St. Petersburg F Kukushkin d. Youzhny 6-3 7-6(2) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

St. Petersburg F Kukushkin d. Youzhny 6-3 7-6(2)

Smoke944
10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Great performance by Kukushkin and a very deserved title. Now he will dedicate his victory speech to flyboy :lol: :yeah:

gulzhan
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Another Kazak player wins an ATP title! :rocker2:

Very happy for Kukushkin!

fran70
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats for Kuku for his first ATP title. Kuku played quite more consistent along the match. Mikhail made several mistakes and paid the consecuence of such long previous matches. Now his aspirations to qualify for the Masters of London are quite in danger which is a real pity.

solowyn
Somewhat expected, Youzhny has been hanging on by a thread in his matches leading up to this. Congrats to Kuku :D Youzhny has been pretty clutch in TBs this week so Kuku did well to pull it out so comprehensively, along with holding his nerve and breaking back in the 2nd set :yeah:

Deathless Mortal
I'm glad he won this title :)
He was really improving lately, and this is a nice reward.

Tom Paulman
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
:eek:

Czech Republic better be prepared to lose to Kazakhstan in DC

misty1
10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
what a joke:rolleyes:

another clown having one good week in his career gets a title, this is getting rediculous

Voo de Mar
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
It's "his" tournament, he debuted there on the main level in 2007, in 2008 notched first important victory - over Cilic, and now the title. He's the 5th maiden-title winner this year (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9679148&postcount=19).

minhee
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Congrats to Kukushkin:) Great performance!

Leo
10-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Misha played really poorly. Kept fighting to get back into it, but couldn't keep the errors down. His backhand was very erratic, often mis-timed; so you knew Kuku had the slight edge in baseline rallies.

Youzhny served for the 2nd though at 6-5. :rolleyes: Crowd was very excited for him to come back, and very unexcited when Kuku won.

Would have been his 3rd title of 2010 and 3rd St. Petersburg crown in his career? Oh well. Perhaps exhaustion from long matches and London pressure combined got to him today.

Smoke944
10-31-2010, 04:11 PM

another clown having one good week in his career gets a title, this is getting rediculous

He's not yet 23, continually improving, and just won his first title. What crystal ball do you have to say these things?

I never think it's possible but you do manage to say stupider shit each successive time you post.

Geo
10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
well done to Kukushkin and great to see another player win his first title! :rocker2:

Youzhny was plain lucky to win his last 2 matches, and his luck ran out today :shrug: Finally someone finished him off properly :worship:

oranges
10-31-2010, 04:24 PM
:sad: Still two tourney's for Colonel to fight for TMC, with more points on offer

out_here_grindin
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM

what makes Haider-Maurer almost winning a good result but this a joke?

*Jean*
10-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Mikhail :bigcry:

Corey Feldman
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
ffs youz

never gonna make London anyway, best hope now is to finish year end top 10

Hellraiser
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Russian mafia won in Petersburg today.

Bopanna's lost and Mikhail.

Horatio Caine
10-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Congrats Kuku. :worship:

I wouldn't have predicted it at the start of the week, but once he got to the SF it was looking very possible. It certainly helped that Youzhny had been struggling all week, but nonetheless it is a deserved victory.

This has been an excellent year for Kazakhstan - two first-time ATP title winners, and a place in the 2011 Davis Cup World Group!

Deivid23
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Kuku could play, told ya long ago :yeah:

10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
ffs youz

never gonna make London anyway, best hope now is to finish year end top 10

I couldn't believe he was defeated at first. But then I read in his Forum that he had asked for a trainer, but they didn't say what the problem was? He had
long Matches and I don't know if he wasn't feeling well going into the Match or if something happened during the Match :confused:

Orka_n
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Colonel needed those points :banghead:

Oh well. Congrats to Kukushkin. Great week for him. :yeah:

Getta
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
This has been an excellent year for Kazakhstan - two first-time ATP title winners, and a place in the 2011 Davis Cup World Group!

very astute investment strategy and the Kazakhs are interested in knowing what the long term impact of the product is.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Youznhy should be ashamed. He doesnt deserve the WTF on this result, no player aiming for that should lose to a mug like Kukushkin. Embvarrassing for the atp that kukushkin is now a title holder, what a joke. ow hes gonna be in the AO (disaster) and the announcer wont be able to pronounce his name. Worst year ever for theses Russian tourneys. Consider me not impressed, atp keeps on going downhill with these sorts of farce results.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM

agreed. If AHM won in Austria is would have been the icing on the cake

Snowwy
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I never think it's possible but you do manage to say stupider shit each successive time you post.

:lol:

Certinfy
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Youznhy should be ashamed. He doesnt deserve the WTF on this result, no player aiming for that should lose to a mug like Kukushkin. Embvarrassing for the atp that kukushkin is now a title holder, what a joke. ow hes gonna be in the AO (disaster) and the announcer wont be able to pronounce his name. Worst year ever for theses Russian tourneys. Consider me not impressed, atp keeps on going downhill with these sorts of farce results.Youzhny played for over 3 hours yesterday, nothing to be ashamed of! In fact considering his situation on court he should be proud of himself for giving the crowd a match!

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Youzhny played for over 3 hours yesterday, nothing to be ashamed of! In fact considering his situation on court he should be proud of himself for giving the crowd a match!

He is in the top 10. He shouldnt be losing to players of Kukushkins calibre period

Certinfy
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
He is in the top 10. He shouldnt be losing to players of Kukushkins calibre period
Of course he shouldn't, but then Nadal shouldn't be losing to GGL, Federer shouldn't be losing to Montanes, Djokovic shouldn't be losing to Melzer, Murray shouldn't be losing to Fish, Soderling shouldn't be losing to Mayer, and Berdych shouldn't be losing to Malisse.

Shit happens dude, get over it. Every player loses to players of a calibre they shouldn't lose to.

Topspindoctor
10-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Mughail :rolleyes:

Bad result for the game, he should be beating mugs like Kukushkin in his sleep.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Of course he shouldn't, but then Nadal shouldn't be losing to GGL, Federer shouldn't be losing to Montanes, Djokovic shouldn't be losing to Melzer, Murray shouldn't be losing to Fish, Soderling shouldn't be losing to Mayer, and Berdych shouldn't be losing to Malisse.

Shit happens dude, get over it. Every player loses to players of a calibre they shouldn't lose to.

all those players you mentioned are a class above kukushkin and are actually proper players. Youzhny is chasing a spot for the WTF and it is in his home country + a final and he loses in straights to a shite player like kukushkin?, im sorry but it's disgraceful. This kind of garbage happens in the WTA, but the ATP. It's a joke :o

Ivanatis
10-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Another Kazak player wins an ATP title! :rocker2:

Very happy for Kukushkin!

no matter how much money you shove up their asses, these players will never be more Kazakh than I am Malawian:wavey:

still happy he won his first tourney, well done:yeah:

Geo
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Youznhy should be ashamed. He doesnt deserve the WTF on this result, no player aiming for that should lose to a mug like Kukushkin. Embvarrassing for the atp that kukushkin is now a title holder, what a joke. ow hes gonna be in the AO (disaster) and the announcer wont be able to pronounce his name. Worst year ever for theses Russian tourneys. Consider me not impressed, atp keeps on going downhill with these sorts of farce results.

Your posts are a joke :spit: :o The announcers at the AO can just learn how to say his name properly.

Kukushkin did well to win his first title. Youzhny was lucky to even be in the final, considering he almost lost in both the QF and SF.

Audacity
11-01-2010, 01:16 AM
I lose big money betting on Kukushkin to beat Stepanek last week in Round 1 or 2 (forget), he loses. Comes out this week and takes the title over a quality opponent like Youzhny...

jcempire
11-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Kukushkin
What a play