Basel QF: Troicki rolls over Gasquet 6-4, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Basel QF: Troicki rolls over Gasquet 6-4, 6-2

misty1
11-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Viktor keeps on going strong

He couldnt serve in the first set then starting serving really well in the second set. He had one game there with 3 aces alone

munZe konZa
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
It's BASEL

HKz
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
So much for Richard's fitness

misty1
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
It's BASEL

fixed it, thanks

Seingeist
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Viktor, you legend! :yeah:

p.s. If your countryman gets past Haase, please fall to him in the semis and don't give everyone a heart attack like you did in USO R1.

simplet
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Meh that's just as well.

Gasquet has been pretty bad for a while, and let's face it indoor is by far his worst surface. Now he's sure not to play davis cup, honestly I prefer it that way.

adam10
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
He couldnt serve in the first set

??? What do you mean ...

ImmzB
11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Richie! :sad:

emotion
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Gasquet looks increasingly average. Even the flashes of brilliance are lessening. I think he's gone.

misty1
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
He couldnt serve in the first set

??? What do you mean ...

up until the last 2 service games his first serve was well below 50%

Certinfy
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
What a legend.

savesthedizzle
11-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Viktor :rocker:

Puschkin
11-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Now he's sure not to play davis cup.
I wish you were right, but he will be called as the fifth guy, sacrifice his prep season to train the other guys (like he did already twice this year) and get no reward. A lose-lose situation. :banghead:

Lee
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
up until the last 2 service games his first serve was well below 50%

And still Gasquet had no break point on his serve.

misty1
11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
yeah i know....

i didnt say he played poorly i said he served poorly for a large part of the first set

finishingmove
11-05-2010, 03:48 PM
great job vik :yeah:

Orka_n
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Better player won.

philosophicalarf
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Gasquet looks increasingly average. Even the flashes of brilliance are lessening.

Yup, he's not done anything since about 2007 (beat Djoko at TMC, and Roddick in Wimbledon quarters).

He's ranked 27, and that basically is where his performances are. Occasionally beats guys 10-15, can't do anything much against top10 generally.

"Talented flake" has become consistent finally ..... consistently average

sanshisan
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
It was great to see Troicki out there looking so confident and playing so well. Looking forward to seeing Victor break into the top 20 if he keeps playing like this.

Interesting serve action, very like Tipsarevic - very low ball toss but gets alot of aces (12) out of it. Maybe more accurate and fewer DF than the classic high ball toss.

«Ivan»
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
he dedicated this win to his suncica(sunny girl would be in english):

http://i56.tinypic.com/rsfvjt.jpg

Vida
11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
both viktor and sunny girl kick ass.

hyperren
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Go Viktor!

Brick Top
11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Vik still strong

Sham Kay
11-05-2010, 05:19 PM
happy for viktor. Finally showin' his stuff. He better keep this up to Aussie next year, or risk being just another mug to us MTF'ers. We know he doesnt want that.

Ouragan
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Dedicated to new MTF :retard: Blackbriar.

out_here_grindin
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Troicki has been sharp lately. I used to be critical of his game but he seems to be finding his way lately.

nemanjam
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
he dedicated this win to his suncica(sunny girl would be in english):

http://i56.tinypic.com/rsfvjt.jpg

They aren't together anymore

Seingeist
11-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Nole, Tipsy, and Troicki all in form. Frenchies are gonna have their hands full in the DC final. :rocker:

Deivid23
11-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Well done Richie

adam10
11-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Nole, Tipsy, and Troicki all in form. Frenchies are gonna have their hands full in the DC final. :rocker:

No,Monfils and Simon also in form. Not easy for Troicki/Tipsy to take a win from them.

Vida
11-05-2010, 06:43 PM
No,Monfils and Simon also in form. Not easy for Troicki/Tipsy to take a win from them.

they started one by one :rolleyes:

Scotso
11-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Viktor's on fire lately. :D

Blackbriar
11-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I told you yesterday, he was playing bad, and was lucky to get by the LL. At least there's one good point, now he is sure he won't have to play the completely useless Davis Cup. And he won't prepare it either because he's sure not to play, even the doubles. At least, he will comfort the other frenchmen after the defeat without suffering further insults from half-brained monkeys like Ouragan.

So his season ends next week, I hope he will finish it vs Federer on centre court. That would be good, but he needs to beat Mahut first.

shiaben
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Djokovic will defeat this guy probably 6-4, 6-4.

cutesteve22
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
bad staff from Richard

Filo V.
11-05-2010, 11:40 PM
People are acting as if Richie's hit rock bottom. He's still a competent player and won two matches here. He's 37-21 on the season. Let's not act as if his world is crashing. It's simply that he was overrated from the beginning, but he's still a good player.

Today, Richie had some opportunities in the first set and didn't lose a first serve point. But Troicki played a good match and took full advantage of Richie standing way behind the baseline by being aggressive and hitting through Richie. Served a lot better himself as the match went on. He was just too good on the day. Viktor has really improved of late and started bringing his best game to the courts consistently. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for him.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Gasquet should be ashamed. He has so much talent and flair its so annoying to see him lose to oafs like Troicki who have zero talent. Back in 2007 Gasquet would own this sort of player in his sleep. Had high hopes of a gasquet vs Federer final actually if Novak lost early. Oh well the match up is happening next week so its all good. Bad for the game

Topspindoctor
11-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Gasquet should be ashamed. He has so much talent and flair its so annoying to see him lose to oafs like Troicki who have zero talent. Back in 2007 Gasquet would own this sort of player in his sleep. Had high hopes of a gasquet vs Federer final actually if Novak lost early. Oh well the match up is happening next week so its all good. Bad for the game

Gasquet and talented do not belong in the same sentence.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Gasquet and talented do not belong in the same sentence.

i think you need to watch live tennis.

Topspindoctor
11-06-2010, 03:41 AM
i think you need to watch live tennis.

I've watched Gasquet live, thanks. Having a flashy backhand does not make you talented. He has pathetic forehand, serve and fitness. People claiming he was going to be the next big thing are making me laugh. He hasn't been past R4 in any slam except Wimbledon and failed to win any big title and this clown is supposed to be talented? Seriously, why am I even bothering to reply to someone who thinks Mugray has better FH than Nole and John Isner is exciting to watch?

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-06-2010, 04:52 AM
I've watched Gasquet live, thanks. Having a flashy backhand does not make you talented. He has pathetic forehand, serve and fitness. People claiming he was going to be the next big thing are making me laugh. He hasn't been past R4 in any slam except Wimbledon and failed to win any big title and this clown is supposed to be talented? Seriously, why am I even bothering to reply to someone who thinks Mugray has better FH than Nole and John Isner is exciting to watch?

Are you fucking kidding me?. He has a great stance of both wings and makes fantastic contact with the ball, his takeback is solid on both wings and he can do wonders with the ball, his ability to read play and hit a fantastic winner is phenomenal and he can hit dropshost out of nowhere and the spin he creates is perfect and effortless. His technique is a coachs best friend, it is very eccentric. He uses a continental grip for the fh, that may be why you dont like it idk. His serve is very good as well, bends his knees at the perfect time whilst keeping a straight back on delivery with a prestine motion. As for his result yes hes inconsistent because he is fucking unfit and cant last the distance in big matches, he has played a ton of wonderous matches in his career so far, and if he kept up high level he would obviously have better results. If it wasnt for his fitness, he might not have lost close matches vs murray,Haas,youzhny,gonzalez,Tsonga etc.

get your shit together :rolleyes:

Blackbriar
11-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Are you fucking kidding me?. He has a great stance of both wings and makes fantsic contact with the ball, his takeback is solid on both wings and he can do wonders with the ball, his ability to read play and hit a fantstic winner is phenomneal and he can hit dropshost out of nowhere and the spin he creats is perfect and effortless. His technique is a coachs best friend, it is very eccentric. He uses a continental grip for the fh, that may be why you dont like it idk. His serve is very good as well, bends his knees at the perfect time whilsyt keeping a straight bakc on delivery with a pretine motion. As for his resulst yes hes inconsistent because he is fucking unfit and cant last the distance in big matches, he has playeda ton of wonderous matches in his career so far, and if he kept up high level he would obviously have better results. If it wasnt for his fitness, he might not hav eloss matches vs murray,Haas,youzhny,gonzalez,Tsonga etc.

get your shit together :rolleyes:

you perfectly resumed Richard :yeah: do not forget his lack of mental toughness. He is not a competitor at soul. And high level tennis is all about competition. Honestly i fear the worst for him, and i stand it's his old coach responsability. Markus was waaayy better for him.

DrJules
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
People are acting as if Richie's hit rock bottom. He's still a competent player and won two matches here. He's 37-21 on the season. Let's not act as if his world is crashing. It's simply that he was overrated from the beginning, but he's still a good player.

Today, Richie had some opportunities in the first set and didn't lose a first serve point. But Troicki played a good match and took full advantage of Richie standing way behind the baseline by being aggressive and hitting through Richie. Served a lot better himself as the match went on. He was just too good on the day. Viktor has really improved of late and started bringing his best game to the courts consistently. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for him.

After 2 years in the top 20 Gasquet ended 2007 ranked 8. He has never returned to his form before the cocaine issues. Without the incident there is a strong case that he may have become a steady top 10 player. He ended 2009 ranked 52 and will end 2010 ranked around 25 so is moving in the right direction as a higher ranking will give him better draws.

yuri27
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM

No,he was rated correctly back then.
The problem is that no one could predict he would get worse from 18-20 to 24.
Want a proof?? few years ago,he was able to almost always give trouble to Federer when he met him.
Now,he would most probably get trashed everytime by Federer,despite Federer having getting worse since then(which is understandable from 25-26 to 28).

leng jai
11-06-2010, 11:01 PM
richie21 at it again.

yuri27
11-06-2010, 11:40 PM
richie21 at it again.

For the last time,i'm NOT this richie21.
As everyone was calling me this guy,i had the curiosity of watching some of the posts of this guy and apart the fact he posted a lot about Gasquet,the similarities beetween me and that guy stop there.
The guy was a fan of Clownga and Mugray ffs!!:haha::haha:

leng jai
11-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Except that you both post the exact same complaints about how Gasquet was amazing when he was young and has sucked more as hes got older. Not to mention that you post almost exclusively in Gasquet match threads.

Certinfy
11-07-2010, 12:06 AM
A Gasquet fan calling Tsonga, 'Clownga', and calling Murray, 'Mugray'. :haha: Too good :worship:

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
After 2 years in the top 20 Gasquet ended 2007 ranked 8. He has never returned to his form before the cocaine issues. Without the incident there is a strong case that he may have become a steady top 10 player. He ended 2009 ranked 52 and will end 2010 ranked around 25 so is moving in the right direction as a higher ranking will give him better draws.

He has improved from where he was a year ago, and you are right in that we will never really know if he could have continued as a top 10 player, as injuries, personal issues and the cocaine drama hounded him for so long. But, with that said, a lot of people called him the new Federer, people expected him to hang with Rafa as they grew up together, and that's simply not his level. Sure, I can see him in the revolving door that is the bottom half of the top 10, but in terms of a serious threat in the game, that's not Gasquet, and he's never been that, never will be. He's potentially dangerous v the top guns, wins against players he's expected to most of the time, and that's about the extent of it.

Filo V.
11-07-2010, 12:57 AM
No,he was rated correctly back then.
The problem is that no one could predict he would get worse from 18-20 to 24.
Want a proof?? few years ago,he was able to almost always give trouble to Federer when he met him.
Now,he would most probably get trashed everytime by Federer,despite Federer having getting worse since then(which is understandable from 25-26 to 28).

Gasquet hasn't gotten worse. He hasn't improved as quickly or well as many of his peers around him. As they have climbed, he's stayed around the same. And he's been damaged by injuries and personal problems. He's never been able to make that step forward, so it seems like he's sliding, but he's a better player now than in the mid 2000s.

yuri27
11-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Except that you both post the exact same complaints about how Gasquet was amazing when he was young and has sucked more as hes got older.

And you truly think i'm the only tennis fan in France(let alone in the world) who think that???:eek:

Not to mention that you post almost exclusively in Gasquet match threads.

You're exagerating.

so it seems like he's sliding, but he's a better player now than in the mid 2000s.

No,he's not,by a long way.
At 18-19,he finished the year almost at top 10 despite playing almost half of the season and he was consistently giving hard matches to the likes of Federer(a Federer who was at his peak back then,not the shadow version of Federer we've seen in the last few years).