Valencia R1: Andy Murray d Feli Lopez 6-3 7-6(1) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Valencia R1: Andy Murray d Feli Lopez 6-3 7-6(1)

decrepitude
11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Wot no thread? I'll start my first thread ever in 5 years of being here, then.

philosophicalarf
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Murray very casual, but Flopez was crap. Near impossible matchup for him on a slow court though, Murray gets too many return balls back. Probably went into it already beaten.

Orka_n
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Lopez wasted 2 set points in the second and then was completely useless in the breaker. Oh well. Better player won.

decrepitude
11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I believe Feli is recovering from 'flu as well. His "flop shot" when all he had to do was tap it over the net and he tapped it into the net instead was hilarious!

Andy seemed to be playing well within himself, lost concentration to drop his serve in the second set (and Lopez started playing better as well), but then went on to break back and take the tiebreak convincingly. I'm no tennis expert but it seemed to me that Andy won the first set playing pretty passively, then tried to be more aggressive in the second and consequently made a few more mistakes. Anybody agree?

Fedicilous
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Ideal surface for Murray to moonball and bring some good defense. Probably the organizers made this event for Nadal's favor, but unfortunately he is not going to play here.

Topspindoctor
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Mouthray lucked out in the second set.

henke007
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Lopez at the net in the breaker at 1-3 to 1-4:o:spit:

This guy should really think more about the game then how he looks when he is playing a shoot :scratch:

philosophicalarf
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Ideal surface for Murray to moonball and bring some good defense. Probably the organizers made this event for Nadal's favor, but unfortunately he is not going to play here.

:retard:

Singularity
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Murray is a mug/pusher/will never win a slam etc.

MalwareDie
11-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Who are you?

madmax
11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
always nice to see trash losing:wavey: Well done Murray

FormerRafaFan
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Not exactly surprising.. I'm just glad Feli didn't go down in flames.. seems like he put a solid effort in the second set at least.

*Jean*
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Feliciano :sad:

Sapeod
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Is this supposed to be funny...what the hell is Mouthray??? Sounds like some kind of fish........fail.

Murray was too good for someone like Lopez...always is, always will be.

Certinfy
11-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Good for the game.

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 06:26 PM

gye who avoids rogelina whenever he can.

Deivid23
11-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Go for the kill and get that 4th 1st round exit in a row at Bercy, LaLo :yeah:

Sapeod
11-02-2010, 06:34 PM
gye who avoids rogelina whenever he can.
8-5 :confused:

Sorry, but it seems that (if you thought clearly for once) would have noticed that Murray has a positive h2h against the GOAT before you posted this.....alas, you didn't...now you look silly....get your act together, bub.

«Ivan»
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
8-5 :confused:

Sorry, but it seems that (if you thought clearly for once) would have noticed that Murray has a positive h2h against the GOAT before you posted this.....alas, you didn't...now you look silly....get your act together, bub.

whenever he CAN!!! pc off,brain on.

scoobs
11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
whenever he CAN!!! pc off,brain on.
Yeah, like...Dubai...for instance...they've never played there...oh, wait...

Or Bangkok. Never played there either. Oh, hold on...

scoobs
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Reasonably competent from Mr Murray but nowhere near his best.

Chiakifug
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Pusher def. Choker

Oh what a sorry state the ATP is in.

FormerRafaFan
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Is this supposed to be funny...what the hell is Mouthray??? Sounds like some kind of fish........fail.

Why isn't the Davydenko match streaming? SERIOUSLY..

Filo V.
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Pretty uninteresting match. Lopez didn't serve great, and outside of a stretch of about 10 minutes in the second set, he didn't play well. Didn't close the net well, made too many mistakes from the net and from the baseline, and just was second best in rallies. Murray wasn't amazing, but he got returns in play and got a bit more forceful after getting broken in the second set. He played exactly the way he needed to and gave the necessary amount of effort. Congrats to the Scot on the comfortable win.

Pirata.
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Feli :sad:

Their match earlier this summer in Los Angeles was much more exciting.

djb84xi
11-03-2010, 05:25 AM
This should've been more of a blowout. Lopez is a bit of an embarassment to Spanish tennis. All looks, no talent whatsoever. Hate to be brutal but he just doesn't have any game whatsoever and it's just weird to think he even chose this as a career. Hopefully Murray gets challenged this week in Valencia. I'd hate to see him go the whole tournament playing a bunch of nobodies and then go on to win the title.

Pirata.
11-03-2010, 06:04 AM
This should've been more of a blowout. Lopez is a bit of an embarassment to Spanish tennis. All looks, no talent whatsoever. Hate to be brutal but he just doesn't have any game whatsoever and it's just weird to think he even chose this as a career. Hopefully Murray gets challenged this week in Valencia. I'd hate to see him go the whole tournament playing a bunch of nobodies and then go on to win the title.

Yeah, so untalented he was first Spanish guy to reach the Wimbledon quarterfinals in decades, beat Henman there, played a good match against Roger at USO a few years ago, beat Soderling in Shanghai last year playing some of the best tennis I've seen from him in a while, an effective seve-and-volley player when his game is on. He didn't get to 20 in the world by shaking his ass at the chair umpire.

He is talented, his problem is consistency and mental strength, areas in which he is severely lacking.

Goldenoldie
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Was there any sign of Murray's recent wrist problem?

11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Pretty uninteresting match. Lopez didn't serve great, and outside of a stretch of about 10 minutes in the second set, he didn't play well. Didn't close the net well, made too many mistakes from the net and from the baseline, and just was second best in rallies. Murray wasn't amazing, but he got returns in play and got a bit more forceful after getting broken in the second set. He played exactly the way he needed to and gave the necessary amount of effort. Congrats to the Scot on the comfortable win.

I was worried about his hand. But what also bothers me about Murray was the "gave the necessary amount of effort". I'm a Murray Fan, but sometimes it seems he doesn't even give that much effort. He is so talented, but he can't seem to channel the talent. He is playing poorly and then the next thing you know he defeats Roger! Murray should give his all every time he plays, but he doesn't do that :sad: Think of all the Matches and Tournaments he could win if he would push himself harder like other players do?

Sophocles
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, so untalented he was first Spanish guy to reach the Wimbledon quarterfinals in decades

Was that the year he hammered Safin (2005)? I remember that match because Safin had just pushed Federer hard in the final in Halle & I was expecting him to be a threat at Wimbledon, but Lopez put on an all-court clinic & blew him away.