How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How would you rate Nadal's chances of winning the WTF this year?

Speed of Light
11-02-2010, 04:27 AM
After the utter humiliation last year, do you think he will be pumped up to prove himself this year?. After all it is the only major trophy missing in his cabinet. Will he be fresh enough after the draining year?. Edit: The first poll option should be one match at best.

Clay Death
11-02-2010, 04:32 AM
he was coming back from a series of injury related setbacks last year.

do you still have doubts about what he is capable of even after 18 masters shields, #1 rank, and 9 slams on all surfaces?

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.

enough of this hard court crap already. he is going to destroy his knees again.

Johnny Groove
11-02-2010, 04:38 AM
He wins Paris and WTF back to back.

Speed of Light
11-02-2010, 04:46 AM

do you still have doubts about what he is capable of even after 18 masters shields, #1 rank, and 9 slams on all surfaces?

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.

I am not doubting anything. It's just that there are people who claim that he won the USO because of an easy draw. So I want to know what the general consensus is on his chance's here. If he won will people say they expected it or will they be amazed.

Priam
11-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Depends on his group.

I'll go with he advances to the semis and promptly loses.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-02-2010, 05:03 AM

This is the 5th most important tourney on tour. Just because Nadal grinds himself to the ground and cant hack it, doenst mean its not important. Nadal isnt good enough on the surface period, grinding like a bitch can only get you so far. As i said this is the 5th most important tournye and contains the top 8 players in the world. It should be 5th on Nadals to win list at the start of the year. The thing is Claydeath Nadal wont get a joke draw here (maybe if he gets ferrer and nando) so he will get exposed for the HC fraud he really is. He had been playing for half a year last year when he came to London, injury my fucking ass, he just wasnt good enough and was outplayed in each of his matches in straights by better players.

If he didnt play anti tennis and have such a shit style of play he wouldnt destroy his knees. Anyway his knees are fine.He is a pro athelete and should be able to handle it. No injury excuses from his tards this time that for sure. Maybe if he developed a better style, that is easier on the eye and is actually one of a proper tennis player, he might gain less injuries. But thats never going to happen :o

He will beat ferrer/nando, lose to Toad and murray and subsequently will be knocked out of the tourney. Its that simple. He isnt good enough on HCs, and cannot keep taking advantage of these cheap draws and off form players. AT the WTF everyone generally is playing well, guys like Djokovic and Soderling etc.

This is beggining of the decline of Rafa Nadal folks. You heard it here first.

Ivanatis
11-02-2010, 05:19 AM
it's indoor right? so he will lose in the final maybe

Clay Death
11-02-2010, 05:21 AM
it's indoor right? so he will lose in the final maybe

exactly affirmative.

only i hope he loses much sooner.

Clay Death
11-02-2010, 05:22 AM
beat it 1/2 sack.

if i need an opinion, i will give you a bloody opinion.

go feed your mice 1/2 sack.

and leave the thinking to us.

Infinity
11-02-2010, 05:28 AM
His most difficult will be the semi-final probably.

brent-o
11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
It seems semifinals is his usual result here, so I'll go with that.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-02-2010, 05:38 AM
beat it 1/2 sack.

if i need an opinion, i will give you a bloody opinion.

go feed your mice 1/2 sack.

and leave the thinking to us.

yep you havnt got a clue, i thought you didnt resort to insults big boy?, thought you were above that. You cant argue my point therefore you go on one of your juvenile rants again. You made a fucking statement, thinking?, what thinking?, you wrote one stupid statment like 'chicken shit tourney', that imo didnt require much thinking.

Excluding his cakedraw in New York, what excactly has he done on HC's this year and really since the AO2009?. Fuck all thats what he done esp for the supposed number 1 player in the world.

tennisfan856
11-02-2010, 05:53 AM
depends if murray plays too much halo reach or not.

Otherwise only federer and novak would stand in nadal's way

Priam
11-02-2010, 05:57 AM
This is the 5th most important tourney on tour. Just because Nadal grinds himself to the ground and cant hack it, doenst mean its not important. Nadal isnt good enough on the surface period, grinding like a bitch can only get you so far. As i said this is the 5th most important tournye and contains the top 8 players in the world. It should be 5th on Nadals to win list at the start of the year. The thing is Claydeath Nadal wont get a joke draw here (maybe if he gets ferrer and nando) so he will get exposed for the HC fraud he really is. He had been playing for half a year last year when he came to London, injury my fucking ass, he just wasnt good enough and was outplayed in each of his matches in straights by better players.

If he didnt play anti tennis and have such a shit style of play he wouldnt destroy his knees. Anyway his knees are fine.He is a pro athelete and should be able to handle it. No injury excuses from his tards this time that for sure. Maybe if he developed a better style, that is easier on the eye and is actually one of a proper tennis player, he might gain less injuries. But thats never going to happen :o

He will beat ferrer/nando, lose to Toad and murray and subsequently will be knocked out of the tourney. Its that simple. He isnt good enough on HCs, and cannot keep taking advantage of these cheap draws and off form players. AT the WTF everyone generally is playing well, guys like Djokovic and Soderling etc.

Not enough hate in this post. :lol:

HKz
11-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Will depend on the draw. So far Murray/Djokovic/Soderling are all qualified and they have all given Nadal trouble sometime or another with Djokovic/Soderling actually beating Rafael at last year's event.

If Berdych qualifies, it won't be a worry for Nadal. He was heading to become a Rafakilla years ago, but is piss poor mentally now against him. Not to mention he has been playing terribly after Toronto...

Ferrer would be a bit interesting to watch. We all know his flawless run to the TMC final in 2007 in which he beat Nadal along the way. Yes, Nadal has beaten David the last two times they played on hardcourts, but it will be interesting nonetheless.

A Roddick/Nadal Miami rematch would also be intriguing.

Aside from that, Melzer is pretty much the only player that would be interesting to watch if he were to qualify and draw Nadal. Everyone else doesn't appear to have a chance either to qualify or to beat Nadal regardless.

Oh and finally, seeing a Federer/Nadal match would always be great :)

tennis2tennis
11-02-2010, 06:07 AM

seriously if he plays an exho in spain and switxerland one assume he should turn up and play well in the 5th most important tournament of the year!

Mimi
11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
semi-final at best:p

Mechlan
11-02-2010, 06:38 AM
He has a good chance. I believe Djokovic would beat him if they met, perhaps Murray. Federer if he's fresh. The rest of the top 8 really doesn't have much of a chance. They're not as good as last year and Nadal will certainly be better coming off his USO win.

Tom Paulman
11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Will be very happy to win 2 matches.

Topspindoctor
11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
T

Sure, as long as you stop with mono/back excuses every time Fed loses and whines like a little bitch about it. "When I am healthy, I can beat these guys", rofl what a joke.

:baby:

You confused Nadal with Federer, friend. All those Quarterfinals... still "a decent result" according to him. Oh how low has he fallen...

peribsen
11-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Nadal has entered WTF only three times. Twice he made the SF. Last year he was struggling and with problems in his abdominal muscles. Anything may happen, indoor he is at his worst, he may even loose all matches, but people should stop talking like if he was a pushover on indoor hard. 2 WTF SF, a F and SF in Bercy and in Rotterdam and a win in Madrid 2005 is far more than most players can say for themselves indoors.

Matt01
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
No clue why Federer's pathetic Mate isn't permabanned yet. :retard:

Will be very happy to win 2 matches.

Happy? Or do you mean lucky? :p

ApproachShot
11-02-2010, 01:42 PM
At least the semis this time. He will be better rested than his competitors.

Sophocles
11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Low.

vn01
11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
He can defeat everyone in London, but he can also lose to anyone. It's not easy to predict how far he'll go there. I say at least 1/2. :)

Orka_n
11-02-2010, 02:08 PM

he doesnt need this chicken shit title in london so i hope and pray that he loses in the quarters or the semis.What quarters? There is no such thing in London.
My prediction: He will lose in the semis to one better suited to indoor play.

MalwareDie
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
He will get knocked out during the Round Robin. He might advance if Berdych and Roddick are in his half. He has a very low chance of winning the WTF.

luie
11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
His chances are better this year than last year, 2 of his HC nemisis are out Del/po/Davy.He may be lucky to fall in a group with his bitchboy Mugdasco/Birdbrain,get out the group and maybe win.

Topspindoctor
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Low.

What quarters? There is no such thing in London.
My prediction: He will lose in the semis to one better suited to indoor play.

He will get knocked out during the Round Robin. He might advance if Berdych and Roddick are in his half. He has a very low chance of winning the WTF.

He will beat ferrer/nando, lose to Toad and murray and subsequently will be knocked out of the tourney.

http://files.sharenator.com/haters_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s526x350-62877-580.jpg

Orka_n
11-02-2010, 02:43 PM
So everyone who doesn't think Nadal is going to win WTF are just haters? Go home multiaccount.

Sophocles
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
So everyone who doesn't think Nadal is going to win WTF are just haters? Go home multiaccount.

Indeed. I said low, not non-existent. Murray, Djokovic, & Federer are more likely winners, Soderling is about even with Nadal, the rest have no chance.

Persimmon
11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Super low. He has not won an indoors title in 5 years.:eek: All the greats have a blemish on their careers. Sampras never won the FO. Borg never won the USO. Fed has a lousy H2H with his biggest rival. Nadal's blemish might be never winning the YEC since it's played indoors.

tribalfusion
11-02-2010, 04:46 PM

If he didnt play anti tennis and have such a shit style of play he wouldnt destroy his knees. Anyway his knees are fine.He is a pro athelete and should be able to handle it. No injury excuses from his tards this time that for sure. Maybe if he developed a better style that is easier on the eye and is actually one of a proper tennis player, he might gain less injuries. But thats never going to happen :o

Another classy post from Federer's Mate. Of course it is even more amusing to see such a "bitch," "fraud" and "anti-tennis player" make your hero his "bitch."

And of course it is always cute how Nadal always faces "off form players" and "cheap draws" every time while in contrast every player Federer plays is super motivated and a real challenge (as you ridiculously claim even when he plays Brian Dabeul, Seppi or Taylor Dent).

:worship:

Filo V.
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
As good as the other top players. It depends on a lot of factors, so we'll have to see the draw first, among other things.

Manequin75
11-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Super low. He has not won an indoors title in 5 years.:eek: All the greats have a blemish on their careers. Sampras never won the FO. Borg never won the USO. Fed has a lousy H2H with his biggest rival. Nadal's blemish might be never winning the YEC since it's played indoors.

this post from you was all I wanted ;) Your negative posts propelled Rafa to FO, W and USO wins this year. You never gave him a chance to do anything. Once again the champion will show up indoors with another weapon and leave most people shaking their heads. A season as good as this will not end on a disappointing note ;) He will step it up at WTF. :worship:

Manequin75
11-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I think Rafa qualifies for sure. The only tough one for him could be the semis. He aint losing the final if he makes it. He is too mentally strong for that. So SF will be crucial.

Certinfy
11-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Decent chance - I rate him 4th fave to win (after Federer, Djokovic and Murray)

Manequin75
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Decent chance - I rate him 4th fave to win (after Federer, Djokovic and Murray)

Only 8 participate and you put him right in the middle of the pack :) Doesnt sound like a decent chance to me.

Pirata.
11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
At least the semis this time. He will be better rested than his competitors.

Not if he has a deep run in Paris. Plus he's playing doubles. If anything, most of his opponents will be better rested.

luie
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Nope, nadull biggest blemish is his moonballers game.Highly dependant on raw physicality,his success is a result of the systemic slowing down of the courts.In short he would not be "great" in any-other era besides now.His repeated failure @ indoor circuit only highlights this point.
Also his cheating cannot be overlooked as well.

RedHotRafa
11-02-2010, 09:59 PM

Same shit biased responses like always. You ping on Nadal injuries and call them fake but when your Maestro claims injury or the bailout Mono that all players seem to be using nowadays, then it is a totally legit injury. His knees were the problems only an idiot would dispute that fact. And are you kidding me with Soderling? he's beaten Nadal twice, both during his injury period of 2009. Soderling is a mug. He will never win a slam and shouldn't. Murray I agree if he's in top form at the moment can beat just about anyone on HC. Except at USO he loves to take early exits there. And Nadal's draws are never easy, no draws are. People should not be considered easy players for beating better or higher ranked players earlier on thus giving Nadal a so called easier opponent

P.S. You should really delete your account or pull your head out of Federer's ass

Il Primo Uomo
11-02-2010, 10:17 PM
He should be fine as long as he doesn't draw both Soder and Murray in his group.

Andre'sNo1Fan
11-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Excluding his cakedraw in New York, what excactly has he done on HC's this year and really since the AO2009?. Fuck all thats what he done esp for the supposed number 1 player in the world.

There is no supposed about it huni, he is by far the number 1 player :-)

selyoink
11-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Non-existent. He will do better than last year, it would be impossible to do worse, but he will be overwhelmed if not in the group stages then in the semi-final.

fast_clay
11-03-2010, 01:45 AM
its the top 8 players in the world, so i'd say he's 5th or 6th favourite... 7th if roddick makes it... and 8th of ljubo and roddick make it...

rocketassist
11-03-2010, 02:25 AM

Haha, you're embarrassing yourself here old sport.

YEC - always been a great title of prestige
hardcourts- a major surface in tennis
Nadal- legimately lost his three matches, wasn't injured, had already played Paris and reached the SFs, and went on to win his DC final matches

Come on, you need better material

tribalfusion
11-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Haha, you're embarrassing yourself here old sport.

YEC - always been a great title of prestige
hardcourts- a major surface in tennis
Nadal- legimately lost his three matches, wasn't injured, had already played Paris and reached the SFs, and went on to win his DC final matches

Come on, you need better material

I think you might need better material. Ask Davydenko and Del Potro how long it takes to be back to 100%.

djb84xi
11-03-2010, 05:05 AM
I think he's got a shot, without a doubt. He's had a few weeks to rest, relax and recharge his batteries for the final run of the season, so I don't see why he can't. The only 3 things that could stop him are 1) injury 2) lapse of concentration and/or 3) players on a hot streak. I only worry more about him losing his concentration, as it's been a recurring theme at times this year. Other than that, I don't see why he can't win. It'll be tough as hell, but there's nothing he can't do at this point. I'd be surprised if he didn't get past the semis this year.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 05:10 AM
return of serve will be key for him if he is to win.

rocketassist
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I think you might need better material. Ask Davydenko and Del Potro how long it takes to be back to 100%.

Del Potro's been out 8 months or so, and is out again. Your point? Nadal played the USO semis, then played Paris and WTF. Fucking get over it, he's not that great an indoor player.

hicdick
11-03-2010, 12:59 PM
he has a chance, depends on draw. i got a feelin that murray or djokovic will win this.

Fujee
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
This thread clearly proposes a bitch slap contest thread between Federers_Mate and Topspindoctor.

Anyhoo, I can't see why he cannot go all the way, definitely been the most consistent player at the top events this year. Only needs to tune his body for the grind of the tourney, be sensible and maybe he'll take the only crown which is missing.

Anyone can stop him, they just need the balls to do it - Federer could comfortably if he grows a pair.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
i am not expecting him to win this one.

and i will be happy if they knock him out early.

Persimmon
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
i am not expecting him to win this one.

Agreed. I think Nadal is more likely to win AO than WTF.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
affirmative.

and he doesnt really need this title. why not let somebody else have a little spotlight.

it should be all about 2011 for him.

Persimmon
11-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Murray ftw.

Topspindoctor
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
No points to defend, no expectation, more relaxed and rested than other players, I think he has a great chance. Plus, he said he wants to win TMC, this could be a great chance for him, assuming he can bring his A game.

Johnny Groove
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Del Potro's been out 8 months or so, and is out again. Your point? Nadal played the USO semis, then played Paris and WTF. Fucking get over it, he's not that great an indoor player.

I wonder which surface the haters are going to revert to saying Nadal isn't good on once he wins the TMC.

Ice? Wood?

Sillyrabbit
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I wonder which surface the haters are going to revert to saying Nadal isn't good on once he wins the TMC.

Ice? Wood?

Nah, a new special surface will be coined, it'll be called plexi-cincy, only used at Cincinnati.

rocketassist
11-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Ice? Wood?

His results show he isn't that great. It doesn't make him an 'indoor idiot' but the other three guys at the top are miles ahead of him. Even guys like Rusedski, Henman et al are above him in terms of indoor achievements.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 04:42 PM

Ice? Wood?

quick sand.

or just sand.

but he will have to drag behind him on a steel chain a very large farm animal just to make it somewhat fair.

Everko
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
That's a good point Groove Dude, the Rafa haters are running out of surcaes too say he sucks on.

Johnny Groove
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
His results show he isn't that great. It doesn't make him an 'indoor idiot' but the other three guys at the top are miles ahead of him. Even guys like Rusedski, Henman et al are above him in terms of indoor achievements.

Nadal's indoor record is 42-25 or so since 2003. He's no mug, but he only has one title.

I still think he will win Paris and WTF. He's a few weeks rested and wants to finish the season strong.

Clay Death
11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
the game has changed folks.

it is simply not possible to be totally dominant on every single surface.

oranges
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
the game has changed folks.

it is simply not possible to be totally dominant on every single surface.

Is it at all possible to be more wrong? The game has changed in a way that exactly makes it possible to be dominant on very sinble surface. Had it not been for Nadal, who on top being a bad matchup has a game geared to make the best of clay as a surface, Federer would have done exactly that.

Manequin75
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
affirmative.

and he doesnt really need this title. why not let somebody else have a little spotlight.

it should be all about 2011 for him.

clay warrior gets what he sets his mind to
he has now declared war on london
he is going to unleash his fury at the wtf

yeah? old sport ;)

Manequin75
11-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Agreed. I think Nadal is more likely to win AO than WTF.

keep it going persimmon. Nadal always deliveres when you write him off :)

Fujee
11-03-2010, 08:20 PM
That's a good point Groove Dude, the Rafa haters are running out of surcaes too say he sucks on.

Yeah and SURFACES too........................

Manequin75
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
No points to defend, no expectation, more relaxed and rested than other players, I think he has a great chance. Plus, he said he wants to win TMC, this could be a great chance for him, assuming he can bring his A game.

exactly. He qualifies for the semis for sure (he will win 2/3 and get the loss out of the way).
That will be the only match he could be vulnerable as he has never won a SF at WTF in 3 attempts. But if he wins that one give him the trophy. Nobody will beat him in a final. Has he lost any final this year? think he is 7-0 and counting in finals.....

Manequin75
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Nadal's indoor record is 42-25 or so since 2003. He's no mug, but he only has one title.

I still think he will win Paris and WTF. He's a few weeks rested and wants to finish the season strong.

he lost queens and won wimbledon
he lost toronto+cinci and won USO
i say he loses paris and wins wtf.

Manequin75
11-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Group A Group B
Rafa Nadal Roger Federer
Andy Murray Novak Djokovich
Soderling Berdych
Roddick Ferrer

Group A Qualifiers - Murray (winner), Rafa (2nd place)
Group B Qualifies - Federer (winner), Djokovich (2nd place)

SF: Rafa Vs Fed
SF2: Murray Vs Djokovic

Final: Rafa Vs Djokovic

Winner: Rafa Nadal

The_Nadal_effect
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Will depend on the draw. So far Murray/Djokovic/Soderling are all qualified and they have all given Nadal trouble sometime or another with Djokovic/Soderling actually beating Rafael at last year's event.

If Berdych qualifies, it won't be a worry for Nadal. He was heading to become a Rafakilla years ago, but is piss poor mentally now against him. Not to mention he has been playing terribly after Toronto...

Ferrer would be a bit interesting to watch. We all know his flawless run to the TMC final in 2007 in which he beat Nadal along the way. Yes, Nadal has beaten David the last two times they played on hardcourts, but it will be interesting nonetheless.

A Roddick/Nadal Miami rematch would also be intriguing.

Aside from that, Melzer is pretty much the only player that would be interesting to watch if he were to qualify and draw Nadal. Everyone else doesn't appear to have a chance either to qualify or to beat Nadal regardless.

Oh and finally, seeing a Federer/Nadal match would always be great :)

I'd love to see Melzer just take it to Nadal one more time.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
exactly. He qualifies for the semis for sure (he will win 2/3 and get the loss out of the way).
That will be the only match he could be vulnerable as he has never won a SF at WTF in 3 attempts. But if he wins that one give him the trophy. Nobody will beat him in a final. Has he lost any final this year? think he is 7-0 and counting in finals.....

What are you talking about?, he goes into WTF the same way every year. He expects to win and he fails. Your final talk is irrelevant as well.

Paylu2007
11-03-2010, 08:51 PM

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship:

I hope they are good hidding, cuz rafatards wont be able to bear the shame :)

finn98
11-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Well..He is playing better than last year :spit:
With his improved serve and aggressive mentality..He definitely can..
He also mentioned "WTF" as his main goal in the post USO interview. But from what we've seen in his last match...Unless Nadal can keep up his aggressive game even when he is down in a match..He should not expect more titles on this surface..

swisht4u
11-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Nadal knows this is a very important tournament.
He has a better chance than in the past. Davy isn't playing well and Del Potro is out.
That's 2 big obstacles.
We'll have to see how Murray is doing, lately he's not played up to his level. So that could help.

Nadal's playing better on hards than before and he's had some time off. Then there's been no recent physical problems for awhile now.
Add all this together and his chances have gone up considerably.

careergrandslam
11-04-2010, 02:40 AM
i have extremely low hope of rafa doing anything, this way he can surprise me.
this was my theory for wimbledon and US open, and it worked.
go with low or no expectation.

i mean he lost every single set he played last year, it cant get much worse than that......surely!

Clay Death
11-04-2010, 02:51 AM
we dont really need him to win this one careergrandslam.

this is like the crumbs that we let fall from our dinner table for the feeble and hungry so they can eat too.

who really gives a damn about this worthless event anyway?

Orka_n
11-04-2010, 02:57 AM
we dont really need hism to win this one careergrandslam.

this is like the crumbs that we let fall from our dinner table for the feeble and hungry so they can eat too.

who really gives a damn about this worthless event anyway?Everyone in the tennis world.

It's hilarious how quick Nadaltards are to point out how meaningless a tournament is when chances are that their hero is not going to win it. As if proclaiming WTF's unimportance will reduce the pain of seeing someone other than their beloved Rafa lifting the trophy.
Small children reason this way.

nadal_slam_king
11-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Rafa might as well win this. There's a MASSIVE GAP between WTF and AO, so he should play every point as if it's his last.

Clay Death
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Everyone in the tennis world.

It's hilarious how quick Nadaltards are to point out how meaningless a tournament is when chances are that their hero is not going to win it. As if proclaiming WTF's unimportance will reduce the pain of seeing someone other than their beloved Rafa lifting the trophy.
Small children reason this way.

comrade shtinkon how dense can you be?

he has a 5000 point lead and he has won everything in sight. he has won 75% of the slams 100% of the most important clay events.

he has won the most matches on the tour and he has won the most tournaments on the tour.

why bother trying to please some hapless, legless, toothless, and partially blind shtinkon like you at the asylum here.

he does not need this title. what he needs is an early exit. that is the best possible scenario for him and for the sport.

HKz
11-04-2010, 03:43 AM
1/2 sack and infectus are just foaming at the mouth thinking that the clay warrior will get derailed here.

they cannot wait to see that happen so they can ejaculate unremittingly here at the asylum.

well he is going to lose so start ejaculating. we need amusement.

Yeah because I love it when Nadal loses. I create threads like "omg Nadal will never win agains!!11!!!" "omg Federer will never win again!!11111!!!"

swisht4u
11-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Well..He is playing better than last year :spit:
With his improved serve and aggressive mentality..He definitely can..
He also mentioned "WTF" as his main goal in the post USO interview. But from what we've seen in his last match...Unless Nadal can keep up his aggressive game even when he is down in a match..He should not expect more titles on this surface..

If Nadal said he wants it then it's his.

We'll have to revive that "Who can stop Nadal?" thread when the tournament starts.

Clay Death
11-04-2010, 04:00 AM
at last a smart, reasonable, and thoughtful post from a great poster.

this poster is swishtru.

that is pretty much right. we all know about his relentless will. he usually does take whatever he rests his eyes on.

my only worry is his knees and his longevity in the sport. the sport needs him.

so i hope he loses all 3 matches and gets the hell out of there with no injuries.

swisht4u
11-04-2010, 04:12 AM
at last a smart, reasonable, and thoughtful post from a great poster.

this poster is swishtru.

that is pretty much right. we all know about his relentless will. he usually does take whatever he rests his eyes on.

my only worry is his knees and his longevity in the sport. the sport needs him.

so i hope he loses all 3 matches and gets the hell out of there with no injuries.

CD, Nadal needs this tournament at least once. I know some of his fans downplay the tournament but it's important when discussing greats.

He's been taking some time off lately even though there are no problems. I think he's getting the big picture, go for the big ones and leave the others alone.

On another note he's been getting a different kind of care for his knees, I think it might be prolotherapy. If it works for him and he doesn't play unnecessary tournaments, he could be around for a long time.

Clay Death
11-04-2010, 04:18 AM
well it is not we can control what is going to happen. it is what it is swish.

i do believe that he needs the slams more. even fed never talks about his 4-5 masters cup titles.

it is really about the slams for the all time greats.

and finally, i dont think he has mastered the return on fast indoor courts. that is so much key for him if he is to win this title.

not being able to return well puts too much pressure on one`s own serve.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-04-2010, 08:51 AM
well it is not we can control what is going to happen. it is what it is swish.

i do believe that he needs the slams more. even fed never talks about his 4-5 masters cup titles.

it is really about the slams for the all time greats.

and finally, i dont think he has mastered the return on fast indoor courts. that is so much key for him if he is to win this title.

not being able to return well puts too much pressure on one`s own serve.

Congrats for once again stating the obvious Claydeath. Ofcourse we cant fucking control what is going to happen. Fed talks about his masters cups when he is asked about them, generally journos ask him about his slams, so he answers..simple really.

This is indeed the 5th most important tourney out there. So yes Nadal does need to win one. Winning this shows you can beat the top 8 players in the world in a small time period ect. It's important and i can guarantee you will be all over Nadals cock if he wins it.

Topspindoctor
11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm certain Rafa will win the YEC.

:yeah:

11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
what he needs is an early exit. that is the best possible scenario for him and for the sport.

Yes! After 31 000 posts, finally we agree on something :worship:

nadal_slam_king
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
:yeah:

LOL I had to delete it because Federer's_Psycho_Mate bad repped me (by deleting the post I delete the psychotic bad rep). But at least your post keeps it alive via quote.

.-Federers_Mate-.
11-04-2010, 11:29 AM
LOL I had to delete it because Federer's_Psycho_Mate bad repped me (by deleting the post I delete the psychotic bad rep). But at least your post keeps alive via quote.

arnt you clever.

bokehlicious
11-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Nadal will win the YEC playing right handed :sport: kid's that good :smoke:

Topspindoctor
11-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Nadal will win the YEC playing right handed :sport: kid's that good :smoke:

Well, he certainly doesn't need to use his left hand if he plays Federer. Might as well give an old man a chance and make it a bit more exciting for the crowds.

bokehlicious
11-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, he certainly doesn't need to use his left hand if he plays Federer. Might as well give an old man a chance and make it a bit more exciting for the crowds.

:yeah: Bamos! :rocker2:

Everko
11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
He has a very good chance to win. Just like previous years a lot of players are starting to play bad now and allowing ATP vultures to collect points like Simon. Thsi year Nadal is not one of them, he is still fresh and ready to play great tennis. This is his bets chance of his career.

Persimmon
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
In the Open era, the only 6+ slam winners that never won the YEC are Wilander and Nadal. Becker, Edberg, McEnroe, Lendl, Agassi, Connors, Borg, Sampras and Federer all won the YEC. Can you imagine Nadal being a 10+ slam winner with no YEC in the future?

nadal_slam_king
11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
In the Open era, the only 6+ slam winners that never won the YEC are Wilander and Nadal. Becker, Edberg, McEnroe, Lendl, Agassi, Connors, Borg, Sampras and Federer all won the YEC. Can you imagine Nadal being a 10+ slam winner with no YEC in the future?

Nah I can't. I think he'll win 2 or 3 YEC's in future.

Fujee
11-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Course he will its a mug era according to everyone here..

shiaben
11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Hmm I'd say better than last year. His game has improved. Berydch/Soderling have been playing like crap, so that's 2 less players to worry about. Whether Ferrer/Verdasco/Roddick are in there, all 3 will probably lose to him at least in 3 sets. The only threats he has are Federer, Djokovic, and Murray. I think he will perform fine in the group stages, but the difficulty will come in the semifinals if he has to face one of those three. Unless Murray or Djokovic or someone doesn't qualify for the SF and gets crushed by Verdasco, Soderling etc. etc.

I think Federer will win it for some reason....after blowing up that last masters.

mark73
11-05-2010, 02:10 AM
The only truth is reality. And what's the reality? 3 consecutive slams and a 14-7 head2head. Now that's a reason to be scared.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

mark73
11-05-2010, 02:12 AM
As a fed fan how will I go on. You do realize it's only a game. :lol:

Topspindoctor
11-05-2010, 02:13 AM
As a fed fan how will I go on. You do realize it's only a game. :lol:

Federer doesn't think so. Check out AO 2009 presentation ceremony. :spit:

mark73
11-05-2010, 02:15 AM
On the world stage its a game. For the player's its obviously much more.

@Sweet Cleopatra
11-05-2010, 03:17 AM
I only want Rafa not to be injured and stay healthy. If he can win it with cautious playing, great. If not, it was a great season and he doesn't need the title that much to get an injury for it especially that everyone else will try to prove something and will play their best against Rafa. So Vamos Rafito. Good luck.

Pirata.
11-05-2010, 04:28 AM
Nadaltards disregarding the Masters Cup title as worthless because Rafa's never won it :o

Clay Death, I expected better from you, sir.

@Sweet Cleopatra
11-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Nadaltards disregarding the Masters Cup title as worthless because Rafa's never won it :o

Clay Death, I expected better from you, sir.

No, no no. It is important but not to the extent of getting an injury.

nadal_slam_king
11-05-2010, 06:37 AM
I only want Rafa not to be injured and stay healthy. If he can win it with cautious playing, great. If not, it was a great season and he doesn't need the title that much to get an injury for it especially that everyone else will try to prove something and will play their best against Rafa. So Vamos Rafito. Good luck.

Cautious playing :lol:

Priam
11-05-2010, 07:03 AM
IMO this is his best chance to win it. He has some confidence on hard (though a poor showing in Paris could change that). He doesn't have any injuries (that we know of) and I'd think he's not too fatigued at this point. But it's still indoors and he's still Nadal so you never know.

The only real threats are the other members of the top 4. Out of the other 7 that are in, only Murray and Roddick have beaten him the previous times they've played (HCs of Toronto and Miami).

I still think he falters in the semis though.