Too many trolls! We need a Forum moderator! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Too many trolls! We need a Forum moderator!

tangerine_dream
09-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey duckies! :wavey:

I noticed that some forums now have moderators. Seeing as how the Roddick forum has more than its share of trolls and haters crashing this place, I think maybe it's time we got a moderator here, too. I asked Amanda about it and she said we just need to come up with a shortlist of people to nominate and then one would be elected by us to be moderator of the AR forum.

So I guess I'll get the ball rolling: personally, I'd like to see either bunk or star as moderator. They are both fair-minded, smart, and can smell a troll post from hundreds of feet away. bunk is very good at not giving trolls the time of day and just going about her business; starR is very good at chewing them up and spitting them out. :toothy: :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I agree, we need some kind of moderator. How do we go about it?

tangerine_dream
09-18-2004, 03:49 PM
I just told you: we simply post here who we think would be a great moderator, decide on one of them and then inform Amanda about our decision. Done! You're a moderator!

Umpire Bunk, the Troll Killer :devil: :bowdown:

Jennay
09-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Great idea Tangy :bowdown:

Deb, Tangy, or Star :D

Deboogle!.
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Me? :scared:

tangerine_dream
09-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes, bunkie, YOU! Of all of us, you are the most clear-headed, unbiased person here. You play fair. You smell :bs: a mile away. You're a *lawyer* (in training). You are perfect. Go forth and kill all Roddick trolls, Umpire Bunk. :toothy: :lol: :hug:

Jennay
09-18-2004, 04:02 PM
God I was just reading through some of the threads :o We need a moderator NOW :scared:

Deboogle!.
09-18-2004, 04:03 PM
:haha: I'm laughing and blushing at the same time LOL! :kiss:

Well I'm not gonna vote for myself. If you all want me to, I will do it (it can't be that time-consuming?). So you can all carry on the discussion :)

*slinks out of thread*

tangerine_dream
09-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Yaaa, bunkie says she'll do it. :banana: Who else votes for bunk (or anyone else)? :)

Neely
09-18-2004, 04:35 PM
IMO, everybody of the "old" (I mean not having joined this fourm in May 2004), established and frequently posting 100% Andy fans would be a good choice.
From my own personal experience this is Bunk, Tangerine, Star, Naldo, Jackson.
(I see the vote is concentrating more on the former persons ;) )

:yeah:

If there are no more nominees, I'll also vote for Bunk :kiss:

LCeh
09-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Just one thing though: Unless Amanda has installed hacks onto the forums, the moderator won't be able to block, nor ban a particular poster. So all you can do is delete his/her posts. But I guess that's still better than letting them flood the forum with useless posts. :lol:

Neely
09-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Just one thing though: Unless Amanda has installed hacks onto the forums, the moderator won't be able to block, nor ban a particular poster.
lol, I think that goes without saying :lol:

LCeh
09-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but still, the forum is a lot more easier to moderate if you can actually block posters from your forum. :p

Golfnduck
09-18-2004, 05:01 PM
I vote for bunk. I do think we need a mod with all the trollies that come in here.

superpinkone37
09-18-2004, 05:10 PM
go bunk!!! :yeah:

andyroxmysox12191
09-18-2004, 06:53 PM
deb :kiss:

Carito_90
09-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Deb or Tangy :)

snaillyyy
09-18-2004, 09:35 PM
:)Having a moderator sounds like a great idea, anyone who comes in to the forum with the expressed purpose of bashing Andy or a particular poster needs to be sent packing. I vote Deb ;)

RoddickBabe10
09-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Bunk, you don't know me and vice versa but ever since I started posting on this thread, you've always been my favorite poster, so I vote for you! :rocker2:

MisterQ
09-19-2004, 12:10 AM
What constitutes a troll? If a poster writes nothing but commentary on Andy's game, can he/she be considered a troll?

superpinkone37
09-19-2004, 12:23 AM
yeah...thats true...i mean like dirk is trying to be all nice and commplementary to andy, which is really strange. he's trolling the andy forum, but he hasnt said anything bad recently, at least i dont think ....

andyroxmysox12191
09-19-2004, 12:34 AM
nimo Q....imo a troll would be someone who says rude things to andy and his fans directly or generally in here. if its commentary on his game like it was going on in the improvemnts thread, then that can stay because..it can.. but if we have like gogoguga, or whatever his name was, or anyone else trying to start up something again, then thats a troll and their posts should be deleted....thats just me though :)

honey_b_fly_15
09-19-2004, 12:41 AM
I think I should be the moderator since im new :devil: and it would be a very nice welcoming present if i was chosen :angel: :devil:

superpinkone37
09-19-2004, 12:46 AM
nimo Q....imo a troll would be someone who says rude things to andy and his fans directly or generally in here. if its commentary on his game like it was going on in the improvemnts thread, then that can stay because..it can.. but if we have like gogoguga, or whatever his name was, or anyone else trying to start up something again, then thats a troll and their posts should be deleted....thats just me though :)

no, i totally agree with you. i guess its fine for anyone to post in here, as long as they do not purposely cause trouble, like that gogoguga guy

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 01:41 AM
nimo Q....imo a troll would be someone who says rude things to andy and his fans directly or generally in here.

What if they're nice here but say derisive things somewhere else (effectively demonstrating that they have no use for us as people and have nothing constructive at all to add to our discussions)? I think that might count too.

Btw, guys, I'm very flattered :o

star
09-19-2004, 01:42 AM
lol..... I got in on this late, but Bunk is just fine with me too. :)

Levin just told me about this, so I wasn't ignoring you. :)

star
09-19-2004, 01:53 AM
What if they're nice here but say derisive things somewhere else (effectively demonstrating that they have no use for us as people and have nothing constructive at all to add to our discussions)? I think that might count too.

Btw, guys, I'm very flattered :o

I disagree with deleting anyone's posts because of any sort of "personality" issue.

I think only the clear troublemaking posts should be deleted.

If someone is nice here, but says derisive things somewhere else, then that's an issue to be taken up with them privately or not at all. I think the only thing that should be judged is whether the poster is causing trouble with posts here, not whether the poster has had fights with some Andy fans in GM or whether they've posted nasty comments about some Andy fans they don't like on another forum.

If it get personal, I think we are on a slippery slope.

For instance, I don't like Dirk one bit, and I won't give him the time of day, but unless he starts going off the deep end, I wouldn't delete his posts.

Actually, the person who gets least caught up in all these personality issues is Mister Q. But then he might not delete ANY posts. :rolls:

star
09-19-2004, 01:54 AM
I think I should be the moderator since im new :devil: and it would be a very nice welcoming present if i was chosen :angel: :devil:

Ok. I vote for you! Since at least you ASKED for a vote. :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 01:55 AM
:secret: I was kidding

star
09-19-2004, 01:59 AM
:whisper: I was kidding

Oh, sorry. I missed that. I didn't see any smiley or wink so I guess I took it literally.

Anyway, I wasn't just responding to that post but to other things said before you posted. Your post was in response to the posts previous to yours so I just tacked on. :)

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 02:03 AM
:confused: now you've lost me.. I was just being sarcastic in light of today's revelations.. i haven't said a word about deleting posts of anyone's or anything like that :scratch:

then again unless you wanna talk about breach of duty and proximate cause I'm not sure my brain is open to understanding;)

star
09-19-2004, 02:09 AM
Well, I don't know if I can explain it more clearly, but what I saw was a discussion of who was a troll whose posts should be deleted and you aksed if the definition should be expanded to include the person who was nice here and spoke derisively about Andy's fans elsewhere.

My response was no. The definition shouldn't be expanded to include that person.

I probably should have worded it more particularly, but then again, I didn't realize it was going to be misunderstood, just like you didn't know your post wasn't going to be understood as just joking. :)

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Sorry, I misread your last post, I thought you said your response wasn't just to MY last post but other things I specifically had said. I see you meant you were replying to what OTHERS also had said.

Too many cases....almost 12 hrs of outlining.... making head spin :( Sowwy

star
09-19-2004, 02:21 AM
I didn't know that other forums had moderators. Who are the moderators on the other forums?

PennyThePenguin
09-19-2004, 01:50 PM
neely and jazz_girl

Peta Pan
09-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, I'm late as usual. But I would have voted for Bunk, Tangy or Star since they seem to be 3 of the most cluey and frequent posters here.

Other posters, please don't take that the wrong way, it's just that I haven't been on the Andy board long enough to acquaint myself with all of the threads :)

tangerine_dream
09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Mr Q, here's some examples of what useless trolls post like (and waste valuable space and our time in the AR forum):

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=763739&postcount=1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=699398&postcount=1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=696817&postcount=1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=694617&postcount=1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=611459&postcount=458http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=696964&postcount=23
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=695338&postcount=1
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=729389&postcount=109
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=720010&postcount=81
(The village is still looking for it's lost idiot; a sad case of stick-up-ass-itis and extreme inanity)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=696964&postcount=23
(stalking and impersonation of a regular poster; Sigma really needs to get a life and quit obsessing over me, it's beyond pathetic :o )
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=779212&postcount=78
(harassment of a regular poster)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=709899&postcount=26
(this guy's more offensive posts have already been removed)

Many of these losers have already been disqualified for racket abuse, but nothing can stop them from creating yet another screenname and starting up again.

Trolls, IMO, add absolutely nothing of interest or substance to this forum. They come in here just to be obnoxious, insult or harass us, or just to insult Andy and to try to start trouble. They are, for the most part, intellectual sewage and bring nothing of worth to the Roddick table. :)

As for the two-faced haters who pretend to be concerned about Roddick and his progress and then proceed to trash him/us in another forum, well, we pretty much have them on ignore anyway. And it'll probably be a cold day in hell before any of them are bright enough to realize that they're talking to themselves and aren't likely to get a response. LOL.

papasmurf11
09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
I think both Bunk or Tangy would do a great job!

heya
09-19-2004, 10:05 PM
In this delusional, dysfunctional MTF group,
his BAD fans REPRESENT HIM & we're supposed to be MOCKED by "GOOD" FED/FERRERO/DAVID/KRATOCHVIL fans--grown adults with children & 21 year-old :retard::retard:!
I'm sorry, I don't make believe that
my faves are PERFECT geniuses.

I have to compete with low-lives that pretend they are threatening to me & other types of fans?!
These are the same lying trolls that have to put on a CONDESCENDING MASK to hide their fear & insecurity. It's not anyone's fault if they can't handle my love. Try to kick me out! :fiery:

wyver made up a lie that I bad-repped him & sent him hate messages.:bs:
The :retard::retard: at GM believed that :bs:.
I never had a discussion with that phony.
Dirk called Andy & the French "fags," & since he enjoys Andy's failures,
he puts on a caring facade here to get reactions. "Andy is just a serve and forehand." That's all!!! :ras:

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 10:49 PM
awwwwwwww heya!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: we love you, the Andy forum would not be the same without you. Don't let them get to you!!

sol
09-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Hello Duck’s fans :bigwave:,

I’m glad some posters to be collaborating with Amanda to make the MTF a pleasant place for all the tennis’s fans:yeah:. However, it is sad that we need an Umpire in each player forum to delete some offensive post. :sad:

Deboogle!.
09-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Hi Sol! :wavey:

I agree, it is too bad it has to come to this. But, you see, some people are so obsessed and filled with hatred and negativity that they bring it here and insult us. I think it's more the personal insults that bother people here. Very much too bad it has to happen :sad:

sol
09-19-2004, 11:50 PM
I can understand that. It doesn't happen only here, and for that reason we already have several moderators in other forums. I hope you find the best moderator soon. :D
Good luck! :yeah:

Jennay
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
:wavey: Hello Sol! :hug:

sol
09-20-2004, 12:04 AM
:wavey: Hello Sol! :hug:
Hi, Jennay :bigwave: :hug: :D

Sjengster
09-20-2004, 12:09 AM
A question - if these aforementioned "two-faced haters" are on ignore and their posts cannot be read, what happens if they metamorphose into trolls and then start posting offensive and harassing messages? Although I suppose moderators can view everyone's posts, including those on ignore, if the situation demands it.

tangerine_dream
09-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi Sol :wavey:

Not every forum really needs a moderator but in case you haven't noticed, there is an enormous amount of loathsome hate directed towards Roddick and his fans and the attacks have gotten far too personal and nasty. We've had a huge troll problem here within the past several weeks and it gets tiresome having to fend off such vile persons every day. I find MTF to be relaxing and fun for the most part, and it's bad enough we have to deal with such lunacy in GM, however, we feel that such trolling behavior should not be tolerated or allowed at all in the players' forum. :)

sol
09-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Hello, Tangy :wavey:
Well,

I have been surprised because we also have a moderator in the Forum “Español” that is a too calm place. I hope you find a good moderator with the maturity/neutrality necessary to convert the Andy's forum in a fun place for all their fans. :hug:

Éowyn
09-20-2004, 02:58 AM
i'd have to go for tangy she seems far far far more open minded than the rest and seems to be here more than anyone else!

TangyLovesDaveed
09-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by tangerine_dream
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=696964&postcount=23
(stalking and impersonation of a regular poster; Sigma really needs to get a life and quit obsessing over me, it's beyond pathetic :o ).

Could you please do a search as you have diligently done on all other posts, and find out that there has been anything derogatory posted about yourself or Roddick from myself? It won't be that difficult and as for stalking you, it seems that you have your wires crossed on that subject.

Does the definition of a troll include someone who posts on this forum and in respect to Roddick's game and does not engage in personal abuse at all, but is not a regular visitor to the forum?

Deboogle!.
09-20-2004, 05:45 AM
Does the definition of a troll include someone who posts on this forum and in respect to Roddick's game and does not engage in personal abuse at all, but is not a regular visitor to the forum?

not in my opinion

Fumus
09-20-2004, 02:01 PM
haha, I was going to say Bunk should be the Mod. Who needs a moderator when you have Mr.Q the bad discussion diffuser?

Chloe le Bopper
09-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Could you please do a search as you have diligently done on all other posts, and find out that there has been anything derogatory posted about yourself or Roddick from myself? It won't be that difficult and as for stalking you, it seems that you have your wires crossed on that subject.

Actually, despite what they might tell you, yes it does. The same people telling you that it doesn't are the same ones who used to piss and moan when I chatted to an old poster in there, despite the fact that I didn't post anything negative about Andy in here (or anywhere else really, for that matter) :wavey:

Fumus
09-20-2004, 02:04 PM
ugh, Sigmagirl damn it, I thought you retired?!

tangerine_dream
09-20-2004, 03:44 PM
ugh, Sigmagirl damn it, I thought you retired?!

:haha: See? I told you they were obsessed with us and need to get a life.

tangerine_dream
09-20-2004, 03:59 PM
i'd have to go for tangy she seems far far far more open minded than the rest and seems to be here more than anyone else!

Aww, that's sweet of you, JJ. :D :hug:

And I love your Mardy av! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to shell_of_myself again. Darn it. ;)

Mr. Man
09-20-2004, 04:11 PM
gawd, now you've got Becca and Sigma's #2 username posting up in here. Kill us all.

Go Bunk!

Chloe le Bopper
09-20-2004, 04:24 PM
gawd, now you've got Becca and Sigma's #2 username posting up in here. Kill us all.

Go Bunk!
You know, I was on this board, probably posting in the occasional Andy thread, sometime before you were. Don't speak as if this is a sudden occurence. In fact, I used to have friendly discussions with a couple of Roddick fans before you, bunk, tangy, and others came along. Funny how you guys like to comment on things you know nothing about, isn't it? :confused:

In truth, I would never have come in here today if one of you weren't lurking my board and filling star's little head full of lies about one of my friends. Hilarious that some of you can lurk my board and discuss my posts there (and even blame them on other people), but not read or reply to me on here.

Sheer idiocy, that.

zoltan83
09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
I remembered that at the start when I came here, I asked : why there is no moderator here? Because it seemed to me strange that a big forum (there is a lot of activity on AR) hadn't a moderator. Not specially for "regular" members but for all trolls.

Fumus
09-20-2004, 06:02 PM
:haha: See? I told you they were obsessed with us and need to get a life.

Well who isn't obsessed with you? Even I made a Tangerine shrine in the awesome avatars thread! :worship: Tangerine = God and I must comment about every post she makes:worship:

tangerine_dream
09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
breakdancingfish, I created a separate poll so go ahead and vote. :)

If someone is nice here, but says derisive things somewhere else, then that's an issue to be taken up with them privately or not at all. I think the only thing that should be judged is whether the poster is causing trouble with posts here, not whether the poster has had fights with some Andy fans in GM or whether they've posted nasty comments about some Andy fans they don't like on another forum.......If it get personal, I think we are on a slippery slope.

Yes, I agree star. I'm not concerned about Queen Midol and her ilk, I'm talking specifically about the rash of trolls we got here during the USO Series several weeks ago.

A moderator is needed here more than in any other forum because, seriously people, whenever Andy starts appearing on TV or is featured the media, the trolls come back twofold.

J. Corwin
09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Yikes! :eek: I'm sooo late in this thread lol. Can I eenie meenie miney mo when voting between you, deb, and star in the other thread? :lol:

tangerine_dream
09-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Yikes! :eek: I'm sooo late in this thread lol. Can I eenie meenie miney mo when voting between you, deb, and star in the other thread? :lol:

LOL Jace. Yes, and don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't vote for me. :hug:

Fumus
09-20-2004, 07:23 PM
I nominate Heya for forum moderator...welcome to "rantville"...home of the world famous nonsense hamburger.

Sorry, Heya, I still love you.

star
09-20-2004, 07:23 PM

Don't eenie meenie miney me! :)

Seriously, I don't really want the job.

I would like to have some guys in the mix too. You and Mr. Q and Naldo along with Bunk would be great moderators. :)