10-29-2010, 02:58 PM
What a mug this Cilic :rolleyes:

malisha
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
just go home and try to have fun and practise

no sense in playing tennis at the moment

Certinfy
Crazy! Absolutely crazy! After AHM broke back he was practically hitting winners at will!

Lucky Loser? Seriously? Organisers of this tournament should be absolutely disgraced to not have given him a WC!

Great chance of making the final as well!

illepingis
haider maurer seems to have find the form he had against söderling in us open
well done

samanosuke
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Cilic's song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeYz1m1FI4

Acer
10-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Good

philosophicalarf
10-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Sillych strikes again.

Voo de Mar
This happens to a player's confidence after beating a goat like Muster ;)

STUHL
Bye Byee Cilic, thanks for coming :D

Luinir
10-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Cilic's song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeYz1m1FI4

no, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-NG0pU-Ms

or, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuget-NHzY

emotion
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
You know... By this score, Muster and Cilic woulda been at one set all

samanosuke
10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
If the limits even exist , Cilic knows them well

Voo de Mar
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Cilic is a joke player - with his height the guy completely hasn't a clue how to take an advantage of the serve in tie-breaks.

marcelwks
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
big chance for Melzer - Haider final

oranges
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
just go home and try to have fun and practise

no sense in playing tennis at the moment

Couldn't agree more

Topspindoctor
10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Good to see this mug struggling. He'll be out of top 20 soon enough. Right after AO.

Deivid23
10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Haider-Maurer-Fighter-Non-choker today:yeah:

Marin :o

Helevorn
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Good to see this mug struggling. He'll be out of top 20 soon enough. Right after AO.

this will be a major victory for tennis

Hellraiser
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Good job AHM ; )

handi +4.5g $$$

Pirao666
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
But I thought AHM was a clown and that's the only reason Muster got to a tiebreak? What happened here? :angel:

samanosuke
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Haider-Maurer-Fighter-Non-choker today:yeah:

He didn't choke today because he knew that a choke against Cilic is Sisyphus job

jrm
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
at least he isn't far from home; one positive thing if we are searching for one :lol:

big slap to event for awarding WC to Six Feet Under Muster but whou AHM get as far if he got one?

Orka_n
10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Cilic is so useless. :lol:

Good on Andreas though.

RIboy
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Cilic is a joke player - with his height the guy completely hasn't a clue how to take an advantage of the serve in tie-breaks.

Averange 1st serve speed:
- Sillyc 188 km/h ( :haha: )
- Haider 206 km/h

Height:
- Sillyc 198 cm
- Haider 190 cm

p.s. cilic is only few months away from IW qualies :cool:

hicdick
10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
what's happened to cilic of ao2010? back then i was expecting him to have great year, and i thought he would win at least 1 masters this year. disappointing.

misty1
10-29-2010, 03:44 PM
it all started for marin after the incident with that german youngster

ever since then he's been spiralling down

Voo de Mar
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM
what's happened to cilic of ao2010? back then i was expecting him to have great year, and i thought he would win at least 1 masters this year. disappointing.

I think his run in Melbourne was a bit delusive. His 5-set win over Del Potro looked impressive but the Argentine after that didn't play a match in 8 months :o Another 5-set win over Roddick also delusive because A-Rod had won against Gonzalez in 5 too in the previous round and was out of gas in the 5th set with Cilic, BTW Roddick is a mediocre 5-set player without any experience of winning 5-setters being a break down in the 5th.

hicdick
10-29-2010, 03:48 PM

oh yeah, forgot that terrible incident. how is the kid now? does anyone know?
i really hope cilic would find that level he was playing in ao. this has been so disappointing season for many top 20 players. :(

hicdick
10-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I think his run in Melbourne was a bit delusive. His 5-set win over Del Potro looked impressive but the Argentine after that didn't play a match in 8 months :o Another 5-set win over Roddick also delusive because A-Rod had won against Gonzalez in 5 too in the previous round and was out of gas in the 5th set with Cilic, BTW Roddick is a mediocre 5-set player without any experience of winning 5-setters being a break down in the 5th.

yeah, maybe you're right. still, he outplayed murray in the semis first set, then HE ran out of gas after those five-setters. think he totally deserved to be in semifinal.

dombrfc
10-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Not the guy who opened up with a 14-1 record at the start of the season surely :(

Fall like a stone after AO and 2X MM wins come off the ranking.

philosophicalarf
10-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Cilic only beat DelPot and Roddick in 5, despite them both being injured. Murray was hopeless in the opening set too.

Anyway, Cilic was showing bad signs by Dubai, then stunk at IW (lost to GGL R1), and has basically consistently stunk ever since. I've heard various rumours why, but the common theme seems to be too much "off-court activities".

hicdick
10-29-2010, 04:01 PM

beijing memories?

hyperren
10-29-2010, 04:02 PM
The organizers of this event should see how far AHM has gone and re-assess their WC "policies."

dombrfc
beijing memories?

My initial thought.

Seems a long long time ago though!

Johnny Groove
I'm not even surprised.

Cilic, what a mug.

CastleVaniaFan
10-29-2010, 04:20 PM
ATP site doesnt even have AHM pic in his profile page :lol:
baggy - Melzer final

Pirata.
10-29-2010, 05:01 PM

I agree, that must've really shaken him up. His tennis wasn't the best quality before that either, but he really hasn't been the same since that incident :sad:

Mateya
10-29-2010, 05:13 PM
:haha:

Čilić is the only player in top 200 I don't like, what a ridicolous player. Tiebreak record keeps improving. :lol:
Makes me wonder how can this dude be in top 20 and I can't be in top 600.

Hey, what should his ranking be if he loses in 3rd round of AO? And he has two titles to defend as well.
Just amazing loss of form.

samanosuke
10-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice to see Cilic having more and more fans

finishingmove
10-29-2010, 05:24 PM
looks like he took the rest of the year off..

fast_clay
10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
this is more like it... muggy with a chance of showers

Doomach777
10-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Great, got AHM @3,6
easy money :))

flynn25
10-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Cilic :haha:

Nidhogg
10-29-2010, 08:28 PM
When you think of it it's amazing how Cilic has been slumping more or less ever since his slam semi and two 250 titles which he kicked off the year with. His confidence just seems shot.

I didn't see this match, but I remember being impressed with Haider-Maurer's forehand when he played Söderling at the USO. He could keep on getting the odd decent result here and there every now and then.

Jimnik
10-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Great week for Austrian tennis.

Filo V.
10-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Cilic's expectations have always been too high, but he's struggling for sure. Marin is overrated. He's not really a pure power player like Soderling/Berdych/the guys he's usually compared to. He's not the same server, he doesn't have the same power on his shots, and he doesn't have the same forceful nature. Marin hit 12 aces but only won 63% of first serve points. AHM was the better player, he played to win and was inspired, hit big, served big, and it worked. AHM played a great tiebreak and Cilic didn't, obviously, and the Austrian used the crowd to his advantage. A great week for him, he's really used the Soderling US Open match as a springboard for great things. Good opportunity for an all-Austrian final now.

.-Federers_Mate-.
10-29-2010, 11:16 PM
marin cilic. What a loser.

this is an awful loss vs a low quality nobody like Haider murer. Murer is terrible player with no future and will be challeners all his career. What the fuck is wrong with Marin, he's garbage :o, h'es slow, his timing is poor, he has no tactics what so ever. AO win was impressive and he played great tennis vs tomic,roddick and delpo in those thrillers. His form has gone off the rails. Bob brett has outdone his use.

Bad reult and bad match. Haider murer sucks and cilic shouldnt be losing to tweebs like him.

Guy Haines
10-30-2010, 02:46 AM
I love watching people pile on Marin on this board. It's as if he never achieved anything, and his wins were all flukes that occurred entirely because of the other player. People used to say this all the time about Nadal, who at least was a defensive player, or Simon. It's such bs. I suspect a lot of it has to do with some of the players -- Nadal, Murray, etc. -- he's beaten.

Voo, Marin beat Roddick at the Australian Open because he played a phenomenal 5th set and (hard to believe now) his serve was clutch. He went into that match having gotten through two five-setters already, so the fact that Roddick had just played one shouldn't matter more. And his performance at the Australian this year was an extension of his improvement at the US Open the previous fall and the fact that he has always played well at the Australian.

Marin is just pathetic right now. I don't know why the hell he is even playing instead of regrouping, except for the money and the fact that if rumors are to be believed, he's easy. His poor performances go back way before the coma/practice incident.

If he flushes his career down the toilet, so be it. It's his right to be incredibly stupid. But a lot of the talk about his supposed lack of ability on MTF is ridiculous, with people writing about him as if he's already 30 and completely untalented. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eventually come back to prove the haters wrong, but he's got a long road ahead of him.

Arkulari
10-30-2010, 04:01 AM
if Ivanisevic couldn't teach him how to play TB no one can :o
for someone as tall as he is, he's totally clueless about playing those

shiaben
10-30-2010, 04:41 AM
This is officially the match that will set him in the grave. I don't ever see Marin Cilic coming back again. 2010 Australia, will be the last memory I will ever have of him. I had faith in this guy to get better and make things interesting. He's just flat out collapsed, just abysmal. I don't want to ever mention or see him again. I don't expect him to improve at all. Just terrible, nothing more to say.

10-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Marin :sad: :ras:

hicdick
10-30-2010, 07:53 AM
I love watching people pile on Marin on this board. It's as if he never achieved anything, and his wins were all flukes that occurred entirely because of the other player. People used to say this all the time about Nadal, who at least was a defensive player, or Simon. It's such bs. I suspect a lot of it has to do with some of the players -- Nadal, Murray, etc. -- he's beaten.

Voo, Marin beat Roddick at the Australian Open because he played a phenomenal 5th set and (hard to believe now) his serve was clutch. He went into that match having gotten through two five-setters already, so the fact that Roddick had just played one shouldn't matter more. And his performance at the Australian this year was an extension of his improvement at the US Open the previous fall and the fact that he has always played well at the Australian.

Marin is just pathetic right now. I don't know why the hell he is even playing instead of regrouping, except for the money and the fact that if rumors are to be believed, he's easy. His poor performances go back way before the coma/practice incident.

If he flushes his career down the toilet, so be it. It's his right to be incredibly stupid. But a lot of the talk about his supposed lack of ability on MTF is ridiculous, with people writing about him as if he's already 30 and completely untalented. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eventually come back to prove the haters wrong, but he's got a long road ahead of him.

agree with this. i don't understand why cilic is so hated here, it's not like he fluked/had an easy path to grandslam semis, he fought hard and played some great tennis back then. it was a great achievement for the young lad, i just hope he can come back stronger in 2011. btw, is there a thread in mtf regarding these 'rumors'?

Deivid23
10-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Hope Marin regroups and starts shutting clueless mouths in here next year. To those who are saying he´s a joke of a player, let me say this:

You´re all a bunch of fucking idiots

Hope this helps

henke007
10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Cilic needs to clean up his act and return to the Murray killer he was at US OPEN 09!!

samanosuke
10-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Hope Marin regroups and starts shutting clueless mouths in here next year. To those who are saying he´s a joke of a player, let me say this:

You´re all a bunch of fucking idiots

Hope this helps

I am not sure that I'll survive these heartbreaking words

Deivid23
10-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I am not sure that I'll survive these heartbreaking words

Nothing new to you. A fanboy/girl with Raul in his/her avatar pretty much says it all;)

samanosuke
10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Nothing new to you. A fanboy/girl with Raul in his/her avatar pretty much says it all;)

You can tell what do you want to me but leave Raul out of this conversation , specially when we talking about Cilic

fran70
10-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Amazing victory for Andreas. By far this is his best week in his career. Under my opinion Berrer is the favourite to win today but my support goes for the Austrian ;)

BTW, Marin should reorganize his working team and focus on next year`s schedule. Things can`t be that worse than they are right now. It`s a real pity to see Marin losing so badly.