Christian lindell how far can he go [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Christian lindell how far can he go

illepingis
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Christian lindell is in the semis in sao paolo after wins against souza alves and schukin
how far do you think he can go
christian competes for sweden but lives in brazil

guichard
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Number 1 this time next year for sure :)

misty1
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
all i know is its nice that it looks like robin will be getting some help from now on

would be great if berta could wake up and join him now

illepingis
10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
i also think that brydolf can raise some rankings hopefully ryderstedt can start to play some great tennis like in a few years back

misty1
10-29-2010, 03:40 PM
if berta, brydolf and lindell all fulfill what they can do sweden will be looking good again and robin will be lonely in the top 100 no more

illepingis
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
he just took the first set of belucci

Pirata.
10-29-2010, 04:54 PM
I think he can break into the top 100 for sure, he's been playing extremely well the past few weeks, just won his first futures title defeating the top seed in the final, and he is improving his game with every match. In two of his matches this week he's lost the first set and been down a break but come back to win and that's important for confidence, so I think for sure he can build on this and get his game to a higher level and eventually break into the top ten :)

He is currently ranked 445 and I think he will move into the top 400 after the Sao Paulo challenger. Amazing considering this time last year, he was practically unranked. He is only 19 so there is going to be lots of chances for him in the future. For sure he will probably get wild cards to play Costa do Sauipe next year (his mother is Brazilian and he spends a lot of time there) and to Bastad and Stockholm next year to get more tour experience and ranking points. He got a WC to Bastad this year and took Nieminen to three sets.

Filo V.
10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Based on what I've seen from him, he can definitely be a consistent top 100 player, which is the biggest hurdle for young players to break. He's still young and developing, though, so for right now, hopefully he just continues to improve, and he's doing so at a good pace.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Not very far. He will be a journeyman for life.

Orka_n
10-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Not very far. He will be a journeyman for life.The kid hasn't even turned 19 yet and still you got his whole future figured out. :yeah: MTF is such a well of wisdom.

Well... Christian is talented, so I expect him to reach top 100. But exactly how high he'll go, I don't know. It all depends on if he continues to evolve as a player and what kind of mentality he has. And I haven't seen him enough to make an analysis on the latter.

ciprianned
10-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Top 30 .