11-02-2010, 07:27 PM
emarassingly easy:worship:

Certinfy
11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Nole :yeah:

Embarrassing? You do realise Gulbis is just coming back from injury. :rolleyes:

Deivid23
11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Daddy Gulbis should buy a circus to give his son a job after he hangs up his racket

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Nole :yeah:

Embarrassing? You do realise Gulbis is just coming back from injury. :rolleyes:

you're right but i don't like him so this was good chance to express my feelings towards him.

Sapeod
Julbee isn't going anywhere yet again......retire already, Julbee...you are nothing and always will be nothing in tennis....retire, retire, retire.

asmazif
not great BP/SP conversion rate, but decent apart from that nole :)

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Daddy Gulbis should buy a circus to give his son a job after he hangs up his racket

he could buy latvia 'n a circus:angel:

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Julbee isn't going anywhere yet again......retire already, Julbee...you are nothing and always will be nothing in tennis....retire, retire, retire.

mein gott:confused:

ZaZoo)
11-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Fine match by Nole, Gulbis as always erratic in important points, surface is fast.

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
not great BP/SP conversion rate, but decent apart from that nole :)

bp 4/7.it's ok to me.

asmazif
11-02-2010, 07:53 PM
bp 4/7.it's ok to me.

yeh I meant just on the SPs, took him 5 or so in the first.

ApproachShot
11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Way too many unforced errors from Gulbis. To name but one example: Djokovic was leading by a break in the first set, Gulbis broke back but then promptly lost serve again (and with it the set) courtesy of a number of shots dumped into the net.

sanshisan
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM

Typical MTF (15 y o) wannabe PUNK. Go home to Mama, you're not impressing anyone.

Blackbriar
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
don't be too harsh with Gulbis, honestly he made a good match, and only played bad the last 2 games. He was far better than at Shanghai and USO. He made many winners and not so many UE (too much BH in to the net)
As long as he was playing long and pushing Nole behind the baseline, the chances were even but Nole was obviously far better when stepping into the court.

ad-out
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Gulbis played better than in the last two tournaments. Nole was just too good today. ;)

but-it's-ok
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
To that person who asked for 'Julbee':lol: to retire - Ernests just lost to the 3rd best player in the world,who knows how to put opponents in the most awkward places on the court,who soaked up Ernests better shots,and turned defence into attack so well. Ernests did play better today than his previous few tournaments.

Yes Ernests was erratic and ought to have played better when he broke Nole to get back on serve...Fans know the reasons why things go well or badly and stick with them whatever..

Did anyone notice how into Gulbis the crowd were today? Very fair crowd,I really liked that:worship:

And haters I am gonna keep coming in here,oh and thanks for all the merry bad reps I've received this year..in the name of being an Ernests fan,and proud of it:ras: If that makes me somehow an ACC contender,then...bring it on:lol:

Chiakifug
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Expected. Gulbis is shit :lol:

finishingmove
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
routined

*Jean*
11-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Ernests :sad:

Filo V.
11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Gulbis has basically been on and off from playing and being on the sidelines with a host of issues, so a victory here was absolutely not expected. Gulbis had his moments but he obviously has trouble keeping it up for consecutive points and games. Nole was very sharp, served well, returned well, moved well. Made good shots and he put a lot of pressure on Gulbis to come up with good plays and that was too much for the Latvian.

Gulbis would do well in looking at how Djokovic plays, and incorporating some of that into his game.

Corey Feldman
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
big fighter this Ernie

Helevorn
11-02-2010, 09:17 PM
nid

Seingeist
11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Take it to the final, Nole! :yeah:

yuri27
11-03-2010, 12:48 AM
don't be too harsh with Gulbis, honestly he made a good match, and only played bad the last 2 games. He was far better than at Shanghai and USO. He made many winners and not so many UE (too much BH in to the net)
As long as he was playing long and pushing Nole behind the baseline, the chances were even but Nole was obviously far better when stepping into the court.

This.
I thought he didn't do too bad against an in-form Djokovic,especially comparing to some other mugs.

Topspindoctor
11-03-2010, 01:12 AM
NID, Gulbis is a mug. Well done Nole for sending this clown packing back to Latvia. Joke of a player and embarrassment to the sport.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 01:15 AM
e-gul has had some injury related setbacks. it will take some time.

back off.

Geo
11-03-2010, 03:57 AM
no surprise that Djokovic won :shrug:

Gulbis is now on a 4 match losing streak :tape: :o

Everko
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Domination from the Serbian slayer. Expected

Seingeist
11-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Somewhat odd match. Here and there, Gulbis would play 3 points or so absolutely brilliantly, and then he would start spraying crazy errors all over the place. Similarly, he served pretty well and hit some aces at key moments, but then ended the match on a double fault...:confused:

Nole, on the other hand, played pretty solidly throughout - a few loose points, as well as a few glimpses of his absolutely tremendous (pre-Fed) Shanghai form.

By far Nole's worst game, and what I thought was the funniest of the match, was the game in which he was broken late in the first set. Gulbis hits a terrific drop shot that Djokovic does not manage to put back in play, and Novak seems to say to himself, "This uppity son-of-a-bitch thinks he's gonna use one of my weapons against me? I'll show him!" He proceeds in the very next rally to hit a completely stupid drop shot into the net, which bruises his ego even further and causes enough of a lapse in concentration to give Gulbis the next few points and subsequent break. WOOPS. :lol:

Of course, he rallied himself pretty quickly and broke right back to take the first set.

osmonde
11-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Seingest: Exactly, that was funny to see.
Gulbis will work his way back, hard to get rythm when bad luck draw makes you hit a prime seed at first round in his latest tourneys.