Valencia R2- G.Simon Rips Verdasco To Shreds 6-1 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Valencia R2- G.Simon Rips Verdasco To Shreds 6-1 6-3

Iván
11-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Never seen verdasco look so glum

Montego
11-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Please Verdasco get out of the Top20 and give place for better players

aloniv
11-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Verdasco was terrible. Gilles wasn't even that great, despite the great scoreline ;)

misty1
11-03-2010, 09:17 PM
happy for gilles, defended last year

hopefully he can keep going

tennisfan856
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
one player showed he was a professional, the other looked like he was picked off the street.

I am sick of the double faults, the mood swings. Forget the top 20, get out of the top 100 Verdasco.

aloniv
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Davydenko is next. Gilles has a good record against Kolya, so considering Kolya's lack of form he should fancy his chances.

Blackbriar
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Fiasco is da shit

ZaZoo)
Nando, take a break and call it a year..

Montego
Davydenko is next. .

He will have his problems against Chela

misty1
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
davy has to get by chela first and he's chela's bitch so its probably going to be chela

solowyn
:drink:
Come back in 2011, nando.

Silver.
Yes! Gilles! Let's keep going :yippee:

Nando = :timebomb:

Pirata.
11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Disgusting performance :o

Fernando, skip Paris and go to Las Vegas and run up the mountain with Gil Reyes. Get back to your spring 2009 form. No excuse for these horrible losses.

aloniv
11-03-2010, 09:23 PM
He will have his problems against Chela

Thought the Spanish commentator mentioned Davydenko. Oh well, let's hope for Gilles sake that Davydenko does in fact win.

emotion
11-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Fiasco

Sapeod
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Retire, Verdasco...just retire and save the ATP from your crappy tennis.

Corey Feldman
11-03-2010, 09:43 PM
:haha: take that Verdasco

go and hit the bars now with Ivanovic and Wozniacki

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
:haha: take that Verdasco

go and hit the bars now with Ivanovic and Wozniacki

Woz is too immature. She has the mind of a 2 year old.

Johnny Groove
11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
one player showed he was a professional, the other looked like he was picked off the street.

I am sick of the double faults, the mood swings. Forget the top 20, get out of the top 100 Verdasco.

Yep.

This is shameful, Nando.

.-Federers_Mate-.
nando will pick it up in Jan next year like he always, has he had a haircut yet?. Gilles is in good form at the moment. Hope to see him lift the title.

Nando has not been the same since losing to Fed @ Indian Wells 2009...it crushed all his momentum

henke007
Well this was pretty expected..

DartMarcus
11-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Simon must be out of form. Losing 4 games to Fiasco is disgrace.

Orka_n
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Gilles in 2, as expected as is gets. If Dasco qualifies for WTF now it's an abomination.

VerdASSco
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Nando has not been the same since losing to Fed @ Indian Wells 2009...it crushed all his momentum

That's a ridiculous statement.

Javier Bardem
11-03-2010, 10:04 PM

exactly! this verdasco meltdown has gone on way too long... he better come back next year, i really like his tennis when hes on. Gilles though is getting tons of wins now, glad to see him back.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
That's a ridiculous statement.

No its not. Fed killed his momentum and his confidence.

timafi
11-03-2010, 10:30 PM
go home playboy:bigwave::bigwave:

Hellraiser
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
It was awful, almost 40 UEs in 16 36 score :rolleyes:

Speed of Light
11-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Verdasco should retire

finishingmove
11-03-2010, 11:08 PM
this thread is on the juice

coonster14
11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Pitiful performance, get your head together Nando, actually just call it an end for the season, can't stand watching any more of this type of tennis.

Glad to see Gilles getting more wins now, with Murray out, hope Gilles can lift the trophy.

sammy01
11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
really happy gilles is racking up these end of season wins, setting him up nicely for 2011. keep it going gilles. :)

allpro
11-03-2010, 11:42 PM

.....Fed killed his momentum and his confidence.

wishful non-thinking. nando made wtf in '09 and had a very strong clay court season this year.

......and if anyone had "killed his momentum and his confidence" in early '09, it would have been rafa at ao, not federer at iw.

selyoink
11-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Is Mugdasco out of the top 10 yet? Tennis will rejoice when he is. Disgusting player.

fran70
11-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Another great victory for Gilles. Now he has the draw open with no real threats to reach the final here.

Topspindoctor
11-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Retire, Verdasco...just retire and save the ATP from your crappy tennis.

Should be giving this same advice to Mugray :bigwave:

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
11-04-2010, 03:04 AM
forehand fiasco

mugdasco

tabasco

simon is the biggest pusher on the tour

to get whupped by him demands an instant retirement

Forehander
11-04-2010, 03:30 AM
This is meant to be a surprise? Not at all.

careergrandslam
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
what a disgusting clown this verdasco is, shameful getting thrashed in spain by a frenchman.
remember this was supposed to be the next nadal.
he was so hyped.

Geo
11-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Didn't Verdasco recently change his racquet to another brand because he was offered a deal? Maybe that's why he's sucking so much these days :shrug: :o

Pirata.
11-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Didn't Verdasco recently change his racquet to another brand because he was offered a deal? Maybe that's why he's sucking so much these days :shrug: :o

Yes, but he only used it at like two tournaments. He used Yonex for San Jose/Memphis/Acapulco then said it wasn't working out and dropped it after having signed the deal. Then he signed with Dunlop but only used the Dunlop racquet at a couple events earlier in the summer. Other than that, he's basically been using his old racquet blacked out since Indian Wells.

Havok
11-04-2010, 05:41 AM
It's been a while Verdasco has been playing with Dunlop now. Personally I think he should have stuck with Yonex when he was trying out different rackets, which he won San Jose with.

Honestly, just call it a year Fernando things obviously aren't going well for him lately and I think the fact that he forced himself a little too much into overplaying during the clay court season due to good results ultimately hurt him in the end. He's never been smart with his scheduling but now that he's completed his second year as a top 10 player, you'd think he would smarten up about that fact.:o

Anyways take a break from tennis as a whole, then get back to training and get into tip top physical form. Oh and lose some of that muscle mass you've put on. Honestly don't know why he's been bulking up throughout this year he was fine the way he was when he made than leap from top 20/30 player to top 10 and potential GS contender early in 2009!

tennisfan856
11-04-2010, 05:53 AM
He can train all he wants, but he has lost it mentally.

I've watched him a handful of times since the summer and I've seen him literally quit in matches. He missed a break point opportunity in today's match and he swung his arms in the air, proceeding to tank the next two points. Who literally does that with the ranking he has?

unless he sees a psychologist or does some mental exercises during the offseason, he is going to continue to show moments of greatness and then moments of "how the hell is he a professional tennis player?"

jrm
11-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Expected - hardly a suprise

hicdick
11-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Please Verdasco get out of the Top20 and give place for better players

agreed. people go on about how this is competitive/strong era in tennis, but if it were true, verdasco would be nowhere near top10.. now he has been in top 15 for how long excatly? yes, he had a good clay season this year but besides that, what has he ever achieved??? one grand slam semifinal, wow.

Pirata.
11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
It's been a while Verdasco has been playing with Dunlop now. Personally I think he should have stuck with Yonex when he was trying out different rackets, which he won San Jose with.

Honestly, just call it a year Fernando things obviously aren't going well for him lately and I think the fact that he forced himself a little too much into overplaying during the clay court season due to good results ultimately hurt him in the end. He's never been smart with his scheduling but now that he's completed his second year as a top 10 player, you'd think he would smarten up about that fact.:o

Anyways take a break from tennis as a whole, then get back to training and get into tip top physical form. Oh and lose some of that muscle mass you've put on. Honestly don't know why he's been bulking up throughout this year he was fine the way he was when he made than leap from top 20/30 player to top 10 and potential GS contender early in 2009!

From what I recall, he said he couldn't get a good feel on the Yonex racquets when he played on clay. He didn't have a particularly difficult draw in San Jose in the first place so I don't think the racquet really did anything special, considering he went back to Tecnifibre after Acapulco and then proceeded to make the Monte Carlo final and win Barcelona.

But I agree completely with the scheduling and fitness, as well as the fact that he needs some kind of sports psychological intervention. He looks like he's gained about 20 pounds of muscle and it's had a huge impact on his movement. Comparing his body and his footwork from early 2009 to now, he is almost a completely different person. I saw him play in Cincy and he was slow and sluggish. He tries to throw all his weight into a shot and maybe last year it would've painted the line, but now that he's bulked up so much, he just overhits everything, spraying balls all over the place.

He's so talented but he doesn't seem to make many intelligent decisions about anything. During his first round USO match, Darren Cahill mentioned that he told Fernando earlier this year not to switch racquets and not to play Nice, and he didn't listen. Imagine having Darren Cahill as your pseudo-coach, he gives you useful advice and you ignore him :o

propi
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Gosh Fernando, nobody's forcing you to play more this season if you don't want to :p
I hope either you change your attitude or don't play WTF.

The Matador
11-04-2010, 02:01 PM
The 1st set was over in 22 minutes 6-1 simon is that really a top 10 player playing at home....

Fumus
11-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Where is all this hate for Nando coming from? Seriously? Doesn't someone have to be really good and like a threat to top players to have this many haters? I can understand Murray's or Djoko's or Nadal's or Monfils' or Simon's or Federer's or Soderling's or Roddick's etc...detractors but seriously when has Nando won anything? How can you hate this guy? He hasn't really done anything yet.

Pirata.
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Where is all this hate for Nando coming from? Seriously? Doesn't someone have to be really good and like a threat to top players to have this many haters? I can understand Murray's or Djoko's or Nadal's or Monfils' or Simon's or Federer's or Soderling's or Roddick's etc...detractors but seriously when has Nando won anything? How can you hate this guy? He hasn't really done anything yet.

Won both of his titles and an exo this year by beating a top ten player in the final, has beaten Nole three times this year, nearly beat Rafa at AO last year, made a Masters final and semifinal...

He's done plenty, just as much as Monfils if not more.

Also, some of his fans are just frustrated with his complete lack of caring on court for the past couple months :o

Ouragan
11-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Simon back to being the (not so) giant killer.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
the hate for tabasco is because of wasted potential

the ao 2009 was his to win
he puts hmself in amazing situations and falls flat on his ass

he is inflicted by spanish-ism which means he lets nadal win everytime they play on a big stage

he himself has a huge game, and is solid, but mentally he's becoming the biggest joke in tennis

its not hate so much as anger that he wont try harder- he's too good to get ***** like this.