at the net.

dabeast
11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
h2h too embarrassing for Duck, keep your head up Roddick, he's still not 100% yet.

Rog, no letdown for tmr's final PLEASE.

habibko
Roddick should retire his pathetic readable SERVE lull's federer into thinking his" returning" is good the BLOCK RETURN so effective against roddick is useless against nadull,Novak,Murray etc.Fed should be concentrating on the "DRIVE BH return" thats more effective.
On one break point fed attempted a drive return,Robbie said "why didn't he block it"
The game has changed there aren't many big serves @ the top anymore, While fed is evolving matches like these imo is a step back,that perpetuates feds mediocre return games against todays elite.

so Roddick is to blame for Federer's poor return game against the top? :worship:

who the hell can return Roddick's serve with a single-handed drive backhand consistently :rolleyes:

fran70
Well done Roger:worship:. I think that Djoko is the favourite to win tomorrow though.

I don`t think that it was a bad week for Roddick overall.

nobama
11-06-2010, 05:56 PM
If Roger was still the best player in the world then I think Andy would have had a greater level of motivation. As things stand winning against Roger these days is neither here nor there. Everyone's doing it :mad: :mad: :mad:So Andy can't get up for beating Roger because everyone is doing it these days? :retard:

navy75
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Roddick has long since bent over for Federer, but even I was surprised that Roddick has quit to this extent against Federer. Roddick would do himself favors and save the fans money if he would just default when he is slated to play Federer from now on.

In other news, Federer becomes just the 6th man in the last 30 years to record 20 wins against one opponent.

nobama
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Roddick came back from injury and is nowhere on the level to even make it close, this should have been expected from everone beforehand.After he beat Nalbandian yesterday everyone was talking about how good he looked. One day later he's no where near his best?

habibko
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Roddick has long since bent over for Federer, but even I was surprised that Roddick has quit to this extent against Federer. Roddick would do himself favors and save the fans money if he would just default when he is slated to play Federer from now on.

In other news, Federer becomes just the 6th man in the last 30 years to record 20 wins against one opponent.

you mean like how he bent over for him in Miami 2008 or Wimbledon final last year? :retard:

nobama
11-06-2010, 06:05 PM
you mean like how he bent over for him in Miami 2008 or Wimbledon final last year? :retard:I guess people don't get the concept of a bad match up. I am curious as to what strategy he and Larry have though, as I don't really see one.

YANIVMUS
11-06-2010, 06:26 PM

who are the five players who did 20 wins before?

luie
11-06-2010, 06:28 PM
so Roddick is to blame for Federer's poor return game against the top? :worship:

who the hell can return Roddick's serve with a single-handed drive backhand consistently :rolleyes:
Fed's block return is great against roddick & other big servers but poor against the likes of nadull/Murray etc it just sits-up for them. The slowing down of the courts /absences of big servers in the elite pack makes it a liability.
Fed played against roddick like how he supposed to but its nadull/Murray/Novak are the players generally @ the end of slams. So thats why I stated he should avoid players like roddick, I know he cant but I just think he should realize playing roddick is not playing the other players, he has a match-up advantage on roddick not so the others.

Fujee
11-06-2010, 06:29 PM
After he beat Nalbandian yesterday everyone was talking about how good he looked. One day later he's no where near his best?

Not that i disagree with you, but Nalbandian is out of shape/form/fitness

Filo V.
11-06-2010, 06:38 PM
The result here was NID. Roddick wasn't up for it, which is unacceptable given his now 2-20 H2H. Outside of the beginning of set two, he was very poor. His serve isn't as big as it used to be, he never got an insane amount of free points v Roger, but both his first and second have lost steam. Obviously, Roger also takes advantage of Roddick going to his backhand 90% of the time and is easily able to read and dictate. Also, Andy's approach shots were just abysmal most of the time, too easy to pass, and he doesn't react well at the net.

Outside of the first serve, returning and occasionally his forehand, I wasn't too impressed by Roger's level, but he probably knew he didn't need to step it up and was so comfortable it led to him not giving his full best. He'll need to step it up v Djokovic.

Geo
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
The Federer/Roddick head-to-head is my favorite head-to-head in tennis :worship: Roddick is just always going to be Federer's bitch :lol: :shrug: It's so embarrassing for a slam winner and former #1 to have such a poor record against someone though :rolls:

nobama
11-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Not that i disagree with you, but Nalbandian is out of shape/form/fitnessWell I never claimed Roddick was looking good (never saw the match) but others were. They've not seen such aggressive play from him in a long time, he's got a good shot at 3 of the 4 slams next year, etc. I just questioned how in one day he could go from looking good to being utter shite.

Smoke944
11-06-2010, 08:01 PM
mugs match

tangerine_dream
11-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Good week for Andy overall, getting to semis, beating Fatbandian along the way :D He escapes Basel without re-injuring the groin or any other part of his body :yeah: Soon he'll be on his way to the year-end championships for the eighth year in a row. :banana:

Seingeist
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Good week for Andy overall, getting to semis, beating Fatbandian along the way :D He escapes Basel without re-injuring the groin or any other part of his body :yeah: Soon he'll be on his way to the year-end championships for the eighth year in a row. :banana:

Yeah but, why do people even care if he goes to the WTF if he's only going to put up performances like this one?

Corey Feldman
11-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah but, why do people even care if he goes to the WTF if he's only going to put up performances like this one?Rod still gave 99.9% more effort to beat Fed today than Troicki did v his loverboy Nole

Seingeist
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Rod still gave 99.9% more effort to beat Fed today than Troicki did v his loverboy Nole

You try SO HARD to demonstrate that you know absolutely nothing about tennis. It's kinda...:sad:

dombrfc
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I honestly think Roddick can beat Federer, Roddick has impressed me that much over his last 3 matches.

Clown

solowyn
11-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Clown
*giggle*

:p

Corey Feldman
11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
any Roddick interview/quotes

and youtube highlighs

?

Smoke944
11-06-2010, 09:02 PM
any Roddick interview/quotes

and youtube highlighs

?

:rolleyes:

cutesteve22
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
great win for Roger

dombrfc
11-06-2010, 09:07 PM
*giggle*

:p

:scratch:

tangerine_dream
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah but, why do people even care if he goes to the WTF if he's only going to put up performances like this one?
Getting to WTF has been Andy's goal this season and it's no small feat if he were to win a spot for the eighth year in a row. To be a consistent top eight player, to be good enough to earn a ticket to the year end championships is nothing to sneeze at. The fact that he hasn't thrown in the towel and dropped out of top 20 after so many career losses to Federer is even more impressive. We all saw what happened to Murray after losing the AO. Now multiply that by 20 and see how he manages after a few years.

Andy simply refuses to give up and go away. Bad news for his critics. http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/icons/icon10.gif

RafaFan95
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I didn`t see the match but it seems that Federer is very strong at the moment.

leng jai
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Your fake positivity is kinda adorable.

Corey Feldman
11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
just seen MP again

Rod barely looked at fed at the handshake

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/G00nster/Smiley%20Faces/sHa_hehe.gif

Smoke944
11-06-2010, 09:46 PM
just seen MP again

Rod barely looked at fed at the handshake

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/G00nster/Smiley%20Faces/sHa_hehe.gif

*snikker*

HKz
11-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Andy didn't want Roger to pull another ridiculous shot like the last time they played in Basel :(

So disappointing it must be for Roddick. The beginning of the year looked absolutely promising. He should of done better in Australia, but he did real well at IW/Miami and it should have continued.

Vida
11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
last years W finals was high point for roddick, and Im afraid its not coming back.

Pea
11-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Might've been tougher against bye.

Jimnik
11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Andy :sad:

Too many bad errors on important points. Serving to stay in the match, DF at 30-30 summed it up.

Still a decent come-back week though.

tealeaves
11-07-2010, 01:08 AM
OMG just saw a bit of the match on youtube. oh GAWD roddick is AWFUL.

careergrandslam
11-07-2010, 07:00 AM
fed fans getting pretty cocky in here.

best medicine for that arrogance is for rafa to face fed and rafa gives the usual beatdown on fed, that will bring em down to earth.

Bobby
11-07-2010, 08:38 AM

best medicine for that arrogance is for rafa to face fed and rafa gives the usual beatdown on fed, that will bring em down to earth.

And everything is about Nadal, as usual.

Lopez
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
There are few things in this world which are more NID than the outcome of a Federer-Roddick match.

Hoping for a good final.

Corey Feldman
11-07-2010, 03:36 PM

best medicine for that arrogance is for rafa to face fed and rafa gives the usual beatdown on fed, that will bring em down to earth.Not really

still 16 >> 9 aint it :shrug:

bhathiya9999
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Nice FEd Keep going.. But you can't beat Nadal for sure

Corswandt
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Roddick had a really bad service day.

Yup. Even when Fed beats up on Dick, Dick is usually stronger than this on serve. It was predictable and lacked raw km/h.

Mungo
11-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Federer will be lucky to be no.3 after the Australian Open (he defends 2,000 points). Djokovic will pass him for sure, maybe Murray too. After that he will be too old to make a comeback.

navy75
11-08-2010, 05:42 AM
who are the five players who did 20 wins before?

I too would like to know the answer to this. They said it several times on the broadcast, and it is mentioned again in this article http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/news/352282,reach-repeat-basle-final.html

Off the top of my head, I know that McEnroe beat Connors 20 times and that Sampras beat Agassi 20 times, so there are two of the other five. I think it is a safe bet to say that none of the others were this lopsided, as to meet this many times implies that both players players are a cut above the rest, and generally top players are at least a little more competitive with one another.

Pirata.
11-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Soon he'll be on his way to the year-end championships for the eighth year in a row. :banana:

it's no small feat if he were to win a spot for the eighth year in a row.

He didn't play last year... :confused:

Vida
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I watched recently fed-roddick in AO, was it 07, and AO 09, and also, from USO 07, was it semifinals. its always the same. basically fed has those few tricks that work so well against roddick, who, lets be frank, is not the most multidimensional player there is. blocks his serve, sharps that forehand that roddick simply cant handle, draws him to the net with low slices and than makes the exact same pass, weather its down the line or on the cross. and poor andy, bless him, always has that bewildered kind of look on him, always the same. itd be hilarious if it wearent saddening.

habibko
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I watched recently fed-roddick in AO, was it 07, and AO 09, and also, from USO 07, was it semifinals. its always the same. basically fed has those few tricks that work so well against roddick, who, lets be frank, is not the most multidimensional player there is. blocks his serve, sharps that forehand that roddick simply cant handle, draws him to the net with low slices and than makes the exact same pass, weather its down the line or on the cross. and poor andy, bless him, always has that bewildered kind of look on him, always the same. itd be hilarious if it wearent saddening.

yeah it's so easy to do, that's why Djokovic has such a great record against him and won the last 4 matches.

oh wait...

Vida
11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
yeah it's so easy to do, that's why Djokovic has such a great record against him and won the last 4 matches.

oh wait...

nobody mentioned djokovic here moron.

habibko
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM

a bit sensitive aren't we :hug:

your fanboyism doesn't allow you to see the point, if Roddick is as uni-dimensional as you make him to be and can be beaten that simply, then why has a top player like Djokovic failed to do it time and time again?

it isn't easy, but Federer makes it look easy.

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 01:02 PM

If it is so easy to beat Roddick why is such a great player as Djokovic unable to do it? :confused: :hug:

Vida
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
a bit sensitive aren't we :hug:

your fanboyism doesn't allow you to see the point, if Roddick is as uni-dimensional as you make him to be and can be beaten that simply, then why has a top player like Djokovic failed to do it time and time again?

it isn't easy, but Federer makes it look easy.

spare me.

Vida
11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
If it is so easy to beat Roddick why is such a great player as Djokovic unable to do it? :confused: :hug:

if you must know, djoko was in a slump for a prolonged period (no serve, brain farts, asthma, mad-dad etc), AND he doesnt match up to roddick as well as does fed.

bokehlicious
11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
if you must know, djoko was in a slump for a prolonged period (no serve, brain farts, asthma, mad-dad etc), AND he doesnt match up to roddick as well as does fed.

Roddick is a bad match-up for pretty much everyone bar Fed, just because Fed can handle his serve... Nothing to do with match-up here :hug:

:lol: I won't bother commentating on those "excuses" when I know you are the first to believe Fed never had mono..............

Corey Feldman
11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
If it is so easy to beat Roddick why is such a great player as Djokovic unable to do it? :confused: :hug:GSM JMATE.

Vida
11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Roddick is a bad match-up for pretty much everyone bar Fed, just because Fed can handle his serve... Nothing to do with match-up here :hug:

:lol: I won't bother commentating on those "excuses" when I know you are the first to believe Fed never had mono..............

its all about matchup here. ask fed, I think after this match he said something like 'his game suits mine so well'.

as for mono, lets just say my dilemmas are of terminological nature.