WTF 2009 or 2010? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WTF 2009 or 2010?

superganon
11-05-2010, 01:54 AM
okay so the big blowout is soon here with the top 8 players fighting to conquer the last epic trophy that will end this season. but looking to the players that are fighting for the last 3 spots, i cant really see it top the 2009 players lineup.

2009 was the year fed reconquered the nr1 spot. nadal was injured both mentally and physichly. murray and djokovic was the 2 "challengers" to make the big blow to fed,nadal-instead JM del potro took his shots at the right time and won a slam. Soderling made a fantastic revamp to his old/new game. Davydenko Played flawless at the seasons end and verdasco was part of one of the best matches in 2009 (if not the best)

so if we look to this years players and what the have achived this season, i can atleast tell from my pov, that the upcoming line up for 2010 WTF is really weak.
first of all, davydenko and JMDP isnt there. 2 of all, berdych will prob get a spot but his form is so bad recently he could lose to murray 6-0 6-0... ferrer is a fighter, but i miss JM DP and davy up there. only good with upcoming WTF is that roddick might get the last spot. since im swedish i was to glad for sods apperance in 2009 WTF to feel sympathy for roddick (cuz he is entertaining ofc :P)

just look at the lineup:
2009:
Federer
Nadal
Djokovic
Murray
Del Potro
Davydenko
Verdasco
Soderling

Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Murray
Soderling
Berdych*
Ferrer*
Roddick*

so do u guys agree? will 2010 WTF be as "BIG" as 2009 WTF?

Topspindoctor
11-05-2010, 01:58 AM
2010 WTF has no fixer or ball basher. That automatically makes it better.

Pirata.
11-05-2010, 02:28 AM
I don't know but I hope we get more moments like this. Fernando :hug:

http://imgur.com/4151E.gif

Pirata.
11-05-2010, 02:29 AM
2010 WTF has no fixer or ball basher. That automatically makes it better.

Soderling and Berdych are ball bashers :shrug:

Sillyrabbit
11-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Let's wait till we see the winner. Depending on who wins it, it'll either be the:

"Shittiest YEC ever in a pathetic weak era" or

"A well deserved win in one of the most competitive tourneys in like forever" or

"Blue clay"

Seingeist
11-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Let's wait till we see the winner. Depending on who wins it, it'll either be the:

"Shittiest YEC ever in a pathetic weak era" or

"A well deserved win in one of the most competitive tourneys in like forever" or

"Blue clay"

:lol: +1 :yeah:

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-05-2010, 03:49 AM
2009 by a country mile. Everyone was playing much better last year.

Priam
11-05-2010, 04:31 AM
2009 had a better field. Maybe somehow Verdasco and Berdych don't qualify?

Nr 1 Fan
11-05-2010, 11:34 AM

:haha:
Forgot all about that.
Thanks for bringing it up again.

2009 by miles btw, this year since USOpen everybody seems to be in bad form, except for the Djoker.

emotion
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Unless Ferrer wins, 09 for me :p

Orka_n
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
2009 had a better field. Maybe somehow Verdasco and Berdych don't qualify?Verdasco probably won't qualify, for that he'd have to go deep in Paris... not likely. Berdych is pretty safe though at the moment.

I for one would rather take Ferrer than Verdasco, but that's the only improvement from 2009 imo. I'd prefer to watch in form Kolya and Delpo over Berdych (who I like btw) and Roddick... but it is what it is, right? It still has potential to be a great tournament. Who knows, maybe Berdych somehow wakes from his coma and plays good a few matches.

Certinfy
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
At the moment 09 really, everyone there was more than capable of beating each other.

This year's field at the moment is pretty good as well though.

HKz
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM

That was such a comical point.

But uh, 2009 felt a little more open and exciting leading up to the WTF. Davydenko/Djokovic clearly being the top 2 players at the end of the season, we had 3 different GS winners, two fairly new top-10 players who could actually play against the big boys consistently (Soderling/Del Potro) and both Federer/Nadal were questionable making it more intriguing.

adam10
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Fedicilous
11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Comparable lineups. Verdasco is replaced by another mug and choker- Berdych. Either Federer and Nadal will pray to get him in their group.

Probably a : Federer/Nadal, Murray, Berdych and Ferrer will be named a Joke Group.

Certinfy
11-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Comparable lineups. Verdasco is replaced by another mug and choker- Berdych. Either Federer and Nadal will pray to get him in their group.
Bullshit! Federer knows Berdych plays his best tennis against him, just look at their last few meetings and you'll see...

Filo V.
11-05-2010, 11:29 PM
2009 definitely was more impressive with Davydenko, who was playing well, Del Potro, winner of the US Open and who beat Rafa and Roger in the season, and Verdasco, an entertaining player coming off his best season. This year, truthfully, Ferrer nor Roddick are as interesting as any of those three guys. They are solid veterans, but in comparison, sort of dull to watch. Berdych has been awful lately. The bottom line is, this year it's been all about the top 4, for several reasons. The quality of tennis does seem lower this season in general, but it's more that the difference between the top 4 and everyone else has been really exposed even more than people already knew.

Mechlan
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
2009 without question. A lot of the players appear in both, but the quality of play for the lesser lights was a lot higher at this time last year. Maybe 2010 will surprise though, who knows.

selyoink
11-06-2010, 03:49 AM
2009 by a gigantic margin. Everyone was in excellent form except Mugdasco who is never a good player. Is there anyone really in form other than maybe Djokovic and Fed right now? I can't see them.

Certinfy
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
2009 by a gigantic margin. Everyone was in excellent form except Mugdasco who is never a good player. Is there anyone really in form other than maybe Djokovic and Fed right now? I can't see them.Meh, Verdasco actually played pretty well last year at the World Tour Finals though :shrug:

Nadal was clearly not in 'excellent' form btw ;)

Blackbriar
11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
:haha:
Forgot all about that.
Thanks for bringing it up again.

2009 by miles btw, this year since USOpen everybody seems to be in bad form, except for the Djoker.

:rolls: perfection, pure Fiasco :)

Jomp1
11-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll let the actual matches be played and then we'll see. I just hope the groups will look even on paper, i.e. not Federer/Nadal, Murray, Soderling, Roddick drawn into one group. I would like to see something like Federer, Djokovic, Soderling, Ferrer and Nadal, Murray, Berdych, Roddick.