Which one most likely to complete current MASTERS? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which one most likely to complete current MASTERS?

freeandlonely
10-31-2010, 12:29 AM
P.S.
Nadal has won Hamburg once(08)
Federer has won Hamburg 4 times(02,04,05,07)
any update note would be appreciated

R.Nadal(24+1)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/07,09,13)
MIAMI(RUP/05,08,11)
MONTE CARLO(WON/05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12)
ROME(WON/05,06,07,09,10,12,13)
MADRID(WON/05,10,13)
CANADA(WON/05,08,13)
CINCINNATI(SF/08,09)
SHANGHAI(RUP/09)
PARIS(RUP/07)

R.Federer(17+4)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/04,05,06,12)
MIAMI(WON/05,06)
MONTE CARLO(RUP/06,07,08)
ROME(RUP/03,06,13)
MADRID(WON/06,09,12)
CANADA(WON/04,06)
CINCINNATI(WON/05,07,09,10,12)
SHANGHAI(RUP/10)
PARIS(WON/11)

N.Djokovic(18)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/08/11/14)
MIAMI(WON/07/11/12/14)
MONTE CARLO(WON/13)
ROME(WON/08/11)
MADRID(WON/11)
CANADA(WON/07,11,12)
CINCINNATI(RUP/08,09,11,12)
SHANGHAI(WON/12/13)
PARIS(WON/09/13)

A.Murray(9)
INDIAN WELLS(RUP/09)
MIAMI(WON/09/13)
MONTE CARLO(SF/09)
ROME(R16/10)
MADRID(WON/08)
CANADA(WON/09,10)
CINCINNATI(WON/08,11)
SHANGHAI(WON/10/11)
PARIS(QF/07,08,10,11)

HKz
10-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Hmm, well Federer had his chances, and obviously now he is getting older and the ones on clay will be tough regardless. I think Djokovic has the best chance honestly. He is young and can play on all the surfaces. Nadal of course has a chance, but I think Djokovic has a better chance overall.

Fujee
10-31-2010, 12:36 AM
This simply highlights the lack of a grass masters.

solowyn
10-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Djokovic, definitely. If he can get past Nadal's stranglehold on Monte Carlo :p

Nadal seems like he will always have trouble at Cincy.

dombrfc
10-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Nadal
Novak
Fed
Murray

Although in this discussion...madrid (clay) is usually merged with hamburg and shanghai merged with madrid (hard)

emotion
10-31-2010, 12:40 AM
djoker... thank god for no grass masters

Topspindoctor
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Mugray is not going to win a single clay masters 1000, much less all 3 :spit:

Edit: Ah, he won Madrid, but they didn't play on clay in 2008 or he'd get roasted. Still MC+Rome = no chance.

Pirata.
10-31-2010, 01:34 AM
Mugray is not going to win a single clay masters 1000, much less all 3 :spit:

Edit: Ah, he won Madrid, but they didn't play on clay in 2008 or he'd get roasted. Still MC+Rome = no chance.

HC Madrid is basically current Shanghai, while clay Madrid is the new Hamburg, which he never won either, so your point still stands. Murray will never win a clay Masters unless all his opponents retire and give him w/o to the final.

I think Djokovic has the best chance.

And this thread should still reflect Madrid/Hamburg/Shanghai issues.

Arakasi
10-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Ignoring the Shanghai/Madrid/Hamburg issue (which is actually very straightforward) skews these numbers. Federer and Nadal have both won 6/9 of the masters.

Fujee
10-31-2010, 02:30 AM
djoker... thank god for no grass masters

Grass masters makes complete sense, its a slam surface for fuck sake.

RedHotRafa
10-31-2010, 03:33 AM
Lets go through this:

Nadal:

Miami: 2 twos runner up, 2 points from straight set 2005. Likely to happen sometime
Cincy: maybe never, too fast
Paris: Possible but he's long out of steam I think by November. One Final
Shanghai: Don't count it for players who won Hamburg.
There's nine of them for a reason, a player shouldn't have to win 10.

Fed:
Monte Carlo: Never
Rome: So close in 2006, Not see it happening though.
Shanghai: Don't count because he won Hamburg
Paris: Don't see it happening. No further than Quarters once?!

Djoker:
Monte Carlo: Not as long as Nadal is around or Verdasco for that matter
Madrid: Nah too high altitude. Breathing issues, etc.
Cincy: Totally possible 2 straight finals.
Shanghai: Nope don't see it happening

Murray:
Indian Wells: Possibility, one final loss against 2009 AO form Rafa, not too bad I'd say.
Clay masters: No chance, he's just not a good clay court player as it stands now. He was lucky to get Madrid while it was a hard court tournament.

So in order:
Nadal
Djokovic
Federer
Murray

shiaben
10-31-2010, 03:47 AM
Would be nice to see someone get all of them. We'll see what unfolds.

born_on_clay
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Rafa will have problems with winning Cicni. As for now I'd say Djokovic
Murray won't ever win a single Masters on clay

ApproachShot
11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Don't think any of the current crop will complete it. Nadal has a slim chance, and Federer's is slightly slimmer.

Certinfy
11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Djokovic.

Fedicilous
11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Neither Federer nor Nadull. Roger is too old to compete on clay and there will always be a non-mug on Nadal's road to trash him out in HC M1000.

GeoMaster
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I wish someday, someone will win all four slams, and all nine Masters, in one calendar year, that could be me, yeah! :D

Sapeod
11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Andy Murray......when he improves on clay and Fed and Nadal have gone...he will dominate everywhere like Federer did....he will win all the masters.

It's inevitable...come on....anyone who doesn't see that needs to open their eyes...

Certinfy
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Neither Federer nor Nadull. Roger is too old to compete on clay and there will always be a non-mug on Nadal's road to trash him out in HC M1000.
This, I doubt Murray will ever be a huge threat on clay either which is why I'll rule him out as well, Djokovic is the only hope here IMO.

rafa_maniac
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Rafa should have at least one Miami title by now :(

Oh, and none of them will do it.

Sillyrabbit
11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I wish someday, someone will win all four slams, and all nine Masters, in one calendar year, that could be me, yeah! :D

That'll be a good year, but then the next year would be horrendous. 17,000pts to defend.:eek:

HKz
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
That'll be a good year, but then the next year would be horrendous. 17,000pts to defend.:eek:

Which is obviously why you immediately retire so that clowns at MTF could spend eternity claiming that you would have won 112409 slam titles had you continued playing making you GOAT.

peribsen
11-01-2010, 10:33 PM
ps. let's put Hamburg/Madrid/Shanghai issue in other threads

Sorry, but you can't just ignore that issue when you are discussing MS victories. There are 9 MS slots. Tournaments may have changed over time (Stockholm, later Essen, later Stuttgart-indoor, later Madrid-hard), but if you are going to compare players from different generations, the older player shouldn't have to win 10 or even 11 venues to reach that number.

Ignoring the Shanghai/Madrid/Hamburg issue (which is actually very straightforward) skews these numbers. Federer and Nadal have both won 6/9 of the masters.

Exactly.

Shanghai: Don't count it for players who won Hamburg.

It makes no sense to lump together tournaments on different surfaces.

Shanghai occupies the slot left by Madrid hard, while Hamburg was replaced by Madrid clay.

So wins in Hamburg/Madrid-clay should be counted together, as well as results in Madrid-HC/Shanghai (like Stockholm/Essen/Stuttgart/Madrid used to be).

MalwareDie
11-01-2010, 10:38 PM
None of them.

RedHotRafa
11-02-2010, 01:37 AM
It makes no sense to lump together tournaments on different surfaces.

Shanghai occupies the slot left by Madrid hard, while Hamburg was replaced by Madrid clay.

So wins in Hamburg/Madrid-clay should be counted together, as well as results in Madrid-HC/Shanghai (like Stockholm/Essen/Stuttgart/Madrid used to be).

It does for Nadal and Federer, because they have both won on Madrid hard and clay and Hamburg. So they should not be counted as winning 3 tournaments, when really Madrid just shifted surfaces and times in the year still retaining the name Mutua Madrileņa Madrid Open, same trophy, etc.

Arakasi
11-02-2010, 01:51 AM
It does for Nadal and Federer, because they have both won on Madrid hard and clay and Hamburg. So they should not be counted as winning 3 tournaments, when really Madrid just shifted surfaces and times in the year still retaining the name Mutua Madrileņa Madrid Open, same trophy, etc.

I don't understand why you are trying to complicate things; peribsen was clear enough.

Hamburg/Madrid (clay) can effectively be counted as the same tournament. Equally, Madrid (hard)/Shanghai can be counted as the same tournament. It's very simple; the four tournaments are condensed into two "slots".

Therefore, Federer and Nadal do not have to win Shanghai. They have both won Shanghai's predecessor, Madrid (hard), so they have 6/9 masters series titles already.

peribsen
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM

No, they have both won TWO of those tournaments: for example, Rafa has won 2 times in Hamburg/Madrid-clay, and once in Madrid-HC/Shanghai. Meaning he doesnīt need to win Shanghai in order to get to a complete hand of 9 MS.

Agassi never won Hamburg, nor Stockholm, nor Stuttgart indoor. He obviously never played Shanghai since it only became a MS last year. He did win Madrid-hard 2002.

Guess what, in MS result tables Agassi appears as having won 1 Shanghai (an asterix warns you to remember Shanghai stands also for Madrid-HC, Stockholm, etc). You would have him winning 0 Shanghai but 1 Madrid-clay!!! You can't mix clay with HC, no way.

Arakasi
11-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Rafa should have at least one Miami title by now :(

Federer was even closer at Rome. Plus, he had three consecutive finals at Monte Carlo but Rafa never let him win. :sad:

Rafa has been very unlucky at Miami though. I was convinced he would win this year; I never thought Roddick would manage to beat him.

In truth, both of them have only ever struggled with one of the masters series tournaments. Nadal has never had much success at Cincy. Two semis isn't bad but watching him play you can see he is very vulnerable on the surface.

Similarly, Federer has a unbelievably poor record at Paris. I think I'm right in saying his W-L record is only barely positive. He has never progressed beyond the QF there. To be fair though, he skipped Paris during his peak years '04-'06, although '05 was due to an ankle injury. He probably would have won if he'd bothered to show up in '06 but obviously his priority was Basel :p.

Arakasi
11-02-2010, 02:02 AM
No, they have both won TWO of those tournaments...

I beat you to it ;).

peribsen
11-02-2010, 02:15 AM
I beat you to it ;).

Too fast for me ;)

freeandlonely
11-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Paris here we come.

Langers
11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I accidentally voted Murray.

Djokovic is the answer.

freeandlonely
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM
results updated
interesting in the next several years

70-68
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Djokovic and Nadal have better chance than Federer or Murray, but neither of them will complete it IMO.

freeandlonely
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
For me the strangest is that Djokovic hasn't won Cincy, also Nadal to Miami.

starluk
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Neither of them will finish I guess,it's really hard to achieve,but it seems Nadal has a better chance if he could keep healthy

vn01
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Nadal's problem is Cincy. If he tries to win it and give his best there, he will fail in New York.
Federer can't win Monte Carlo. He is still able to win Rome, Shanghai and Paris.
Maybe Nole has the biggest chance- as someone said before me, The Djoker is young and is able to win MC, Madrid, Cincy and Shanghai.
As of Murray, he can win at most 1 AMS Title on clay.

If Del Potro returns healthy and in form, he can win all the Masters Series titles and I'm not biased. :)

Chair Umpire
11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Out of those: Nadal.

But I don't think he'll do it.

The Matador
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Nadal never really plays his best in cincy and paris and i dont think federer will ever win rome so probably djokovic but i dont see it happening for a long while.

luie
11-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Novak has the best chance imo.
The courts might be too fast for nadull @ cincy/Paris.
Fed has a chance in Paris/Rome but the slow,high bouncing,surface that is very conducive to spin might derail him @ MC.Plus he is a step slower.

Foxy
11-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Nadal's problem is Cincy. If he tries to win it and give his best there, he will fail in New York.
Federer can't win Monte Carlo. He is still able to win Rome, Shanghai and Paris.
Maybe Nole has the biggest chance- as someone said before me, The Djoker is young and is able to win MC, Madrid, Cincy and Shanghai.
As of Murray, he can win at most 1 AMS Title on clay.

If Del Potro returns healthy and in form, he can win all the Masters Series titles and I'm not biased. :)

May I remind you DelPo hasn't won a single masters series, let alone 9 and on top of that different masters series??????????????
Rafa could do it but only if he aims to it.

Sapeod
11-15-2010, 06:23 PM
May I remind you DelPo hasn't won a single masters series, let alone 9 and on top of that different masters series??????????????
"13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!"

Roger Federer is.

vn01
11-15-2010, 06:32 PM

I told you, he may win some titles. :)

freeandlonely
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Update.
Any miss information is needed, thank U very much.

Federer is close(but also far) to perfect.
And he has 4 Hamburg in his bag.

arm
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Madrid was replaced by Shangai. Murray won Madrid when it was an indoor tournament. Should it be counted? I would agree to count it even if he had never won Shangai... But you can't count both Shangai and Madrid... The guy never won a clay MS. :shrug:

Just my opinion, anyway....

freeandlonely
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Madrid was replaced by Shangai. Murray won Madrid when it was an indoor tournament. Should it be counted? I would agree to count it even if he had never won Shangai... But you can't count both Shangai and Madrid... The guy never won a clay MS. :shrug:

Just my opinion, anyway....

It's very solid opinion from you and many others.
I just try to make it simple if any possible, my bad.

Imperfect Angel
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
At this point, Djokovic and Murray.

arm
11-20-2011, 02:59 PM
It's very solid opinion from you and many others.
I just try to make it simple if any possible, my bad.

Shouldn't you also count Djokovic's title in Shangai in 2008, then?

Hey, I appreciate your work :worship:, just giving my opinion... ;)

sunsfuns
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Djokovic has an excellent chance to do it. Too late for Federer particularly in Monte Carlo... Nadal is possible, but unlikely - some surfaces are just too fast for him and/or at the wrong time of the year (Miami will happen some year I think). Murray is not a serious contender due to clay factor.

freeandlonely
11-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Nadal(5)
Federer(6)
Djokovic(6)
Murray(5)

If we counted Hamburg/Madrid/Shanghai issue :

Nadal(5or6)
1.Hamburg is clay anyway, so 5
2.Hamburg was Masters, so 6
3.Anyway, Nadal has to win 3 of IW, Cincy, Shanghai, and Paris

Federer(7or8)
1.Madrid is hard, which we could maybe count as Shanghai, so 7
2.Hamburg was Masters, so 8
3.Anyway, Federer has to win MC or(and?) Rome

Djokovic(6or7)
1.Shanghai was not regular, so 6
2.Shanghai was the Masters of Masters, so 7
3.Anyway, Djokovic has to win both MC and Cincy

Murray(5)
1.Murray has nothing to do with this issue, so 5
2.Anyway, Murray has to win all of IW, MC, Rome and Paris

romismak
11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
There is no issue here. I think counting is pretty clear. Madrid indoors is now Shanghai so Murray won Madrid and Shanghai - but it counts as 1 original Master 1000 event. And Hamburg was replaced by Madrid clay- now Rome switched with Madrid but Hamburg- Madrid was the replacement. So Murray has 3 titles at Madrid indoor/Shanghai and Roger has 5 titles from Hamburg/Madrid.
Also Noleīs Shanghai was WTF- replacement by London WTF not MAster 1000 event.... i think counting is pretty clear here.

Out of 9 different Masters - Roger has 7/9 , needs MC, Rome- i am 100% sure he wonīt win those 2 events.
Nole has 6/9. Needs Cinci, MC and Shanghai
Rafa has 6/9 needs PAris, Cinci, Miami
Murray is irrelevant he has 0 clay Masters and donīt think he can win all 3.

Rafa and Nole have chances to win all 9 Masters, Nole has higher chance i think.

sunsfuns
11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Nadal(5)
Federer(6)
Djokovic(6)
Murray(5)

If we counted Hamburg/Madrid/Shanghai issue :

Nadal(5or6)
1.Hamburg is clay anyway, so 5
2.Hamburg was Masters, so 6
3.Anyway, Nadal has to win 3 of IW, Cincy, Shanghai, and Paris

Federer(7or8)
1.Madrid is hard, which we could maybe count as Shanghai, so 7
2.Hamburg was Masters, so 8
3.Anyway, Federer has to win MC or Rome

Djokovic(6or7)
1.Shanghai was not regular, so 6
2.Shanghai was the Masters of Masters, so 7
3.Anyway, Djokovic has to win both MC and Cincy

Murray(5)
1.Murray has nothing to do with this issue, so 5
2.Anyway, Murray has to win all of IW, MC, Rome and Paris

Sorry, but I think you made a mess of it...

To complete the set:

1)Federer needs Monte Carlo and Rome
2)Nadal needs Miami, Cincinnati and Paris (and YEC as well)
3) Djokovic needs Monte Carlo, Cincinnati and Shanghai
4) Murray needs Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid and Paris (and YEC)

freeandlonely
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but I think you made a mess of it...

To complete the set:

1)Federer needs Monte Carlo and Rome
2)Nadal needs Miami, Cincinnati and Paris (and YEC as well)
3) Djokovic needs Monte Carlo, Cincinnati and Shanghai
4) Murray needs Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid and Paris (and YEC)

Thank U.
I need to make the biggest mess first to make it clear.

Saberq
11-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Novak has the best chance given that Fed needs Rome and Monte Carlo......Novak will win Cincy at some point as well as Shanghai and MC is well tricky but doable

alter ego
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Novak has the best chance given that Fed needs Rome and Monte Carlo......Novak will win Cincy at some point as well as Shanghai and MC is well tricky but doable

Djokovic won't win MC because of Nole Open :o

Saberq
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM

sad but true

MuzzahLovah
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
There is no issue here. I think counting is pretty clear. Madrid indoors is now Shanghai so Murray won Madrid and Shanghai - but it counts as 1 original Master 1000 event. And Hamburg was replaced by Madrid clay- now Rome switched with Madrid but Hamburg- Madrid was the replacement. So Murray has 3 titles at Madrid indoor/Shanghai and Roger has 5 titles from Hamburg/Madrid.
Also Noleīs Shanghai was WTF- replacement by London WTF not MAster 1000 event.... i think counting is pretty clear here.

Out of 9 different Masters - Roger has 7/9 , needs MC, Rome- i am 100% sure he wonīt win those 2 events.
Nole has 6/9. Needs Cinci, MC and Shanghai
Rafa has 6/9 needs PAris, Cinci, Miami
Murray is irrelevant he has 0 clay Masters and donīt think he can win all 3.

Rafa and Nole have chances to win all 9 Masters, Nole has higher chance i think.

But Shanghai is not indoors.

romismak
11-20-2011, 04:38 PM
But Shanghai is not indoors.

Yes but it replaced Madrid as 8th Master of the season. You must count it as 1- Madrid indoors/Shanghai. Hypothetically if Murray is going to win next season all remaining Masters he needs he will have 10from 9:D So you simply must count MAdrid indoors and Shanghai as 1.

freeandlonely
11-20-2011, 06:41 PM
sad but true

Nadal can do Barcelona, so as Djokovic I believe.

buzz
11-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Djokovic has the best chance, he's very good on all masters series surfaces. And still young.

Still think chances are higher he won't win all.

Swiss_Bagels17
11-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Murray considers Clay one of his favourite surfaces got a set against Nadal this year and pushed Djokovic when going through the streak to say he can't win a 1000 Clay is wide of the mark.

Pirata.
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Murray won't win a clay masters.

romismak
11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Murray considers Clay one of his favourite surfaces got a set against Nadal this year and pushed Djokovic when going through the streak to say he can't win a 1000 Clay is wide of the mark.

Maybe he will win once clay MAster, but he will never win all 3 of them, just like Roger may win MC or Rome, but wonīt will both of them- in Rogerīs case there is also time factor against him. But generally we can agree neither Roger or Andy will win all Masters. Nole and Rafa have bigger chances for sure.

Orysbestos
11-20-2011, 10:12 PM
R.Nadal(18+1)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/07,09)
MIAMI(RUP/05,08,11)
MONTE CARLO(WON/05,06,07,08,09,10,11)
ROME(WON/05,06,07,09,10)
MADRID(WON/05,10)
CANADA(WON/05,08)
CINCINNATI(SF/08,09)
SHANGHAI(RUP/09)
PARIS(RUP/07)

R.Federer(14+4)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/04,05,06)
MIAMI(WON/05,06)
MONTE CARLO(RUP/06,07,08)
ROME(RUP/03,06)
MADRID(WON/06,09)
CANADA(WON/04,06)
CINCINNATI(WON/05,07,09,10)
SHANGHAI(RUP/10)
PARIS(WON/11)

N.Djokovic(10)
INDIAN WELLS(WON/08/11)
MIAMI(WON/07/11)
MONTE CARLO(RUP/09)
ROME(WON/08/11)
MADRID(WON/11)
CANADA(WON/07,11)
CINCINNATI(RUP/08,09,11)
SHANGHAI(SF/09,10)
PARIS(WON/09)

A.Murray(8)
INDIAN WELLS(RUP/09)
MIAMI(WON/09)
MONTE CARLO(SF/09)
ROME(R16/10)
MADRID(WON/08)
CANADA(WON/09,10)
CINCINNATI(WON/08,11)
SHANGHAI(WON/10/11)
PARIS(QF/07,08,10,11)

P.S.
Nadal has won Hamburg once(08)
Federer has won Hamburg 4 times(02,04,05,07)
Why not put HAMBURG & MADRID (Clay) and SHANGHAI & MADRID (Hard) together so as not to cause confusion? seeing as how theyr the same thing:wavey:
Like this
INDIAN WELLS
MIAMI
MONTE CARLO
ROME
HAMBURG/MADRID (Clay)
CANADA
CINCINNATI
MADRID (Hard)/SHANGHAI
PARIS

freeandlonely
04-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Djokovic one left from current Masters complete

Alex999
04-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Djokovic one left from current Masters complete
yeah, Nole needs to win Cinci and that's it :)

MIMIC
04-28-2013, 09:08 AM
I wonder if Djokovic can win EVERYTHING. That includes Davis Cup (1x), all 4 slams (3/4), the YEC (2x), all 9 Masters (8/9) and the gold medal at the Olympics (no).

That'd be sweet :cool:

superslam77
04-28-2013, 10:33 AM
so fed is still the only one with big tournament career finals in singles

romismak
04-28-2013, 10:44 AM

yes if you count olympics, but if we are talking about regular biggest events - slams, WTF and Masters 1000 events than Nole was in all F just like Roger, Roger has Olympics F, but Nole has DC victory.

Either way Rafa will never make Cinci F:d to fast no?:D so he wonīt make all big tournament F.

ProdigyEng
04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Djoko King is just one away!!!!!

Tag
04-28-2013, 11:16 AM
certainly not swiss fruad...

choking and bitching at monte carlo years ago :devil:

B-Nard
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Other: Bernard Tomic.

hiperborejac
04-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I wonder if Djokovic can win EVERYTHING. That includes Davis Cup (1x), all 4 slams (3/4), the YEC (2x), all 9 Masters (8/9) and the gold medal at the Olympics (no).

Well I can't see why Novak can't win Olympics 2016. It's probably going to be played on clay and I can't see any new clay court specialist emerge till that time. Nadal will be 30 and in very questionable physical condition, and Federer to old. Maybe Delpo could do damage if he stays healthy. I won't even mention Murray. No clay specialist among new coming youngsters. So it's Novak's to lose that Olympics (of course if he stays healthy and motivated and is played on clay - if it's hard court I can see many more challengers at that time)...

Wing Man Frank
04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Nadal and Federer have no hope.

Djokovic will be the only one to do it.

Mr. Oracle
04-28-2013, 11:52 AM

Oh I like that! :banana:

And if he should accomplish this herculean task, me thinks we shall have to open up a new "who's the GOAT?" thread, because surely winning X number of slams is not what it's all about. This paradigm shift will cause quite a bit of cognitive dissonance with "those who like to humour themselves!" :lol:

BRAVO Mimic!

GSMnadal
04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Nadal and Federer have no hope.

Djokovic will be the only one to do it.

Agreed

Mr. Oracle
04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Djoko King is just one away!!!!!

Just ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN ! :lol:

Mr. Oracle
04-28-2013, 11:56 AM
certainly not swiss fruad...

choking and bitching at monte carlo years ago :devil:

Looks like he gave up completely at MC, won't even play there anymore because of Rafa syndrome :lol:.

Mr. Oracle
04-28-2013, 11:59 AM

Yeah yeah yeah, it always has to be about fed. Read the thread title.

Mr. Oracle
04-28-2013, 12:02 PM

O' ye of little faith...:)

Han Solo
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Looks like he (Federer) gave up completely at MC, won't even play there anymore because of Rafa syndrome :lol:.

Yeah yeah yeah, it always has to be about fed. Read the thread title.

:unsure:

Han Solo
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM

And if he should accomplish this herculean task, me thinks we shall have to open up a new "who's the GOAT?" thread, because surely winning X number of slams is not what it's all about. This paradigm shift will cause quite a bit of cognitive dissonance with "those who like to humour themselves!" :lol:

BRAVO Mimic!

It surely would be a massive achievement and would raise Djokovic's standing in the game to the first tier of "greats", I think. But, you know, 2016 is a long way off still...

Tag
04-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Looks like he gave up completely at MC, won't even play there anymore because of Rafa syndrome :lol:.

diva is clearly bitter that monte carlo can survive perfectly well without him :superlol:

Freak3yman84
04-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Nole :worship:

He'll definitely capture Cinci and RG at some point. Then all he needs is an Olympic gold :drool:

Roy Emerson
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Djokovic only needs to win Cincinnati.

heya
04-28-2013, 08:40 PM
There used to be a legendary time when it was ok to hang around for a decade to make millions by doing the nasty on Fed and losing 4 set points and 3 match points vs. him.
Players with no weapons pushed lazy backhands & panicked at the net. Pigs were so sick in the head and overweight that they twisted their weak, painful back muscles &
ripped their stubby tendinitis legs and fell on the ground after hitting so hard at Federina's girly groundstrokes.

Now it's normal to beat Federina as you suffer from illness & injury while not trying too much as you face 2 match points in a Slam. :spit:

NoleAquaman is swimming with the clown seals. Not Navy seals. Fedseal is barking in agony.

Kyle_Johansen
04-28-2013, 11:58 PM
If Nole doesn't win Cincy I would be surprised.

rocketassist
04-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Djokovic just needs to get Cincy. Maybe one year he'll mug out of Canada and then take it seriously.

Mr. Oracle
04-29-2013, 01:54 AM
There used to be a legendary time when it was ok to hang around for a decade to make millions by doing the nasty on Fed and losing 4 set points and 3 match points vs. him.
Players with no weapons pushed lazy backhands & panicked at the net. Pigs were so sick in the head and overweight that they twisted their weak, painful back muscles &
ripped their stubby tendinitis legs and fell on the ground after hitting so hard at Federina's girly groundstrokes.

Now it's normal to beat Federina as you suffer from illness & injury while not trying too much as you face 2 match points in a Slam. :spit:

NoleAquaman is swimming with the clown seals. Not Navy seals. Fedseal is barking in agony.

True, seals can be vicious too--specially the older males. In the water though, NoleAquaman can humorously outmanoeuvre them thankfully.

Alex999
04-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Djokovic just needs to get Cincy. Maybe one year he'll mug out of Canada and then take it seriously.
to be honest with you, you are onto something here. that's been my feeling for a long time. I'm not sure why, but I've always thought he hasn't taken Cinci seriously. he played like God in Montreal 2007 def, Roddick, Nadal and Fed (#3,2,1) ... then he goes to Cinci and plays like a clown losing to Moya. then that pathetic final against Murray, where Novak wasn't even trying ... then getting baggeled by Fed, also playing who the heck knows what ... I don't get it.

I'm sure he'll win it if he puts his mind into it ...

MIMIC
04-29-2013, 04:29 AM
to be honest with you, you are onto something here. that's been my feeling for a long time. I'm not sure why, but I've always thought he hasn't taken Cinci seriously. he played like God in Montreal 2007 def, Roddick, Nadal and Fed (#3,2,1) ... then he goes to Cinci and plays like a clown losing to Moya. then that pathetic final against Murray, where Novak wasn't even trying ... then getting baggeled by Fed, also playing who the heck knows what ... I don't get it.

It's because Ohio sucks.

beotiger
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM

2007-08' Nole was famous for losing early after winning masters (vs Anderson @ Miami post IW win), so to do it at Cincy vs Moya is not so crazy.

08' Final vs Murray was super, super hot and Nole still was human at that point in his carrer and succumbed to the heat, not to mention Murray is Murray, no shame in losing there (in 2 TB's, btw).

11' Final vs Murray, Nole was physically "dead" from the first match vs Harrsion. To get to the final there was acomplished strictly on the confidence he had built up. I was dissapointed that he even played that tournament instead of resting.

Losing to Fed twice, well, Feds not bad either.

Bottom line, if your getting to the final of a masters event 4 times already in your career, its not quite fair to suggest that its a lack of seriousness thats keeping you from winning it. More like circumstance.

Djokerer
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
If he skips Montreal, he should easily win Cincy. 10 matches in 13 days are just too much

Timot
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Bottom line, if your getting to the final of a masters event 4 times already in your career, its not quite fair to suggest that its a lack of seriousness thats keeping you from winning it. More like circumstance.

Exactly. It's obvious that Nole is really motivated to win it as he reached 4 finals there, just that he doesn't play well enough to take the whole thing on the fastest surface on Masters' tour. He probably will take it within the next few years.

kidbourbon
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't think Nadal will win Cincy.

Mountaindewslave
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
This simply highlights the lack of a grass masters.

this!

Saberq
04-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Nole will become the masters GOAT when he wins Cincy

rocketassist
04-29-2013, 11:44 PM

He could do, it's not easy to do both back-to-back and it only highlights how impressive Roddick's achievement was to do it in 2003 (he had to play 12 matches in 14 days)

Usually Novak takes Canada seriously. If he lost early there one year he'd have a real shot at Cincy.

BTW whoever mentioned Cincy 08 final, that was a really good two sets of tennis and both guys played pretty well.

stewietennis
04-30-2013, 02:57 AM
Nole will become the masters GOAT when he wins Cincy

Certainly the most well rounded Masters resume but is he Masters GOAT with only 15 (if he wins Cincy)?

HKz
04-30-2013, 03:23 AM

BRAVO Mimic!

What hypocrisy as usual in the face of obvious bias :facepalm:

Mr. Oracle
04-30-2013, 04:05 AM
What hypocrisy as usual in the face of obvious bias :facepalm:

How is what I said hypocritical? You seem to have real difficulty in understanding my posts lately :lol:

retister
04-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Djoko to become a grandmaster of tennis by winning Cincinnati :rocker2:

chalkdust
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
OK, he could/should win Cincy, but what if we get a grass Masters before he retires? If it comes, he will be past his peak.

Kyle_Johansen
04-30-2013, 03:24 PM
OK, he could/should win Cincy, but what if we get a grass Masters before he retires? If it comes, he will be past his peak.

A grass masters would replace a tournament so it would just be like Fed winning Hamburg 4 times and then it switching to Madrid.

chalkdust
05-01-2013, 09:21 AM

A grass masters would replace a tournament so it would just be like Fed winning Hamburg 4 times and then it switching to Madrid.

Oh yeah. Good point. Nole better hope he wins Cincy before/in case it gets dropped for a grass Masters.